PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Item Bundles! (iOS 1.7.5+ only)

FrozenTurtle
02-04-15, 11:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DHZGAlwl.png

Do you always enjoy having a theme to your Restaurant? Do you enjoy going through the design menu and picking out things that go well together? So do we! We're very excited to be introducing a brand new feature as part of the Restaurant Story 1.7.5 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id394807905?at=10l3QL&ct=forum) release - Item Bundles!

Item Bundles are a set or theme of items that we put together and make available for purchase at a hugely discounted price! These Item Bundles will be available in the expansion tab, along with the Mystery Boxes, but please make note of the distinction that you will receive every item contained in the Item Bundle with your purchase. Also, these are a one-time purchase per Item Bundle per game. Once you buy the Item Bundle, you will no longer be able to see that particular Bundle available in your game.

We really hope you enjoy this new feature! Please see below for a bit more information about how to buy one. If you have any questions, please post them here. Thanks!

Our very first Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory) Item Bundle is the Classic Bundle, which contains the following:
4x Bistro Table
8x Bistro Chairs
4x Granite Counters
2x Industrial Fridges
1x Classic Chef
1x Culinary Artist
1x Dishwasher
1x Ticket Station
5x Ivy wallpapers
10x Elegant floor tiles

1) Navigate to the expansions tab and find the Item Bundle you wish to purchase.

http://i.imgur.com/EUJQh39l.png

2) Take a moment to view all the items that are included in the Bundle - you can scroll up and down to view them all!

http://i.imgur.com/hhEMj1Ml.png

3) Once you buy the Bundle, you will notice red notification icons above each tab where you received your new items! Navigate to each tab to view them all.

http://i.imgur.com/fYZ9sMvl.png

fatbearsecondary
02-04-15, 11:37 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I love the idea of getting some control over the smaller prizes from boxes. I'm a huge fan of the 3rd and 4th prizes, usually, but chasing one or 2 of them just isn't feasible. Can't wait to see this in action.

Natasha_07
02-04-15, 11:37 AM
Interesting...

LalaSmooth
02-04-15, 11:53 AM
Is this available for android users?

kooky panda
02-04-15, 11:57 AM
Is this available for android users?
Looks like this is for IOS only (version 1.7.5. only)

PepperWoo
02-04-15, 11:58 AM
Ohh this is so cool! Wonder how long are the bundle gonna stay? It's not an lto right?

therainbowscafe
02-04-15, 12:41 PM
Really interesting idea, something new finally..!!! Hope it's not a LTO...

StevenKevin
02-04-15, 12:50 PM
Awesome idea!!!!!! Well not so awesome im a faithful droid..... seems like its another matter of lobbying between TL and.... say.... IOS manufacturers..... :(

queentina3
02-04-15, 12:51 PM
Frozen Turtle, you said that once we purchase the bundle we'll no longer be able to see it in our game, does that mean the actual bundle to purchase again, or the individual pieces (like the granite counter, tables, chairs) were we may want to purchase more than just what came in the bundle? I'm a little confused on that one point.

I love this idea of buying a theme in a bundle, but not if it means the individual pieces won't be available to purchase more of out of the design tabs.

barbaraann72
02-04-15, 01:31 PM
I'd like to start the standing ovation! Hope it makes it's way to Android shortly.

First prize not included?

PepperWoo
02-04-15, 01:42 PM
Frozen Turtle, you said that once we purchase the bundle we'll no longer be able to see it in our game, does that mean the actual bundle to purchase again, or the individual pieces (like the granite counter, tables, chairs) were we may want to purchase more than just what came in the bundle? I'm a little confused on that one point.

Pretty sure it meant just the bundle itself is a one-time purchase, or it wouldn't make sense to limit us in obtaining more than 10 tiles. XD

LavaRain8
02-04-15, 02:04 PM
Nice. But I seriously hope that this isn't like the block button that somehow never makes its way to Android and we get to see this sticky topic looming above us the entire time...

igames4me
02-04-15, 02:11 PM
Wow not bad but wondering if everyone's bundle costs the same? Mine is 80 gems

queentina3
02-04-15, 02:30 PM
Pretty sure it meant just the bundle itself is a one-time purchase, or it wouldn't make sense to limit us in obtaining more than 10 tiles. XD

That is what I was figuring but wanted confirmation just in case. I already have some of the tables, chairs, tiles, and counters and didn't want to lose what I had or not have the opportunity to purchase more. I keep changing my counters - keeping some for months and then when my food sells out, changing it up again. Depending on how much food I've made depends on how many counters I ultimately have. LOL

That is what mine cost as well. Since I have so many of the items for this one already, I'm bypassing it and just waiting to see what the next one offers.

FrozenTurtle
02-04-15, 02:33 PM

I love this idea of buying a theme in a bundle, but not if it means the individual pieces won't be available to purchase more of out of the design tabs.

