PDA

View Full Version : EXPANSION: Treent of Life - 2015 Feb 5

Pages : [1] 2

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 03:28 PM
they've updated it! there is a little fella dancing around in that plot that was previously inaccessible as of right now.

i can't figure out how to access it or interact with it yet, but i thought i'd point it out.

(i'll upload a picture in a moment!)

edit: also right behind the tree of life, there's yet another animal! THIS one can be expanded to.

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 03:29 PM

It's where the non expandable area was. New element coming??

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 03:31 PM
18068And this! The dark island! Finally!!

RocioBM
02-04-15, 03:34 PM
New animals and expansions! Cool :)

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 03:37 PM
all right, everyone beat me to it! LMAO they look really great tbh, so i'm excited to see where this goes.

i'm wondering why we can't get to the little green planty type, but i'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough. the bigger question is, how many expansions did they give us?

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 03:44 PM
This is very exciting! I really hope it is a new element. The orange one doesn't look very new or exciting but the flower one is different at least. I hope it is a new element with some NEW ANIMAL TYPES.

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 03:46 PM
This is very exciting! I really hope it is a new element. The orange one doesn't look very new or exciting but the flower one is different at least. I hope it is a new element with some NEW ANIMAL TYPES.

oh my goodness, same!! i'm especially excited about the plant animal because nothing about it looks remotely similar to anything else. it seems that we might actually have quite a few unique animals in our immediate future!

now if only it didn't take quite so long to earn 70+ runes... TT v TT

GreasedLightening
02-04-15, 03:58 PM
Ok was able to expand on new area one plot away from new creature. Takes 19 hours . still can't do anything with new creature on lower 14 though. Any ideas anyone?

Update in App Store. Now it says reach level 20 and expand to this new creature. Stupid me already expanded to new red area. So I guess it's a waiting game. Lol

Vodelle
02-04-15, 04:01 PM
Aww the little flower elemental thing looks so cute!

I'm curious to see how they'll handle expansions. I'm at the point where like, one expansion takes me like a week to get now. (And I'm not even that far in - I'm finishing up the green islands and I didn't even do most of the ice islands.)

A2TUDE
02-04-15, 04:07 PM
Wow some excitement yipppeeee

Vodelle
02-04-15, 04:13 PM
Oh yes, just saw the appstore update. The Treent of Life can be expanded to at lvl 20 (so can the other animal, but it doesn't give me the option to straight up expand to it. I suppose I would need to expand adjacent to it, first.)

But, uh, yikes!

10 million?? Is that just because I'm level 40 or because they're being annoying about this? A level 20 sure as hell ain't gonna have that cash. (And I've actually just hit level 40 recently, so I'm not really at the point where I have millions lying around.) Guess I'll have to save up...

keller63
02-04-15, 04:14 PM
well at least all got what they wanted, expansions.... finally, some peace

ETA: At lease Zenobia had the sense to stop in the BG, now he has some new elements to test out :)

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 04:15 PM
i'm actually a little confused. we can't get to the plant type animal (or at least i can't, and my lower island is entirely expanded), and there are currently no new animals listed in the shop anywhere.

if i remember correctly, the electric animals were at least in the shop even if you didn't expand to the leopard. the dark animals were listed with or without a skyger.

do you think they just threw the placeholders in there to wait for friday, when they'd put everything else in?

Vodelle
02-04-15, 04:16 PM
i'm actually a little confused. we can't get to the plant type animal (or at least i can't, and my lower island is entirely expanded), and there are currently no new animals listed in the shop anywhere.
Go to the appstore and update to the latest version - it should allow you to expand there. I don't see the animals/new elements in the store but I'm assuming they'll update it later.

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 04:17 PM
Oh yes, just saw the appstore update. The Treent of Life can be expanded to at lvl 20 (so can the other animal, but it doesn't give me the option to straight up expand to it. I suppose I would need to expand adjacent to it, first.)

But, uh, yikes!

10 million?? Is that just because I'm level 40 or because they're being annoying about this? A level 20 sure as hell ain't gonna have that cash. (And I've actually just hit level 40 recently, so I'm not really at the point where I have millions lying around.) Guess I'll have to save up...

HOLY moley that's a big number. that's a ridiculously big number what the heck. even with gem animals, that's way too much.

edit: are you fully expanded? i still have about six plots and it's just teasing me with the regular pricey 1mil. i hope it's just a glitch you're experiencing, though, because reading that number almost made my heart stop.

maidsama1999
02-04-15, 04:17 PM
I wonder what these new creatures are, they would most likely be new elements but I can't figure out what they would be. I just hope it's nothing ridiculous, like how DS started to add all of these weird, out of place elements. All of the permanent elements in FFS are natural, so what I've always wanted them to add is air, light and metal elements. I don't know what these two new animals could be, but I am curious to find out what they are. :)

Vodelle
02-04-15, 04:22 PM
HOLY moley that's a big number. that's a ridiculously big number what the heck. even with gem animals, that's way too much.

edit: are you fully expanded? i still have about six plots and it's just teasing me with the regular pricey 1mil. i hope it's just a glitch you're experiencing, though, because reading that number almost made my heart stop.

Nope, not fully expanded at all! As I said, I'm a relatively new level 40. All my other expansions are 1 million as well - this is the treent of life (new animal on the green/foresty bottom island) that popped up that number. ;_;

zenobia42
02-04-15, 04:25 PM
Has no one unlocked either new creature yet? I'm surprised at that! I would need to spend 128 gems to buy enough bombs to get enough runes to expand to the Treant so I'm waiting a bit. New element = wood, I guess? Any ideas what element the cute orange bunny-bird or whatever it is, on the purple island is?

This is so exciting! I just really wish we didn't have to wait to get SO many runes to expand to these guys. 70 runes x 4 expansions = 280 runes. If a typical bomb finds 2 runes, and each bomb takes 6 hours of breeding to make, that is 35 days [NOTE: that is DAYS not hours. It's 840 hours] worth of breeding to get there. :(

ETA: Now would be the perfect time for a package sale with RUNES... and one of the one-week limiteds that hasn't had a package yet (scarecrow or chimpala). I know *I* would buy that for $5, maybe possibly $10

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 04:28 PM
Nope, not fully expanded at all! As I said, I'm a relatively new level 40. All my other expansions are 1 million as well - this is the treent of life (new animal on the green/foresty bottom island) that popped up that number. ;_;

yeah, i read that and that's why i was wondering! it just made sense at first like 'oh, okay, everything else is covered, so that's just the price bump.' but then i reread it and i did a few double takes. that's absolutely nutty.

i don't understand why my game didn't update on its own like it usually does, either (and it's just as weird that it had the things in the first place without the update, so i have no idea what went on there), but my goodness. that's unfortunately no glitch-- mine says the same thing. so much for that hope, right?

baah. i don't even have enough runes to expand to this boy right now, or else i would just for the sake of information. hopefully somebody can get to that soonish, though i'm sure they will.

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 04:31 PM
10mil for me too. I'm so sorry to anyone that is going to be a problem for... I have 60mil currently, and will easily save 10 mil between expansions (since it takes so loooooooong to get runes), so my total coins probably won't even be significantly impacted by this.

However, good news for everyone, up on the dark island it's still 1 mil, and it looks like you'll be forced to expand to 3 plots to reach the new animal... which looks suspiciously like a clone.... :(

Who thinks the new tree is another tree of life? To hatch things? Maybe? I know a lot of people really wanted that - which would explain why it's so expensive.

I really hope the new element is something cool and different and unique. I don't think I can handle the disappointment if it sucks and is only clone animals! I've been waiting for the dark islands forever!!!

Also, I should be able to expand there soon! I marched a straight line over on the green island as soon as we got it because I figured something exciting was coming in that spot... I actually JUST got to the expansion before that one.... got some runes already saved... should be able to do it in a couple days, though I'm sure I won't be the first.

Drachenia
02-04-15, 04:35 PM
Hello I only read bad, I'm not reading anything good. I'm really glad about any new animal. I really enjoy the game, sees each animal look different and it's all about the fun we have. Why is it always this bad review, the team leader and his team strives to make the game interesting. But the work is not fun when you only get a bad review get.
Thank you team leader and team for this great extensions that for new animals.

zenobia42
02-04-15, 04:36 PM
Strange - neither of the new animals on expansions is available in the store yet. Usually when it's available by expansion, it is also available in the store for gems. Nor are they in my album. If we could see them in the store or album, we could see what elements they are.

The expansion to the Treent of Life is also 10 mil for me. Seems that is the price for that square. :/ i have 30 mil but still - I'm sure all players who started in the last few months, even if level 40 now, will have a very hard time saving up that extreme amount. And to have it "available" at level 20, but WAY impossible to get at that level is pretty uncool IMO.

ETA: Also strange - the message you get when you tap on the square on the purple island with the orange animal says, "Reach Level 20 and unlock the Lightning Leopard before expanding here!" What does the leopard have to do with it? Is it not a new element - is is a lightning hybrid? Or is it an old message they recycled and failed to change the text on?

Vodelle
02-04-15, 04:40 PM
Maybe you DO need to unlock the lightning leopard before it allows you to expand there? (After all, you get the LL before level 20, so it wouldn't really change much unless you dawdled in unlocking it.)

Hello I only read bad, I'm not reading anything good. I'm really glad about any new animal. I really enjoy the game, sees each animal look different and it's all about the fun we have. Why is it always this bad review, the team leader and his team strives to make the game interesting. But the work is not fun when you only get a bad review get.
Thank you team leader and team for this great extensions that for new animals.

I think this thread has been fairly optimistic so far?

The reason people criticize this game is because it's a job/company that makes money off of their work - and that includes things like clone animals which don't take much time to make. This isn't some kind of hobby they're doing in their free time.

cocauina
02-04-15, 04:42 PM
(...)

ETA: Also strange - the message you get when you tap on the square on the purple island with the orange animal says, "Reach Level 20 and unlock the Lightning Leopard before expanding here!" What does the leopard have to do with it? Is it not a new element - is is a lightning hybrid? Or is it an old message they recycled and failed to change the text on?

Probably this new animal, that I hope is a new element, needs the electric type unlocked. Don't know.

zenobia42
02-04-15, 04:47 PM
Maybe they want everyone to expand to the lightning leopard before the new orange animal because they want to make players do things in the correct order: start with fire, nature & earth. Expand and unlock water. Create dark. Expand & unlock electric. THEN a new element on the purple island. Maybe because each successive element's hybrids earn a little more than the one before and they want to preserve that order. So yeah, thanks, guys, it actually does make sense.

But then what is with the Treent of Life animal? It costs 10 mil but no restrictions on what elements you already have. Maybe it's not actually an animal but when you expand there it becomes a second nest? It has the same flowers in its branches/hair as the Tree of Life, it's 4 leaves are like the Tree of Life leaves, and this cutie has the same bark coloring. I'd LOVE a second nest - I think we all would - but that Treent is sooooo cute I want him to join my menagerie!!!!!

