PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update 02-11-2015

PepperWoo
02-10-15, 04:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7eoHj5o.jpg

PepperWoo
02-10-15, 04:12 PM
Oh I love everything I am seeing especially that 4x4 display! Hopefully not too gem-heavy. XD

LalaSmooth
02-10-15, 04:12 PM
Ooh I like this update but not the shelfs

mergirl96
02-10-15, 04:17 PM
I love everything about this! An urban theme is definitely surprising but lovely. Anyone think this could be a box?

Natasha_07
02-10-15, 04:22 PM
Everything is just wonderful ! I just hope it's outside of a box even if it's for gems.

filochick1982
02-10-15, 04:23 PM
Nice! But I think it could be a box. We haven't received one for a while now. I can see 9 different items and there are usually 9 items per box. I can see a new recipe too? Those donuts don't look like any of the existing ones.

kjbrogren
02-10-15, 04:24 PM
It looks like a box to me... But I am usually wrong. Lol I like the giant pink spatual that says "keep calm and bake on"! Im going to have to buy that display.... Hopefully its not for a ton of gems if its not in a box ;)

PepperWoo
02-10-15, 04:30 PM
I'm thinking maybe it's a box too because of the number of items in there. But boxes don't usually contain wall decos right?

filochick1982
02-10-15, 04:34 PM
Yes they can. One of the old V day boxes currently on sale has 3 wall decorations. They also have wall decor and avatar items in boxes in Fashion Story.

I'm thinking maybe it's a box too because of the number of items in there. But boxes don't usually contain wall decos right?

PepperWoo
02-10-15, 04:36 PM
Yes they can. Both the old V day boxes currently on sale have wall decor. They also have wall decor and avatar items in boxes in Fashion Story.

Oh bummer. That's definitely a box then! XD

jandtandn
02-10-15, 04:49 PM
It's either the Love Chest or the Valentine's Box that has wall items. I was too lazy to check the list and ended up opening them and getting wall items. Oh well. Even if this is a box, being from the city, I can't wait to seem what's available!

sbratprincess
02-10-15, 06:18 PM
Cute update!! Really hope it's not a box.

twospoons
02-10-15, 06:19 PM
(agreeing with the assumption that it's a box) it's not too bad. not sure i'd want the black in my bakery all the time, but it goes with current goal wallpaper. i'd really like to have the 4x4, of course, and the display case, the guy behind the counter, and the single-shelf display tables.

i don't want the dividers, or the multi-level empty stand behind the guy, but wouldn't be as upset to get them as i would either the sign and the shelf with the weird food with faces. what is with the floating cupcake and the mean looking cake slice? and why would anyone have a sign that says "urban"? i get that you didn't want to limit yourself to a single city, but that's just dumb.

but i'm definitely going to try for the keep calm spatula! i wonder if it's 4th or 3rd place?

ElaineCarrel
02-10-15, 06:20 PM
I definitely think this is a box. Like someone else said we've not had a box for quite awhile.

orleansparish
02-10-15, 06:21 PM
I think there have been boxes with additional items released. Rare but happens. This would look awesome with my planned summer coffee and donut shop. And new donut recipes! I wish there were more than one. And I hope it's on the old donut maker. I love just about everything. But my luck is so-so with boxes. Decisions....decisions....

orleansparish
02-10-15, 06:22 PM
Also we last had a box about two weeks ago, wasnt it? That ice queen ugliness. It wasn't a full month ago.

The last box came out on the 27th of last month. Looks like a box but seeks super early. Can I live?!

irlanda_c
02-10-15, 06:26 PM
This could have been a wonderful goal!! I really want some items, but if its a box Im going to pass =(

jandtandn
02-10-15, 06:31 PM
Also we last had a box about two weeks ago, wasnt it? That ice queen ugliness. It wasn't a full month ago.

The last box came out on the 27th of last month. Looks like a box but seeks super early. Can I live?!

Yup, not that long ago. If this is a box (and it seems like it may be, though I'd like to be wrong), I like the items more than the ones in the last box. The divider kind of looks like the gates stores put down when they close, though. I guess it goes with the neon sign. Along with that table thing, they're kind of out of place. I like everything else. Even the desserts with faces are kind of cute. Not sure what I'd do with them.

AnnasCoffee
02-10-15, 06:34 PM
My favorite item is the large display case. I like that TL took the time to create a new design for a display case. I like the dark gray color. I like the bread baskets on top, they make it seem more 'real'. I really want it!

