Super Rare
21h

It reminds me of Snowstorm xD

Good luck!

edit (KP)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide

LonePudding
01-27-15, 04:14 PM
Yay!! I knew the new dragon would come today!!

PernReloaded
01-27-15, 04:35 PM
THRILLED. It took long enough for the old one to go >.

Had 25 bombs stocked. Have 49 pieces from them.

Like an idiot, I had my nano on the nest, ready to come off for more bombs (36 hr dragon means 36 hrs worth of them) and took it off the temple before I had used my bombs. Heck, before this dragon was available! So I am out all of them :/ My cherry blossom is on the evo temple now, so I will have 26 hours worth of them tomorrow evening. That sort of makes up for it but not really :/

Either way, I am happy with the headway I am making.

Natasha_07
01-27-15, 05:08 PM
Hey guys!

I miss out the fire opal dragon because I didn't have enough things from mining, can you guys please give me some tips on mining, apparently I suck at this.

Thanks!

cocauina
01-27-15, 06:43 PM
Hey guys!

I miss out the fire opal dragon because I didn't have enough things from mining, can you guys please give me some tips on mining, apparently I suck at this.

Thanks!

About bombs, don't sell duplicates, keep and evolve them and about mining, check this Mining Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&highlight=mining+guide) :)

Annica5
01-27-15, 06:49 PM
I got fire opal pieces as bonus when I mine - the last thing I need but totally sweet for all android players who came in late for that one :) so two thumbs up, TL!

SHINeeFan23
01-27-15, 07:09 PM
I like this new dragon.

kooky panda
01-27-15, 07:10 PM
I got fire opal pieces as bonus when I mine - the last thing I need but totally sweet for all android players who came in late for that one :) so two thumbs up, TL!
And for IOS players that got behind !!

kkdble49
01-27-15, 10:10 PM

Not thrilled about this because Ive had the fire opal for ages and it means I'm not getting the food bonus I desperately need, but I'll grit my teeth and bare it if it helps out the Android brethren!

marko70
01-28-15, 03:28 AM
:-( Ive got two fire opals already and looks like now a third??? Would rather have food... or at least an option to choose which past items I can get as bonuses (eg I have 196 amber pieces, or 132 geode fragments...)..

xxxe
01-28-15, 07:26 AM
How long will the mine give out fire opal eggs as a bonus? I was able to craft one already and have 20 pieces for the next one but there's no way I can get a 180 extra eggs. So honestly I would just like the food or coin bonuses. I hope they stop dropping them soon.

mbyte68
01-28-15, 07:38 AM
niceeee idea this doulble mining for 2 dragons , be nice if nxt time round we could have this maybe 1 new and 1 old for android thrown in as well , :)

cocauina
01-28-15, 07:39 AM
How long will the mine give out fire opal eggs as a bonus? I was able to craft one already and have 20 pieces for the next one but there's no way I can get a 180 extra eggs. So honestly I would just like the food or coin bonuses. I hope they stop dropping them soon.

The thread about Fire Opal is this one - thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76568-New-Mining-dragon-Fire-Opal-Dragon-(IOS)&p=1042836&viewfull=1#post1042836)

Elsa;1042836']Sorry about this! ;< <3

The Fire Opal Dragon has been extended to Friday. Fire Opals will drop as bonus loot in the Mine and the craft is now available in the Spell Shop.

niceeee idea this doulble mining for 2 dragons , be nice if nxt time round we could have this maybe 1 new and 1 old for android thrown in as well , :)

And for IOS also, many players have parts from old mining dragon in storage, and they are useless.

SHINeeFan23
01-28-15, 07:55 AM
Yeah I don't like it but if it helps out others then I'll just suck it up. Ends Friday but I wish they could drop food too. On another note my game crashed when mining & lost 2 sandstone pieces. I had 26 and when I went back I have 24. So not cool.

mbyte68
01-28-15, 08:01 AM
they did Gold sales for Android whould be nice to bring all the oldies bck now give Androids and new IOS players chance via a weekly mini Tourny maybe every fri and a biggie for the last week in every month hope TL read this and think oooooh nice idea and do this , sure whould keep the forum busy more with chat i reckon as well :)

LonePudding
01-28-15, 09:05 AM

I'd love this even though I'm on ios! My mine opened when magma came out which was around 4-5 dragons ago so I missed quite a few before that :(

mbyte68
01-28-15, 09:09 AM
I'd love this even though I'm on ios! My mine opened when magma came out which was around 4-5 dragons go so I missed quite a few before that :(

yh mine opened when magma came out also missed this one whoulda loved to own this one :)

SHINeeFan23
01-28-15, 10:04 AM
I'd love this even though I'm on ios! My mine opened when magma came out which was around 4-5 dragons ago so I missed quite a few before that :(

Yeah I have a few old ones that need just a few left but never had enough time. It would be great if they did that. Gives everyone one a chance to get one or two.

