PDA

View Full Version : Beat up the lovecupine? New valentine goal?

anniebird81
02-06-15, 01:19 PM
THE PINK LOVECUPINE
The Wedding Alicorn and Pink Alicorn may trigger a new goal which asks you to beat up a pink Lovecupine. You get this goal as the wedding alicorn is considered a pink animal.
Note:
1. you do NOT need to make a second sword.... you already have one in your inventory.
2. the 5 lovecupines will be activated upon collection of a pink animal. It's random and rare to spawn one and this goal may take a couple of months.
3. collect as often as you can from your pink animal.
4. do not contact Support, they cannot help you as it is not a bug.

I've copied this here from the Pink Alicorn thread to help...
thanks,
SpiritWind00
1 May, 2015

__________________________________________________ ___
annibird81 original post:

I am a level 41 player...I do not have a Love Shack....sniff.

I just collected from my Wedding Alicorn and a LOVECUPINE popped up with some dialog.

There is a new goal in the blue book...Beat up the LOVECUPINE? You need to whack 5 of them for a reward.

Is this part of a new Valentine goal? I'm hoping

ShibuyaCloth
02-06-15, 01:34 PM
I have not yet collected from my alicorn. However havind plenty of valentine items to collect from, I have plenty of occasions to wax a lovecupine.

shambalaya
02-06-15, 01:38 PM
Sorry, but this goal does not lead to other goals :-(

meme1098
02-06-15, 02:47 PM
You can also get a lovecupine when collecting from Pinkie, the pink alicorn.

aruebea
02-06-15, 02:57 PM

I am level 41, collected from wedding alicorn, did not receive this goal.

anniebird81
02-06-15, 04:33 PM

I know...but I don't have anything pink...it's just a crazy goal that popped up, hehe

I want Pink...I have no Pink..

I thought I might be tired after the 24 hr exchange marathon...but there is a PINK quest in my blue book...sheesh..haha

roguebee
02-06-15, 04:33 PM
I don't think this is a new goal associated with the update, but rather an old one from last year triggered by first collection from a pink animal or decoration.

kooky panda
02-06-15, 05:38 PM
I am a level 41 player...I do not have a Love Shack....sniff.

I just collected from my Wedding Alicorn and a LOVECUPINE popped up with some dialog.

There is a new goal in the blue book...Beat up the LOVECUPINE? You need to whack 5 of them for a reward.

Is this part of a new Valentine goal? I'm hoping
Here is last years goal.
Is it the same one currently in your game?

I will check on this.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/castle%20story%20february%202013%20%20update/Valentine%20Edition/Copy22.jpg

anniebird81
02-06-15, 05:58 PM
Here is last years goal.
Is it the same one currently in your game?

I will check on this.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/castle%20story%20february%202013%20%20update/Valentine%20Edition/Copy22.jpg

I wish I knew how to attach a photo...but it looks similar to last years EXCEPT..

Thomas Dialog: "Pehaps we could learn more if you clobber a few of those pink Skunupines!"
Craft A Homemade sword is the same ( I also noticed the ability to craft this in my workshop even though I already had one and Thomas checked it off)
beat Up the Lovecupines! Requires 5 not 1 as previously needed

Collecting from my Wedding Alicorn the first time triggered this goal.

Also, I started collecting from wheat and sugar and have only triggered the blue ones. I have nothing Pink, except Wedding Alicorn...if that's Pink, to trigger Lovecupines.

REWARD: +2000 coin and 4 XP
Thanks for all your help!

SpiritWind00
02-07-15, 04:32 AM
If you collect from your wedding Alicorn and trigger a Lovecupine, this is quite normal. You get a separate goal to beat up 5 lovies. If you get this goal, chances are this is the only pink animal you have in your kingdom. The goal may take you a while but it doesn't lead on to any other goals. The same thing happened last year when new pink animals were released.

anniebird81
02-07-15, 09:34 PM
If you collect from your wedding Alicorn and trigger a Lovecupine, this is quite normal. You get a separate goal to beat up 5 lovies. If you get this goal, chances are this is the only pink animal you have in your kingdom. The goal may take you a while but it doesn't lead on to any other goals. The same thing happened last year when new pink animals were released.

Thanks so much for checking on this for me...I guess it's going to take awhile with no pink animals or plants...but it's all good...cheers!

meme1098
02-07-15, 09:38 PM
Thanks so much for checking on this for me...I guess it's going to take awhile with no pink animals or plants...but it's all good...cheers!

Not to worry. Each time you tap the W-Alicorn you'll have the chance of spawning another lovecupine. Eventually you'll complete the goal. :)

kellbell710
02-07-15, 10:22 PM
So is this the Valentines Day goal? Or has it not happened yet?