I agree with twospoons, some of the items are strange and silly/cartoony :(. Overall I like this update but I only really want two items (the two largest items). Really hope it's not a box, gambling with my gems isn't fun for me:(

mytsa
02-10-15, 06:41 PM
I will definitely buy the two large ones even they are for gems, but if they come in a box, I won't gamble.

DragonWished
02-10-15, 07:45 PM
I agree with those who think this could be a box. And I hope we're wrong! :-D

Really like the display case and the 4x4. *fingers crossed*

LavaRain8
02-10-15, 07:48 PM
Man, such a shame this is probably a box, I actually like the items here. Very nice bakery related theme overall. But unless we get another theme that I feel like I could match with this perfectly, I have no desire to gamble with the box for these things. But if something right comes along...I may have to consider it. :/

larissa2k
02-10-15, 07:55 PM
No I don't think it's a box because android is due for another version and in the description insinuates a new versio. And they don't usually update for a box.

rosewaterlily
02-10-15, 08:17 PM
If it's a box I'd be pretty mad to get those dividers. Who needs one divider for 24 gems? The food related items all look nice though. Probably won't splurge if it's a box but that case with the french bread on top would be great out of the box at a reasonable price. I like that they're listening to us about more bakery related items these last couple of months though. All these things in the update would look good with the coffee stuff too.

Since the gelato goals almost every final goal prize is bakery related in some way. Only problem with so many food related displays--I'm running low on gems! Guess there won't be much saving for Black Friday this year if they keep going with the good updates.

zeldashepard
02-10-15, 11:15 PM
Looks like a box. At least it's a good box. I love everything except the giant "URBAN" signs lol

sls0991
02-10-15, 11:54 PM
Didn't we just get a box not too long ago? That stupid ice princess castle box thing? I'm not too crazy about this update anyway so I couldn't care less lol.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:58 AM
Didn't we just get a box not too long ago? That stupid ice princess castle box thing? I'm not too crazy about this update anyway so I couldn't care less lol.

That box was the update 3 weeks ago (Jan 21st 2015). So yes it does seem early for another box. I always thought they release a box every 4 weeks but maybe the release of this box is early because they also released the goals a week early and TL might be following a certain schedule ( ie release a box the week after releasing the monthly goals).

minidemon88
02-11-15, 03:58 AM
Loving all the breads display I see! It's so realistic looking!

chillez
02-11-15, 08:16 AM
I'm wondering about those donuts on the expresso counter.

LalaSmooth
02-11-15, 08:31 AM
No I don't think it's a box because android is due for another version and in the description insinuates a new versio. And they don't usually update for a box.

Hopefully the new version will fix the problem I've been having

rollitodeprimavera
02-11-15, 10:51 AM
I see new donuts in the counter... well! :D nice update TL

jandtandn
02-11-15, 11:38 AM
The update is here and it is NOT a box!

Urban Display 5 gems
Urban Cake 15 gems
Urban Spatula 25,000 coins
Urban Divide 8,000 coins
Urban Chocolate 6,000 coins
Urban Installation 20,000 coins
Urban Keeps 35,000 coins
Urban Lights 2 gems

filochick1982
02-11-15, 11:39 AM
This bundle is MINE. Thank you gem sale! Can't wait to redecorate after V day!

Natasha_07
02-11-15, 11:39 AM
Yeah no box! The prices ain't too bad either.

BTW I don't see the big 4x4. :confused:

orleansparish
02-11-15, 11:42 AM
I knew it couldn't be a box. I am totally getting that bundle. As soon as I see a gem sale. Box like items, minus the constant 24 gems to get that main display. Awesome.com!

I'm getting the one on RS too.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 11:45 AM
I now understand their strategy with these bundles. By deliberately EXCLUDING the 4x4 display from the general market, rather than buying individual items, people will buy the bundles instead because they would want the complete set. Makes perfect sense.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 11:47 AM
They excluded it deliberately so you buy the bundle instead of the individual items in the bundle. Even though a lot of the items cost coins in the general market, they get you to pay gems simply because you want the 4x4 display. It's a genius idea and the best idea TL has come up with to date to get gems that players would otherwise pay coins for.

Yeah no box! The prices ain't too bad either.

BTW I don't see the big 4x4. :confused:

jandtandn
02-11-15, 11:48 AM
The new recipe is Cronuts, 9 hours (makes 1,675) earns 6,700 coins and costs 1,790 coins.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 11:50 AM
I've got other appliances out now so can't see myself. Which appliance is it on?