Kennedward
01-28-15, 10:13 AM
Got 30 so far, still a long way to go

kooky panda
01-28-15, 11:38 AM

Fire opal eggs will drop until Friday. ( When Fire opal dragon crafting option is removed)

xxxe
01-28-15, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Kooky. I'm just going to save my bombs until Friday then. I had 24 saved up when the new dragon dropped so I have a good start. Already have 30 pieces so I can wait a few days. I'm glad others are getting a chance to get extra eggs if they're only a few away.

SHINeeFan23
01-29-15, 10:51 AM
My game crashed again and had 46 when I pressed 'mine again' it crashed and when I went back it says I have 41. I guess I'll just save my bombs and hope I have enough time later.

Natasha_07
01-29-15, 07:00 PM
This might be another one I'll be missing if not given enough time.

saghaven
01-30-15, 10:57 AM
Honestly, I'm not even going for this one. I really need this game to come up with dragons from some different elements. No more red/yellow, green/yellow, purple/green, blue/purple, etc. They've got all these unusual colors and elements. On the rare times they use them they're for dragons that are impossible to breed due to splitting. I wish they'd use the other colors for either mining or crafting. Or at least mix the colors more. Where are the Amber (black/red/yellow) or Platinum (metal/white) type dragons? Where are the Thunderbirds (white/purple/red)? When's the last time we had something in the arena that wasn't either a champ or another dragon of a combo that has 8 billion other dragons with that same combo already? Get with it TL. You're game creators. Be creative.

mbyte68
01-30-15, 11:03 AM
I agree maybe a few white/blacks as well to make getting a few of the others a bit easier with the ever growing list of dragons at min

LonePudding
01-30-15, 11:31 AM
Honestly, I'm not even going for this one. I really need this game to come up with dragons from some different elements. No more red/yellow, green/yellow, purple/green, blue/purple, etc. They've got all these unusual colors and elements. On the rare times they use them they're for dragons that are impossible to breed due to splitting. I wish they'd use the other colors for either mining or crafting. Or at least mix the colors more. Where are the Amber (black/red/yellow) or Platinum (metal/white) type dragons? Where are the Thunderbirds (white/purple/red)? When's the last time we had something in the arena that wasn't either a champ or another dragon of a combo that has 8 billion other dragons with that same combo already? Get with it TL. You're game creators. Be creative.

I totally agree. I want a pink and black mining dragon as mask doesn't seem to like the look of my island.

Clark_Wayne
02-05-15, 04:58 AM
I updated yesterday (update 1.9.9) and i found that mining changed in something i don't like : everything went smaller !
Mining area became smaller, the space between 2 bombs went smaller !
Before update, mining area is about 75-80% of the screen, now mining area is not even half the screen ! (I got iPad mini)
Now i can't see where are mining area limit, and when i tap, it bombs next where i wanted to bomb ! :mad:
Anyone experienced same problem after update ?

I would like suggest that TL put some grid , so we can see the mining limits

mbyte68
02-05-15, 05:15 AM
yh i keep suffering the bomb thing also tap to bomb 1 bit gets the space nxt to it sooooo annoying cost me a few pieces of material allready from hitting wrong spot GRR

stashlova
02-05-15, 05:37 AM
Might be the ugliest dragon ive ever seen. Looks like a NYC sewer rat. Bad hometown memories. Easy pass.

kooky panda
02-05-15, 11:35 AM
I updated yesterday (update 1.9.9) and i found that mining changed in something i don't like : everything went smaller !
Mining area became smaller, the space between 2 bombs went smaller !
Before update, mining area is about 75-80% of the screen, now mining area is not even half the screen ! (I got iPad mini)
Now i can't see where are mining area limit, and when i tap, it bombs next where i wanted to bomb ! :mad:
Anyone experienced same problem after update ?

I would like suggest that TL put some grid , so we can see the mining limits
This seems to be an issue with Ipad users. It has been reported.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78128-Mining-issues&p=1047310&viewfull=1#post1047310

amerirish
02-05-15, 11:41 AM
This seems to be an issue with Ipad users. It has been reported.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78128-Mining-issues&p=1047310&viewfull=1#post1047310

I noticed the changes in the mine too on an iPhone 6+ Everything is definitely smaller.

