PDA

View Full Version : The benefits of tipping????

Angelymer9
02-13-15, 02:20 PM
I actually don't understand the whole tipping-thing in resto2.
Why does a lot of people do that?? If you get tips back, it only brings you 5 coins. While you stay in your own resto, the water servings earn a lot more. Is it because people think with 4 stars, they get 'maybe' more gifts? Or that the name looks familiar that way..again in the hope for more friends and gifts?? Or is it the one diamond you get after visiting thousands of members?? I just dont get it. I tip back most of them who tip me, but i keep questioning what the benefit is for others, you,... Or is it to maintain stars so others know you're still playing?..

Please shine some light here :o

queentina3
02-13-15, 03:56 PM
I tip because it gives me something to do while I'm waiting for the street market to replenish, waiting to change food over that is close to being done, and even waiting for pasta or another not-to-long but long-enough-to-annoy item to replenish in a shop. Having the extra stars or 5 coins doesn't even really factor into it for me.

rosewaterlily
02-13-15, 04:32 PM
You get gems in the trophy case for tipping x amount of people.

WinnyWoos
02-13-15, 05:08 PM
You get gems in the trophy case for tipping x amount of people.

Speaking of that trophy, I recently saw someone with it and you'd think after doing allllllll that stuff, they'd reward us with something not so hideous. I was very surprised when I saw it....smh

travelingcircus
02-13-15, 06:04 PM
I go through my neighbor list and tip everyone avail everyday. Some only get one, while others I give the full amount depending on if I share gifts with them as well. I do not think that my neighbors know I'm doing it and it is not for recognition for me, just something I want to do to show my appreciation.

One thing I do not understand is that people make notes on my wall and tell me how many they left. I thought only five were avail every day, but sometimes based on comments it seems as though they have given me more (someone gave 5 and someone says they gave one or two).

I am not sure exactly how it works, but that's what I do. It would be nice to know who left me tips as I would give them full amount and rotate gifts.

queentina3
02-13-15, 06:14 PM
I am not sure exactly how it works, but that's what I do. It would be nice to know who left me tips as I would give them full amount and rotate gifts.

You can only leave 5 tips a day. If they don't leave a message on your wall with how many tables that they tipped (were available to them to tip), then you can check your message folder (top right) and it will stated "someone visited you. Go check out their restaurant" and the name of who did it is above the message. That only is left when someone has tipped you. You won't know how many tips they left, but you'll know they at least tipped one table.

Most people I think tip all tables available. Why leave only 1 tip if 5 tables have hearts showing you can tip those as well? That doesn't make much sense to me. I just tip all available tables and move on. *shrugs*

WinnyWoos
02-13-15, 06:30 PM
I think I know what yall are talking about....So let's say for example someone visits and post on your wall that they only tipped 2, usually they say that so you can let them know when you've cleared your tables and they will come back to tip the remaining 3. A lot of players that post on your wall usually come back for what they didn't get to get the first time if you let them know you've cleared your tables. I don't think its about the money cause it's hardly enough to matter but more for the social part of the game. (if you chose to socialize) And if not that's ok too, lol! But hopefully that's what yall were even talking about, if not just ignore me! Haha!

travelingcircus
02-13-15, 07:52 PM
Thanks for explaining. I will continue to tip everyone but am not going to post that I did on everyone's wall, that is way too much work.

queentina3
02-13-15, 09:26 PM
Thanks for explaining. I will continue to tip everyone but am not going to post that I did on everyone's wall, that is way too much work.

Oh I agree completely with that as it does take way too long and every now and again, the game freezes up. In fact, I've noticed lately that when I go back to my place after tipping a few (to check on my market or food) and the servers are giving food to tables that nobody is sitting at and no coins show up either. I haven't checked to see if when the food disappears at the empty table, if it adds back into the count on the counters, it all happens to fast, but I find it funny they're serving an empty table or customers that are just invisible to me. :rolleyes:

tiggerhobbes
02-14-15, 12:28 AM
I tip SO THAT I don't have to post on their wall.

I don't donate blood for the cookies, and I don't tip for the coins/ stars/ worthy 'profit.'

I don't regularly visit neighbors, from time to time I like to have a look and see if they have redecorated or rearranged their seatings etc, and to see what they are cooking. In the real world I go look and the ower of the place may notice I came by even if I don't leave him a memo. In game this is the closest thing to casual interest and casual-social. I don't have to make a point to write you a message to tell you I came and visited, but you will have some way of noticing.