The new recipe is Cronuts, 9 hours (makes 1,675) earns 6,700 coins and costs 1,700 coins.

PepperWoo
02-11-15, 11:55 AM
Woah update came 30 minutes early! Definitely getting that bundle, it's so worth the price of 52 gems! But.. what about the Android people who also want that 4x4 display and would be willing to pay for the bundle?

I've got other appliances out now so can't see myself. Which appliance is it on?

It's on the oven. :)

jandtandn
02-11-15, 11:55 AM

You will find it on the Oven.

AngelaM_93
02-11-15, 11:56 AM
So since this "bundle" is an ios thing only, those of us who play on android don't even have the chance of getting the 4x4. Great, just great. I guess that TL doesn't see android users as people, more like an afterthought.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 11:57 AM
Interesting. I didn't notice the 12 day timer on the bundle initially but as soon as I did I bought it because I already had a gem sale. Once you buy the bundle, you can't buy it again! You can only purchase it once!

filochick1982
02-11-15, 11:59 AM
Yeah that sucks. I'm sure they eventually have plans to make it available on Android. It's probably due to coding that makes it more difficult to have it on Android for the time being.

So since this "bundle" is an ios thing only, those of us who play on android don't even have the chance of getting the 4x4. Great, just great. I guess that TL doesn't see android users as people, more like an afterthought.

jandtandn
02-11-15, 12:06 PM
I went ahead and got the bundle even though I bought the spatula and two bread displays. The 4x4 is very big. The top comes up past the top of the Baker's Square.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:09 PM
The 4x4 display when you factor in the cost of gems for the other items actually costs only 23 gems. That's 1 gem cheaper than trying to gamble on a box with no guarantee you will get it. These bundles are a genius idea! Thanks TL. Keep these bundles coming!

I went ahead and got the bundle even though I bought the spatula and two bread displays. The 4x4 is very big. The top comes up past the top of the Baker's Square.

rosewaterlily
02-11-15, 12:11 PM
Can someone post a screencap of the 4x4 bundle item for those who are thinking of getting it? Thanks.

jandtandn
02-11-15, 12:16 PM
The 4x4 display when you factor in the cost of gems for the other items actually costs only 23 gems. That's 1 gem cheaper than trying to gamble on a box with no guarantee you will get it. These bundles are a genius idea! Thanks TL. Keep these bundles coming!

Exactly! I bought the other bundle for 3/4 of my bakeries (still waiting for another gem sale for one). I like these bundles! Whoever thought of it should get a promotion.

Oh, and I hate to see players left out. I wish all players could have access to the bundles. Maybe later? I'm on iOS, but I have an I Android can borrow. Maybe some players can do that as an option, those who may have a friend or someone who has an iPhone. Reminds me of all of us who wanted the old Christmas items and only Android players still had them!

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:20 PM
Oh don't ever suggest to people to try to have access to iOS phones! A few players weren't impressed when I made that suggestion for the Christmas boxes.

Exactly! I bought the other bundle for 3/4 of my bakeries (still waiting for another gem sale for one). I like these bundles! Whoever thought of it should get a promotion.

Oh, and I hate to see players left out. I wish all players could have access to the bundles. Maybe later? I'm on iOS, but I have an I Android can borrow. Maybe some players can do that as an option, those who may have a friend or someone who has an iPhone. Reminds me of all of us who wanted the old Christmas items and only Android players still had them!

PepperWoo
02-11-15, 12:23 PM
Can someone post a screencap of the 4x4 bundle item for those who are thinking of getting it? Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/Dg5xfSj.png

http://i.imgur.com/GlKzllz.png

http://i.imgur.com/PGo8wPy.jpg

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:27 PM
Weird how the Urban Cake display has no actual cake in it!

jandtandn
02-11-15, 12:27 PM
Oh don't ever suggest to people to try to have access to iOS phones! A few players weren't impressed when I made that suggestion for the Christmas boxes.

I remember that! What the heck?

Pre-(potential)naysayers response: It's just a suggestion people. (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

And thank you, Pepper, for putting the pictures up!

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:28 PM
I kinda wish they didn't use black with these items. My OCD tells me they should be brown to perfectly match all that coffee stuff.

twospoons
02-11-15, 12:28 PM
i was advocating patience when bundles first came out, but those bundles only contained content that had been previously available, even if it wasn't currently available. now i am firmly in the position of you suck, TL.

and no, i do not have access to an iPhone.

