PDA

View Full Version : Nugget #4 - Energy

ShibuyaCloth
02-03-15, 01:55 AM
Energy is the biggest strategic element of the game. Every action you do requires you to use energy. The maximum amount of energy you have is determined by your level, you get 1 additional energy max for each level, until you reach the energy cap (currently set at 40).
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb11061.pngEnergy (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html?Pattern=Energy,Name=true#_Energy)S torable:NoInfo:Primary ResourceType:MaterialSource:StorylineLink:https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78083
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb3000000.png_2v_31020.pn***limited Energy (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html?Pattern=Unlimited%20Energy,Name=tr ue#_UnlimitedEnergy)Storable:NoInfo:Primary Resource, from events, goals, or value packs.Type:MaterialSource:StorylineLink:https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78083

Restoration
Energy is restored at a rate of +1 every 3 minutes. The timer stops ticking if your current counter is equal or above the cap (40). The timer will reset and start ticking once you drop below the cap with the current counter. Note that the screen energy counter does not reflect the current energy counter; chained orders are reflected on the screen counter but not on the current counter!

Extra Energy
There a numerous ways to acquire extra energy shoots, the higher level you get, the more options are available. This may cause you to temporarily exceed your cap, i.e. you could have 50/40 energy (balance/cap).

Common

Visit neighbors - change to get 1 energy per visit. There is a 10-energy per day limit.
Level up - a full energy boost is added when you go up a level.
Monsters - If you are fighting Monsters, there is a chance they will drop 1-energy when you hit them. They will always drop energy when you defeat them. Sometimes you will end up with more energy than you used to defeat them (and sometimes not).
Harvest crops - you must have the 3rd Knowledge Shard (Agricultural) from the Tablet of Tabernum. Players below level 10 also get energy from harvesting. Some Fortunes provide the same temporary benefit.
Energy Crates - Can be obtained by certain adventures, timed events or other Storm8 gifts. The energy crates can be stored or chopped immediately. Crates of 10-, 25- or 50-energy exist.
Buy - you can purchase additional energy with gems. The regular offer is 5-energy for 10 gems; 12-energy for 20 gems; 30-energy for 50 gems.
Promotion Packs - you can purchase promotion packages from time to time with energy boosts. Those require real money.
Goals - some goals can boost your energy or provide an unlimited pool of energy for a limited time. Most common in the Weekly Warrior goal (timed goal on Thursday before the new event) providing in 3 stages: 30 energy, 10-20 minutes unlimited 2x times.

Buildings

Keep / Courts / The Barracks - Energy will drop when you collect from regular adventures. The Feral Lands adventure has been known to drop 10-Energy Crates (special box drop). Special adventures or timed event adventures do not always drop energy.
Royal Exchange - 2 energy trades to choose from.
Wizard School - available for gems in the market. Level 1 drops 6 energy/5 hours; up to Level 5 drops 10 energy / 4 hours and 20 minutes.
Greenhouse - craft "Faerie Elixir" for an instant 20-energy drop. Craft "Grow Faeriebulb Seeds" for a good chance of a 4-8 energy drop.
Daily Market - Some daily goals offer energy rewards
Trade Wagon - All trades will yield 4-8 energy
Lucky Workshop - Often drops energy when doing a trade
Wizard?s Portal - available in the Trade Wagon. Level 1 drops 4 energy / 5 hours; Level 5 drops 8 energy.

Animals

Sir Pigglesworth - Very rare drop of 30- or 40-energy.
Alicorns/Rouncey/Destrier - drops 40-energy every 7 days.
Pink Alicorn ("Pali") - drops between 4-8 energy every 22 hours. Reported rare energy drops of 10, 20, 50 and 100.
Wedding Alicorn ("Wali") - drops between 4-8 energy every 22 hours. Reported rare energy drops of 100.
Glimmeregg Alicorn ("Gali") - drops between 4-8 energy every 22 hours. Reported rare energy drops of 100.
Dragons - occasional drops of 5 energy
Alicolt - +5 Energy, +10 Energy
Glimmer Alicorn - drops between 4-8 energy every 22 hours. Reported rare energy drops of 10, 20, or 40.
Skelecorn - drops between 4-10 energy every 22 hours.
Others - various event grand prizes offer energy drops. Mostly daily.

There is also an entry in the Inventory Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375) under E for Energy (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375&p=1025266&viewfull=1#post1025266) which has a comprehensive list of all energy droppers too.

Statistics
Average 24h net yield for some decoration class items:

22h Droppers: 3,92
24h Droppers: 5,18
7d Droppers: 5,81

22h droppers comes in a wide range of drop format, hence the volatility is much higher, however over a large number of droppers the number are more stable.

