PDA

View Full Version : Fey Crystals drop while collecting Crops?

55lee55
01-26-15, 09:54 AM
I have noticed recently that Fey Crystals are dropping occasionally while I am collecting crops. Since I have been looking for them I have noticed them while collecting Strawberries and Tomatoes. I don't remember this happening before Kaz returned but I might have just missed it.

Has anyone else been collecting Fey Crystals while farming? Could this be the work of Faries? Will we be needing a large collection of these crystals in the future?

Have these crops always dropped Fey Crystals and I just missed it or is there something fishy going on with the crops? I haven't noticed if they drop from other crops. Maybe they only drop from red crops?

Did I miss something?

Thanks folks!

Castloninian
01-26-15, 10:44 AM
I have had fey crystals from crops before but I haven't paid enough attention to figure out whether you only get them from certain crops. They are pretty rare to get (for me anyway).

Liloze
01-26-15, 11:15 AM
Yes the Fey Crystals drop from almost all kinds of crops.
The only one I remember not dropping them is cabbage, if memory serves me right. :)

Oh yes you will need tons of Fey Crystals once you reach the faerie goals, Workshop, etc...
Nope there's nothing fishy and the faeries definitely have nothing to do with them lol :)

shambalaya
01-26-15, 12:59 PM
I believe the fey crystals only start dropping once you have completed the agriculture shard quest (the one which also gives you energy back when harvesting). It's that "mysterious other effects" mentioned in in goals. Same with the one with water/mermaid scales and monster drops, you get fey crystals from those sources after competing the shard quests.

PurpleScorpion76
01-26-15, 01:25 PM
I've been getting fey crystals from the early days of the game for me long before a knowledge shard. I haven't used 1 yet, I've only just reached level 50 in the last couple of weeks and I got my 71st fey crystal yesterday. I've also played slowly but levelled quickly by visiting neighbours and am only just building my Royal Maze, so a way to go yet for needing for faerie supplies. So very rare, rarer than gold nuggets in my opinion if it wasn't for the greedy baron gold column goal or the gold rings at Christmas and a couple of other goals I would have reached 100 nuggets by now.

Edit: at least I believe before the knowledge shard. But it was so long ago now I may be wrong. But then I did get all of my knowledge shards fairly quickly.

AuntyRose32
01-26-15, 03:58 PM
I got all my knowledge shards early on in the game and fairly quickly too, I've been getting fey crystals dropping from crops since then, rare but they do drop. Can't say from what crops exactly, I don't pay close enough attention.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-27-15, 09:12 AM
Yeah, they've been dropping for awhile, you may have just missed seeing them in your crop collections.
Back in the Fall when all the new faerie stuff started to appear, a whole thread was started about fey crystals & faerie murmurs & where to find em.
Here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73344-Faerie-murmurs-fey-crystals-and-new-faerie-items