PDA

View Full Version : Treebra Value Pack

Vodelle
02-13-15, 12:49 PM
There's a new value pack out. For $15 (or whatever the currency conversion might be in your country), you get:

750k coins
150 roses
1 Treebra

The treebra is an earth/nature super rare that could have been won in a 30-round arena tournament a while back. Anyone miss out on this animal and thinking of getting it?

(Once again - I already have this animal, and a $15 price-point is too high for me.)

zenobia42
02-13-15, 01:06 PM
Every time a new value pack appears I get my hopes up that it's one of the 1-week limiteds I did not manage to breed despite VERY sincere efforts.

And every time a new value pack appears, I am disappointed yet again.

readysetgo888
02-13-15, 01:16 PM
I think having value packs for limited animals (or heck, even super rare or ultra rare permanent animals) would make more sense than these tournament ones for $15... that's just way too high. I mean, if you really wanted a tournament animal it would make more sense to play the tournament, do the best you could, and then just use ultimates on the last rounds. $15 would buy you, what, 400 gems? That's 13 ultimate hits without speeding. I think most people can at least reach round 20 on the tournaments, so you could definitely save yourself some cash by just using ultimates in the tournaments rather than ever buying one of these value packs. I think it's pretty unlikely that you'd ever have to use so many ultimate hits in a tournament that it wouldn't work out to be cheaper to do it that way, unless you just couldn't play much at all the week the tournament was going on.

readysetgo888
02-13-15, 01:18 PM
Of course, I'm discounting the fact that they probably make most of the sales to new players anyway, that weren't around for this tournament and haven't realized yet what a bad deal this actually is...

Vodelle
02-13-15, 01:23 PM
Every time a new value pack appears I get my hopes up that it's one of the 1-week limiteds I did not manage to breed despite VERY sincere efforts.

And every time a new value pack appears, I am disappointed yet again.

Haha, aw, I'm sure they'll release them eventually! I'm kind of glad that the past couple (treebra & unicornicopia) have been animals I already own, especially because $15 just isn't doing it for me. I am not sure what I'd do if an animal I reeeally liked was in a value pack for $15, so it being an animal I have means I don't have to make that decision hahah :p

I think having value packs for limited animals (or heck, even super rare or ultra rare permanent animals) would make more sense than these tournament ones for $15... that's just way too high. I mean, if you really wanted a tournament animal it would make more sense to play the tournament, do the best you could, and then just use ultimates on the last rounds. $15 would buy you, what, 400 gems? That's 13 ultimate hits without speeding. I think most people can at least reach round 20 on the tournaments, so you could definitely save yourself some cash by just using ultimates in the tournaments rather than ever buying one of these value packs. I think it's pretty unlikely that you'd ever have to use so many ultimate hits in a tournament that it wouldn't work out to be cheaper to do it that way, unless you just couldn't play much at all the week the tournament was going on.
Yes, I am curious as to who the $15 tournament animals are targeting. Especially since I find the 30-round tournaments to be do-able if one is diligent about playing often.

I reckon whales who want to fill their albums would have been around for the tournament (and sped/ultimate'd it if necessary) whereas people who were around for the tournament and somehow didn't complete it would probably not spring for spending $15 later on. The only thing I can think of is whales who were for some reason not around, or whales who want a duplicate of an animal to keep it as a baby... or something. (Or I guess as you mentioned, new players who are okay with dropping $15... so future whales?)

And, yeah, $15 does not make someone a 'whale' but I am not sure how many normal users / not-super-spenders would go for this kind of pack. The only reason I keep bringing this up, is that I would not mind buying more animals at $5 or possibly $10 but I can't remember the last time we saw a deal w/that value.

readysetgo888
02-13-15, 01:35 PM
Haha, aw, I'm sure they'll release them eventually! I'm kind of glad that the past couple (treebra & unicornicopia) have been animals I already own, especially because $15 just isn't doing it for me. I am not sure what I'd do if an animal I reeeally liked was in a value pack for $15, so it being an animal I have means I don't have to make that decision hahah :p

Yes, I am curious as to who the $15 tournament animals are targeting. Especially since I find the 30-round tournaments to be do-able if one is diligent about playing often.