SpiritWind00
02-08-15, 03:50 AM

The wedding and the wedding alicorn are core story, not the valentine goal. Maybe this week? Keep an eye out on the sneak peek thread. :)

kellbell710
02-08-15, 08:36 AM
Thank you :)

kooky panda
02-09-15, 11:56 AM

I did get confirmation on this..

This Goal (from last year), actually does not expire. Since the Wedding Alicorn has a chance of having a Lovecupine attack you, new users can have a chance to complete the Lovecupine Goals.

oledoeeyes
02-09-15, 04:43 PM
My wedding Alicorn has disappeared!! How do you get it back??

trippmom4
02-09-15, 05:47 PM
Mine disappeared too. Someone please look into this!!

reliquary
02-09-15, 06:03 PM
So riddle me this......what if you got this goal while tapping the now stolen alicorn?

88silver
02-09-15, 06:31 PM
Now that my Alicorn is gone, am I really going to be stuck with this quest in my questbook (and the sword in my workshop options) until I reach a high enough level to earn the wedding Alicorn back? Rather than taking the Alicorn, it could have at least been replaced with an item that would spawn Lovecupines so that we're not stuck with impossible goals.

PJColley
03-12-15, 08:48 AM
I have seen so many players questioning where to find Lovecupines to accomplish the "Beat Up The Lovecupine" goal. Most of them have NO pink plants, animals, or buildings. If the Wedding Alicorn is the ONLY way of possibly spawning a Lovecupine, most of them will not be able to find a Lovecupine for MONTHS. I'm way past this goal, in both my kingdoms, but I know it is very frustrating for the other players who are asking me about it. Surely S8 can provide a simple remedy for this, such as a new flower?

SpiritWind00
03-12-15, 07:38 PM
As previously posted, the pink unicorn did the same thing last year and will do the same thing this time for the newer players when they've finished crafting pinkie. A lovecupine will trigger (randomly) at some stage. The wedding alicorn will also trigger a lovecupine. This triggers one set of goals which means that you just have to wait and keep collecting from one/both of those animals and the lovies will eventually spawn. There is already a remedy... collect from a pink unicorn or white wedding alicorn.

Buzzykinzz
03-16-15, 01:42 PM
As previously posted, the pink unicorn did the same thing last year and will do the same thing this time for the newer players when they've finished crafting pinkie. A lovecupine will trigger (randomly) at some stage. The wedding alicorn will also trigger a lovecupine. This triggers one set of goals which means that you just have to wait and keep collecting from one/both of those animals and the lovies will eventually spawn. There is already a remedy... collect from a pink unicorn or white wedding alicorn.

I was able to get the 2nd go around to build Pinkie goal last month. TY TL Woo Hoo!!!
This is what popped up after @ my 5th collection from Pinkie. (I dont have wedding alcorn :-( )
http://i57.tinypic.com/24b0v2g.png. (Lets see If i did the tiny pic thing right) LOL

??? So am i right that this Luvecupine goal will stay until the Lovely Pinkie (or in other cases the Wedding alcorn) has spawned the 5th & FINAL Lovecupine for those of us that built Pinkie in Feb?? If so maybe i might see the final one by this Fall!! LOL

meme1098
03-16-15, 01:54 PM
Yes...just keep tapping Pinkie and eventually you'll have destroyed all 5 required.

senshin
03-16-15, 04:29 PM
I guess I should be excited to have managed to get two pink skunkupines already, they are pretty cute! Err, except for the fact that I slayed them.

qunadrock
03-18-15, 11:14 PM
Im in the same boat. A lovecupine spawned on my 2nd collection from my new pink Alicorn, and now I have the beat up a lovecupine goal. Someone said that the players that recently got their Alicorn, white or pink, now have a chance to complete these goals. But I'm unclear on what the next goal would be after finishing beating 5 Lovecupines? Does another goal come up? Is it worth beating them as they spawn for any special item, or is it the same as the the regular skunkupines? I'm thinking of skipping for gems unless the Lovecupines could drop something I may need....pls help!

GarfieldandPookie
03-18-15, 11:21 PM
There is no next goal and you do not get any special items from the pink Skunkupines. I would just keep collecting from the pink alicorn and eventually you will finish the goal. I wouldn't waste any gems skipping it.

qunadrock
03-18-15, 11:24 PM
That's the answer I was looking for! Just wanted to make sure something bigger wasn't coming :) thank you!

bentleyboy01
03-26-15, 05:55 PM
i just got a new goal to beat up 5 pink lovecupines, is this a new goal or an old one I just got?

burritosprings
03-26-15, 06:22 PM
i just got a new goal to beat up 5 pink lovecupines, is this a new goal or an old one I just got?

