PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Story 27th January 2015

Natasha_07
01-27-15, 05:40 PM
It's on the blog.

@KOOKY
Please correct the date to 28th, thanks!

filochick1982
01-27-15, 05:41 PM
It's on the blog.

You beat me to it!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7327/16382770551_613eea9a07_b.jpg

filochick1982
01-27-15, 05:42 PM
I really like everything I see in the teaser pic! But I literally have no room for this :( seriously when will they increase the number of expansions?

Natasha_07
01-27-15, 05:42 PM
Hahaha neighbor, I'm always stalking the blog around this hour!

filochick1982
01-27-15, 05:43 PM
I really love the fact they are now making doors to match the decor.

Natasha_07
01-27-15, 05:43 PM
I really like the ice barrista.

filochick1982
01-27-15, 05:45 PM
I really like the ice barrista.

That barista display has my name on it ;)

StevenKevin
01-27-15, 05:50 PM
Ive had my fill with ice and snow its cold enough IRL!!!!! If i see one more single snowflake next week i swear i scream!!! This update makes me more frozen than i already am

jandtandn
01-27-15, 05:55 PM
This looks like it will go well with last week's box. I haven't opened that, but it would tie in very nicely. I'm definitely getting that ice barista!

sbratprincess
01-27-15, 06:07 PM
I like the update alot!! I'll be all set for next winter now :)

AuntyRose32
01-27-15, 06:09 PM
I love the walls, windows and door. Love that we are getting new doors to match decor more often now. Like the Ice Barista, I'm still okay with getting winter updates, I love winter time.

LalaSmooth
01-27-15, 06:11 PM
I really like the ice barrista. me too but it would be for gems though

bubaxx
01-27-15, 06:13 PM
I hope that ice barista is for coins!!!

ElaineCarrel
01-27-15, 06:17 PM
I wonder if we've got any new recipes w this update?

PepperWoo
01-27-15, 06:25 PM
That burrista is rocking a nice stache! Love it!

irlanda_c
01-27-15, 06:29 PM
loved the barista, but I really wanted a vday update!

filochick1982
01-27-15, 06:35 PM
loved the barista, but I really wanted a vday update!

We will get goals for the V day update.

LavaRain8
01-27-15, 06:42 PM
Now this is a winter update that I like! I loved RS's goal theme and the previous Xmas one. I've kind of been disappointed by BS's last goal items and the Santa's Shop theme, so I didn't really buy much/anything from either. Now I finally have something I would like to incorporate in my winter theme. Finally a better winter tile to use over that Snowy Tile! ...but hopefully this will be for coins too though. :D

I like pretty much everything in this update, honestly. However, the red on the door/windows throws me off a bit. It still works in a way, but just sticks out SO much since nothing else has red like that in it. I guess it could have just had the off-white/yellow-ish color that the chairs have? Not sure, just very....noticeable, is all. :/

orleansparish
01-27-15, 07:04 PM
I have 44 gems. I totally would get the burista if within my price range. And ill happily use it for when I do a winter theme again. Its very cute. And i could use some more tables and chairs for later. I wish we could get more doors in fashion story, like they are doing on here and RS.

mytsa
01-27-15, 07:11 PM
We will get goals for the V day update.

I don't think so....
Feb goal will come on 11 Feb, guess nobody could get the goal prize to decorate for Vday,
I'd rather prefer to have Vday decor in the next 2 updates.

filochick1982
01-27-15, 07:26 PM
I don't think so....
Feb goal will come on 11 Feb, guess nobody could get the goal prize to decorate for Vday,

Going by the last couple of years, we got Valentine's goals for the V day update plus a Valentine's box. Don't remember there being a regular V day update but I'm happy to be corrected as my memory is shocking. Last year we had French-themed patisserie goal and the final prize was an ugly Eiffel Tower picnic display. We also had an ugly V day box that players mocked because most of the stuff was rubbish. I opened it once and was glad to get one of the few nice items in it (Rose cupcakes).

irlanda_c
01-27-15, 07:48 PM
I don't think so....