I reckon whales who want to fill their albums would have been around for the tournament (and sped/ultimate'd it if necessary) whereas people who were around for the tournament and somehow didn't complete it would probably not spring for spending $15 later on. The only thing I can think of is whales who were for some reason not around, or whales who want a duplicate of an animal to keep it as a baby... or something. (Or I guess as you mentioned, new players who are okay with dropping $15... so future whales?)

And, yeah, $15 does not make someone a 'whale' but I am not sure how many normal users / not-super-spenders would go for this kind of pack. The only reason I keep bringing this up, is that I would not mind buying more animals at $5 or possibly $10 but I can't remember the last time we saw a deal w/that value.

Hmm... well... this was a tournament prize in November, so that's been almost 3 months... so there would be plenty of players that joined after this tournament but who have been playing long enough to get addicted to the game. But perhaps not long enough to realize that this isn't actually a good deal - like with the coins, they wouldn't realize that they will eventually hit a point where they have more coins than they know what to do with. That's the only people I can see buying it, because, as you said, anyone who was around for the tournament either won it then or probably wouldn't be willing to buy it.

I really wish the prices were more reasonable. $10 would be my absolute max. $5 might see me actually buying them now and then, if it was a limited animal I couldn't breed. They have had those prices on rare occasions. I really wish the prices were consistent. I wonder what they use to determine how much they are going to sell a particular animal for...? How many people spent gems to get it when it was breedable?

Vodelle
02-13-15, 01:41 PM
No idea how they decide on it. At least it's a super rare - didn't they try to pawn off the Arboar for $15 or something and that's just a rare?

It's weird - I've bought two value packs and admittedly both were when I was new. But one was a $5 vampire cat (hey, I like cats! ... but I imagine most people had picked it up during the world event. I think that pack had actually had runes and coins in it, which was awesome because it helped me expand a bit quicker. I believe anyone above lvl 15 at the time got a pack for a skeletal dragon instead for $10) and the other was the $20 crystal unicorn. (Which isn't too bad of a deal - it's an ultra rare, I have NEVER had any realistic time to just shove 4 elements into the nest because I'm trying for something specific, it boosts you as a new player w/the revenues, and it opens up all the other gem hybrids for you.) Which is especially why spending $15 on what is only a super rare (and not a unique element or anything) is not very appealing to me.

And I didn't realize it had been that long, haha. I was just thinking about how they might price. After all, if they price for $5 or even $10, do speed breeders spend as much or do they spend more when trying for these animals? Because even then, I'd say that getting an animal three or four or however many months later for $5 is something I would pay for, while speed breeders would still do speed to get it when it's out. (Plus as zen has pointed out, plenty of animals have yet to have a value pack.)

readysetgo888
02-13-15, 01:57 PM
No idea how they decide on it. At least it's a super rare - didn't they try to pawn off the Arboar for $15 or something and that's just a rare?

It's weird - I've bought two value packs and admittedly both were when I was new. But one was a $5 vampire cat (hey, I like cats! ... but I imagine most people had picked it up during the world event. I think that pack had actually had runes and coins in it, which was awesome because it helped me expand a bit quicker. I believe anyone above lvl 15 at the time got a pack for a skeletal dragon instead for $10) and the other was the $20 crystal unicorn. (Which isn't too bad of a deal - it's an ultra rare, I have NEVER had any realistic time to just shove 4 elements into the nest because I'm trying for something specific, it boosts you as a new player w/the revenues, and it opens up all the other gem hybrids for you.) Which is especially why spending $15 on what is only a super rare (and not a unique element or anything) is not very appealing to me.

