PDA

View Full Version : What's in your market?

tiggerhobbes
02-13-15, 09:38 AM
Post your market treasure hunt findings! Post the good, the bad, and the cucumbers.

Some of us seem in love with the market while others loathe it, especially post cucumber/mayo. I have to admit I still love mine, but that's probably because I already invested so much into it that I don't want to admit it was a series of very bad decisions, LOL.

So, just now, opened the market to find:

1) Pea
2) Tomato
3) Butter
4) Butter
5) Milk
6) Cream
7) Cheesee
8) Sugar
9) Sugar
10) Nori
11) Flour
12) Beef
13) Cream
14) Lettuce
15) Lobster

I'm happy with most of these items and need them right now or in the near future except milk, lobster, lettuce, cheese and tomato. (Already got too much milk and lobsters esp with long recipe duration, seem to get them every turn)

Post your findings!

WinnyWoos
02-13-15, 10:27 AM
Glad to hear someone's Street Market is worth having! Seriously. Wish I could say the same. My items consist of eggs, bread, cheese, mayo, tomatoes, cucumbers and noodles. Oops wait!!! I did forget I'll occasionally get a piece of lettuce which is awesome since it takes a whole 60 seconds to restock...HA. Honestly, the street market was a flip for me.

tiggerhobbes
02-13-15, 10:57 AM
I don't always get a good haul, sometimes I get cucumber, cucumber, mayo, mayo, and egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, lettuce, egg.

Anyway, just cheked again because addiction and I found:

(Cid!!! and)
Market:
1) Nori
2) Rice
3) Pepper
4) Beef
5) Tuna
6) Beef
7) Potato
8) Pea
9) Mushroom
10) egg
11) Chicken
12) Tuna
13) Bacon
14) Pasta
15) Tuna

I almost never get Bacon, imagine getting so excited about bacon but only meh with mushrooms.

But yeah, this is one of the best haul I think.

queentina3
02-13-15, 04:32 PM
Ok, you should get a laugh out of this one.

Opened my market first thing this AM and had:

Egg
Egg
Bread
Bread
Cheese
Sugar - I nabbed that one quick as I'm always low on sugar.

2nd time I opened it I wanted to ****.

Egg
Egg
Egg
Bread
Cucumber
Cheese

3rd time I was murderous

Cucumber
Cucumber
Egg
Egg
Cucumber
Bread

Then I got home from taking one of my son's for their eye appt. and I loved it so much I actually YELLED and SCREAMED in joy. My family thinks I've totally lost it.

Pepper
Onion
Sugar
Salmon
Mayo
Pasta

But alas it could not last. When I opened it a few minutes ago it was back to:

Cucumber
Egg
Cucumber
Bread
Cheese
Pasta

I say my market when I got home was a glitch or maybe I was dreaming a good dream, as otherwise today has been a nightmare with my street market.

queentina3
02-13-15, 05:37 PM
Well my latest market sweep isn't too bad.

Cucumber
Onion
Chicken
Tomato
Chicken
Cheese

I'm honestly sick of seeing Tomato and Cucumber in there though, as normally I get a Tomato in every third market sweep, today being the first time I saw one but knew it wouldn't be long before it turned up again. I am pleased to see the Onion though. :)

tiggerhobbes
02-14-15, 12:38 AM
Onions get me excited every time :-) I do find tomato useful, I do a lot of tomato dishes and the 2 minutes wait drives me insane. It's nice to have some supplimental tomato.

Got a pretty good one:
1) Mayo
2) Bread
3) Lettuce
4) Flour
5) Tuna
6) Onion!!!
7) Potato!!!
8) Carrot
9) Milk
10) Cream
11) Lobster
12) Mushroom!!!
13) Egg
14) Rice!!!
15) Carrot

Tempted to upgrade GS just so I can get more rice so always excited to get rice too.

m1stery
02-14-15, 02:30 AM
I'm one of those that's ususally not very satisfied with the market, but I see many of you have 15 spaces in market so I'd like to know is that the max number or is there more?

nancydrew88
02-14-15, 10:36 AM
I'm glad that my market is not plagued with cucumbers! Sometimes I get pepper & onions, which is awesome. Other times it's eggs, cheese, tomatoes etc.

queentina3
02-14-15, 02:23 PM
I'm numb right now. I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or scream in outrage - seriously.

