PDA

View Full Version : Locked by expansion..

deucedeuce22
02-05-15, 07:00 AM
What is the point of this? I just hit 35, and now I can't learn any of the new recipes until I do expansion 8? Now fortunately I had already started the expansion, but now I'm waiting another 20 hours before I can even progress? That doesn't seem fair.

mbosch0516
02-06-15, 05:38 AM
Waiting to expand also, but because I can't get hammers or shovels. Where do they come from??

mamareader02
02-13-15, 12:16 PM
Also level 45 recipes require expansion 12

queentina3
02-13-15, 12:32 PM
Waiting to expand also, but because I can't get hammers or shovels. Where do they come from??

From Cid and good luck getting a shovel from him. I've been waiting weeks and he's yet to give me a shovel so I can expand my garden. That goal is going to sit there staring me in the face forever, as he doesn't seem to drop shovels to my restaurant. Gems, no problem, boards and hammers, yup, gives me those as well, but a SHOVEL? Nope, no shovel for queentina! *kicks Cid in the shins*

auntagonist
02-13-15, 04:34 PM
I've had to delete many shovels and boards that were taking up space. I used to have to delete nails, but now those seem to be a rare drop for me, and the main thing holding me back from shop expansions.

queentina3
02-13-15, 04:39 PM
I've had to delete many shovels and boards that were taking up space. I used to have to delete nails, but now those seem to be a rare drop for me, and the main thing holding me back from shop expansions.

*whimpers* Delete shovels? Aghast, the horror!

:p

ongakuonna
02-13-15, 04:47 PM
Also level 45 recipes require expansion 12

Are you sure it's not higher than 12? I have expansion 12 unlocked but my lvl 45 recipes are still "locked by expansion" for me. Maybe my game glitched them?

WinnyWoos
02-13-15, 05:59 PM
Are you sure it's not higher than 12? I have expansion 12 unlocked but my lvl 45 recipes are still "locked by expansion" for me. Maybe my game glitched them?

AHHHHH!!!! EXPANSION 12???? Holy moly, I've been asking everyone lv 42 and above if they remembered having to have expansion 9 completed before you can unlock the drink machine and its recipes but my guess is I'm wayyyyy off and probably need 10 or 11 huh? Sighhhhhhhhhhh

mamareader02
02-13-15, 06:27 PM

You're prob right-I just got to level 45,wow! So it's higher than 12?!cause I haven't expanded to 12(I just assumed)

rosewaterlily
02-13-15, 07:25 PM
Wow, better prioritize expansion soon. I'm at level 42 and need three nails for expansion 11 and a bunch of coins I don't have since I learned two recipes today, argh. Anyone have the requirements for expansion 12? Should I be hoarding my planks?

ongakuonna
02-13-15, 08:08 PM
Wow, better prioritize expansion soon. I'm at level 42 and need three nails for expansion 11 and a bunch of coins I don't have since I learned two recipes today, argh. Anyone have the requirements for expansion 12? Should I be hoarding my planks?

http://i.imgur.com/CRMRZJ1l.png

http://i.imgur.com/mFLY4Uul.png

The game likes to keep me at 24 blueprints I guess lol

Planks aren't needed at all for 12, but they will be for 13.

rosewaterlily
02-13-15, 09:08 PM
Thanks! Guess it's safe to delete a few planks when my toolbox gets full then--I have 27 and expansion 11 requires zero planks.

mamareader02
02-21-15, 08:16 AM
Level 45 recipes unlock at expansion 13-positive this time ,but save your onions when you're close,2 of the recipes require them

WinnyWoos
02-21-15, 12:38 PM

You're in way better shape then me! I'm level 42 and just got enough blueprints for my 9th expansion. I think my Cid is broke:confused: Or just stingy with the blueprints:rolleyes:

mommydiner2
02-25-15, 07:09 AM
Level 45 recipes unlock at expansion 13-positive this time ,but save your onions when you're close,2 of the recipes require them