Just the bundle at the discounted price will become unavailable. You can purchase as many of the individual items as you wish

I'd like to start the standing ovation! Hope it makes it's way to Android shortly.

We're glad you like it! For this bundle, the Chef's Station is not included, but thanks for sharing your feedback! We're planning to release more of these bundles in the future (though, probably not as often as regular content), so it's great to hear what you guys think. :)

queentina3
02-04-15, 02:35 PM
Thanks Frozen Turtle!!! That is just what I wanted to know and am even more excited about the bundles now.

twospoons
02-04-15, 03:03 PM
ooh, multiple box items! and i really want that ticket station too. if i didn't already have 2 dishwashers and chef and the fridge, i would totally get this.

you know, if i weren't android. :(

pixiegamer
02-04-15, 04:15 PM
ooh, multiple box items! and i really want that ticket station too. if i didn't already have 2 dishwashers and the chef and the fridge, i would totally get this.

you know, if i weren't android. :(

Ah Android woes :( FrozenTurtle, any ETA on when Droiders might see this feature? And will bundles include items that were previously removed/LTOs?

Natasha_07
02-04-15, 05:33 PM
I hope to see 'Bundle of the Month' for android in very near future. Once a month a different theme ain't bad at all.

panix
02-04-15, 07:32 PM
I love this idea!! What a great new feature :) I'm not too keen on anything in this bundle, but I would love one that included items from the gardeners box!! I love everything in that box so I would definitely buy that one!

therainbowscafe
02-04-15, 10:21 PM

Same here...

DonnaRe4
02-04-15, 10:32 PM
I'm so tired of things that are only for Apple users. Everyone playing should have the same opportunities. I have to pay for gems with just as much money as an Apple user. And I'd like the ability to block people if necessary.

bdhp
02-05-15, 12:19 AM
It is good but can't waste 80 gems for that.

AliSweet876
02-05-15, 05:36 AM
I love this idea!! What a great new feature :) I'm not too keen on anything in this bundle, but I would love one that included items from the gardeners box!! I love everything in that box so I would definitely buy that one!

don't get me started on that gardener's chest...SOLD...no questions asked...esp if it included the floral ****** wallpaper :p

AliSweet876
02-05-15, 09:20 AM
would also love if they did a music bundle with items frm the music box and melody box...maybe even throw in the Irish Band (2nd place prize) frm the lucky chest...random, yes, but its sooo freakin' cute :)

twospoons
02-05-15, 02:45 PM
oh, gardeners one would be fantastic! and good choice on the wallpaper--i'd want them to include more than they seem to be at the moment though. and i would buy a carnival bundle, even if it repeated all of my many many carnival parts, if it included the last 2nd place item from that box that i don't have--esp. if it were combined with birthday box's bouncy castle and clown. (yeah, i know i'm like the only person who actually wants clowns.)

beach theme (which i would totally get) & sports themes (which i wouldn't, but only cause i have enough already) would probably also be very easy to put together.

also, congrats on coming up with something that would actually get me to spend 80 or 100 gems at a time, TL! cause 70 for a single display was way too much for me, but 100 for that same display if there's a bunch of other stuff with it seems reasonable.

happyheartfla
02-07-15, 08:11 AM
I don't understand why Droid is always left in the dust! IF YOU ADD SOMETHING TO THE GAME, THEN IT SHOULD BE FOR EVERYONE! This one shouldn't even be hard...instead of a random add from a box to a player's inventory, it is a multi-add of every item in the 'box'.
I'm really sick of the discrepencies! :mad:

AliSweet876
02-08-15, 12:23 PM
i would buy a carnival bundle, esp. if it were combined with birthday box's bouncy castle and clown. (yeah, i know i'm like the only person who actually wants clowns.)

you're not the only one...love the clown and bounce house frm tht box!

ChekiChan
02-11-15, 01:58 AM
I only want one item from it (i.e. the ticket station), as I already got others in that bundle. It would be too much (80 gems) for one item!

caramellenina
02-11-15, 07:34 AM
What is going on with gem sales on IOS? When I was on android there were always sales. There are a lot of items I would like to purchase before they are gone but if they don't put the gems on sale soon, they'll just have to go.

jandtandn
02-11-15, 07:39 AM
Gem sales are random. As for these bundles, I love them! I've already bought several in both RS and BS. It's a great way for my lower level accounts to get items, especially those that are now unavailable (barista counter). I hope they offer a new one next month.

twospoons
02-13-15, 06:20 AM
TL--any chance you could let us know if the items that are currently exclusive to the bundles in RS & BS will be making an appearance in the regular decor tabs once the limited time bundles expire? because that's what i'm hoping.

PepperWoo
02-18-15, 12:27 PM
5-day timer on the Classic Bundle.

LalaSmooth
02-18-15, 12:30 PM
5-day timer on the Classic Bundle.