LonePudding
02-05-15, 11:45 AM
70 more pieces!

Kennedward
02-06-15, 07:55 AM
108 now

meoconlunar
02-06-15, 08:55 AM
I noticed the changes in the mine too on an iPhone 6+ Everything is definitely smaller.

me, too. Ipad mini retina =___=

PernReloaded
02-06-15, 11:38 AM
Yeah, definitely went mini for the ipad. Still keeping up my levels, I think I only need about 50 or so right now.

Kennedward
02-07-15, 07:53 AM
Just got to 128

Megalloo
02-08-15, 07:37 AM
Does anyone know what the significance of the "whistle" is? I usually play with the sound off, but turned it on for the last few times I have been mining. At first I thought it's another sign that I am close. The whistle doesn't appear to be consistent, I have heard it when I got "near" and today I heard it on 'too far'.

Megalloo
02-08-15, 07:40 AM
Might be the ugliest dragon ive ever seen. Looks like a NYC sewer rat. Bad hometown memories. Easy pass.

Totally agree with you. Don't know why I am still trying to collect it, must be that marketing ploy of 'limited' that's gotten to me, lol. I've got 140 so far.

I'm also on an iPad and the mining area has definitely gotten a lot smaller.

Kennedward
02-08-15, 08:47 AM
132.... a few of my mining ended up with nothing....

PernReloaded
02-08-15, 11:23 AM
30 more pieces to go!

Kennedward
02-09-15, 08:24 AM

clarity625
02-09-15, 10:27 AM
I went to my storage to find out how many pieces I have, so I can post it here. Turns out I had 201 and didn't even notice. It is crafting now.

I'm not really that good at mining, I sometimes loose focus and get only 1 piece from mining. But I usually keep Evolution Temple busy around the clock.

132.... a few of my mining ended up with nothing....

I usually break the area up into 4 pieces and go from there. Once you find a piece, the whole thing resets so just because you weren't close to a piece originally, the 2nd piece may be right next to where you already looked.

Are you familiar with this usefull mining guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide)? It helped me a lot.

Kennedward
02-09-15, 09:32 PM
I went to my storage to find out how many pieces I have, so I can post it here. Turns out I had 201 and didn't even notice. It is crafting now.

I'm not really that good at mining, I sometimes loose focus and get only 1 piece from mining. But I usually keep Evolution Temple busy around the clock.

I usually break the area up into 4 pieces and go from there. Once you find a piece, the whole thing resets so just because you weren't close to a piece originally, the 2nd piece may be right next to where you already looked.

Are you familiar with this usefull mining guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide)? It helped me a lot.

Yes I've read it, but most of the times I only get 1 piece or none for some strange reason....

catlovescupcakes
02-11-15, 10:04 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the mine has gotten smaller? My " field of play" only covers a small rectangle toward the bottom center of the mine screen.

PernReloaded
02-11-15, 10:08 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the mine has gotten smaller? My " field of play" only covers a small rectangle toward the bottom center of the mine screen.

Yeeeep. Seems this has happened to a number of players.

I have enough pieces to begin crafting, but I'm going to wait and see if I can get out a Lighthouse first. I might not like that one, but its better to craft than have the pieces sitting around in storage forever.

Megalloo
02-11-15, 01:15 PM
I have 162 sandstones. does anyone know how much time I have to collect ?

amerirish
02-11-15, 02:22 PM
I have 162 sandstones. does anyone know how much time I have to collect ?

200 pieces so you're well on your way :)

ghostiemom
02-11-15, 03:52 PM
My mine's acting weird, where it won't let me tap where I want, just where it wants me to.

freshfunin2008
02-11-15, 03:53 PM
That is a mind altering mine isn't it?

belbar22
02-11-15, 04:12 PM
My mine's acting weird, where it won't let me tap where I want, just where it wants me to.

Glad you posted. Thought it was just me but it only happens on my iPad not my phone.

ylfnogard37
02-11-15, 05:36 PM
Started happening on my iPad about a week ago. I only have about 1/3 of the mining area I used to have.

