PDA

View Full Version : Matripony 2-13-15 REMOVED

Pages : 1 [2]

kestrelcatcher
02-27-15, 07:25 PM
I have been trying for a long time, I'll try breeding the 2 love doves, as suggested :) I got my SantaClaws by breeding 2 reindeer.

ninasidstorm8
02-27-15, 07:30 PM
I have been trying for a long time, I'll try breeding the 2 love doves, as suggested :) I got my SantaClaws by breeding 2 reindeer.

No one is suggesting to breed the two Love Doves. That will not work. The thought is, that having two Love Doves, may affect the odds of getting a Matripony but you need to breed the Smitten Kitten with the Love Dove.

zenobia42
02-27-15, 07:35 PM
Zen..do you have 2 doves? I was able to get one after I had bred 2 doves. Just a suggestion.

I only have 1 dove. I bred (and have since sold some of) 4 kittens before finally getting a dove. As soon as I got one, I've been trying for this 2-3 times a day with one or another kitten and my single dove. Now that 2 of the 3 weeks have elapsed I'm terrified to stop trying for this. If I don't get it, my habitat will look stupid with 2 kittens and a dove. I really want the pony. But right now there are at least 5, probably 6 limited animals out. How on earth is ANYONE other than a whale supposed to be able to get even HALF of them? If I don't get the pony, it'll probably be the last straw for me and this game. Even if I get it, that leaves almost no time for the mardi claw and pygmy giraffe. :( :( :(

keller63
02-27-15, 08:38 PM
A 14 hour timer, 3 days left, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this now...... I see what people mean now by serious commitment and not being rewarded for it with the creature they were after. Ill keep going but my interest in the game is dwindling fast. Was bad enough I missed the pumpkin panda etc.... But this just takes the biscuit

GreasedLightening
02-27-15, 09:28 PM
I only have 1 dove. I bred (and have since sold some of) 4 kittens before finally getting a dove. As soon as I got one, I've been trying for this 2-3 times a day with one or another kitten and my single dove. Now that 2 of the 3 weeks have elapsed I'm terrified to stop trying for this. If I don't get it, my habitat will look stupid with 2 kittens and a dove. I really want the pony. But right now there are at least 5, probably 6 limited animals out. How on earth is ANYONE other than a whale supposed to be able to get even HALF of them? If I don't get the pony, it'll probably be the last straw for me and this game. Even if I get it, that leaves almost no time for the mardi claw and pygmy giraffe. :( :( :(

I feel your pain, I missed out on the palmaranian and the sapphire chaulha, and I am embarrassed to tell you how many gems spent trying for matrimony. But after I got my second dove, it only took 2 breeds to get this pretty pony. Maybe it was just luck, but the description did say have 2 doves....wishing all luck who are still trying for this beauty.

Splashy81
02-27-15, 09:55 PM
That is an interesting idea. The description for the Love Dove says "If you're looking to breed Love Doves on your farm, it's recommended that you try for two." Not a very good hint, if it was meant to be one. I bred my Matripony on the fourth try after getting my second Love Dove. Perhaps a second Love Dove raises your odds for the Matripony. However, it seems a lot of posters have duplicate Love Doves and no Matripony. It would be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

I got the pony shortly after I bred (and placed) a second dove in my forest.

sweetypies97
02-27-15, 11:17 PM
I have had two doves for quite a while, but no luck with the pony.

dragonloona
02-27-15, 11:54 PM
After soooo many fails at Mardi claw (just got one today) and buying pygmy giraffe I'm getting a THIRD matripony!!!! Not sure how I did it cause all this week only getting common fails and one super rare, getting this one on second try was truly jaw dropping!!! ( yah getting a third matripony no problem, but a week of nothing but fails for Mardi claw.... my luck has truly been off!!) But I can't wait for this little one to join Romeo and Juliet!!!! (Ideas on what to name this little one when hatched, for I will truly be grateful with suggestions!???)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/IMG_1571_zps190882d5.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/IMG_1571_zps190882d5.png.html)

rjazz
02-28-15, 12:57 AM
Shakespeare of course!

Doompicnic
02-28-15, 07:46 AM
I just got the pony on my iphone account. I just got the kitten two days ago so I have not been trying long. I'm very surprised. I wish I got it on my ipad account because thats the account I work hard at. I have been trying for the pony on my ipad since the pony came out with no luck.

kestrelcatcher
02-28-15, 10:24 AM
Ah... was hoping breeding 2 doves would work. Oh well, I have 3 doves now and a second kitten in the nest. 14 hour timer on my latest breed, so no pony yet. I wish the same ***** that worked for SantaClaws would work for Matripony, haha!

rjazz
02-28-15, 11:45 AM
You have to breed the kitten & the dove for a pony-nothing else! Good luck to everyone trying!

kestrelcatcher
02-28-15, 02:55 PM
still trying :)

dragonloona
02-28-15, 03:07 PM
OK just hatched my third matripony and the game gave her a pretty good name!!! Any thoughts in if this is a good name to go with Romeo and Juliet? Meet Guinevere!!! Guess if I keep the name, I should get 2 more right... Author and Lancelot lol!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0389_zps37d13e40.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0389_zps37d13e40.png.html)

readysetgo888
02-28-15, 03:19 PM
OK just hatched my third matripony and the game gave her a pretty good name!!! Any thoughts in if this is a good name to go with Romeo and Juliet? Meet Guinevere!!! Guess if I keep the name, I should get 2 more right... Author and Lancelot lol!!!

Lol I like the name, I think it goes. The game named my love dove Lancelot... at first I wasn't sure about it, but I think it fits him lol. If I get a second one I might steal your idea and use Guinevere. :)

rjazz
02-28-15, 03:30 PM
Good Name!

idrispad
02-28-15, 04:12 PM
I've been breeding the dove and kitten constantly and still no pony :(

Buttercup0001
02-28-15, 05:02 PM
How's everyone going with the Matripony? Im still trying...I got my second love dove yesterday and I've evolved it up to be 2 levels below my smitten kitten...so now I have a love dove on lvl 11, kitten on lvl 9 and love dove on 7...so far nothing...just hope time doesn't run out for all that are trying for the Matripony...fingers crossed....good luck

keller63
02-28-15, 05:05 PM
How's everyone going with the Matripony? Im still trying...I got my second love dove yesterday and I've evolved it up to be 2 levels below my smitten kitten...so now I have a love dove on lvl 11, kitten on lvl 9 and love dove on 7...so far nothing...just hope time doesn't run out for all that are trying for the Matripony...fingers crossed....good luck

still nothing, ive been using the same pair with various levels, originally it was love dove 7 and smitten 4 as i planned to chuck that as soon as i had the pony, but fed him to 9 to try the trick, 4th attempt with 2 lvl difference and nothing but 12 13 and 14x2 hour timers, really getting nervous at this... had sooo many 8 hours too, maybe 4 extra kittens and doves alike. just no 10 -.-

keller63
02-28-15, 06:10 PM
Extensin of my last post, just spent the last of my gems speed breeding, even placed the fail dove I got in case I needed 2. Now I have only 5 gems left of 500+ I had saved up when this event started(granted I spent 200 on giraffe) but now I'm officially stuck to normal timers nd yet again, more 12 hours..... So furious right now. Stupid rates -.-

cocauina
02-28-15, 06:14 PM
I'm breeding Smitten with Love since 24th of February, when I had the Love Dove evolved enough to be able to breed. And guess what? I'm only getting Armordillo's, yes only.

zenobia42
02-28-15, 07:22 PM

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0389_zps37d13e40.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0389_zps37d13e40.png.html)

The name Guinevere and the fact that there are three animals in the collection actually makes me think the other two should be Arthur and Lancelot. Love triangle!

