Pages : [1] 2 3 4

minidemon88
01-28-15, 03:48 AM
New event soon! Are you ready for it? XD

http://i61.tinypic.com/30u74hi.png

* I'm still waiting for the Cupid Corgi please TL!! :(

Level Requirement: Level 17.

--Goals Information--
Day 1 (Roses): Craft items from the Dairy.
Day 2 (Envelope): Craft items from the Bakery.
Day 3 (Heart Box): Craft items from the Chocolatier.
Day 4 (Pink Teddy Bear): Craft items from Studio.
Day 5 (Shopping Bag): Doing plane deliveries.
Day 6 (Red Teddy Bear): Craft items from the Windmill.
Day 7 (Present): Collect from pig.
Day 8 (White Teddy Bear): Collect from sheep.
Day 9 (Wreaths): Fishing using the Valentine's Bait.
Day 10 (Necklace): Mining.

--Prizes from the collection--
1. Valentine's Balloons
2. Valentine's Picnic
3. Valentine's Gift Boxes
4. Giant Valentine's Bear
5. Heart-shaped Topiary
6. Rose Lantern
7. Heart Candles
8. Romantic pond
9. Valentine's Basket
10. Rose Archway
11. Valentine's Winged White Cat (Pet)
12. Yorkshire Terrier (Pet)

-- Valentine's Collection--
* The numbers of collectible you've accumulated is shown in your collections gallery, under the "Heart" symbol tab.
http://i60.tinypic.com/5wgl1f.jpg

-- Kissing Booth-- (Cost: 160 gems[Usual Price], 80 gems[Limited Sale Price])
* Able to craft collectible in advance by using the previous collectible.
http://i60.tinypic.com/ayopjk.jpg
<Crafting Timing>
to craft 1 letter you need 1 roses (20mintues).
to craft 1 heart filled with chocolate you need 1 letter (25mintues).
to craft 1 pink bear you need 1 heart filled with chocolate (30mintues).
to craft 1 heart bag you need 1 pink bear (35mintues).
to craft 1 red bear you need 1 heart bag (50mintues).
to craft 1 valentine present you need 1 red bear (1hr).
to craft 1 white bear you need 1 valentine present (1.5hr).
to craft 1 heart coronet you need 1 white bear (2hr).
to craft 1 jewel hanger you need 1 heart coronet (3hr).

My first collection I got a Romantic Pond. 3x3

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/8e57c83d-8b05-4386-9757-dc7f84843d5e_zps97be7b57.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/8e57c83d-8b05-4386-9757-dc7f84843d5e_zps97be7b57.png.html)

judyandthecat
01-28-15, 04:13 AM
Finally! Just look at that valentine kitty and that adorable puppy. A teddy bear too!
Thank you Team Lava for another event.

If you have the gems to buy the kissing booth then I would recommend buying it!
This enables you to turn in collections early and to craft event items that are hard to obtain.
I bought the booth.

A detailed explanation from ciarjen.

There is no need to buy the mailbox or the kissing booth. Both are optional extras to get you to spend gems.

Over the next 10 days there will be 10 collectible items unlocked from doing activities on the farm. In the past this has been from the kitchen, bakery, chocolatier, chickens, sheep, pigs, mine, fishing pond etc.

We won't know what activity has the drop until it unlocks. It unlocks at the same time every day. In the UK that is at 10.30pm.

When all 10 items are unlocked you will be able to turn in collections, just like you do with butterflies and moles. Each complete collection will give you a random prize of decorations or a pet. In the past some people have been lucky and got pets easily and others have not been able to get them despite turning in many collections.

The amount of collections you can turn in is all dependent on the rarest item that you get dropping. In the past this has been from the mine, fishing pond, kitchen, chocolatier.

While the event is going on there will also be optional challenges to complete. These also offer prizes which you can see as the reward in the challenge box. To complete them you will have to give away some of your collected items. Be careful in doing this as you may give away something you need later and it will ruin your chances of completing collections. You may also give away items you need only to find that the prize you get rewarded is something you get many duplicate times when you complete your collections 10 days into the event when all the items are unlocked.

The best thing to do right now is just find out each day where the item is unlocked and try to collect it and make sure you are prepared if you need to mine or fish for items.

The event is designed so there is always a shortage of something which prevents you from completing the collections and you will see a few days before the end of the event that TL will be selling packs of the rare items for real money.

All you need to do now, 2 days into this, is collect from the dairy and the bakery to get roses and envelopes but don't give them away unless you are absolutely sure you are not going to need them. In just over 12 hours time the 3rd item will unlock and as soon as someone works out where it is dropping from they usually post on the forum and update the first page of this thread.

judyandthecat
01-28-15, 04:22 AM
Goals from Morgan.
The first goal's prize is two valentine balloon bouquets.
You need to turn in 65 cheese and 10 roses.

Next goal from Morgan.
The prize is two valentine gift boxes.
You need to turn in.
20 love letters (random drop from the bakery)
15 heart shaped boxes (random drop from chocolatier)
120 bread
40 dark chocolate

Howdy, Farmers!

Just dropping in to give you folks a heads-up that the Cupid Cat will be the final quest prize for this event. The final quest "Won't You Be Mine" will be released on 2/14/2015!

Hey guys,

To unlock "Won't You Be Mine", you will need to complete the following quests:

Season of Love
Roses Are Red
A Teddy for Jed
Hogs and Kisses

Hope this helps!

CuteTali
01-28-15, 05:03 AM
Ooh that looks cute! Love the teddy bear and the picnic stuff and the gift stack. Though I don't like animals much, the kitty is designed very well, it's actually a cute animal, very cartoonish, which is a good thing.

Ooh I jsut noticed the clouds, pink skies with heart shaped clouds, so cute!! We need FS2 designers to influence Fashion Story designers! All we get is blue and neutrals.

Floris1234567890
01-28-15, 10:01 AM
Yeeeh another real money spending event hahaha :P

Get our pockets, creditcards, giftcards, and hacking tool ready to pull :D

mamareader02
01-28-15, 10:03 AM
Hope it's better than the christmas event-that one soured the game so bad I only check in to return gifts:(

minidemon88
01-28-15, 10:42 AM
I got a bad feeling that it will be a luck based event. Since we already got a community based event previously. And dear TL, when are you going to increase the pets limit? My poor pets in the cellar need some love too!

enaid03
01-28-15, 11:18 AM
Hope it's better than the christmas event-that one soured the game so bad I only check in to return gifts:(

I thought I was the only one. I spent so much time on this game from the crazy Thanksgiving/Christmas events that I barely play these days, I send gifts and that's about it.

Here's to hoping TL listened and makes this an enjoyable event.

cugie
01-28-15, 12:15 PM
I am curious if there will be a gem sale before this event. I do hope it's better than Christmas, the Christmas was my real first event and was awful! I figured I would give Valentines a trying, hoping the last one was a fluke.

Aernak
01-28-15, 01:00 PM
This will be my first FS2 event. I am looking fwd to it! :D I want that doggyyyyy!

orleansparish
01-28-15, 06:14 PM
Well I'm ready! Been selling like crazy and have about 370,000 saved up. Although I think and hope this event is a turn in your collections one. I cannot do another collect from this...such and such..every four hour or upgrade this event. Too time consuming and too stressful.

But this little yorkie is ****ing me! I Must have him. Look at that face and proper red bow!

cityfan
01-30-15, 10:46 AM
I'm guessing this will be out at 12 PST, as usual....just over 2 hours away.....I cant wait!

yppahc
01-30-15, 12:57 PM
These things usually start at 10:30 Uk time. I am not looking forward to this but do want the pets so will try my best. I do wish they would think of another format for events.

meg8880
01-30-15, 01:12 PM
Still no update ...when does this go live? This will be my first event for FS2 so I'm not sure....

judyandthecat
01-30-15, 01:50 PM
Still no update ...when does this go live? This will be my first event for FS2 so I'm not sure....

5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time or in about one hour and forty minutes from time of this post!

judyandthecat
01-30-15, 03:32 PM
It has be***

judyandthecat
01-30-15, 03:39 PM
The dairy will get you roses

kima65
01-30-15, 03:39 PM
How do we get the 1st heart

stlgreg11
01-30-15, 03:41 PM
make cheese
it says we have to give away 65 cheese and one dozen roses
my poor cows

Aernak
01-30-15, 03:55 PM
Is there a level req? I have this on my farm but my kids dont? They are level 11. Please let me know!

Aernak
01-30-15, 03:56 PM
make cheese
my poor cows

Where does it say this? Mine points to the dairy but doesnt give any further clues... ??

judyandthecat
01-30-15, 04:00 PM
Where does it say this?
Talk to Morgan

judyandthecat
01-30-15, 04:01 PM
Is there a level req? I have this on my farm but my kids dont? They are level 11. Please let me know!

Yes there is Kooky will have to tell you what level likely around twenty

orleansparish
01-30-15, 04:01 PM

I think you have to be level 13 or 15. If they have enough money, don't discard deliveries and do as many as possible!

Aernak
01-30-15, 04:03 PM
Talk to Morgan

I have the quest but it just points to the dairy. How do you know to make cheese? Is it just trial and error? I have 4 cheese crafting... Hope it moves me fwd....

Aernak
01-30-15, 04:06 PM
Thx for the info about the level requirement. I will try to help them level quickly! Ahhhh...

I have another question. Am i going to get screwed because i am newer and dont have all of the crafting buildings yet? I dont have a pizza oven, juicer, jeweler, etc. yet....

stlgreg11
i think it is 14 or so

oxRoseHavenxo
After collecting 8 times from the dairy I have zero roses ....?

judyandthecat
01-30-15, 04:08 PM
I have the quest but it just points to the dairy. How do you know to make cheese? Is it just trial and error? I have 4 cheese crafting... Hope it moves me fwd....

