PDA

View Full Version : Smitten Kitten - 2-6-15

Pages : [1] 2

kooky panda
02-03-15, 07:25 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/e6bc7969c1fe4d965e7bc1e1d5e938cc/tumblr_inline_nj86lkV5iy1qm7yoc.pngWe?re

feline good about this purrfect creature! The Smitten Kitten is sure to spread some love in Fantasy Forest Story (https://www.facebook.com/fantasyforestapp)!

8 Hours

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18146&d=1423251329 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18146&d=1423251329)

zenobia42
02-03-15, 07:27 PM
It's really super-cute. I'm a cat person, what can I say? I love it.

So, any word on what elements this critter will be? I am hoping not another new element that can only be gotten (or not gotten as it may be) through breeding... like the Xmas element that could only be bred and ALL the other holiday creatures that could be won in tournaments and events NOT having that new element - ONLY through breeding which is 100% luck.

EviBrooklyn
02-03-15, 07:32 PM
Omg this is a nightmare, though these 2 new love element creatures are cute, I have no space whatsoever for more limited animals unless this is a new element that is here to stay and they'll release it with the new expansions like they did with leopard.
They'll probably release 3 of them just like they did with the Christmas element..( I'm having a heart attack here)

knj00
02-03-15, 07:33 PM
Must have this adorable creature and the habitat. Good job on this one TL. ;)

Although, the idea of 3 more limited (new type) animals is not so great... limited animals, me and this game do not mix well.

keller63
02-03-15, 07:34 PM
Cute as a kitten, I don't like its epic form much tbh, but yeah the habitat is great but I'm not paying for it. At least it looks more rock/fire then the other but it totally looks too valentinesish to be that simple

Also considering the Christmas event, why do I think it's valentines/fire? These certainly don't look earth enough..

readysetgo888
02-03-15, 07:35 PM
Well, it sure looks like we're going to be receiving 3 fully pink animals - with a Valentine's element - to go in a $20 Valentine's element habitat. Excuse me while I barf.

I wonder if this is the pattern now - every holiday will get three animals with a gimmicky element (and different second elements) that can only be put together by buying an expensive habitat. I really, really hope not. I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't for the pointless new element aspect. And the fact that the seasonal animals look super out of place the rest of the year. And the fact that they'll probably be super difficult to breed.

That cat is absolutely adorable, however. I do wish it wasn't quite so in-your-face pink. I'm worried that it won't match whatever habitat it has to go in - whatever its other element is aside from the Valentine's element it almost certainly will have. I'm pretty sure it will look super out of place in pretty much any habitat. Maybe I'll do like what I did with Santa Claws and put it in the world event prize habitat. If I even get it. I'd like to get it. I'm tired of cat clones but come on this is such a cutie. Now, if this had been the final world event prize, I would have cared. It is So. Cute.

Foxy_Kit
02-03-15, 07:40 PM
I didnt have ANY luck on the christmas animals, so am both excited but wary of these newbies. Will try though. :)

Really want to see the Valentine-style attack :p

keller63
02-03-15, 07:40 PM
Also as the response with love dove said, At least we have a time on when is coming out, next week.... So get prepared ASAP if you are working on them.

Foxy_Kit
02-03-15, 07:45 PM
So because they are pink... Shall we presume it is rock-fire?

EviBrooklyn
02-03-15, 07:56 PM
So because they are pink... Shall we presume it is rock-fire?

I think it will be fire - nature

keller63
02-03-15, 08:00 PM
I think it will be fire - nature

Oh I seriously hope not, far too many of that mix as it is... :(

Melis2a84
02-03-15, 08:12 PM
I absolutely love it can't wait :D

Vodelle
02-03-15, 09:50 PM
This cat is absolutely adorable! Not feeling great about it being potentially limited, though. I hope my luck with it is good. :S

Or the fact there might be 3 (or whatever) 'valentines' elements animals for the sole purpose of selling an overpriced 500-gem habitat. You know, I'd spend more money on FFS if they actually gave an inch - sales, better value, etc. But not the way they've been going recently, with things like gem traps and poorly-priced habitats.

rjazz
02-03-15, 11:33 PM
Love it, wish it wasn't quite so pink. Hope it's not too hard to get.

dalexxx
02-04-15, 01:16 AM
3 little kittens has lost their mittens. pie pie pie ::3

is that a new habitat? probably valentines habitat like in DS

Buttercup0001
02-04-15, 02:59 AM
Im a cat lover and pink is my favorite colour. I absolutely love this cat. It's so adorable. I dont mind the habitat either. I realy want it. :D

Crr008
02-04-15, 05:18 AM
Terribly Cute!!!!

Doompicnic
02-04-15, 08:16 AM
Oh My! Love this one. Hope I can get it.

cquinn32
02-04-15, 08:49 AM
Really like this kitten!! But like some of the others I wish we had some more expansions!!!!

jim23cash
02-04-15, 11:29 AM
I love the new creature, loved them cute habitat, love the world event and prizes, love having more new creatures to try to breed. My album is full, and I don't have much to do between events/tournaments or new releases.
There are a few things I would like to see change:
*Expansions more often
*Uncap the runes for expansion
*Create another way to gain items in events, like adventures, visiting neighbors or evolving creatures.
*More decorations
*Ability to battle anytime for prize items (like in DS)

Thanks, Annie

infinitelove19
02-04-15, 02:15 PM
OMG, OMG, OMG!! I want it sooooo much! I am surprised how much I WANT it.
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

^^^ Seriously, I cannot express my need for this pretty kitty.

Sure hope it is breedable & that I will breed it successfully! OMG, OMG, OMG
Or maybe a Valentine's day present from TL??? ;-P

purplemouse1
02-04-15, 03:47 PM
Yeah I'm really losing my faith in this game. It was fun originally but I started in mid November and I've only seen the rate of new animals go through the roof - and the super-pricey Holiday 'element' habitat and blatant recolor-and-release strategy they're employing for this endless parade of new creatures is just dull.

It's become impossible to keep up - I just now got a Snowpossum and there's already the Paradise Parrot and now a Palmeranian and now this news of a new, possible Holiday element trio like at Christmas.. give me a break.

I play a few other of TL's games - Bakery Story and Fairy Tale Wonderland, specifically - but I've invested very little to no money in either. I'm about ready to pull my spending completely on FFS too, and I know I'm not the only one. They clearly only care about trying to make money hand over fist with gimmicky super-expensive habitats, one-time elements and of course those miserable tournaments where if you get unlucky, your level 15 super rare gets whooped by a level 5 common because you didn't get a crit. I don't need this kind of breakneck release pace, stressful tournaments, or the constant pressure to pay up for gems, from my games.

The cat's cute, and I'll try to get it but I'm at the end of my rope with TL's greed and awful service.

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 03:49 PM
Yeah I'm really losing my faith in this game. It was fun originally but I started in mid November and I've only seen the rate of new animals go through the roof - and the super-pricey Holiday 'element' habitat and blatant recolor-and-release strategy they're employing for this endless parade of new creatures is just dull.

It's become impossible to keep up - I just now got a Snowpossum and there's already the Paradise Parrot and now a Palmeranian and now this news of a new, possible Holiday element trio like at Christmas.. give me a break.

I play a few other of TL's games - Bakery Story and Fairy Tale Wonderland, specifically - but I've invested very little to no money in either. I'm about ready to pull my spending completely on FFS too, and I know I'm not the only one. They clearly only care about trying to make money hand over fist with gimmicky super-expensive habitats, one-time elements and of course those miserable tournaments where if you get unlucky, your level 15 super rare gets whooped by a level 5 common because you didn't get a crit. I don't need this kind of breakneck release pace, stressful tournaments, or the constant pressure to pay up for gems, from my games.

The cat's cute, and I'll try to get it but I'm at the end of my rope with TL's greed and awful service.

You bet. Totally agree!

Vodelle
02-04-15, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the only money I've spent was literally around when I first joined (also mid-November!) on the crystal unicorn (and the vampire cat, because why not). I don't regret either purchase but FFS has done nothing to convince me to spend money on it - they don't have sales, they employ obviously money-grubbing tactics, etc etc. I mean, I am fine chugging along as a non-spender - it just means I'll get like 1/10th the animals others do. :p

Totally going to *** for this cat, and I would legitimately be upset if I don't get it. Buuuut not enough to spend money unless they change their tune.

purplemouse1
02-04-15, 04:24 PM
I really wish they actually read these forums - or actually read them and took our issues into consideration. Instead they're going to continue alienating older and more long-term players, scamming new players out of some early cash with obvious gem-traps every month or two, and then laughing all the way to the bank at our expense.

I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but I played Dragon Story for a while, too, and from what I've seen it's gotten absolutely awful and FFS is just DS with a new coat of paint and a different menagerie.. what's to keep one from expecting it to go down the same route? The one time they made premium habitats a reasonable 150 gems it was for a couple of days only - and as far as I recall the Holiday Hamlet wasn't involved in that sale. So.

Really, I hate to be the pessimist but like I said - in 3 months I've seen a significant decrease in the quality of the game as they shovel in more and more cheap money-grabs and continue to be totally oblivious (perhaps intentionally so) to the wants and needs of their customers. In the meantime, I'll be taking my money elsewhere and getting my gems from installing some of their other bland clone games (and then promptly uninstalling because forget that noise) and keeping up with my neighbors who send gems to me.

Newer players take heed - it's not going to get any better from here on out. Don't shell out a single dime if you can help it.

keller63
02-04-15, 06:07 PM
i started around the same time as you, i didnt get halloween and thanksgiving started about 1 week after i started up, its been soooo hard getting all the limited animals, i havent spent alot of time on normal hybrids. and not to mention all the tournaments i missed out on because i wasnt the right lvl and when i was i had no fighters to help me really, no SR's. its been a very testing, keeping em on my toes kind of game and during tournaments, been affecting my sleep -.-

really not what you want in a game you put on your phone just for something to do now and then to entertain yourself. you have to log in practically every hour to keep up with everything -.-

its lucky these events encourage me to plant crops, when i first started i wasnt lvling anything as i could afford food with all the habitats expansions and rubble...

purplemouse1
02-04-15, 06:25 PM
Oh don't even get me started on the rubble! I just made an ice island expansion that literally cost more to clear than it did to expand to that zone. Honestly, the obscene coin and food costs of expanding/clearing/buying habitats/raising animals make the game feel less like an enjoyable challenge and more like a never-ending slog, interspersed with obstacles put in the way to goad you into buying gems or coins. It was only in the last tournament or two that I've been able to avoid having to ultimate-attack the last 3-4 rounds.

