PDA

View Full Version : Connection error trying to open game.

tarxada
01-31-15, 07:18 PM
I'm getting an error about no internet access despite having internet access.

1. Open app.
2. <splash screen, loading spinner>
3. "Connection Error - Thanks for getting our newest update. Please connect to the Internet once to enable offline play."
4. Press button:
5. "Poppin' ..."
6. <message at step 3 repeats>
7. Does allow me to quit by pressing back but problem recurs upon app restart.

Phone: Galaxy Note 3 N9005
App: Android Bubble Mania Valentine's Day 1.6.7.1g
StormID: Tarxada

Things I tried afterwards with no success:
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
- I tried to get a newer version but it appears I am on the latest.
- I have cleared the app's data.
- I have rebooted.
- I have ****ed other apps.
- I have run the CleanMaster app to clean up any junk.

More Information
- I have never played the game to my knowledge.
- I installed Valentine's Day without having any previous Bubble mania to my knowledge.
- I tried subsequently installing the standard Bubble Mania (version 1.6.5.3g) and it had the same problem.
- I am playing other TeamLava games without this problem.
- This seems to be a very common problem with TeamLava games as my girlfriend once had the same problem on an S3 (likely on another TeamLava game) and ending up giving up on that game.

DessertWolf
02-02-15, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear that. Please try disconnecting and reconnecting to your wireless internet source and closing and reopening your game to ensure a secure connection to our servers. In addition to this, can you provide us with the error code you are receiving? You can obtain this by starting the App and tapping an invisible button to the right of "Try Again" in the error message. The button is in the lower right-hand corner of the error message, and it will display an error code. (EX: "Request Error -1009".)

tarxada
02-02-15, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear that. Please try disconnecting and reconnecting to your wireless internet source and closing and reopening your game to ensure a secure connection to our servers. In addition to this, can you provide us with the error code you are receiving? You can obtain this by starting the App and tapping an invisible button to the right of "Try Again" in the error message. The button is in the lower right-hand corner of the error message, and it will display an error code. (EX: "Request Error -1009".)

Hi, thanks for the response. It appears that it's finally working.

tarxada
02-03-15, 12:12 AM
I don't think it was on Wi-Fi before at all, only 3G, perhaps that was part of the problem?