In other news, still no Matripony for me.

Nor Mardi Claw.

Nor Pygmy Giraffe which I fear will be like the Palmeranian and Chimpala - going limited for no good reason whatsoever since it's not the slightest bit related to a season or holiday or anything else on a calendar.

xxxe
02-28-15, 08:49 PM
Any time I say I want an animal so bad, I never get it. I have been trying for this since it came out. I only did one other combo to try for the Marti Claw when it first came out. I'm at 28 fails. I haven't been speed breeding because I lost so many gems recently to traps so I guess that's what happens when you breed the slow no gem way. Sigh. I hope they bring this out in a value pack. One that doesn't cost more than 10 dollars would be great. I really need something great to happen with this game or my own game soon here or I'm going to cry. I want the love I had for this game to come back. This and the Confetti Yeti really ****ed my spirit lol. I need Fantasy Forest Annoynomous

TokiChunsa
02-28-15, 09:25 PM
I can't even get the kitten, but three doves. Ppl that haven't gotten these creatures yet should be given a better chance.

AuntyRose32
02-28-15, 09:38 PM
Armadillos only for me >.<

Doompicnic
03-01-15, 08:03 AM
18 hours left for the matripony goal. Does this mean we can no longer breed the pony after the goal disappears? or will it become limited for so many days?

Vodelle
03-01-15, 08:08 AM
18 hours left for the matripony goal. Does this mean we can no longer breed the pony after the goal disappears? or will it become limited for so many days?

I am going to guess it will stop being available after the goal expires. If you want to speed breed or whatever, I'd do it today rather than waiting.

Drachenia
03-01-15, 08:36 AM

Congratulations on your 3 Matripony, I have tried so many times with Smitten Kitten / Love Dove 15/10 LV, LV 4/10 and LV 15/4 and no 2 Matripony only ever Armadillo / Love Dove and Rampage get

kestrelcatcher
03-01-15, 08:54 AM
Sad... still trying, but, I think with my 9 gems left, I'll get maybe 1 more try at the pony... then that'll be it.

Annica5
03-01-15, 09:33 AM
OMG I just now got 10 hours, been staring for a full minute at the number! I was already sooo bitter, accusing Kitty and Dove of going deliberately for armordillos. Fingers crossed for all that tries, hope u get it too!

keller63
03-01-15, 09:50 AM
OMG I just now got 10 hours, been staring for a full minute at the number! I was already sooo bitter, accusing Kitty and Dove of going deliberately for armordillos. Fingers crossed for all that tries, hope u get it too!

afraid not, last attempt was a 12 hour timer, i reinstalled game etc hoping it wasnt a bug for the last try, but nope......

placebo16
03-01-15, 10:00 AM
I have a quick question. I was incredibly fortunate to breed to elusive matripony on my level 10, now 11, baby account. As excited as I am, I have not been playing the game long enough to accumulate the gems necessary to purchase the Valentine's habit. Is TL going to immediately eliminate the ability to purchase the habitat at the same time as the possibility to breed the matripony? Thank you!

ninasidstorm8
03-01-15, 10:33 AM
I have a quick question. I was incredibly fortunate to breed to elusive matripony on my level 10, now 11, baby account. As excited as I am, I have not been playing the game long enough to accumulate the gems necessary to purchase the Valentine's habit. Is TL going to immediately eliminate the ability to purchase the habitat at the same time as the possibility to breed the matripony? Thank you!

I assume you made a mistake in terminology. The Lover's Lane Habitat for the Matripony costs 500,00 coins, not gems. I hope TL leaves the habitat around long enough for you to raise the funds. I'll try to visit to bump up your collection.

placebo16
03-01-15, 10:58 AM
Lol Yes, I did mean coins, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't embarrass myself on first introduction. Thank you for your visit, I returned the favor :) I have read through the entire thread, & I feel for level 40 players that weren't able to breed to the pony. I am also a former player of DS and MS, and gave them up for similar reasons. I wish us all luck and breeding dust for the next limited breeding extravaganza!

saucysammis
03-01-15, 11:04 AM
Ahh, well, won't be "having" the matripony in time for the goal.... Have been breeding for the valentines event and animals nearly exclusively, taking breaks only for luck. Time to move on. Never got the santa claws from the Christmas event either.

Vodelle
03-01-15, 11:18 AM
My Adventures in NOT Getting a Matripony

Hello all, settle down for a tale of over 800 gems wasted in trying to get a Matripony!

2/6: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/7: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/7: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/8: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 8h, Smitten Kitten (r) new, limited

When the Smitten Kitten was first released, things were good! Somehow I got it within 4 tries - I even had a couple days free in which to do other things before the Love Dove was released.

2/10: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 15h, Magmacore (SR) (2nd one)
2/11: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/11: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/12: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/12: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 14h, Volcamel (r)
2/13: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/14: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/14: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/15: Cherry Cub x Magmacore = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/15: Cherry Cub x Magmacore = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/16: Cherry Cub x Magmacore = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/16: Cherry Cub x Magmacore = 14h, Volcamel (r)
2/17: Cherry Cub x Magmacore = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/17: Cherry Cub x Magmacore = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/18: Cherry Cub x Magmacore = 15h, Magmacore (SR) (3rd one)
- 2/18: bought Love Dove from store for 300 gems -
2/19: Pyro Pony x Rock Rhino = 12h, Armordillo (c)

Of course, my quest for a Love Dove proved so fruitless that I bought one from the store so that I could try for a Matripony.

2/19: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/20: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/20: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/21: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/21: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/22: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/22: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/23: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/23: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/24: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 15h, Magmacore (SR) (4th one)
2/24: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 8h, Smitten Kitten (r)(limited)
2/25: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/25: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/26: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/26: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/27: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/27: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
2/28: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 14h, Volcamel (r)
3/1: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)
3/1: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)(sped)
3/1: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 8h, Smitten Kitten (r)(limited)(sped)
3/1: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 15h, Magmacore (SR)(5th one)(sped)
3/1: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 15h, Magmacore (SR)(6th one) (sped)
3/1: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h --> 13h, Rampage (r)(sped)
3/1: Love Dove x Smitten Kitten = 12h, Armordillo (c)

Now, as you can see, I spent the next two weeks or so trying for the matripony, to no avail. So, I decided to speed breed for the first time. I had basically not used gems on anything except the Love Dove since I first started playing the game (in November) so I had a huge stash saved up. I decided to use 500g to speed breed and see where that got me. Worst case scenario (which is what happened) - I wouldn't get it, and I'd have no gems. But considering I hadn't used my gems on anything in the past 4 months anyway, it just didn't seem like that big of a deal - I'd probably just continue not to use them.

So... 500 gems and countless armordillos later, no matripony. Ohohoho, but lest I forget, over the course of this entire 'event,' I did breed five magmacores. You know, apparently a 'super rare,' much like the matripony is. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Not only that, but I received only 1 bomb from armordillos at least two more times (I have screenshots - and no, my bombs were not full up) and I swear to god one of the armordillos turned into a rampage when I placed it on the nest (maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I would have noticed a 13h since that would've been a break from the 12h monotony. I don't know. Oh well.)

Well, who's surprised by these results? I'm not.

I do wish that our resident speed breeders would make it clear how many gems they used to speed breed an animal. It's all nice and fun to see screenshots of the egg or the baby or whatever, but I think a dose of reality for other people to see how many gems it can take would benefit this community more than those screenshots.

Doompicnic
03-01-15, 11:29 AM
I am going to guess it will stop being available after the goal expires. If you want to speed breed or whatever, I'd do it today rather than waiting.

