PDA

View Full Version : Are barrack adventures the same as castle adventures?

kralovna19
02-08-15, 06:55 AM
I am debating over whether or not to get the barracks. Are the adventures the same as castle adventures or are they different? In what other ways are the barracks useful other than the royal points?

burritosprings
02-08-15, 07:00 AM
They are basically the same. Special adventures during events do not show up in the Barrack usually. But all the storyline adventures do. Castle is 1 day return. Barracks is 2 days. Very much worth the Gems.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59438-The-Barracks

roguebee
02-08-15, 07:02 AM
Yes, the adventures are the same, they just take twice as long. Main complaint is that not all the special events allow you to do a quest that counts from the Barracks. Seems hit or miss when you can and can't.

Anaboe
02-08-15, 09:15 AM
Imo not worth the gems, since I can't keep up making feasts. Trying to stuck up, so I haven't sent out an adventure in weeks, not in my Barracks, not in my Castle.

meme1098
02-08-15, 01:03 PM
My kitchens (& now bakery) are constantly cooking ingredients for feasts. I have 20+ of each feast & send out an adventure from my Keep everyday except Thursday (waiting on the goal). I don't have the Barracks & never felt the need for it.

ciarjen
02-08-15, 01:09 PM
My barracks has paid for itself and more with the extra gems I get from doing adventures so it was a worthwhile investment.

And there's the extra energy too from the adventures.

Since we have had the winter bakery and table that drops feasts, I have been able to keep up with making feasts for both keep and barracks.

orleansparish
02-08-15, 01:16 PM
Since they take two days you'd think they would give something extra special. They don't. Not worth the cost but Im Happy I have it because I like doing the adventures to see what I can find.

ShibuyaCloth
02-08-15, 01:57 PM
Barracks is the best when confronted with timed quests that require adventures. really helps to have a boost.

SpiritWind00
02-08-15, 02:06 PM
I agree it's a good investment in the long run.

burritosprings
02-08-15, 03:41 PM
My kitchens (& now bakery) are constantly cooking ingredients for feasts. I have 20+ of each feast & send out an adventure from my Keep everyday except Thursday (waiting on the goal). I don't have the Barracks & never felt the need for it.

Your situation is the perfect reason to have Barracks.. the people who cannot keep up with feasts should maybe wait. But having a ancient vault going in Barracks and the more intense ones going in the Castle is best of both worlds..if both worlds were on a time zone with 22 hours difference :cool:

meme1098
02-08-15, 03:50 PM
Your situation is the perfect reason to have Barracks.. the people who cannot keep up with feasts should maybe wait. But having a ancient vault going in Barracks and the more intense ones going in the Castle is best of both worlds..if both worlds were on a time zone with 22 hours difference :cool:

Haha yea! One of these days....maybe. But my gems are waiting for something else that might catch my eye...lol

Liloze
02-08-15, 03:53 PM

I agree totally.
It is a good investment in the long run.
I send daily from both Barracks & Queen's Court, except on Thursdays (for updates)
I now have 30 of all kinds of feasts required for all adventures, and try not to get below that number.
The Bountiful table and 2 Bakeries helped alot.
For me it was a very good investment, I don't regret spending gems on it!
Though I must say, in all honesty, I am maxed out on almost everything,
The returns from adventures ( Across the Desert/ Dark cave / Plume Hive ) are not what they used to be ;)
I almost get nothing from the ancient vault and hunt the roaming bandits with a bit of energy lol :D

arikasi
02-08-15, 11:01 PM
Going to guestimate some napkin math here. You don't get gems from every adventure.

Across the Desert Sands 0-8 gems
Dark Caves 0-7 gems (but mostly 3 or 5)
Roaming bandits 0-5 (but I mostly see 0-3)
Ancient vault (cant quite recall) 0-3? And mostly 1

The barracks cost was it 360? So it depends what adventures you find you can do most. I mostly do Desert Sands and Dark Caves thanks to the bakery and feasting table. So I probably get gems hmm every other adventure and mostly about 5 gems at a time, 5 gems every 4 days, 360/5 = 72 cycles,72*4 = 288 days. So its going to take the better part of a year to pay for itself. How long are you going to be playing this game?

I bought it for the extra chance of special box items.

Valkyrie2018
06-08-18, 12:08 PM
I played CS a few years back until game started crashing Everytime I tried do do anything. I think I just needed an updated device). But, I got the barracks free, somehow. Is that no longer a possibility? I am 100% positive I did not pay gems for barracks. I did love having it though. I also remember getting much better harvests from quests, ie Citrus trees, Glimmerdust troves and more. Now I mostly get decorations to store. ..if we must Buy barracks, why does it allow us to make Spicy Feasts???? I am stockpiling those for what?

AnnirasSweets
06-08-18, 02:39 PM
I played CS a few years back until game started crashing Everytime I tried do do anything. I think I just needed an updated device). But, I got the barracks free, somehow. Is that no longer a possibility? I am 100% positive I did not pay gems for barracks. I did love having it though. I also remember getting much better harvests from quests, ie Citrus trees, Glimmerdust troves and more. Now I mostly get decorations to store. ..if we must Buy barracks, why does it allow us to make Spicy Feasts???? I am stockpiling those for what?

I know the Barrack's been on sale for a very reduced gem price before, but I don't ever recall it being entirely free. The original adventure building we purchase (the King's Keep or Queen's Court) is for coins but the Barracks was always a gem purchase. I think it's mostly due to the fact that it's an optional building that provides extra materials so we have to pay for it. One of the few items that I always thought to be worth the gem price tag. As for the Spicy Feasts... I don't understand the issue. Any adventures available at the Barracks are available at your main Keep/Court so any meals you make will be of use there.

MoonVillage3
06-08-18, 04:08 PM

As Anniras said.. the Barracks has always been on sale, at least since I've been playing. It's an optional building. The adventure called Explore Dark Caves require a Spicy Feast to be used, but there's no possibility of preparing them in the barracks.. only in the Kitchens or Cooking Camp.

podunkiana
06-11-18, 09:22 AM
Fur Burrow Adventure in Barracks is only 22 hours

Ginnyfe
06-13-18, 01:45 AM
Lately we've gotten items that drop feasts. One of the gnomes does, the monthraki warrior and the guard dogs that came with a new walker, I think.