PDA

View Full Version : RS2 Update- 1-27-15 Version 2.1.5.

wranglerrrr
01-26-15, 09:41 PM
Update for Messages Wall (FT)

The messages wall is fixed in our recent update Restaurant Story 2, v1.5.11 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id814656403). Please check the App Store to download the update!

Hey everyone! Quick update: the messages dialog is still blank and we'll need to submit a new version to fix that. But you should now be auto accepting all your gifts when you login to the game. You have not lost any of your gifts. Keep and eye out for a dialog letting you know what you received! Sorry for the inconvenience!

So I got the new update with the feature to master recipes. I quickly mastered the Eggs and French toast and expected to get some gems or something like the other story games but got nothing. Is there a reward or is it just there to be there?

Edit(KP)- Message screen blank

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/45C15049-4DEC-456B-A7C7-59736803F451_zpsrrefglu3.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/45C15049-4DEC-456B-A7C7-59736803F451_zpsrrefglu3.png.html)

missmilliesfarm
01-26-15, 09:46 PM
I have this too and curious..... What's it all about?

HarunaMin
01-27-15, 03:36 AM
This update is terrible, my message wall kept blank ever since!
And yeah, the master thing seems to be pointless.

wranglerrrr
01-27-15, 05:20 AM
Who knows. Maybe a staff member will chime in soon?

skyylark
01-27-15, 06:51 AM
I am also having the same problem! My message wall has been blank since the update :( I can't even check my gifts :confused:

kooky panda
01-27-15, 08:57 AM
My message wall is also blank. I will check on that plus the mastering.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/45C15049-4DEC-456B-A7C7-59736803F451_zpsrrefglu3.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/45C15049-4DEC-456B-A7C7-59736803F451_zpsrrefglu3.png.html)

mamareader02
01-27-15, 09:11 AM
So no gems for mastering?waste of time/materials then,some recipes I don't do because they are a waste of long timed materials,actually liked the fact this version(RS2)didn't require mastering like the original,more freedom to cook what I wanted,I really disliked cooking just to hit a certain number,I wished they would've put some energy into opening up at least one of the "coming soon" areas in this update

kooky panda
01-27-15, 09:50 AM
Not sure yet. Hopefully this is just a glitch with the mastering. We should hear something back from a CM shortly!

mamareader02
01-27-15, 10:12 AM
Not sure yet. Hopefully this is just a glitch with the mastering. We should hear something back from a CM shortly!

Actually,I hope it isn't a glitch-I really don't want to do some recipes that are a waste of ingredients,one gem isn't worth using my onions or mushrooms on a lousy payoff recipe

wranglerrrr
01-27-15, 10:17 AM
Actually,I hope it isn't a glitch-I really don't want to do some recipes that are a waste of ingredients,one gem isn't worth using my onions or mushrooms on a lousy payoff recipe

I honestly wouldn't mind the mastering for a gem or two. I don't buy gems so it doesn't bother me. That's just my opinion though.

mamareader02
01-27-15, 10:24 AM
I honestly wouldn't mind the mastering for a gem or two. I don't buy gems so it doesn't bother me. That's just my opinion though.

It is good for those who don't buy-I just don't want to use my mushrooms or onions on recipes that aren't great on coins/quantity,if those long times items had shorter times,then I wouldn't mind,but what's great about these games is that everyone has their own personal ways to play,whatever floats their boat:)

missmilliesfarm
01-27-15, 11:07 AM
Also, my restaurant seems to empty out whenever I am not actually playing the game... I shut it down for close to 10 hours and all of my counters were still full of what I prepared the night before. I didn't earn anything in that time period. Even just visiting the community, I return to an empty restaurant.....

wranglerrrr
01-27-15, 11:24 AM
Ugh I know what you mean. I'm lvl 28, so I haven't been able to get the mushrooms yet, but I run out of onions so quickly. :(

morningstarguitar
01-27-15, 12:07 PM
I don't think I have this update :(. No mention of mastering anything, and my message board still functions as it should.

Aha, just realized I had to download it. I'll check it out a bit later then.

Classic70
01-27-15, 12:26 PM
My message board has been blank ever since I installed the update. Any news when this will be fixed?

margarita1013
01-27-15, 12:28 PM
I just did the update; now I can't read my message wall. There's just a blank page, so I don't know who sent me gifts! 😡

[S8] Regina
01-27-15, 12:42 PM
I just did the update; now I can't read my message wall. There's just a blank page, so I don't know who sent me gifts! ��

Sorry about that! The team is currently investigating this issue, thank you for your patience!

kooky panda
01-27-15, 12:48 PM
Sorry guys, but currently, there are no rewards for mastery but I was told that there might be in the future.

magnoliatexas
01-27-15, 01:19 PM
Same issue here, how do I take a picture of this, when I click on camera all I can do is take a pic of the restaurant itself? Thanks, Viv:confused:

kooky panda
01-27-15, 01:37 PM
Same issue here, how do I take a picture of this, when I click on camera all I can do is take a pic of the restaurant itself? Thanks, Viv:confused:

See this thread:
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?38891-How-to-Post-a-Picture&p=442124&viewfull=1#post442124

wranglerrrr
01-27-15, 01:49 PM
Sorry guys, but currently, there are no rewards for mastery but I was told that there might be in the future.