Angelymer9
02-14-15, 02:39 PM
I tip SO THAT I don't have to post on their wall.

I don't donate blood for the cookies, and I don't tip for the coins/ stars/ worthy 'profit.'

I don't regularly visit neighbors, from time to time I like to have a look and see if they have redecorated or rearranged their seatings etc, and to see what they are cooking. In the real world I go look and the ower of the place may notice I came by even if I don't leave him a memo. In game this is the closest thing to casual interest and casual-social. I don't have to make a point to write you a message to tell you I came and visited, but you will have some way of noticing.

Well, this is my view too. I love to see others decoration too and the progress they make. When i do, i click the hearts if there are any.

Like some others i don't like to write on walls, it's slowing the flow of the game. With this total of tables, the newsfeed does a very good job.

WinnyWoos
02-14-15, 02:48 PM
I didn't mean that everyone should do those things, I was only answering Travelingcirus's question and explain why people post how many they've tipped on your wall. Everyone plays the way they want therefore, the socializing aspect is obviously optional. It's no doubt a lot of work posting on everyone's wall. I only have a hand full of neighbors that I visit daily (well try) whether it's to say "Hi" or talk game strategies etc.

travelingcircus
02-15-15, 10:22 AM
So when I get a message that someone left me coins, that's not from tipping? I guess I'm confused now.

queentina3
02-15-15, 10:58 AM
So when I get a message that someone left me coins, that's not from tipping? I guess I'm confused now.

It probably is as in their minds, they are leaving you coins. :)

You could write to them on their wall and ask them what they mean but it probably means they tipped you.

tiggerhobbes
02-15-15, 11:05 AM
I soooo wish I could leave people hammer, shovels, and blueprints. (though people might look at me funny ... hmm.)

And I so, so, so, sooo wish people would leave me seeds and nails >__<

Please TL? Pretty please? Let us leave more interesting 'tips' behind? :D

travelingcircus
02-15-15, 12:54 PM
Tiggerhobbes it would be nice if I could designate what to leave. I have had to delete things from my toolbox previously and have 24 valentine letters I don't need.

Queentina3 in my newsfeed it shows quick serve and coins received, so if those folks are leaving me tips, then that is not matching up with what people are writing on my wall.

queentina3
02-15-15, 03:01 PM
Tiggerhobbes it would be nice if I could designate what to leave. I have had to delete things from my toolbox previously and have 24 valentine letters I don't need.

Queentina3 in my newsfeed it shows quick serve and coins received, so if those folks are leaving me tips, then that is not matching up with what people are writing on my wall.

Oh, the newsfeed is gifts given to you by your neighbors, not the same thing as tipping. The only thing I recall ever getting gifted is the quick serves and coins (of course it never says how many coins). It is similar to how Farm Story 2 works, in that we can't decide on what to gift to our neighbors.

tiggerhobbes
02-15-15, 03:05 PM
You know, I've been whining and whining and whining a lot about not getting enough coins, to the point where neighbors asked if I wanted some cheese to go with my whine.

But then one day I got 30 coins in my daily gift, I thought my neighbor finally got fed up with me and decided to really, really, really insult me.

Eventually I figured out coins (30!!!!!) and quick serves are the only available options and sender don't get to choose.

Good thing I didn't delete my neighbor out of spite, LOL.

queentina3
02-15-15, 03:13 PM
You know, I've been whining and whining and whining a lot about not getting enough coins, to the point where neighbors asked if I wanted some cheese to go with my whine.

But then one day I got 30 coins in my daily gift, I thought my neighbor finally got fed up with me and decided to really, really, really insult me.

Eventually I figured out coins (30!!!!!) and quick serves are the only available options and sender don't get to choose.

*Laughs hysterically*

Wait, it does tell you how many coins you get when gifted? I usually just hit accept quickly so I can get to my food as my counters are usually empty and I don't want Cid or Lilly walking out on me. :o

Angelymer9
02-15-15, 03:37 PM

LOLLLL, so while you where going nuts on that gift, you where still looking yourself where and how to send gifts to your neighbours?? Because you would have seen that there was only one kind of gift; the surprise gift ;)
Your neighbours gave you the wrong advice; better stick with cheese and no more whine for you :p