Honestly, I was feeling a bit sour towards TL and FFS in general before this latest holiday nonsense but it's gone from mildly sour to downright hostile. I feel like we're not being given any fair chance of actually getting new/limited animals unless we've got the cash to spend on gems to spend on speed-breeding/tournaments, the new elements are decent but honestly it's too little, too late, and having recently read that this holiday event will mean the required items per day is much higher than the Christmas one (combined with the fact that all three of the individual animal prizes are, in my humble opinion, boring recolors that have zero appeal to me), makes me want to just delete the game and forget about it.

Like, I want to buy gems because I genuinely feel inclined to and the use of them is rewarding - not because I'm down to the wire to beat a tournament, or because I'm desperately trying to get enough of the item du jour for the holiday event, or to speed-breed until I get that awesome-but-limited critter. Instead of rewarding, I feel like I'm practically being robbed - give us your money for gems or you can kiss that one-time-only neat thing goodbye. A game shouldn't make you feel like you HAVE to pay to play, whether it's hard cash or in excesses of attention and time (looking at you, flash tournaments).

Sorry, we're kinda getting off topic here. I mean it is related to them releasing yet another holiday event and holiday element trio but, still.. ugh.

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 06:39 PM
Oh don't even get me started on the rubble! I just made an ice island expansion that literally cost more to clear than it did to expand to that zone. Honestly, the obscene coin and food costs of expanding/clearing/buying habitats/raising animals make the game feel less like an enjoyable challenge and more like a never-ending slog, interspersed with obstacles put in the way to goad you into buying gems or coins. It was only in the last tournament or two that I've been able to avoid having to ultimate-attack the last 3-4 rounds.

Honestly, I was feeling a bit sour towards TL and FFS in general before this latest holiday nonsense but it's gone from mildly sour to downright hostile. I feel like we're not being given any fair chance of actually getting new/limited animals unless we've got the cash to spend on gems to spend on speed-breeding/tournaments, the new elements are decent but honestly it's too little, too late, and having recently read that this holiday event will mean the required items per day is much higher than the Christmas one (combined with the fact that all three of the individual animal prizes are, in my humble opinion, boring recolors that have zero appeal to me), makes me want to just delete the game and forget about it.

Like, I want to buy gems because I genuinely feel inclined to and the use of them is rewarding - not because I'm down to the wire to beat a tournament, or because I'm desperately trying to get enough of the item du jour for the holiday event, or to speed-breed until I get that awesome-but-limited critter. Instead of rewarding, I feel like I'm practically being robbed - give us your money for gems or you can kiss that one-time-only neat thing goodbye. A game shouldn't make you feel like you HAVE to pay to play, whether it's hard cash or in excesses of attention and time (looking at you, flash tournaments).

Sorry, we're kinda getting off topic here. I mean it is related to them releasing yet another holiday event and holiday element trio but, still.. ugh.

I would save your posts and maybe post them in their own thread? So they aren't OT? I agree with everything you are saying.

purplemouse1
02-04-15, 06:46 PM
I would, readysetgo, but to be honest? I don't think there'd be any point. I sincerely doubt TL reads these complaints or, if they do, that they're going to change their policies in the least. As I pointed out previously, they have no reason to - if they continue releasing new stuff frequently, unaware newcomers will shell out for gems well before they realize what's going on and leave. And the cycle continues.. But, thanks anyway.

So, let's get back on track here!

In case you missed it, the second Valentines element animal, the Love Dove, was announced recently as well though the thread got shut down. It looks like there's almost definitely going to be a Valentines element habitat (similar to the Holiday Hamlet, with a gem price tag and a limited amount of time to buy it) for these two and the third.

Personally, I'm going to spectate as to the third Valentines animal: since we've got a cat (Smitten Kitten), a bear (Cherub Cub), an armadillo (second individual prize), a bird (Love Dove), a lion (Valentiger) and a manticore (third individual prize), I'm going to make a guess that the third animal will be based off of either the pony or deer type. Maybe a horse, maybe another deer, maybe something else equine or ungulate. Since the other two are basic types (not exotic animals, doves or cats, I mean) I'm going to hazard a guess that it might be based off a domestic critter as well.

Any predictions for the third one?

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 07:38 PM
You're probably right, I would guess a horse - horse/deer and ferret clones are the ones they haven't used yet for Valentine's. I guess it could be another elephant or pig animal as well... hopefully not. Of them, I'd most prefer a horse, I think. Although there are many of them, they are always very pretty. I don't really care for yet another deer or pig and definitely not a ferret clone unless it was quite unique (not even sure that would be possible).

purplemouse1
02-04-15, 07:55 PM
Well, for Christmas they had a deer, dog, lion as the trio.. then for the event, ferret, wolf(dog?), sloth, minotaur.. Thus far we've got a bird, cat, ???? for the trio, and bear, armadillo, manticore, lion for the event.

Hard to say. I think a pony would be nice as long as it's more white than pink. I'd prefer to not have a bubblegum-colored splotch in my forest, haha.

But like, a white horse with red hearts or red/pink accents could be cool? Hey, two of my absolute favorites are pony bases, the Treebra and Unicornicopia. And if nothing else, we might have another tournament (joy oh joy) for a pony base animal since ponies tend to be fairly uncommon.

Vodelle
02-04-15, 08:16 PM
I know someone was throwing the idea of a 'love ewe' around - that would fit the deer type and would be potentially cute?

I do like the horse-types in this game, so if it's a horse, I ain't gonna say no either.

readysetgo888
02-04-15, 08:19 PM
I know someone was throwing the idea of a 'love ewe' around - that would fit the deer type and would be potentially cute?

I do like the horse-types in this game, so if it's a horse, I ain't gonna say no either.

Actually it could be a pink bansheep clone - hey, they wouldn't have to do a single bit of design work, even! Maybe it could happen lol. I just love that pun so much... I won't even mind if it's a direct clone. Ok, I'd mind a little, but that would be so cute, anyway.

keller63
02-04-15, 11:53 PM
im assuming it wouldnt be a 'love ewe' tbh, yes its based off a sheep but they have a 'love dove', that would be two creatures with a very similar name, so i wouldnt count on that.

readysetgo888
02-05-15, 05:50 AM
im assuming it wouldnt be a 'love ewe' tbh, yes its based off a sheep but they have a 'love dove', that would be two creatures with a very similar name, so i wouldnt count on that.

Lol yeah I would be shocked if actually they took anyone's suggestion for an animal. They don't even use any of their own suggestions from the polls. I can dream though... a really cute girly pink bansheep would be awesome.

Anyway, since love dove and smitten kitten rhyme, maybe the 3rd animal will as well... What other words mean love and rhyme with an animal? Hmm.

Foxy_Kit
02-05-15, 06:00 AM
Somehow, I have this mental image of a walking teddy bear hugging a bouquet of flowers... and it battles by bashing the bouquet over the head of the opponent...

keller63
02-05-15, 06:41 AM
I agree another sheep wouldn't go amiss but I did wonder the same with ryhming, I've been trying to think of things and I'll admit 'smitten' never came up so I could be missing something

xxxe
02-05-15, 06:42 AM
Somehow, I have this mental image of a walking teddy bear hugging a bouquet of flowers... and it battles by bashing the bouquet over the head of the opponent...

That's sounds cute! I love when they add in cute attacks. Like the Pumpkin Panda popping off his head. They might reuse animals a lot but at least a lot of the newer animals have had neat attack moves.

keller63
02-05-15, 06:56 AM
I've seen that attack and I'm actually gutted didn't get this hybrid :(. I hope they rerelease some of them for this year for people to have a second attempt at it

Drachenia
02-05-15, 06:10 PM
Hmm I puzzle all the time, with what are breeding this cat! But it can also be a new element, such as Pyro Pony / Tree :D

zenobia42
02-05-15, 06:25 PM
I am still holding out hope that it is just a nature-fire and a fancy expensive habitat. (As opposed to a "love" or "valentine" or whatever new limited element." The stress of limited animals is bad enough. A limited element is just TOO stressful.

Also, they often preview animals on facebook that are actually tournament wins. I bet there is a full-length tournament starting next Tuesday and the other Valentine's animal - the one in the now locked thread - is the prize.

readysetgo888
02-06-15, 10:58 AM
Yeah I expect a full length tournament on Tuesday, but I kind of think this is going to follow the Christmas pattern - I think there will be three "pink" animals with a special element - and they will be bred just like the Christmas animals, using earth-fire this time since those are the world event elements. And the full length tournament will have a different Valentine's themed earth-fire animal as the prize, one we haven't seen yet. I kind of hope I'm wrong, though. Mostly about the new element. I wouldn't mind a full length tournament as long as the prize is unique/cool. I wish the Kitten would be the prize because I realllllly want it, but I highly doubt they'll do another flash tournament starting today. We'll see soon!

Vodelle
02-06-15, 11:03 AM
Yeah I expect a full length tournament on Tuesday, but I kind of think this is going to follow the Christmas pattern - I think there will be three "pink" animals with a special element - and they will be bred just like the Christmas animals, using earth-fire this time since those are the world event elements. And the full length tournament will have a different Valentine's themed earth-fire animal as the prize, one we haven't seen yet. I kind of hope I'm wrong, though. Mostly about the new element. I wouldn't mind a full length tournament as long as the prize is unique/cool. I wish the Kitten would be the prize because I realllllly want it, but I highly doubt they'll do another flash tournament starting today. We'll see soon!
I think you're spot on. We'll see in 1.5 hours what's happening! If it's another valentines 'element' I will complain long and loud because so far, the holiday elements have only served to tempt people to buy overpriced 3-animal habitats that 1) never went on sale and 2) you can't even store soooooo yeah. We'll see. If the xmas element had encompassed all the other tournament/world event creatures I wouldn't have been as pissed (and it would make more sense) but nope. I really do want this cat though, haha. :(

the_harlequin
02-06-15, 11:03 AM
What if this "valentine" habitat costs actually 500 gems like the snowy one we got around Christmas?

readysetgo888
02-06-15, 11:09 AM
What if this "valentine" habitat costs actually 500 gems like the snowy one we got around Christmas?

I'm pretty sure it will....

I actually like both world event habitats better than the 500 gem ones. The Christmas one was really pretty, but would look totally ridiculous to leave out all year, so I would have hesitated to put it out even if it was free. The prize habitat fits in perfectly on the ice shelf, though, and doesn't look out of place now - especially when I didn't put the red and green animals in it lol. And the Valentine's world event habitat is gorgeous... I can't wait to have it out. This one that likely costs money is pretty, but again a bit out of place next to the other ones, and I don't really see a need at all to have both.

zenobia42
02-06-15, 12:32 PM
Smitten Kitten officially Valentine's (or Heart?) NEW ELEMENT + fire.

The habitat is called Lover's Lane, holds the new element, coin cap 25k, and is only 500,000 COINS!!!

ETA: Quest says,

Smitten Kittens are among the softest, cuddliest animals around! I hear you also need one to breed a super special Valentine's Day animal..."

