PDA

View Full Version : Access to Castle Story

PurpleScorpion76
01-27-15, 01:10 PM
(I've amended the title from Online Access today, to just Access to CS as this is an ongoing issue.... SW) 11 Feb

Anyone else having trouble gaining access to TL games this evening?

burritosprings
01-27-15, 01:37 PM
I keep getting the "You need Internet Access message..." is that the issue you are having?

PurpleScorpion76
01-27-15, 01:49 PM
Yep, bu I know it's working ok cause the other half is using it fine and I can access this forum just not the games.

PikaSquirrel
01-27-15, 03:28 PM
Please try force closing your game and try again. Castle seems to be working fine.

katbtodd
01-27-15, 04:01 PM
I have too but thinking it was my weather ,,east coast blizzard

gilachaya
01-27-15, 05:38 PM
I'm having problems getting into TL games tonight also. I got onto two other TL games but can't get into CS.

I got in later but can't sign in now. I know it's not the internet cause I can get on the forum.

debtthomas
01-27-15, 06:17 PM
I'm having the same problem tonight. My other 2 TL games are working fine but CS is not. I uninstalled and still can't open.

nmishii
01-27-15, 06:57 PM
Had problems several hours ago and now. It's not my internet connection.

yveal
01-28-15, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone I have been having log in issues for a week or so. Most times I have to delete the game and reinstall it from the apps store. It sometimes works and other times it throws me straight back out. I wondered if something has been altered to suit the latest IOS cause I play on an Iphone 3gs with IOS 6. It cant upgrade to IOS 7 or above. I cant afford a phone upgrade yet. The other teamlava games seem to work fine.

katbtodd
01-28-15, 11:39 AM
I haven't had any problem today... Except when I go to visit my neighbors after ,May be about 10 or so ..I get the Internet message and I know I have internet cuz I can get on facebook or send a imessage ,...some thing esle I notice now the lag in the forum posting . You can keep on typing
In the forum when you post... It takes a second or to to catchup with you

PurpleScorpion76
01-28-15, 01:34 PM
Please try force closing your game and try again. Castle seems to be working fine.

I always do this anyway, I can always hear IT experts in my head 'turn it off and on again'. Lol.

PikaSquirrel
01-28-15, 02:09 PM
Which other TeamLava games are you able to access?

If you haven't already, please try resetting wifi on your device as well. Then try restarting your device and also try reinstalling the game again. If possible, try connecting to different wifi networks as well. Please let us know if the issue persists.

katbtodd
01-28-15, 02:38 PM

If you haven't already, please try resetting wifi on your device as well. Then try restarting your device and also try reinstalling the game again. If possible, try connecting to different wifi networks as well. Please let us know if the issue persists.

How do we reset our wifi on our devices , just by shutting it off and bring it back ,I heard putting in plane mode can help too

meme1098
01-28-15, 02:55 PM
Try turning off your wireless router and rebooting it, modem as well, or other mode of Internet service.
As for your device, under settings tap wifi, then the wifi network you're on, tap 'forget this network'. At this point I always do a hard restart of my device, then go back into settings, and reconnect to your network.

If this doesn't help, and rebooting the cable modem, doesn't help, it's time to call your provider about problems you're having.

PurpleScorpion76
01-28-15, 02:56 PM

I couldn't access Dragon Story, FairyTale Wonderland and Castle Story. All 3 were inaccessible for about an hour. All ok now.

hungrydragons13
01-28-15, 09:45 PM
I'm also having trouble with games. Right now it's just castle story.

hoffm1179
01-28-15, 09:51 PM
Same here... Just Castle Story out of all the TL games I play...

PikaSquirrel
01-29-15, 02:40 PM
I'm also having trouble with games. Right now it's just castle story.

Same here... Just Castle Story out of all the TL games I play...

Have you already tried the restart steps mentioned above such as resetting your wifi on your device and also restarting the device?

jessicabrown2006
01-29-15, 03:38 PM
Whatever caused it cost me a days progress but saved me the 8 gems the game stole from me.
only sad thing was when I got home my knights had found me a lemon tree, when it reset and I collected again the prize became a camp fire!
Thomas will have to wait longer for his lemonade.

lsloman
01-29-15, 07:12 PM
I can not connect to this game for 3 days now in the evening and night hours (eastern time). Anyone else experiencing this also? It's also affecting restaurant story and bakery. Other games are working fine. Really frustrating!

SpiritWind00
01-29-15, 07:15 PM
I moved your post into this existing thread....

