PDA

View Full Version : What is mayonnaise used for?

BiggerBubbles
01-31-15, 09:51 PM
Went up to lvl 24, unlocked mayonnaise. Can't seem to find any recipes available to me that require it. I have the latest app. What am I missing?

queentina3
01-31-15, 10:19 PM
I think it's used for recipes from the Fish Market. For some reason they have it unlock at 24 when the Fish Market doesn't even unlock until 25. I read in another thread not to long ago that it is best to not unlock Cucumbers or Mayo until you absolutely have to, as they'll take over your Street Market otherwise and aren't used in enough recipes to make it worth the hassle, not right away at least.

tiggerhobbes
01-31-15, 10:21 PM
Tuna sandwich and chicken salad.

You will eventually discover that just because an item is available to you at a cost in this game, doesn't mean it makes any sense to get it. You really need to slow down and think and decide is this useful to me, or am I better off allocating my coins on something else.

deucedeuce22
02-01-15, 12:03 AM
Mayo has a 5 hour restock time, it's generally a good idea to keep a good stock of it for constant tuna sandwiches. Tuna is on a 30 minute restock, with a one hour cook time for sandwiches. Played right, it's great money and experience with little effort.

queentina3
02-11-15, 08:01 PM
Mayo has a 5 hour restock time, it's generally a good idea to keep a good stock of it for constant tuna sandwiches. Tuna is on a 30 minute restock, with a one hour cook time for sandwiches. Played right, it's great money and experience with little effort.

Thank you so much for that tip! I had been afraid to unlock Mayo and Cucumber due to them taking over the street market, and to be honest, they have a bit, but I'm dealing with it for the moment. I'm Learning the Tuna Sandwich now and since most of the ingredients for it aren't ones I'd be using for many of the other recipes I need/want to cook right now, this is a great back-up for that appliance. I've already master the BLT due to the available and easy to get ingredients, and the only other thing available was the Antipasto Platter but I need to hoard my Peppers to finish off the Quiche mastery quest. Now with the Tuna and Cucumber sandwiches available, I can use some of the ingredients that just sit there idle. :)

WinnyWoos
02-11-15, 09:08 PM
the only other thing available was the Antipasto Platter

Well you aren't missing out on much by waiting! IMO, that platter was a big disappointment so I wouldn't be in any hurry to learn it:)

queentina3
02-11-15, 10:17 PM
Well you aren't missing out on much by waiting! IMO, that platter was a big disappointment so I wouldn't be in any hurry to learn it:)

Yeah, lol, I hadn't realized that I did go ahead and LEARN it but I held off cooking anymore of it as it is a big let down. I'd rather use the peppers in the Fajitas, which brings in more profit, then to waste them on that dish. Unfortunately I need them for the Quiche and then I swear I never want to make that dish again! *shivers*