And I didn't realize it had been that long, haha. I was just thinking about how they might price. After all, if they price for $5 or even $10, do speed breeders spend as much or do they spend more when trying for these animals? Because even then, I'd say that getting an animal three or four or however many months later for $5 is something I would pay for, while speed breeders would still do speed to get it when it's out. (Plus as zen has pointed out, plenty of animals have yet to have a value pack.)

I agree - it should be like most things - buy it when it's new and pay full price, or it get "off season" so to speak and pay a lot less. I'd be cool with that. But I guess maybe if people 100% knew that there would be an affordable value pack coming up (no matter how many months later) with the limited animal, they would be less likely to speed for it. Maybe that's why the prices aren't consistent and they don't do every single animal.

Heh the Vampire Cat was such a good deal... I'd buy another one right now for $5 if I had that option. It's so cute, one of my favorite animals in the game. I do feel for the newer players who came into the game after they started all the constant limited releases, since they have never really had good opportunities to try for the Unicorn. I started early enough that I was able to pretty much always do 4 elements together, because there was no time pressure on any animal in particular.... I'm so sorry the game can't go back to being like that, even for just a few weeks. It seems like if there isn't some holiday they can hype up, they'll just release a totally random limited animal. And it may or may not show up in a value pack and that value pack may or may not be reasonably priced. Kind of sucks.

zenobia42
02-13-15, 02:35 PM
Heh the Vampire Cat was such a good deal... I'd buy another one right now for $5 if I had that option. It's so cute, one of my favorite animals in the game. I do feel for the newer players who came into the game after they started all the constant limited releases, since they have never really had good opportunities to try for the Unicorn. I started early enough that I was able to pretty much always do 4 elements together, because there was no time pressure on any animal in particular.... I'm so sorry the game can't go back to being like that, even for just a few weeks. It seems like if there isn't some holiday they can hype up, they'll just release a totally random limited animal. And it may or may not show up in a value pack and that value pack may or may not be reasonably priced. Kind of sucks.

I wholeheartedly agree with all that. The constant pressure - with at least 2 limited animals out at any given time... it takes away from the fun of the game IMO. And I have no idea how anyone who started playing the game since they started releasing a never-ending, ever-increasing stream of limiteds could ever breed a unicorn. The quest for the unicorn was, for most of us anyway, a long-term accomplishment we could always be going for, while also filling our albums. Now... I can't imagine being a new player and staying with this game as it is. It' ALL about the limiteds. Whether you can breed or win them when you can, or buy them later like with this package.

keller63
02-13-15, 03:30 PM
It's wasn't even a question of a doubt for me. I wanted this but couldn't as I was lvl 16 :( so bought it right out no questions asked

rjazz
02-13-15, 06:28 PM
I already have one, but I can understand why some people would go for the package, it also has the roses in it, so if you didn't think you could come up with that many roses for the VD community prize or if u needed the coins to buy the VD habitat. I don't but some new players might although I think $15. Is high.

keller63
02-13-15, 11:38 PM
?10.99 was package for me, bit too much for pixels but I've wanted it ever since I saw it. And it's like I said, I got it because I missed out on the tournament, I wasn't the right level. I don't care that's its only super rare and I don't care that I already have a SR of its elements at lvl14, I just love this design as much as I find others crazy for keeping several crystal unicorns, It serves no purpose.... I would rather 1 of each but to each their own.

As for the limited's with packages, I've seen unicornucopia, present pheasant, cold turkey, and I think others although I can't name them as of yet. So some have been around already

matiasabad94
02-14-15, 04:45 PM
When the Treebra was released a while back I had not made it to lvl 17 yet, so I couldn't even try to get it. Instead, I remember getting a $5 Vampire Cat value pack, which was super cheap and I wasn't around for the Halloween event either.

I have always been soooooo jealous of people who had a Treebra, it's probably one of my favorite creatures. I swore to myself I would never buy a $15 value pack, but I couldn't help it. This makes my third in-app purchase (after the Vampire Cat pack and a huge gem/Unicornicopia discount), but I hate that I probably won't be able to hatch it in at least a few days, thanks to the limited Valentine's animals. Oh well.