Please try what Pika has suggested above. Good luck.

mnjcafe
01-29-15, 07:32 PM
My family and I can't access TL games (we mostly play CS and RS) for the last two days in the evenings, but we were able to play in the morning, able to get to the forum and surf the rest of the web, etc. It is just when trying to play that we get the message that we are not connected to the internet.

If I turn the wifi off on my device and use the cellular connection, I can get into CS just fine, it's just on wifi that I have the issue. This means no playing on the iPad or iPod touch until this is fixed. Very annoying!

We haven't changed any settings on the firewall of our wireless router so it is strange that it would be blocked all of a sudden, unless TL has started using a different port or something else that FIOS has decided to block. Are all of the other people reporting this issue also using Verizon FIOS?

nmishii
01-29-15, 07:50 PM
I had problems on Tues and Wed on most TL games. I am on Verizom FIOS. So far okay today.

lsloman
01-29-15, 07:55 PM
I have fios also, but it's only affecting certain games, so I know it's not my internet connection. I can log into this forum, view my online mail, play other TL games, just not bakery, restaurant and castle. So strange that it's only certain games at certain times. I'm on IOS 8

SpiritWind00
01-29-15, 07:58 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've sent a request through to TL to follow this up for you.....

readysetgo888
01-29-15, 08:54 PM
I'm having this issue right now... Castle Story is giving me the offline message but I'm not offline. Fantasy Forest is working but seems to be having issues also, taking a little longer to connect than usual. With CS, it was working until I visited 4-5 neighbors and then it kicked me out with the offline message. Restarting the game didn't help.

SpiritWind00
01-29-15, 10:06 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've sent a request through to TL to follow this up for you.....

TL are investigating this now. It's an issue across other games too.

[S8] Elsa
01-29-15, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone. If you're having this issue, can you let us know the following info:

Are you using FIOS? If not, does it only occur on wifi?
Does this happen always or only during certain times during the day?
When did the issue begin for you?

lsloman
01-30-15, 04:06 AM
Are you using FIOS?yes If not, does it only occur on wifi? Not sure, I only have an iPad without cell service.
Does this happen always or only during certain times during the day? Only during certain times of the day
When did the issue begin for you? This began Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

[S8] Elsa
01-30-15, 12:01 PM
We're currently investigating this. If you are experiencing this and have access to a computer where the wifi issue is occurring, please follow these steps:

For WINDOWS:
1. Open the Command Prompt. You can do this by clicking start->run-> type in "cmd".

2. Highlight and copy the line below:

tracert -w 2 bakery.teamlava.com > "%userprofile%\desktop\SOPoutput.txt"

3. Right click on your Command Prompt window bar. Go to edit-> paste (hit enter) wait for it to finish, it may take some time.

4. Attach the SOPoutput.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@teamlava.com.

5. Send a forum PM (http://forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=154) to Elsa with the ticket number.

For MAC:
1. Click on Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
This will create a shell window.

2. Copy the line of text below in to the shell window (paste) hit enter

traceroute -w 300 bakery.teamlava.com > Desktop/mactrace.txt
It may take sometime to finish that command.

3. Attach the mactrace.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@teamlava.com.

5. Send a forum PM (http://forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=154) to Elsa with the ticket number.

leonsandcastle
01-30-15, 09:10 PM
I can not connect to this game for 3 days now in the evening and night hours (eastern time). Anyone else experiencing this also? It's also affecting restaurant story and bakery. Other games are working fine. Really frustrating!

Yes, I have had trouble with Castle, Dragon, Restaurant 2 in the evening hours the last two days. I've done all of the resets, restarts, and redownloads multiple times, but it is still happening.

SpiritWind00
02-02-15, 05:53 PM
TL have advised that they believe this issue has now been resolved. It may have been an issue with FIOS customers.

Can you post whether or not you agree this has been resolved or not please, especially if you have posted in this thread.

Thanks.

rakitka
02-02-15, 07:20 PM
I'm a FIOS customer and I'm still having connection issues, although it does seem improved now.

redsoxmary
02-02-15, 07:32 PM
I am also having connection issues with this game only. I also updated to ios8 today.

SpiritWind00
02-02-15, 07:38 PM
I've sent through your feedback... Thank you! :)

[S8] Elsa
02-03-15, 02:41 PM
Can those of you with the issue and have access to a computer please follow the steps listed here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77798-Online-access-today&p=1044193&viewfull=1#post1044193)? This will help our team investigate why this only appears to be affecting FIOS users.

shash16
02-03-15, 05:31 PM
I also use Verizon FIOS. I am able to access all TL games during the day BUT in the evening, each and every one of my TL games will not load. This has been happening every evening for the past week. I keep getting the message that I am not connected to the Internet. It is only happening in the evening East Coast time. I tried all the usual solutions and nothing has worked so far.