Thanks. I will do that.

tygerlynx
03-01-15, 12:19 PM
So frustrated and ready to quit this game. I've been breeding love dove and smitten kitten ONLY since I got both of them finally (after trying non-stop for those two) on the 21st. I've had nothing but armodillos and 1 rampage with bouts of speed breeding! It is driving me crazy and this game has become more of a stressor than something fun to do. Since the goal ends in 13 hour I tried speed breeding for the last time and just spent 250 gems on JUST AMORDILLOS. This is ridiculous. I never even got a magmacore let alone be able to try for any other limited animals out in February.

Edit: So weird that the next breeding I tried is a 10 hour timer... Feels like TL only lets you get want you want when you say you're about to quit!

sweetypies97
03-01-15, 12:38 PM
One last try for me ended with another 8 hour timer.

zenobia42
03-01-15, 12:55 PM
This is so depressing. Of course, since it's all about Valentine's Day, based on my life history, I should have expected nothing but depression, and getting nothing.

I may try another couple speed breeds tonight. If I don't get the pony I'm selling of the stupid heart habitat that only serves to remind me of FAILURE, and putting my poniless kitten and dove in other habitats.

This is NOT FUN. This may be the final straw for me and this stupid game. If I fail to get the pony I may very well quit. Spending time and money to get only disappointment is NOT my idea of a good time.

Vodelle
03-01-15, 01:10 PM
Edit: So weird that the next breeding I tried is a 10 hour timer... Feels like TL only lets you get want you want when you say you're about to quit!

Congrats! My last breeding was another armordillo, and I spent 800g total on my attempt to get a Matripony. Oh well. Not surprised, but not exactly happy either. I am definitely not buying anything else (the last time I spent on this game was back when I joined in November) because it's definitely a waste of money. 64 non-valentines breeds and 3 smitten kittens later... haha, yeah, no, TL, your stupid business practices have done nothing to prove to me that I should spend on your game.

I kind of hope that people take a look at my attempts and stay away from buying, as well. Because you most likely will end up being disappointed.

KatiesIslands
03-01-15, 02:14 PM
I got kitten in 3 tries. Since then I have been trying non-stop for the dove. I have bred 6 Magmacore. Herds of armordillo and collections of other miscellaneous fails. No dove.

I refuse to spend coin on it. It is too ridiculous to not be able to breed that silly thing.

Bah.

No pony for me. No dove either. Bah humbug.

sweetcupcake555555
03-01-15, 02:23 PM
I got kitten in 3 tries. Since then I have been trying non-stop for the dove. I have bred 6 Magmacore. Herds of armordillo and collections of other miscellaneous fails. No dove.

I refuse to spend coin on it. It is too ridiculous to not be able to breed that silly thing

Bah.

No pony for me. No dove either. Bah humbug.

My story is the exact same as you. A kazillion armadillo. And just got my 6th magmacore on my final try for a dove. This was using 2 accounts too. Ridiculous to get so many super rares and cannot get one rare dove in 30 days. I'm annoyed I never got one single chance to go for the pony. I refuse to spend money on this game that is so unbalanced.

FigmentValley
03-01-15, 02:46 PM
So, now that the goal is gone, I am assuming the only way to get these valentines animals is to purchase them, for a limited time, yet. Correct?

Time to move on.

tvangstanke
03-01-15, 02:57 PM
My Adventures in NOT Getting a Matripony

Hello all, settle down for a tale of over 800 gems wasted in trying to get a Matripony!

Well, who's surprised by these results? I'm not.

I do wish that our resident speed breeders would make it clear how many gems they used to speed breed an animal. It's all nice and fun to see screenshots of the egg or the baby or whatever, but I think a dose of reality for other people to see how many gems it can take would benefit this community more than those screenshots.

Hahaha! Thank you for this, Vodelle - it sounds only too familiar.
I too had to buy the Dove to finally have a shot a the Super Rare (which is the only one you will have any use of in future tournaments etc). I've been breeding non-stop and speeding occasionally. Used between 450-500 gems. Also receiving only one bomb per Armordillo.

It is a strange emptiness after weeks of breeding by the alarm clock and using up my entire gem stash, that I still have nothing to show for. Seems like effort and gems lose to randomness in these breeding quests.

PernReloaded
03-01-15, 02:58 PM
So, now that the goal is gone, I am assuming the only way to get these valentines animals is to purchase them, for a limited time, yet. Correct?

Time to move on.

No, they can still be bred even if the goal is gone, the goal is just extra stuff (gems or coins) if you manage it. But you could still potentially breed these animals.

kooky panda
03-01-15, 03:09 PM

Time to move on.
As long as the animal is showing in the market, you can still obtain it from breeding.

zenobia42
03-01-15, 04:17 PM
a few more speed breeds and still nothing. I got ALL excited a few minutes ago when I suddenly got a timer that was NOT 11:59:59. But it was 7:59:59. Probably a fifth stupid kitten.

This is SO disheartening. I'm off to play something that does NOT lead to constant disappointment for a few hours. Then 1 last try for the pony.

matiasabad94
03-01-15, 04:34 PM
I've been so so lucky breeding these limited animals. I kinda suffered for the kitten, but after a few tries (no more than 10) I managed to get it. Dove came first try with Kitten + Cherub Cub. Then, after about 5-10 more breeds, I got the Matripony. No speed breeding at all.

I proceeded to breed the Mardi Claws and, after 3 Koala Kadabras, boom, I had it in my nest.

I have now a lot of free time, which I have used to FINALLY hatch my world event animals, my Lunar Goat, my Puffalo and my recently purchased Pygmy Giraffe.

xxxe
03-01-15, 06:02 PM
I won't be getting the Puffalo because I barely tried from being so upset over not getting this Pony. So many fails! At least in DS I manage to get what I'm trying for in less than a week. Even the Diamond dragon was easier to get than this Pony. I might just play to do tournaments which I like but I'm probably done for awhe with everything else. 30+ fails is just insane.

AuntyRose32
03-01-15, 06:24 PM
Well seven hours to go and no Matripony. I will try one more speed breed in a little bit and then that's it for me. I've never done much speed breeding until this. So disheartening. I would never normally make such a request but I really feel that so many people have been spending so much real money on this set of animals with no results that TL should extend the time on these animals so we can keep trying for a little longer. I'm pretty sure this won't happen but I felt the need to mention it none the less.

s_lynne
03-01-15, 07:56 PM
I ended up buying Love Dove just so I can attempt at Matripony but with loads of 12 and 14 hour breeding times, I think it's time to say "I'm Done!" There is no way I'm gonna be able to get Matripony in 6 hours unless I spend more money, and that's something I'm not gonna do. I've already spent a decent amout of money and nothing to show for it. Never Again!!!! TL just lost a paying customer!!!

idrispad
03-01-15, 09:07 PM
Is it just the goal that expires rather than the animal itself?