Downloads

Nuggets (www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-Nuggets.pdf) (PDF)

<< Previous (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77505-Nugget-3-Neighbors) ----- Next >> (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts)

Liloze
02-03-15, 08:00 AM
ShibuyaCloth, Good job I love your nuggets :)
The Barracks also provides Energy from adventures
( I am not sure, but I think I bought the Barracks with gems )

ShibuyaCloth
02-03-15, 08:41 AM
DUD: Forgot the Barracks :p

katbtodd
02-03-15, 01:06 PM
how about dragons,, I get 5

added! thanks! ...SW

ShibuyaCloth
02-04-15, 12:25 AM
Can someone confirm that the Troll Sparring Pit also gives energy?

katbtodd
02-04-15, 02:13 AM
troll pit 6-8 is what I been getting .alway look at my energies never count the frist tap,,

ShibuyaCloth
02-04-15, 03:32 AM
I have no gotten energy so far. However, generally come out of the fight with a zero sum energy loss.

katbtodd
02-04-15, 05:05 AM
Ok if you want to look at it that way...one energy lost to one energy gained

ShibuyaCloth
02-04-15, 05:32 AM
I was wondering if you get a small energy boost before the fight with the 500 coins.

katbtodd
02-04-15, 05:42 AM
Sorry for the confusion

boss_boehme
02-16-15, 10:39 AM
New Wedding Alicorn Drop now. Seems to be the same as pink Alicorn.

PraxisOfGood
02-17-15, 07:19 AM
I'd make couple of changes or add a few details to the first post.

First, the chance of getting energy from visiting neighbors does not seem small, in my experience. I haven't kept track, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50% up to the point where you hit your limit of ten for the day.

Second, the energy gain from fighting monsters depends on the monsters you face. In my experience, you can tend to expect a profit of 1-3 energy from trolls, expect a cost of 0-2 energy from wolves, and expect to roughly break even from skunkupines. But evidently the second taburnum shard gives more energy from fighting (I don't have it yet, so I don't know for certain how significant it is)

Third, it looks to me like the faerie elixir is a fools errand. Even if you had the materials to craft it and nothing else to do with them, it costs 16 energy from start to finish to get the reward of 20 energy.

roguebee
02-17-15, 07:47 AM
Think of the fairie elixir as a way to use up excess inventory with a bonus of providing energy very quickly when needed.

ShibuyaCloth
02-17-15, 09:20 AM
Thanks,

I made the changes.

1) Neighbors, I need to visit more then 20 neighbors, I am close to 30 a day. I never really counted. I'll see to make some stats.
2) I have the second shard, so I get other results. With wolfs I tend to have a negative output. For me Skunkupine I have the best positive output. Pit Trolls (friendly trolls) have also a positive balance. Boars just tend to be a full drain.
3) The elixir is to off load your excess inventory. I used it when I really need a short term boost for something. It is expensive energy, but you can stockpile it. Regular energy not.

echowuuu
02-17-15, 08:57 PM
I vote the next article to be 'how to beautify your clutter kingdom' :p

PraxisOfGood
02-17-15, 11:04 PM
Lol, I can't imagine a time when I'll have 50 glimmer dust going to waste, but I'll trust you guys that day will come :)

ShibuyaCloth
02-18-15, 02:44 AM
Lol, I can't imagine a time when I'll have 50 glimmer dust going to waste, but I'll trust you guys that day will come :)

It is all a question of perspective. When you are so advanced in the game and have time to stock pile all you can you end up like this.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-UnofficialGoals-RG-05.png

Now the picture in the game is slightly different as I converted all in dark seeds (so 360 now). Need to restock my glimmer bits now.

The good point is I can have 200 energy stocked in Elixir.

slam308
02-18-15, 03:47 PM
In the 2 or 3 days I had my free wedding alicorn I got a 100 energy drop. Can't wait to get to that goal!

ShibuyaCloth
02-18-15, 03:50 PM
In the 2 or 3 days I had my free wedding alicorn I got a 100 energy drop. Can't wait to get to that goal!

Hmmm, can we conclude that the Wedding Ali has the same properties as the pinky... To be confirmed.

ryusei745
02-18-15, 10:04 PM

The faerie elixir has helped me during all of the world events. I always stockpile it as many times events are huge energy drains.

For update day I always leave my beast with as close to one hit point away from death so I can also use it for a little bit of energy boost.

SpiritWind00
02-18-15, 11:00 PM
I got a 50 energy drop from wali this week...

danzplace
02-19-15, 05:48 AM
My original Ali dropped 100 energy the first time.

ShibuyaCloth
06-20-15, 08:59 AM
restoration seems to have changed a little since last game update.

AnniePMH
06-20-15, 09:18 AM
restoration seems to have changed a little since last game update.

In what way?:)

ShibuyaCloth
06-20-15, 11:25 AM
In what way?:)

In the old version the timer was running, regardless of the current energy level. So if you where maxed in energy, you used 1, you could get one back in just a few seconds if lucky. Now it properly starts at 3 min.

katbtodd
06-20-15, 01:44 PM
My original Ali dropped 100 energy the first time.

