PDA

View Full Version : Crops Dropping Energy

ginerp
02-01-15, 06:11 PM
I have two kingdoms, one that I quit for a few years then took back up. On that one, my crops sometimes drop energy. But I no longer remember how I got them to do that. I imagine it was a reward for a quest, but I don't know where to even look in the goal thread to figure it out. Help?

labsandboxers
02-01-15, 06:22 PM
I think it just happens with a certain amount of collections. I could be wrong I've been playing awhile

calipitter
02-01-15, 07:12 PM
The knowledge shard that drops from the tablet of tabernum triggers research that when competed increases your energy production when collecting crops. Unfortunately it does not seem to be 33% that is promised except for possibly the wheat crop.

SpiritWind00
02-01-15, 07:43 PM
Here is the link you're after... :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481871&viewfull=1#post481871

shard #3 is the agricultural shard. My experience is that energy does drop about a third of the time across all crop types. You also get extra crops drops as well.

ginerp
02-01-15, 08:48 PM
Perfect, thank you spirit wind!

calipitter
04-18-15, 06:48 PM

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481871&viewfull=1#post481871

shard #3 is the agricultural shard. My experience is that energy does drop about a third of the time across all crop types. You also get extra crops drops as well.

I just harvested 12 corn and got one energy. That is not 33%. That is not even "about" 33%. This happens quite often for me and it is frustrating. The description on the card says 33% reduction in energy, so it should be that on every third harvest an energy is dropped. This should not be a 33% percent "chance" because some of us are extremely unlucky compared to others, and that is not what the card says. Good for you if you are getting that much energy, but I would have to disagree with having the same experience.

ShibuyaCloth
04-18-15, 11:15 PM

Dominion with level 10 or lower also get a harvest bonus.

queentina3
04-20-15, 07:18 PM
I agree with calipitter, I think something's wrong. On queentina3 account I just harvested a crop of 25 strawberries and only got 3 energy back. On my 2tina account I noticed after harvesting over 30 wheat crops I only got 1 energy back. That isn't right at all, and I have the shards on both these accounts.

shambalaya
04-21-15, 01:40 AM
I've experienced not getting any energy from harvesting tons of crops and also getting energy return on almost every single crop. The 33% energy back is an average, although there's also the theory that it is a 33% chance of getting energy back, but in that case some people out there absolutely never get any energy back from harvesting and some people have an energy factory! I think that would be bad for the game economy :)

ShibuyaCloth
04-21-15, 02:01 AM
I've experienced not getting any energy from harvesting tons of crops and also getting energy return on almost every single crop. The 33% energy back is an average, although there's also the theory that it is a 33% chance of getting energy back, but in that case some people out there absolutely never get any energy back from harvesting and some people have an energy factory! I think that would be bad for the game economy :)

I postulate for the second. You get a 33% chance to have 1 energy drop. Like you have a small % to double your crop drop or getting a fey crystal.

queentina3
04-21-15, 05:58 PM
Ah, ok, that makes sense. When we were doing the tulip fest I seemed to get a lot more energy when harvesting than I'm getting now is all, hence I've stopped harvesting and saved it for buildings and when none are left, used on my livestock or flowers. I'll deal with my crops once I've moved on to the next stage - monster mash and maybe I'll see a difference then. :)

calipitter
05-07-15, 03:53 AM
The point is the card says one third reduction in energy and that is not what is happening at all.

PurpleScorpion76
05-07-15, 04:19 AM
The way my crops work is that sometimes I'll harvest 20 crops and get 1 or 2 energy back then other times I'll get a return so that I've used virtually no energy at all. Swings and roundabouts!

Wonkaland99
05-07-15, 05:40 AM
I am sure it averages out over the long term. Human nature being what it is, we probably remember the bad drops more than the good ones. I know when I first got the shard I was way over 50% for a day or two before my 'luck' ran out.

brenstal
05-07-15, 11:25 AM
I am sure it averages out over the long term. Human nature being what it is, we probably remember the bad drops more than the good ones. I know when I first got the shard I was way over 50% for a day or two before my 'luck' ran out.

I agree with this. Besides, when I was a lower level I had less energy to use and I didn't get any energy from harvesting crops. Getting that shard is a big help. It's a nice bonus. Sometimes I'll get lots of energy from harvest, and occasionally I won't get hardly any at all.