Buttercup0001
03-01-15, 09:09 PM
Well no Matripony for me...ill still try though its a fruitless exercise. Ive been reading this post and I just dont know why after continual efforts in breeding this obviously exclusive and elusive Matripony that the odds on getting it would increase, but thats not it. I feel for all those players that had huge amounts of gems just dwindle away with nothing to show for it. Now I dont know really much on RNG but it seems to me that maybe for some players they were absolutely NOT getting the Matripony regardless of how many times they tried. My experience after non stop attempts since the release of the smitten kitten which was back at the beginning of February that long term players like myself had a hard time in breeding them. My experience well it was day 12 since the release that i got the kitten, then 7 days for the dove and from there started for the matripony. All this breeding only to get, like the rest of us, a zillion armodillos, rampages, vocamels and the super rare magmacore. I also got my 2nd kitten and dove. Now if we could breed a super rare like the magmacore then we should have been able to breed the Super rare matripony. And why is it that some ppl could breed up to 3 Matriponies whilst other got zilch. Thats not fair. Seems like if u r a long term player u r disadvantage. You would think that TL would reward long term players and especially the paying players but no all its doing is favouring new players to get them into the game yet long term players are forgotten about and are leaving in droves because of the frustrations and its those long term players that give us all the most valuable information whether its about breeding, battling or anything else that many new players dont know about. Sorry if this is a bit of a jumbled rant and maybe not making much sense but im soooo peeved that so many players got dubbed out of their gems ( i sped breed as well, not as much as some though) and that we have wasted a good month on breeding. I really hope that we do get the Matripony for all our troubles.

xxxe
03-01-15, 09:49 PM
Well no Matripony for me...ill still try though its a fruitless exercise. Ive been reading this post and I just dont know why after continual efforts in breeding this obviously exclusive and elusive Matripony that the odds on getting it would increase, but thats not it. I feel for all those players that had huge amounts of gems just dwindle away with nothing to show for it. Now I dont know really much on RNG but it seems to me that maybe for some players they were absolutely NOT getting the Matripony regardless of how many times they tried. My experience after non stop attempts since the release of the smitten kitten which was back at the beginning of February that long term players like myself had a hard time in breeding them. My experience well it was day 12 since the release that i got the kitten, then 7 days for the dove and from there started for the matripony. All this breeding only to get, like the rest of us, a zillion armodillos, rampages, vocamels and the super rare magmacore. I also got my 2nd kitten and dove. Now if we could breed a super rare like the magmacore then we should have been able to breed the Super rare matripony. And why is it that some ppl could breed up to 3 Matriponies whilst other got zilch. Thats not fair. Seems like if u r a long term player u r disadvantage. You would think that TL would reward long term players and especially the paying players but no all its doing is favouring new players to get them into the game yet long term players are forgotten about and are leaving in droves because of the frustrations and its those long term players that give us all the most valuable information whether its about breeding, battling or anything else that many new players dont know about. Sorry if this is a bit of a jumbled rant and maybe not making much sense but im soooo peeved that so many players got dubbed out of their gems ( i sped breed as well, not as much as some though) and that we have wasted a good month on breeding. I really hope that we do get the Matripony for all our troubles.

I 1000% agree with you. I really think some players, no matter how many times you breed for something, just can't get certain animals.

igottapi4
03-02-15, 01:28 AM
Honestly Im done with this game. Im a kind of new player and when I saw the valentine animals I was in love, I love pink, after trying and getting the dove I again tried for the other one. I even saved the money for the love habitat, being low level made that hard but I did it. At the end with five days left and lots of gem spend on speed breeding I bought $20 on gems and bought the smitten kitten and five days later still nothing with some more speed breeding.

A few hours ago I was ready to give in and spend more money to get the matripony but I just took a moment to think about the fact that we have these 3 LE animals, then the claw one I cant breed cause Im not high level enough, the puff one I also cant get cause I dont have enough time or money for all those planted things and another one going away in a few hours...

I was just done. I have zero problem sending money on games. I spent over $1000 on farmville back when I used to play it and right now I've spent around $100 in Farm Story 2, again no problem with spending, BUT if there is something I hate is when it feels like Im being ripped off and this game just made me feel like that. After hearing stories about the Christmas breeding and how hard it was I just realized it will be like this always, so I just deleted the app and said goodbye.

Its sad cause I really liked it but I play games for joy, if Im pending more time feeling frustrated or mad at the game then I just need to walk away.

Foxy_Kit
03-02-15, 04:50 AM
No Matripony for me.

I sped a couple of hours here and there, but didn't speed. The creature is really pretty and I'd love to have it, but if it doesn't want to visit then I cannot do anything about it :)

keller63
03-02-15, 05:01 AM
Well little update, the quest is gone but pony still shows in store. So we can still have a few more goes at it, and the worst part is, a gem sale just came up...... Ofc it did, now I'm torn as to whether I want to buy some or not to try for this pony. The very last thing I want to do is say, buy 250 gems and use them all up on the pony only to not get it....

What to do :(

chippychan
03-02-15, 05:07 AM
Well, it looks like they're still breedable since they are still in the market which is at least something for those who missed out. It will probably become limited soon though.

Non-stop breeding on my main account yielded 3 kittens only. I will cycle through tries for mardi claw/snow possum/valentine animals and just see what happens.

Something I find odd though; my 1st account cannot seem to get anything other then a kitten & was provided with a gem sale. My 2nd account got all 3 valentine animals pretty easy & did NOT get a gem sale. I know it's paranoid of me, but its almost like my 1st account will never be 'allowed' to breed these animals so TL is like "here, buy some gems so you can get them because you'll never get them otherwise", lol.

tvangstanke
03-02-15, 06:25 AM
Well little update, the quest is gone but pony still shows in store. So we can still have a few more goes at it, and the worst part is, a gem sale just came up...... Ofc it did, now I'm torn as to whether I want to buy some or not to try for this pony. The very last thing I want to do is say, buy 250 gems and use them all up on the pony only to not get it....

What to do :(

If you really want the Matricorn, I suggest you buy the creature. Experience from your fellow players suggests that using gems to speed up breeding will not get you any closer. That is unless algorithms for drop rate have changed now that the goal has expired. This is the hope I' clinging too as I will continue trying to breed the Matricorn as long as it is available.

Drachenia
03-02-15, 06:32 AM
Oh joy with accelerated breeding I have get a Matripony :D

readysetgo888
03-02-15, 06:47 AM
I just want to say, I'm so sorry for all of you that have been trying nonstop and didn't get the pony. It's disheartening to realize how bad the odds truly must have been on this animal. Talk about an awful business strategy. Instead of making it easier to get an animal when so many users desperately want it, they make it harder, just to make sure they can upset their paying customers. The smart thing would've been for them to adjust the odds at the end and allow it to be easier for players to get it in their last few attempts. That way, this experience wouldn't leave everyone with such a sour taste in their mouth - and players would've been more likely to buy gems during the sale they are having now. After spending so many gems and not getting the pony, I'm willing to bet even less people will be willing to spend money on this game, not more. Upsetting customers just to try to bilk a few bucks out of desperate people is a terrible strategy and one that does not work long-term. I am concerned for the future of this game.

Just so that everyone knows, just because the goal to breed an animal expires, doesn't mean animal is now unavailable to breed. You can still breed it, you just won't get the reward for it. I was under the impression that they were removing the Valentines animals on March 3. Unless I am mistaken, the only time they remove animals is with their regular Tuesday and Friday updates. However the goals can expire at any time. In fact, it seems to me that the goal always expires before the animal actually becomes limited and unavailable. I would just be aware of that as you consider your strategy for breeding limited animals. you have a little more time than the goals make it look like you have.

tvangstanke
03-02-15, 06:47 AM
Well, it looks like they're still breedable since they are still in the market which is at least something for those who missed out. It will probably become limited soon though.

Non-stop breeding on my main account yielded 3 kittens only. I will cycle through tries for mardi claw/snow possum/valentine animals and just see what happens.

Something I find odd though; my 1st account cannot seem to get anything other then a kitten & was provided with a gem sale. My 2nd account got all 3 valentine animals pretty easy & did NOT get a gem sale. I know it's paranoid of me, but its almost like my 1st account will never be 'allowed' to breed these animals so TL is like "here, buy some gems so you can get them because you'll never get them otherwise", lol.

Wow! I too only got the Kitten, and was offered a gem sale midways! :eek:
And similar to your 2nd account I got all three animals during the holiday season, hardly putting in an effort.
I was not smitten with the poodle reindeer design, so I was like "meh whatever", breeding when I could be bothered. But the super rare Santa Claws turned out to be really amazing, so shame on me for judging by the look of the rares.