Awww! :( Thank you for looking into it though!!!

amerirish
01-27-15, 01:58 PM

With all due respect, what's the point of mastering the recipes then? :confused:

infinitelove19
01-27-15, 03:55 PM
Remove my wall and give me goals with no reward... not exactly the update I was hoping for.
Guess I should have checked here rather than just updating blind. Update fail, TL. :-/

Bad enough, they really should hand out some free gems as compensation. And a quick fix would be good, too.

Buttercup0001
01-27-15, 06:20 PM
I had uncollected helping hands and coins in my newsfeed. Will I get these back?

FrozenTurtle
01-27-15, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone! Quick update: the messages dialog is still blank and we'll need to submit a new version to fix that. But you should now be auto accepting all your gifts when you login to the game. You have not lost any of your gifts. Keep and eye out for a dialog letting you know what you received! Sorry for the inconvenience!

frankfurt12
01-27-15, 09:00 PM
The new updated also says "Expand and decorate your restaurant with all new items in the market!" I haven't seen anything new, is this feature also still coming? I checked every section of the market also, counters, tables, decor, wall, floor, etc. Compared on a device that has been updated and a device that has not.

Jennerwein1
01-27-15, 09:24 PM
Remove my wall and give me goals with no reward... not exactly the update I was hoping for.
Guess I should have checked here rather than just updating blind. Update fail, TL. :-/

Bad enough, they really should hand out some free gems as compensation. And a quick fix would be good, too.
Agreed. And some of the goals seem a little on the high side. (40 baked potatoes, 50 Fajitas). To get them and the others will take till the next life (or two),lol. So I will just play as if they weren't there. How about a Valentine world event though? Like in other TL games. That would be nice.

Angelymer9
01-27-15, 11:14 PM
With all do respect for this lovely game, but... If there isn't a reward NOW for mastering recipies, but in the future there might be.... Aren't we going to loose on something (gems or....) if we master recipies now? I caught myself on this last night (in my country ;-)) that i'm hesistant on baking things, affraid to master it while there's nothing to win yet. Hmmm.. On the other hand, you cant compare this game with restaurant story, so... Hopefully the ones, like me, who updated already, aren't going to stay in the cold in this mather.

peg372010
01-27-15, 11:38 PM
I am having the same issue with the blank message screen and it is aggravating me. They ought to give us a bunch of gems to make up for this as well as getting this resolved as fast as they can.:mad:

mytwomoms
01-28-15, 01:50 AM
I've put the time to good use and now have a spreadsheet for recipies, just need a suggestion on where to store it to make it accessible to all

Puss5678
01-28-15, 02:31 AM
I also have a blank message board. I don't know about the recipe mastering as I haven't mastered a recipe yet. Also I keep getting "This game is not recognised in Game Centre." if you're logged into Game Centre.

Army8184
01-28-15, 05:41 AM
I have the same thing. Hope we hear something soon.

samus95
01-28-15, 07:46 AM
Same here....blank message board. Team lava, listening???

enaid03
01-28-15, 07:57 AM
I guess I am completely missing the point of this update.

1. You can master recipes, but you receive nothing for it.
2. There are new items in the market, but they are no where to be seen.
3. We now have a blank message board.
4. We auto receive gifts as a fix, but have no idea who sent them?

Will some of this or any of it be "fixed" in the new version?

brendanwangx10
01-28-15, 08:11 AM
Notification for incoming guests is working but the message board is blank, there is nothing...

gravityx9
01-28-15, 08:16 AM
With the blank message board, I can't see who has visited or accept the gifts that are sent to me.

Two days now since the new 'mastering' thing started.
I can't reciprocate to the gift givers and since I can only send three gifts daily,
I want it to be to those who sent me something.

Is there an email we can contact or does TeamLava Support check on the threads regularly?

mamareader02
01-28-15, 08:30 AM

TL is aware of the problems,hopefully they are working quickly to fix them

alexmonica
01-28-15, 08:35 AM
I haven't received any dialog

mamareader02
01-28-15, 10:05 AM
Also noticed since update that the game is having a lot of connection issues(the pop up that says this is an Internet game,you need connection,blah,blah),and yet my wifi connection is just fine

Putrlady
01-28-15, 10:13 AM

I appreciate knowing TL is aware of the issue, but I would really like to know approximately how long we will have to wait for the update. A day, a week, a month?

kooky panda
01-28-15, 11:12 AM
I appreciate knowing TL is aware of the issue, but I would really like to know approximately how long we will have to wait for the update. A day, a week, a month?
A exact time is hard to pin down when you are talking about a version update, but I am sure that will try to get this out to us as soon as they can.

kooky panda
01-28-15, 11:13 AM
I haven't received any dialog
Try restarting your game.

If no one has sent you any gifts, then you will not receive this message. This message pops up to tell you that you did receive some gifts and they were automatically accepted.

