PDA

View Full Version : Do away with the Mystery Boxes..Tired of getting stuff I don't want

nightshine7
01-27-15, 11:12 AM
Change the Mystery Box to Select An Item Box..and let US choose what WE want. Twenty four gems is a big waste when getting something we don't want.

meme1098
01-27-15, 11:54 AM
Are you talking about Restaurant Story 2? Bakery Story does not have mystery boxes. You can pick what you want to gift.

twospoons
01-27-15, 12:50 PM
he or she means the boxes, not officially called mystery but often referred to as that since you can't tell which of several items you're going to get when you purchase a box for 24 gems.

and while i agree it can be a waste (which is why i stick to boxes where i like at least 85% of the content, except for once in a while when i'm feeling lucky) if you could select your item, it wouldn't be a box, it would just be regular decor. also, TL would go out of business and you wouldn't have a game to play at all.

aiyoosha
01-27-15, 01:11 PM
they should make the odds of winning more higher.

pieandcream
01-27-15, 01:27 PM
easy solution: don't buy em!

twospoons
01-27-15, 01:51 PM
they should make the odds of winning more higher.

did they do that somewhere? i thought i saw a post in maybe the fashion story forum that said something about changing the odds, but i didn't pay any attention since i don't buy boxes in that game. (or i'm just making things up--always a valid possibility!)

aiyoosha
01-27-15, 01:59 PM
did they do that somewhere? i thought i saw a post in maybe the fashion story forum that said something about changing the odds, but i didn't pay any attention since i don't buy boxes in that game. (or i'm just making things up--always a valid possibility!)

yh they did it for the supply cube box in fashion story.

kooky panda
01-27-15, 02:03 PM
No I do not think they have changed the odds with the boxes. I will double check.

aiyoosha
01-27-15, 02:14 PM
No I do not think they have changed the odds with the boxes. I will double check.

it was in last weeks update on fashion story, the odds were increased. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77584-Fashion-Story-Update-1-20-2015&p=1039495&viewfull=1#post1039495 u see

78story
01-27-15, 02:34 PM
I don't thing they should do away with the boxes. They should hire better designers to make lower placed items closer to the price paid. The first time I opened a box I won a stone and didn't touch another box for a veryyyyy long time - until I learned the way boxes worked.... if I hadn't won such a terrible prize for the price i m sure I would have been curious to spend more gems opening boxes.

FrozenTurtle
01-27-15, 02:51 PM
yh they did it for the supply cube box in fashion story.

This was a special one-time change to celebrate our Fashion Story: Arena Fierce (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.fashionstory41) edition on Google Play. Sorry for the confusion! Bakery Story (and future Fashion Story boxes) will continue with the regular drop rates.

aiyoosha
01-27-15, 03:08 PM
This was a special one-time change to celebrate our Fashion Story: Arena Fierce (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.fashionstory41) edition on Google Play. Sorry for the confusion! Bakery Story (and future Fashion Story boxes) will continue with the regular drop rates.

yh i kno i was just saying how i wish they would do that with all the boxes and i answered her question about them doing it before with this box. sorry for any confusions.

orleansparish
01-27-15, 03:12 PM
Why should they? Those of us who pay their bills like them and spend tons of real money on them. I know players who spend hundreds monthly to get what they want. As someone said, don't open them. It's their bread, butter and some bacon on the side too.

The odds are the odds and we can use our gems on guaranteed decor for sale outright. But we don't want to do just that. We want those wow pieces that will have people leaving nice comments on our walls, asking where we got it from. That is the game. The gamble. The fun of it all.

NoWayCupcake
01-27-15, 03:57 PM
Honestly, I think the LEAST they could do is make sure every single item available in a box is truly worth 24 gems. If the boxes didn't feel like such a huge loss when you got a worthless item I would play more. A win win so to speak, would be nice. Players pay money for gems, TL is happy, and we get a nice surprise item worth 24 gems! The boxes are definitely for gamblers and risk takers! Not my cup of tea.

78story
01-27-15, 04:41 PM
Couldn't agree more. ^^

If the boxes were filled with nice items we would all be encouraged to try them and would even look forward to box updates. Rather, there are numerous posts warning others to avoid them and others who have sworn off them alltogether. Imagine a glorious box with nice 4th place items and absolutely GORGEOUS first and second place items. I bet it would make tons of money!. If boxes like that existed, I'd buy more gems just for boxes.

filochick1982
01-27-15, 04:49 PM
Honestly, I think the LEAST they could do is make sure every single item available in a box is truly worth 24 gems. If the boxes didn't feel like such a huge loss when you got a worthless item I would play more. A win win so to speak, would be nice. Players pay money for gems, TL is happy, and we get a nice surprise item worth 24 gems! The boxes are definitely for gamblers and risk takers! Not my cup of tea.