I have collected roses from the cheese. Only roses are released today!
If you want to turn in collections early you have to buy the kissing booth.

orleansparish
01-30-15, 04:08 PM
Thx for the info about the level requirement. I will try to help them level quickly! Ahhhh...

I have another question. Am i going to get screwed because i am newer and dont have all of the crafting buildings yet? I dont have a pizza oven, juicer, jeweler, etc. yet....

Not really. Do you have enough gems to buy the kissing booth? Even if you don't have all the craft buildings, you can make the other pieces from the roses you collect, from the Dairy.

orleansparish
01-30-15, 04:10 PM
I Love this type of event. Even though I didn't do well for halloween this is much more simplistic. And I don't have to collect at ungodly hours. I just used my gems on a super cute bunny but will happily buy more. On android. Ios and their tax charges is on my list. Good luck, everyone!

Aernak
01-30-15, 04:27 PM
I dont understand this at all. I made 4 cheese. Nothing happened. The quest points to the dairy but says nothing about making cheese. Can anybody please help me? I dont understand....

RedStella13
01-30-15, 04:29 PM
I dont understand this at all. I made 4 cheese. Nothing happened. The quest points to the dairy but says nothing about making cheese. Can anybody please help me? I dont understand....

The starting quest wants you to collect roses, which come from the dairy. The quest that pops up after that one asks for cheese. Lots of cheese.

Aernak
01-30-15, 04:30 PM
The starting quest wants you to collect roses, which come from the dairy. The quest that pops up after that one asks for cheese. Lots of cheese.

What do you mean the roses come from the dairy? I click the dairy. I can craft cheese, butter or cream. Where are the roses?

RedStella13
01-30-15, 04:34 PM
What do you mean the roses come from the dairy? I click the dairy. I can craft cheese, butter or cream. Where are the roses?

When you collect items from the dairy, that's when you get the Valentine roses.

Aernak
01-30-15, 04:35 PM
When you collect items from the dairy, that's when you get the Valentine roses.

Ok so its random drop? I collected some cheeses and got nothing.... I'll keep trying! Thank u! Sorry for the noob questions! This is my first fs2 event!

Aernak
01-30-15, 04:36 PM
Not really. Do you have enough gems to buy the kissing booth? Even if you don't have all the craft buildings, you can make the other pieces from the roses you collect, from the Dairy.

Only 52 gems saved...

Aernak
01-30-15, 04:45 PM
Ok Morgan started jumping finally and i got the cheese quest. Not sit what triggered it but i seem to have figured it out LOL

reewinder
01-30-15, 05:19 PM
Hmmmm.....no valentine themed farm this time? Wasn't everything pink last year? And hearts everywhere? I don't even see anything valentines related for sale. Isn't there usually an update?

ErnieKatz
01-30-15, 05:33 PM
make cheese
my poor cows

Where do you see this????

kooky panda
01-30-15, 05:38 PM
Ok so its random drop? I collected some cheeses and got nothing.... I'll keep trying! Thank u! Sorry for the noob questions! This is my first fs2 event!
Yes the roses are a random drop.

Hmmmm.....no valentine themed farm this time? Wasn't everything pink last year? And hearts everywhere? I don't even see anything valentines related for sale. Isn't there usually an update?
Last year I think the decorations came later.

Top left hand corner under goals.
Try restarting your game or device .

Note: I do not think that the Event is offered to android players.

Aernak
01-30-15, 05:43 PM

I *think* what I did was i kept collecting from the dairy until i got a rose. Then Morgan started hopping up and down and it added the cheese part of the quest. I didnt see at the rose drop, but apparently it did, as it says i have one...

janenorton
01-30-15, 05:48 PM
i got my roses from butter then the new quest for 65 cheeses started

janenorton
01-30-15, 05:50 PM
i am going to try a butter again i have 2 wait for 2 cheese to finish first. I will let everyone know

Aernak
01-30-15, 05:56 PM
i am going to try a butter again i have 2 wait for 2 cheese to finish first. I will let everyone know

I only had cheese crafting when i got mine so i know mine came from a cheese. Good luck! Seems to be a very rare drop. :P

janenorton
01-30-15, 06:12 PM
now i have a valentine mailbox and a kissing booth i can buy for gems

diverDestiny
01-30-15, 07:09 PM
One rose in 4 hours. Where are all the roses?

LuvsHorror
01-30-15, 07:09 PM
Is there a time limit on getting these cheeses in? 65 is a lot. Ten days, right?

diverDestiny
01-30-15, 07:10 PM
What does the kissing booth get you? Is it worth buying?

bunny2889
01-30-15, 07:12 PM
I've done 27 cheeses and have gotten 2 roses... This may take a while...

I had just enough gems to buy the kissing booth, so I bit the bullett and went for it. I'm a sucker for anything hearts and the cat is super cute, and they really got me with the yorkie, I personally have 2, so I really want that little one too.

bunny2889
01-30-15, 07:14 PM
What does the kissing booth get you? Is it worth buying?

It just helps you craft the items needed instead of waiting to collect them. But you need the other items to craft each other... Roses craft the love letter, love letters to craft the candy hearts and so on..

Aernak
01-30-15, 07:16 PM
I've done 27 cheeses and have gotten 2 roses... This may take a while...

I had just enough gems to buy the kissing booth, so I bit the bullett and went for it. I'm a sucker for anything hearts and the cat is super cute, and they really got me with the yorkie, I personally have 2, so I really want that little one too.

I have been doing cheeses non stop too and so far I have 2 roses also. This IS gonna take awhile...

Do u think its possible to get the new yorkie without buying that booth? I dont have gems for that...

Nastylilhobbits
01-30-15, 07:20 PM
Am I missing something here? :confused: If the drop rate on the first item is so low, it makes the kissing booth useless as we'll all just run out of the first one. If this isn't changed I can't see many people who haven't already bought the booth will do so.

sandygin
01-30-15, 07:25 PM
I am so disappointed that it is a turn in your collections and hope for the best event.I have no luck in these and end up with the same few items and nothing good.It should be if you do the work,you get the prize.I really want the yorkie but the odds are not good.

BunnyfluffMom
01-30-15, 07:26 PM
Ack! Went out on a limb and bought a mailbox. Now I find out you can't use it without a gift you have to make in the kissing booth. I don't have 150 gems, so this is a no go. Am i going to find out the only way to complete this quest is to buy the kissing booth? So not gonna happen.

diverDestiny
01-30-15, 07:40 PM
Ack! Went out on a limb and bought a mailbox. Now I find out you can't use it without a gift you have to make in the kissing booth. I don't have 150 gems, so this is a no go. Am i going to find out the only way to complete this quest is to buy the kissing booth? So not gonna happen.

I agree. Booth costs too much gems.

bunny2889
01-30-15, 07:53 PM
I have been doing cheeses non stop too and so far I have 2 roses also. This IS gonna take awhile...

Do u think its possible to get the new yorkie without buying that booth? I dont have gems for that...

I'm sure it is, like past events; it's just super hard to keep turning in collections to try to get them.

With the booth, I'm trying to hustle to complete the roses task, so once done I can keep my dairy going to get as many roses as possible to help with the next tasks.

Aernak
01-30-15, 07:59 PM
I'm sure it is, like past events; it's just super hard to keep turning in collections to try to get them.

With the booth, I'm trying to hustle to complete the roses task, so once done I can keep my dairy going to get as many roses as possible to help with the next tasks.

This is my first fs2 event so i didnt know. I just noticed the vday collection in the game. So the prizes are luck based?? So that yorkie is a random prize? We cant work twd earning him?? Ackkk.... If that is that case, that stinks. :/

reewinder
01-30-15, 08:08 PM
Don't forget that in all the past events the gem items like the ticket booth and probably this time around the kissing booth will eventually go on sale for 80 gems. If it goes to 80 gems I'll probably purchase it because no matter how many items I have gathered in the past to turn in I never got the good prizes. I would usually end up with 45 or so collections and not 1 carnival pony or haunted graveyard, etc. ever showed up for me.....and I see some farms with like 6 carnival ponies. So in events like this it always seems to gotta pay to play or get stuck with lame prizes.

Rynetory2
01-30-15, 08:16 PM
Kissing booth IS NOT WORTH BUYING. Unlike such events in the past, you get lots of first ticket or rose, the drop rate for roses is terrible! I got 18 roses out of 85 dairy collections, 1:4 to 1:5. if this continues, the booth is totally useless without the first item. I want a refund TL. :mad: I wish I hadn't bought it. Pls improve the roses rate TL.

To those who are considering buying the booth, spend your gems on better things. That's my opinion.

bunny2889
01-30-15, 08:18 PM
Yup, all luck based.

I like the ones that are like the Hawaiian event where you worked toward the end prize; that's way more likely to be achievable than the luck of the draw with events like these. It was hard, but possible.

queentina3
01-30-15, 08:20 PM
reewinder, you bring up a good point....It's based off of luck and how much you're willing to pay up front (gems or real money to buy gems).

I'm honestly considering just passing on this whole thing. 65 cheese is an awful lot and in the end I can do without any of the offered prizes - though the dog and cat are adorable.

I'm still trying to save up for items I do need, like the candle maker and forge, as well as expanding to the hot air balloon, that even attempting to partake in this event....well, it will bring me to a crashing halt. :o

Nastylilhobbits
01-30-15, 08:33 PM
Just bought this Valentines bait from Stormie, But I can't use it. I really hope this doesn't mean we'll have to make special bait at some point.

orleansparish
01-30-15, 08:36 PM
Yes, the roses rate is low. But it's the first day and you don't have to give the roses for the first goal. So keep making items in the dairy and use the roses for producing the other items. I bought the booth and am giving the roses to whatever her name is, but will stop after this. All the goals are luck based. They all give you better oddes if you use money. They all get the same complaints from a different set of players, depending on their personal luck. So they won of its this type of contest or the lose if it isn't.