... Have a Smitten Kitten
Breed Fire + Earth

Breed time = 8 hours - which is a UNIQUE time - the other fire + earth possibilities are 12-15 hours. Fails on the longer side but better than the fails on the other limited out right now (nature + electric).

Evolve time = 9 hours.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/3/35/Smitten_Kitten_Baby.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150206193728http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/2/22/Smitten_Kitten_Juvenile.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150206193727http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/b/b1/Smitten_Kitten_Adult.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150206193727http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/e/e8/Smitten_Kitten_Epic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150206193727

Doompicnic
02-06-15, 12:35 PM
Yay the habitat is coins!

Bambamstad
You have to breed it with earth and fire. So we will get fails 12 till 15 hours.

Melis2a84
Yay got it fire n earth

It took me 6 times with pyro n rhino

momohuny
02-06-15, 12:38 PM
8 hr. Breed time...didn't take a pic of the egg, unfortunately...18147

Vodelle
02-06-15, 12:38 PM
Oh no, chimpala flashbacks, haha. First try is an armordillo. :(

The 500k habitat is amazing. Bought one already, hope I get to fill it hahah. I'm actually REALLY surprised it's not a gem habitat and really grateful!

The quest for the smitten kitten is 24 days long so I assume that's how long we have to breed the valentines-elements animals.

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 12:39 PM
Yay got it fire n earth

It took me 6 times with pyro n rhino

Congrats Mel

readysetgo888
02-06-15, 12:41 PM
Shocked that they made the habitat coins - that makes me suspect the Christmas habitat wasn't all that profitable for them.

I really want to get this one! I hope it's available for long enough to give us all a fair chance.

Melis2a84
02-06-15, 12:51 PM
Thx evi xx

Here is the kitten in her habitat at lvl 10

ArcadiaTofu
02-06-15, 12:55 PM
Got it, too, after what seemed like a million Armodillo fails and other horrors >.< On the brightside, though, I now have enough runes to expand to Treeent. Yay, I guess...?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/Photo%20Feb%2006%2C%201%2043%2006%20PM.png

Good luck, everyone---this one's a challenge!

Doompicnic
02-06-15, 12:58 PM
I wish I didn't spend all my coins on expansions and habitats in the last few days lol Oh well glad the habitat is coins :)

zenobia42
02-06-15, 01:14 PM
I don't want to waste a ton of gems speeding the nature + electric fail currently in my nest, so I will start trying for this kitten tonight.

For some of us, this is very close to the worst case scenario we imagined for the animal:

New element
Element only to be gotten by lots of breeding luck, or spending a ton of gems (just like the last holiday element - so far it is NOT possible to get in a tournament or battlegrounds, and looks highly unlikely that will happen at any point).
One must have luck on their side to breed this one with the new element and THEN be lucky again to get the super rare with the element when that is available.
Not sure yet, but I'm going to guess that like the previous holiday element, it will kick butt in tournaments and therefore everyone who does not get it will be understandably bitter in future tournaments.
The ONLY piece of good news in all this (4 of 5 of this list is BAD news IMO) is that the habitat costs coins. I don't like the habitat - not a fan of giant hearts everywhere - but at least I have the choice to buy it for coins should I decide I want it. Also, this kitten has fire so it CAN go in the event habitat we'll be getting soon instead.

ninasidstorm8
02-06-15, 01:14 PM
I managed to get this one on my first try. Maybe my dry spell is over.

Good Luck to everyone.

zenobia42
02-06-15, 01:18 PM
Congrats to all those who got this cutie already!

I am hoping that it will not take me 85 tries like it took me to get the Xmas element (I actually logged all my attempts, and it was on attempt #85 that I finally got it).

A2TUDE
02-06-15, 01:20 PM
Congrats mel xo

Got it on about 10 try

Lol just got my second kitty aw now I have a gal n guy luvs n the air......

Good thing about all those fails were runes n roses 5 more till my next expansion now save save save.... Sigh lol

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 01:34 PM
Congrats to all that got it !!

I spent over 1000 gems and didn't get it. If TL will continue to keep my odds this low, I'll give this game up just like a few of our paying friends did recently.

ninasidstorm8
02-06-15, 01:36 PM
Congrats to all those who got this cutie already!

I am hoping that it will not take me 85 tries like it took me to get the Xmas element (I actually logged all my attempts, and it was on attempt #85 that I finally got it).

My experience with the XMAS creatures wasn't nearly as bad. I had the following results with them: Toy Poodle - try 6, Reindeer try 30, Santa Claws try 73.

GreasedLightening
02-06-15, 01:43 PM
Got mine first try.. Rhino and pony..but alas I still am trying for that really cute electric/nature guy. Good luck all.

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 01:52 PM
FYI guys, the habitat has no build time. Same as the premium habitats

rjazz
02-06-15, 01:54 PM

I spent over 1000 gems and didn't get it. If TL will continue to keep my odds this low, I'll give this game up just like a few of our paying friends did recently.

Aww-you should have just bought it. I'm on try 4-no kittens yet.

orleansparish
02-06-15, 01:56 PM

Not to be rude but why spend more gems for a creature when you can buy it? TL didn't and doesn't make anyone use an insane amount of gold/gems for an item. We know it's all luck/risk based. So we can't throw fits if we don't get what we want.

xxxe
02-06-15, 02:01 PM
Not to be rude but why spend more gems for a creature when you can buy it? TL didn't and doesn't make anyone use an insane amount of gold/gems for an item. We know it's all luck/risk based. So we can't throw fits if we don't get what we want.

She in no way was throwing a fit. She has been playing since the beginning like I have and we're both getting frustrated with the amount of fails were getting in this game. It's no secret that long time players have worse luck than those first starting out.

Vodelle
02-06-15, 02:02 PM
Well, the reason people risk the gems on speed-breeding is that you can usually (I assume) get the animal for less gems than it costs in the store if you are lucky.

Of course, if you're unlucky, then you end up spending more. (And buying it at that point would just double your costs, so I assume most speed-breeders just double down and hope they don't spend too many more gems over what it costs in the store.)

Spending 1000 gems to breed makes it sound like really bad luck but does suggest the odds to breed it in general might be low, which sucks either way (both for spenders and non-spenders).

xxxe
02-06-15, 02:06 PM

This is 10000% getting out of control. I spent so many gems today too trying for a certain water electric type I have been trying for and I can't even get anything but 17 hours. Sped up some more and tried for the Kitten and got 12 hours every time. I have not gotten anything new in over 35 times. And the only reason I got something new was because I was missing a rare. Just so my post doesn't get deleted for being off topic, Smitten Kitten, Smitten Kitten.

Drachenia
02-06-15, 02:13 PM

Sorry I do not understand if the Smitten Kitten costs 500 gems and they use 1000 gems for acceleration of the breeding. You would have to buy so Smitten Kitten 2 can. I immediately bought the Smitten Kitten in order to have more time to breed from Palmeranian. Good luck to all the breeding for Smitten Kitten

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 02:28 PM
Thanks to most of you for your support ( Xxxe & vodelle :) )
For you that are confused, vodelle gave a quick explanation, yes you double down on taking the risk but recently ( in the past few month), speed breeding hasnt really paid off and this is one of TLs techniques I guess. If one tries to save gems by speed breeding to get an animal vs buying it, TL has decided to take advantage of it. Once you spend 500 gems on speed breeding when the animal costs 500 gems, it kind of hurts buying it for another 500 gems.
I decided to keep going this time with speed breeding just bc of the runes and expansions, but it hurts when it costs you double or triple the price. My odds have been very low recently and when you spend certain amount of dollars, the least you can expect is somewhat improved odds. Not such thing for me recently which is pissing me off to the point of giving up the game.
As per smitten kitten, yes I got it, after about 1200 gems.
Still pissed at my recent odds on this game, especially when many of us are quite aware, this isnt about bad luck , more like software programming.

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 02:31 PM
She in no way was throwing a fit. She has been playing since the beginning like I have and we're both getting frustrated with the amount of fails were getting in this game. It's no secret that long time players have worse luck than those first starting out.

Thanks Xxxe :)

cquinn32
02-06-15, 02:48 PM
For you that are confused, vodelle gave a quick explanation, yes you double down on taking the risk but recently ( in the past few month), speed breeding hasnt really paid off and this is one of TLs techniques I guess. If one tries to save gems by speed breeding to get an animal vs buying it, TL has decided to take advantage of it. Once you spend 500 gems on speed breeding when the animal costs 500 gems, it kind of hurts buying it for another 500 gems.
I decided to keep going this time with speed breeding just bc of the runes and expansions, but it hurts when it costs you double or triple the price. My odds have been very low recently and when you spend certain amount of dollars, the least you can expect is somewhat improved odds. Not such thing for me recently which is pissing me off to the point of giving up the game.
Still pissed at my recent odds on this game, especially when many of us are quite aware, this isnt about bad luck , more like software programming.

Sorry Brooklyn!! If it makes you feel any better just today I spent almost 700 gems to get the palmeranian!! Haven't even tried for the kitten yet. Just try to think of the few times you've gotten what you were after in just a couple or even the first try.

zenobia42
02-06-15, 02:49 PM

Wow. Evi was not throwing a fit. At ALL. Where on Earth do you see a fit being thrown in her post? In fact, I don't see one single word in her post as would characterize as any sort of emotion no less total loss of control over her emotions.

It is common for our friends who spend significant sums on the game to try to speed breed rather than just outright buy a new critter. It usually works out to be cheaper for them. But, as in this case, not always. She was posting a) a warning to the rest of us that, at least for some players, it is a VERY long shot to get this critter and b) a warning to TL that such abysmal odds on limited animals is driving people to quit the game (which is a FACT - we all have friends in our lists who clearly spent a lot on the game and just as clearly are no longer playing it). She did NOT post that to be unfairly and harshly judged for her playing style.

xxxe
02-06-15, 03:00 PM
I find it funny that those who are active on the forums, who dedicate a lot of time and money and energy into this game are the ones having the most difficulty breeding as of late. I haven't seen a thread recently where were exclaiming how lucky we have gotten or how good our odds have been in tournaments. I don't spend as much as some but I have put my fair share into this game. I completely agree with you, Evi. For those who spend and speed and spend time on a game we have become addicted (lol) too, you should have better odds. It seems the opposite is the case. It seems those willing to speed and spend are pushed to do just that. It's like they flag us. These posts will probably be deleted once a mod decides were off topic but I hope our luck changes soon. Evi, Zen and Ready I would hate for any of you to quit. I enjoy talking to you guys and sharing our love for this game! Please TL. Give us a break. Even a tiny one. Good luck getting the Kitten all. If I didn't spend the rest of my gems, I would continue speeding until I got her. I'm now 0 and 3 on the last three animals I have spent time and gems on.