I kinda wish they didn't use black with these items. My OCD tells me they should be brown to perfectly match all that coffee stuff. that was my first thought too, but now i like that they've mixed it up. but i would never have these displays out at the same time i had the bakers square or the coffee stuff out, cause, yeah. ocd.

orleansparish
02-11-15, 12:29 PM

Id been telling people this on the dragon forums for over a year, before android got items ios have. They do hate it. Makes them get to to a tizzy! But it's a genius thing to do. Surely android players know someone with an iPod touch, iPhone or ipad. You only need to use it for less than 10 minutes, if even that much. And you can get something fantastic, you will otherwise only see in another's bakery.

I never complained about being android when I first started playing. All those goals ios had. So many games. From dragon to fashion. It is what is it and how it is. Griping won't make them do it any quicker. They know who their android fan base is and Im sure the bundles will get to them, as soon as they can. But they've said many times that the games were designed for ios. So it make sense ios gets the longer end of the stick sometimes. Sucks but that's the reality.

I just hope there aren't any ios vs android nonsense. It was tiring on dragon. Bakery has the most mellow players, from my experience. I hope it stays that way.

orleansparish
02-11-15, 12:31 PM

I just wish we could get two bundles or have the option to buy a 2nd of something if we purchase a bundle. Id love two of the main display, but I'll make so. The black and brown could do well together.

PepperWoo
02-11-15, 12:35 PM
Weird how the Urban Cake display has no actual cake in it!

The irony right lol! But it has french macaroons, which I love! :o

Glad I did a baker's/book section, I didn't have to redecorate cause this bundle fits right in. The problem is my section is not that big, I don't know how to fit everything. XD

LavaRain8
02-11-15, 12:36 PM
Very weird to not be a box with so many items missing, but the whole bundle part makes it clearer now.

However, this going to be quite the ridiculous trend if Android doesn't get this at all or for a very long time. IIRC, the staff never really commented on when/if we would be getting it, just conveniently overlooking it each time while answering other questions. Which leads me to believe that this is another feature that will never be released or acknowledged as missing by them.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but there is still a feature from almost a year ago that has yet to be implemented, with no real update/ETA in sight, so it's definitely possible that history could repeat itself here... :(

jandtandn
02-11-15, 12:39 PM
I think you guys mean "preference?" I don't mind the black and brown together and I do have OCD. Actually, if it were all brown I think it may get a little lost and might be too bland. I think this bundle will look nice with the coffee items. I finally got the 4th place coffee station and may set this all up after I finish the goals. That circle shelf thing, though, is never coming out of storage.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:42 PM
It's funny how when I've had the option to upgrade to an Android phone in the past, I always refused simply because I play this game and Fashion Story and playing these games suck on Android in my personal experience because of the major differences in game play. The only advantage Android has over iOS is the fact you can keep all older versions of the game to enable you to buy older content no longer available on iOS. So I use my husband's Galaxy tablet to do that but do all my playing and decorating on iOS.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:44 PM
The circle shelf? Do you mean the Urban Chocolate? It looks like a rack for cream and brown hats!

I think you guys mean "preference?" I don't mind the black and brown together and I do have OCD. Actually, if it were all brown I think it may get a little lost and might be too bland. I think this bundle will look nice with the coffee items. I finally got the 4th place coffee station and may set this all up after I finish the goals. That circle shelf thing, though, is never coming out of storage.

jandtandn
02-11-15, 12:45 PM
The circle shelf? Do you mean the Urban Chocolate? It looks like a rack for cream and brown hats!

Yeah, that...thing. I don't know what to do with it (looks like an empty store display??) and it's not getting set out in my bakery! lol

PepperWoo
02-11-15, 12:50 PM
My question is... why are the Urban Installation cupcakes smiling, but their eyebrows look so angry? lol

twospoons
02-11-15, 12:55 PM
Id been telling people this on the dragon forums for over a year, before android got items ios have. They do hate it. Makes them get to to a tizzy! But it's a genius thing to do. Surely android players know someone with an iPod touch, iPhone or ipad. You only need to use it for less than 10 minutes, if even that much. And you can get something fantastic, you will otherwise only see in another's bakery.

I never complained about being android when I first started playing. All those goals ios had. So many games. From dragon to fashion. It is what is it and how it is. Griping won't make them do it any quicker. They know who their android fan base is and Im sure the bundles will get to them, as soon as they can. But they've said many times that the games were designed for ios. So it make sense ios gets the longer end of the stick sometimes. Sucks but that's the reality.