If they made every single item worth 24 gems, that would actually decrease their gem sales. Why? If you were satisfied with EVERY single item you won from a box every time you opened it, you wouldn't open it as often because there is no one single prize for you to covet, because you like everything equally. You wouldn't need to "keep trying" for the first place prize, would you? Therefore once you get a few nice items, you would be less inclined to open the same box again, which results in a decrease in gem purchases overall. There are players who literally spend thousands of dollars getting first place prizes. This wouldn't happen at all if all prizes were deemed "worthy" of 24 gems.

Natasha_07
01-27-15, 05:17 PM
People gamble on boxes knowing the risk for most of the times 1 or 2 things they want, so with let's say 10 items in a box for example and they only like 1, if they're big spenders then it's most likely they will take the plunge as many times as needed for that special ONE. :)

This trend only encourages gem buyers which is good for business!

You can always get the nice ones once a year on BF or randomly offered for 49-70 gems. Keep a lookout, that's how I got my haunted houses after the boxes were retired 2 years ago. I paid 70 gems but they were totally worth it in BS & RS less cheaper.

silverblue77
01-27-15, 11:41 PM
The very least they should do is make it to were we get a different item every time, not repeat items. As far as making money, please! The amount that is spent by players is staggering. That is just from me and I do not buy the boxes BC of repeat items. They can and should make it more fair for us.

filochick1982
01-28-15, 02:51 AM
The very least they should do is make it to were we get a different item every time, not repeat items. As far as making money, please! The amount that is spent by players is staggering. That is just from me and I do not buy the boxes BC of repeat items. They can and should make it more fair for us.

And by no repeats, the most someone will open a box is 9 times because there are 9 different prizes, unless you want duplicates of a particular item. This severely limits the amount of times anyone will open the same box, which results in less gem sales for TL. As if they would allow that. They don't need to make anything " fair" about these boxes - this is what's keeping them in business. It's your choice whether you gamble on them or not. That's the whole point of the boxes. Otherwise, why not just offer everything up on the general market?

78story
01-28-15, 10:50 AM
If they made every single item worth 24 gems, that would actually decrease their gem sales.

The poster never posted to make every item in the box worth 24 gem. They said make each item worth "at least" 24 gems. Given that reasoning keeping the same structure of prizes given; first place would be worth around 70-80 gems. That keeps the same system in place and everyone wins. The only thing that has changed is people wouldn't feel crumby after 4th place is won. Would they keep trying for 1st place? Yes of course! - There's an 80gem prize for first place.

They are just pixels after all... all they need is better designed items in the boxes....

For instance, this weeks update is filled with great things. If those were in a box (minus tables/chairs k wall items) plus the better prizes from last weeks box, that would make a pretty amazing new box that more people would try to open.

NoWayCupcake
01-28-15, 12:58 PM
The poster never posted to make every item in the box worth 24 gem. They said make each item worth "at least" 24 gems. Given that reasoning keeping the same structure of prizes given; first place would be worth around 70-80 gems. That keeps the same system in place and everyone wins. The only thing that has changed is people wouldn't feel crumby after 4th place is won. Would they keep trying for 1st place? Yes of course! - There's an 80gem prize for first place.

Yes, precisely! Thank you :)

filochick1982
01-28-15, 02:16 PM
But then what would be the point of the boxes in the first place? There's an element of gambling involved with these boxes. You risk getting a dud item but you have a go hoping that you don't. That's the point. Having all items worth at least 24 gems removes that risk altogether. You're also less likely to try the box several times because you would be at least happy to receive some great 4th place prizes and if your gems were limited, then it wouldn't matter. Goes back to my original point of this idea limiting the times people open the same box.

They are just pixels after all... all they need is better designed items in the boxes....

For instance, this weeks update is filled with great things. If those were in a box (minus tables/chairs k wall items) plus the better prizes from last weeks box, that would make a pretty amazing new box that more people would try to open.