Cucumber 36
Cucumber 43
Cheese 5
Egg 2
Cucumber 36
Bread 3

*blows up street market and citizens are now sprayed with itty bitty bits of cucumbers*

Angelymer9
02-14-15, 02:45 PM
I'm to lazy atm to write it down, here it goes:

Mixed feelings with this one. But i do love my street market ��

travelingcircus
02-14-15, 07:21 PM
My street market has been very good to me. I get lobster, rice, mushrooms, peppers, onions, steak, peas, etc. I don't get cucumbers very often (as some people are complaining about) but I get bread, pasta, tomatoes and eggs sprinkled in as well. I have 9 slots and feel good about what I am getting.

queentina3
02-14-15, 07:32 PM
My street market has been very good to me. I get lobster, rice, mushrooms, peppers, onions, steak, peas, etc. I don't get cucumbers very often (as some people are complaining about) but I get bread, pasta, tomatoes and eggs sprinkled in as well. I have 9 slots and feel good about what I am getting.

I wonder if that is the key to the whole situation - having 9 slots available. Most of the people that really enjoy it seem to have at least 9 slots so the variation is more apparent.

Don't get me wrong, I do like my market for the most part as it has given me much needed items right when I needed them, but it isn't often enough and the whole egg/cucumber/bread thing is just so darn annoying. Honestly I wish TL would just take Eggs, Bread, and Cheese out of the Market completely as honestly, how many actually purchase those items from there??? I'd wish they'd take tomatoes too but then I think some would murder me for that suggestion as they're not patient enough to wait the two minutes. :p

tiggerhobbes
02-14-15, 07:48 PM
Hahaha LOL you're hilarious. Of course I wouldn't really mind if they *only* ever sell long wait items. I'm trying to phase out my lower level tomato recipes anyway.

But I think having more slots help. I still get 4-6 filler crappy items each turn but if you have more slots than that then you will get something good each turn.

I seem to get a ton of lobsters and beef in my market, wish there were some decent recipe for those items but alas, I don't think so.

queentina3
02-15-15, 02:56 PM
Hahaha LOL you're hilarious. Of course I wouldn't really mind if they *only* ever sell long wait items. I'm trying to phase out my lower level tomato recipes anyway.

But I think having more slots help. I still get 4-6 filler crappy items each turn but if you have more slots than that then you will get something good each turn.

I seem to get a ton of lobsters and beef in my market, wish there were some decent recipe for those items but alas, I don't think so.

I knew you'd know I was talking about you with the tomatoes. :p

You'll get a kick out of this. I checked the game a little while ago and went to the street market, it was filled with Mayo in all 6 slots. *bangs head on desk*

I was so tempted to upgrade the market to 9 slots right then and there, but.....:o I opted to up my seafood market from 2 ingredients to 3 instead. Now all four of my markets give me 3 ingredients and I'm happy with that. I need to expand my pantry and then restaurant next, after that I'll expand the street market. Right now my pantry is only 70 ingredients and I'm having to delete either garlic or basil, whichever gets too ahead of the others. In fact I had to delete some ginger the other day as it got to 15 and the others were only at 5. :rolleyes: I really wish that we could decide what we planted in the garden but alas, with every good thing there has to be a bad, that's a bad.

tiggerhobbes
02-17-15, 07:46 AM
The funny thing is that I finally switched up the recipes I cook and start using cucumber and mayo -- and discovered they aren't really reliably available to me in the market. Bummer.