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 03:01 PM
Sorry Brooklyn!! If it makes you feel any better just today I spent almost 700 gems to get the palmeranian!! Haven't even tried for the kitten yet. Just try to think of the few times you've gotten what you were after in just a couple or even the first try.

Rare very rare... Lol I'm going to cool off for a while. Hopefully by Tuesday's update my odds will have improved ( wishful thinking :) )

Wow. Evi was not throwing a fit. At ALL. Where on Earth do you see a fit being thrown in her post? In fact, I don't see one single word in her post as would characterize as any sort of emotion no less total loss of control over her emotions.

It is common for our friends who spend significant sums on the game to try to speed breed rather than just outright buy a new critter. It usually works out to be cheaper for them. But, as in this case, not always. She was posting a) a warning to the rest of us that, at least for some players, it is a VERY long shot to get this critter and b) a warning to TL that such abysmal odds on limited animals is driving people to quit the game (which is a FACT - we all have friends in our lists who clearly spent a lot on the game and just as clearly are no longer playing it). She did NOT post that to be unfairly and harshly judged for her playing style.

Thanks Zen for clarifying my position. You sure did a better job than I would have ever done :)

rjazz
02-06-15, 03:01 PM
I agreed with Evi, I've spent about 150 gems so far trying for the kitten, no luck. But I will keep trying at least I'm getting roses & runes at the mines for the quicker breedings so I can expand sooner.

flowless
02-06-15, 03:05 PM

Wow evi u said exactly what i was thinking
The odds are really that low
I noticed easpically when snowpussm introduced
More than 300 gems and two weeks of continuous breeding
And i got only 5 hour timers and one rocdile and one galcial and still no snowpossum

Also in threads for yati and menoram u can see how the odds has been changed

And i have a feeling that this new palmeranian i wont get even if i speed breed
So i decided not to do this time

Infact the low odds doesnt make want to speed breed at all
Its like throwong money and gems away
And its actully making me not excited for new animlas
Amd in turns curing my addiction to the game

Its a gamble and a risk i know
But its like u know the result already
Not much a gamble

My goal was full albuim and once i miss an animla likely with the new one
Then i would actully quit
No fun to atruggle with each animal

Buttercup0001
02-06-15, 03:31 PM
Fails, fails and more fails. Im so tired of the fails. Fails for a whole 3 weeks now. All these new animals TL have released and I cant breed one. Why is it that LONG term players have the worst luck.
I'd love to breed this cute pink cat, even brought the habitat in anticipation but such a let down with 12hr fails.

kooky panda
02-06-15, 03:58 PM
Hey guys, this thread is getting off topic! Please keep your posts to the Smitten Kitten that just got released. You can have private conversations via Private messaging .
There are also a few threads out that you can join to discuss some of these other concerns.

Thanks!

EviBrooklyn
02-06-15, 04:04 PM
Hey guys, this thread is getting off topic! Please keep your posts to the Smitten Kitten that just got released. You can have private conversations via Private messaging .
There are also a few threads out that you can join to discuss some of these other concerns.

Thanks!

Fair warning... Will do.

maizee0404
02-06-15, 04:05 PM
So i didnt get this pretty lil kitty cat 1st try :( theres hope for tomorrow!! :)

cocauina
02-06-15, 05:52 PM
My first try was about 2 hrs, and on my first try! :D Yey!

I have the christmas animals collection, but it was hard to get, this one was more easy then Toy Poodle that was my first christmas hybrid.

Phaedrakiki
02-06-15, 07:04 PM
Omg, I got this cutie first try! I never have luck like that (in fact, I missed out on most limited animals.) Yippeeeee!
And a coin habitat? I'm in heaven!:D

Good luck to other breeders!

keller63
02-06-15, 07:30 PM
2 12 hour fails so far.... God I hope it's not going to be a repeat on 0 menoram 0 panda etc etc... Ok it's only 2 tries but others already have it :(

rjazz
02-06-15, 08:17 PM
2 12 hour fails so far.... God I hope it's not going to be a repeat on 0 menoram 0 panda etc etc... Ok it's only 2 tries but others already have it :(

So far I've sped through about 7 tries, I understand getting failures, it's just part of it. But why get the same failure every time? I still need a Rampage- why doesn't that come up as a failure instead of magnacore or armadillo? Here kitty kitty!

Foxy_Kit
02-07-15, 02:17 AM
My first try for this Kitten, and its a 12-hour :p
Let the armadillo farming begin.

maizee0404
02-07-15, 03:30 AM
I got another 12hrs too :(
But....did u guys see the pop up i spy a pony!!!

Foxy_Kit
02-07-15, 03:49 AM
I saw a pony too!!! With incredibly flowy mane and tail.

... which probably means I'll be desperately trying for this until the last day :(

Bambamstad
02-07-15, 04:33 AM
My amordillo farm started too, so far two tries, two times 12 hours.
And all the possible fails I have already, so it is gone be long waiting times without much cheering, unless I will see the 8 hr timer.

keller63
02-07-15, 05:40 AM
Aweeeeesome!! 3rd try isn't 8 hours and thankfully not 12 but is 15hours.... Here comes a magmacore. Don't have that guy yet.

Eta: come oooon 8 hours, accidentally bought the habitat now I definitely need valentines creatures -.-

Aedolan
02-07-15, 06:52 AM
Eleven armordillos and a rampage later... 8 hours!

Vodelle
02-07-15, 07:25 AM
Any other non-spenders feel anxiety when spenders post how many speeds it took? 10, 15, 20 etc tries for a speeder can take multiple weeks when non-speeding and even then there's no guarantee you'll get it.

Oh well, they'll be adding two more animals by the 13th and the quest for the kitten lasts 23 more days I think. Hopefully we'll all be able to get these valentines animals.

Anyone has any guesses as to what the pony might be called?

keller63
02-07-15, 07:43 AM
Care mare? Erm .... Trying to think of something love'ish and horse, pony, mare, stallion.

readysetgo888
02-07-15, 08:26 AM
Care mare?

Awww lol I bet this is it! You have the best ideas for animals, I wish they would make some of them.

Anyway, I'm not sure where you all are seeing this horse, but I totally called it! Lol... I said horse was the most likely for the third animal, since it was one of the clone types they hadn't used yet for a Valentine's animal.

Any other non-spenders feel anxiety when spenders post how many speeds it took? 10, 15, 20 etc tries for a speeder can take multiple weeks when non-speeding and even then there's no guarantee you'll get it.

Oh well, they'll be adding two more animals by the 13th and the quest for the kitten lasts 23 more days I think. Hopefully we'll all be able to get these valentines animals.

I felt a little sick when Evi said she spent 1000 gems and still didn't get it. I think that's more attempts than we'll get without speeding - I really hate to think of missing out on it after trying for three weeks. I also think it's ridiculous. This is supposedly only a "rare" animal. Who honestly believes these odds aren't worse than the regular rare animals? So frustrating.

Vodelle
02-07-15, 08:31 AM
Awww lol I bet this is it! You have the best ideas for animals, I wish they would make some of them.

Anyway, I'm not sure where you all are seeing this horse, but I totally called it! Lol... I said horse was the most likely for the third animal, since it was one of the clone types they hadn't used yet for a Valentine's animal.

I felt a little sick when Evi said she spent 1000 gems and still didn't get it. I think that's more attempts than we'll get without speeding - I really hate to think of missing out on it after trying for three weeks. I also think it's ridiculous. This is supposedly only a "rare" animal. Who honestly believes these odds aren't worse than the regular rare animals? So frustrating.

It was on a banner that popped up this morning, featuring the smitten kitten and the silhouettes of the love dove (released on the 10th) and the pony (released on the 13th).

And yeah, that freaked me out. That sounds like a lot of attempts - more than we'd get in these two/three weeks. And we all know the cases of people like zen who took like 70 nature/fire breedings to get any xmas animals -- and in this case, our fails are 12 hours and not three. I wish these holiday animals were a fun bonus to get and not a stress-inducing grind.

EviBrooklyn
02-07-15, 08:40 AM

They'll increase the odds of this one pretty quick bc they'll want players to try for the other 2 valentine creatures

Crr008
02-07-15, 10:41 AM
Congrats, Keller. I got my first magmicore, too. Still no kitten but I hear purring not far away.

AuntyRose32
02-07-15, 01:50 PM
I just got 8 hours with Pony and Rhino, first try. It's nice to get something first try....finally. Love the habitat and so nice that's it's for coins too! Good luck everyone.

gammarayburst
02-07-15, 02:06 PM
I got mine by speeding. Used only about 100 or so gems. I just had to have it because it's a cat, and I love cats. Named her Lily after my little princess. :)

I also really like horses (they are just such beautiful animals), so I can't wait to see what the last animal looks like!

maizee0404
02-07-15, 03:36 PM
Another armadillo!!

MelodicStars
02-07-15, 03:45 PM
Does anyone think TL will add a "gem boost" for breeding? Especially when it comes to breeding for limited animals like this one? I'm pretty sure they have one for DS, where you use gold to boost the odds of getting a rarer dragon. I think it would be nice if they implemented another option to use gems to boost the likelihood of getting a rarer animal. Maybe that way, people would be able to get limited animals like the Smitten Kitten without stressing over tons of fails. Idk, just a suggestion.

xxxe
02-07-15, 04:14 PM
Does anyone think TL will add a "gem boost" for breeding? Especially when it comes to breeding for limited animals like this one? I'm pretty sure they have one for DS, where you use gold to boost the odds of getting a rarer dragon. I think it would be nice if they implemented another option to use gems to boost the likelihood of getting a rarer animal. Maybe that way, people would be able to get limited animals like the Smitten Kitten without stressing over tons of fails. Idk, just a suggestion.

I have wondered the same thing. I think it would be a good idea. Boosting has worked well for me in the past. Just recently I was trying for the Sugar Plum and had 2 days left so I boosted and got him first try. It would be fantastic if they made a way to get limiteds easier. I would pay good gems for that.

Listal
02-07-15, 04:34 PM
Has anyone bred this one yet? How long is breeding or egg and what combo did you use

kooky panda
02-07-15, 04:40 PM
Has anyone bred this one yet? How long is breeding or egg and what combo did you use
check post 1 and few posts after that.

dragonloona
02-07-15, 06:04 PM

Ok first off I got smitten kitten on my fourth try, which I was surprised with!!

Second this is for EviBrooklyn (and all frustrated breeders). .. I'm sooooo sorry for the issues I'm hearing lately. Sadly I'm having Internet issues so couldnt post these sooner!!!! To hear that EviBrooklyn spent 1000+ gems to get smitten kitten is so wrong in many ways, and wish I could give back some gems to you!!!

Third, I too am a speed breeder when I can, and I too am noticing that breeding new creatures is much harder now even with speed breeding!!! Ex. I've yet to successfully breed a Sapphire Cthulhu since it came out and sadly I brought the limited time Palmeranian cause I kept getting nothing but common thunderhawk over and over again with only one rare outcome!!!

