PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Isle Irritation

nelliemoellering
02-02-15, 09:13 AM
Is anyone else extremely off-put by the price tag for the Habitats and food in the arctic isles. The dragons here do not earn you any coin, so they are only a drain on the resources you need to feed, quest and breed your regular island inhabitants. I feel like maybe this pricing schedule was a miss for the TL team.

Kennedward
02-02-15, 09:17 AM
Is anyone else extremely off-put by the price tag for the Habitats and food in the arctic isles. The dragons here do not earn you any coin, so they are only a drain on the resources you need to feed, quest and breed your regular island inhabitants. I feel like maybe this pricing schedule was a miss for the TL team.

I have tons of coins so I don't mind, if you think they're expensive then save up more in the regular island before tackling the arctic isle, since as you've stated, they don't earn you anything really

Anaboe
02-02-15, 06:22 PM
Yup. Once you've played long enough, you just don't know what to do with coins anymore. So it's not an issue to me.

mbyte68
02-02-15, 06:45 PM
whold be nice to have theese dragons usable in the arena seeing how they can be used to battle us

luna2cute
02-03-15, 01:32 PM
I'm also not worried about coins, finally!

But I am frustrated because I can't breed penguin or yeti. Or the diamond hybrids but I haven't got a diamond dragon yet (even though I'm way past level 100) so I can wait for those.

Anyone know how to get penguin or yeti??

luna2cute
02-03-15, 01:32 PM
whold be nice to have theese dragons usable in the arena seeing how they can be used to battle us

Agreed!

Kennedward
02-03-15, 05:09 PM
I'm also not worried about coins, finally!

But I am frustrated because I can't breed penguin or yeti. Or the diamond hybrids but I haven't got a diamond dragon yet (even though I'm way past level 100) so I can wait for those.

I got all the artic dragons, you just need to keep trying, no trick to it

briezystorm
02-05-15, 03:41 PM
I find the artic isles extremely boring there is nothing to work towards. I keep checking the mine thinking that will be open but it's just a decoration. I would not advise anyone to waste any coins they can't spare on this.

LonePudding
02-05-15, 04:33 PM

I bred my penguin with blizzard x snowflake. Don't think I have a yeti, I haven't been to the Arctic side for so long!

Kennedward
02-06-15, 07:57 AM
I find the artic isles extremely boring there is nothing to work towards. I keep checking the mine thinking that will be open but it's just a decoration. I would not advise anyone to waste any coins they can't spare on this.

Agreed. The arctic isle is for those with more than enough coins to spare so that they can pretty much use or "waste" them there. I use the term "waste" because you spend your coins but don't get anything in return really, just more decor over at the arctic isle, but doesn't help on your regular isle.

shield14
02-06-15, 01:25 PM

It's not only boring, it's also making me think that I was stupid to start breeding there.
For over 3 months I can get one dragon, a Snow angel, I've spent gold on speeding thinking that it might encrease my chances. It didn't, it was merely a waste of real dollars.
That's making me wonder why I even bother to breed there if TL made it impossible to breed what you need?
My advice is the same as above, don't waste your time with Arctics.

mbyte68
02-06-15, 01:44 PM
i stopped mine ages ago u cant even use them in battle arena, would be nice to use ours in the arena if they can IMO

Kennedward
02-07-15, 07:54 AM
It's not only boring, it's also making me think that I was stupid to start breeding there.
For over 3 months I can get one dragon, a Snow angel, I've spent gold on speeding thinking that it might encrease my chances. It didn't, it was merely a waste of real dollars.
That's making me wonder why I even bother to breed there if TL made it impossible to breed what you need?
My advice is the same as above, don't waste your time with Arctics.

Speaking of using gold to increase breeding a rare dragon, it hardly ever works, which is actually another source of wasting your gold. So I never use it, and will never use it unless TL makes it 200 coins to use.

luna2cute
02-07-15, 01:44 PM
I bred my penguin with blizzard x snowflake. Don't think I have a yeti, I haven't been to the Arctic side for so long!

Thank you, I'll keep trying!! 😃