Army8184
01-28-15, 01:30 PM
How do you restart the game?

staffygirl
01-28-15, 02:51 PM

I agree. I'm checking in here daily for news, as well as checking the App Store Updates every few hours in the hope that I see it. Extremely frustrating.

kooky panda
01-28-15, 03:36 PM
How do you restart the game?

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS)

c4r3n
01-28-15, 03:40 PM
Will the game auto accept gifts from now on or is that temporary? I don't really care to receive coins as that is all I received today and I normally accept gifts only from neighbors with three or four hearts.

Army8184
01-28-15, 04:16 PM
Didn't work! ��

FrozenTurtle
01-28-15, 06:20 PM
I agree. I'm checking in here daily for news, as well as checking the App Store Updates every few hours in the hope that I see it. Extremely frustrating.

This will all depend on Apple. The general turnaround time for an app being approved is one week, but that can sometimes be less or more.

Will the game auto accept gifts from now on or is that temporary? I don't really care to receive coins as that is all I received today and I normally accept gifts only from neighbors with three or four hearts.

The auto-accept fix is only temporary to make sure you all get to continue using your gifts that you receive. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

Didn't work! ��

If you're referring to restarting your game to level 1, that's unfortunately not available at this time. Kooky panda was providing instructions on how to restart your app. Hope this helps! :)

Army8184
01-28-15, 07:11 PM
I have a 1 over my message board, but when I click on it, it is still blank.

Putrlady
01-28-15, 07:36 PM
This will all depend on Apple. The general turnaround time for an app being approved is one week, but that can sometimes be less or more.

Does that mean the update is complete and has been submitted to Apple?

WinnyWoos
01-28-15, 08:39 PM

Oh so this is now on Apple? Hmm..interesting

infinitelove19
01-29-15, 12:54 AM

That is how I understood it. Could be hours or days until we see it, though.

I am thankful I ddn't update my secondary device, as I can still go on there periodically to gift back and visit.

nixa111
01-29-15, 07:14 AM
Cmmon TeamLava fix it! :p

Jennerwein1
01-29-15, 11:51 AM
Wasn't this update thoroughly tested before it was unleashed?

deucedeuce22
01-29-15, 05:47 PM
Mastery quests are now up. I got one for steak and eggs and French toast, there's a progress bar after you complete each one. I finished both of them but nothing new came up.

EDIT-- finishing the progress bar unlocks a new recipe called BitterBallen

mcmug17
01-29-15, 05:48 PM
So I just got a few quests related to the gold stars. I just mastered Fried Egg to Ravioli. Now I have to make French Toast x5 again... Come on... Don't you see I've already gotten a gold star for it and just give the prize to me?

HarunaMin
01-29-15, 06:33 PM
I have a 1 over my message board, but when I click on it, it is still blank.
this should mean that you have 1 new neighbour invite, please check your neighbour list, i think you will find a request there. :)

mamareader02
01-29-15, 06:48 PM
Posting this on 2 difft threads,not postitive it's because of update(but pretty sure as it came after update)-I have 2 different stacks of parfait hogging up counters!(neither one is spiced)

staffygirl
01-29-15, 09:03 PM
So I just got a few quests related to the gold stars. I just mastered Fried Egg to Ravioli. Now I have to make French Toast x5 again... Come on... Don't you see I've already gotten a gold star for it and just give the prize to me?

I'm in the same situation. I thought it would acknowledge the mastery automatically.

jahnormous
01-30-15, 06:24 AM
Hey wranglerrrr... Still trying to send a gift to you everyday even though therenisnno message board. Hate to lose a good exchange partner due to the wall glitch.

-burnt toast

cquinn32
01-30-15, 08:53 AM
Hope they get this message wall fixed soon!! It's frustrating not knowing who's sending gifts.

FrozenTurtle
01-30-15, 12:20 PM
I'm in the same situation. I thought it would acknowledge the mastery automatically.

Sorry for the confusion! This goal is asking specifically to serve 5 French Toast. The next goal will ask you to master it and it should recognize your progress once you reach it.

sgtpete
01-31-15, 08:15 AM
I thought for sure Mastery would have a time or ingredients reduction if not a coin increase. After taking screen shot of the recipe before and after I was disappointed to find they are still exactly the same. What the point then? Just another way to use gems with no purpose.

infinitelove19
02-02-15, 07:47 PM

I haven't seen this goal yet. Any idea what triggers it? Did you achieve the Bitterballen goal already?

kooky panda
02-03-15, 11:05 AM
I haven't seen this goal yet. Any idea what triggers it? Did you achieve the Bitterballen goal already?
Have you downloaded the new version update 2.1.5.?

infinitelove19
02-03-15, 02:40 PM
Have you downloaded the new version update 2.1.5.?

I don't know how to check whoch version I have, but I have the latest update (menu is back.)
I am at level 46 & have the goals "Chateau Oven" and "Frans's Family Recipe".
Have not yet mastered either fried eggs or ravioli.

FrozenTurtle
02-03-15, 02:55 PM
Hope they get this message wall fixed soon!! It's frustrating not knowing who's sending gifts.

The messages wall is fixed in our recent update Restaurant Story 2, v1.5.11 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id814656403). Please check the App Store to download the update!