At least this isn't one where we have to buy super expensive items, upgrade anything and check in every four hours to collect. That in itself for me, makes this a winner.

Also, people are going to buy the booth whether the drop rates are great or not. Again, it's the first night.

orleansparish
01-30-15, 08:39 PM
Just bought this Valentines bait from Stormie, But I can't use it. I really hope this doesn't mean we'll have to make special bait at some point.

This is scary. Bad enough I got the mailbox and then give my roses away, before I bought the booth and saw I needed to craft the envelopes for its use. They are really going to make us work hard for those darn animals. I can tell already. I have 93 gems left over and won't turn in any early collections. No matter how much Id like, just to see what I have towards the last few days.

I'm too happy at being at almost 400,000 coins, after that last goal fiasco. I got the reindeer but boyfriend hasn't given me anything great for my using all my money on him.

queentina3
01-30-15, 08:56 PM
Yes, the roses rate is low. But it's the first day and you don't have to give the roses for the first goal.

I'm not sure what you mean by this as the first part of the goal is to give 10 Roses and 65 Cheese. Is that not really the case, as my goal prompt indicates it is.

kirsty050
01-30-15, 09:27 PM
Will i need all the different crafting buildings to finish this?
I dont have the juicer or jewelsmith yet and not enough money for them, only level 26 too so there are still a lot of other buildings i havnt unlocked too
I dont see much point in paying 160 gems for a building thats only going to be useful for this event either

dylis007
01-30-15, 09:48 PM
Still waiting for my 1st rose made 18 cheeses, they're filing up my barn space!!

itssandii2u
01-30-15, 10:21 PM
Anyone reach the second goal after the cheese/roses yet?

jigsaw75
01-30-15, 11:00 PM
Still waiting for my 1st rose made 18 cheeses, they're filing up my barn space!!

Click on Morgan or the goal and then click 'give'. Morgan will take your roses or cheese. The other players may want to save up their roses for the kissing booth. The mailbox isn't worth it.

Nastylilhobbits
01-30-15, 11:30 PM
Well I won't be wasting any more gems on on this event! Worked all night making cheese and gifts, and used up 200 gems. What do I get for all my efforts when I turn in a collection? CANDLES!!!:mad:

minidemon88
01-31-15, 12:55 AM
Ah, my prediction are correct! It's a random luck based event this time round. And it just seem like every event they're making it harder and harder. I just got 1 roses after crafting 12 cheese. =.=" Then we still have to give 65 cheese and 10 roses to the goal. Ha, real funny. :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice that when you tap all the items in the collection, it just said collect from activities on the farm. The last two items usually is from fishing and mining. But it doesn't seem to be the same this time round. No more early clues. Bummer! :( Also we didn't get any new Valentine's item in the market or skin for the train and plane.

Dear TL, please please please release the cupid corgi into the tree house game! I've been begging for it since last year. Pretty please?

menps
01-31-15, 01:14 AM
Hi I bought 1 valentine bait from stormie what's it for please?

orleansparish
01-31-15, 01:36 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by this as the first part of the goal is to give 10 Roses and 65 Cheese. Is that not really the case, as my goal prompt indicates it is.

I meant the goal is there but we don't have to give the roses. The goal is just a sure way to get some prizes we can easily win, when we turn in collections. Otherwise from goals of past, it's just a resource waster. I'm simply doing it because I can make enough cheese. But for the next part I'll ignore it.

So if roses are a rare find, keep them to make the envelopes. You may get a better gift from the mailboxes for 5 gems. OR keep the roses to make the other things needed.

orleansparish
01-31-15, 01:39 AM
Well I won't be wasting any more gems on on this event! Worked all night making cheese and gifts, and used up 200 gems. What do I get for all my efforts when I turn in a collection? CANDLES!!!:mad:

What did you use 200 gems for? Is that how much your kissing booth cost? Otherwise it isn't worth using gems to speed anything up on the first day. After getting burned on the halloween event, I refuse. I'll save my 93 gems left over, and see If an animal from last year pops up at pipers time out lair.

Nastylilhobbits
01-31-15, 01:52 AM
What did you use 200 gems for? Is that how much your kissing booth cost? Otherwise it isn't worth using gems to speed anything up on the first day. After getting burned on the halloween event, I refuse. I'll save my 93 gems left over, and see If an animal from last year pops up at pipers time out lair.

For the booth, the mailbox and turning in a collection early.
After getting two hotdogs and nine carousel ponies from the other collection events I had a fair amount of faith in them, however if we can't even get enough of the first gift to work with there's not much point really.

minidemon88
01-31-15, 02:04 AM
I'm only giving the cheese to the goal and not the roses yet. The drop rate just seem too low. And by judging from previous events, seem like there will be more than 10 prizes to be won. =/

My luck stinks at such event. :(

ciarjen
01-31-15, 03:26 AM
I'm only giving the cheese to the goal and not the roses yet. The drop rate just seem too low. And by judging from previous events, seem like there will be more than 10 prizes to be won. =/

My luck stinks at such event. :(

I am not giving any roses either until I know I don't need them to complete collections. The drop rate so far is the lowest we have ever seen in one of these events and going by the Christmas event, I would say that is a deliberate change to the game.

And based on that we can also expect that the odds of receiving a good prize when turning in a collection are also lower.

Buyer Beware for those spending gems on this event.

droopy123love
01-31-15, 03:27 AM
Nice dog and cat as endprize, but...... i already have 3 cat bungalows and 3 dog houses both maxed on animals.
TL can we expect an increase of possible allowed dog and cat houses? If not there will be no need for me to participate in this event, my cellar is already cramped with loads of decorations....

ciarjen
01-31-15, 03:28 AM
Nice dog and cat as endprize, but...... i already have 3 cat bungalows and 3 dog houses both maxed on animals.
TL can we expect an increase of possible allowed dog and cat houses? If not there will be no need for me to participate in this event, my cellar is already cramped with loads of decorations....

This is the problem I have. No room for any cats and dogs and I refuse to spend money on something which needs to go into storage. I would guess there are a lot of high level players in the same situation where they have no room for these prizes.

reewinder
01-31-15, 04:33 AM
reewinder, you bring up a good point....It's based off of luck and how much you're willing to pay up front (gems or real money to buy gems).

I'm honestly considering just passing on this whole thing. 65 cheese is an awful lot and in the end I can do without any of the offered prizes - though the dog and cat are adorable.

I'm still trying to save up for items I do need, like the candle maker and forge, as well as expanding to the hot air balloon, that even attempting to partake in this event....well, it will bring me to a crashing halt. :o
Don't buy the forge unless you have an abundance of cash. I never use mine and I hear so many people say the same thing all the time. All it does is make pickaxes, shovels, nails, screws and hammers.....all of which require a combination of boards, iron ore, hammers and planks in order to make anything. It's just not worth it if you never use it. Takes 8 hours to craft. Much easier to get them from doing deliveries or the newspaper. I only use it if I am desperate for one last item to upgrade silo or barn space.

orleansparish
01-31-15, 05:02 AM
For the booth, the mailbox and turning in a collection early.
After getting two hotdogs and nine carousel ponies from the other collection events I had a fair amount of faith in them, however if we can't even get enough of the first gift to work with there's not much point really.

NINE?! Wowzah! You're a lucky pumpkin. I thought I did with winning two, but hou blew that out of the water. I was tempted to use 80 gems to turn a collection in, to see what I would get. But again, I refused because I knew it would be a sucky gift. I didn't win the hotdog, and I turned in over 30 collections. It was my first event like this one that I did badly.

But I chalked it up to turning them in at a bad time and luck not being on my side. But I'll be patient and try to get as many items as I can. The worst are always the mining and fishing portions. And if we need to make special bait we darn well better able to craft them on a reasonable time....no four or five hour messes...and get what we need.

If we have to make the special hair and still get other fishes, I'll be miffed.

orleansparish
01-31-15, 05:08 AM

We def need more space for the pets. Why spend gems on something when we have to pick and choose which pet is worthy of going into storage? I have 3 dogs in storage. Maxed out on dogs and cats that are out. 5 ponies. 5 bunnies. The reindeer and 3 chinchillas. Charge us gems for upgraded habitats, I don't care. Just stop releasing pets we can't even win or buy.

spicedelicious
01-31-15, 05:48 AM
Another one here who would discourage from buying the Kissing Booth unless you have the 160 gems to spare and are willing to count of random luck. 😂. I was quick to spend the 160 gems as I always do with these events (got a dozen carnival ponies!) but so far only got 2 roses after making 50 cheeses. Can't finish the goal with 2 roses despite having a ton of cheese and getting close to 65. And can't even make more than 2 of the gifts in the Kissing Booth. What's the point?

Come on, Team Lava. This is poor form.

Floris1234567890
01-31-15, 06:08 AM
The most poor thing is thats its a game only and you have valentine atleast because on my farm there is no valentine ( how about that )

jameshaj
01-31-15, 06:47 AM
What is the next goal after doing the cheese?

Floris1234567890
01-31-15, 06:48 AM
To eat it with a glass of wine :D ( would the developers say )

bunny2889
01-31-15, 06:58 AM
Next goal hasn't come out yet. I completed the first one this morning. Waiting for the next one and trying to get roses for my kissing booth!

Aernak
01-31-15, 06:58 AM
I have another question. (Shocker! Right? LOL) I have found like 4 roses so far, but my vday collection says I have no roses. Am i doing something wrong?

lightson50
01-31-15, 07:06 AM
To eat it with a glass of wine :D ( would the developers say )

��This is an excellent suggestion...you should work at Teamlava ��

judyandthecat
01-31-15, 07:08 AM
I have another question. (Shocker! Right? LOL) I have found like 4 roses so far, but my vday collection says I have no roses. Am i doing something wrong?