Thats what I was thinking!

mytsa
01-27-15, 08:14 PM
Going by the last couple of years, we got Valentine's goals for the V day update plus a Valentine's box. Don't remember there being a regular V day update but I'm happy to be corrected as my memory is shocking. Last year we had French-themed patisserie goal and the final prize was an ugly Eiffel Tower picnic display. We also had an ugly V day box that players mocked because most of the stuff was rubbish. I opened it once and was glad to get one of the few nice items in it (Rose cupcakes).

Yes, we did have goals in 2013 and 2014,
the prize for 2013 is the "Cupid Corner Booth", I love it, but I don't remember did they come in Jan or Feb,
however, if there's a goal this year, it must be on 11 Feb, I think it's a bit late.

rocketsmama
01-27-15, 08:29 PM
It's cute. I'm kinda getting sick of all the "blue" but it's still nice. Love the Burrista:p

rene2222
01-27-15, 08:38 PM
oh this is so icey, really like them.

pieandcream
01-27-15, 09:03 PM
I have 44 gems. I totally would get the burista if within my price range. And ill happily use it for when I do a winter theme again. Its very cute. And i could use some more tables and chairs for later. I wish we could get more doors in fashion story, like they are doing on here and RS.

dammit....say within 22gems :P

Natasha_07
01-27-15, 09:05 PM

NO! Forget gems, say coins... :)

AnnasCoffee
01-27-15, 09:34 PM
The 'burrista' is kinda okay... I guess, it's not great. The rest of the update is just junk.

luincristiel
01-27-15, 10:06 PM
I don't think so....

I agree - I want a Vday goal but seriously, who can finish a goal in 3 days (unless you spend tons of gems)?
I'm guessing TL will give us another box...

alexnfriends
01-27-15, 10:57 PM
Beautiful... was expecting some Valentine's items though... Maybe the Red Windows and door!

orleansparish
01-27-15, 11:04 PM

Hahahaha! Ok, 22 gems so I can get two. Thats kinda what I meant and works more for me.

PepperWoo
01-27-15, 11:43 PM
I agree - I want a Vday goal but seriously, who can finish a goal in 3 days (unless you spend tons of gems)?
I'm guessing TL will give us another box...

I was able to finish a goal once within 3 days, although I can't remember which but it probably had a low serving requirement for the second oven so I was able to finish earlier, but I've never used gems while doing goals. Can't say the same thing about spending coins though, but it is possible. Goals are due on the 11th because RS' is probably next week so I'm guessing the box will come the week after the 11th.

jennrocks1087
01-28-15, 12:43 AM
I am in love with the ice barista!

twospoons
01-28-15, 01:32 AM
I can't believe it took me reading until the 3rd page of posts to get the 'burrista' thing. Anyway, there's some good stuff, but I think I'm done with winter decor (once I finally finish the goals). I'm switching to something seasonless.

minidemon88
01-28-15, 04:09 AM
Not so into this updates. Though I do like the burrista and the floor tile. Hope the floor tile will be for coins. *fingers crossed*

bdocc
01-28-15, 06:31 AM
Love the update! Especially that ice barista but please TL can these items be for coins? I've already spent so many gems on the Christmas Sale...

sls0991
01-28-15, 10:12 AM
Hey TL, are you going crazy with the winter updates because you're just generally cold hearted? Lol, I kid. But seriously, I hope there are an abundance of spring, summer and fall updates this year, otherwise I might just stop playing. Stop playing favoritism with the seasons TL. Winter is lame.

Natasha_07
01-28-15, 11:44 AM
I guess I'll get updates at 2pm instead of 1pm, as I've been getting them close to 2pm last few times.