LightAndLove83
01-30-15, 11:29 AM

Why do intellectuals always over think things? So I get what is being said here. Simply put, the items that are offered in the box as 4th, 3rd, and 2nd place, need to be just good enough to entice you to try for first, but not bad enough to push you away all together. I wanted the duck fountain out of one of the Boxes, but because I got two of the Blah looking cherry cabinets, I just decided it wasn't worth it. And truthfully, depending on the design someone is going for, they may still go after the box several times because they might want more then just one of a certain item!
I see both sides and understand how letting people choose what they want, or making the odds better, might well encourage people to stop after only one attempt if they got 1st prize right off the bat or they could pick the item they wanted, instead of spending 100's or 1000's of gems, thereby encouraging gem purchases. But if you want to encourage even more sales from people with less financial means, you have to throw them a bone. Besides..I thought the idea of making money was to get as many customers as possible. I mean after all, even customers who dont spend as much money, spend some! If I'm trying to get people's money, I'll take the million dollar spender but I want that twenty dollar spender too Cuz 1 penny or a 100 dollars..it's all money in my pocket!

twospoons
01-30-15, 05:31 PM
i think calling prizes "worth 24 gems" is misleading language, given that the value of the prizes is opinion. i would never pay gems at all for that coffee carousel (apologies, don't remember the actual name, but the 1x1 table with the little pods you can use to make individual cups of coffee), but it's in the regular marketplace for like 45 gems.

but i do wish for some improvement in the lowest-ranked items. basically, i don't think that any of them should be so small that they get completely lost when you put them out. good 4th place, along with great 3rd/2nd and fantastic 1st place prizes in a box make it far more likely that i would buy that box many many times (and more importantly, the gems needed to open it). "duds" stop me in my tracks.

but obviously, that's just me. who's to say how the story-playing world at large buys boxes or doesn't buy boxes or only buys boxes when they've earned enough gems or whatever. maybe TL will do a few more economic experiments.

sally_brown
01-30-15, 11:10 PM
i think calling prizes "worth 24 gems" is misleading language, given that the value of the prizes is opinion.I agree with that. I very rarely open boxes, but when I look at the posts showing what's in them, often times, it's the lower level items that I'd rather have.

ojapple96
01-31-15, 10:52 AM
I've been having "bad" luck with the candy box - I want the lowly 4th prize mint tree - been trying since Christmas and I keep getting 2nd prizes that I don't want :(

steelersbabyyy
01-31-15, 11:49 AM
i just tried opening the love basket and I'm now stuck with 7 of those love puppys. what am I going to do with 7 love puppys?????

ojapple96
01-31-15, 07:16 PM
i just tried opening the love basket and I'm now stuck with 7 of those love puppys. what am I going to do with 7 love puppys?????

OK you win that's a way worse outcome than what I've had sorry that really stinks. I wish there was at least someway to ensure you would not get more than 2 of anyone item in a box if opened consecutively that would at least help.

PrairieGrass
02-02-15, 02:27 PM
I wish when one tapped on a box, a pop-up would appear showing all the possible prizes and the likelihood of getting each prize ( common to rare), and then a confirmation box asking if you wanted to purchase or take a chance on a prize. The boxes are the worst gem trap for a new player, because unlike other design tab decor items that say "tap again to buy," with the boxes you purchase just from tapping just once and you don't know what you might get unless you come to these forums first. It happened to me when I was just scrolling through and my stylus slipped off the little arrows onto a box. Another time the pop ups that occur when you first log onto the game each day got me. Of course the purchase button is on the right side for us right handers and the no thanks on the left side. I've read over and over again on this forum about the desire for confirmation buttons with gem purchases, and this is one area where it is definitely needed to be fair to new or uninformed players. Let the buyer beware is not a nice business practice on these games.
It would be nice if 2 or 3 of each item was the maximum one would get when repeatedly opening the same box.

zaaracake
02-06-15, 11:43 AM
Couldn't agree more. ^^

If the boxes were filled with nice items we would all be encouraged to try them and would even look forward to box updates. Rather, there are numerous posts warning others to avoid them and others who have sworn off them alltogether. Imagine a glorious box with nice 4th place items and absolutely GORGEOUS first and second place items. I bet it would make tons of money!. If boxes like that existed, I'd buy more gems just for boxes.

That is true...maybe TL will try different combinations sometime soon

Loverrosz
02-15-15, 01:10 PM
I loved the Black Friday promotion in 2013! They were selling very good stuff from the mistery boxes...there were rare items that I have loved and I boght many of them...of course with gems but you could choose...

MoonDollarsCafe
02-16-15, 12:27 PM
I have 14 ice yetis, and 13 ice climbers, 8 ice queen guards, 5 huskies, and 8 ice climber camps...all from the ice crate >.< i've never had such bad luck and kinda hate myself for trying again and again

filochick1982
02-16-15, 04:26 PM
I have 14 ice yetis, and 13 ice climbers, 8 ice queen guards, 5 huskies, and 8 ice climber camps...all from the ice crate >.< i've never had such bad luck and kinda hate myself for trying again and again

I feel for you. I've had more bad luck than good luck with the boxes too, trust me.

patzycorona
02-18-15, 03:29 AM

i totally agrree w u (:... exactly if we take da decision to waste our money in gems dey should at least put big things in da mistery boxes so we can understand why they cost 24 GEMS...