ETA: I got all excited, thinking that if we get a second nest, maybe they also finally made it so we can move the first nest/breeding garden. But no. It is still frozen in that really awkward spot. :(

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 04:49 PM
yeah, i noticed the oddities, too. the message could just be recycled, which is sensible enough - i've seen two glitched messages like that in the past in my own game, but of course i cleared out the screencaps because i never needed to use them, which i sorely regret so much right now - but i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought the lack of visible animals in the shop was unusual.

at least the treent has a name, and frankly, i would be totally willing to spend 10mil if it really grew into a second tree of life. though i can't say my morals would be happy with the idea of finding, raising, and nurturing a baby to turn it into a tool for animal hatching LMAO.

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 04:58 PM
Omg just woke up bc I am sick ... Gotta go and update the game

Thank you TL for the expansions and the new element

Hawksmoor
02-04-15, 05:00 PM
What's a Treent? Lower creature says "to unlock Treent of Life"...Treent is an odd word?

Hawksmoor
02-04-15, 05:01 PM
Omg just woke up bc I am sick ... Gotta go and update the game

Thank you TL for the expansions and the new element

Sorry you're sick Evi, hope you feel better soon!

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 05:02 PM
Hey guys new update in App Store and this new dude is available after you update his got a 36hr evolve and his habitat only holds one animal at 40,000

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 05:05 PM
Hey guys new update in App Store and this new dude is available after you update his got a 36hr evolve and his habitat only holds one animal at 40,000

Wow... that is a really cute habitat. Maybe it will somehow be another tree of life? I would LOVE to be able to breed two pairs at once but I doubt they will give us that. Or maybe this is another unique one element animal like the Treasure animals... just with a different special ability? This could be cool.

zenobia42
02-04-15, 05:06 PM

Wow - so the Treent is a new animal and a new element! Have you tried to breed it with any other animals?

Hawksmoor
02-04-15, 05:08 PM
Cool. I need 10 more runes to expand to get the bottom guy. Cute!

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 05:09 PM
Currently have 10 explosives and 53 runes... so excited almost there!!

Vodelle
02-04-15, 05:10 PM
It would be great if at level 15 or something it fused into a second tree? I guess we'll see - it's really cute regardless and at least looks like it will be unique!

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 05:13 PM
Wow - so the Treent is a new animal and a new element! Have you tried to breed it with any other animals?

It's not on my breed list so at the moment no breeding, but in my shop I've reached all habitat limits cannot buy nothing lol, the next expansion is at the top which is 70 runes and 1,000,000

dumbpluff
so, here's one more important question.

who else is going to name their treent groot? just me?

readysetgo888
It would be great if at level 15 or something it fused into a second tree? I guess we'll see - it's really cute regardless and at least looks like it will be unique!

That's kind of what I was thinking it might do - though a second tree would be far less exciting without a second nest to go with it. All it would be good for would be hatching prize animals and would just be taking up space otherwise. Maybe this is marking a trend toward more events and tournaments in the game? I like those as long as they're fair - at least theoretically you have a chance to earn the animals instead of failing to breed them despite trying constantly.

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 05:16 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking it might do - though a second tree would be far less exciting without a second nest to go with it. All it would be good for would be hatching prize animals and would just be taking up space otherwise. Maybe this is marking a trend toward more events and tournaments in the game? I like those as long as they're fair - at least theoretically you have a chance to earn the animals instead of failing to breed them despite trying constantly.

actually, you can kind of read the treent's description in melis' post. that looks like that's exactly what's going on. the becomes-a-tree thing, at least. it starts to cut off there, but it looks like it says that the 'rumor' is that it eventually grows into another tree of life. which is perfect. i do agree that it's a bit silly without the breeding den attached, but this is a big bump up! i'm excited for this, dang.

edit: the habitat is even more blunt about it! nice!

infinitelove19
02-04-15, 05:20 PM

I am totally with you! I saw it and thought of that immediately! :-)
It is so cute and hoping we'll have some new looking animals for its hybrids, not just revamps of old ones.

Hawksmoor
02-04-15, 05:21 PM
I just got lucky in the mine and got the 10 runes I needed with 7 bombs. 10 seconds to expand and I fed it to evolve which is 36 hrs!!

zenobia42
02-04-15, 05:24 PM

Oh heck yeah, I'm naming mine Groot, too! :D

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 05:26 PM
I really hope the dark island animal is a new element... it doesn't look like metal (which is what I was really hoping for)... wonder what it could be, any ideas??

zenobia42
02-04-15, 05:28 PM
actually, you can kind of read the treent's description in melis' post. that looks like that's exactly what's going on. the becomes-a-tree thing, at least. it starts to cut off there, but it looks like it says that the 'rumor' is that it eventually grows into another tree of life. which is perfect. i do agree that it's a bit silly without the breeding den attached, but this is a big bump up! i'm excited for this, dang.

edit: the habitat is even more blunt about it! nice!

So... it's an animal and a habitat with a high income cap. Do we LOSE the animal and habitat if we level it high enough that it becomes a second ToL? That's a bummer!!!! I am hoping that somehow after leveling it to the point a second ToL grows, we still have a cute animal and habitat along with it. I don't want to lose him right after I get him... nor miss out on the second ToL.

ETA: Also, if you level it until it becomes a ToL, is it then immovable? Is the habitat movable now? I am wondering if I can and should move it to right next to the original ToL before it grow roots.

zenobia42
02-04-15, 05:32 PM
I really hope the dark island animal is a new element... it doesn't look like metal (which is what I was really hoping for)... wonder what it could be, any ideas??

Metal is at least as likely as anything else. The coloring is kinda copper. It looks more like metal than like air or lava or any of the other possible new elements that have been thrown about IMO.

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 05:33 PM
Just got it!! Description says "Some believe that Treents eventually become Trees of Life." Yep, that's definitely what's going on here. But it's so cute! And I love that habitat. Oh please let us have another breeding den too! Into the evolution flower it goes! The baby does such a cute little dance when it gets fed lol.

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 05:33 PM
Zen my habitat is moveable

zenobia42
02-04-15, 05:35 PM
Zen my habitat is moveable

Thanks for that info! If I were you, I'd be sure where you would want a second ToL before leveling your cutie all the way. Just in case it becomes immovable when it becomes a ToL.

zenobia42
02-04-15, 05:41 PM
What's a Treent? Lower creature says "to unlock Treent of Life"...Treent is an odd word?

A Treent sounds like a mash-up of "Treant" and "Ent." Both are fictional sentient creatures that are like trees that move. Like the very lovable Groot in the recent movie Guardians of the Galaxy.

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 05:43 PM
Thanks for that info! If I were you, I'd be sure where you would want a second ToL before leveling your cutie all the way. Just in case it becomes immovable when it becomes a ToL.

I've moved it next to ToL but only at level 8 as it eats soo much lol

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 05:54 PM
Sorry you're sick Evi, hope you feel better soon!

Thanks hawksmoor

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 05:56 PM
Evi hope you feel better luv xxx

Zen I don't think the new creature actually turns in to a second tree of life, I could be wrong but done abit of looking around and saw how he looks at lvl 15, but then I'm confused what actually is his purpose in this game? Lol

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 05:59 PM
Evi hope you feel better luv xxx

Zen I don't think the new creature actually turns in to a second tree of life, I could be wrong but done abit of looking around and saw how he looks at lvl 15, but then I'm confused what actually is his purpose in this game? Lol
Thanks Mel. Maybe it is a new element but why isn't he breedable then?
Oh well, I expanded on the dark one first as I need space, next I'll expand to this guy

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:02 PM
I hope they released all the islands at this point.
I wish they could have given us more options with the farms with this update , more food for more coins, so difficult to grow enough food to feed these babies. It takes me 3-4 days to bring a super rare from level 10 to their epic.
Anyway, I'm grateful for the new expansions

ramothsflight
02-04-15, 06:06 PM
I did the update and was already expanded to that spot on the green island. When I tap the Treent all I get is the reach level 20/lightning leopard message. When I close the message it moves over to the middle of the big island and stops. Anyone else besides Mel expanded to there yet and having the same issue?

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 06:09 PM
Ram, I still have the problem when you click on the creature on the dark I get that msg too I'm not sure why that msg comes up!

Evi, yep new element but no breeding lol

dumbpluff
02-04-15, 06:10 PM
I did the update and was already expanded to that spot on the green island. When I tap the Treent all I get is the reach level 20/lightning leopard message. When I close the message it moves over to the middle of the big island and stops. Anyone else besides Mel expanded to there yet and having the same issue?

it'll do that until you actually expand to it. you have to click the expand tag, wherever it may be, and then select his square to get the option to upgrade him, or else all it will do is prompt you. that's why it's moving you to the middle island-- it's taking you to the expand flag by the tree. (or at least mine does, i should say.)

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:14 PM
Ram, I still have the problem when you click on the creature on the dark I get that msg too I'm not sure why that msg comes up!

Evi, yep new element but no breeding lol

Mel, you can't expand to the new one on dark island now?

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:15 PM
The epic form

"This nomadic 'tree shepherd' roams the land, looking for a cozy, secluded place to sink its roots into the soil. Some believe that Treents eventually become Trees of Life, as evidenced by the fantastic forests that surround them after they take root."

ramothsflight
02-04-15, 06:16 PM
it'll do that until you actually expand to it. you have to click the expand tag, wherever it may be, and then select his square to get the option to upgrade him, or else all it will do is prompt you. that's why it's moving you to the middle island-- it's taking you to the expand flag by the tree. (or at least mine does, i should say.)

Tried that but the expand square didn't show up. Now it does. Thanks for the assist. Shame to have to spend the 10mil to get it. Probably going to be 10mil for the dark island animal too. Off to mine for runes. Long fails, need you now!

With new animals was hoping for habitat increase. Maybe that happens Friday, or I've got some serious rearranging to do!

zenobia42
02-04-15, 06:25 PM
The epic form

"This nomadic 'tree shepherd' roams the land, looking for a cozy, secluded place to sink its roots into the soil. Some believe that Treents eventually become Trees of Life, as evidenced by the fantastic forests that surround them after they take root."

So.... at level 15 it's still just an unbreedable creature? No extra nest? If not, that is a TERRIBLE tease to do to us!

If the one on the other island is breedable, I might go there first. Though it'll take 26 days of breeding to get enough runes for all 3 expansions there.

Ratisorn
02-04-15, 06:27 PM
my neighbor ,love it

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 06:28 PM
Mel, you can't expand to the new one on dark island now?

I can but not where the new animal is, I get that msg thing I can on only the first square but still mining for runes

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:30 PM
I can but not where the new animal is, I get that msg thing I can on only the first square but still mining for runes

I guess we need to expand to all the other plots first then get the new element
I'm already working on the first plot

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:31 PM
So.... at level 15 it's still just an unbreedable creature? No extra nest? If not, that is a TERRIBLE tease to do to us!