Just now I got
Pea 57
Rice 58
Salmon 66
Tomato 4
Lemon 68
Milk 37
Lobster 136
Beef 23
Lobster 114
Egg 2
Egg 2
Milk 45
Lobter 103
Cucumber 34
Carrot 18
Sugar 29
Cheese 4

Sadly only sugar is needed at this point. I've switched to higher coinage recipes but most of them don't require 'rare' ingredients.

cquinn32
02-17-15, 08:04 AM
The funny thing is that I finally switched up the recipes I cook and start using cucumber and mayo -- and discovered they aren't really reliably available to me in the market. Bummer.

Just now I got
Pea 57
Rice 58
Salmon 66
Tomato 4
Lemon 68
Milk 37
Lobster 136
Beef 23
Lobster 114
Egg 2
Egg 2
Milk 45
Lobter 103
Cucumber 34
Carrot 18
Sugar 29
Cheese 4

Sadly only sugar is needed at this point. I've switched to higher coinage recipes but most of them don't require 'rare' ingredients.

Ok a little jealous of the number of slots in your market!!
When upgrading the market I noticed it jumps from 6 to 9 slots. Is there any other point where you get more than one slot for upgrading cause I see the next is only from 9 to 10 slots?

tiggerhobbes
02-17-15, 08:09 AM
I actually never even noticed that 'jump' but from memory it's just one slot at a time.

Don't be jealous, I'm at level 49 and some of my supplier markets are still at level one (restock one item at a time, ugh.) It's just compromise after compromise right?

<--- addictive personality that's helpless against chance elements in games.

cquinn32
02-17-15, 08:34 AM
I actually never even noticed that 'jump' but from memory it's just one slot at a time.

Don't be jealous, I'm at level 49 and some of my supplier markets are still at level one (restock one item at a time, ugh.) It's just compromise after compromise right?

<--- addictive personality that's helpless against chance elements in games.

Ok thanks,
I need nails!!!

tiggerhobbes
02-17-15, 08:36 AM
Haha yep. That's why I keep moaning about not getting enough nails. It's not that CID isn't dropping them, it's just that the street market takes up a lot of nails.

queentina3
02-17-15, 08:43 AM
I'm upgrading my pantry and then the street market so I'll have at least 9 slots. I won't even bother to tell you what was in my market this morning, as you'll only laugh hysterically at me. I'll give you 3 guesses and the first two don't count. :p

tiggerhobbes
02-17-15, 08:48 AM
mayo, mayo, cucumber, tomato, and mayo :p~~

When life gives you mayo, go make chicken salad!

queentina3
02-17-15, 08:49 AM
mayo, mayo, cucumber, tomato, and mayo :p~~

When life gives you mayo, go make chicken salad!

Ohhhhh, you're so close. You forgot I have six slots and between the tomato and the last mayo was........

*drum roll*

THE DRATTED EGG!!!!

I've been making Tuna Sandwiches. :p

queentina3
02-17-15, 08:55 AM
Oh now this is rich.....I was going to post proof with a picture of how horrible my street market can be at times, but just now when I checked it:

Pea 56
Pasta 6
Carrot 21
Lettuce 7
Pea 57
Pea 58

The one time I was going to go through the whole ordeal of taking a pic, uploading it to photobucket, and posting it and I don't get what I normally get. *bashes head on desk*

tiggerhobbes
02-18-15, 02:38 AM
lobster
flour
beef
mayo
broccoli
cheese
cheese
beef
bacon
cream
bread
beef
cheese
carrot
milk
nori
carrot

I love my market even though I admit I can't use most of these items with my current recipe combos.

queentina3
02-18-15, 11:04 AM
My market surprised me this morning, honestly. I should've taken a pic but I was looking at it as I was also rushing my youngest out to the bus.

Cucumber
Egg
Salmon
Tuna
Beef
Peas

Now granted I didn't need the cucumber, egg, or peas but I did nab the Salmon, Tuna, and Beef. The cost was only a few pennies above what I could get in their stores as well, which normally isn't the case. It's normally about a 10 cent difference, but this time it was 3 or 4 cents. I was happy for the moment.

Of course it didn't last, but that's ok. If I can even have 1 street market a day like that, I'll think it was worth getting and eventually upgrade it to 9 slots. I just wish more potatoes, onions, and peppers were in it.