I think its an old code faux paux.

burritosprings
03-26-15, 06:22 PM
Do u have pinkie?

GarfieldandPookie
03-26-15, 06:29 PM
No, this is not a coding error. Do you have a Wedding Alicorn or Pink Alicorn? If you have one, then collecting from them triggered the goal. You just need to keep collecting from them and eventually you will finish the goal.

burritosprings
03-26-15, 06:38 PM
No, this is not a coding error. Do you have a Wedding Alicorn or Pink Alicorn? If you have one, then collecting from them triggered the goal. You just need to keep collecting from them and eventually you will finish the goal.

Its stiil bad coding. Why a new goal when it was done a year ago???

PraxisOfGood
03-26-15, 06:41 PM
Because it wasn't an event-based quest. Pink things spawn lovecupines all the time, it's just that we newbies are the only people who only own one pink thing so finishing the quest is going to take a long time.

burritosprings
03-26-15, 06:47 PM

What did you tap on?

gunnysmum
03-26-15, 06:56 PM
What did you tap on?

Me too! I have a goal to beat more up. And to build a wooden sword. Is this right?

droopy123love
03-27-15, 12:12 AM
Me too! I have a goal to beat more up. And to build a wooden sword. Is this right?

Thats right, it takes only a minute to make the sword, i just have to spawn and take down 1 more lovecupine to finish the goal.

GarfieldandPookie
03-27-15, 12:55 AM
You don't have to build the sword. The sword that you built to fight the original/normal skunkupine will work.

bentleyboy01
03-27-15, 02:38 AM
thank you for all your answers, the first pink skunk pine came from either the pink Alicorn or flowers I had tapped on them both and wasn't really watching when it appeared. I didn't have to make a sword as it was in my inventory from a previous quest.

robotparade
03-30-15, 08:54 AM
Me too. I have Pinkie Alicorn but nothing else pink. I got the goal, and so far I have fought 2 Loveupines as a result of collecting from Pinkie (over a month).

DragonThruTime
04-02-15, 05:46 AM
This goal popped up last night. Has anyone else received this? I tried to find it in a search here but couldn't. I also quickly looked at the alphabetical listing for lovecupine and pink skunkupine....nada. However, maybe I'm using the wrong search words.

Anywho..... I'm thinking it must be part of the pink alicorn line (for those who already didn't have it from a previous valentine event) because I believe it was when I tapped the pink alicorn to collect that it appeared although I can't swear to that because I had tapped several things. (Wow, that's a long sentence! Lol)

The goal requires that a wooden sword be crafted (which I must have already had from a previous goal because it was ready to go) and that 5 lovecupines be beat up. The reward is 2000 coins and 4 stars.

I wonder if it's the first of a series of goals with maybe a lovecupine as a reward??? Maybe???

tigarlilyvol
04-02-15, 05:59 AM
This goal popped up last night. Has anyone else received this? I tried to find it in a search here but couldn't. I also quickly looked at the alphabetical listing for lovecupine and pink skunkupine....nada. However, maybe I'm using the wrong search words.

Anywho..... I'm thinking it must be part of the pink alicorn line (for those who already didn't have it from a previous valentine event) because I believe it was when I tapped the pink alicorn to collect that it appeared although I can't swear to that because I had tapped several things. (Wow, that's a long sentence! Lol)

The goal requires that a wooden sword be crafted (which I must have already had from a previous goal because it was ready to go) and that 5 lovecupines be beat up. The reward is 2000 coins and 4 stars.

I wonder if it's the first of a series of goals with maybe a lovecupine as a reward??? Maybe???
It was part of Valentine goal that has expired. When you clicked on pink alicorn it triggered this goal. It doesn' go anywhere now. You can leave it and hope anything pink you have will trigger another lovecupine to fight or gem past it or just ignore it in your goal book.

tabskingdom
04-02-15, 06:01 AM
I think it's a mistake because I got one to from collecting from my pink alicorn and some long time players have told me that that was last years valentines goal I beat up one and paid gems to skip the other four or five ur supposed to beat and there was nothing else after that so it was a waste of gems I should of asked before I did it because nothing comes of it I just think they didn't take that part out

DragonThruTime
04-02-15, 06:16 AM
Oh ok. That's all good to know. Thanks to both of you.

queentina3
04-02-15, 06:42 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80164-Lovecupine

That is a link to a thread that was just a few posts below this one. Maybe instead of using the search function you can scan the first page or two to see if someone's already opened up a thread or check the HUB, as it most likely will have the answer to any question you could possibly think to ask. SW has done a wonderful job at keeping that updated for us all. :)

DragonThruTime
04-02-15, 07:34 AM
I did scan the first page....the first two, in fact. I guess my eye must have skipped over it. Thanks for the link.

meme1098
04-02-15, 04:45 PM
I think it's a mistake because I got one to from collecting from my pink alicorn and some long time players have told me that that was last years valentines goal I beat up one and paid gems to skip the other four or five ur supposed to beat and there was nothing else after that so it was a waste of gems I should of asked before I did it because nothing comes of it I just think they didn't take that part out

It's not a mistake, it's a goal that pops up from pink items, animals included.