Did you give the roses to Morgan as part of the cheese and roses goal?

ziggybruiser
01-31-15, 07:23 AM
I am having the same issue. Wonder if it is a bug. I have shut down but it makes no difference

Aernak
01-31-15, 07:55 AM

I have given Morgan 5/10 roses. Shouldn't I have 5 roses showing up in my collection? My collection is still completely empty.

This event is very confusing. :/

Aernak
01-31-15, 07:56 AM
Did anyone ever confirm what the level req is for this?

agnes__
01-31-15, 08:05 AM
I've made tons of cheese milk and stuff and still hasn't gotten the rose ugh

judyandthecat
01-31-15, 08:25 AM

I have given Morgan 5/10 roses. Shouldn't I have 5 roses showing up in my collection? My collection is still completely empty.

This event is very confusing. :/

No of you gave the roses to Morgan they don't count for your collection that is why some of us don't do the goals if the event item has a low drop rate.

For new players Morgan is asking for ten roses if you choose to give her the roses as part of her goal they do NOT count as roses in your valentine collection gallery.

Morgan in the days to come will be asking for other items and again if you give them to her then they do not go in your collection gallery.

It is either one or the other and it is your choice. I have not given her any because at this time I am using them in the kissing booth.

Aernak
01-31-15, 08:41 AM
No of you gave the roses to Morgan they don't count for your collection that is why some of us don't do the goals if the event item has a low drop rate.

For new players Morgan is asking for ten roses if you choose to give her the roses as part of her goal they do NOT count as roses in your valentine collection gallery.

Morgan in the days to come will be asking for other items and again if you give them to her then they do not go in your collection gallery.

It is either one or the other and it is your choice. I have not given her any because at this time I am using them in the kissing booth.

I dont have a kissing booth. I guess ill just give her all 10 since i already gave her 5/10. And then after i give her 10, i can use extra roses for collections. I feel like they have made this went SO confusing.

The drop rate probably only seems low because we have only been playing this for 1 day. I have gotten 5 roses in less than 24 hours. That isnt TOO bad, is it?

queentina3
01-31-15, 09:01 AM
Don't buy the forge unless you have an abundance of cash. I never use mine and I hear so many people say the same thing all the time. All it does is make pickaxes, shovels, nails, screws and hammers.....all of which require a combination of boards, iron ore, hammers and planks in order to make anything. It's just not worth it if you never use it. Takes 8 hours to craft. Much easier to get them from doing deliveries or the newspaper. I only use it if I am desperate for one last item to upgrade silo or barn space.

Good to know as I'll take that off the list of things I need to get. If I get that desperate for one or two tools, and I can't find them in the newspaper, I'll just gem them. ;)

ciarjen
01-31-15, 09:26 AM
I dont have a kissing booth. I guess ill just give her all 10 since i already gave her 5/10. And then after i give her 10, i can use extra roses for collections. I feel like they have made this went SO confusing.

The drop rate probably only seems low because we have only been playing this for 1 day. I have gotten 5 roses in less than 24 hours. That isnt TOO bad, is it?

I would not give her any more roses until you are sure you have surplus (more than you have of other items to collect).

In the last couple of these events I ended up short on items I had given in goals and the only way to get them back was to use gems to complete collections.

And the drop rate is the lowest we have seen in these type of events. Consider that you may have to complete 50 plus collections and you still may not be lucky enough to get a pet as a prize. Hold onto what you can until you know for sure how the event is going to work out, when they have unlocked other items.

bexiboo2
01-31-15, 09:34 AM
Ooh I love new challenges bringing excitement to the game.

The luck based one's frustrate me though, I did get some cool stuff with the Halloween one, but didn't get a dog which I really wanted.... Saying that I partly prefer these challenges as I can't play all the time and didn't generate enough to get the Christmas reindeer and thought it was pointless trying ..... It would be cool if once you submit a collection you get a random amount of tokens that you can build up, so you can choose the prizes you get for yourself.

My barn is pretty full at the moment and I've got a load of pick axes and shovels, but I daren't use them in case we need them for the task. I'm also trying to make a lot of bait because we usually need that too, I've seen that some people have bought Valentine bait from stormie, so I'm now wondering if there's any point making normal bait. Grrrr I wish we could have the list in advance of which things will generate the Valentine parts. Good luck everyone!

Aernak
01-31-15, 09:58 AM
I would not give her any more roses until you are sure you have surplus (more than you have of other items to collect).

In the last couple of these events I ended up short on items I had given in goals and the only way to get them back was to use gems to complete collections.

And the drop rate is the lowest we have seen in these type of events. Consider that you may have to complete 50 plus collections and you still may not be lucky enough to get a pet as a prize. Hold onto what you can until you know for sure how the event is going to work out, when they have unlocked other items.

Good to know - ty

minidemon88
01-31-15, 10:50 AM
I'm almost reaching the 65 cheese, just need few more to go. So after one whole day, I only gotten 7 roses. Should I be happy or not? :rolleyes:

LuvsHorror
01-31-15, 11:15 AM

I got a lantern. 😔

LuvsHorror
01-31-15, 11:24 AM
I've already gotten all the roses and almost all the cheese to turn in. This is my first event. Any of the other lava games having events?

3Dolphin2013
01-31-15, 12:37 PM
Hey all,
I just finished the cheese task and I also collected enough roses.
What's next?
Nobody's hopping, no new tasks.
I received 2 lanterns.
There's just an icon thingy at the right side of my screen which says there are 17 days left and day 1 is unlocked.
I'm confused :confused:

frijole7
01-31-15, 12:44 PM
You just completed day 1 tasks. We are all waiting for day 2 to be unlocked so we can scramble some more! Should be a couple more hours.

3Dolphin2013
01-31-15, 12:48 PM
Ah ok! But I think I saw some messages of people who looked at prizes you can win?
Or do I need glasses lol :cool:

3Dolphin2013
01-31-15, 12:50 PM
Oh wait I know where to look now lol thank you!

ciarjen
01-31-15, 12:53 PM
Hey all,
I just finished the cheese task and I also collected enough roses.
What's next?
Nobody's hopping, no new tasks.
I received 2 lanterns.
There's just an icon thingy at the right side of my screen which says there are 17 days left and day 1 is unlocked.
I'm confused :confused:

Yes day 1 is unlocked and day 2 will be unlocked in a few hours. Each day there will be something else to collect and when they are all unlocked and collectible you can complete collections.

Each complete collection will give a prize which is most likely to be a decoration but if you are lucky, it will be a pet. The more collections you complete the more chance you have of getting a pet.

Usually the last 2 items which unlock are from mining and fishing, so be prepared.

LuvsHorror
01-31-15, 01:14 PM
Yes day 1 is unlocked and day 2 will be unlocked in a few hours. Each day there will be something else to collect and when they are all unlocked and collectible you can complete collections.

Each complete collection will give a prize which is most likely to be a decoration but if you are lucky, it will be a pet. The more collections you complete the more chance you have of getting a pet.

Usually the last 2 items which unlock are from mining and fishing, so be prepared.

So start hoarding lures and pickaxes?

ciarjen
01-31-15, 01:19 PM
So start hoarding lures and pickaxes?

Many of us hoard them permanently because they have been used like this before in events.

edit to say I did see someone mention about a new valentines bait but I have no idea what that is.

tigarlilyvol
01-31-15, 01:52 PM
Many of us hoard them permanently because they have been used like this before in events.

edit to say I did see someone mention about a new valentines bait but I have no idea what that is.

I had one available in Stormie's shop. I bought it and went immediately to Stormie's farm and collected it again. I now have 2 and no idea how to use it.

orleansparish
01-31-15, 02:54 PM
I had one available in Stormie's shop. I bought it and went immediately to Stormie's farm and collected it again. I now have 2 and no idea how to use it.

Did you go to the pond to see if it shows up for you to use it there? I don't know if anyone menations it, but don't waste gems on the mailbox unless you want cute decor. The writing makes it seem like you can win a gift when collecting. You only get one part of the items you can craft yourselves. I got a teddy bear and necklace.

plw320
01-31-15, 03:10 PM
Haven't gotten any roses in last 8 hours and they are no longer highlited in my collection area. Anyone receiving any since 10 am eastern?

RedStella13
01-31-15, 03:29 PM
Haven't gotten any roses in last 8 hours and they are no longer highlited in my collection area. Anyone receiving any since 10 am eastern?

Yes, I've gotten them when collecting from the Dairy.

AllicynLynn
01-31-15, 03:38 PM
What is the day 2 prize collected from?

Oneyellowlab
01-31-15, 03:44 PM
I just bought the mailbox and now I've unlocked day 2 but does this mean we can't unlock further days without buying things? To use the mail box i have to buy the kissing booth but that is way too many gems.

littlebomber2
01-31-15, 03:47 PM
Day 2 is unlocked for me and I didn't buy the mailbox. I think it is a waste of gems

GentryTwin02
01-31-15, 03:50 PM
Day 2 is from the bakery

klengenhues
01-31-15, 03:50 PM
I didn't get one single rose since the last past 10 hours, crafting all day long in the dairy. I think there is a bug, this can't be. and no valentine decoration on the farm, very disappointing....;(((

ForeverLadyGrey
01-31-15, 04:04 PM
I'm so confused. Is there anyone who can explain how this entire challenge works? I'm used to bakery challenges where someone posts what you need to do and what the prize will be, but I feel like I'm floundering in the dark here. I did the 10 roses and 65 cheeses. I got 2 balloons. (Some people are saying they got lanterns?) Then it tells me to buy a mailbox. I did. Now it appears it doesn't work unless I spend 160 gems on the kissing booth? And if I don't? Is the challenge over for me? Is the mailbox where the other prizes will come from? I have more questions than answers here. There are no instructions. I have nothing listed in goals. Just an icon that says 17 days remaining and an arrow that points to the mailbox occasionally. Help!

otgland
01-31-15, 04:14 PM
I'm so confused. Is there anyone who can explain how this entire challenge works? I'm used to bakery challenges where someone posts what you need to do and what the prize will be, but I feel like I'm floundering in the dark here. I did the 10 roses and 65 cheeses. I got 2 balloons. (Some people are saying they got lanterns?) Then it tells me to buy a mailbox. I did. Now it appears it doesn't work unless I spend 160 gems on the kissing booth? And if I don't? Is the challenge over for me? Is the mailbox where the other prizes will come from? I have more questions than answers here. There are no instructions. I have nothing listed in goals. Just an icon that says 17 days remaining and an arrow that points to the mailbox occasionally. Help!

