PDA

View Full Version : Known Name More Than 8 Characters

Jnny2good
01-24-15, 03:56 PM
Not sure if this is a bug, or working as designed. Some of the standard names that are given to dragons are longer than 8 characters (like Charlemagne) but if I try to edit the names, I can't type anything longer than 8. It would be nice if we could use more than 8 characters to name dragons.

Update:

Sorry guys, but 8 characters is the max limit for dragon names. :(

[S8] Regina
01-26-15, 11:53 AM
Not sure if this is a bug, or working as designed. Some of the standard names that are given to dragons are longer than 8 characters (like Charlemagne) but if I try to edit the names, I can't type anything longer than 8. It would be nice if we could use more than 8 characters to name dragons.

Thanks for the report! We'll send this over to the team for investigation.

blueangel826
02-17-16, 02:41 PM
This limit of 8 characters when renaming my dragons is a big pain & only for those of us who play on Android. SO unfair but has been this way since I started playing the last wk of June 2015! I rename them to their type since I don't recognize pics of each one. Read a gr8 idea under Discussions to add # hrs evolution @ end of name, but Android players don't have that ability & it's unfair. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is comparable to iPhone 6. Storm8 needs to assure that each of their games are identical regardless of what device each customer plays on! It's VERY sad to feel I'm denied so many things since I'm "Android." Can't have Arctic Isles, but Android players are equal customers making money for Storm8 buying gold/gems with hard earned cash! Think about it. ..

kooky panda
02-17-16, 02:49 PM
This limit of 8 characters when renaming my dragons is a big pain & only for those of us who play on Android. SO unfair but has been this way since I started playing the last wk of June 2015! I rename them to their type since I don't recognize pics of each one. Read a gr8 idea under Discussions to add # hrs evolution @ end of name, but Android players don't have that ability & it's unfair. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is comparable to iPhone 6. Storm8 needs to assure that each of their games are identical regardless of what device each customer plays on! It's VERY sad to feel I'm denied so many things since I'm "Android." Can't have Arctic Isles, but Android players are equal customers making money for Storm8 buying gold/gems with hard earned cash! Think about it. ..

iOS players are also limited to only 8 Characters.

MajicHearts
12-02-16, 09:02 AM
Hello, has anything been done for this request? We still cannot use more then eight (8) characters...

kooky panda
12-02-16, 09:23 AM
I am thinking that 8 will be the limit but I will check on this request.

kooky panda
12-02-16, 11:46 AM

MajicHearts
12-09-16, 08:33 AM
Thanks anyway!

flemlion
03-05-17, 02:01 AM

The strange thing is I have a dragon 'Guinevere' which comes to a 9 character name.
It's was the proposed/default name.
But it's impossible to give any other dragon that name.

maryamhjm
03-17-17, 01:01 PM
It would be nice if it can be changed as I to name my dragons by type as it gets confusing if you have lots of dragons.

preinsko
11-21-18, 10:44 AM
I also would like 10 or 12 character names I rename mine with type and time so robin becomes SR-rob10. It only became a big pain when I had to add type for disenchantment.