Finally for all the speed breeders out there, I have a suggestion for you!! When I speed breed, I do a total of 5 to ten tries in the first hour! If all fails I try again later in the day (not waisting all the gems at once) I also tend to get more rares in between .30 to .59 minutes to the next hour!!! And I get better outcomes at night my time!! Unfortunately this game is all about luck, but I also tend to see an internal clock in the game as to the best times you would see rares and even super rares, but each game is different and some may see more in the mornings...

Again I'm sooo sorry to all who are frustrated for even I'm in the same vote but in the end it is only a game... but please don't give up for your luck will return in time!!!! And truly, DO NOT stress out on not getting a limited creatures!!! For the one thing TL is doing right is re releasing all the limited creatures later on, which I love!!!! Now if only they do that with dragon story....

dragonloona
02-07-15, 06:23 PM
Here are the pictures of my smitten kitten so far, still evolving to level 10 right now sadly lol!! Plus I didn't want to attach these to my previous post due to it being long lol!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0239_zps4e248e72.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0239_zps4e248e72.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0231_zpse3720a83.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0231_zpse3720a83.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0233_zps28026930.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0233_zps28026930.png.html)

dragonloona
02-07-15, 06:49 PM
Hearts ( my smitten kitten) has finally evolved to level 10 and the animation is awesome, just like the Psyena!!!! Pictures are below!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0243_zps7a329f5f.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0243_zps7a329f5f.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0247_zpse7c2d806.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0247_zpse7c2d806.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0248_zpse28ca870.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0248_zpse28ca870.png.html)

purplemouse1
02-07-15, 06:52 PM
For those still after their Smitten Kitten: I got one first try (with this pairing, fourth try all together) with a Magmacore and Pyro Pony. My line of thinking was 'Valentine's element is fire+earth and Smitten Kitten is Valentine's plus fire so earth/fire plus fire'.. And hey, it worked!

Vodelle
02-07-15, 06:57 PM
For those still after their Smitten Kitten: I got one first try (with this pairing, fourth try all together) with a Magmacore and Pyro Pony. My line of thinking was 'Valentine's element is fire+earth and Smitten Kitten is Valentine's plus fire so earth/fire plus fire'.. And hey, it worked!
Congrats! But I do want to remind people that as long as the parents have the appropriate elements (a combination of earth & fire) then there's no evidence that specific parents are better for breeding than others.

That is to say, you might have gotten it with magmacore & pyro pony but people can get it with pyro pony & rock rhino or something like unicorn & armordillo.

purplemouse1
02-07-15, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the head's up Vodelle; I've heard that cited before too, but some people like to emulate successful combinations, so. I know I basically just got lucky - I've seen the kind of results other people have been having and it's a shame, a real shame.

Maybe there's some truth to the 'longer you play the worse your luck gets with breeding' theory..

dancingsnickerdoodle
02-07-15, 08:21 PM
Pony & Rhino gave me 3 Armordillo fails.
I just put Cherub Cub & Rhino together & got 8 hrs.
For me 4th time was a charm :)

zenobia42
02-07-15, 08:41 PM
Congrats to all who have succeeded in breeding this coveted cutie!

I myself tried just a little speed breeding and have had 5 12-hour fails, zero anything else. I REALLY miss how short the fails were on average for the last holiday element. For one, it makes the game more fun to have more times per day to try without speed breeding too much. But mostly because, if it takes me 85 tries to get this one like the last, I fear time will run out on me long before I have the chance to try even half that many times. :(

Aernak
02-07-15, 08:43 PM
My daughter got this first try w pony and rhino. It's so cute!! 💗🐱

PernReloaded
02-07-15, 09:13 PM
First try - armordillo
Second try - Magmacore!!! (New, did not have)

Hopefully my luck will get me this cutie next

Lipand5kids
02-07-15, 10:51 PM
I think it was my second or third try but I got Smitten Kitten! I'm in shock since I only got the Reindeer on the last day. Wow!

Vodelle
02-07-15, 10:56 PM
Oh my, my 4th try has actually resulted in an 8h time! Color me really surprised. (But, hey, I spent so long trying for menoram/yeti and didn't get either of those SRs...)

That gives me about ~3-4 tries for the palmeranian, and then tuesday it's back to trying for the love dove. Wishing everyone else gets the kitten soon!

Splashy81
02-07-15, 11:44 PM
Good luck to all!!

1st try: L/15 Pyro x L/15 Chimpala = Magmacore

2nd try: L/10 Magmacore x L/15 Chimpala = Kitten!

Buttercup0001
02-07-15, 11:58 PM
Many fails but no kitty....still haven't given up hope on the kitty coming my way

Lipand5kids
02-08-15, 12:23 AM
Oh my, my 4th try has actually resulted in an 8h time! Color me really surprised. (But, hey, I spent so long trying for menoram/yeti and didn't get either of those SRs...)

That gives me about ~3-4 tries for the palmeranian, and then tuesday it's back to trying for the love dove. Wishing everyone else gets the kitten soon!
Same here I tried every chance I got for Menoram and nada. Not to mention tried everyday for Toy Poodle or Reindeer and only got Reindeer on the very last day so didn't get to try for Snowlion (I think). But just like you finally get the kitten! Congratulations and lets see if we can get Palmeranian and Love Dove!

Lipand5kids
02-08-15, 12:25 AM
Many fails but no kitty....still haven't given up hope on the kitty coming my way

Good luck and I really hope you too get your kitten! :)

Buttercup0001
02-08-15, 05:26 AM
Good luck and I really hope you too get your kitten! :)

Thanks so much :) begrudgingly sped breed 2 and 3rd try another 12hrs :( on the bright side placed my cherub cub egg on the nest ...so ill have 1 kitty in my forest....just really want my smitten kitten ;)

Drachenia
02-08-15, 05:37 AM
Hello I bought a Smitten Kitten and now I have with Ruby Razorback / Magmacore an Armadillo, Smitten Kitten good luck to all

Foxy_Kit
02-08-15, 06:05 AM
Congrats to everyone who had the Kitten visit them :) Hope the Kitten visits everyone and soon!!

I actually got it on the 2nd try, Pony x Rhino. Saw the 8-hour count, couldn't believe it because I am never that lucky. So I kept quiet until I saw the egg (in case it, y'know, turned into an armadillo).

readysetgo888
02-08-15, 06:57 AM
Omg. Omg! I just got mine too! So happy! It looks like many others have just gotten it as well.... Yay!! Congrats everyone! I really hope everyone still trying gets theirs soon.

maizee0404
02-08-15, 07:11 AM
Another amardillo fail for me :( sad face!!

Bambamstad
02-08-15, 07:18 AM
I want mine too, but no luck so far. Got a second volcamel and a second rampage. Both rare but not the right one.

The long failure times are really frustating.

Drachenia
02-08-15, 07:25 AM
Another amardillo fail for me :( sad face!!

Oh that's too bad, try Skeletal / Crystal Unicorn or Magmacore / Crystal Unicorn good luck that you get your Smitten Kitten :D

Doompicnic
02-08-15, 08:36 AM
8 armodillos...still no kitten. I will keep trying though.

Congrats on those who got it :)

maizee0404
02-08-15, 08:51 AM
Oh that's too bad, try Skeletal / Crystal Unicorn or Magmacore / Crystal Unicorn good luck that you get your Smitten Kitten :D

I tried the unicorn and skeletal...ill try unicorn and magacore next :)

cquinn32
02-08-15, 09:03 AM
Congrats to everyone who got it :-) I got mine with pony/rino!!

EviBrooklyn
02-08-15, 09:03 AM
Congrats to everyone who got it :-) I got mine with pony/rino!!

Congrats

sanya87
02-08-15, 10:26 AM
Still no kitty for me, but i was lucky however, i threw earth, fire, electric and nature in the den cause there are other animals i am missing and i got them, paradise parrot and palmeranian :) now i can continue with only earth and fire. Congrats to everyone who got it and good luck to the rest of us!

PernReloaded
02-08-15, 11:19 AM
I can't complain about my two magmacores in a row, but....

I would like this to show up in my nest, plz and thx.

zenobia42
02-08-15, 11:34 AM
This morning I managed to get something other than a common! However, it's still a fail, just a rare one not the common. Meaning it's a fail just the same only it's an hour longer, lol.

But there is a bit of a silver lining. The one I currently have of this 13-hour fail (MAN, never ever using the name of one animal in the thread for another is REALLY awkward! I still don't know how it is everyone else is allowed to do so with no repercussions. Guess the rules are selectively enforced.) that I had leveled to 15 a long time ago. And it's one of those with the absolutely HIDEOUS cyan/blue splotches on an otherwise warm-colored animal that I can't stand to look at. As in, as a designer, it nearly causes me physical pain to look at them. Even after months of seeing them, I am not desensitized to their repulsiveness. A while back they fixed a few of these (which I am still eternally grateful for), but the majority of the earth-fire and dark-fire level 15s are still dreadfully grotesque; and it's been months since they fixed those few, so it seems they have no intention of correcting the others. SO... I am going to sell my level 15 abomination and replace it with the fail I just bred in attempt #6 for a Smitten Kitten. :)

dragonloona
02-08-15, 11:48 AM
This morning I managed to get something other than a common! However, it's still a fail, just a rare one not the common. Meaning it's a fail just the same only it's an hour longer, lol.

But there is a bit of a silver lining. The one I currently have of this 13-hour fail (MAN, never ever using the name of one animal in the thread for another is REALLY awkward! I still don't know how it is everyone else is allowed to do so with no repercussions. Guess the rules are selectively enforced.) that I had leveled to 15 a long time ago. And it's one of those with the absolutely HIDEOUS cyan/blue splotches on an otherwise warm-colored animal that I can't stand to look at. As in, as a designer, it nearly causes me physical pain to look at them. Even after months of seeing them, I am not desensitized to their repulsiveness. A while back they fixed a few of these (which I am still eternally grateful for), but the majority of the earth-fire and dark-fire level 15s are still dreadfully grotesque; and it's been months since they fixed those few, so it seems they have no intention of correcting the others. SO... I am going to sell my level 15 abomination and replace it with the fail I just bred in attempt #6 for a Smitten Kitten. :)

They shouldn't get mad at you for getting off topic once in awhile, if TL allows us to finally write on people's walls like DS we could spread around all the combos on how to get new creatures... and let out some steam lol! Besides, you do sooo much to these forums just like other users (can't name all but I truly appreciate all of you whose done so much for us!!!) in battle tournaments, and combos on new creatures! !! And dont forget you giving us an idea as to how much items we need to collect in a day for world events!!! (Thats a big help for all of us) If I could I would allow you to use my smitten kitten for a few days in order for you to get one!!! Though Hearts did send you some luck, I will even send you gems to help you out!!!!