If the one on the other island is breedable, I might go there first. Though it'll take 26 days of breeding to get enough runes for all 3 expansions there.

It might be the 6th expansion of that island... Not sure though

zenobia42
02-04-15, 06:32 PM
I guess we need to expand to all the other plots first then get the new element
I'm already working on the first plot

It's at least 3 expansions since the only plot available at first is 2 plots away from it. Hopefully it's only 3.

rjazz
Darn, I just finished an expansion this afternoon before the update! But am excited over the new things!

GreasedLightening

I expanded to dark island first, only one option....the first square...2 away from new animal.

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:34 PM
TL, were still limited to 50 habitats, can you guys please increase that limit ?

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 06:36 PM

Interesting... Yeah, I assume it has to have some special powers and isn't just a unique unbreedable animal that everyone gets. Very curious to find out what the new animal is... I'm sure we'll know soon.

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:38 PM
The two trees on the habitat look like the hatching tree. I wonder if once this animal reaches level 15 can activate one of the trees to be used for hatching.
Anyway, recently the designers are doing a much much better job with the new creature. I gotta give it to them. Would you agree?

xxxe
02-04-15, 06:40 PM
I wish I didn't expand the 3rd ice island. I'm so far away from either of these guys! This is going to take awhile lol

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 06:49 PM
I expanded to dark island first, only one option....the first square...2 away from new animal.

Yep just expanded there too now to collect another 70 runes for each expansion till we reach the new guy! Total of 140 runes lol soo many haha

xxxe
02-04-15, 06:50 PM
I have 5 expansions before I hit this. It's going to take a month. I hope I get a gem sale so I can buy some tunes or something.

A2TUDE
02-04-15, 06:53 PM
Lol I got excited n expanded up top before I did the tree creature!

I have runes for tree animal but I need 10mil omg now I need save another mil!

Evi rest up hun hugs get better soon <3

Mel excite times lol

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:54 PM
The habitat's # just got increased from 50 to 66 . This tells me we got 2-3 islands for expansions.
Thanks TL !!

Vodelle
02-04-15, 06:55 PM
According to a different website, the animal on the dark island is the 'Hareon' (hare + heron combo?) and it's just a lightning/fire.

Kinda disappointing. If the groot-thing doesn't turn into a second tree, then I hope they start releasing hybrids with it.

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:55 PM

Mel excite times lol

See why you should have kept all those super rares you sold? Now you need money for expansions. I've got over 100M. I'll loan you some with low interest rate if you'd like lol

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 06:56 PM
I have 5 expansions before I hit this. It's going to take a month. I hope I get a gem sale so I can buy some tunes or something.

You'll get there Xxxe , you're not that far away, just visited you :)

A2TUDE
02-04-15, 07:02 PM
See why you should have kept all those super rares you sold? Now you need money for expansions. I've got over 100M. I'll loan you some with low interest rate if you'd like lol

I was angry at TL sold to make room for the other val animal n boom they expand lol o well hun wat can I do but save lol one thing I hate doing !!!!

Now ffs is hectic busy lol I'll give u free hair dos lol now give us ur cash lol

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 07:05 PM
According to a different website, the animal on the dark island is the 'Hareon' (hare + heron combo?) and it's just a lightning/fire.

Kinda disappointing. If the groot-thing doesn't turn into a second tree, then I hope they start releasing hybrids with it.

That is disappointing. No new breedable element? :( I'm sad

bubz94
02-04-15, 07:07 PM
Yaaaay! Just came across this! New animal :D Can't wait to expand to get this little guy :)

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 07:11 PM

Mel excite times lol

At least now there is something to do I was speed breeding to get runes lol now I got a 45 hr timer and now no gems to speed up to get the explosives but definitely excite times haha

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 07:12 PM
I was angry at TL sold to make room for the other val animal n boom they expand lol o well hun wat can I do but save lol one thing I hate doing !!!!

Now ffs is hectic busy lol I'll give u free hair dos lol now give us ur cash lol

Haha come to NY, I'll hand you all the cash you want :cool:

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 07:14 PM

He is cute though & ultra rare

cquinn32
02-04-15, 07:15 PM
So as usual I should have come to the forum first!! I noticed we were able to expand and expanded to the upper right red island spot immediately without updating first lol, oh well. A second nest sure would be awesome!!

fu04s6k3
02-04-15, 07:17 PM
I am the only one that thinks the plant one looks like groot from gaurdians of the Galaxy?:D

Add me:fu04s6k3

A2TUDE
02-04-15, 07:17 PM
At least now there is something to do I was speed breeding to get runes lol now I got a 45 hr timer and now no gems to speed up to get the explosives but definitely excite times haha

oooo hun what ultra did u get????

ok we got this new "Val" animal comn with a new habitat lets hope its not millions as well ....

im gonna cool with the speed breeding for lil bit

A2TUDE
02-04-15, 07:19 PM
Haha come to NY, I'll hand you all the cash you want :cool:

it summer here (well its meant to be) lol ill leave ur winter alone lol:p

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 07:20 PM
oooo hun what ultra did u get????

ok we got this new "Val" animal comn with a new habitat lets hope its not millions as well ....

im gonna cool with the speed breeding for lil bit

Another crystal unicorn, which is fine but just can't speed it I need to relax abit as well with the gems lol
I'm gonna check this new guy out now :D

A2TUDE
02-04-15, 07:26 PM
Another crystal unicorn, which is fine but just can't speed it I need to relax abit as well with the gems lol

ya im saven my gems for the newbie cant waite lol

Buttercup0001
02-04-15, 07:29 PM
Im excited with this update. Its gonna take me a long time to reach both though lol Really happy about the expansions, more for the other players needing room in their forests. Thumps up TL.

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 07:35 PM
Same hun can't wait til sat we need to save those gems lol I want lol

ramothsflight
02-04-15, 07:40 PM
I can only collect 58 runes right now which might mean I need to do every other expansion (including back to the ice shelf) before I can even try for these new guys needing 70 runes. That will take months, even though I'm already expanded to the the Treent. Hoping that's not really the case.

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 07:45 PM
I can only collect 58 runes right now which might mean I need to do every other expansion (including back to the ice shelf) before I can even try for these new guys needing 70 runes. That will take months, even though I'm already expanded to the the Treent. Hoping that's not really the case.

Did you fully expand the first ice shelf? You might have to do that. I haven't fully expanded the second ice shelf or the second green island and I'm able to expand to the dark island starting now. The runes needed go up by 2 every expansion that you do regardless of where those expansions are, with a cap at 70... so if you are allowed expand to the dark islands right away, I imagine it would be for less runes than those of us that have done enough expansions to have hit the 70 cap already. Just depends on if they force you into fully expanding the first ice shelf or not. From the text, though, it seems like they are only requiring that you be expanded to the Leopard and be at least level 20 to do it... not to be fully expanded everywhere else, which is nice.

cocauina
02-04-15, 07:55 PM
Yep just expanded there too now to collect another 70 runes for each expansion till we reach the new guy! Total of 140 runes lol soo many haha

Mel, do you remember how many runes you needed and how much time would take to expand to Treent of Life and his habitat?

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 07:57 PM
Mel, do you remember how many runes you needed and how much time would take to expand to Treent of Life and his habitat?

The expansion only takes 10 seconds once you have enough runes/coins... very nice. It would be 70 if you've hit the 70 cap, otherwise I assume it would be 2 more than whatever the number was for your previous expansion.

cocauina
02-04-15, 08:11 PM
The expansion only takes 10 seconds once you have enough runes/coins... very nice. It would be 70 if you've hit the 70 cap, otherwise I assume it would be 2 more than whatever the number was for your previous expansion.

Thanks ready :)

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 08:13 PM
70 runes and 10seconds! I think now that's what we need for expansions from here on as I expanded to the top dark and it was 70 runes as well but 19hrs to complete and $1,000,000

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 08:17 PM

I'm on the same boat with you two ... Cooling down in spending gems especially as we never get sales in this game

Vodelle
02-04-15, 08:18 PM
This isn't true. I posted on pg 2:

All my other expansions are 1m and something like 42 runes (not at cap yet) but this one is flat out 70 runes & 10m coins. Seems they don't scale it.

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 08:20 PM

All my other expansions are 1m and something like 42 runes (not at cap yet) but this one is flat out 70 runes & 10m coins. Seems they don't scale it.

I don't remember if my first plot on the dark island was $1,000,000 or $10,000,000 but that's quite a jump if it's 10M... How can we go from 1M to 10M
I'll keep an eye on when I expand on my 2nd plot

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 08:22 PM

Ah, ok, that one works differently for both the coins and number of runes. I assume the dark island follows the usual pattern though? Like, you can expand there starting now for less than 70 runes? Or no? Someone else was asking about that.

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 08:22 PM

You don't have to expand to the ice island to expand to the treent or the dark island. But you do need to expand on all the plots in the green island before you reach this guy

Melis2a84
02-04-15, 08:26 PM
I'm on the same boat with you two ... Cooling down in spending gems especially as we never get sales in this game

I think here in Australia we pay more for 120 gems it's $6.49 and for 250 it's 12.99 but I need to save for this Saturday update here, I definitely need to cool down with these gems it gets out of hand hahaha

Vodelle
02-04-15, 08:26 PM
I don't remember if my first plot on the dark island was $1,000,000 or $10,000,000 but that's quite a jump if it's 10M... How can we go from 1M to 10M
I'll keep an eye on when I expand on my 2nd plot
Oh, no, sorry, I was referring to the plots with the two animals. The non-animal/habitat expansion slots should work the same way all the others have so far!

matiasabad94
02-04-15, 08:29 PM
Treent of Life! It looks so cool! I didn't really expect a Tree type but I really want the Living Wood habitat!

It's my first post by the way!

matiasabad94
02-04-15, 08:33 PM
I mean

RorJam
02-04-15, 08:37 PM
So I need 70 realm runes and a mil gold to start expanding on the battleground shelf and the same for further expansion on the lower shelf. Hopefully it doesn't get increased any more lol. On RorDarJam (lvl 34) I need 30 realm runes and a mil gold and I can start on the battleground shelf but like it's been mentioned before because my lower Lvl account isn't maxed it goes up 2 realm runes every expansion and it doesn't matter where I've expanded yet. I guess depending on how you look at it max players could be at some type of dissadvantage but I look at it as My main account has expanded everywhere so it is what it is. Just happy new stuff uncloned looking so far. Watch it's probably some fire/nature super hybrid lmao

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 08:50 PM
I think here in Australia we pay more for 120 gems it's $6.49 and for 250 it's 12.99 but I need to save for this Saturday update here, I definitely need to cool down with these gems it gets out of hand hahaha

It does get out of control that's why it will be great to see sales like they have in DS etc
The small packages here are $4.99 and $9.99 respectively but then you got to add tax to it.
Also, I'm not sure about the converSion from AU dollar to US dollar. Maybe it comes to the same thing once you convert them

flowless
02-04-15, 09:48 PM
So is the wood tree animal is a new element ?