I just hope there aren't any ios vs android nonsense. It was tiring on dragon. Bakery has the most mellow players, from my experience. I hope it stays that way.

i wish that those who had access to all the features--and this is the first one i've actually cared about, as i wasn't playing in early days when the android version had no goals and i've never met anyone i'd want to block--weren't so blase about those of us who don't have them. i understand that you want to be helpful, and obviously if a droid can borrow or otherwise access an iPhone, it's a useful suggestion. but please, don't assume we all can get to these items, and telling us "surely you can" really feels very smug to me. if you don't want to read about iOS v. android nonsense, then remember that it's not nonsense (insofar as anything in a game isn't nonsense) for those of us on the other side of the divide, and that your friends and neighbors and others in this community may appreciate an empathetic attitude more than a dismissive one.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 12:56 PM
TL Designers may have been smoking stuff when they created it!

My question is... why are the Urban Installation cupcakes smiling, but their eyebrows look so angry? lol

filochick1982
02-11-15, 01:01 PM
And where is the sympathy/empathy from Android players who continue to have access to older versions of the game and therefore content, that is no longer available for iOS players?

I don't think Orleansparish was dismissive at all. She said that she didn't complain when she was on Android and had no access to the features that iOS players had. She was simply saying that yes it sucks but it is what is. Complaining won't make the changes happen faster and the reason the changes didn't happen faster was more likely because of an Android coding issue that had to be resolved first moreso than TL being lazy and not giving a toss about their Android players.

i wish that those who had access to all the features--and this is the first one i've actually cared about, as i wasn't playing in early days when the android version had no goals and i've never met anyone i'd want to block--weren't so blase about those of us who don't have them. i understand that you want to be helpful, and obviously if a droid can borrow or otherwise access an iPhone, it's a useful suggestion. but please, don't assume we all can get to these items, and telling us "surely you can" really feels very smug to me. if you don't want to read about iOS v. android nonsense, then remember that it's not nonsense (insofar as anything in a game isn't nonsense) for those of us on the other side of the divide, and that your friends and neighbors and others in this community may appreciate an empathetic attitude more than a dismissive one.

goingcountry
02-11-15, 01:05 PM
I agree with those who think this could be a box. And I hope we're wrong! :-D

Really like the display case and the 4x4. *fingers crossed*

GREAT NEWS! NOT A BOX! And the prices are very reasonable!

PepperWoo
02-11-15, 01:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KpZe4EJ.jpg

So it's not an lto bundle with a 12-day timer, but a discount timer. This is indeed a HUGE discount!

Natasha_07
02-11-15, 01:07 PM
Pepper just visited your bakery looks great! Did you bought the previous bundle cause I didn't notice your cafe tables previously ?

filochick1982
02-11-15, 01:09 PM
Well that makes sense now for two reasons.

1) the 23 gem price for the 4x4 is extremely cheap.

2) why have a bundle for only 12 days?

http://i.imgur.com/KpZe4EJ.jpg

So it's not an lto bundle with a 12-day timer, but a discount timer. This is indeed a HUGE discount!

AnnasCoffee
02-11-15, 01:15 PM
I wonder if bundles will replace boxes? The bundles give us some of the features that players have been asking for... you know what items you will get, no repeat items (unless it's tables/chairs), and it's cheaper.

Did TL actually give us something we asked for !?! They must have hired new person, thanks new TL lady !

*edit, just noticed there are some repeat items. Oh well, at least your guaranteed the '1st place' prize.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 01:16 PM
I don't get it. If the timer is only a discount on price and the bundle is here to stay, how is it you can only buy the bundle once? Shouldn't you be able to buy it as many times as you want?

filochick1982
02-11-15, 01:17 PM
You actually get repeats of other stuff besides the tables and chairs. Eg you get two of that Urban wall decor.

I wonder if bundles will replace boxes? The bundles give us some of the features that players have been asking for... you know what items you will get, no repeat items (unless it's tables/chairs), and it's cheaper.

Did TL actually give us something we asked for !?! They must have hired new person, thanks new TL lady !

PepperWoo
02-11-15, 01:27 PM
Pepper just visited your bakery looks great! Did you bought the previous bundle cause I didn't notice your cafe tables previously ?

Nope, didn't buy the first one cause I already bought the Barista Counter and Coffee Bean Display last Xmas Sale. I had the cafe tables in storage. :)

I don't get it. If the timer is only a discount on price and the bundle is here to stay, how is it you can only buy the bundle once? Shouldn't you be able to buy it as many times as you want?