PS I can't wait for the other two valentine creatures to be released, since I finally bred a sapphire Cthulhu just 30 minutes ago, I now have all the creatures... besides the expansion creatures, though I'm working on it!!! I wish all of you who have yet to breed a smitten kitten lots and lots of luck!!!!

maizee0404
02-08-15, 02:48 PM
Unicorn and magacore gets me............another armadillo fail ugh!!

Buttercup0001
02-08-15, 06:03 PM
Cherub cub and pyro pony didn't get me the smitten kitten :( just a 14 hr volcamel fail...for a rare animal this is like trying to breed a SR or an UR....well for me anyway....now wheres that kitty...here kitty kitty lol :rolleyes:

zenobia42
02-08-15, 08:06 PM
Omg I just got an 8-hour timer! I can't believe it! Now I need to find room for the habitat lol.

Buttercup0001
02-08-15, 08:19 PM
Omg I just got an 8-hour timer! I can't believe it! Now I need to find room for the habitat lol.
Congrats Zen :D .....thats where one kitty went....now if only one of the litter comes my way I'd be so happy :D

ninasidstorm8
02-08-15, 08:52 PM
Congrats Zen.

rjazz
02-08-15, 08:53 PM
Yay Zen! What was your breeding?

zenobia42
02-08-15, 09:00 PM
Thanks, guys. I am so happy and surprised. I got it with pyro pony and magmacore. It is not even an egg yet but I got so excited I went ahead and bought the habitat. :)

dragonloona
02-08-15, 09:58 PM
Thanks, guys. I am so happy and surprised. I got it with pyro pony and magmacore. It is not even an egg yet but I got so excited I went ahead and bought the habitat. :)

Congratulations Zen, see I knew your luck would return!!! I'm very happy for you, and hope that when the other two creatures come out you will get them easy!! Hearts wish you lots and lots of luck, and is sending you a gift tomorrow!!!!

keller63
02-08-15, 11:15 PM
Mixing it up... Pyro pony + volcamal = 8 hour timer. 1st attempt this pair about 6th in total. With a nice new magmacore to go with it. Come on rampage fail!!

unto0chable87
02-09-15, 01:25 AM
How difficult is this rare hybrid? It was easier to bred the unicorn. :D :(

Buttercup0001
02-09-15, 04:21 AM
4 armordillos, 3 rampages, 2 volcamels and yet another 12hr fail... :( why is it so hard for some to breed...I'll try again in the morning

Crr008
02-09-15, 05:15 AM
I switched my combo from rhino/pony to skeletal dragon and my new magmacore and got 8 hours. Love my little smitten kitten.

willgb09
02-09-15, 07:47 AM
I got one! Just a simple Pyro Pony and Rock Rhino. Only 3 fails too. Good luck everyone :)

readysetgo888
02-09-15, 08:12 AM
The kitten is such a cutie pie... I love it as a baby, I kind of hope I get one to keep in that stage.

keller63
02-09-15, 08:17 AM
I had a sneaky suspicion this might happen.... Defo smitten kitten, my egg confirms it.. Now I'm out of commission for like 3 days... Should have put gold lion and terrorier in the den lol. Ah well definitely happy :)

EviBrooklyn
02-09-15, 08:22 AM
I had a sneaky suspicion this might happen.... Defo smitten kitten, my egg confirms it.. Now I'm out of commission for like 3 days... Should have put gold lion and terrorier in the den lol. Ah well definitely happy :)

Congrats

keller63
02-09-15, 08:35 AM
tyty, does mean i can get some eggs out of my inventory i suppose :)

Foxy_Kit
02-09-15, 01:25 PM
Congrats everyone on their new kitten :) and Congrats keller for the new unicorn :)

momofgiants
02-09-15, 02:31 PM
Keller, I am in the same boat. Trying for this one and got a 45 hour time. Can't get to upset since I have been trying since August. Guess I will have to buy it.

Jennerwein1
02-09-15, 04:39 PM
8 hr timer with Pony and Rhino. 5th or 6th try. I have better luck with one element pairs for some reason.

Crr008
02-09-15, 05:52 PM
Congrats to Keller and Momofgiants. Gotta love those kinds of fails!

Crr008
02-09-15, 05:53 PM
The kitten is such a cutie pie... I love it as a baby, I kind of hope I get one to keep in that stage.

I would love to get several of these and have the different stages of them. However, I've got to keep trying for limited creatures and space is at a premium right now!

Crr008
02-09-15, 07:46 PM
My child finally got a kitten using Magmacore and Vampire Cat!

Buttercup0001
02-09-15, 08:57 PM
4 armordillos, 3 rampages, 2 volcamels and yet another 12hr fail... :( why is it so hard for some to breed...I'll try again in the morning

Got 2 more 12hr fails.....im losing patience now.....that's 12 fails in a row and no smitten kitten....when will I see that magical 8hr, if I ever do which atm seems highly unlikely

unto0chable87
02-10-15, 12:57 AM
After many many 12h fails: Pyro pony + volcamal = 8 hour timer :D

maizee0404
02-10-15, 04:10 AM
No luck for me either just volcamel and endless armadillos :(

sweetypies97
02-10-15, 04:39 AM
pyro pony + rock rhino. 4th try for me. Now I can go back to trying for a confetti yeti.

My son is on his 5th fail at the moment. He has been trying for a toucan for a few weeks - I hope he is successful soon!

mbyte68
02-10-15, 05:02 AM
was lucky on this think it was my 3rd attempt , sure was less of a hassle then i had trying for the xmas ones lol

my607
02-10-15, 07:24 AM
I got the kitten on my first try. Good luck everyone.

orleansparish
02-10-15, 08:03 AM
I was so surprised I got this Im under four tries! The xmas situation was a fiasco for me. I hope the other two isn't so bad either. I also got the other limited creature. My luck breeding hasnt been the greatest. I have had the unicorn for a while and have yet to get a hybrid.

zenobia42
02-10-15, 08:37 AM
Since the topic on what certainly appears to be the second V-Day animal is locked, and I feel like if I start a new topic about the "Valentine's Trio" I will get in enormous trouble for creating a duplicate topic (since there is an open topic about 1 of the trio), I am hoping that posting about the trio in this topic is a less grave sin than the sin of creating an unacceptable topic. So if you don't see me later today, it's because I was wrong about that.

Anyway, regarding this:
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18224&d=1423516874

The wording is interesting, is it not? The second of three is "available" today and the third we can "breed" on Friday, I do think that it's very possible the second of the Valentine Trio may be a prize for a tournament starting today. They usually have a shot and a long tourney during World Events and we've already had the short one. I personally think it would be a TREMENDOUSLY good change to allow people the chance to get the holiday element by winning a tourney instead of only through breeding. I really hope that is the case.

I also hope for a tournament because I will very likely be at my computer at release time today and I never seem to be the first person to the forum when there is a tournament any more and I am really hoping I get the chance to start the thread again for a change lol.

dragonloona
02-10-15, 08:43 AM
Since the topic on what certainly appears to be the second V-Day animal is locked, and I feel like if I start a new topic about the "Valentine's Trio" I will get in enormous trouble for creating a duplicate topic (since there is an open topic about 1 of the trio), I am hoping that posting about the trio in this topic is a less grave sin than the sin of creating an unacceptable topic. So if you don't see me later today, it's because I was wrong about that.

Anyway, regarding this:
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18224&d=1423516874

The wording is interesting, is it not? The second of three is "available" today and the third we can "breed" on Friday, I do think that it's very possible the second of the Valentine Trio may be a prize for a tournament starting today. They usually have a shot and a long tourney during World Events and we've already had the short one. I personally think it would be a TREMENDOUSLY good change to allow people the chance to get the holiday element by winning a tourney instead of only through breeding. I really hope that is the case.

I also hope for a tournament because I will very likely be at my computer at release time today and I never seem to be the first person to the forum when there is a tournament any more and I am really hoping I get the chance to start the thread again for a change lol.

Same here, I too looked at the popup with question, if it's a tournament that would truly be a great way for players to collect them!!! I'm off from work so I say bring it on!!! Though I am having Internet issues, I may not be able to visit the forums later!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Vodelle
02-10-15, 08:48 AM
Interesting - I think it was in this thread or the valentines one that ready pointed out we'd most likely have a tournament today (as we usually have a week-long tournament every other week or so anyway, and especially at least once during a world event). I asked if we would have two new animals given that we know the love dove is being released today, and while that's possible, it might also be the tournament prize. Which is fine by me! We'll find out in about 4 hours haha.

readysetgo888
02-10-15, 09:01 AM

Lol Tuesday tends to be a busier day for me so you should get to it first. :)

I think you're right... I think it will be a tournament prize, and I agree, much nicer than the breeding only Christmas animals.

If there happens to be a Treent in the tournament as I suspect there might be, it's weak to water and strong to gem/dark. I plan to try it out against any gem opponents in the tournament, hopefully it's a good option. It seemed to do pretty well in the battlegrounds.

Doompicnic
02-10-15, 09:04 AM
I'm at 13 fails now.

zenobia42
02-10-15, 09:08 AM
Lol Tuesday tends to be a busier day for me so you should get to it first. :)

I think you're right... I think it will be a tournament prize, and I agree, much nicer than the breeding only Christmas animals.

If there happens to be a Treent in the tournament as I suspect there might be, it's weak to water and strong to gem/dark. I plan to try it out against any gem opponents in the tournament, hopefully it's a good option. It seemed to do pretty well in the battlegrounds.

Oh - I was just starting to test the new elements in the BG. Is it neutral to everything else?

readysetgo888
02-10-15, 09:13 AM
Oh - I was just starting to test the new elements in the BG. Is it neutral to everything else?

As best I can tell - you can see my test results in the Making Sense of the Battleground thread, it's the last post.

zenobia42
02-10-15, 09:39 AM
Interesting - I think it was in this thread or the valentines one that ready pointed out we'd most likely have a tournament today (as we usually have a week-long tournament every other week or so anyway, and especially at least once during a world event). I asked if we would have two new animals given that we know the love dove is being released today, and while that's possible, it might also be the tournament prize. Which is fine by me! We'll find out in about 4 hours haha.