I have a nighbor who already have the habit and evolving his animal

matiasabad94
02-04-15, 10:01 PM
So is the wood tree animal is a new element ?

I have a nighbor who already have the habit and evolving his animal

Yep, it's a Tree type animal.

EviBrooklyn
02-04-15, 10:02 PM
Maybe one of the mods can get some answers for us, what's the purpose of this new element? Will this turn into a breeding/hatching den? Someone said that the animal doesn't show on the breeding list so I guess we can't pair him with other elements.
Any news or explanation on this will be great as it seems that most of us are confused

keller63
02-05-15, 12:41 AM
Hmmm interesting that my App Store didn't register there was an update. Found it from reading here that there was one. Gonna be a very long time before I get these and I certainly won't be getting 10mil coins anytime soon. I'm too early in the game lvl29 and takes me 3-4 days to get 1mil coins. And I still haven't enlarged all my habitats yet...

But at least it's something else to work on, If I ever get the chance between these god **** limited animals etc, and even then I want to be able to work on some standard hybrids -.- cant believe my current pair I can get 16 new creatures and I still have another 2 elements to throw into that too(not including the gems) -.-

hugpete
02-05-15, 01:28 AM
Hmmm interesting that my App Store didn't register there was an update. Found it from reading here that there was one. Gonna be a very long time before I get these and I certainly won't be getting 10mil coins anytime soon. I'm too early in the game lvl29 and takes me 3-4 days to get 1mil coins. And I still haven't enlarged all my habitats yet...

But at least it's something else to work on, If I ever get the chance between these god **** limited animals etc, and even then I want to be able to work on some standard hybrids -.- cant believe my current pair I can get 16 new creatures and I still have another 2 elements to throw into that too(not including the gems) -.-

Definitely buy big habitats (then sell the small ones); it will help immensely in getting coins....unless you collect every hour all day.

Also, you siggy still says lvl 21! :)

Buttercup0001
02-05-15, 01:54 AM
Same hun can't wait til sat we need to save those gems lol I want lol

Yes save them gems hun. How I love Saturdays though not much housework gets done that day lol :p

Melis2a84
02-05-15, 02:08 AM
Yes save them gems hun. How I love Saturdays though not much housework gets done that day lol :p

Yep We need to save those gems lol I also do housework on sat too but my mornings are occupied by the game lol I'm up by 6 am ready for the update lol

Foxy_Kit
02-05-15, 05:00 AM
Whoohoo I just saw the dancing Groot-lookalike! :D

Clark_Wayne
02-05-15, 05:11 AM
I would like to know where i should expand first : toward the dark woods or toward the Groot-look alike ?
(Same distance for me : 3 expansions before i reach them :( )

A2TUDE
02-05-15, 05:23 AM
Yep We need to save those gems lol I also do housework on sat too but my mornings are occupied by the game lol I'm up by 6 am ready for the update lol

Omg me to hun lol coffee in hand iPad on lap n ready to go go go o my life this says it all lmao

A2TUDE
02-05-15, 05:25 AM
I would like to know where i should expand first : toward the dark woods or toward the Groot-look alike ?
(Same distance for me : 3 expansions before i reach them :( )

I do the tree first n start saving the 10 mil for the next expansion.

A2TUDE
02-05-15, 05:28 AM
sorry for the spam my edit button on the blink!

Just a lil winge TL has spoilt us today BUT it's hard saving when we have to have crops going 24/7 for the val quest grrrr n once we spend the 10 mil we have to save all over for next expansion n the extra roses ..... Sigh

viridium
02-05-15, 06:42 AM
This will take forever to arrive them!I would suggest that players get more bombs for mining otherwise we will have April until the 40 lv players reach any of them....especially the expanings below the basic land,I am 4 fields away.
Plz TL give us more bombs!

keller63
02-05-15, 06:51 AM
Definitely buy big habitats (then sell the small ones); it will help immensely in getting coins....unless you collect every hour all day.

Also, you siggy still says lvl 21! :)

Ahh yes, that's because every time I update the sig I get another lvl and its a pain to edit on the iPhone lol. Ill update it again but I'm not far from 30 lol

As for expansions thanks for info, I'm aware of the large habitats they are just sooo costly. 730k for electric, 430k for dark.... Takes me a little while to collect all that on top of trying to expand plant food and remove rubble, Its going to be really tough saving 10mil. Also, even if I managed to get them all big I don't have the creatures to fill them lol... Every time I go to work on a normal hybrid or the retriever a new limited comes out or event -.-

Eta: also hoping to get a unicorn which will also cost 730k -.- so yeah, my coins are pretty much tied up

the_harlequin
02-05-15, 08:35 AM
Only the plot with the tree costs $10'000'000, the future plots stay at $1'000'000 as usual.

keller63
02-05-15, 09:00 AM
Only the plot with the tree costs $10'000'000, the future plots stay at $1'000'000 as usual.

yeah i noticed that, but like everyone else i prefer to get the treent as its new, not the lighting/fire hybrid in the dark isles :P but it will still take me a good time :)

intrinsicallyknotted
02-05-15, 11:38 AM
Regarding the question of why we can't breed the Treant, I suspect we will be able to soon. I recall that when the Lightning Leopard was released it took a little while before TL started releasing lightning hybrids (presumably to give everyone a chance to get and evolve it). I am hoping after a week or so we'll have new tree hybrids and we'll be able to breed the new guy!

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 11:59 AM
To clear the obstacles on the first plot ( dark island) you need 75,000 total and 20 minutes
2 smoking shrubs (25,000 each) and an inferno fir 25,000

readysetgo888
02-05-15, 12:17 PM
To clear the obstacles on the first plot ( dark island) you need 75,000 total and 20 minutes

Oh nice, not too expensive and only 20 minutes! I know we were afraid that they were going to be even more expensive and take longer than the second ice island... which I don't think anyone could stand. 33 hours on those was just ****er, I'm pleasantly surprised that they've been so nice about the dark islands and didn't make them the same or worse. Sounds like it may be similar to the green islands where I think the worst was like 20 hours and most were less.

mbyte68
02-05-15, 12:25 PM
yh i knowticed them animals other day as well pity ive expanded into wrong directions gonna take me ages as gettin bombs seems random on ere

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 12:26 PM
Oh nice, not too expensive and only 20 minutes! I know we were afraid that they were going to be even more expensive and take longer than the second ice island... which I don't think anyone could stand. 33 hours on those was just ****er, I'm pleasantly surprised that they've been so nice about the dark islands and didn't make them the same or worse. Sounds like it may be similar to the green islands where I think the worst was like 20 hours and most were less.

Yes but remember that now it takes us way longer than 33 hours to collect 70 runes for expansions, thats awfully long

readysetgo888
02-05-15, 12:32 PM
Yes but remember that now it takes us way longer than 33 hours to collect 70 runes for expansions, thats awfully long

True but it could have just as easily been 70 runes and then 30+ hours lol, this is TL.

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 12:45 PM
True but it could have just as easily been 70 runes and then 30+ hours lol, this is TL.

Yes and would have turned off many players.
I still don't understand why they did the treent plot 10,000,000 and 70 runes? If we're paying 10,000,000 for that plot they should have let us expand there w/o using any runes.
I think many player will have a very hard time getting to that plot.

cquinn32
02-05-15, 12:52 PM
So has anyone got this tree thing up to level 15 yet?

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 01:40 PM
So has anyone got this tree thing up to level 15 yet?

That's a difficult task
Evolution alone is 36 hours x 3
Food requirements from level 4 to 15 is 138,000 apples
I'm on my first evolution and once he comes out he'll go right back in as I have enough food to bring him to level 10

Drachenia
02-05-15, 01:48 PM
He looks so great, can not wait until it is allowed to breed. It's been a really good idea a Life wood or tree to have them collected in Fantasy Forest. Thank You

cquinn32
02-05-15, 01:52 PM
That's a difficult task
Evolution alone is 36 hours x 3
Food requirements from level 4 to 15 is 138,000 apples
I'm on my first evolution and once he comes out he'll go right back in as I have enough food to bring him to level 10

Yes that 36hrs is ****er!! Mine is also in for the first time. I have plenty of food was just wondering if anyone had sped though yet. Maybe I will

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 02:12 PM
Yes that 36hrs is ****er!! Mine is also in for the first time. I have plenty of food was just wondering if anyone had sped though yet. Maybe I will

I was hoping Mel would have been able to bring him to level 15 but she needed more food of course
Keep us posted if you do

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 02:17 PM
Gem Groves will look very pretty on the dark island

elvos85
02-05-15, 03:15 PM
Can you guys load in to the game Now? I'm facing problem to load in the game..

zenobia42
02-05-15, 03:19 PM

That's great news! Cheap is nice but fast is what's REALLY good news.

Hope you are feeling better today, Evi.

Can you guys load in to the game Now? I'm facing problem to load in the game..
My game loaded just fine just now. I was having trouble with it yesterday and decided to go ahead and download the latest iOS. That helped all my apps load better / faster today.

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 03:21 PM
That's great news! Cheap is nice but fast is what's REALLY good news.

Hope you are feeling better today, Evi.

elvo85, my game loads fine. I was having trouble with it yesterday and decided to go ahead and download the latest iOS. That helped all my apps load better / faster.

I am - thanks for asking

Melis2a84
02-05-15, 06:56 PM
Got tree man lol to lvl 10

It's gonna take me a while to get him to lvl 15 as he eats soooo much lol

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 07:24 PM
Got tree man lol to lvl 10

It's gonna take me a while to get him to lvl 15 as he eats soooo much lol

Omg I was just going to ask you if he was at level 10 or 15... I was just at your forest and took a pic too :)

Melis2a84
02-05-15, 07:41 PM
Haha how funny we must think alike lol

I wonder what kind of update there will be? A tourney? (Valentine kitten) a goal with this new tree man? Habitat on sale (valentines)? More living wood animals?

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 08:10 PM
Haha how funny we must think alike lol

I wonder what kind of update there will be? A tourney? (Valentine kitten) a goal with this new tree man? Habitat on sale (valentines)? More living wood animals?

Tomorrow I think we'll just get the smitten kitten , I do hope though we get a tournament
I think TL has been listening to us all recently , we got expansions, new element and no clones :)

Melis2a84
02-05-15, 08:20 PM
Tomorrow I think we'll just get the smitten kitten , I do hope though we get a tournament
I think TL has been listen to us all recently , we got expansions, new element and no clones :)

Yes would love a tourney and maybe the habitat on sale too, yes TL has listened yay

kbli7355
02-05-15, 08:45 PM
The new tree element? That's kinda hilarious and would it be similar to nature? I think real elements would be sand, snow, ice, light, gas, etc. The new tree man is cool though wonder what the hybrids would be.

cocauina
02-05-15, 09:10 PM
The new tree element? That's kinda hilarious and would it be similar to nature? I think real elements would be sand, snow, ice, light, gas, etc. The new tree man is cool though wonder what the hybrids would be.