PurpleScorpion76
02-03-15, 05:49 PM
What is Fios?

[S8] Elsa
02-03-15, 05:51 PM
I also use Verizon FIOS. I am able to access all TL games during the day BUT in the evening, each and every one of my TL games will not load. This has been happening every evening for the past week. I keep getting the message that I am not connected to the Internet. It is only happening in the evening East Coast time. I tried all the usual solutions and nothing has worked so far.

If you have access to a computer, can you try these steps from this link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77798-Online-access-today&p=1044193&viewfull=1#post1044193)? This information will help us look into this further. We're investigating, but really puzzled why this service only is affected and only during evenings.

kooky panda
02-03-15, 07:12 PM
What is Fios?A cellular service plan offered by Verizon.

nmishii
02-03-15, 07:42 PM
Elsa;1044193']We're currently investigating this. If you are experiencing this and have access to a computer where the wifi issue is occurring, please follow these steps:

For WINDOWS:
1. Open the Command Prompt. You can do this by clicking start->run-> type in "cmd".

2. Highlight and copy the line below:

tracert -w 2 bakery.teamlava.com > "%userprofile%\desktop\SOPoutput.txt"

3. Right click on your Command Prompt window bar. Go to edit-> paste (hit enter) wait for it to finish, it may take some time.

4. Attach the SOPoutput.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@teamlava.com.

For MAC:
1. Click on Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
This will create a shell window.

2. Copy the line of text below in to the shell window (paste) hit enter

traceroute -w 300 bakery.teamlava.com > Desktop/mactrace.txt
It may take sometime to finish that command.

3. Attach the mactrace.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@teamlava.com.

For me, some games I can log into. Most I can't. Do you want the command to read "bakery.teamlava.com" always, or should that be replaced by the name of the game that isn't connecting? If so, you'll need to provide a list, although for most games it should be easy to figure out.

Does it matter when we run the command. Should it be run while the game is trying to start up, or after the internet connection error?

Today I'm not getting the internet connection error but it is taking soooooo long to start up. Do you want this info in that case also? I have the trace route output while waiting for the game to start up, but its not bakery story.

leonsandcastle
02-03-15, 07:47 PM
Are you using FIOS? Yes

If not, does it only occur on wifi? Only have wifi on my iPad

Does this happen always or only during certain times during the day? Evening hours, east coast time, generally around 6PM on

When did the issue begin for you? The last four or five days

I tried to do the command prompt thing, but nothing came back for me.

shash16
02-03-15, 08:05 PM
Elsa;1046695']If you have access to a computer, can you try these steps from this link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77798-Online-access-today&p=1044193&viewfull=1#post1044193)? This information will help us look into this further. We're investigating, but really puzzled why this service only is affected and only during evenings.

I'll try to get to a computer. Will let you know. Thanks

[S8] Elsa
02-03-15, 08:06 PM
For me, some games I can log into. Most I can't. Do you want the command to read "bakery.teamlava.com" always, or should that be replaced by the name of the game that isn't connecting? If so, you'll need to provide a list, although for most games it should be easy to figure out.

Does it matter when we run the command. Should it be run while the game is trying to start up, or after the internet connection error?

Today I'm not getting the internet connection error but it is taking soooooo long to start up. Do you want this info in that case also? I have the trace route output while waiting for the game to start up, but its not bakery story.

Yes, please use Bakery Story. The command doesn't ping your game. It has your wifi ping our server so we can take a look at to why the connection fails. You don't need to do any action in the game.

shash16
02-03-15, 08:11 PM
What is Fios?

FIOS is a service offered through out the U.S. by Verizon. It is provided through fiber optic cables and delivers our television and Internet service. It is not for cellular service, although Verizon does offer cellular service separately.

MizCricket
02-03-15, 08:23 PM
I have also been having this problem for about a week now. I am on FIOS and can access my games during the day but not in the evening. I am on the East Coast as well. Not sure exactly what time it starts, but it is almost 10:30 pm right now, and I still can't access any games.

nmishii
02-03-15, 08:39 PM
FIOS is a service offered through out the U.S. by Verizon. It is provided through fiber optic cables and delivers our television and Internet service. It is not for cellular service, although Verizon does offer cellular service separately.