I think there is a 99% chance there is a tournament today. The question is will one of the Valentine Trio be the tournament prize? Or will there be 2 new animals today: a breedable Valentine Trio one and a tournament prize?

keller63
02-10-15, 09:41 AM
In ways I hope it isn't a tournament considering how stupid they are with getting stuck on 1 round and not getting past it. I think it would just stress so many people out

Vodelle
02-10-15, 09:48 AM
In ways I hope it isn't a tournament considering how stupid they are with getting stuck on 1 round and not getting past it. I think it would just stress so many people out
Well, definitely, tournaments are not exactly what I would call 'fun' in this game, but the longer ones that last 5-6 days I've been able to complete without spending. And if it is the love dove, then I can keep trying for the palmeranian (or maybe go back to the confetti yeti... I'm just so sick of conducktors/falconches I don't know if I can handle it anymore LOL)

kbli7355
02-10-15, 09:51 AM
Well, definitely, tournaments are not exactly what I would call 'fun' in this game, but the longer ones that last 5-6 days I've been able to complete without spending. And if it is the love dove, then I can keep trying for the palmeranian (or maybe go back to the confetti yeti... I'm just so sick of conducktors/falconches I don't know if I can handle it anymore LOL)

Sorry but The palmeranian expires today.

kbli7355
02-10-15, 10:02 AM
Now a second volcamal. Sigh....

kbli7355
02-10-15, 10:03 AM
So far, got a number of Armordillos, 2 rampages and 1 volcamel. Kitten where are you...

mistynightv
02-10-15, 10:34 AM
Seems that i am again Lucky Loser. I have Not got the palmeranian - but instead storm Sphinx.
And now only my beloved armordillos instead of Smitten kitten. but now i have First Time 15 hours count... Could it be my First magmacore? I hate this dissapointing Breeds again And again... :-) but luck is luck..

Bambamstad
02-10-15, 10:44 AM
Seems that i am again Lucky Loser. I have Not got the palmeranian - but instead storm Sphinx.
And now only my beloved armordillos instead of Smitten kitten. but now i have First Time 15 hours count... Could it be my First magmacore? I hate this dissapointing Breeds again And again... :-) but luck is luck..

15 hours, breeding earth and fire is definite a Magmacore. I am breeding my second in a row, while trying for the kitten.

mistynightv
02-10-15, 10:49 AM
Jippieh..... I will believe when i See the egg, .... ^^ a friend of Mine has also only armadillos And Second Vulkamel but no kitten. Seems that we both dont have to buy the area.... Or Maybe more luck with the two Other valentines...

FigmentValley
02-10-15, 12:37 PM
No dice. The Love Dove is NOT the tournament prize. :( We still have to breed these things - or not. The kitten will not come to my isle. I planted catnip and everything.......

zenobia42
02-10-15, 12:41 PM
No dice. The Love Dove is NOT the tournament prize. :( We still have to breed these things - or not. The kitten will not come to my isle. I planted catnip and everything.......

Saw that. :( Ah well, guess it's time to go back to earth-fire 12-hour fails for a while. :)

Galadraal
02-10-15, 04:31 PM
I've gotten quite a few fails of 12 hours using Rock and Fire and now, suddenly when I try to breed them, I see the Pyro Pony and then it disapeers and I have to click on a habitat or something to bring up the breeding option, What is going on?

Lisa0107
02-10-15, 04:56 PM
Just got the dove and then the kitten back to back I did spend a few gems to spreed breed but totally worth Plus I got 40 back for completing goals. Keep trying everyone! PS they have the same breed time, both are 8 hours. I have tried for the kitten non stop since last week when it came out. Finally it happend!

Buttercup0001
02-10-15, 05:40 PM
Ughhh my 14th fail....Not Happy Jan....I did better at breeding the Christmas animals, is this how it goes, able to breed certain seasonal animals and others you can't and no matter what the pairing is I just keep getting fails...thank goodness I came to my senses and stopped the speed breeding.
Is my forest ever going to have any of the v.day animals.....Their habitat is waiting to house them

Bambamstad
02-11-15, 12:20 AM
Same here, fail after fail. So far no kitten nor dove.....but still a lot of days of try. Bad thing, the times of the failures are so annoying long.

rjazz
02-11-15, 12:31 AM
No kitten, no dove, but I think it's aRampage which I'm missing so not so bad but it takes so long with the long fails.

Buttercup0001
02-11-15, 04:11 AM
15th fail here with a 15 hr breed :(

Foxy_Kit
02-11-15, 05:31 AM
Bestest of good luck to everyone still trying for this cutie!! :D

Doompicnic
02-11-15, 07:43 AM
Yes finally! After days of fails I just got the 8 hr timer with vampire cat and magmacore. :)

Good luck to those still trying. Don't give up.

Edit: Oh the love dove is 8hr too haha I guess it could be that as well. Come on Kitten!! please.

Update: I got the kitten!

zenobia42
02-11-15, 07:47 AM
Well, I have a second one. Was trying for the new VD animal released yesterday, but this is a fail I will actually keep. At least until I need the space. The baby is soooooooo cute. And just yeaterday I had to sell my previously favorite baby, the mono electric, to make room for a new super rare electric... so I will definitely find a way to fit this adorable kitten in my menagerie.

PernReloaded
02-11-15, 10:14 AM
Still working on it. My run if two magmacores fortold a fleet of armordillos, and I don't have a ton of spare gems (really, whatever I send myself on my bb acct and my neighbors send me) so I can only shave a few hours off the hatching/breeding times.

DragonMoon006
02-11-15, 12:04 PM
After a couple of Armodilloes....ta da....!!!!! Parents - PyroPony x RockRhino :)

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zps17b8cc0a.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zps17b8cc0a.jpg.html)

infinitelove19
02-11-15, 04:34 PM
Congratulations guys!

I got my first 8-hour timer today, sped it up, re-bred and got a second 8 hours.
Looks like the first is love dove, and I am hoping the second is this pretty kitty!
Used magmacore and rock rhino for both. *fingers crossed*

PernReloaded
02-11-15, 04:46 PM
Well, the armadillos made way for a volcamel.

Still not quit there.

Buttercup0001
02-11-15, 07:35 PM
16th fail now...im so dissapointed I thought I would have breed the kitten by now :(

sweetypies97
02-11-15, 11:25 PM
My son is on his 8th fail which isn't too bad in the scheme of things.

Perry9877
02-12-15, 01:39 AM
I was very lucky with the Smitten Kitten, I got it on the first try, now it seems it is all I can breed. I have three currently but no Love Dove as yet. I have been playing on my iPad and my hubby's iPad when he is at work. Sadly all I can breed for him are Armordilloes even breeding the same pair I used on my iPad. No luck at all for the kiddies on their Kindles. Sometimes, I wish we could trade creatures with other players.

DragonMoon006
02-12-15, 03:09 AM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zps5b1b5fc4.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zps5b1b5fc4.jpg.html)

Another 8 hrs after an Armodillo. Hope it is Love Dove this time...fingers crossed :)

Bambamstad
02-12-15, 12:15 PM
Still no luck with the valentine creatures. So hoping for 8 hour breed, but nothing yet.
Getting a bit desperate cause the fail times are so annoying long.

sweetypies97
02-12-15, 01:10 PM
My son just got 8 hours!

Buttercup0001
02-12-15, 01:36 PM
Still no luck with the valentine creatures. So hoping for 8 hour breed, but nothing yet.
Getting a bit desperate cause the fail times are so annoying long.

Same here, up to my 17th fail and the last 4 have been for 15hrs. Its hopeless that not one of the countless breeding pairs I put together have resulted in a smitten kitten or the love dove. Dissapointed.

zenobia42
02-12-15, 01:46 PM
Everyone breeding for the smitten kitten and getting 12-hour fails - beware! A lot of people are getting only 1 bomb from their 12-hour earth-fire fails. Since they are 12-hour breeds, and you get a bomb for every 6 breed-hours, under no circumstances should we ever get anything other than two bombs when a 12-hour breeding moves to the nest. When you tap them and get the bombs pop-up, with the nest timer, take a screenshot. Collect those screenshots and count how many you are not getting that you should, to see if we can get back them back from support after it's fixed.

rjazz
02-12-15, 02:04 PM
Same here, up to my 17th fail and the last 4 have been for 15hrs. Its hopeless that not one of the countless breeding pairs I put together have resulted in a smitten kitten or the love dove. Dissapointed.

Same here, just armadillo after armadillo. Finally bought both but am going to keep trying just to see if I ever do breed dove or kitten.

Buttercup0001
02-12-15, 03:46 PM
Everyone breeding for the smitten kitten and getting 12-hour fails - beware! A lot of people are getting only 1 bomb from their 12-hour earth-fire fails. Since they are 12-hour breeds, and you get a bomb for every 6 breed-hours, under no circumstances should we ever get anything other than two bombs when a 12-hour breeding moves to the nest. When you tap them and get the bombs pop-up, with the nest timer, take a screenshot. Collect those screenshots and count how many you are not getting that you should, to see if we can get back them back from support after it's fixed.
Thanks Zen, I'll look out for it but I'm hoping that I NEVER see another 12hr breed time again lol or 15hrs that I so dread :rolleyes:

flowless
02-12-15, 04:11 PM
I didnt snowpussum that i tried for 2 weeks
I didint get the last limited animal
I seem to get now 15-12-12 hour
Seems by breeding is luck gone
Kindda bumbed

PernReloaded
02-12-15, 05:57 PM
Two more armordillos. Really? /all I want is a smitten kitten for Valentine's day - I don't have one in real life. Smitten kittens for singles, plz!

azucita
02-13-15, 09:20 AM
i got 8 hours but its the love dove, i still cant get the smitten kitten. anyone has tried breeding fire or rock with the smitten kitten or the love dove? wonderig if that's any better.... :)

tvangstanke
02-13-15, 09:34 AM
Two more armordillos. Really? /all I want is a smitten kitten for Valentine's day - I don't have one in real life. Smitten kittens for singles, plz!

I'll trade you 3 kittens for 1 love dove.

#therealcatlady

tvangstanke
02-13-15, 09:58 AM

Thank you, Zenobia. I consequently get only one bomb for my 12h fails. (Darn, how do I post my screenshot in this forum?)

TeamLava, do you think you could have a look at this?

PernReloaded
02-13-15, 10:09 AM
I'll trade you 3 kittens for 1 love dove.

#therealcatlady
As I don't have the dove either, I would still lose out.

No limited animals for me, it seems :/

tvangstanke
02-13-15, 10:18 AM
As I don't have the dove either, I would still lose out.

No limited animals for me, it seems :/

Oh no :(
There should be gifting options in Fantasy Forest...

nic1967
02-13-15, 12:18 PM
i got 8 hours but its the love dove, i still cant get the smitten kitten. anyone has tried breeding fire or rock with the smitten kitten or the love dove? wonderig if that's any better.... :)

I've been breeding fire & rock non-stop since smitten kitten came out & I haven't gotten either of the limited animals. I'm way past frustrated now. I'm getting angry. Between this & the battle arena I can't get anything. I've won there once. I can't get past level 6 & I never get any limited animals. I ready to quit & take my money elsewhere. TL made this game impossible.

flowless
02-13-15, 12:39 PM
Iam only getting 12 hours breeding
Speed breeding seems to be pontless too

azucita
02-13-15, 01:03 PM
I've been breeding fire & rock non-stop since smitten kitten came out & I haven't gotten either of the limited animals. I'm way past frustrated now. I'm getting angry. Between this & the battle arena I can't get anything. I've won there once. I can't get past level 6 & I never get any limited animals. I ready to quit & take my money elsewhere. TL made this game impossible.

sorry to hear :(
we just have to keep trying

infinitelove19
02-13-15, 01:32 PM
Congratulations guys!