I don't know why, but when I tried to image a tree hybrid with the nature element.. I imagined a broccoli..

But besides this broccoli, elements like sand, snow, light, gas, and air like it was said before, would be great, ice element it would be similiar to water elements. But still, are good ideas :)

cquinn32
02-05-15, 09:51 PM
Well here he is at level 15!!http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/ae5eaa675376bd058f855a26a2eaffd1_zps999c76df.jpg
Should never play this game after drinking lol

Melis2a84
02-05-15, 10:11 PM
He looks kinda cool doesn't he lol? Good on you Luv

matiasabad94
02-05-15, 10:40 PM

A tree element is hilarious yet sand or gas are not? Also, you complain that it could be similar to nature, but wouldn't ice be similar to water? It's hard to keep up with that logic.

EviBrooklyn
02-05-15, 10:52 PM
Well here he is at level 15!!http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/ae5eaa675376bd058f855a26a2eaffd1_zps999c76df.jpg
Should never play this game after drinking lol

I say you should drink more often
Now, what can he accomplish at level 15? Does he have any special powers?

mbyte68
02-06-15, 03:52 AM
prob still get knocked out as easily as the rest come nxt tourny

cquinn32
02-06-15, 06:09 AM
I say you should drink more often
Now, what can he accomplish at level 15? Does he have any special powers?
No, no special powers! Was hoping he'd turn into another nest lol

readysetgo888
02-06-15, 06:25 AM
No, no special powers! Was hoping he'd turn into another nest lol

Yeah that's disappointing. Hopefully there's still a way that it can happen, that maybe they just haven't made possible yet? It's a pretty big tease to make it sound like it will become a tree of life when it won't. The whole thing just seems odd. I don't really love "tree of life" as another element to breed with fire, nature, etc... it just doesn't seem to fit to me. I was hoping for metal, light, air, etc. So I kind of hope this isn't our new breedable element... in which case, are we ever getting one? I am happy to finally have the dark islands but disappointed that they didn't come with a new breedable element that sort of matched the dark island "theme".

And if this tree animal doesn't have any special powers and isn't breedable for new hybrid animals... what is the point of it? It looks cool... but meh. Very odd if it serves no other purpose. Hopefully that purpose just hasn't been discovered yet.

kbli7355
02-06-15, 07:14 AM
Guess what, I think the hybrids of this tree element would most likely to be based on many other trees.

mbyte68
02-06-15, 07:22 AM
wonder if they will add a Mana Tree nxt :)

Vodelle
02-06-15, 07:48 AM
Yeah, my personal bet is they will make him transformable... later. Don't forget, while a number of our 'big' players might have him or be close to having him, he's actually not that easy to get, so it won't really hurt them any to wait on it either.

I'm also not surprised he's not breedable even if he's intended to be used as a new element. They would probably want to release at least one hybrid with each element (so those breedings are not a waste) and also perhaps make that habitat purchasable. (Given that the current habitat only holds one of the treent, though, I really think it's meant to transform later. We'll see.)

readysetgo888
02-06-15, 08:10 AM
Yeah, my personal bet is they will make him transformable... later. Don't forget, while a number of our 'big' players might have him or be close to having him, he's actually not that easy to get, so it won't really hurt them any to wait on it either.

I'm also not surprised he's not breedable even if he's intended to be used as a new element. They would probably want to release at least one hybrid with each element (so those breedings are not a waste) and also perhaps make that habitat purchasable. (Given that the current habitat only holds one of the treent, though, I really think it's meant to transform later. We'll see.)

I would agree that if anything, it's likely to be transformable later. I can also see them waiting a little while after it's released to make it happen, but it doesn't seem to be to their advantage to wait that long. Might as well do it now and give people more of an incentive to speed up to get there. Maybe we'll see a change within the next couple updates.

When they released the electric element it took them a few weeks to get all the hybrids out and started with just one. So if this were going to be breedable, we might see a fire-tree update fairly soon. However, I can't see this being a breedable element like electric was. Maybe, you'll have to breed him with Unicorn for an ultra rare chance of turning him into a tree of life. I can see that, or something like it. Since he didn't cost gems, I see the chances of him turning into a tree of life being slim if you want to do it for free. The more I think about it, the more I think it's going to be something like this.

I'm very curious to see what the update is today and if we're getting a pointless Valentine's element. If we are, and they plan to do that for every holiday, I think the chances of a new permanent breedable element may be pretty bad, because they'll always be too busy releasing a bunch of holiday clones of existing animals, and won't be interested in expanding the permanent aspects of the game. I hope I'm wrong because I very much want a new element - and I hate holiday hype.

cquinn32
02-06-15, 08:10 AM
Yeah I hope with today's update something will come of this guy. I think he looks cool anyhow. Don't know if we'll ever get to breed with him, I sure hope so. Not sure how they will introduce a new breedable element and avoid people just cloning their gem hybrids.

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 08:48 AM
Yeah that's disappointing. Hopefully there's still a way that it can happen, that maybe they just haven't made possible yet? It's a pretty big tease to make it sound like it will become a tree of life when it won't. The whole thing just seems odd. I don't really love "tree of life" as another element to breed with fire, nature, etc... it just doesn't seem to fit to me. I was hoping for metal, light, air, etc. So I kind of hope this isn't our new breedable element... in which case, are we ever getting one? I am happy to finally have the dark islands but disappointed that they didn't come with a new breedable element that sort of matched the dark island "theme".

And if this tree animal doesn't have any special powers and isn't breedable for new hybrid animals... what is the point of it? It looks cool... but meh. Very odd if it serves no other purpose. Hopefully that purpose just hasn't been discovered yet.

If this guy doesn't breed or turn into a breeding den then I have to say that TL is starting to clone the breeding den now bc they ran out of animals to clone lol

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 08:53 AM
Well guys, someone made a good point earlier , he'll show up in breeding list as soon as they have an animal deriving from his element. If this guy was breedable now and can't reproduce himself, then we would have had one of TL's notorious glitches... You know, the 45 hour breedings we all love so much
Also, I think it will be cool if when breeding this guy it can happen right on his habitat as it does look a lot as the breeding den... Who knows

readysetgo888
02-06-15, 12:10 PM
Thought you all might like to see this...

So far I have neutral to treasure and weak to water-nature.

rjazz
02-06-15, 12:30 PM
I don't have a Battleground right now???

Vodelle
02-06-15, 12:46 PM
I don't have a Battleground right now???

I think ready didn't finish the sea drake battleground so as to test new elements. :)

Anyway...

Really annoyed right now. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78238-Can-t-get-runes-to-expand-to-treent&p=1048982#post1048982) I actually thought that might be the case, but it seems like they didn't think it through. Basically, I can't get the runes to expand to the Treent (70 runes) because I'm actually not at the rune-cap yet (42 runes). So it won't let me get new runes to expand to the Treent even though I'm capable of doing that.

Melis2a84
02-06-15, 12:54 PM
Hey guys not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but where the new creature on the dark island to expand his square
It's 70 runes and $5,000,000

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 01:49 PM
I got this guy, electric/fire

The 2nd dark island we can expand to is the big island with 12 plots

Melis2a84
02-06-15, 02:06 PM
I got this guy, electric/fire

The 2nd dark island we can expand to is the big island with 12 plots

Good on you hun xx yay :p

knj00
02-06-15, 02:15 PM
Personally I think they just wanted to add more expansions and decided to give us some animals to make it fun... something extra to get from expanding.

I really like the Treent of Life and do not want it to turn into a TOL. I do want another TOL (or 2/3) but not from this guy. Just my opinion though. ;)

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 02:49 PM
Good on you hun xx yay :p

Thanks Mel

cocauina
02-06-15, 06:57 PM
Apparently, the Hareon animal, cames in a Fire habitat. I'm not sure.

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 07:39 PM
Apparently, the Hareon animal, cames in a Fire habitat. I'm not sure.

Yes it does. I wish they could have done a new habitat with Hareon as the cost is 5,000,000 for that plot. Would have been nice a fire/electric habitat with that plot.

cocauina
02-06-15, 07:52 PM
Yes it does. I wish they could have done a new habitat with Hareon as the cost is 5,000,000 for that plot. Would have been nice a fire/electric habitat with that plot.

True, but since TL already gave us a new element and his habitat, they probably think it's enough.

Not only the coins, but also the number of runes needed to expand.

How much time it takes to expand for the Hareon, do you know?

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 08:02 PM
True, but since TL already gave us a new element and his habitat, they probably think it's enough.

Not only the coins, but also the number of runes needed to expand.

How much time it takes to expand for the Hareon, do you know?

10 seconds

cocauina
02-06-15, 08:06 PM
10 seconds

Thank you! :)

ArcadiaTofu
02-06-15, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Treent wasn't a second nest, but was a once-a-week type of animal that when thrown into the breeding den will allow you to breed out one animal you're missing in your album? That would be the most AMAZING gift TL could ever, ever give us. I would be so **** happy if that were true, but again, wishful thinking.

Can you imagine, though, how awesome that would be for those that just CAN'T breed something out, no matter how hard they try for it? (*cough*Toucan/Retriever*cough*)

I would take that type of magical breeding animal that's only allowed to breed once a week over a second nest any day...

flowless
02-07-15, 02:01 AM
Who is also in love with his littel dance

locotesx3
02-07-15, 05:12 AM
Did the cost of 70 runes go down to 20 for this guy? Mine said 70 runes and 10 million coins. I only had 38 runes. Got 2 more bombs and went mining. After the first round I received the option to mine "Roots" plot for 20 runes and 10 million coins. Is this the same for everyone else?

keller63
02-07-15, 05:49 AM
Did the cost of 70 runes go down to 20 for this guy? Mine said 70 runes and 10 million coins. I only had 38 runes. Got 2 more bombs and went mining. After the first round I received the option to mine "Roots" plot for 20 runes and 10 million coins. Is this the same for everyone else?

I hope not, can you imagine the complaints that would follow...... But it does make me wonder if they would do that as they knew long standing would rush to him and then give newer players a fresher start? But then the 10mil coins would have needed changed.

I can't really help you out there as I'm still about 7 expansions away from this guy so it's going to take a while and the event takes presidency ATM

locotesx3
02-07-15, 06:05 AM
I should have taken screen shots of it only costing me 20 runes and 10 million gold. All the available plots are 70 runes still. It was just the "root" plot that went down to 20 runes.

locotesx3
02-07-15, 06:06 AM
I hope not, can you imagine the complaints that would follow...... But it does make me wonder if they would do that as they knew long standing would rush to him and then give newer players a fresher start? But then the 10mil coins would have needed changed.