Each day a new item will be unlocked. You do not have to complete the requests in your icon on the top left corner to move on. I have not given any roses yet. And don;t plan on buying the mailbox.

Once you have all the items you go to your Collections (lady bug on top of it) to turn them in for prizes. You do not need to buy the kissing booth. I did though. It lets you make future days items.

Yesterdays items was roses - earned from making cheese. Today's item valentine letters and can be earned by making bread (I think) which you make in your bakery.

Hope this helps and good luck!

DaMomma101
01-31-15, 04:26 PM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE VALENTINES EVENT ?? Item is unlocked for the day but no explanation of what we are suppose to do!!!! How can you have an event with no explaination???????
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!! 😩😩😩😩😩

babs3449
01-31-15, 04:26 PM
I am wondering how you know how many of each collection item you have. I gave the ten roses to Morgan before realizing that I probably shouldn't have, but I was pretty sure that I had 11 and don't know where the remaining one might be. It's not in the barn or silo and if I tap on the item in the icon it just closes up. How can you complete collections if you don't know how many items you have or need to get? Thanks in advance.

Edit: thanks to a post here I found it in the collections box.

judyandthecat
01-31-15, 04:29 PM
If you bought the mailbox you will fill it with an envelope which you will get from the bakery. You do not have to buy the kissing booth.

Make bread!

judyandthecat
01-31-15, 04:32 PM
I am wondering how you know how many of each collection item you have. I gave the ten roses to Morgan before realizing that I probably shouldn't have, but I was pretty sure that I had 11 and don't know where the remaining one might be. It's not in the barn or silo and if I tap on the item in the icon it just closes up. How can you complete collections if you don't know how many items you have or need to get? Thanks in advance.

Ok go to your collections gallery and you will see a tab with a heart on it. Click on that and you will see how many roses you have which come from the dairy....make cheese. It is a random drop.
I have posted a picture of the collections gallery on the first page ...second post of this thread.

It is random drops so do not expect you will get a rose or an envelope from every piece of cheese or loaf of bread. There are a lot of days left in this event.

npt727
01-31-15, 04:39 PM
How does the mailbox work?

LuvsHorror
Do we have to give bread like we did cheese? I'm not getting that.

Aernak
The envelopes come from bakery? How do you know that? Mine doesnt say anything about the bakery. When i click on my mailbox it just tells me to buy the envelopes w gems or make them in the friggan 160 gem kissing booth. This event is so so so confusing.

otgland
01-31-15, 04:48 PM
The envelopes come from bakery? How do you know that? Mine doesnt say anything about the bakery. When i click on my mailbox it just tells me to buy the envelopes w gems or make them in the friggan 160 gem kissing booth. This event is so so so confusing.

When you make bread and collect it a valentine letter will be a RANDOM drop. Not sure what you do with the mailbox... just make bread!

otgland
01-31-15, 04:50 PM
Do we have to give bread like we did cheese? I'm not getting that.

This part does not require that you give the bread. You just need to make it to get the random drops of valentine letters. If you go to your Collections machine (lady bug on top of it) you will see how many items you have collected so far.

Once you have collected one of each item, you can turn in a collection for a prize.

Good luck!!!1

Aernak
01-31-15, 04:53 PM
Ok i just collected a bread and got an envelope. Such an odd event...

judyandthecat
01-31-15, 04:54 PM

See on the right hand side of your screen there is an icon that says 17 days click on that.
Day 1 is roses which you will get from the dairy.
Day 2 is the envelope which you will get from the bakery.

frijole7
01-31-15, 04:56 PM
Grrrr I already had cranberry bread started and it takes 41/2 hrs unless I use gems to speed up. Figures!

Aernak
01-31-15, 04:59 PM
Oh for heavens sake - i clicked my mailbox and it ate my letter. Ahhhhh. :/ i wanted to save it for a collection...

fish63
01-31-15, 05:10 PM
I'm getting roses from cream and envelope from pie!

GloLand
01-31-15, 05:18 PM
Is there a glitch with the mailbox? I bought one for today's goal, put a letter inside, and waited an hour. I went to collect my prize and was shown a pic of a small white bear, but it's not in my cellar. Did I just waste a letter and a few gems for nothing? I also agree with others about being burned out after the Christmas mess and have barely been playing this past month. This new event is already off to a slow, rocky start. I hope it improves before I decide to give up. These games should be fun not frustrating!

frijole7
01-31-15, 05:32 PM
This is because roses come from any product made in dairy and mail comes with any product made in bakery. Reason to bake bread is its fastest!

judyandthecat
01-31-15, 05:33 PM
Is there a glitch with the mailbox? I bought one for today's goal, put a letter inside, and waited an hour. I went to collect my prize and was shown a pic of a small white bear, but it's not in my cellar. Did I just waste a letter and a few gems for nothing? I also agree with others about being burned out after the Christmas mess and have barely been playing this past month. This new event is already off to a slow, rocky start. I hope it improves before I decide to give up. These games should be fun not frustrating!

It is in your collections gallery under the valentine tab.

babs3449
01-31-15, 05:33 PM
Thanks, Judyandthecat, for the info about the collections box. Now I have another question about the mailbox. If we put the envelope in it, what happens? Is it then gone from the collections box? Is it the same thing as giving the roses to Morgan, that is, are they gone? If so, is there any reward?

Would love to make bread but sadly my bakery is filled with longterm items.

judyandthecat
01-31-15, 05:42 PM
Thanks, Judyandthecat, for the info about the collections box. Now I have another question about the mailbox. If we put the envelope in it, what happens? Is it then gone from the collections box? Is it the same thing as giving the roses to Morgan, that is, are they gone? If so, is there any reward?

If you put an envelope in your mailbox in one hour you will receive one random event item and the mailbox goes poof because it is a one time use! The item you collected from the mailbox will go in your collections gallery. The reward is you receive one random event item.

Aernak
01-31-15, 06:04 PM
Oh for heavens sake - i clicked my mailbox and it ate my letter. Ahhhhh. :/ i wanted to save it for a collection...

Ok so the mailbox actually turned my envelope into a different collection item...

http://i57.tinypic.com/2z9jgnk.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/347k7cl.jpg

Aernak
01-31-15, 06:05 PM

I am in the same boat. I have cornmeals crafting in my windmill so I cannot make more bread atm -_-

GloLand
01-31-15, 06:07 PM
Thanks judyandthecat. I totally forgot about checking the collections box. Now it's making sense! 😊

mrsmcfly6
01-31-15, 06:35 PM
If you put an envelope in your mailbox in one hour you will receive one random event item and the mailbox goes poof because it is a one time use! The item you collected from the mailbox will go in your collections gallery. The reward is you receive one random event item.

Thanks for explaining I didn't realize it was a one time use item I reset my game twice thinking there was a glitch. Bummer I wanted to keep the mailbox to decorate with it later.

ForeverLadyGrey
01-31-15, 06:41 PM

Thank you so much everyone! This is making much more sense now!

Aernak
01-31-15, 06:51 PM
Well, I decided to give Morgan 5 more roses, because I honestly think roses are going to be the least of my worries when it comes down to completing the vday collections, and I must say, I am very happy I did! I love my new balloons!! :D

http://i58.tinypic.com/21d35uu.jpg

Goofymomma3
01-31-15, 08:32 PM
Who is hiding all my roses :-(? I've been making cheese for two days and may have gotten 5.

Aernak
01-31-15, 09:49 PM
Who is hiding all my roses :-(? I've been making cheese for two days and may have gotten 5.

That is terrible!! :( i have gotten 10 so far.

anythingyouwant99
01-31-15, 10:16 PM
Has anyone tested if they have better luck making different things in the dairy to see which one gives a better return on roses?

DaMomma101
02-01-15, 12:03 AM
Can someone post tomorrow on what is needed for each day. There's NO explanation as to what we are suppose to do each day? Tyvm for your help. I will check back tomorrowed once the item is unlocked.TYVM

cityfan
02-01-15, 12:15 AM
Can someone please give details on the kissing booth, how many of each type do you need to make the next one?

Fasendaminha
02-01-15, 12:30 AM
New event soon! Are you ready for it? XD

http://i61.tinypic.com/30u74hi.png

* I'm still waiting for the Cupid Corgi please TL!! :(

Day 1- Roses- I tens from Dairy
Day 2- Letters- Items from Bakery

Am looking forward to this event as it is the 1st one I am doing where I actually have a handle in what is going on on the game.
Dose anyone know where the other items are going to come from? As I am still a low level and don't have many buildings... Have my lovely balloons now ;)

Goofymomma3
02-01-15, 12:50 AM
You may think you have a handle in what's going on, but ya don't. We won't know about the items until they are unlocked and someone awesome post where it is. You will soon realize everyone's frustrations with each event. Good luck!

orleansparish
02-01-15, 01:04 AM
Am looking forward to this event as it is the 1st one I am doing where I actually have a handle in what is going on on the game.
Dose anyone know where the other items are going to come from? As I am still a low level and don't have many buildings... Have my lovely balloons now ;)

If you haven't expanded to the mine and pond, you may have to consider getting the booth, if you have the gems. Many are saying it isn't worth getting, but I think it is a huge help. Otherwise you're only reliant on the items dropping from their respective buildings and sometimes you may get more of one part, than another. With the booth you have the ability to craft however many of each part you want or need.