For those of us who still have a landline, FiOS also provides phone service to your home.

nmishii
02-03-15, 08:41 PM
I have also been having this problem for about a week now. I am on FIOS and can access my games during the day but not in the evening. I am on the East Coast as well. Not sure exactly what time it starts, but it is almost 10:30 pm right now, and I still can't access any games.

Its bad right now on the west coast too. I can get into some games but not others. Some take forever to start up.

nmishii
02-03-15, 08:49 PM
Elsa;1046809']Yes, please use Bakery Story. The command doesn't ping your game. It has your wifi ping our server so we can take a look at to why the connection fails. You don't need to do any action in the game.

I sent 3 outputs from when the connection was slow, then once I sent it I tried to get into a game and got the no internet connection error. I got a reply to the email and replied back with an output from when I got the no internet connection error. Then I looked for the ticket number and realized I replied to the automated reply. I haven't gotten a ticket number and not sure when I'll be back on. Subject is FiOS trace and the reply to support's reply was sent at 7:17 PST. Four attachments total.

MizCricket
02-03-15, 09:26 PM
Its bad right now on the west coast too. I can get into some games but not others. Some take forever to start up.

I am getting in again. It's slower than normal but at least I could check my games before bed. I hope they fix this for good soon. My games don't work during the main hours when I usually play them so I'm getting used to not playing and I'm not sure I'll miss them if it keeps up a few more days. :D

[S8] Elsa
02-03-15, 09:56 PM
I sent 3 outputs from when the connection was slow, then once I sent it I tried to get into a game and got the no internet connection error. I got a reply to the email and replied back with an output from when I got the no internet connection error. Then I looked for the ticket number and realized I replied to the automated reply. I haven't gotten a ticket number and not sure when I'll be back on. Subject is FiOS trace and the reply to support's reply was sent at 7:17 PST. Four attachments total.

Thank you! Our team received your message with the traces. :)

MizCricket
02-04-15, 05:40 PM
All of my games are working tonight except Castle. Anyone else still having trouble?

bluebubbles872
02-04-15, 05:58 PM
All of my games are working tonight except Castle. Anyone else still having trouble?

Same here. I only play on my iOS devices so can't send in the ping information. Been having issues for the last few nights in the evenings only, I also have FIOS. Tonight everything works except Castle Story.

shash16
02-04-15, 07:11 PM
Same here. Can't get into Castle Story at all.

mrglymph
02-11-15, 06:46 PM
Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Castle Story? All of my other games are working but this one says there is a connection problem. Like my internet is down

SpiritWind00
02-11-15, 07:04 PM
Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Castle Story? All of my other games are working but this one says there is a connection problem. Like my internet is down

Have a read of this thread. I've moved your post here into the main thread.

mnjcafe
02-12-15, 07:35 PM
I was having this issue when it was first reported, and it was typically in the evening til about 11 pm. Then it seemed to be fixed - for several days, maybe a week or so, it was working fine. And now I am back to the same thing.

SpiritWind00
02-12-15, 08:32 PM
I've passed this on to TL. Thanks for posting...

MizCricket
02-15-15, 08:28 PM
Anyone else having connection issues tonight? I can only get into Castle on my phone with the WiFi turned off. It was spotty on WiFi earlier tonight and now it just doesn't work at all.

mnjcafe
02-17-15, 06:03 PM
Same thing happening again today. :(

rangeret
02-24-15, 03:34 AM
(I've amended the title from Online Access today, to just Access to CS as this is an ongoing issue.... SW) 11 Feb

Anyone else having trouble gaining access to TL games this evening?

Having trouble logging in - says I am not connected to the internet, but other non-team lava games requiring access are available. ????

concalma
02-24-15, 05:01 AM
Someone can help me, please? I'm at Level 43 and since two days the game crashes so I can't play 😱. My 🆔concalma. Thank you.

meme1098
02-24-15, 07:08 AM
What device are you playing on? If it's an older one (i.e. Ipad2) it will have problems with newer games. Force close all apps running in the background, clear your cache through Safari in Settings. Check your 'Usage' in the General Settings & delete any apps, photos, videos, etc using major memory on your device. If you have a major photo file, you might want to transfer to your computer through iCloud so you can back them up on disk there. If none of these suggestions help, it might be time to upgrade your device.
Good luck!

meme1098
02-24-15, 07:13 AM
Trying force closing & clearing your cache, turning wifi on your device off, rebooting your device & then turning the wifi back on. Also, restarting your device sometimes will clear up a lot of glitchy problems. Gives the OS on your device a chance to reorganize itself.

ashliejb
02-24-15, 01:18 PM
My game has been crashing lately too. I'm on a new iPhone 6. I think the game is just having problems.