I guess there is some kind of justice in getting some creatures and not other. But I've never been fond of dice throwing, and for me succeeding in games should be about effort, cleverness and endurance. Still, dice throwing remains a popular sport, so it might just be I'm not the type of customer this game was designed for.

readysetgo888
03-02-15, 07:17 AM

I also wanted to respond to this...
When I first joined the forum, I was quite confused by our resident speeders, because in every new animal thread, they made it appear as though they got the animal on their first try. After seeing that a few times, I realized it couldn't possibly be true that the same people got the animal first just through luck, and I asked about it... and I realized that they were speeders - and that likely, there was quite a bit of money going into each new animal.

I know this now, and I know who most of our speeders are, but newer posters do not, and I can only imagine it is quite confusing/discouraging for them when it looks like so many users are getting these animals right away when they are not.

So, I thoroughly agree... stories and photos of breeding success through speeding aren't really helpful, however, telling us exactly how many attempts it took WOULD be. I know there are a few speeders who already do tell us how many tries it took them.... but posting a photo and making it sound like you got the animal right away (or downplaying the large amount of money that you spent) gives a false impression to everyone else that doesn't spend $100s on the game. There are times when it comes off a little like rubbing it in our faces. And for sure, it doesn't help the community and misrepresents the game to new players.

What WOULD help is if speeders were ok with being honest about the number of tries and/or number of gems they spent on each animal. If every speeder did this, we'd even have a better idea of what the odds were on a particular animal. This would be fantastic!

Vodelle
03-02-15, 08:01 AM
What WOULD help is if speeders were ok with being honest about the number of tries and/or number of gems they spent on each animal. If every speeder did this, we'd even have a better idea of what the odds were on a particular animal. This would be fantastic!
Yeah, basically all this. I personally have no issue with spenders - I am a huge one myself, in a different game. (Sadly, TL is so greedy and treats customers like they're stupid, so I've simply refused to spend on FFS. Joke's on them - I've easily spent over a grand on another app I'm playing.) If people want to drop 1000 gems on speed breeding something, godspeed to them - I'd just love to know that that's how many it took.

I just wish more speed breeders would give us an estimate. "I spent 500g on this one," or "it took me about 20 fails to get this animal." Obviously there is going to be huge variation anyway - someone might get lucky and speed breed something in two tries, or very few gems. I just wish here was more info available, though. Did speed breeders get the matripony within those 500 gems I spent? Or did it take them more? If I had more concrete numbers, it could have helped me make an informed decision on whether to speed breed or not.

(In some cases, it may also make people more aware of how much they're personally spending. Kind of like counting calories, it may surprise some people!)

------

Anyway, my matripony saga actually did not end last afternoon. Late last night, I still hadn't fallen asleep, so I opened up FFS and saw I had like 30m on the armordillo egg/nest I had going. I spent 2g to speed them up, checked that the valentines animals were still in the store (and thus breedable), and put in love dove & smitten kitten again. 10 hours. Holy ****! I swear I took like 5 screenshots of that nest just in case it bugged out and gave me an armordillo after or something. And then I noticed the quest was still on for about two more hours, so I sped-bred the pony out to complete the quest and came out about 30 gems on top. (on top of the 800 gems I lost previously. lol)

My heart goes out to anyone who hasn't managed to breed it, though. I had basically made my peace with it and then this happened. (And ironically I have another sale today. Um, thanks, FFS, I guess.)

MelodicStars
03-02-15, 08:21 AM
But the matripony is still in the store.. Does that mean we can still breed it even though the timer for the quest ran out?

flowless
03-02-15, 08:23 AM
Speeders sometime do tell how many time the tried
Remmeber in gem animal aomesaid it cost them more than the price in the market

I only want to know just to compare who the odds are lower

But joke on TL really
Cuz they are losing some of them

And i used spend embarssing amount before
In this account and a different one on TL game

And even though i can easily spend more
I wont ever do that here
Cuz its furtrating how they treat coustmers
I rather buy another Lv bag

chippychan
03-02-15, 08:23 AM
(In some cases, it may also make people more aware of how much they're personally spending. Kind of like counting calories, it may surprise some people!)

I agree, I think some people may end up spending more gems then if they just bought it outright. Some people just like to gamble though.

This is what I spent on my accounts for this event:

Account #1: a couple gems here and there to speed a 15 hour egg so I could put a 12 hour in the nest. I estimate between 10-15 gems total
Result: 3 kittens (no dove or pony)

Account #2: I can't recall 100% but I'm pretty sure I spent nothing. If I did it would have only been a couple gems to finish an incubation. (It's hard to remember accurately when switching between 2 accounts & not taking notes)
Result: 3 kittens, 1 dove, 1 pony (all pretty quickly too)

tvangstanke
03-02-15, 08:24 AM
Anyway, my matripony saga actually did not end last afternoon. Late last night, I still hadn't fallen asleep, so I opened up FFS and saw I had like 30m on the armordillo egg/nest I had going. I spent 2g to speed them up, checked that the valentines animals were still in the store (and thus breedable), and put in love dove & smitten kitten again. 10 hours. Holy ****! I swear I took like 5 screenshots of that nest just in case it bugged out and gave me an armordillo after or something. And then I noticed the quest was still on for about two more hours, so I sped-bred the pony out to complete the quest and came out about 30 gems on top. (on top of the 800 gems I lost previously. lol)

My heart goes out to anyone who hasn't managed to breed it, though. I had basically made my peace with it and then this happened. (And ironically I have another sale today. Um, thanks, FFS, I guess.)

Congrats - I am happy for you!

I did the exact same thing and was rewarded with yet another dillo.
I'm probably having a harder time making my peace with the last months effort vs results than you so gracefully did.

I really feel like it's not me playing the game but the game playing me.

Still think the artwork of this game is 'out of this world beautiful', and truly revolutionising aesthetic-wise.

PernReloaded
03-02-15, 09:44 AM
But the matripony is still in the store.. Does that mean we can still breed it even though the timer for the quest ran out?

Yes. Even if the timer runs out, if the animal is still in the store it can be bred.

zenobia42
03-02-15, 10:43 AM
omg - I just got it! a 10-hour timer! I can't believe my eyes! I was SO sure that I wouldn't get it.

Best of luck to everyone else still trying. If someone with MY luck can finally get it, others can too!!!!!

rjazz
03-02-15, 11:03 AM
Way to go Zen!

dragonloona
03-02-15, 11:04 AM
omg - I just got it! a 10-hour timer! I can't believe my eyes! I was SO sure that I wouldn't get it.

Best of luck to everyone else still trying. If someone with MY luck can finally get it, others can too!!!!!

Congrats Zen, I knew you would get one soon!!!!

tvangstanke
03-02-15, 11:29 AM
You SO deserved that :D

matiasabad94
03-02-15, 12:09 PM

Congrats!

ninasidstorm8
03-02-15, 12:18 PM

Congrats.

sweethutch
03-02-15, 12:50 PM
OMG!!! I hate to admit this but I'm seriously crushed!!!! I have been breeding my dove and kitten non stop for weeks without getting the Matripony. When I finally got the gem sale 2 days ago, I bought enough gems so that if I didn't breed the pony, I could buy it for 1000 gems. I checked last night after the quest ended and the Valentine animals were still in the store. So I figured they would all still be available until they showed up "limited." I put my dove and kitten in the den (another 12 h timer) and went to bed, figuring I would pick up breeding for it today.
I just went into the store to finally just buy the pony and they are GONE!!!!!! All the Valentine animals are gone!!!! No warning, no limited timer, no nothing! Just GONE! I wanted that pony sooooo bad, worse then any other animal, and now it's just gone! Here I sit with over a 1000 gems that I intended to spend on the pony and no way to buy it now!
TL, why were these animals yanked from the store with no warning?!?!? Or was there a limited warning and I just missed it???? Did anyone else know these animals would be gone today????
This debacle pretty much seals the deal for me! I'm done feeding money into a company that obviously doesn't care about their customers!!!! Would it have been too much to ask for a "limited" timer before removing these animals? Especially since MANY of your paying customers have wasted the last month breeding non stop for this pony, resulting in missing out on the chance to breed for the Mardi Claw and any other animals!
Wow! What a dissappointment! That's a month of my life I'll never get back, along with the stress of praying and hoping for a 10 hour timer, the money spent on gems, finally succumbing to accept that I will just have to buy it, then finding it GONE from the store! I'm completely disgusted with this game right now!

chippychan
03-02-15, 12:59 PM
Wow, yep, gone for me too. They were there earlier today but have since vanished.
I kind of figured they'd be gone after the quest timer expired but when I saw them afterward I assumed they'd stick around until an actual 'limited' timer expired. But it doesn't look to be the case.