I seen this whilst playing on my iPhone (stupid android won't work) I was going to get it but I used my gems to unlock the last love potion of the goal

PepperWoo
02-18-15, 12:51 PM
I seen this whilst playing on my iPhone (stupid android won't work) I was going to get it but I used my gems to unlock the last love potion of the goal

Get cookin' and buy that bundle! It's too good to miss in my opinion, unless you go big on boxes. XD

yeahitsami
02-21-15, 10:02 AM
It is good but can't waste 80 gems for that.

I'm pretty much on the same boat but torn about it as well. There are items I would and wouldn't buy from the bundle but I do like the fact that there are options for something in bulk. It's way better to get a bundle than one or two things that would have been almost the same price alone. Compared to buying boxes, I think knowing what you're going to get than just a "chance" of getting 1st prize is way more appealing! :)

4 tables and 8 chairs is like having 4 hot dogs and 8 buns. Lol I think if it was a bit balanced with the wallpaper, tables, chairs, and floor tiles it would be a little better.

lynniefish
02-24-15, 12:07 PM
Hey, Team Lava, please bring us another bundle tomorrow...with a spring theme, perhaps?

jandtandn
02-24-15, 12:31 PM
4 tables and 8 chairs is like having 4 hot dogs and 8 buns. Lol I think if it was a bit balanced with the wallpaper, tables, chairs, and floor tiles it would be a little better.

I have to agree with that. I know some players like to style one table and two chairs, but it's kind of silly. The small amount of wallpaper (5 pieces) is off, too.

lainholic
02-25-15, 02:57 PM
i have an android phone so i can't even see the bundles, can someone post the content of the bundles so we can see what we're missing? or updates of bundles as it comes along? many thanks

PepperWoo
02-25-15, 06:48 PM
i have an android phone so i can't even see the bundles, can someone post the content of the bundles so we can see what we're missing? or updates of bundles as it comes along? many thanks

You can check the first page of this thread for the contents of the first bundle. The contents of the second bundle here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78423-Restaurant-Update-02-11-2015&p=1053483&viewfull=1#post1053483

mnmpets98
03-04-15, 10:52 AM
i'd like to start the standing ovation! Hope it makes it's way to android shortly.

that would be way cool if they give it to android users also!

AliSweet876
03-22-15, 01:10 PM
would also love if they did a music bundle with items frm the music box and melody box...maybe even throw in the Irish Band (2nd place prize) frm the lucky chest...random, yes, but its sooo freakin' cute :)

Btw...got the Irish Band on my very 1st try dipping into the Lucky Chest when it was on sale the other day! Omg...it's such a steal at 20 gems. I could not be happier! To me, it's way better than the Jazz Band offered in the bundle and the Open Mic tht was offered with the coffee update.

DLL137
03-25-15, 12:07 PM
If this is how bundles are going to work I hope it goes the way of the dinosaurs and million dollar gold bean! It's a slap in the face with a feathered brick to both Apple and Android users!:mad:

twospoons
03-25-15, 12:14 PM
If this is how bundles are going to work I hope it goes the way of the dinosaurs and million dollar gold bean! It's a slap in the face with a feathered brick to both Apple and Android users!:mad:

could not agree more. as an android user, i'm happy S8 took our issues with the unfairness of bundles into consideration. unfortunately, their solution was to bring unfairness to our iOS friends, which was, in a word, stupid. just put the darned things on hold until you've figured out how to code them for android, and in the meantime, equal releases for everyone!

Natasha_07
03-25-15, 12:19 PM
could not agree more. as an android user, i'm happy S8 took our issues with the unfairness of bundles into consideration. unfortunately, their solution was to bring unfairness to our iOS friends, which was, in a word, stupid. just put the darned things on hold until you've figured out how to code them for android, and in the meantime, equal releases for everyone!

First they burn androids without bundles, now iOS got burned with bundles.

They should fix the whole bundle issue first before making it available, in meantime just make the items available for everyone in the market.

DLL137
03-26-15, 10:46 AM
First they burn androids without bundles, now iOS got burned with bundles.

They should fix the whole bundle issue first before making it available, in meantime just make the items available for everyone in the market.

Completely agree. When it first came out I thought it would incorporate items from different boxes and the market that may go together for a theme; so let's take this Easter holiday for the example...if I was putting together a bundle for this holiday I would have the May dancer, Maypole cake from the May box, bunny waiter from woodland box, lily vase from the magic bouquet and Easter basket & Bunny pen from the Easter chest. The "giant" rose basket for coins works for the theme so I'd throw that in there too for the fun of it. However, if adding content that is not already available in anyway, say the new table & chairs, I would put it in the market and then into the bundle..6 of each..we leave 6 tips and I know I'm not the only one who is a stickler for that and would appreciate that from you, Storm8. :) I would refrain from adding ANY cooking appliance unless it's one of the mighty ones from the magic box! Just my thoughts, I know no one asked me but I care and I wanted to share :)