I got my first 8-hour timer today, sped it up, re-bred and got a second 8 hours.
Looks like the first is love dove, and I am hoping the second is this pretty kitty!
Used magmacore and rock rhino for both. *fingers crossed*

Second was another Love Dove, but I took a break from this pair, got 12 hrs, then back to Magmacore and Rock Rhino & got Smitten Kitten!

I've tried about a dozen times, but all 3 times I used that combo I got 8 hours. Truth really is stranger than fiction!

Buttercup0001
02-13-15, 07:46 PM
To all that are still unable to breed the valentines day animals, including myself, I do hope that our luck changes soon and we will be able to breed them. Hopefully once our luck changes we can breed the 3 of them in a row.

keller63
02-13-15, 11:04 PM

18386got me love dove
18388got me smitten kitten

sweetcupcake555555
02-13-15, 11:18 PM
i have got a dozen 12 hour fails trying for smitten kitten. just got another 12 hr fail. ltd animals are definatly not for me but i will still keep trying for this one as i am a big cat lover. <3 good luck to all who are still trying too. hope u all see 8 hrs very soon!

DragonMoon006
02-14-15, 01:37 AM
1st Kitten ---- yipee !!!
2nd Kitten --- awww sooo cute...gonna keep as a baby
3rd Kitten --- this is getting BORING !!

I want a DOVE or matripony !!!

Edit : 4th Kitten ---- arrgh!!

DragonMoon006
02-14-15, 01:38 AM

2nd and 3rd Kitten bred using Kitten x Rhino trying for Dove :(

Sefyre
02-14-15, 05:53 AM
Got my first Smitten Kitten using a Pyro Pony and Rock Rhino.

Both level 10. Level 15ish park.

Bred tons of Armadillos (at least they're cute but it's reminding me of my Firestorm problem LOL) and one Magmacore in the process.

tuffyjkitten
02-14-15, 09:49 AM
No kitten yet, tried every fire and rock animal I have including the cherub cub. All armordillos and one magmacore, which is ok since I didn't have one.

kbli7355
02-14-15, 11:10 AM
Right after kitten I just got love dove! And after that is a Magmacore!! Three new animals!!

tygerlynx
02-14-15, 07:22 PM
I've been doing nothing but breeding earth/fire animals (with no other elements) since this animal was released and NO LUCK! No Smitten Kitten, Love dove, or even a magmacore. Just a bunch of armordillos and a rampage. Getting super frustrated.

Buttercup0001
02-14-15, 07:32 PM
I've been doing nothing but breeding earth/fire animals (with no other elements) since this animal was released and NO LUCK! No Smitten Kitten, Love dove, or even a magmacore. Just a bunch of armordillos and a rampage. Getting super frustrated.

Same here for me just got another 12hrs...:(

Bambamstad
02-15-15, 09:34 AM

Me also. No kitten, no dove and definitely no pony.

DragonMoon006
02-15-15, 10:23 AM

Me also. No kitten, no dove and definitely no pony.

I find that changing the lvl of the breeding pair helps. I was getting few Armodillos with Pony x Rhino until I raised Rhino 2 lvls up (Pony is epic). Immediately got 8 hrs which turns out to be a Kitten. Tried Kitten x Rhino (same lvl same pair) and got 3 more Kittens.

Changed to Cherub x Magmacore and got Dove. Will lvl up Kitten next and pair with Rhino to see if that changes the outcome.

PernReloaded
02-15-15, 11:34 AM
Still nothing even after switching up my breeding pair and going only rock and fire

Not a good v day gift

Buttercup0001
02-15-15, 06:29 PM
10 straight days of trying to breed this smitten kitten.....I'm fed up with 12hrs breeding failers non stop...one after another....then throw in a few 13hrs and 15 hrs fails...Can someone please tell us players that have been trying to breed this RARE animals since its release why we have had NO success....like honestly this is my 23rd failer now...this is beyond ridiculous...ive had enough...this aint fun especially when you get other players breeding not only the kitten but the rest of the v.day animals...or you visit a forest and they have 3 kittens, the dove and the matripony....TL can you please do something about this...totally unfair....No kiiten and No love dove = NO Matripony

sweetcupcake555555
02-16-15, 05:38 AM
after dozens of tries with the same combo, rhino & pony i finally got the kitten!!! only thing i did diffferently this time out of boredom was select the rhino first then pony. this was after dozens of armadillo fails and 1 magmacore.

SHINeeFan23
02-16-15, 07:47 AM
Got this with love dove/armadillos

PernReloaded
02-16-15, 07:32 PM
Tried Magmacore x Love Cub, got Volcamel.

Still no sign of any of the Valentine animals.

Buttercup0001
02-16-15, 07:49 PM
Finally after 24 fails I got an 8hr breed from an armodillo and a rampage....do not know if its the smitten kitten(hopefully)or dove...time will tell....but im relieved that at least I got 1 of the valentine's animal. :) hopefully those who are still trying that luck will come their way sooner rather than later.

flowless
02-17-15, 06:29 AM
10 straight days of trying to breed this smitten kitten.....I'm fed up with 12hrs breeding failers non stop...one after another....then throw in a few 13hrs and 15 hrs fails...Can someone please tell us players that have been trying to breed this RARE animals since its release why we have had NO success....like honestly this is my 23rd failer now...this is beyond ridiculous...ive had enough...this aint fun especially when you get other players breeding not only the kitten but the rest of the v.day animals...or you visit a forest and they have 3 kittens, the dove and the matripony....TL can you please do something about this...totally unfair....No kiiten and No love dove = NO Matripony

I feel the same way
My odds are so low for a while now
Ever since snowpussum then palmerinain
Then this one
No sucess its werid and not fun
I invested so much time in the game to quit
But i might do it like i did in dragon

Bambamstad
02-17-15, 09:17 AM
Finally after 24 fails I got an 8hr breed from an armodillo and a rampage....do not know if its the smitten kitten(hopefully)or dove...time will tell....but im relieved that at least I got 1 of the valentine's animal. :) hopefully those who are still trying that luck will come their way sooner rather than later.

Finally got my first kitten yesterday. Going for Love Dove now.
Glad to read you also got yor first 8 hr :)

Buttercup0001
02-17-15, 02:25 PM
I feel the same way
My odds are so low for a while now
Ever since snowpussum then palmerinain
Then this one
No sucess its werid and not fun
I invested so much time in the game to quit
But i might do it like i did in dragon
I feel for you. I know that feeling you get when all you get is failers when breeding. Hoping that you are able to breed at least one of the v.day animals very very soon. Just keep trying, I know I felt like giving up but sometimes persistence pays off. Good luck

Buttercup0001
02-17-15, 02:28 PM
Finally got my first kitten yesterday. Going for Love Dove now.
Glad to read you also got yor first 8 hr :)

Congratulations :D so happy for you. My 8hrs ended up being the love dove :) having 1 is better than none. Now to evolve it and start breeding with it to hopefully get the kitten.

EviBrooklyn
02-17-15, 10:08 PM
I just visited a level 10 neighbor that has a smitten kitten egg on her hatching den
S/he has 6 small habitat, 7 animals : frostfang, panda, pony, rhino, fairy, planter and rampage.
How is this player suppose to make 500,000 coins to buy the habitat ?
Even a level 20 will have hard time.
I feel bad for them... They'll probably be forced to sell the egg

matiasabad94
02-17-15, 10:37 PM
I just visited a level 10 neighbor that has a smitten kitten egg on her hatching den
S/he has 6 small habitat, 7 animals : frostfang, panda, pony, rhino, fairy, planter and rampage.
How is this player suppose to make 500,000 coins to buy the habitat ?
Even a level 20 will have hard time.
I feel bad for them... They'll probably be forced to sell the egg

Friendly reminder: Smitten Kittens also have the fire element, so if they have a fire habitat they should be fine!

EviBrooklyn
02-18-15, 12:24 AM
Friendly reminder: Smitten Kittens also have the fire element, so if they have a fire habitat they should be fine!

Whoops that's true :)
My mistake

maizee0404
02-18-15, 10:21 AM
Oh man!! Sick of armadillios!! Just put my 4th love dove on the nest!! Im never gna get that pony!! Come TL gimme a break!!

Buttercup0001
02-18-15, 03:31 PM
Well after I had a successful a 8hr breed on Tuesday(lovedove) it looks like I've got the 12hr breeding blues AGAIN......ughhh....I know we have till the 2nd of March to get all 3 but with the rate of failures (10 straights day's until I got my 1st 8hrs) I don't know if I'll be successful in breeding the kitty let alone the beautiful Matripony..

DragonMoon006
02-18-15, 09:39 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/imagejpg1_zpsa5b112b1.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/imagejpg1_zpsa5b112b1.jpg.html)

2nd Dove in nest !!

Another 8 hrs -- is it 3rd Dove or 2nd Kitten ?? Whatever !!

Just wanna say that prior to these 2 8hrs I hv been getting Armodilloes upon Armodilloes so I lvl the pair up and got these 8 hrs!!

Next I will lvl them up more and hopefully the coveted 10 hrs will appear :) . Good luck all in breeding these valentine babies !!

tygerlynx
02-19-15, 06:07 AM
FINALLY got an 8 hr breed time with Thunder Mammoth x Ember Bear. really hoping lightning leopard is not a possibility because that would happen to me...won't know for 17 hours til my other egg hatches though *fingers crossed*

maizee0404
02-20-15, 04:44 PM
Ok im after spending my saved 12 gems..rushing..i said i wouldnt but i did..im getting annoyed now!!..another dove and a ugly armadillio is on my nest! Put in pony n rhino n i got 8hrs!! If thats another dove i swear im gna cry!! Go see my forest there is tonnes of them now i havent sold none of them!! I want kitty!! And more importantly the pony!!xx

maizee0404
02-21-15, 05:06 AM
Ok im after spending my saved 12 gems..rushing..i said i wouldnt but i did..im getting annoyed now!!..another dove and a ugly armadillio is on my nest! Put in pony n rhino n i got 8hrs!! If thats another dove i swear im gna cry!! Go see my forest there is tonnes of them now i havent sold none of them!! I want kitty!! And more importantly the pony!!xx
Finally i got the kitty!!

RLrox
02-21-15, 12:36 PM
Not feeling the love here...have yet to breed a single Valentine animal despite trying since the goal came up (and missing out on last ditch attempt for confetti yeti in the process). Have bred plenty of 'super rare' magmacores though...pity I've already got one,ugh! Maybe jumped the *** buying the Valentine habitat,looks like it's going to stay empty!