AuntyRose32
03-02-15, 01:02 PM
We'll done Vodelle and Zenobia42, your luck changed just in time. I'm so glad you finally got it.

Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. These animals have been removed from the store so any chances I may have had left have just been squashed. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for FFS.

Sorry you missed the chance to buy this sweethutch, that really sucks.

sweethutch
03-02-15, 01:50 PM
We'll done Vodelle and Zenobia42, your luck changed just in time. I'm so glad you finally got it.

Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. These animals have been removed from the store so any chances I may have had left have just been squashed. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for FFS.
Sorry you missed the chance to buy this sweethutch, that really sucks.

Thanks auntyRose, for your empathy! This sucks so bad. The turn of events since Christmas in this game have really left a bad taste in a lot of players mouths!

Buttercup0001
03-02-15, 01:51 PM
Gone here as well....and i was going to give it one last shot in an hour once my zillionth armodillo hatch....and not even a limited time on it or a pop up....thanks for a month of failed breeding TL....thanks for making this game so frustrating hard to breed the matripony.....actually thanks for the odds being against us especially for a rare...TL thanks for nothing....this has been aload of BS

Lipand5kids
03-02-15, 02:03 PM
Thanks auntyRose, for your empathy! This sucks so bad. The turn of events since Christmas in this game have really left a bad taste in a lot of players mouths!

I so am upset as well! I never got the chance at all with the Christmas animals. Then I finaly get the kitten and the dove and breed for weeks and never did I get the pony my last shot was another freaking armadillo!?!? I'm so sorry for those that kept trying and no luck at all. I too really wanted that pony but with my luck, nope. :(

readysetgo888
03-02-15, 02:16 PM
OMG!!! I hate to admit this but I'm seriously crushed!!!! I have been breeding my dove and kitten non stop for weeks without getting the Matripony. When I finally got the gem sale 2 days ago, I bought enough gems so that if I didn't breed the pony, I could buy it for 1000 gems. I checked last night after the quest ended and the Valentine animals were still in the store. So I figured they would all still be available until they showed up "limited." I put my dove and kitten in the den (another 12 h timer) and went to bed, figuring I would pick up breeding for it today.
I just went into the store to finally just buy the pony and they are GONE!!!!!! All the Valentine animals are gone!!!! No warning, no limited timer, no nothing! Just GONE! I wanted that pony sooooo bad, worse then any other animal, and now it's just gone! Here I sit with over a 1000 gems that I intended to spend on the pony and no way to buy it now!
TL, why were these animals yanked from the store with no warning?!?!? Or was there a limited warning and I just missed it???? Did anyone else know these animals would be gone today????
This debacle pretty much seals the deal for me! I'm done feeding money into a company that obviously doesn't care about their customers!!!! Would it have been too much to ask for a "limited" timer before removing these animals? Especially since MANY of your paying customers have wasted the last month breeding non stop for this pony, resulting in missing out on the chance to breed for the Mardi Claw and any other animals!
Wow! What a dissappointment! That's a month of my life I'll never get back, along with the stress of praying and hoping for a 10 hour timer, the money spent on gems, finally succumbing to accept that I will just have to buy it, then finding it GONE from the store! I'm completely disgusted with this game right now!

The Matripony is almost certainly going to appear in a value pack - if it does, it will be for way less than the cost of 1000 gems. It might take a few weeks, but I can't imagine that they won't sell it this way, seeing how popular it was. Probably for $15 or $20. While outrageous, still less than buying it outright, and most likely less than it would cost to speed to get it, too. To some extent, we laugh at the cost of the "value" packs, but really, they are a better option if you are planning to spend a lot of money to get a particular animal.

That being said, I'm shocked that the Valentine's animals were removed a day before the regular update. I could have sworn that they were supposed to go on the 3rd. I'm super, super glad that I bred my guaranteed second kitten that I wanted this morning.

Buttercup0001
03-02-15, 02:27 PM
The Matripony is almost certainly going to appear in a value pack - if it does, it will be for way less than the cost of 1000 gems. It might take a few weeks, but I can't imagine that they won't sell it this way, seeing how popular it was. Probably for $15 or $20. While outrageous, still less than buying it outright, and most likely less than it would cost to speed to get it, too. To some extent, we laugh at the cost of the "value" packs, but really, they are a better option if you are planning to spend a lot of money to get a particular animal.

That being said, I'm shocked that the Valentine's animals were removed a day before the regular update. I could have sworn that they were supposed to go on the 3rd. I'm super, super glad that I bred my guaranteed second kitten that I wanted this morning.

I agree. In a few weeks we'll see a value pack for the Matripony. Tbh there is no way I will reward TL with buying it. Over a month of failed breeding with the odds stacks against us. And yes they were supposed to go to the 3rd. Here in Australia its the 3rd but not in the US. Are they now going with Australian time..I dont think so....what a complete joke this turn out to be

Vodelle
03-02-15, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I am very surprised that the animals were just randomly yanked today. Why not have taken them away with the end of the quest (which would have made sense), or tomorrow during the update (which would also have made sense)?

There will definitely be a matripony value pack, I am betting. I'm sorry to everyone who didn't get one (since it seems zen and I bred one last minute on some stroke of pure luck) but this experience has definitely shown me to never hope/want a particular animal through breeding ever again. Nor to spend much money/time on it.

BunnieMix
03-02-15, 03:14 PM
Well, I missed this one too. I tried exclusively for it and all I got were Armordillos. I didn't realise the pony would just be gone from the market today when the timer for the achievement was gone. I am really disappointed, I really wanted this one.

AuntyRose32
03-02-15, 03:35 PM
Yep I'm sure it will pop up in a 'value pack' in a few weeks but uness that 'value pack' is $4.99 I won't be buying it. The $14.99 is just too much, especially after the month long of ridiculous breeding we've just been through. I really need to consider spending money on this particular game ever again actually, it's kind of pointless as it doesn't bring much happiness anymore.

bubz94
03-02-15, 04:13 PM
It will be back next year for valentines again ���� a year to wait to try again.