P.S. I'm happy I gave up my ten roses. They aren't super tiny like I expected and theyre super cute. My dang fingers Hit the button and I turned in a collection and got a really cute rose archway.

Fasendaminha
02-01-15, 01:49 AM
Hemmm I see LOOOL
Thank you will keep this in mind and just accept not knowing ;) hehehe

Fasendaminha
02-01-15, 01:53 AM
If you haven't expanded to the mine and pond, you may have to consider getting the booth, if you have the gems. Many are saying it isn't worth getting, but I think it is a huge help. Otherwise you're only reliant on the items dropping from their respective buildings and sometimes you may get more of one part, than another. With the booth you have the ability to craft however many of each part you want or need.

P.S. I'm happy I gave up my ten roses. They aren't super tiny like I expected and theyre super cute. My dang fingers Hit the button and I turned in a collection and got a really cute rose archway.

Thank you!!

Just looked at that booth... Very tempting but my farm is a little poor of gems LOOOL
Have decided not to buy any and just let the game flow without spending real money!!
Looool can I just add that it is VERY slow going here!!! :p

minidemon88
02-01-15, 02:02 AM
Alright, just updated all the information on the first post. :D I'll try to update the rest when they release it or when I'm online. =x

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 02:30 AM
Alright, just updated all the information on the first post. :D I'll try to update the rest when they release it or when I'm online. =x

Awesome job!!!
Looking forward to the list of official prizes.

ciarjen
02-01-15, 02:49 AM

There is no need to buy the mailbox or the kissing booth. Both are optional extras to get you to spend gems.

Over the next 10 days there will be 10 collectible items unlocked from doing activities on the farm. In the past this has been from the kitchen, bakery, chocolatier, chickens, sheep, pigs, mine, fishing pond etc.

We won't know what activity has the drop until it unlocks. It unlocks at the same time every day. In the UK that is at 10.30pm.

When all 10 items are unlocked you will be able to turn in collections, just like you do with butterflies and moles. Each complete collection will give you a random prize of decorations or a pet. In the past some people have been lucky and got pets easily and others have not been able to get them despite turning in many collections.

The amount of collections you can turn in is all dependent on the rarest item that you get dropping. In the past this has been from the mine, fishing pond, kitchen, chocolatier.

While the event is going on there will also be optional challenges to complete. These also offer prizes which you can see as the reward in the challenge box. To complete them you will have to give away some of your collected items. Be careful in doing this as you may give away something you need later and it will ruin your chances of completing collections. You may also give away items you need only to find that the prize you get rewarded is something you get many duplicate times when you complete your collections 10 days into the event when all the items are unlocked.

The best thing to do right now is just find out each day where the item is unlocked and try to collect it and make sure you are prepared if you need to mine or fish for items.

The event is designed so there is always a shortage of something which prevents you from completing the collections and you will see a few days before the end of the event that TL will be selling packs of the rare items for real money.

All you need to do now, 2 days into this, is collect from the dairy and the bakery to get roses and envelopes but don't give them away unless you are absolutely sure you are not going to need them. In just over 12 hours time the 3rd item will unlock and as soon as someone works out where it is dropping from they usually post on the forum and update the first page of this thread.

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 05:12 AM

I put your post on the first page so new players know what to do. You said it perfectly.

ciarjen
02-01-15, 05:21 AM
I put your post on the first page so new players know what to do. You said it perfectly.

Ok, thanks :)

yppahc
02-01-15, 05:45 AM
Only managed to get one :mad: When the items come from fishing I think we will be able to make them. I just checked and I cannot fish with it yet.

nuiathiel
02-01-15, 05:56 AM
So, I just went to my collection galery to see how many items I had and the heart collection isn't showing up! I tried reloading the game and it still isn't there. Anyone else having the same problem? :confused:

sweetdeda
02-01-15, 05:56 AM
Help! Valentine collection is completely gone from my collection gallery! Went to see how close I am to being able to turn in a collection and it's not there. All other collections are there but not the valentines. Rebooted iPad and it's still not there!

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 06:01 AM
Help! Valentine collection is completely gone from my collection gallery! Went to see how close I am to being able to turn in a collection and it's not there. All other collections are there but not the valentines. Rebooted iPad and it's still not there!

My game closed itself and my tab is now gone in the collections gallery

otgland
02-01-15, 06:02 AM

Mine is gone too!

dingaling1977
02-01-15, 06:11 AM
Glad it's not just me! Must be a glitch:(

ozigal
02-01-15, 06:13 AM
Ditto!!! My collections also disappeared..

charismabmw33
02-01-15, 06:15 AM
Ummm what happened to my valentine collection?

FriendlyNeighbours
02-01-15, 06:16 AM
Help! Mine too is gonne! And there is an other glitch that happened at the same time : the diamond I spend yesterday came back (that's a nice glitch)!

sweetdeda
02-01-15, 06:21 AM
Mine is back! Thank goodness!

ciarjen
02-01-15, 06:36 AM
Only managed to get one :mad: When the items come from fishing I think we will be able to make them. I just checked and I cannot fish with it yet.

Just a guess here, it could either be a bait which a more chance to get the item to drop or the only bait that will get the item to drop. In that case it would mean that we couldn't use existing stocks of bait and makes the whole event harder.

We'll have to wait to see but going by how they made the Christmas event practically impossible for most players, I would not be surprised if they do the same for this event.

wendy2859
02-01-15, 06:38 AM
Hi all, another quest and more stress when this game should be fun. Have been playing for over a year so have done quite a few of these and do look forward to them. There are a few things I have learnt. The booths are worth buying so you can at least Finnish the collections. I have bourght at the start but with about 5 days to go the reduce by 50% so may be worth waiting. Even if you buy booth there is no guarantee you will get an animal, my stoage is full of balloons and lanterns and paths.Usually the first two or three items are plentiful but this time after playing two days have a grand total of 7roses and no envelopes.As others have said some of the items are not available to everyone .if you don't have the mine or fishing you can't finish a collection without the booth. Hope this has been of some help

leysanne
02-01-15, 07:19 AM
started off well yesterday with the roses ... but have been baking bread for 5 hours now & have not got 1 envelope yet �� how is everyone else finding the drop rate for this item? ��

dingaling1977
02-01-15, 07:50 AM
started off well yesterday with the roses ... but have been baking bread for 5 hours now & have not got 1 envelope yet �� how is everyone else finding the drop rate for this item? ��

I'm not getting any drops now my collection has disappeared! Do you still have your collection?

leysanne
02-01-15, 08:01 AM
I'm not getting any drops now my collection has disappeared! Do you still have your collection?

yes the collection is there in the gallery. it did disappear for a while but it's back now 😀 still no envelope dropping tho

Sanibelsue
02-01-15, 08:25 AM
I have had better luck with the envelop than the rose. I only have 1 rose after at least 10 dairy orders. I am not going to get frustrated & no sense buying the booth if the drop rate is going to be this slow for me just for the roses.

ciarjen
02-01-15, 08:27 AM

I've got 5 in about 35 collections.

I don't think you need to be concerned at this point. The items which will be a problem with low drop rates are long craft/collection times and the pond/mining.

k6tchr
02-01-15, 08:35 AM
Thank you!!

Just looked at that booth... Very tempting but my farm is a little poor of gems LOOOL
Have decided not to buy any and just let the game flow without spending real money!!
Looool can I just add that it is VERY slow going here!!! :p

I have never bought gems or used any real money in this game, the first couple of months were a little boring for me because I couldn't do the events at that time...but now 364 days later I am at level 60, 285 gems, and 863k. It can be done. I sell crops bundled in 5 to get easy cash and end trains partly loaded to at least get the 2 gems.

bao2bao
02-01-15, 08:44 AM
How long does it take to craft each item using the booth?

queentina3
02-01-15, 08:48 AM
I figured I'll wait until the last few days and then consider getting the mailbox to use up a few letters I get and see if I can finish at least one collection. I'm also holding off on giving the Roses and Cheese for the first quest as it doesn't need to be done right now. When there is a few days left I'll do it if I have an abundance of Roses and not much of the other drop items just to get the balloons. I have no intention of spending that amount of Gems on the Kissing Booth so any leftover Roses will go to the first quest and any leftover letters I'll use for a 5 gem mailbox (a few times if I only have one or two items left to complete a collection.)

LuvsHorror
02-01-15, 09:06 AM
3 balloons and a lantern. I think I'm done with this event. All this time and money for boring stuff. 😞

sweetdeda
02-01-15, 09:27 AM
How long does it take to craft each item using the booth?

The letter, first item that can be crafted takes 20 mins. The necklace last item, takes 3 hrs.

Aernak
02-01-15, 09:56 AM

I have gotten 14 roses (gave 10 of them to Morgan for my balloons) and 4 envelopes (gave one to the mailbox and i gt a valentines gift bag in return). All from cheese and bread.

http://i61.tinypic.com/23wunwj.jpg

oxRoseHavenxo
02-01-15, 10:45 AM
When you tap the pond it creates a heart-shaped ripple effect.

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 10:54 AM

That is awesome!!

cityfan
02-01-15, 11:10 AM
The letter, first item that can be crafted takes 20 mins. The necklace last item, takes 3 hrs.

How many of each present does it take to craft the next one?

sweetdeda
02-01-15, 11:13 AM
How many of each present does it take to craft the next one?

