PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Solid Gold Coffee Bean Collection + Prize (Leaving 2/3/15)

FrozenTurtle
01-27-15, 05:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ve0mrMv.png

Hey everyone, thank you all for your wonderful feedback and continued support! We're planning to remove the Solid Gold Coffee Bean Collection and the Golden Bean Statue from the game. Be sure to complete your collection or pick it up in the market before February 3rd (PST). At that time, the Golden Bean Statue will be removed from the market, the Solid Gold Coffee Bean Collection will be removed from your Collections Menu, and the Collectible items will no longer drop from the purchased items listed below:

Open Mic
http://i.imgur.com/WrUOAzy.png

Espresso Bar
http://i.imgur.com/cfbDzpl.png

Pastry Case
http://i.imgur.com/Dtjl9k6.png

Bean Bag
http://i.imgur.com/ZuIOWNO.png

Be sure to redeem your collection as soon as you can! You will still be able to purchase the individual items listed above. Please continue to share your feedback about this collection here. If you have any questions, let us know. Good luck!

CuteTali
01-27-15, 05:08 PM
Can you still buy all these items after Feb3 though? I want to buy all this nice stuff to make a coffee shop section, but waiting until after all the vday updates to make sure I can buy as many of what those updates offer as possible before I buy non-seasonal items.

FrozenTurtle
01-27-15, 05:15 PM
Can you still buy all these items after Feb3 though? I want to buy all this nice stuff to make a coffee shop section, but waiting until after all the vday updates to make sure I can buy as many of what those updates offer as possible before I buy non-seasonal items.

You will still be able to purchase the 4 individual decorations. I updated the original post. Thanks!

barbaraann72
01-27-15, 05:24 PM
I absolutely love the idea of timed limited edition decor collections. Hope that this is something that's continued.

My only suggestion is that the prize cannot be purchased - meaning that the only way to get it is to complete the collection.

StevenKevin
01-27-15, 05:53 PM
I absolutely love the idea of timed limited edition decor collections. Hope that this is something that's continued.

My only suggestion is that the prize cannot be purchased - meaning that the only way to get it is to complete the collection.
agreed
i even didnt try to complete the collection knowing it could be bought from the market

LavaRain8
01-27-15, 06:31 PM

I think if they are going to do that, it needs to be some other way of acquiring it besides buying gem items. Either it needs to be all/some coin items or it needs to just drop like everything else would, when cooking, tipping, etc. If it's going to be just buy all gem items and MAYBE get this item, it may as well just be the first prize in a box.

PepperWoo
01-27-15, 06:35 PM
Well I'd rather purchase it for 1 mil coins than spend a lot of gems trying to complete the collection. Or if they're not gonna make the prize purchasable, at least make the individual items involved for coins instead.

pixiegamer
01-27-15, 09:13 PM
Well I'd rather purchase it for 1 mil coins than spend a lot of gems trying to complete the collection. Or if they're not gonna make the prize purchasable, at least make the individual items involved for coins instead.

Ditto this.

@FrozenTurtle (or any other moderator/staff member who happens to be reading): will the prices for the remaining four items stay the same, or can we expect them to change when the Golden Bean is removed?

CuteTali
01-27-15, 09:59 PM
You will still be able to purchase the 4 individual decorations. I updated the original post. Thanks!

Thanks. I guess if I want to buy the statue decor I'll have to hurry up then! Then I can buy the rest of the collection later.

78story
01-28-15, 11:08 AM
I think the whole thing was a scam. Filling a bakery with gem items hoping to get a prize? No thanks. As the poster above stated... having these items drop from tipping would be great, it would encourage community giving players more incentive to go check out new bakeries.

LavaRain8
01-28-15, 04:21 PM
I think the whole thing was a scam. Filling a bakery with gem items hoping to get a prize? No thanks. As the poster above stated... having these items drop from tipping would be great, it would encourage community giving players more incentive to go check out new bakeries.

Yeah, I think tipping especially could use a "boost". As it stands, though I still do it, you don't get very much income from tips at all. Unless you're super low leveled, you probably won't notice or even care about the small increase it provides. But if they made it to where you could get collectibles that will unlock new exclusive items (other than the constant golden spatula displays that everyone probably has earned about 50+, and the Flower Display that you probably have 0-1 of). If there are new things to collect, that would certainly make tipping more potentially rewarding. However, they would certainly need to raise the drop rate a little from these rare items that you hardly ever find though.

FrozenTurtle
01-28-15, 05:56 PM
Ditto this.

@FrozenTurtle (or any other moderator/staff member who happens to be reading): will the prices for the remaining four items stay the same, or can we expect them to change when the Golden Bean is removed?

The 4 decorations will remain at their current price. :)

KadeeDid
01-28-15, 06:11 PM
. . . having these items drop from tipping would be great, it would encourage community giving players more incentive to go check out new bakeries.

Brilliant idea! I bought a few things but was not going to keep buying to get the collection. I received duplicates rather than different items.

KadeeDid
01-28-15, 06:19 PM
I think if they are going to do that, it needs to be some other way of acquiring it besides buying gem items. Either it needs to be all/some coin items or it needs to just drop like everything else would, when cooking, tipping, etc. If it's going to be just buy all gem items and MAYBE get this item, it may as well just be the first prize in a box.

I agree! I like the way you think. Brilliant ideas! :)

Natasha_07
01-28-15, 07:42 PM
So...is anyone going to buy the golden bean for 1M ?

domer1991
01-29-15, 06:40 AM
Brilliant idea! I bought a few things but was not going to keep buying to get the collection. I received duplicates rather than different items.