Maybe to be fair to the first bundle, since we can only buy that once too.

twospoons
02-11-15, 01:30 PM
And where is the sympathy/empathy from Android players who continue to have access to older versions of the game and therefore content, that is no longer available for iOS players?

I don't think Orleansparish was dismissive at all. She said that she didn't complain when she was on Android and had no access to the features that iOS players had. She was simply saying that yes it sucks but it is what is. Complaining won't make the changes happen faster and the reason the changes didn't happen faster was more likely because of an Android coding issue that had to be resolved first moreso than TL being lazy and not giving a toss about their Android players.

and that's the way you read her comments--which is why i was very careful to state that the comments felt smug to me.

personally, i believe we should complain about things we find problematic in the game. even assuming you're right and that TL is working on a coding issue that's blocking bundles on android (and i agree that's probably what it is, not laziness or lack of care for droid players), i think it's important that they know it's important to us, rather than assuming. i also find it easier to accept the situation once i've publicly stated that i'm unhappy about it. if orleansparish doesn't find it helpful, that's fine for her. that's just not the way i work.

and as a probably point of agreement, please understand that when i say "complaining" i mean just that. i'm not a huge fan of screaming posts or endlessly harping on the same point either.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 01:39 PM
Maybe the reason you can only buy bundles once is because that's the trade off for being able to 1) get items not available in the general market, 2) because the items are heavily discounted in the bundle and 3) there is a guarantee of getting the exact items you want. I guess TL don't want to give the bundles too much of an advantage over boxes because it would mean no one will gamble on boxes anymore which I assume is their largest source of revenue and ain't no way they're giving up their bread, butter and bacon too.

Nope, didn't buy the first one cause I already bought the Barista Counter and Coffee Bean Display last Xmas Sale. I had the cafe tables in storage. :)

filochick1982
02-11-15, 01:44 PM
No way will the bundles replace boxes. The bundles are a one time purchase deal, which therefore limits the gem purchases of players. Boxes obviously don't do that which means more revenue for TL. I think these bundles were designed to appeal to those players who would never gamble on boxes due to the odds being against them. This is simply a genius way for TL to get gems from players who would never buy gems previously. Whoever thought of the idea deserves a promotion.

*edit, just noticed there are some repeat items. Oh well, at least your guaranteed the '1st place' prize.

Natasha_07
02-11-15, 01:45 PM

Maybe the bundles are currently on a trial and not necessarily a replacement for the boxes, perhaps as a secondary purchase item just like how the boxes are main gems purchases.

I think it's pretty good even though a couple items are repeated, at least you're guaranteed to see what you'll get and the exclusive 1st price or LTO.

LavaRain8
02-11-15, 01:47 PM

We aren't being provided access to these old version so by TL and they have said numerous times that they don't support the use of them. The option just happens to exist with the constant version releases that are required on Android and a third party providing access to them still. This is a bit different as TL is purposely releasing this for one and not the other.

What she said probably wasn't intentionally dismissive, but I can see how it came across that way somewhat. It does kind of seem like "I didn't complain, so you shouldn't either". Again, I don't think she meant it that way since she's not that type of person from what I've observed, so just something that can just get taken the wrong way with the way it's worded.

However, I see no huge difference in these complaints versus the recent Black Friday complaints that were very much shouted from the rooftops recently. Still an issue with TL, just different reasons. And if it is technical and not indifference, then they could state that. Instead, they just say iOS only and go about their business as usual, leaving Android users just sitting there twiddling their thumbs...waiting. If I missed them saying that about this feature, then that's my mistake. But AFAIK, radio silence all around, which does give you the sense that they just don't even care about giving it to us anytime soon.

filochick1982
02-11-15, 02:16 PM
See I think the reason that TL haven't mentioned if it will be available on Android is perhaps because they don't want to make a promise they cant keep. They are most likely still investigating the possibility of including the feature on Android and working through possible coding issues. If they flat out said it would be available or that it would be available by x weeks/months, then that puts pressure on them to deliver something by not only a certain time, but to deliver something which after some trials and investigation, they may actually not be able to deliver because of a coding issue that can't be resolved. It certainly wouldn't be for lack of trying. I'm pretty sure TL cares just as much for Android players as they do for iOS. Making a promise you can't deliver would be far worse than making no commitment at all.

We aren't being provided access to these old version so by TL and they have said numerous times that they don't support the use of them. The option just happens to exist with the constant version releases that are required on Android and a third party providing access to them still. This is a bit different as TL is purposely releasing this for one and not the other.