AngelaM_93
01-28-15, 12:07 PM
We have a "Valentine" sale too. Keep it up TL! I'm loving these sales. :D

ilaria2464
01-28-15, 12:07 PM
Ahhhh got the update! They added a bunch of valentines themed things that have a 19 day timer. THEY BROUGHT BACK THE TRUFFLE MAKER!!!!!!!! And the fruit and chocolate dip! I LOVE YOU TEAM LAVA. As far as winter the burrista counter is 38 gems, not too bad and I'm pretty sure the ice sculpture is coins.

Natasha_07
01-28-15, 12:11 PM
OMG!!! Swan fountain and lovely cake and the garland !!!

I'm loving these DAYS sales that TL has offered. :o

Natasha_07
01-28-15, 12:12 PM
I know 'some people' who are going to go crazy with the fancy hearts wallpaper !

Natasha_07
01-28-15, 12:14 PM
BTW they're 3 valentine's boxes on sale !

rosewaterlily
01-28-15, 12:17 PM
I know 'some people' who are going to go crazy with the fancy hearts wallpaper !

OMG, the fancy hearts wallpaper! I've wanted that forever! Never had a chance to get it since it was before I started playing.

The new snow tile is really lovely too, only 6000 coins and a great design. I was never really keen on the other snow tiles so excited to have this one.

Wow the swan fountain for 560,000 coins, fascinating.

Lots of cute old Valentine's stuff, too bad they didn't bring back the much requested rose columns though.

royalmissk
01-28-15, 12:22 PM
OMG OMG The fruit chocolate dip and truffle machines!!!!!!!! I missed their sale from before (and the time before that when I quit for a while) and I'm sooooo stoked they brought it back!!!! It's "only basic part gifts accepting" time! ;)

PepperWoo
01-28-15, 12:29 PM
So many Valentine's stuff for sale and those making a comeback that I've missed! Yayyy thanks a lot TL!

sls0991
01-28-15, 12:31 PM
I'm glad TL included some valentine stuff. I only have 2.5 mil coins and the new snowy floor alone will wipe me out. I really need to get some coins, lol. When I had 10 mil it was no problem until I had to buy stuff in excess so I wouldn't have to worry about when they remove the stuff and wish I had bought more. Grrrr, there is always some type of challenge in this game whether it's too few gems or too few coins.

Oh and I grabbed 6 of the new frost tables, they're top notch and at 2 gems each it wasn't even a question, lol.

pieandcream
01-28-15, 12:45 PM
NO! Forget gems, say coins... :)

YES!!!!! that ^^

PepperWoo
01-28-15, 12:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pHVkibO.jpg

MsBrookeNicole
01-28-15, 12:51 PM
Ugh. Love the Valentine's things so very much!

I was going to try to restrain myself and wait until February 1st to decorate for Valentine's, but my resolve is wavering.

The ice stuff is cute, but I live in the desert so it's weird to me lol. I did buy the Ice Sculpture and will probably buy the burr-ista when I accumulate enough gems. None of the gem items are worth spending actual money on to me.

xxxe
01-28-15, 12:55 PM
I just spent over 2 million on Valnetines decor! That Swan pond? So beautiful! I bought at least two of everything that was for coins. I will decide what gem items I want once I redecorate for Valentine's Day. At this rate I will never have enough for my next expansion lol. I was doing so good saving too!

NoWayCupcake
01-28-15, 01:05 PM
I agree that the new decorative doors and windows are awesome! I really like having more options that way. Too in love with my valentines decor to go back to icey blues now!

PepperWoo
01-28-15, 01:25 PM
With the big Valentine's sale going on, the stached burrista will have to wait. xD Maybe until next winter lol I hope they don't retire it too fast!

aiyoosha
01-28-15, 01:28 PM

thats me! i already bought it all haha i love this and also they gave us the heart balloons i been dying for those since i started this game!

woooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooo thank you team lava i love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

cali_girl_sd4
01-28-15, 01:43 PM
With the big Valentine's sale going on, the stached burrista must have to wait. xD Maybe until next winter lol I hope they don't retire it too fast!