I can't really help you out there as I'm still about 7 expansions away from this guy so it's going to take a while and the event takes presidency ATM

I should have taken screen shots of it only costing me 20 runes and 10 million gold. All the available plots are 70 runes still. It was just the "root" plot that went down to 20 runes.

Vodelle
02-07-15, 07:23 AM
Oh hey, it IS 20 runes now! I'm actually really happy. Yes, it sucks a lot for anyone who spend 70 runes on it already, however I posted a bug report earlier (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78238-Can-t-get-runes-to-expand-to-treent) that it was literally impossible for anyone not at the rune-cap to expand to that plot. (If your other plots cost <70 runes to expand, it wouldn't let you mine past that.)

So I'm really glad they adjusted for it.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 07:37 AM

I mentioned in on one of posts that 70 runes and 10,000,000 is way too high and also suggested that this plot should have been less runes as it cost 10,000,000
The plot on the dark island with Hareon is 70 runes again and 5,000,000 ( they probably dropped that also)
If others confirm the same thing you're saying that they dropped the runes 'cost ( which is great), I'll be pissed bc some of us wasted runes and gems to speed breedings to get those runes. (I figured in between both plots it should be 100 runes wasted, resulting from 50 bombs ,which you'll need about 25 breedings @ 14 hours average each 350 gems * 2 ( you need to speed hatching and breeding), we're looking at 700 gems to get 100 runes)
Though I see that the game is improving a lot recently, TL is taking our complaints seriously, giving us expansions, cuter habitats, more unique animals, they are forgetting to keep some of us happy.
I've been feeling ripped off recently, but then again that's my problem and I should deal with it
As per TL, If they wonder why I'm being bitter , I suggest they check my account for the past 2 weeks alone and then judge. If they don't know how to keep their heavy players in the game, that's their problem, not mine.
I apologize to other members for this morning speech !!

keller63
02-07-15, 07:38 AM
Yeah Im glad too, considering I'm at the 26 runs stage it would have taken me forever to get there now I can b-line towards him

Vodelle
02-07-15, 07:52 AM
Evi & anyone else who might have sped/used a lot of runes to get it - contact them and ask for the difference back?

I 100% understand the frustration but it was literally impossible for anyone not previously expanded to the rune-cap to expand to that slot (even if they were next to it) because the game would not allow people to get runes above what their other expansions cost. So it needed some fixing.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 08:19 AM
Evi & anyone else who might have sped/used a lot of runes to get it - contact them and ask for the difference back?

I 100% understand the frustration but it was literally impossible for anyone not previously expanded to the rune-cap to expand to that slot (even if they were next to it) because the game would not allow people to get runes above what their other expansions cost. So it needed some fixing.

I have said the same thing before, this would be very difficult for the low level players to expand there and it was to expensive for many, so I'm glad they dropped it to 20 runes, but it doesn't change how I feel, especially in between the rip off of yesterday and hearing of this news today.
So I hope everyone understands that I'm happy for whoever is able to get the benefit of expanding there for 20 runes, I have absolutely no bad feelings ..... at all.
And I don't think I'll email the support regarding this issue, honestly I don't care anymore, which might be good for me as I might get rid of a 8 month old addiction :)

keller63
02-07-15, 08:23 AM

well if they edited the expansions to be accurate to the expansion number you are at, so someone 20 , (i dont know if im 20 or i will be 30 by the time i reach it) then the 70 would be accurate to those that fully expanded and there would be no compensation?

Hawksmoor
02-07-15, 08:25 AM
I had to use 70 runes as well to unlock the Treent. Sucks to be me. Maybe I should have waited, lesson learned. I'm happy they dropped it to 20 to make it fair to those who had not reached the rune cap.

Vodelle
02-07-15, 08:28 AM
well if they edited the expansions to be accurate to the expansion number you are at, so someone 20 , (i dont know if im 20 or i will be 30 by the time i reach it) then the 70 would be accurate to those that fully expanded and there would be no compensation?

It's still 20 for me - my normal expansions are 42 runes. I agree they could have just scaled it like any other spot, but that would kind of suck for high-level players that would need to grind out 70 runes for it. On the flipside, it's still 10 million treasure which will take lower-leveled players a decent amount of time to gather.

And I don't think I'll email the support regarding this issue, honestly I don't care anymore, which might be good for me as I might get rid of a 8 month old addiction :)
Aw, I actually think they would give you 50 runes back if you asked! I understand your frustrations with other aspects of the game, though.

readysetgo888
02-07-15, 08:33 AM
Well I'm not glad, not unless they give me my runes back. I'm sorry, but that's extremely, extremely unfair. That's 50 additional runes - that takes over a week of breeding to get. :mad: I'm sorry, but this makes me EXTREMELY angry. I better get my runes back. I'm glad for lower level players but that doesn't make it right as far as I'm concerned. Just more examples of how badly they treat their longest playing players. I'm definitely contacting support and I think everyone else that spent 70 runes on this should as well. It's not right. I DON'T speed and that's over a week of runes they stole from me. I need those runes for another expansion - I didn't get room for a new habitat with the Treent and I need that room now.

I will give customer service a fair chance to make this right for me. If they don't, I can't promise I'll keep playing... might be the last straw as far as I'm concerned. I'll try to hold my anger until after I get their response. If they make it right and give me back my 50 runes, I will be ok and feel better about their service overall. If not, I think I'll be ready to quit playing this game completely.

cquinn32
02-07-15, 08:35 AM
Well I too am out 50 runes not to happy about that!! i see that the other guy is now only 12 runes to unlock!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/271d6ecb14ec204d5f934e5b8b2b35fb_zps6ece0d18.jpg

readysetgo888
02-07-15, 08:35 AM
Kooky, would you be willing to make them aware of this issue and ask on our behalf for them to give the 50 runes back to those who ask? I would sincerely appreciate it.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 08:52 AM
Well I'm sure they'll do something about us who already expanding with 70 runes. After all, there's not many of us

readysetgo888
02-07-15, 08:55 AM
I've heard plenty of horror stories about their customer service, from people who lost gems and things they spent a lot of money on that they couldn't get replaced, and I can't claim that I spent money on those runes. No, I spent a ton of time. I'm pretty sure if they don't replace the runes, I'm done. I really hope they do, and they may, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they don't.

Who else is contacting them?

keller63
02-07-15, 08:56 AM
well i honestly do hope they compensate you guys, it isnt fair at all and i did wonder if 1) they would keep it how it was which isnt really fair to newbies, or 2) they would reduce it and screw over the others which would be unfair.

but i agree with the 10mil staying, if this guy does eventually provide another TOL, i dont think new players should get it more or less right away when people have been waiting about 1yr to get one?, it should be roughly the same waiting time/period. should still be a hard one to get because of the potential from it.

readysetgo888
02-07-15, 08:59 AM
I would have been fine if they just kept the normal system :mad: which was 2 more runes than your last expansion... so that every player would be able to get it for the same as they could get any other expansion at that particular time in their game. That would have been fine. And that's how it should have been since it was released. No, instead, they screwed up and chose to screw their oldest players over without offering compensation.

Vodelle
02-07-15, 09:20 AM
I would have been fine if they just kept the normal system :mad: which was 2 more runes than your last expansion... so that every player would be able to get it for the same as they could get any other expansion at that particular time in their game. That would have been fine. And that's how it should have been since it was released. No, instead, they screwed up and chose to screw their oldest players over without offering compensation.
This argument doesn't make sense, though, because in this case the oldest players would be the only ones able to expand to that slot anyway (with the 70 runes) - so under your scenario you'd have spent the same amount to expand there. I do agree they should have either started it low or left it as scaling in the first place, though.

Like I said, I 100% feel for everyone who spent 70 runes and then it dropped to 20 - I think you have a good case for emailing customer support about it. If for some reason they don't refund it, I would then raise a stink about it for sure.

readysetgo888
02-07-15, 09:32 AM
This argument doesn't make sense, though, because in this case the oldest players would be the only ones able to expand to that slot anyway (with the 70 runes) - so under your scenario you'd have spent the same amount to expand there. I do agree they should have either started it low or left it as scaling in the first place, though.

Like I said, I 100% feel for everyone who spent 70 runes and then it dropped to 20 - I think you have a good case for emailing customer support about it. If for some reason they don't refund it, I would then raise a stink about it for sure.

Why doesn't it make sense? I'm assuming that under any scenario, you have to at least have expanded all the areas to get over there, so each one of them would take 2 more runes than the one before. It took me at least 6 expansions to get there from where you start on the green island. So you have to do all those first, however, that wouldn't necessarily mean that you would have reached the 70 rune cap. I only reached 70 runes recently, after expanding almost all of the second ice shelf as well as a lot of the second green island. If you didn't do any of the second ice shelf, you wouldn't be at 70 runes, but I'm sure it wouldn't be just 20 runes either. It might be 48 runes or 56 runes or 62 runes or something. Whatever it would have been for you to do any of the expansions, and that would have been fine. I don't understand why this wouldn't have worked?

Vodelle
02-07-15, 09:38 AM
I'm not saying it wouldn't have worked, I'm saying that in YOUR particular scenario, under such a policy, you would have spent those 70 runes on that slot anyway.

Obviously the issue here is that they dropped it to 20 for everyone, so those of you who expanded there in the past couple of days got shafted - and you should complain and email CS, quite rightly. I completely agree that scaling expansions (including for the new treent) would have probably been the most fair way to do it (short of just making it 20 straight up) - I'm just saying you'd personally have been in the same position you were in now if that's what they did. At least with this you have the chance of getting 50 runes back.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 09:40 AM
I think they did the right thing to drop it to 20 runes. Remember the cost for that plot is 10,000,000 which is very expansive and many many player would have had hard time getting to treent.
We discussed it previously and I guess TL took notes and did do something about it, which I personally think it's great, bc :
1- that tells me they are listening
2- other players can get to the new element faster

That the game is improving and that TL is listening, it seems to be a fact. I like the fact they are being responsive something that was truly missing in the first 6 months in this game.
I'm sure they will credit us back 50 runes for treent's plot and hopefully for Hareon's if that's the case for that plot also.
Maybe we should start a thread where only those of us that expanded with 70 runes can comment, so they may check our accounts and hopefully credit the runes back.
As a matter of fact I'm missing about 58 runes for my next expansion. It will be great to have those runes credited so I may proceed to my next plot.

Crr008
02-07-15, 10:42 AM
I agree, Evi. Well said.

locotesx3
02-07-15, 10:53 AM

Couldn't agree more.... All the little things are starting to add up for me as well. I already stopped buying gems and my overall time spent playing the game have dropped drastically. The back to back to back to back limited animals and everything else have taken the fun out if it for me. Too bad cause it was a lot more funner in the beginning.

kbli7355
02-07-15, 12:27 PM
A tree element is hilarious yet sand or gas are not? Also, you complain that it could be similar to nature, but wouldn't ice be similar to water? It's hard to keep up with that logic.