What she said probably wasn't intentionally dismissive, but I can see how it came across that way somewhat. It does kind of seem like "I didn't complain, so you shouldn't either". Again, I don't think she meant it that way since she's not that type of person from what I've observed, so just something that can just get taken the wrong way with the way it's worded.

However, I see no huge difference in these complaints versus the recent Black Friday complaints that were very much shouted from the rooftops recently. Still an issue with TL, just different reasons. And if it is technical and not indifference, then they could state that. Instead, they just say iOS only and go about their business as usual, leaving Android users just sitting there twiddling their thumbs...waiting. If I missed them saying that about this feature, then that's my mistake. But AFAIK, radio silence all around, which does give you the sense that they just don't even care about giving it to us anytime soon.

leylaska
02-11-15, 05:06 PM
How should I get? Envelope will be a combination of anchovies? Gardener box so you can do?

twospoons
02-11-15, 05:56 PM
See I think the reason that TL haven't mentioned if it will be available on Android is perhaps because they don't want to make a promise they cant keep. They are most likely still investigating the possibility of including the feature on Android and working through possible coding issues. If they flat out said it would be available or that it would be available by x weeks/months, then that puts pressure on them to deliver something by not only a certain time, but to deliver something which after some trials and investigation, they may actually not be able to deliver because of a coding issue that can't be resolved. It certainly wouldn't be for lack of trying. I'm pretty sure TL cares just as much for Android players as they do for iOS. Making a promise you can't deliver would be far worse than making no commitment at all.

i guess that, given a range of bad options, i'd rather have them at least give a "we're working on it" nod to android, even without an ETA. obviously that's personal preference.

at this point, i'm hoping that the 12 day timer means that after the bundle has expired, the 4x4 will be moved to the general marketplace as a standalone. better to have a delay than never have the content at all, especially since content is often delayed on android with the new versions, so we're used to it. i would hope the price wouldn't be too much higher than the 23 gems (?) someone said the display worked out to be after deducting the cost of the other gem items in the bundle.

igames4me
02-11-15, 06:04 PM
Love the bundle bought it in both accts
Too bad android can't get it yet
If any androids have an apple device at home that other family member uses ask to borrow it and sign into your acct but remember to sign out
So for other acct on that device make sure it has a password... So you can sign back to that acct so yours is out of the device

LavaRain8
02-11-15, 06:48 PM

Could be the case, but given the lack of response or development for the last iOS only feature, I'm guessing this could get the same treatment. Or maybe they will remember that this will actually make them money unlike the last one and they'll dedicate more resources to getting this one to work. Who knows.

Still, their lack of communication on the matter is just very off putting, regardless of the reason. They could simply just say "we are currently working on getting it ready for Android devices, as well, but due to ____, we cannot give a set date or time frame on when it would be available at this time. we appreciate your patience and will do everything that we can to add this feature to the game as soon as possible.". That doesn't make a promise on when you can expect it, but at least lets you know that they haven't just decided to not work on it because of....whatever reason. If they don't want to do it for budgetary/technical reasons or something along those lines, then just say it. If they do want it to be available and have a team working on it as we speak, then just say it. To just act like the question wasn't asked multiple times in their announcement thread, which they were obviously reading since they were responding to other things, is just kind of disrespectful in a way.

As I may end up having to stop playing these games anyway (for other reasons), I guess it doesn't matter much to me in the long run. But I can't help but think that if they don't want Android users to feel like the "red-headed stepchild" of the Story games, they should probably stop treating them that way. Otherwise...that's just how it's always going to look if they continue to do things such as this, unfortunately.

larissa2k
02-11-15, 10:01 PM
I have android and I also want the bundles to but the fact is there's only 12 or so phones on Apple so it's probably easier to things for ios than android there's thousands of android devices that support bakery story maybe later we will receive them.also maybe tl was going to wait until they had them ready for everyone but after the stink myself included made over the black Friday sale they had to push the release date up.

natalienat518
02-12-15, 01:16 AM
Alright, this is a little off-topic but I just wanna comment on how I'm loving that TL has been keeping the prices low for the past couple of goals and this new cronut... Makes things a lot more affordable and I definitely even wanna play more recently!!

sesamecake
02-12-15, 01:50 AM
I really dig the new items! I bought everything, then I came here on the forums and found out that there was a bundle that I wasn't aware of and another large item that isn't on Android. Honestly, I can live without the bundle since I can buy the items separately but I hope they still make the large item or bundle available. And if I knew I could only get the large item as part of the bundle, I probably would have waited to get the bundle instead so I don't waste extra gems on doubles of the other gem items.