Drachenia
03-02-15, 04:45 PM
Hello from the pop up for Valentine animals to breed stood up to March 2, after many complaints because they have the pop up stopped and now you complain because there was no pop up it give has. I understand the anger of those who could not breeding it Matripony, but please remember there are people who think also develop the pop up that all costs money and time that pop up is helpful yes, but everyday is annoying and my suggestion pop up to send every 3 days. :D

kittykatluv11
03-02-15, 05:16 PM
Wow I got Matripony all ready in the nest to hatch and I just realized that I need 500,000 coins to buy the habitat. Duh! I should have known from playing DS. Gonna take about 2 weeks for me to save those coins cause I'm only on level 13. It's tying up the works till then.

sweetypies97
03-02-15, 05:17 PM
Well there won't ever be a matrimony in my forest. Sad but totally expected. As someone else posted not too long ago, it seems more and more likely that the odds are NOT the same for all players.

forestwald
03-02-15, 05:32 PM
I am in the the same boat. I was not able to get the pony even though I tried the whole time. Did get TONS of Armadillos... I am bummed since I really wanted the pony. :(.

keller63
03-02-15, 05:55 PM
It's funny really... I wasn't fussed about the Xmas animals and yet I got them all, wasn't fussed in kitten or dove and got those, was quite liking the pony and wanted it but nope, loot fairy didn't love me... Got 1.5 hours left on my timers and I would have tried again. I suppose now I can finally put in 1or2 tries in for the mardi claw now(assuming its removed when timer is) but it might still be around after.

Soo getting fed up with the game quickly, starting to wish I didn't invest money in this company, but alas it's too late but the creatures have fared me well in tournaments etc

Crr008
03-02-15, 06:41 PM
My child finally got the matripony. First time breeding for it after getting a second dove!

Crr008
03-02-15, 06:45 PM
Congrats on the pony, Zen.

zenobia42
03-02-15, 07:03 PM
omg I assumed it would be available until tomorrow at update time. I'm so sorry to those who thought they could still have another few hours to try (or to buy) and were denied.

Vodelle, I must have missed the page where you posted you finally got yours after spending so many gems - congrats! I'm so happy for you. And thanks to everyone. :)

Regarding the "too many pop-up vs. not enough pop-ups" discussion, it seems to me that there should ALWAYS be pop-ups when there are only 3 or fewer days left on a timer, WITH a timer. But if it's something available for either a long time or forever (like the Treent), I really wish the pop-ups would stop after the first 3 days. If it's not urgent, we get it already. If it's something that is limited but a long period of time, once a week remind us, then the 3-day timer.

When you have to close five pop-ups every morning, it gets so annoying that you close them all without looking at them. The boy who cried wolf syndrome. If pop-ups were not EVERY day on these things, we'd actually be interested to look at them, and then not miss when they were ending. And again, the TIMER the final half-week is SO helpful.

sweethutch
03-02-15, 07:18 PM
First of all, I agree that the pony will probably show up in a value pack. However that does me no good since I already used my iTunes gift card to buy GEMS to BUY the pony! I REFUSE to spend anymore of my hard earned money on this God forsaking game, and I'm surely not going to turn around and spend another $15 after I already spent $25 to buy gems to buy the pony!
There was no rhyme or reason behind when TL pulled these animals. It didn't coinside with the end of the quest or the usual time for the Tuesday update! It was just blatantly RUDE timing with no warning! Even the snow possum has a friggin timer, for crying out loud!
Lastly, I NEVER saw a pop up warning with a date of when the Valentine animals would be pulled. Zenobia, you hit the nail on the head! I've seen pop ups EVERY SINGLE DAY for Treent and the Heron or whatever it's called, but none for the V-day animals. A 3 day timer would not have ****ed TL!!!! How about this, TL!? Let's try being consistent for a change?!?!?!
Then maybe your consumers would know what to expect and what time frames to count on!!!!
What a waste of time this last month has been! I can't even begin to count the Army of Armodillos I bred, along with many others. Ridiculous!!!!

xxxe
03-02-15, 09:35 PM
Well after 33 failed attempts I guess my dreams of having my pink pony are gone. Lol I'm seriously sad though. This and the Confetti Yetti were two animals I tried so hard for and never got. Next time an animal I really like comes around im going to post how ugly it is and say I hope I don't get it! Then I probably will. I haven't had a super rare in 25 attempts. My odds are way off lately.

xxxe
03-02-15, 09:38 PM
Oh and what the heck was up with just taking the valentines animals away? I went to breed for the Pony again and poof no valentines animals were available to breed with. They were there this morning. Does anybody know what time they took them away? I can see why people are getting so annoyed with this game. I havent been taking it as seriously lately.

idrispad
03-03-15, 04:05 AM
It will be back next year for valentines again ���� a year to wait to try again.

But will the players be back...?

bubz94
03-03-15, 05:15 AM
But will the players be back...?

That's very true. I'm Lvl 40 and only got two habitats of kittens. Such a disappointment. After 2 weeks of non stop armadillos to then just getting kittens, was just ridiculous! much prefer DS (dragon story) to this one. Especially after not getting Matripony. ��

cocauina
03-03-15, 07:46 AM
Oh and what the heck was up with just taking the valentines animals away? I went to breed for the Pony again and poof no valentines animals were available to breed with. They were there this morning. Does anybody know what time they took them away? I can see why people are getting so annoyed with this game. I havent been taking it as seriously lately.

The pop up said the animals would expired on 2nd of March, it's not a update day, but it was saying in the pop up..

chibi531
03-03-15, 09:31 AM
This whole matripony breeding thing was a frustrating disappointing failure.

I regret wasting gems on speeding up breeding. Three weeks and I bred two kittens and bought the dove. That's it.

Really reminds me that using gems on anything besides buying animals is a complete and utter in this game.

Vodelle
03-03-15, 09:32 AM
The pop up said the animals would expired on 2nd of March, it's not a update day, but it was saying in the pop up..

I can't be the only one who either never got this pop up or just flat out didn't see it? I had no idea that the animals would be taken away yesterday - the only thing I had to go on was the quest ending. (So I assumed it would either be when the quest ended, or at the next update.)

keller63
03-03-15, 10:03 AM

will they though? or will they just create a new event with new creatures because you can do many more designs. im not sure people would be happy for same monsters year in year out, but if they missed any they may like that chance again. i know i wasnt around for halloween, and missed a couple of thanksgiving ones etc. guess we will just have to wait and see in october if they bring around the same creatures

yeshayahu
03-03-15, 10:22 AM
Hi can anyone tell me why I do not have Love Dove in my Breeding Gardens Menu? This has never happened to me in the all the years I played Dragon Story. I cannot breed my Love Dove/Smitten Kitten to get Matripony because Love Dove is missing from my Menu. I have Love Dove and she is evolved. I have Smitten Kitten and that is evolved. Smitten Kitten is in my Breeding Menu but not Love Dove.

cocauina
03-03-15, 10:25 AM
I can't be the only one who either never got this pop up or just flat out didn't see it? I had no idea that the animals would be taken away yesterday - the only thing I had to go on was the quest ending. (So I assumed it would either be when the quest ended, or at the next update.)

I saw the pop up, and I had a screenshot, but I don't know where it is, I know the animals would expired yesterday, because I had to warn a friend of mine that the valentine animals would expire in 1hr (yesterday).

cocauina
03-03-15, 10:35 AM
Hi can anyone tell me why I do not have Love Dove in my Breeding Gardens Menu? This has never happened to me in the all the years I played Dragon Story. I cannot breed my Love Dove/Smitten Kitten to get Matripony because Love Dove is missing from my Menu. I have Love Dove and she is evolved. I have Smitten Kitten and that is evolved. Smitten Kitten is in my Breeding Menu but not Love Dove.

The Valentine animals were removed from the game, Matripony, Love Dove and Smkitten Kitten are no longer available in the game.

kooky panda
03-03-15, 11:27 AM
TL released a push notification on Friday that they would be expiring yesterday.

These animals can also no longer be parents or results from breeding.

If you did not restart your game or device for few days, you may of missed the notification.

chill0907
03-03-15, 03:41 PM
I didn't get a notification and I'm pretty sure I restarted my device ...done with this game

chill0907
03-03-15, 03:44 PM
Sorry for my choice of words but I'm upset. Everyone kept saying as long as the Valentine animals are still in the shop then you can still get the pony...then they disappeared.