You will eventually get the lovecupines from clicking on the pink ali & the wedding ali, so don't waste your gems skipping the goal.

bethuhknee_
04-05-15, 12:29 PM
I actually emailed support when this popped up for me because it's been several weeks of collecting from my pink Alicorn and wedding Alicorn daily, and still no more Lovecupines. I completed this goal last year, so I thought it was an error. Support says it's not, but apparently my particular game just isn't going to turn out lovecupines.

SpiritWind00
04-05-15, 03:44 PM
I actually emailed support when this popped up for me because it's been several weeks of collecting from my pink Alicorn and wedding Alicorn daily, and still no more Lovecupines. I completed this goal last year, so I thought it was an error. Support says it's not, but apparently my particular game just isn't going to turn out lovecupines.

They are very rare, but they will come. Just collect as often as you can.

jaymieb2
04-10-15, 01:12 PM
Thank you for posting this question! I received the same goal last week. I had never seen a lovecupine before and have no Valentine's decorations or flowers, so I didn't know what triggered the goal or how to complete it. It must have been the pink alicorn. Mystery solved! Thank you! :-)

akocek
04-15-15, 07:56 AM
I received this goal about a month ago and also received 2 pink lovecupines very quickly and have not had another one. As an Android player, I wasn't able to start playing this game until late 2014 and so I never was able to get most of the pink items that others have. I did complete the pink alicorn goal however. I'm guessing collecting from it is now the only way I can get a lovecupine to show up?

mehershey
04-15-15, 11:37 AM
Does everyone who recently got the pink alicorn get this goal? I've collecting regularly from mine since I got it over a month ago and that goal has not appeared.

meme1098
04-15-15, 11:50 AM
Just keep tapping the pink Ali & the wedding Ali every day...they will spawn eventually. This game is all about patience! Just continue to do your normal play each day & ignore the goal. Eventually you'll get it done.

bookadey
04-24-15, 05:19 PM
Just got this goal today and was hoping it was a goal chain that would eventually lead to the love shack. Maybe next year...

SHINeeFan23
04-30-15, 07:42 AM
Does everyone who recently got the pink alicorn get this goal? I've collecting regularly from mine since I got it over a month ago and that goal has not appeared.

I'm late but I just got this goal. I got my pink alicorn when it came back & Its been what a month or so already? I collected from it just now & a lovecupine appeared.

mistletoe63
05-24-15, 01:31 AM
I finally finished beating 5 pink lovecupine a couple of months after getting the alicorn and was expecting to get a lovecupine for my kingdom. But after I finished the goal, it just disappeared from my book and I didn't get the animal. Is it supposed to be like that? After waiting to beat that lovecupine from the pink alicorn, just nothing???

SpiritWind00
05-24-15, 03:29 AM
I finally finished beating 5 pink lovecupine a couple of months after getting the alicorn and was expecting to get a lovecupine for my kingdom. But after I finished the goal, it just disappeared from my book and I didn't get the animal. Is it supposed to be like that? After waiting to beat that lovecupine from the pink alicorn, just nothing???

that's right... The goal was originally a step in getting the pink alicorn. As I've written elsewhere, the goal leads nowhere. The lovecupine is another beastie, like fang beasts and skunkupines. You don't get to keep one. :) bit of an anticlimax isn't it.

tuffyjkitten
05-26-15, 09:57 AM
that's right... The goal was originally a step in getting the pink alicorn. As I've written elsewhere, the goal leads nowhere. The lovecupine is another beastie, like fang beasts and skunkupines. You don't get to keep one. :) bit of an anticlimax isn't it.

Very anticlimactic! I just got this to pop up today (I did the re-release pink alicorn this year) and was all excited. I thought Pepe was going to get a little pink girlfriend. :(

lubok
08-01-15, 08:45 AM
My pink alicorn has triggerred this goal soon after I had got him and...
I still have not ****ed my fifth lovecupine so far.

THE PINK LOVECUPINE[COLOR=#990066]

1. you do NOT need to make a second sword.... you already have one in your inventory.

Haha!
With this stupid goal, all these months through I am having the wooden sword in first place in my workshop. I've made two swords accidentially, instead of wooden beams. And earlier, I've made one just to see what happens then. So now I've got four!!!:D