LalaSmooth
02-12-15, 03:24 AM
how can people get in their bakery since the lollipop update and I can't? should a factory reset help the issue?

patzycorona
02-12-15, 03:27 AM
im sorry i come here to read bcusz i get to know more about bakery story so you guysz can tellnim like new in here so sometimes i dont understand what are u guys talking about and i have a serious question... whats bundles? i feel stupid for asking this.. can somebody explain this 2 me plsz thank u (:

GramGram2
02-12-15, 04:07 AM
I like the bundle too, but can't buy it due to lack of Gems. I would buy Gems, but I never have them offered at the sale prices. "Why? I ask" their reply was not evveryone is included in Gems sales. So, I'm IOS and I feel that I'm being treated unfairly since all my Android friends DO get the sales. It seems there are trade-offs in both operating systems.

LalaSmooth
02-12-15, 04:13 AM
I am now playing on my iPhone and it feels weird going back to play on it as it's different but least you don't have to keep clicking on each tile and wallpaper to put in place and go back to the beginning every time you want to gift. .. I like the bundles I am seeing and 53 gems seems reasonable to me.

cakeandpie
02-12-15, 07:52 AM
Totally LOVE this update!!!! SOOO many cool things, and at 52 gems for the whole bundle, that's a bargain considering what items like that usually cost.

Thanks for a super awesome update, TL!!!

Natasha_07
02-12-15, 12:34 PM
I am now playing on my iPhone and it feels weird going back to play on it as it's different but least you don't have to keep clicking on each tile and wallpaper to put in place and go back to the beginning every time you want to gift. .. I like the bundles I am seeing and 53 gems seems reasonable to me.

It's a great bargain, I'm hoping for another big sale for next month for st. Patrick's day! :)

twospoons
02-13-15, 06:33 AM
im sorry i come here to read bcusz i get to know more about bakery story so you guysz can tellnim like new in here so sometimes i dont understand what are u guys talking about and i have a serious question... whats bundles? i feel stupid for asking this.. can somebody explain this 2 me plsz thank u (:

no worries--there's a thread for bundles here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78155-Introducing-Item-Bundles!-%28iOS-1-7-5-only with an explanation, but basically in the last of the decor tabs, where boxes and expansions are, is a new option for ios players, where you buy a bunch of items bundled together. they started with a coffee themed one, the contents of which are shown in the thread i linked, and this week introduced an urban one, where you could get a bunch of the content in this week's update all at once, and it includes one large display that's not available for sale as a separate item.

rocketsmama
02-13-15, 09:53 AM
LOVE this update! It is a perfect fit for my bakery!!

minidemon88
02-14-15, 12:15 AM
Love the urban bundle, especially the spatula! Keep calm and bake on! XD

Will get it later. :o I hope they will release the bundle feature to android player soon.

LalaSmooth
02-14-15, 06:29 AM
I miss playing this on my android device and haven't been able to play since last week and soooo behind on the goals, (haven't even unlocked 3rd recipe on 2nd oven yet) and only 20 days to go.

On further note - I want to decorate for St Patricks day.

patzycorona
02-16-15, 01:35 AM
no worries--there's a thread for bundles here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78155-Introducing-Item-Bundles!-%28iOS-1-7-5-only with an explanation, but basically in the last of the decor tabs, where boxes and expansions are, is a new option for ios players, where you buy a bunch of items bundled together. they started with a coffee themed one, the contents of which are shown in the thread i linked, and this week introduced an urban one, where you could get a bunch of the content in this week's update all at once, and it includes one large display that's not available for sale as a separate item.

ohww i get it now thank you so much for explaining me better no wonder i was lost bcusz is just for ppl w ios /: nd i have an android but i went to my account w my old iphone nd i saw it aready in da menu (: thank u

deekathleen
03-18-15, 01:35 PM
Is the blonde guy counter thing available separate? I don't see it to purchase?

jandtandn
03-18-15, 02:25 PM
Is the blonde guy counter thing available separate? I don't see it to purchase?

He is part of the display called The Urban. If you are playing on a Kindle, I think that is an Android device, so that would not have been available to you because the bundles have been iOS only.

deekathleen
03-18-15, 05:23 PM
He is part of the display called The Urban. If you are playing on a Kindle, I think that is an Android device, so that would not have been available to you because the bundles have been iOS only.

Ah okay :(
Thanks