Do you mean pinkie or wedding cuz white only drops 40

Chaotarch
09-26-15, 12:02 PM
dont know if someone try before, but there is no cap at 999 energy...:rolleyes::cool:

AnniePMH
09-26-15, 12:19 PM
dont know if someone try before, but there is no cap at 999 energy...:rolleyes::cool:

No, I only had about 850 energy to begin with this Thursday update, lol:)

not_that_coordinated13
09-30-15, 04:50 PM
My wedding and pink alicorn have both dropped 50 energy before. It is usually 5-7 but every week or so it drops 50

Silverblade2015
09-30-15, 09:31 PM
You get energies from trading tokens in trade wagon too

ShibuyaCloth
09-30-15, 11:41 PM
You get energies from trading tokens in trade wagon too

Yes I should amend, I need to check how much we get. But it looks like a bit less then Dragons. My experience would put the range at 4-6.

ShibuyaCloth
09-30-15, 11:45 PM

I am sure it is at 9999 :p

Chaotarch
10-02-15, 10:48 AM

lol, its your turn:cool:
need ca 30min for 1000 energy to burn with rocks, cows, corn - without parking a beast:eek:
so 4,5h nonstop playing would be hard:rolleyes:

AnniePMH
05-18-16, 01:35 PM

lol, its your turn:cool:
need ca 30min for 1000 energy to burn with rocks, cows, corn - without parking a beast:eek:
so 4,5h nonstop playing would be hard:rolleyes:

No, it's not at 9999 energy...:rolleyes: This is not to be recommended, took much more than 4,5 hours to fix, misfortune after too much work:eek:

ShibuyaCloth
05-18-16, 02:31 PM
LOL Nat! You ****ed it! All the fun is gone now :p

I think you should post this one in the other thread about energy issues :rolleyes:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91373-I-think-I-have-an-energy-problem-)&p=1297074#post1297074

azriX2012
05-18-16, 02:43 PM
No, it's not at 9999 energy...:rolleyes: This is not to be recommended, took much more than 4,5 hours to fix, misfortune after too much work:eek:

Omg Nat... :)

Chaotarch
05-25-16, 05:30 AM
LOL Nat! You ****ed it! All the fun is gone now :p

I think you should post this one in the other thread about energy issues :rolleyes:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91373-I-think-I-have-an-energy-problem-)&p=1297074#post1297074

lol, but now i have a real goal for tradetix and plants:p
.... and maybe beasties...:eek:

Liloze
05-25-16, 06:54 AM
Yes I should amend, I need to check how much we get. But it looks like a bit less then Dragons. My experience would put the range at 4-6.

A couple of weeks ago I got 40 energy from the trade, I was really surprised! Nicely surprised that one time!

Newshazztown
12-07-18, 07:27 AM
I'm finding that when I buy extra energy or do the weekend warrior that I can use all my energy and then my 40 is topped off again, which is great. But lately that 40 is dropping after 6 - 10 hits to below 10 left and I'm counting my hits carefully. I brought this up as a bug and I've been told to contact my isp as they don't see an error on my game. So my question is this. Why is my energy dropping only at certain times? Why is no other game affected and why does it happen whether I am using my isp or Wi-Fi? Has anyone else experienced this?

ratdogs4
12-07-18, 07:41 AM
I'm finding that when I buy extra energy or do the weekend warrior that I can use all my energy and then my 40 is topped off again, which is great. But lately that 40 is dropping after 6 - 10 hits to below 10 left and I'm counting my hits carefully. I brought this up as a bug and I've been told to contact my isp as they don't see an error on my game. So my question is this. Why is my energy dropping only at certain times? Why is no other game affected and why does it happen whether I am using my isp or Wi-Fi? Has anyone else experienced this?

I, too, have noticed that during the weekend warrior or after purchasing the unlimited energy value pack my energy does not fully restore to 40. It will state 40 at first but when I use a few energy it will drop from 40 to 29 or some other random number. This has been happening for about the last 6-8 weeks. I didn't bother reporting it, I figured S8 wouldn't do anything about it. Prior to that energy restored fully to 40, no problem; nothing has changed on my end - same device, internet provider, etc.

histoplasmosis
12-08-18, 08:23 AM
Dumb question but how do store extra energy.? I'm a long time player so I should know...

histoplasmosis
12-08-18, 04:19 PM
I think I answered my own question it's collecting from all the energy dropping animals not so much storing it away. The I think I have an energy problem was a very helpful thread

ShibuyaCloth
01-13-24, 04:36 AM
Updated page 1. But most important here some numbers:

Average 24h net yield for some decoration class items:

22h Droppers: 3,92
24h Droppers: 5,18
7d Droppers: 5,81

I have 6800 collection point for the 22h droppers, hence a fairly solid statistical value!