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 03:53 PM
I did see the pop up (it's been a while since I noticed it though, drowning in the sea of other pop ups as it was). I remembered that there was a date on it, and I thought it was March 3rd, especially as that would have made it an update day. TL didn't take these away with no warning.... although I DO wish that they would have handled the pop ups better. Seriously? The Treent and Hareon pop ups FOREVER, well after they were old news, and I feel like this pop up stopped before those and I honestly don't remember if it came back it not.

As far as push notifications, I wouldn't know, I won't allow them on any games. I'd have been annoyed if I DID get one lol.

The best thing for us to do in the future is take note of the date whenever we DO see it... and someone should put it in the title of the thread!

keller63
03-03-15, 04:45 PM
I didn't get a **** notification and I'm pretty sure I restarted my device ...done with this game

i do remember the notification that came up at the VERY start of the event when they were gradually releasing the animals saying it was around until a date(i dont remember the date they had) but considering the xmas events i just assumed they would disappear when the quest did because thats how it happened then

ninasidstorm8
03-03-15, 04:55 PM
i do remember the notification that came up at the VERY start of the event when they were gradually releasing the animals saying it was around until a date(i dont remember the date they had) but considering the xmas events i just assumed they would disappear when the quest did because thats how it happened then

Post #72 in this thread has a picture of the screen that announced the event.

sweethutch
03-03-15, 05:04 PM
TL released a push notification on Friday that they would be expiring yesterday.

If you did not restart your game or device for few days, you may of missed the notification.

Hi Kooky! First off thanks for all you do! Seriously though, a push notification!?!? That's all we got after a month long of miserable fails TL chose to grace us with a PUSH NOTIFICATION??? I NEVER saw it and I force close and refresh my device multiple times a day!
The fact of the matter is this: TL needs to develop a CONSISTANT method of operation. Period! If you're going to show us pop ups EVERY FRIGGIN DAY for weeks about Treent, Hearon and the snow possum being limited, you sure as "sugar" could of given us a timer or pop up about the V-day animals instead of a measly PUSH NOTIFICATION! So TL just randomly chose a date (apparently March 2nd), along with a random time, to remove these animals. GREAT customer service on their part! This clarification does NOT make me feel better. In fact, it just ticks me off even more, and I'm obviously not alone! Please, SOMEONE, anyone...pass this info on to someone that can actually do something about these kind of shenanigans. Kooky, PLEASE....can you help us out here? At least pass on the level of dissappointment to TL and request that they become more CONSISTANT and reliable with their notifications in the future??? Good grief!!!!

cocauina
03-03-15, 06:21 PM
Post #72 in this thread has a picture of the screen that announced the event.

Here's the post for everyone that want's to see.

Lol forgot to post this earlier in the day!!! Last day March 2!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0337_zps57f4d40d.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0337_zps57f4d40d.png.html)

luna2cute
03-03-15, 07:21 PM
I tried and tried and tried. Never got the pony. So sad. :(

dragonloona
03-03-15, 10:07 PM

Lol wow, I can't believe that the pop up wasn't showing up on last 3 days!!! Thanks for bringing up my post, sad that a lot of people didn't see the post, but should of brought it up from time to time. (My fault, sorry!) I do hope that TL will bring back the matripony as a value pack, and that it won't be no more than $10!!! I am sorry for all those who didn't get one and pray you all get better breeding odds in the future!!!! Congrats to all who did manage to breed one!!!

sweetypies97
03-03-15, 10:53 PM

Perhaps notifications can be made in the forums too, then.

sweetypies97
03-03-15, 10:53 PM
Wait, why has my forum skin changed? It is now blue rather than orange.

sweetypies97
03-03-15, 10:54 PM
Oh there are lots of differences. Tell me everyone else is seeing a different forum and it's not just me?!

rjazz
03-03-15, 11:10 PM
Oh there are lots of differences. Tell me everyone else is seeing a different forum and it's not just me?!

Yes me too, but I just got a new iPad tonight & everything looks a bit different. But the forum is changed.
L

sweetypies97
03-03-15, 11:35 PM
Thank goodness. I was thinking somebody must have changed my settings!

sweethutch
03-04-15, 01:24 AM

Thank you Cocauina for sharing this so those of us that didn't see it don't feel like we've gone completely bonkers. However the date that post #72 was shared in the forum was back on February 15th, thus proving mine (and many others point) that it would have been nice for TL to post a 3-6 day timer or even a pop up reminder as we neared the date of these animals leaving the forest for good!

Vodelle
03-04-15, 07:30 AM
Yeah - I totally forgot about that banner. I thought there must have been a new one during the last few days which I missed. Nope. It's not surprising I forgot about that one since they had stopped showing it for what must have been a couple weeks. (But guys guys did you hear about the hareon/treent! *facepalm*)

Push notifications are also iffy. People either have them off, or it's very easy to miss - say you're not looking down at your phone when you get it, and then later on you open the game w/o looking at your notifications - that clears your notifications and you could easily have never seen it. Oh well.

cocauina
03-04-15, 09:16 AM
Thank you Cocauina for sharing this so those of us that didn't see it don't feel like we've gone completely bonkers. However the date that post #72 was shared in the forum was back on February 15th, thus proving mine (and many others point) that it would have been nice for TL to post a 3-6 day timer or even a pop up reminder as we neared the date of these animals leaving the forest for good!

True, and I knew there was a pop up, but TL could had used the same pop up, during the last 4 days of the valentine creatures on the game.

I restart my games every day. Another thing, not restarting the device doesn't affect the pop up's, DS gives me all the pop up's, probably the valentines animal pop up it wasn't released for every player, I'm not the only one that didn't receive a pop up in the last days.

dragonloona
03-04-15, 09:45 AM
Is it just me or have all the screen shots everyone posted disappeared?? I even changed settings and I'm logged in as well!!

cocauina
03-04-15, 09:50 AM
Is it just me or have all the screen shots everyone posted disappeared?? I even changed settings and I'm logged in as well!!

Probably it's from you xD

Do you see the screenshots from post #1 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78540-Matripony-2-13-15&p=1054958&viewfull=1#post1054958) and #5 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78540-Matripony-2-13-15&p=1054977&viewfull=1#post1054977) (both have 2 screenshots) and from this (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78540-Matripony-2-13-15/page37&p=1067095#post1067095) post (1 screenshot)?

readysetgo888
03-04-15, 10:00 AM
So, yeah, how about this? When an animal has a specific expiration date, like the Valentine's animals did, can't we please put it in the title of the thread? Just putting it in post one or posting it randomly on page 23 of the thread isn't going to get seen by everyone, but the title of the thread will. That's something that the mods have to do... I think this would be the fair thing for the future.

cocauina
03-04-15, 10:11 AM
So, yeah, how about this? When an animal has a specific expiration date, like the Valentine's animals did, can't we please put it in the title of the thread? Just putting it in post one or posting it randomly on page 23 of the thread isn't going to get seen by everyone, but the title of the thread will. That's something that the mods have to do... I think this would be the fair thing for the future.

Nice idea. Since the threads have always the released date, the expiring date is more usefull than the released date after we have the animal in the game.

kooky panda
03-04-15, 11:57 AM
That sounds like a plan. I open all my games early morning so I may not get a pop up until the next day, so whenever someone gets a pop up if you will post, and ALSO send me a Private Message, I will edit the title and also post on post 1.

sweethutch
03-04-15, 01:52 PM
That sounds like a plan. I open all my games early morning so I may not get a pop up until the next day, so whenever someone gets a pop up if you will post, and ALSO send me a Private Message, I will edit the title and also post on post 1.

Thank you Kooky and great idea Readysetgo!!!!