So do you need to have level 13 expansion completed to unlock the recipes or level 12 ? Seems crazy to be level 13!!
Thanks

mamareader02
02-25-15, 07:38 AM
So do you need to have level 13 expansion completed to unlock the recipes or level 12 ? Seems crazy to be level 13!!
Thanks

Expansion 13 must be completed

mommydiner2
02-25-15, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the depressing news :)-

WinnyWoos
02-26-15, 09:56 PM

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, ALL recipes that become available are locked by exp 13 when you get to lv 45? Making anything new at lv 45 and up (recipes/ingredients) unobtainable until we have completed the 13th exp, right?

nmishii
02-26-15, 10:11 PM
Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, ALL recipes that become available are locked by exp 13 when you get to lv 45? Making anything new at lv 45 and up (recipes/ingredients) unobtainable until we have completed the 13th exp, right?

Just Coq au Vin, Baked Onion Soup, and Ratatouille are locked at Level 45. Level 46 recipes don't have that requirement. Can't speak for higher levels. I'm at expansion 10 and after reading this thread it's going to take me forever to get to expansion 13 :(

ellyse99
02-26-15, 11:43 PM
Just Coq au Vin, Baked Onion Soup, and Ratatouille are locked at Level 45. Level 46 recipes don't have that requirement. Can't speak for higher levels. I'm at expansion 10 and after reading this thread it's going to take me forever to get to expansion 13 :(

Only these 3 recipes are locked by expansion. I'm already level 49 and can confirm no other recipes are locked this way, and I'm waiting to go for expansion 12 once I get enough nails.
Heads up, nice "surprise" on the experience needed to level up once you get to level 49...! Looks like I'll never get to level 56 to get the 21st counter-top...

orleansparish
02-27-15, 07:24 AM
Only these 3 recipes are locked by expansion. I'm already level 49 and can confirm no other recipes are locked this way, and I'm waiting to go for expansion 12 once I get enough nails.
Heads up, nice "surprise" on the experience needed to level up once you get to level 49...! Looks like I'll never get to level 56 to get the 21st counter-top...

All games allow you to get xp points but make it seem Unreachable. Point being, should they ever raise the cap your progress will move along with the levels. It isn't really a huge deal, as there is more to do than get to a certain number. At lease for me there is.

I just used my last gems to do expansion 10 I believe it is. Or maybe it's 11. Is there a way to know? I was too lazy to save more coins and want to get my shop as large as humanely possible. Depending on my mood I may get more gems later. The 1400 I got a month or so back did me well. Bought some appliances, Decor, expanded shops and my size. It lasted long enough. I just need to see more in the game, before I commit more money.

tiggerhobbes
02-27-15, 07:29 AM
All games allow you to get xp points but make it seem Unreachable. Point being, should they ever raise the cap your progress will move along with the levels. It isn't really a huge deal, as there is more to do than get to a certain number. At lease for me there is.

I just used my last gems to do expansion 10 I believe it is. Or maybe it's 11. Is there a way to know? I was too lazy to save more coins and want to get my shop as large as humanely possible. Depending on my mood I may get more gems later. The 1400 I got a month or so back did me well. Bought some appliances, Decor, expanded shops and my size. It lasted long enough. I just need to see more in the game, before I commit more money.
That's pretty much how I feel too. I like the game enough, I don't care about leveling, but I do care that there are more features as I keep playing. I've been getting more coins now that I'm cooking more expensive dishes and will run out of things to unlock soon. Ive just started spending on decorations and more expansion now, I know it's a new game but hopefully they release more recipes and stoves and counters etc soon as more and more players are hitting the cap.

mamareader02
02-27-15, 08:04 AM
It's my fave game now,so I also hope they unlock those "coming soon" features,I still have lots to upgrade and expanding to do,so def not bored yet,,but they need to start unlocking those features to keep players interested

tiggerhobbes
02-27-15, 08:14 AM
Haha, we lured the most eager and impatient forumite out of her game play :p

You're right, it's about time they reveal what's those cordoned off "coming soon" real estates all about!

mamareader02
02-27-15, 09:09 AM
Haha, we lured the most eager and impatient forumite out of her game play :p

You're right, it's about time they reveal what's those cordoned off "coming soon" real estates all about!