Kennedward
02-11-15, 08:35 PM
148 now

catlovescupcakes
02-12-15, 08:02 AM
That is a mind altering mine isn't it?
Like the movie, Inception!

random59
02-13-15, 12:33 PM
Glad I am not the only one being affected by a dysfunctional mine, used to enjoy mining, now it so frustrating you have to tap where the game wants you to. Have you also noticed bombs now make smaller sizes, only get 1 piece if I am lucky per bomb now, could get 4 if I was really lucky😱

Natasha_07
02-13-15, 12:35 PM
I didn't get fire opal, and probably not this one either. Not enough time.

Carbuck
02-13-15, 04:58 PM
Glad I am not the only one being affected by a dysfunctional mine, used to enjoy mining, now it so frustrating you have to tap where the game wants you to. Have you also noticed bombs now make smaller sizes, only get 1 piece if I am lucky per bomb now, could get 4 if I was really lucky😱

This limited range thing has been happening to me also. I haven't come to a conclusion as to whether it is now designed to be helpful or not.

I hope this one doesn't timeout suddenly like Lighthouse.

Good luck everybody!

cvijetich7
02-13-15, 05:24 PM
10 more pieces to go :)
I didi't manage to get mine Lighthouse, though.

cvijetich7
02-13-15, 05:29 PM
10 more pieces to go :)
I didi't manage to get mine Lighthouse, though.

Kennedward
02-13-15, 08:26 PM
162 now

DaenerysFantasy
02-14-15, 08:55 AM
Mine is crafting.

Kennedward
02-14-15, 10:05 AM
185 now, so close yet so far

random59
02-14-15, 01:07 PM
Retrieved my old iPad which does not have auto updates on it and the mine works a treat. Have noticed that it has been only been since the last update that the mine has mind of its own. Maybe you could have a chat to someone about it KOOKY at TL for us.😎

Kennedward
02-15-15, 07:43 PM
Finally crafted it!:cool:

belbar22
02-16-15, 05:21 AM
My mine won't let me press where I want to. Is anyone else having this problem. I have foreclosed and reinstalled but this has not made any difference.

LonePudding
02-16-15, 05:55 AM
Already got 15 bombs towards next dragon. I'm gonna hit the max soon, that means I'm going to have about 100 useless sand blocks just lying there

roguebee
02-16-15, 06:11 AM
Crafting mine and just started collecting for the next one. It's only an9other 200 parts to collect over a week or 10 days.

rubyhummer
02-19-15, 06:40 PM
Crafting my very first mining dragon. I'm an Android switch over to new game play. Looks like an unusual creature. Seemed to take a lot of work to get a dragon this way, but still interesting, instead of only from breeding.

My first craft was the much anticipated Lotus!

rachel1972
02-20-15, 05:21 AM
Just a quick question...I mined a sandstorm Dragon and had thought it would be put in my storage. Not there. Anyone have any ideas?

roguebee
02-20-15, 07:27 AM
It is still probably in your craft shop if you didn't have a nest free when it was finished.

tuffyjkitten
02-20-15, 09:51 AM
My mine won't let me press where I want to. Is anyone else having this problem. I have foreclosed and reinstalled but this has not made any difference.

Yeah that's been happening for awhile, the area is smaller. The bugs thread says they are working on a fix. We know what that means, right? :o

tuffyjkitten
02-20-15, 09:52 AM
Just started crafting my sandstorm. Woo I'm done early!

roguebee
02-20-15, 08:59 PM
Good thing as my mine has a notice that there is only 4 days left.

LonePudding
02-20-15, 09:37 PM
Think I might be able to squeeze in a second one!!! That's a very tight might though! Got about 100 to go!

Mythdefied
02-21-15, 12:28 AM
I have about 100 left too. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll make it.

ciarjen
02-21-15, 02:40 AM
I am no where near getting one of these because of the problem with the mine since the last update.

It would be very nice of TL if they extended this because the mine is not working properly.

Thanks.

zyfazix
02-21-15, 04:39 AM
I need 145 more sandstone and got 12 bombs stored, It's gonna be a hard one to get

athena238
02-21-15, 12:29 PM
With the new update I have an Ipad and now it seems the mining is for Iphone because I can only tap in certain parts. Not fair at all. Now this dragon is limited, no way can I get it when I get only 1 part every thime I mine. ;(

PepperWoo
02-21-15, 03:20 PM
I need 145 more sandstone and got 12 bombs stored, It's gonna be a hard one to get

With that amount of parts left that you need to collect, I'd advise you to just let this one go. There's only 68 hours left so that's 17 bombs if you evolve non-stop... so unless you can gather 145 pieces in that amount of bombs, I think you're better off saving your bombs for the next mining dragon. You could have 25 bombs by the time it appears (a few hours after Sandstorm leaves) and that will give you a huge head start! :)

kimandamelia
02-21-15, 04:40 PM
After the time is up, is there any use of the sandstorm pieces collected? Should I hold bombs or keep mining for sandstorm? I only have 70 of them.