I bought all the coffee items and duplicates of everything except the large open mic item. I never received a the 4th dropped item to get the bean (and the item I can't seem to get to drop is the open mic). I stumbled upon the fact that I could just buy the bean...and I did. But I would like to be able to complete my collection, too. Is it possible to get the last dropped item without buying another expensive open mic or many othe small items?

dala12
01-29-15, 11:36 AM
I bought The coffee bean for 1 million! What must I do with the money? I do not think about it too long. I just keep on working in my little restaurant and do what other restaurant holders do, keeping the shop open until we have enough... That is never!

LavaRain8
01-29-15, 12:41 PM

Haha, uh...no. :D

Even if I decide to go full coffee shop one day, I will be just fine knowing that I let the strange looking giant gold bean statue slip through my fingers. Had it been 100k or less, I may have considered stashing it. But 1mil?.... No thanks. That's good goal or expansion money that I could be saving.

lauraleighashby
01-29-15, 02:24 PM

I don't even have a million coins yet. But even if I did....

paisleysnana47
01-29-15, 07:35 PM
Frozen Turtle: :( I did EXACTLY the same thing as domer 1991!! Why no 4th item drop, to "redeem" for Golden Coffee Bean?!! I actually purchased EVERYTHING, some numerous! (including The Golden Coffee Bean!)
What do I need to do next?? Please help!

paisleysnana47
01-29-15, 07:50 PM
Please respond! Anyone!!

paisleysnana47
01-29-15, 09:20 PM
Agreed! To KadeeDid!!

anndre05
01-30-15, 01:23 AM
How Do I Get Theses Items?

PamHicksGaddis
01-30-15, 05:22 AM
I have bought the open Mic twice it's in my restaurant right now and it still want acknowledge I have it. My page is Pam's Place ID PamHicksGaddis I'm on level 70. What can be done to fix this?

Jerseyhotblood
01-30-15, 08:04 AM
I'm not able to download the coffee thing. It's not in the kindle store. How do I get it?!?!

FrozenTurtle
01-30-15, 12:30 PM
Sorry for any confusion regarding this collection! I hope this helps. :)

Hey everyone, just wanted to clarify something about the new Gold Bean Statue. You can either purchase it directly from the Market or you can try your luck with the Solid Gold Coffee Bean Collection. You have a chance for any of the collectibles in this collection to drop with any purchase below:

Pastry Case
http://i.imgur.com/Dtjl9k6.png

Espresso Bar
http://i.imgur.com/cfbDzpl.png

Bean Bag
http://i.imgur.com/ZuIOWNO.png

Open Mic
http://i.imgur.com/WrUOAzy.png

Some may be more difficult to find than others, so don't get discouraged. Once you have collected all 4, head to your Collections menu and redeem them for your reward!

Good luck!

FrozenTurtle
01-30-15, 12:34 PM
I'm not able to download the coffee thing. It's not in the kindle store. How do I get it?!?!

Restaurant Story: Coffee Shop is only available on Android right now. Kindle should have access to these items in the regular version of Restaurant Story. :)

paisleysnana47
01-31-15, 12:57 AM
Frozen Turtle- That didn't really answer the question! Is it Truly RANDOM drops? That would make NO sense! That how boxes work! Not these!!

paisleysnana47
01-31-15, 01:01 AM
This is such a scam!! It's all about spending gems for NOTHING....if it's truly random drops! I'm SO disappointed!! 😱😳😞‼️

minidemon88
01-31-15, 01:27 AM
Waa, I don't get why they're removing the coffee bean collection so soon? I was still planning to save up more so I can get a few of the golden bean statue. I guess I could only get one, seeing how soon they're pulling it away. :(

Rees630
01-31-15, 05:01 AM
I think the whole thing was a bit odd. If you were guaranteed to complete the collection by purchasing all the items for gems, fine. But to have to keep spending gems to get the bean? That's nuts. It should've been buy the items, you complete the collection get the bean....or buy it for $1 mil.

beue77
01-31-15, 07:22 PM
The prizes never dropped, so it will be hard to redeem anything.

brownsugar2172
02-01-15, 01:34 AM
Drop the coffee bean,it's unnecessary a waste of time,I have question why would you put a price on the kids chair and why would put the kids table for gems when it can be use for the coins instead,please explain that,how you going to complete anything at all.Redo it

ClaireBrianna
02-01-15, 04:42 AM
I never got the reward

yonia4stovall
02-01-15, 06:00 AM
I agree about more diversity I play 4 storm games and I'm a "Caucasian avatar on each unfortunately that is NOT my choice and I can not change it. With all the colors in the actual game I'm more than certain that different race/ethnicity can be established! Prizes for tipping neighbors and the community would be a better way to get market/catalog item

PamHicksGaddis
02-01-15, 07:05 AM
So far I've bought 3 of the open mic's and it still want show up so I can get the gold bean. This is a huge ripe off to get you to spend to much and get nothing for it.

KeriBeri71
02-01-15, 03:26 PM
Today is Feb 1st and having been sick I JUST realized this collection is available!!! Are they going to at least have a "push" gem sale in the next few days so that we can have a CHANCE without breaking the bank! I already bought some at full price and can't afford more! :(

awesomejujubeans
02-02-15, 09:56 AM
I like the idea of new collections, perhaps one for each major holiday or season at least. I agree that the coffee bean collection didn't work out so well though. The original item drops from tipping, cooking, and general decorating are good enough IMO.

PrairieGrass
02-02-15, 07:10 PM
I think the whole thing was a bit odd. If you were guaranteed to complete the collection by purchasing all the items for gems, fine. But to have to keep spending gems to get the bean? That's nuts. It should've been buy the items, you complete the collection get the bean....or buy it for $1 mil.
Agree 100%. Buying all the gem items should've guaranteed getting the bean...that would make sense and give an incentive to purchase gem items.