All right. Do you think tree is an element? It's a kind of nonsense. The element we are talking about here is the basic, natural ones. Sand is one, gas and ice are the other two phases of water but they are in different forms. Tree is definitely a nonsense. All those elements I listed make more sense than a tree.

zenobia42
02-07-15, 12:44 PM
I really, really, really hope TL customer "support" breaks character and does the right thing by everyone who spent 70 runes expanding to the Treent and credits 50 back to your account. Based on my own experiences with them, and the dozens of first-hand accounts I've listened to, I wouldn't hold my breath. But this is about Realm Runes not gems - so there is hope that they will treat this differently.

zenobia42
02-07-15, 12:53 PM
All right. Do you think tree is an element? It's a kind of nonsense. The element we are talking about here is the basic, natural ones. Sand is one, gas and ice are the other two phases of water but they are in different forms. Tree is definitely a nonsense. All those elements I listed make more sense than a tree.

The basic elements historically are earth, water, air and fire. Anything else is not a basic element. For the game to have more than 4 elements, any other than those 4 are not basic, pure ones. And IMO, any derivative of those 4 is as valid as a derivative of any other (or combo of them).

Sand is one type of earth. So is metal.
Ice and snow are two forms of water.
Light is an aspect of fire.
Tree is a type of nature. But FWIW, they are calling this new element "living wood." So there is some sort of magic implied (as opposed to just plain "wood"), and also implied is that it may take forms other than a tree one day.

Vodelle
02-07-15, 02:38 PM
To weigh in, I've never heard of 'gas' and 'sand' being considered basic elements of any kind. To me they are as 'nonsensical' as tree/living wood.

Honestly I wouldn't sweat it - any new element that's not just a limited-time 3-of-a-kind holiday 'element' is fine with me. They could do a 'light' element to counteract dark, or they could do something wacky like 'ghost' and I'd still be happy. (Think of the cool ghost hybrids we could have!)

I still predict that the treent will actually be turnable into a tree, but if not, some kind of sprite-type hybrids or flowery hybrids would be fine with me, too. Anything that takes away from the monotony of nature/fire or earth/fire etc haha.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 04:09 PM
I really, really, really hope TL customer "support" breaks character and does the right thing by everyone who spent 70 runes expanding to the Treent and credits 50 back to your account. Based on my own experiences with them, and the dozens of first-hand accounts I've listened to, I wouldn't hold my breath. But this is about Realm Runes not gems - so there is hope that they will treat this differently.

I hope so too... The good thing is there are not many of us that expanded for 70 runes... Anyone that will expand from today and on probably will need only 20 runes
So far were less than 10 people so this should be pretty easy for TL to get it done

infinitelove19
02-07-15, 06:28 PM
I was mining the other day, nowhere near 70 runes I need, then it said I only needed 20, and "Expand now", but when I tapped it, it actually took me to the new island, with the new Hareon and offered me THAT spot (first spot on that island) for 20 runes. I thought that was weird, and I was afraid it would disappear - saw it would give me the Treent for 20, too, so I expanded there. Afterwards, the 20 rune option on the Hareon island disappeared.

I was SO glad they dropped the cost, though am sorry for those who already paid 70 runes.
Hope you can all get 50 runes back.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 07:17 PM
I was mining the other day, nowhere near 70 runes I need, then it said I only needed 20, and "Expand now", but when I tapped it, it actually took me to the new island, with the new Hareon and offered me THAT spot (first spot on that island) for 20 runes. I thought that was weird, and I was afraid it would disappear - saw it would give me the Treent for 20, too, so I expanded there. Afterwards, the 20 rune option on the Hareon island disappeared.

I was SO glad they dropped the cost, though am sorry for those who already paid 70 runes.
Hope you can all get 50 runes back.

I'm confused, did you expand to Hareon plot for 20 runes, treent or both?

A2TUDE
02-07-15, 09:01 PM
Omg<<<<<to expand on the Hareon animal it cost 5million!!!

For me won't take that long but pfffft I feel for people that find hard to save 1million BUT you only need 12 runes

Then last 3 are 70 runes and million each

kbli7355
02-07-15, 09:15 PM
The basic elements historically are earth, water, air and fire. Anything else is not a basic element. For the game to have more than 4 elements, any other than those 4 are not basic, pure ones. And IMO, any derivative of those 4 is as valid as a derivative of any other (or combo of them).

Sand is one type of earth. So is metal.
Ice and snow are two forms of water.
Light is an aspect of fire.
Tree is a type of nature. But FWIW, they are calling this new element "living wood." So there is some sort of magic implied (as opposed to just plain "wood"), and also implied is that it may take forms other than a tree one day.
You are right, Zenobia. But I just don't understand how TL thinks anything can be considered as an element. In this game, an element is supposed to be expandable, can produce more ideas of hybrids. The elements that are already in the game are definitely expandable. But a wood element, are all the critters gonna be based on different kinds of trees? I can't say they are animals anymore, they are living trees, not creatures, unless the meaning of the term "animal" or "creature" in this game is already beyond what it's original meaning.
To me, creatures can be magical and mythological, but it doesn't work right when it turned to a tree... It just doesn't work that way. And the reason why I listed those elements is because they are expandable. There are lots of animals live in the deserts, TL can create them into the element of sand. So are the ice and snow. Gas may not be realistic, so I take that back.
There are many expandable ideas for TL to use. I just don't understand the tree element.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 09:18 PM
Omg<<<<<to expand on the Hareon animal it cost 5million!!!

For me won't take that long but pfffft I feel for people that find hard to save 1million BUT you only need 12 runes

Then last 3 are 70 runes and million each

You need only 12 runes for Hareon ? Are you sure?

kbli7355
02-07-15, 09:20 PM
To weigh in, I've never heard of 'gas' and 'sand' being considered basic elements of any kind. To me they are as 'nonsensical' as tree/living wood.

Honestly I wouldn't sweat it - any new element that's not just a limited-time 3-of-a-kind holiday 'element' is fine with me. They could do a 'light' element to counteract dark, or they could do something wacky like 'ghost' and I'd still be happy. (Think of the cool ghost hybrids we could have!)

I still predict that the treent will actually be turnable into a tree, but if not, some kind of sprite-type hybrids or flowery hybrids would be fine with me, too. Anything that takes away from the monotony of nature/fire or earth/fire etc haha.
You say sand is nonsensical to you? Do you know how many animals live in the deserts? That's what I'm trying to say. It is weird how you guys don't have expandable thinkings. I'm tired of explaining.

A2TUDE
02-07-15, 09:45 PM
You need only 12 runes for Hareon ? Are you sure?

Yes the other animal (the animal on top island)says 12 runes BUT 5 million to expand that's the catch lol

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 09:48 PM
Yes the other animal says 12 runes BUT 5 million to expand that's the catch lol

If you didn't expand yet, can you take a screen shot of that and post it here? I hope I'm not asking for to much but it will help our case as some of us used 70 runes to get to that plot.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 09:53 PM
Yes the other animal (the animal on top island)says 12 runes BUT 5 million to expand that's the catch lol

Thanks a lot for the pic :)

A2TUDE
02-07-15, 09:55 PM
Thanks a lot for the pic :)

Hun that's for the top island I'm talkn about

Evi I'm confused what's been happening!?

Vodelle
02-07-15, 10:01 PM
You say sand is nonsensical to you? Do you know how many animals live in the deserts? That's what I'm trying to say. It is weird how you guys don't have expandable thinkings. I'm tired of explaining.
I'm saying sand is not typically considered an element. Seems perhaps we have a different view on the definitions of that particular word here.

I don't disagree that sand can't be a potential element (or desert, or any number of related things) but I don't see how sand or gas are any different than 'living wood' tbh. And I would disagree with your previous post that tree or plant-related animals/beings are out of FFS' purview. Treants are a common mythological creature (just like dragons, manticores, and unicorns) and other plant-related things they could do are things like dryads, forest sprites, etc. I mean, they could literally just make animals with like extra flowers or bark-like skin and it wouldn't be too beyond the pale for a game called 'fantasy forest story.'

zenobia42
02-07-15, 10:11 PM
You are right, Zenobia. But I just don't understand how TL thinks anything can be considered as an element. In this game, an element is supposed to be expandable, can produce more ideas of hybrids. The elements that are already in the game are definitely expandable. But a wood element, are all the critters gonna be based on different kinds of trees? I can't say they are animals anymore, they are living trees, not creatures, unless the meaning of the term "animal" or "creature" in this game is already beyond what it's original meaning.
To me, creatures can be magical and mythological, but it doesn't work right when it turned to a tree... It just doesn't work that way. And the reason why I listed those elements is because they are expandable. There are lots of animals live in the deserts, TL can create them into the element of sand. So are the ice and snow. Gas may not be realistic, so I take that back.
There are many expandable ideas for TL to use. I just don't understand the tree element.

I get it now. I'm not big on the "living wood" element myself. But so far it seems a stand-alone. At this point there are no hybrids including it and there may never be any animal of this element other than the Treent. To me, if an element is a singleton, it doesn't really matter if it doesn't make as much sense as other "elements" that are in dozens of hybrid animals by the time they roll out.

Sand (or maybe "desert" - that evokes what you are talking about to me more now that you've explained it) has a lot of potential - I dig that and can see them coming up with great stuff in that theme. I like metal, too, especially the idea that metal+fire=1 type of metal (copper?), metal+earth= maybe iron, etc. Both sand / desert and metal have a lot more possibilities for lots of hybrids than living wood would seem to. I wish they had an air (or wind or sky) element and only animals with that element would fly but it's waaaayyyy too late for that. (The reason I don't like a gazillion flying animals, almost all of them with huge wingspans, is that they obstruct everything around them - in their habitat, the one above it, and the ones above/right and above/left.)

Anyway, I think the living wood won't hybridize so it doesn't bother me that it doesn't have nearly the potential for inventiveness the other possible "elements" do.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 10:13 PM
Hun that's for the top island I'm talkn about

Evi I'm confused what's been happening!?

Me & melissa and a few others expanded on treent plot and Hareons plot for 70 runes each. It seems that they drop those two counts last night or this morning from 70 runes to 20 runes for treent and 12 runes for Hareon
We're asking that our accounts be credited for the difference. I wasted 108 runes in between Hareons and treent plot.
While I got four expansions completed on the dark island, this was due to the fact that I did spend a lot of gems on getting this mines and runes. We kinda feel ripped off.

19sparkles96
02-07-15, 10:14 PM
New tree element!18187

keller63
02-07-15, 10:33 PM
I admit I like the idea of the living wood element maybe including dryads sprites centaurs etc, that would add a nice little twist baring in mind the designs are unique.