I did get 2 broccoli in another sweep of it, which was good, but I was in need of potatoes at the moment so whimpered. I nabbed them anyways, but UGH, I really wanted potatoes. At least it wasn't eggs. :p

queentina3
02-18-15, 12:12 PM
Let's see if this works. I've not uploaded a photo in a long time. :o

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/th_IMG_0372_zpsd73e1txt.png (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/queentina3/media/TeamLava/IMG_0372_zpsd73e1txt.png.html)

I had to use the thumbnail option as the picture was HUGE otherwise. If you click on the pic it will get bigger though. This is what I had when I logged in a little while ago. Not bad if I needed the mayo, but considering I'm working on a goal that doesn't require it right now....Well, this street market sweep was useless to me. :(

tiggerhobbes
02-18-15, 12:40 PM
That's the thing though, what's "good" is so subjective.

I'm actually struggling to get enough cucumber these days and I would **** for rice and flour. Mayo is still useful to me but I still get them regularly enough in my market so that it's not been a problem.

Tbh I get so much lobsts, potato and mushrooms in my street market I have stopped collecting them. They end up in the double digits hoarding space in my pantry and I can't use them up fast enough. So again, what's good is really really subjective.

queentina3
02-18-15, 12:48 PM
tiggerhobbes, I'll swap my market for yours, how about that? ;)

tiggerhobbes
03-07-15, 08:25 AM
And this is how I fell in love with my street market

tiggerhobbes
03-07-15, 08:27 AM
Oops the other & slots (sorry posted double)

queentina3
03-13-15, 11:33 PM
So it has been awhile since I've really complained about my street market.....This is what I got the last time I opened it. Needless to say I wasn't pleased and figure maybe I should actually go to sleep, considering it is 230am and RS2 obviously doesn't want to be helpful at the moment.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/01f62447f36a08118a5872f40093091615a8a49227_zpscoha apts.jpg

This is precisely why I haven't even considered upgrading it as more slots will probably just give me more bread, tomatoes, eggs, cheese, and pasta - all my normal over-abundance items. *sighs*

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 08:08 AM
Ok I get really boring stuff from time to times too, but at 19'slots I usually get something I can use.

So for old times sake ...

queentina3
03-16-15, 08:11 AM
*wipes tears from cheeks*

That is a simply beautiful street market. What I wouldn't do to have that.

*sighs*

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 08:20 AM
Omg you have 202 gems!!!!

I'm so going to ninja to your till :-). Watch out for dodgy new cashier.

Sometimes I get almost all eggs and pasta and bread too, but with one mushroom in the mountain of garbage. The thing is, my pantry is limited so I don't even want a lot of good stuff, just one or two that is really really rare (mushroom, strawberry)

queentina3
03-16-15, 08:42 AM
My last sweep had 2 mushrooms and 2 lobsters, YAY!!

I don't have 202 gems anymore, purchased a wall for gems so it is now 17(x) something.....I told you before that CID likes to drop me gems instead of shovels and hammers, so I've been collecting them. Plus I have the Bingo goal and before that the Cupcake Game goal, and I always do those types for the free gems. :)

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 09:08 AM
2 mushroom is an excellent sweep.

Well someone said something about bread. =___=. I'm jinxed

queentina3
03-16-15, 10:05 AM
5 breads out of 19 slots...LMAO!! At least you have a bunch of other good stuff to balance it out, unlike me with my measly 9 slots that fill with cheese, tomato, bread, and egg before giving me ONE seafood or meat or the rare veggie. :p

queentina3
03-16-15, 05:38 PM

You won't be needing to upgrade to 20 slots now, nor will you be seeing prices like this again. Talking about being totally jinxed, of course you took the rest of us with you. hehehe :p

cathycathy1
03-18-15, 06:08 AM

I have two butters in my market right now, only they are $536 and $540 each, as opposed to $98 like is pictured here. Somebody explain to me how that was supposed to improve my enjoyment of the game?