I wasn't playing when the truffle maker was introduced. So I bought one! I always wanted the Valentine Shelf.....I'm debating if I should go ahead and get it. I also hope the winter burrista stays until next winter too!

cali_girl_sd4
01-28-15, 01:45 PM
I just spent over 2 million on Valnetines decor! That Swan pond? So beautiful! I bought at least two of everything that was for coins. I will decide what gem items I want once I redecorate for Valentine's Day. At this rate I will never have enough for my next expansion lol. I was doing so good saving too!

I'm trying to save for my next expansion too! It's so hard when we are tempted by the Valentines decor! Ah what is a Baker to do... smh....lol

Natasha_07
01-28-15, 01:48 PM
I wasn't playing when the truffle maker was introduced. So I bought one! I always wanted the Valentine Shelf.....I'm debating if I should go ahead and get it. I also hope the winter burrista stays until next winter too!

I think the ice barista could be around at least until march, also the valentine's shelf is discounted. I say go for it, in case it retires for good so no regrets. I already have 1 from long ago, if I have enough gems leftover in next 2 weeks I might buy another. :p

filochick1982
01-28-15, 01:57 PM
Well this is fantastic!!!!! I was already thinking about decorating for Valentines and with old boxes available and older stuff on the general market to buy, I'm gonna go NUTS people! Valentine's day happens to be wedding anniversary so it's an extra special occasion for me and my husband.

rosewaterlily
01-28-15, 03:37 PM
I got the swan fountain, lovely cake, heart balloons, two jars of hearts, a whole room worth of fancy heart wallpaper, a section of powdered snow tile, two frost tables and two frost chairs. Still eyeing the burrista and thinking about it and the other ice items, but I've blown through 1.2 million coins and 30 gems as it is already. My bakery is looking a little disjointed between all the ice blue and the pink, plus my brown coffee/baking section, but oh well.

Thanks TL for the great update!

orleansparish
01-28-15, 03:57 PM
Yay! I never thought I'd ever get to see the heart balloons again. Id just started playing in February three years ago and had a couple of them but sold them along the way when I needed coins. Nowhere to fit but I'm still getting a ton of them. Also the candy jars! I had two of them because that's all I could afford back then. I have them out now and will be getting tons more. I feel all nostalgic and stuff. Sniff...sniff..

I see three boxes but have no idea what's what. So I opened two and got a wall sconce and a fireplace. Because what else will there be other than fireplaces! It's cute so won't complain. As a matter of fact it was a wall candle holder. In black.

Now I need to search here or on Google to find out which boxes to avoid and which to try again to avoid the one from last year. So confusing. I was hoping we could get the love muffins unlocked but I guess that's asking too much....

Or the truffle chairs. I mean really, can the bots sit on the chairs to match the food?! Love the update.

filochick1982
01-28-15, 04:00 PM
Have a look at the Valentine Super Sale thread. I bought from the boxes and posted what I got.

Yay! I never thought I'd ever get to see the heart balloons again. Id just started playing in February three years ago and had a couple of them but sold them along the way when I needed coins. Nowhere to fit but I'm still getting a ton of them. Also the candy jars! I had two of them because that's all I could afford back then. I have them out now and will be getting tons more. I feel all nostalgic and stuff. Sniff...sniff..

I see three boxes but have no idea what's what. So I opened two and got a wall sconce and a fireplace. Because what else will there be other than fireplaces! It's cute so won't complain. As a matter of fact it was a wall candle holder. In black.

Now I need to search here or on Google to find out which boxes to avoid and which to try again to avoid the one from last year. So confusing. I was hoping we could get the love muffins unlocked but I guess that's asking too much....