zyfazix
02-21-15, 04:59 PM
With that amount of parts left that you need to collect, I'd advise you to just let this one go. There's only 68 hours left so that's 17 bombs if you evolve non-stop... so unless you can gather 145 pieces in that amount of bombs, I think you're better off saving your bombs for the next mining dragon. You could have 25 bombs by the time it appears (a few hours after Sandstorm leaves) and that will give you a huge head start! :)

That does sound better than being stuck with 100 rocks. Is there a cap on the amount of bombs you can collect or is it unlimited?

PepperWoo
02-21-15, 05:17 PM
After the time is up, is there any use of the sandstorm pieces collected? Should I hold bombs or keep mining for sandstorm? I only have 70 of them.

Nope, no use for the extra mining pieces. They'll just sit in your storage. Better hold off using your bombs for the next one.

That does sound better than being stuck with 100 rocks. Is there a cap on the amount of bombs you can collect or is it unlimited?

You can only store 25 bombs max, if you continue taking dragons out of the evolution temple while your bombs are at max, you won't receive them anymore. So if you decide to save your bombs and you get to 25 before the new mining dragon shows up, take a break from evolving dragons first so you won't lose those precious bombs.

Mythdefied
02-22-15, 12:54 PM
I was hoping I'd make it, but with less than two days to go, I just won't have enough bombs. I didn't know about the storage limit for bombs, thanks PepperWoo. Guess I'll start saving up for the next one.

LonePudding
02-22-15, 01:14 PM
I was hoping I'd make it, but with less than two days to go, I just won't have enough bombs. I didn't know about the storage limit for bombs, thanks PepperWoo. Guess I'll start saving up for the next one.

You'll have a flying head start!

mbyte68
02-22-15, 08:59 PM
got 25 ready to go and jst evolved titan by mistake hope i dont take him off by mistake also lol :)

saghaven
02-23-15, 07:53 AM
Glad it's going. I didn't go for this one as the combo was boring. I hope those of you trying for it (or your second) make it in time. I'm looking forward to the next one! Here's hoping it's an interesting combo.

freshfunin2008
02-23-15, 08:39 AM
I have my 25 bombs and I am ready for the new one to arrive. I hope everyone got this one.

LonePudding
02-23-15, 09:39 AM
I want geode back!!! I only got a few pieces of that before it went! And I agree with you sag, what a boring colour combo. Bring out the pinks and blacks!!!

PernReloaded
02-23-15, 10:39 AM
Two minings back they had a champ you could mine for, that was really nice ^.^

I managed to get this one, have 25 bombs ready to go, and a bunch of dragons ready to evolve. Most of them will go to level 4, but I have two that will be Epic'd, and I am very happy about this.

stashlova
02-23-15, 12:59 PM
So ready for the next one. Time for Master Splinter to go

LonePudding
02-23-15, 01:26 PM
Two minings back they had a champ you could mine for, that was really nice ^.^

Which dragon was that?! I don't remember! I've got every mining dragon for a while now:(

LonePudding
02-23-15, 01:27 PM
I hope the next dragon is amazing, something that actually makes you want to RACE to the finish, not just make you mine for it because you had a few bombs laying around.

freshfunin2008
02-23-15, 02:09 PM
I don't remember having a champ in the mine recently. I will have to look at my extra parts to see what the last few were.

freshfunin2008
02-23-15, 02:12 PM
It must have been SteelFare. I have extra parts for that one.

freshfunin2008
02-23-15, 02:14 PM
It must have been SteelFare. I have extra parts for that one. But I think that one was from the battle arena and not the mine.

Kennedward
02-23-15, 02:29 PM
Just finished mining to craft a second one:cool:

Passera
02-23-15, 05:48 PM
So ready for the next one. Time for Master Splinter to go

Lol. Master Splinter that's funny! :D

cocauina
02-23-15, 06:30 PM
I don't remember having a champ in the mine recently. I will have to look at my extra parts to see what the last few were.

It must have been SteelFare. I have extra parts for that one. But I think that one was from the battle arena and not the mine.

The champions dragons are from the battle arena.

The mining dragons that we already had by order was:
Platinum
Amber
Rune
Glass
Sunstone
Gargoyle
Obsidian
Geode
Magma
Pharaoh
Fire Opal