You just need one of the previous item, so 1 rose will make one letter.

sweetdeda
02-01-15, 11:14 AM

Lucky you! Love the pond!

littlebomber2
02-01-15, 11:25 AM
I am already finding this event very frustrating. I have been crafting bread all day and not one single envelope ������

judafarm
02-01-15, 11:40 AM
What a very stupid STUPID event this is...
I spend hours of time for collect items for this valantine event.
In 2 days I collect 11 roses.. 10 for the goal and now just 1 for the collection..
And after hoyrs playing today I got 2 letters...:(:(:(:(:(. and how stupid, I did use one of this letter for the mailbox :(

THIS GAME IS NOT NICE TO PLAY...

Think about it to delete farm story2...

Playing a game must be for fun... Not to make someone so stressed after hours of playing :((

kima65
02-01-15, 11:46 AM
Try collecting them when their all done instead if one at a time, let them all cook then collect

kima65
02-01-15, 11:58 AM
I am already finding this event very frustrating. I have been crafting bread all day and not one single envelope ������

Try collecting them when their all done

littlebomber2
02-01-15, 12:07 PM
I am waiting for all 7 to finish, but still nothing. Think I may give this event a miss as far too frustrating. A game should be enjoyable and achievable which this event isn't. It is all geared up to make you buy gems which I refuse to do. Sort out the blue screen I keep getting when visiting neighbours, then maybe?

ciarjen
02-01-15, 12:44 PM
Try collecting them when their all done instead if one at a time, let them all cook then collect

It makes no difference how you collect them. TL have not programmed any special tricks of play into this. The drop rate is just random and low.

Floris1234567890
02-01-15, 12:45 PM
Answers to some of your question.

I hope i helping people to some of the questions.

Goodluck.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78012-Valentine-Unlocking-items-and-info-about-valentine-items

Floris1234567890
02-01-15, 01:27 PM
For more questions just ask or reply on the link and ill try or the developers to help you out.

puzZelda
02-01-15, 01:28 PM
I started playing during last year's Valentine's event and miss the pink decor. The train station in particular!

Why does everyone get so frustrated by these events? Personally, I like the random drop better than the marathon community collect. At least there's a chance I'll get an animal without being up every 4 hours!

Loving the idea of a holiday bait- nothing is more frustrating than being fish and only getting event items from the pond (Halloween event.)

Good luck y'all and remember to have fun! ☺

Mitzi111
02-01-15, 01:30 PM
what do you do with the bread? and especially what do you do with the cheese after you make it??? My barn can't store 65 more things

Floris1234567890
02-01-15, 01:31 PM
Make room by selling other items :D

Goodluck.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78012-Valentine-Unlocking-items-and-info-about-valentine-items

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 01:41 PM
what do you do with the bread? and especially what do you do with the cheese after you make it??? My barn can't store 65 more things

I sell the items in my store at a reduced rate. If they don't sell I discard them.

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 01:46 PM
Please do not be discouraged because there is sixteen days left in this event.
Yes the drop rate is low but look at the big picture if you are able to collect twenty of every event item that means you get to turn in twenty free collections for twenty free decorations for your farm.

If you are super lucky you might get the cat or dog if not you will have some free decorations that cost you nothing.
All you are doing to get these event items are normal activities around the farm! Like making cheese or bread.

Good Luck to Everyone participating and there is a lot of days left in this event!

Mitzi111
02-01-15, 01:48 PM
I FOUND IT! I see that I can give the cheese immediately after it is made! whew!

Mitzi111
02-01-15, 01:49 PM
THX ! I will just sell the bread. I did find where I give the cheese to Morgan as it is made.

Gabi2111
02-01-15, 03:22 PM
What a very stupid STUPID event this is...
I spend hours of time for collect items for this valantine event.
In 2 days I collect 11 roses.. 10 for the goal and now just 1 for the collection..
And after hoyrs playing today I got 2 letters...:(:(:(:(:(. and how stupid, I did use one of this letter for the mailbox :(

THIS GAME IS NOT NICE TO PLAY...

Think about it to delete farm story2...

Playing a game must be for fun... Not to make someone so stressed after hours of playing :((

I would never play a game I don't enjoy. Ever. Period

That being said....I don't understand what are you stressing about.
If you bought the booth, you can make the items you need.
If you didn't buy it, then you cannot turn in a collection until the last item is released, which is more then a week away. Who knows how much items you will have by then. Who knows what happens until then. In any case, in my humble opinion, THEN it's time to stress - if needed that is :)

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 03:34 PM
Morgan wants 120 loaves of bread plus 40 of the dark chocolate bars if you are doing the goals here is the next one

enaid03
02-01-15, 03:35 PM
Day 3 chocolate maker

babs3449
02-01-15, 03:41 PM
If you continue scrolling, Morgan also wants 40 dark chocolates. At least that is something to do with them,lol.

Piper wants 1 love letter and 1 heart for a reward of 160 coins and a few XP

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 03:48 PM
If you continue scrolling, Morgan also wants 40 dark chocolates. At least that is something to do with them,lol.

Piper wants 1 love letter and 1 heart for a reward of 160 coins and a few XP

Whoa I missed that thank you

kruimeltje1979
02-01-15, 04:16 PM
Just found the 3rd item

Day 1 (Roses): Craft items from the Dairy.
Day 2 (Envelope): Craft items from the Bakery.
Day 3: (Heart Box): Craft items from the Chocolatier
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:
Day 9:
Day 10:

Gabi2111
02-01-15, 04:24 PM
Morgan wants 120 loaves of bread plus 40 of the dark chocolate bars if you are doing the goals here is the next one

At least that answers the question what all to do with the bread .... LOL

FarmGirlNik
02-01-15, 04:31 PM
I wish I would have kept all of that bread I made in the last 24hrs :(

Aernak
02-01-15, 04:37 PM
I wish I would have kept all of that bread I made in the last 24hrs :(

Ikr!? I have sold all of mine too UGH!

tegaan3
02-01-15, 05:24 PM
What is the prize for the new goals? I haven't given the 10 roses to move on, not sure if it is worth it or not.

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 05:44 PM
What is the prize for the new goals? I haven't given the 10 roses to move on, not sure if it is worth it or not.

Two gift boxes

sweetdeda
02-01-15, 05:59 PM
My first collection prize, boxes same as the challenge for Morgan. ��

LadyFencer
02-01-15, 06:10 PM
Sixty-five cheese over the weekend was bad enough, but 120 loaves of bread? Seriously? Looks like I'll be keeping my plans after the Christmas round to not play the special events any more. I appreciate the work and creativity that goes in to the event--and yes, that yorkie is adorable--but I just don't have the time to play the game to reach the goals nor the money to skip parts. Thank you for those who are keeping us abreast of what's needed.

judyandthecat
02-01-15, 06:18 PM
Sixty-five cheese over the weekend was bad enough, but 120 loaves of bread? Seriously? Looks like I'll be keeping my plans after the Christmas round to not play the special events any more. I appreciate the work and creativity that goes in to the event--and yes, that yorkie is adorable--but I just don't have the time to play the game to reach the goals nor the money to skip parts. Thank you for those who are keeping us abreast of what's needed.

Forty bars of chocolate too if you scroll down...I missed it too

ErnieKatz
02-01-15, 07:15 PM
You know I just don't bother with that. I'm concentrating and working for the "good" prizes that come from the collections.
I just work the kissing booth all the time, see what I have to make to get all the items in the collection. I just turned in my first completed collection, and my prize was the big plushy Teddy Bear.

I DO keep making cheese endlessly along with bread, and now chocolates. So that add to the collection, with me making less of it. It sure as heck is NOT in any way making me crazy. I'm having fun!!!! YOU ALL SHOULD TOO!!!!!❤️💓❤️💓❤️💓

LadyFencer
02-01-15, 07:20 PM
I did have fun with the events until I worked my ticket booth with the carnival, turned in many collections and got multiples of the same small prizes and then worked hard on the Christmas event, spent many gems, and STILL couldn't finish the tree and get the reindeer. I fully understand how the system works, and so it's not making me crazy.

saphir0606
02-01-15, 07:59 PM
Im having a really hard time, I keep playing and nothing. Not a single valentine item, zero, zilch. Anyone else having this problem?

ErnieKatz
02-01-15, 08:36 PM
Here is my Teddy Bear18020

Aernak
02-01-15, 09:19 PM
Im getting worried about this event. I am still without a juicer, jeweler, and pizza oven and i do not have a kissing booth. Im worried the later collection items will be impossible for me to get. I am trying to save my money so i can buy the crafting buildings i am missing but I will have to save for days and wait for build one and stuff. Ugh!

It was probably dumb of me to go broke and buy the corgi ive been saving for for 6 days but i wanted him so badly and im really glad to have him! But it took me 6 days to save that $60k and now i have to save again for my missing buildings.

I think the last item (necklace?) will be from the jeweler. Anyone else have any speculations which buildings will be used next in the days to come?

richplaceboutique
02-01-15, 10:40 PM
I think I've figured out how to improve drop rate! But I'm not sure, so test at your own risk :p
Complete Morgan's quests! I have not spent a single gem, but I have 40 roses and the ones I turned in already! Finished the 65 cheeses too.
Anyway, I came here and saw that there were complaints about the drop rate, and also advice to not complete the quests and just save everything, so I did. I ended up with 3 envelopes and 2 chocolate boxes. So, I decided screws it, I'll just try it, so I turned in all of them. And after that, I got one almost every time! But that was later so Im only almost done with the quest (but I still need a ton more chocolate and bread!!).
So anyway, if you're desperate, try that! :)

Floris1234567890
02-01-15, 10:56 PM
maybe other info you will find here, maybe this helps:

ErnieKatz
02-01-15, 11:14 PM
I think I've figured out how to improve drop rate! But I'm not sure, so test at your own risk :p
Complete Morgan's quests! I have not spent a single gem, but I have 40 roses and the ones I turned in already! Finished the 65 cheeses too.
Anyway, I came here and saw that there were complaints about the drop rate, and also advice to not complete the quests and just save everything, so I did. I ended up with 3 envelopes and 2 chocolate boxes. So, I decided screws it, I'll just try it, so I turned in all of them. And after that, I got one almost every time! But that was later so Im only almost done with the quest (but I still need a ton more chocolate and bread!!).

