PDA

View Full Version : Upper level players penalized by belated introduction of beginner goals

tiggerhobbes
01-29-15, 11:37 PM
Anybody else feels that way? My counter tops are loaded with upper level dishes and now I have to go back to master beginner recipes that I've phased out long ago in order to unlock recipes.

I'm looking at throwing away 22,432 meatballs dishes, or 43,658 lobster sandwiches, or 38,261 baked salmon dishes, or 67, 720 baked potatoes, or 151, 392 tuna casserole, in order to produce counter space to go back to redo the beginner recipes that yield one coin per dish, that is not worth my time nor the counter top space, that make zero strategic sense. But I feel like the longer I put it off, the more dishes I accumulate, and the more I will lose out. So I'm now forced to throw away a TONE of expensive dishes in astronomical number in order to handle their late to the party beginner goals.

cquinn32
01-30-15, 08:46 AM
How and why do you have such a high amount of dishes on your counters?

nmishii
01-30-15, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't throw away the dishes you listed. Can't you buy another counter? Or throw away a dish with less servings?

in my case I decided not to do that goal now and I run out of food all the time still. I still have plenty of recipes to unlock.

mcmug17
01-30-15, 01:29 PM
Sounds like you need to work on increasing the number of guests served. A lobster sandwich, according to another post, is a x700 item. How you end up with 40k+ on the table puzzles me. I have 16 tables and serving at a rate of 25 guests per min. Those lobster sandwiches will be gone in no time at my restaurant.

I'm not saying I don't have any issue with these quests. I hate how it drags down my hourly income.

robotparade
01-30-15, 02:50 PM
Keep your restaurant 'open' by staying in it - don't close the program or visit neighbors. Those dishes should be used pretty quickly, if you have the max amount of tables and chairs out.

tiggerhobbes
01-30-15, 09:33 PM
My next counter is at lvl 56. :-(. I'm still stuck at 46. I've got a long way to go.

I deleted a lower level dish to make room for fr. Toast, mastered that and deleted that to start steak and egg.

As for the high number, I pretty much only make lobster sandwich on my two deli stations. I have 12 slots in my street market and it keeps flooding me with lobsters like it used to flood me with cucumber.

JustKay
01-30-15, 10:42 PM
sounds like the game's balancing is whacked. sounds like the game is designed to "randomly" favour the items you already have too much of and don't need (even if they are good items).

at the end of the day it's just digital currency. if the only way to make the game fun again is to blow away all those lobster sandwiches then just go and do it. why would you force yourself to not have fun just because you don't want to lose fake money? I'd pick which ever counter had the least. Clear it and reserve that counter as my dedicated goals completion counter. Discard anything off it when I need the space (even if it's straight after putting something on it).

orleansparish
01-31-15, 01:03 AM
You should be able to have at least 12 table settings and 12 counters. Keep your shop open. If you are producing more than you sell, why not stop cooking or enjoy the money you're making and worry about mastering later? They said we don't get gems just yet, so it's a moot point.

To me there is only one goal worth doing, the one where we unlock the fried beef balls or whatever it's called. Nothing will happen if you even have to wait to start that. It's insane to throw the food away, considering the cost of making them.

I'm always cooking and selling out of food. Never blocked my doors, but I'm fine with that. I need Cid the teamster to come in and give me parts to do the stupid upgrades.

Now if there is upset about it's that. I played from the beginning and was on level 35 when they removed our progress and made us start over to make is even with newbies, when it was mass released. I was livid and it wasn't fair. They didn't do this with farm 2, so why this game?

I quit for two months. I Started again not even a week ago and am close to level 39. But I can't even open the fruit stand because I need to expand. Then I'll need parts again to open to Stupid shop. The whole balance of the game is focused on nails, hammers, boards and blueprints. Not the food. Which is insane.

tiggerhobbes
01-31-15, 05:47 AM
Thanks for sharing. I guess I just wanted to see if other players have similar issues, I agree with you that it's not the first time they've suddenly changed something major in the game that significantly disadvantaged or frustrated early / advanced players. If you mess with the parameters too much you take away the sense of agency in the game and makes the gaming experience more punishing than fun.

dalexxx
02-01-15, 07:27 AM
Hi there, im new to the game and has reached level 29 but had to buy mushrooms at level 31 and cook mushroom recipes ::/

Is that normal? Unreacheable goals (yet)