Lmbo-guess I'm getting a rep,thought only Kooky knew my level of impatienceness!i also did some cleaning alongside my morning playtime,yay me!(I seriously hope we get an update today that isn't just decor,didn't do the Chinese new year one as it was only decor and no new oven)

jrlamour
03-29-15, 12:30 AM
Ok, I just did expansion 13 and the recipes are still locked? What expansion level do they unlock at?

Aud2007
03-29-15, 03:57 AM
It's expansion 14 now; this was one of the changes that came with the update.

clarity625
03-29-15, 05:08 PM
Oh, dear! I'm at level 44 1/2. I barely managed to do 9th expansion in order to fix Fruit Market.

fatbearsecondary
04-01-15, 09:00 AM
It's expansion 14 now; this was one of the changes that came with the update.

Anyone know what's required for Exp 14? Trying to decide what to save up, how much to kick myself for deleting various parts...

sweetcharts
04-03-15, 12:11 PM
Ugh, sfogaliatelle is also locked by expansion. I am level 23 but what expansion do you need to do to unlock sfogaliatelle cookies?

Aud2007
04-03-15, 06:49 PM
I needed 14 expansions to unlock the final recipes; it used to be 13, but they changed it.

caramelhotfudge
05-14-15, 09:25 PM
Hi! Anybody knows what's the latest expansion to be at to unlock Coq au Vin, Baked Onion Soup, and Ratatouille? Cause I'm currently at expansion 13. Wondering if there's any changes after the latest update :/

queentina3
05-15-15, 04:39 AM
Hi! Anybody knows what's the latest expansion to be at to unlock Coq au Vin, Baked Onion Soup, and Ratatouille? Cause I'm currently at expansion 13. Wondering if there's any changes after the latest update :/

You still have to do the 14th expansion before those will open up. I'm stuck there as well and waiting on CID to drop the rest of the items I need to expand.

caramelhotfudge
05-16-15, 02:55 AM
Thanks queentina3! You're right! Just did expansion 14 and unlocked the remaining recipes! Was so afraid that TL might change the requirement to expansion 15 or above with the latest update...

cocoquillette
05-22-15, 08:34 AM
I still need the equivalent of 200 gems in hammers and blueprints and that's only for expansion 13 :(
I am wondering if I'll even get to cook ratatouille!!!!
To see the bright side, I don't need to make that much money anymore as Cid is slowing me down anyway so I can use my street market :)

Eleesaw
09-17-15, 06:25 AM
Lev49 waiting for expansion 14 to finish. What expansion is ratatouille unlocked at?

Eleesaw
09-17-15, 06:27 AM
Mine didn't unlock at 13

mermaidzen
10-13-15, 01:28 AM
Arr only just done expansion 12 and that was with gems as was hoping to get the recipes. I waited to get the oven knowing that most dishes couldn't be done till expansion. And I've got goals coming up that need them. Guess it will be a while

dalexxx
10-13-15, 06:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CRMRZJ1l.png

http://i.imgur.com/mFLY4Uul.png

The game likes to keep me at 24 blueprints I guess lol

The above requirement for expansion 12 is now my requirement for expansion 13 :/

kooky panda
10-13-15, 10:44 AM
12- 12 Blueprints, 284,000 coins, 25 Nails, 6 Hammers
13-13 blueprints, 380,000 coins, 7 hammers, 3 shovels

The above are the correct expansions. See Game Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76788-Restaurant-Story-2-Guide&p=1029956&viewfull=1#post1029956)

Closing this thread since the expansions have been changed since this was first posted.