I also am not a big fan of flying creatures but for a different reason. I can't visit my lvl 40 neighbours because the game crashes and the constant flapping only makes things worse and laggier. So the last thing I want to see are more wings, I dont see why the palmeranian needed to have wings.... I would have probably liked it more if it didn't. And just because something has wings doesn't mean it has to fly... A Pegasus could have its wings folded and its animation be it ' flap it's wings as it rises on hind legs(can't think what the word is for that).

Someone mentioned the idea if planets/space and I like that idea, I don't know what you could make but I suppose you could do anything if our current sify is anything to go by.

A2TUDE
02-07-15, 10:35 PM
Me & melissa and a few others expanded on treent plot and Hareons plot for 70 runes each. It seems that they drop those two counts last night or this morning from 70 runes to 20 runes for treent and 12 runes for Hareon
We're asking that our accounts be credited for the difference. I wasted 108 runes in between Hareons and treent plot.
While I got four expansions completed on the dark island, this was due to the fact that I did spend a lot of gems on getting this mines and runes. We kinda feel ripped off.

awww now i understand well if thats the case i used 70 runes for my tree animal id like difference to o wow

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 10:47 PM
awww now i understand well if thats the case i used 70 runes for my tree animal id like difference to o wow

We started a new thread for those who spent 70 runes on any of these two plots.
Find it and add your storm ID there.
We're waiting on TLs response

A2TUDE
02-07-15, 10:50 PM
We started a new thread for those who spent 70 runes on any of these two plots.
Find it and add your storm ID there.
We're waiting on TLs response

ok i will ty hun

kbli7355
02-08-15, 08:26 AM
I'm saying sand is not typically considered an element. Seems perhaps we have a different view on the definitions of that particular word here.

I don't disagree that sand can't be a potential element (or desert, or any number of related things) but I don't see how sand or gas are any different than 'living wood' tbh. And I would disagree with your previous post that tree or plant-related animals/beings are out of FFS' purview. Treants are a common mythological creature (just like dragons, manticores, and unicorns) and other plant-related things they could do are things like dryads, forest sprites, etc. I mean, they could literally just make animals with like extra flowers or bark-like skin and it wouldn't be too beyond the pale for a game called 'fantasy forest story.'

Ok. I agree that treents are mythological animals. But what's the point of making an individual element out of it? Treent can be a nature hybrid. According to this logic, we can make a dragon element out of it, which I think would be a better idea. But a tree element is just way too stupid.

kbli7355
02-08-15, 08:33 AM
I get it now. I'm not big on the "living wood" element myself. But so far it seems a stand-alone. At this point there are no hybrids including it and there may never be any animal of this element other than the Treent. To me, if an element is a singleton, it doesn't really matter if it doesn't make as much sense as other "elements" that are in dozens of hybrid animals by the time they roll out.

Sand (or maybe "desert" - that evokes what you are talking about to me more now that you've explained it) has a lot of potential - I dig that and can see them coming up with great stuff in that theme. I like metal, too, especially the idea that metal+fire=1 type of metal (copper?), metal+earth= maybe iron, etc. Both sand / desert and metal have a lot more possibilities for lots of hybrids than living wood would seem to. I wish they had an air (or wind or sky) element and only animals with that element would fly but it's waaaayyyy too late for that. (The reason I don't like a gazillion flying animals, almost all of them with huge wingspans, is that they obstruct everything around them - in their habitat, the one above it, and the ones above/right and above/left.)

Anyway, I think the living wood won't hybridize so it doesn't bother me that it doesn't have nearly the potential for inventiveness the other possible "elements" do.

That's why I'm complaining here. Only if TL make the Treent relate to the second nest in the future, I look down to this creature. And I don't think it's a new KIND of animal: if you look closely, it is the same as the the walking sloths. TL has way more better ideas available than this one. And I'm expecting an element that actually has potential to produce more hybrids, this one is the same as no new element.

Vodelle
02-08-15, 08:41 AM
Ok. I agree that treents are mythological animals. But what's the point of making an individual element out of it? Treent can be a nature hybrid. According to this logic, we can make a dragon element out of it, which I think would be a better idea. But a tree element is just way too stupid.
Honestly, I think this is a silly argument since I believe the treent will turn into a second tree and is a one-off element and not the kind of element they will be making hybrids with. (Kind of like how christmas/valentines are just... randomly there. Honestly I think they are worse than any kind of living wood etc element lol.)

I would looooove something like a space element, or metal/air/etc as people have pointed out. There are lots of random-but-interesting things they could go with. I think that having a new breedable element (regardless of what it is) is going to be great because it will inject some more diversity into the game in regards to breedings/aesthetic. :)

readysetgo888
02-08-15, 09:31 AM
And I'm expecting an element that actually has potential to produce more hybrids, this one is the same as no new element.

Yes. I'm quite disappointed that the animal on the dark islands isn't new element like electric.

I do not believe the Treent will ever be a breedable element with tons of hybrids... the "tree" element doesn't seem to have that kind of potential. You know what would be really cool though? Maybe like a single hybrid for each basic element, like gem hybrids... a fire tree, a water dark, a dark tree, etc... and then when you bred the tree hybrid with another hybrid it would increase your chances for getting a super rare? That would be awesome... but I doubt TL has that much imagination. And probably wouldn't be that nice.

readysetgo888
02-08-15, 09:37 AM
Oh by the way everyone... the Treent is strong against dark and gem in battle. Weak to water, neutral to everything else. At least, I think so. I have a couple more battles to do and I wasn't able to test it out against every single element combo, but I believe this is correct.

I have a feeling this information is going to come in quite useful on Tuesday...

Vodelle
02-08-15, 09:49 AM
Oh by the way everyone... the Treent is strong against dark and gem in battle. Weak to water, neutral to everything else. At least, I think so. I have a couple more battles to do and I wasn't able to test it out against every single element combo, but I believe this is correct.

I have a feeling this information is going to come in quite useful on Tuesday...
We know Tuesday & Friday they are releasing the love dove and the pony. I forget - do they ever release something like that and a tournament on the same day? (I assume we would have a long tourney since we seem to have one every other week or so and during world events, but it would be a different animal, right?)

readysetgo888
02-08-15, 09:56 AM
We know Tuesday & Friday they are releasing the love dove and the pony. I forget - do they ever release something like that and a tournament on the same day? (I assume we would have a long tourney since we seem to have one every other week or so and during world events, but it would be a different animal, right?)

They have definitely done a new breedable animal and a tournament on the same day... but it has been a while, I think. Lately it seems like it has just been one or the other. However, we haven't had a full length tournament during the event, so I'm pretty sure they will have one. The event ends on the 17th, so the only chance for a full length tournament would be if it started Tuesday. I think they will do both a tournament and the Love Dove.

readysetgo888
02-08-15, 10:19 AM
If there is anyone who hasn't expanded to the Treent yet, can you please please take a screenshot of the number of runes needed and post it for us? Those of us who expanded when it was still 70 runes may need it to get our runes back!

keller63
02-08-15, 12:31 PM
Ill try and get it but I'm miles away, someone might get it before me

rjazz
02-08-15, 06:08 PM
I'm level 40 and anytime I try to tap on it. It just says you need to be at level 20 to expand. Although I haven't completely expanded the whole lower green island yet- maybe that's why. So I can't see how much it cost.

readysetgo888
02-08-15, 06:20 PM
I'm level 40 and anytime I try to tap on it. It just says you need to be at level 20 to expand. Although I haven't completely expanded the whole lower green island yet- maybe that's why. So I can't see how much it cost.

You shouldn't have to completely expand the green island - just expand over to it. If you've expanded so that it's next to you and it still won't let you at least see the number of runes/coins you need, that sounds like a glitch.

dw9893
02-08-15, 06:22 PM
I dont have a picture but when I expanded there it was 70 runes and 10 million coins.

rjazz
02-08-15, 09:20 PM
You shouldn't have to completely expand the green island - just expand over to it. If you've expanded so that it's next to you and it still won't let you at least see the number of runes/coins you need, that sounds like a glitch.
Thank you Ready, I have probably 2 more expansions until I'm right next to him.. I appreciate your help!

esmeetje1990
02-09-15, 07:33 AM
Am I the only one who's going to need weeks to expand to the plots with these new animals? I need to clear two other plots before I can even reach Treent, and the same goes for the other animal. And all of my new expansions require 70 runes, which take so long to get :(

keller63
02-09-15, 08:37 AM
my expansions dont take me 70, i havent finished first ice shelf yet, but im about 3-4 expansions from treent. takes me a little while to gather 1mil coins for my expansions atm though, takes a few days to a week

zenobia42
02-09-15, 09:47 AM
Am I the only one who's going to need weeks to expand to the plots with these new animals? I need to clear two other plots before I can even reach Treent, and the same goes for the other animal. And all of my new expansions require 70 runes, which take so long to get :(

Not the only one by a long shot! I expanded there, having expanded to the spot closest to it only about a week ago, but I have been playing the game from when it was first released in July. A lot of the more prolific posters here, like myself, have been playing from the start or nearly so. But probably more players are in your boat than mine... or even farther from reaching the square than you. Good luck in the mine - I hope it doesn't take you too long!

kooky panda
02-09-15, 11:29 AM

You and I seem to be close in our expansions. Do not click the animal, tap the expansion sign. You should have one spot open to expand. ( 70 runes- 1 mill coins)
After that I two more until you can expand to the animal.

rjazz
02-09-15, 11:48 AM
You and I seem to be close in our expansions. Do not click the animal, tap the expansion sign. You should have one spot open to expand. ( 70 runes- 1 mill coins)
After that I two more until you can expand to the animal.
Thanks Kooky, It's going to be a long 2 expansions! (I was tapping on the expansion signs too).

A2TUDE
02-09-15, 01:50 PM
Looks like no love dove today :/

ninasidstorm8
02-09-15, 01:54 PM

You are not alone, I am in the same spot. Need to clear two more spots before I can reach the Teent. I have 35 runes right now, so I figure it will get there in about 2 1/2 weeks unless I take to speed breeding.

xxxe
02-09-15, 02:05 PM
I started going for the Heron or whatever it's called first because it was less expansions away than the Tree. I expanded on the Ice Shelf pretty much all the way and I wish I had done the lower island first. So frustrating. Oh well I guess in 3 months I'll have a new Tree type.

zenobia42
02-09-15, 02:12 PM

Normally new releases are Tuesdays and Fridays, so there is a good chance we'll see something new tomorrow. :)

cocauina
02-09-15, 02:21 PM

You should pay more attention to the pop up's..

ninasidstorm8
02-09-15, 02:30 PM
You should pay more attention to the pop up's..

I noticed that popup this morning as well. I found the wording on the two remaining creatures a little odd. Are they trying to say the second valentine animal (available) will be a tournament prize that starts tomorrow and then the final animal (breedable) will be released on the 13th? I guess we will find out tomorrow.