PDA

View Full Version : comon, peach cobbler quest

Unregistered
02-05-11, 03:58 AM
the quests on bakery story valentines for ipad just started to come up.
Create a peach cobbler and instantly complete it.

Well first this is an issue as it is the very first quest and asks for gems to complete it, could be a little better than this. Why not ask people to cook food that takes several days, you would still get people spending gems to get the quests done faster, but those who dont want to use gems on quests will also be happy.

Also it is completely illogical, to instantly complete a peach cobbler you need to mormally spend around 5 gems? to skip the quest is costs 1 gem, which doesnt make too much sence.

You obviously want money traps but there are ways to do it and make the long term free playing customers happy also, just think about it :)

Unregistered
02-05-11, 10:03 AM
I, too, am puzzled by the quests.

I've already cooked enough of a particular dish to be above level 4 in experience. So now I had to use gems to instantly complete cooking the dish again? This doesn't seem as much an incentive as a road block.

I'm much more likely to spend gems on items of decor, e.g. the fireplace.

Unregistered
02-05-11, 11:22 AM
So are you saying that if a quest pops up that you have to either use gems to complete it or to delete it? Because if that is the case, that's reason enough for me not to bother with the new version! I already don't like that extra stuff on the screen.

Unregistered
02-06-11, 01:12 AM
Well... I have the same problem. What we will get after completing that quest? :)

Unregistered
02-06-11, 09:49 AM
I started this peach cobbler quest.... and now it shows that I never even started it. Anyone else having this problem?

Unregistered
02-06-11, 12:20 PM
My quests haven't even started yet. There are no updates yet either. Does anyone know why this is?

Unregistered
02-12-11, 03:38 PM
There's always a ***** around this thing... just start the cobbler and wait until it finishes and serve. For the "finish with the gem" part, if you "skip it" it only takes one gem, compared to the 5 that it takes if you insta finish it ^^'

Unregistered
02-12-11, 04:17 PM
There's always a ***** around this thing... just start the cobbler and wait until it finishes and serve. For the "finish with the gem" part, if you "skip it" it only takes one gem, compared to the 5 that it takes if you insta finish it ^^'

Doesn't matter. The fact they rigged situations in their freaking quests/tasks -- which should have been about just enahncing gameplay, maybe forcing people to explore other restaurants/bakeries/farms in "social mode" to find rare items (like tip a certain kind of table, or water a rose in farm) -- to REQUIRE gems just shows you what kind of outfit TeamLava really is.

They're just not a good company. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Unregistered
02-12-11, 08:45 PM
I hate this version, all you get for completing a stupid quest is like 100 coins. Not worth it when i have 1M