I'm sorry, but I so don't understand what you're saying. Could you please simplify what you're saying???

Gabi2111
02-01-15, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I so don't understand what you're saying. Could you please simplify what you're saying???

She said that she thinks the drop rate increased soon as she started the quest. Might be true or a case of being lucky :)

I simply like the screw it part. Although I have the booth, I'm gonna do the same and just follow the quests.

Gabi2111
02-01-15, 11:52 PM
Here is my Teddy Bear18020

SOOOO cute. Congrats

I got a picnic thingo. I think it's called valentines picnic

ciarjen
02-02-15, 01:56 AM

The drop rate is set by TL and is not something that the players have control over or can improve.

ciarjen
02-02-15, 02:03 AM
Im getting worried about this event. I am still without a juicer, jeweler, and pizza oven and i do not have a kissing booth. Im worried the later collection items will be impossible for me to get. I am trying to save my money so i can buy the crafting buildings i am missing but I will have to save for days and wait for build one and stuff. Ugh!

It was probably dumb of me to go broke and buy the corgi ive been saving for for 6 days but i wanted him so badly and im really glad to have him! But it took me 6 days to save that $60k and now i have to save again for my missing buildings.

I think the last item (necklace?) will be from the jeweler. Anyone else have any speculations which buildings will be used next in the days to come?

The event is for level 17 players so buildings needed will be the ones they would be expected to have. It is highly unlikely that the jeweler, juicer or pizza oven would be needed.

Usually some of the animals will drop items. This should not be a problem with chickens, cows and pigs because of the short collection time but if it is the sheep that drop items then you can only collect from them every 6 hours, so ideally you would be better off with 12 sheep.

The difficult items to get will be ones with long collection times or longer craft times, like the chocolate. i think in the past we had either lemon or orange trees which dropped items and with a low drop rate, long collection times can be a problem.

You will need the mine and the fishing pond though and in past events these have been used to get the last two items.

Annica5
02-02-15, 02:14 AM
Personally I think the pets are the nicest part of the game and what most players hope for in the events - that yorkie is sooo cute! So don't feel bad about buying the corgi, he will drop gems and hammers and paints now and then to pay you back!

Aernak
02-02-15, 04:42 AM
The event is for level 17 players so buildings needed will be the ones they would be expected to have. It is highly unlikely that the jeweler, juicer or pizza oven would be needed.

Usually some of the animals will drop items. This should not be a problem with chickens, cows and pigs because of the short collection time but if it is the sheep that drop items then you can only collect from them every 6 hours, so ideally you would be better off with 12 sheep.

The difficult items to get will be ones with long collection times or longer craft times, like the chocolate. i think in the past we had either lemon or orange trees which dropped items and with a low drop rate, long collection times can be a problem.

You will need the mine and the fishing pond though and in past events these have been used to get the last two items.

Thank you so much for the assurance!! I do have the mine and pond. I have orange trees but no lemon yet. I have 4 sheep. You made me feel a lot better! I hope that what I have will be sufficient! :)

Aernak
02-02-15, 04:44 AM
The drop rate is set by TL and is not something that the players have control over or can improve.

Yes but TL could program it to change for different circumstances. Maybe the quests do trigger a better drop rate. Its not much different than my daughter getting expansion maps every single day at level 12 whereas I get next-to-none at level 24.

orleansparish
02-02-15, 05:29 AM

These new goals aren't worth doing. Yes we may have that many chocolate and bread to give...well I won't...but no way do they deserve the other pieces. They're super rare right now. So save your stuff for turning in the collections. I'm sure we will win these things easily already.

reewinder
02-02-15, 06:35 AM
I've made close to 30 chocolates in the chocolatier and haven't gotten a single box of chocolates for the collection. And no I didn't give any for the quest. This is the first event I've seen where the drop rate is just horrible. All day crafting without any 3rd day collection items is BS.

yppahc
02-02-15, 06:37 AM
Yes but TL could program it to change for different circumstances. Maybe the quests do trigger a better drop rate. Its not much different than my daughter getting expansion maps every single day at level 12 whereas I get next-to-none at level 24.

I was going to say the same thing! I do not believe that the odds on drops etc are the same for everybody. Maybe I am being overly suspicious but there does seem to have been disparity between players in past events.

I gave the roses in but am not doing anymore as I cannot be bothered to make/buy that many loaves of bread.

oxRoseHavenxo
02-02-15, 06:44 AM
I am going to be saving up for the goal (but not turning them in to piper) until I know for sure the collections being turned in results in a Yorkie or an angel cat. What if the only way those are won are through completing the goals? Just something to keep in mind. TL changes things up here and there so I am playing it safe. If someone gets a Yorkie or cat please report it here to ease my mind! :)

Aernak
02-02-15, 06:57 AM
I still dont feel like the drop rates are that terrible... Unless its better for me cuz im only lev 24?? But i have already gotten 11 envelopes and we still have 15 days left. Only need 10 more envelopes for morgan's quest (i have one to the mailbox for that quest) - seems very doable to get 10 more plus extras for collections.

As for the chocolate heart boxes... well I have only gotten 1 of those. But I am staying positive! I am going to give it to Morgan and see if my odds improve...

Floris1234567890
02-02-15, 07:09 AM
All goals are easy to get from buying or crafting only however the problem is if your lvl 17 you don't have the higher items yet so someday it stops for you because you cant complete the orders anymore because they ask higher level requirements.

example:

The pizza oven.
The jewelery.
Some fields like the bee, and train station asking lvl higher level requirements to and this is the bug for the lower level players.

How they want to resolve this well they can't.

Get more levels as fast as possible

enaid03
02-02-15, 07:59 AM

This is the part I'm still trying to figure out. Past events all had 12 components, with 11 and 12 being from pond/mine. The difference this time is that this one is only ten, and unlike the previous events, when you click on the items in the collection gallery, all of them say "Collect from activities on the farm".

So my current thinking is either they heard us on the mine/pond from other events and removed the mine/pond. Or they will be sneaking it under "activities on the farm".

Floris1234567890
02-02-15, 08:18 AM
"activities on the farm" is a big therm for TeamLava :rolleyes: that can be anything and can be placed on anything :D we just have to wait.

I found out that TeamLava is good in being chaotic and not very good in giving the needed information about the event ;) but how cares :cool:

ciarjen
02-02-15, 09:45 AM
I was going to say the same thing! I do not believe that the odds on drops etc are the same for everybody. Maybe I am being overly suspicious but there does seem to have been disparity between players in past events.

I gave the roses in but am not doing anymore as I cannot be bothered to make/buy that many loaves of bread.

There is disparity between players in all TL games which is particularly evident in games like DS and FFS which have tournaments. My guess it is their form of market research in that they test groups of accounts to see how far they can push players into paying for gems/gold.

ciarjen
02-02-15, 09:48 AM
This is the part I'm still trying to figure out. Past events all had 12 components, with 11 and 12 being from pond/mine. The difference this time is that this one is only ten, and unlike the previous events, when you click on the items in the collection gallery, all of them say "Collect from activities on the farm".

So my current thinking is either they heard us on the mine/pond from other events and removed the mine/pond. Or they will be sneaking it under "activities on the farm".

I've got 12 items showing in my collection.

We've already had reports from people who have bought a new Valentine fish bait from Stormie so that makes me think that the fish pond will be involved.

FriendlyNeighbours
02-02-15, 10:23 AM
Yah, I bought a valentine fishing bait but can't use it!!!!

CuteTali
02-02-15, 10:35 AM
Yah, I bought a valentine fishing bait but can't use it!!!!

Same here, also can't craft more in the bait shop, it's not showing up as an available item to craft.

queentina3
02-02-15, 10:38 AM
Same here, also can't craft more in the bait shop, it's not showing up as an available item to craft.

That actually doesn't surprise me as most likely it won't be available to craft until the day it opens for everyone. Stormie hasn't had any of the valentine bait in its shop for me to purchase so it looks like it has only been opened for certain players right now.

millcreekmom
02-02-15, 12:24 PM
I completed my first collection and got a little white cat! Now I can relax - it was crazy getting the prizes in the kissing booth and making sure to keep one of each item available in the collection.

I play as Cows R Us and am on level 38 right now.

A2TUDE
02-02-15, 12:43 PM
Turn in my 2nd lot and got a cat yipppeeee

CuteTali
02-02-15, 12:47 PM
So I tried the little mailbox, which looks cute by itself. When I finally got an envelope, I "mailed" it in and waited an hour. An hour passes and I get all excited thinking what gift I was gonna get from sending in a letter. Not only did I not get any actual gift, but the mailbox itself vanished!! The so called "gift" was not an item that can be used as decor at all, it's just another piece of the vday collection. You can't get anything from it unless you get 8 different of those items. Such a waste.

Then I thought I'll complete a collection with gems to see what I can get from it. While I did get a cute little heart shaped gift stack, it is sooo tiny, I can barely even see it. I thought this was going to be 2x2, but it's just a very tiny 1x1 item. I've also tried cooking and crafting all day and those collectibles don't drop by themselves very easily, they seem to be very very rare. Out of about 50 pieces of cheese I crafted over 2 days, I only got 2 things of roses. They should drop an item for every item I craft, not only once a day.

All in all, this whole entire event is a big huge flop! Just a waste of a lot of time and money. Bummer, I was looking forward to vday items all year, it's such a disappointment the way this game works, the mechanics of it make no sense to me. I think it's getting deleted soon as vday items/events are over.

I really wanted to get all the items you see in the collection pictures, those are sooo cute, but you can't buy/earn any of them, they're just tickets, not decor items unfortunatelly. Such a waste of all these beautiful items for nothing if they can't be used as decor.