Or the truffle chairs. I mean really, can the bots sit on the chairs to match the food?! Love the update.

filochick1982
01-28-15, 04:03 PM
That Ice Burr-ista sure looks like it belongs in my bakery! Posting it here for those who are on the fence about getting it! :)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7384/16203955230_7fb8649253_b.jpg

LavaRain8
01-28-15, 04:32 PM
That Ice Burr-ista sure looks like it belongs in my bakery! Posting it here for those who are on the fence about getting it! :)

He is definitely quite welcome there! It really is a very nicely designed item, I must say. I'm definitely going to get him, but maybe not just yet, since I kind of don't feel like redecorating too much and I don't have a ton of space anyway lol. This picture does remind me of another gripe I have though. We REALLY need new registers. RS just got one with coffee and BS still has a whopping total of 2....both brown. Nothing fancy, just a few that are different colors at least, the design can stay the same if they want. They are required and forced to stick out like sore thumbs no matter what. :(

eve11432
01-28-15, 04:35 PM
Omgggg lovee the Valentine's day decors. I did a jump when I saw the swan fountain and the cake and the swing. I'm having a field day decorating my bakery. I love Valentine's day. Thank you thank you thank you TL!

alicee11
01-29-15, 02:16 AM
Hahaha really? And I hated my bakery because it is expanded till max! :P

gdmcrjunkie
01-29-15, 02:22 AM
I love this update, so much! My bakery's in winter mode always since it's run by penguins :D So it's nice to have these cute additions.

LalaSmooth
01-29-15, 06:33 AM
My bakery has hearts floating down on the screen and the background is pretty. I downloaded valentines 2012 version

exhalelaughter
01-29-15, 11:09 AM
Very nice update! I'm stocking up on most of these items 😉

LightAndLove83
01-30-15, 04:03 AM
I love the new update this week, BUT....Team Lava, when are we going to start preparing for holidays well enough in advance? Some times your right on the mark, and other times, you fall short. Consistency! It's all about consistency. CHRISTMAS would have been a better time to put out all this beautiful winter decor. Maybe mixed in with the Christmas items. I think some people have had enough snow and ice, to last them till next year! LOL! (New York) Sorry guys! :-( Please... Please.... Please... Can we get ahead of the holidays? In all fairness, you did offer some VDay Items from last year..but it would have been nicer if the update would have been congruent to the other Valentine offerings. [/COLOR]

Natasha_07
01-30-15, 10:57 AM
@Jeldon2864

I'm thinking this is going to be the last winter related update until December...

I'm more into spring stuff being early in April, let's hope so! :)

TheSweetStudio
02-03-15, 02:56 PM
I like the V-Day things. I bought some of them in preparation for a Valentine's Day goal, but now I'm reading there probably won't be one. So disappointed! I was hoping to spend the little gems I have on VD stuff. I guess I'm just gonna save my gems for Easter, then. And since I need 4 million for the next expansion...

Do you guys have any advice on which VD items I should get, and save them for next year? How sad. I wish they'd skipped the Winter goal and done a Valentine's one instead.

ilaria2464
02-03-15, 04:50 PM
I like the V-Day things. I bought some of them in preparation for a Valentine's Day goal, but now I'm reading there probably won't be one. So disappointed! I was hoping to spend the little gems I have on VD stuff. I guess I'm just gonna save my gems for Easter, then. And since I need 4 million for the next expansion...

Do you guys have any advice on which VD items I should get, and save them for next year? How sad. I wish they'd skipped the Winter goal and done a Valentine's one instead.

No Valentine's Day goal? Where did you read that?

TheSweetStudio
02-03-15, 08:53 PM
I said there probably won't be one, based on people's comments at the beginning of the thread. People were theorizing that since the next update would be Feb. 11th, it would be too late for a V-Day goal.

Nothing definitive. I hope they're wrong. I really want a goal.

pieandcream
02-03-15, 10:11 PM

i would get more than 1, otherwise it ll take forever to master recipes!!