PDA

View Full Version : Lily checks the toolbox not the pantry

nmishii
01-24-15, 11:42 AM
My toolbox is full but my pantry is not. When I tap on Lily she says my pantry is full and a pop up displays showing my toolbox is full. Then, soon after she keeps coming back to try to give me another spice (which I like) and tells me my pantry is full. This is repetitive.

Thinking back, once my pantry was full but my toolbox was not. Lily put a spice in my pantry and my pantry was then one over the max.

i believe Lily is checking the toolbox count instead of the pantry count. Real easy to look for and fix.

FrozenTurtle
01-26-15, 11:50 AM
Sorry for the confusion! The Herbs (Basil, Garlic, and Ginger) are stored in the Pantry. The Seeds are stored in the Tool Box. Lily has a chance to drop both items. To avoid getting this message, we suggest ensuring you always have room in both. You can upgrade your current size or check out this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76678-Pantry-Toolbox-at-Capacity-How-to-Delete-Items) for more info on how to trash items from your Pantry or Tool Box.

nmishii
01-27-15, 04:03 AM
Yes, it is confusing. Because she told me my pantry was full when it was not. If she had told me my toolbox was full I wouldn't have had a problem because it was. And what she says is full should match what the pop up says is full, which was not the case.

There is a problem here whether you want to admit it or not. Sorry for the confusion.

nmishii
01-30-15, 02:42 PM
Okay, it happened again. The original post was from the previous RS2 version, the last one that displayed the newsfeed. I upgraded my pantry/toolbox and on Wednesday it happened again on the current version, the one with the blank newsfeed.

On the first screenshot you can see Lily tells me my pantry is full (it is not) and displays that my toolbox is full (it is). This is wrong and makes you guys look stupid.

On the second screenshot it shows my pantry is not full (65).

Now once Lily notices I'm full, she'll keep coming in and try to give me something, and screenshot 1 happens over and over.

Then I upgraded my pantry/toolbox. On the third screenshot it shows that she gave me a garlic and it went into my pantry (66). If she was going to keep telling me my toolbox was full, she could have at least given me a seed.

You can fix this or choose not to. I really don't care. After the initial response I was not happy that you didn't believe me and gave me an answer like I didn't know how to play the game.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469/nmishii/IMG_0031_zps159b4cce.png (http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/nmishii/media/IMG_0031_zps159b4cce.png.html)

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469/nmishii/IMG_0032_zpsf00dadf9.png (http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/nmishii/media/IMG_0032_zpsf00dadf9.png.html)

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469/nmishii/IMG_0033_zps39668d3e.png (http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/nmishii/media/IMG_0033_zps39668d3e.png.html)

FrozenTurtle
01-30-15, 03:23 PM
Sorry for the confusion before and thanks for the additional information! I've forwarded this to the team to take a look at. Thanks! :)

ElaineCarrel
02-16-15, 07:17 PM
SORRY

I KNOW THIS WAS POSTED SOMEWHERE ELSE AWHILE AGO BUT I COULD NOT FIND IT SO THAT IS Y I POSTED IT AGAIN.

Y does the garlic and basil count affect the toolbox count? I don't understand y the spices being dropped affect the toolbox and not the pantry. I was trying to collect the spices, garli and basil, so I could make another simple spice to use and I had to toss a couple of toos from CID so they could b dropped. Shouldn they're placed in the Pantry y do u have to delete tools? I'm only lvl 18 so I don't have much space in either place.

HELP

queentina3
02-16-15, 08:45 PM
Are you using the Valentine's day version of the game as it isn't happening to me. Only the Valentine cards are affecting the toolbox, or the seeds, but not the actual spices themselves, those are within my pantry and count towards that exclusively.

nmishii
02-16-15, 09:03 PM
It happens because they don't do a thorough job of coding and testing their code. Basic testing should have caught this.

i reported this in a thread and was told how to play the game. So I reported to support and the next day posted a screenshot on the forum. Within a few hours support responded that it was a known problem (yeah, right) and they would fix it soon.

queentina3
02-16-15, 09:32 PM
So it is only affecting a few players? I'd think coding like that would affect everyone and not just a sub-set. :confused:

nmishii
02-16-15, 11:10 PM
The spices do go into the pantry. But when your toolbox is full Lily won't drop anything and tell you your pantry is full, which is incorrect. Then the full toolbox pop up at the top displays. Because of the low drop rate of seeds, it highly unlikely she was going to drop seeds. You then have to delete something from your toolbox and lily will drop a spice in your pantry.

PraxisOfGood
02-17-15, 06:05 AM
So it is only affecting a few players? I'd think coding like that would affect everyone and not just a sub-set. :confused:

Nearly everyone "solves" the problem by never letting their toolbox get full. A full toolbox will always be bad for Cid, your most frequent special customer. So it is something that will always demand your immediate attention no matter how much it interrupts your other special customers.

tiggerhobbes
02-17-15, 07:06 AM
Actually, I am pretty sure Lilly only walks out on you if she's trying to drop a seed and your toolbox happens to be full. I am 99% certain that she still drops me herbs when I have a full toolbox (or full pantry for that matter, I end up with 131 items) and only walks out once in a while, presumably because she's trying to drop seeds.

At which point I kick myself violently. Next expansion takes 30 seeds, in the mean time 29 seeds sit in my toolbox taking up space for close to a week with no further seed-drops. Seriously tempted to gem through that last seed required.

queentina3
02-17-15, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the explanation PraxisofGood and nmishii. I've never had mine full so it is probably why I haven't noticed it happening to me yet. Though that may change as I'm having to sit on these 40 valentines for quite a while. :(

tiggerhobbes, I actually had to delete seeds the other day *cringes* as Cid still hadn't dropped me a shovel. Well that's changed and now he has and my next garden expansion calls for 3 shovels and 10 seeds. :rolleyes: I wish I could give them to you instead of having to delete them. I had almost 35 at one point. *winces*

enaid03
02-17-15, 07:45 AM
Well, my toolbox is at the max capacity and has been for sometime. Each time I see one of the three people I need to figure out what the best thing to delete is to allow the drop. Last time I deleted almost 10 planks one by one to find they are never dropped for me anymore.

tiggerhobbes
02-17-15, 07:50 AM
No wonder your place looks so seedy Queentina!!! (j/k)

I think they probably do this on purpose, I think last expansion needed 25 seeds or so and I had 24 seeds that just rained on me in no time, and then no seed for a week. I think it's some sort of algorithm that try to get players to use gem to finish the collection. Technically I could wait another week right? So nobody is forcing me. But this suddenly-no-seed-when-I'm-near-complete-set has recurred so many times for me that it's hard for me to think it's coincidental.

CID is a little nicer to me. I don't get enough nails but otherwise other items drop fairly evenly. I just have to rotate between deleting boards, blueprints and hammers to wait for that last seed.

nmishii
02-17-15, 12:28 PM
Actually, I am pretty sure Lilly only walks out on you if she's trying to drop a seed and your toolbox happens to be full. I am 99% certain that she still drops me herbs when I have a full toolbox (or full pantry for that matter, I end up with 131 items) and only walks out once in a while, presumably because she's trying to drop seeds.

At which point I kick myself violently. Next expansion takes 30 seeds, in the mean time 29 seeds sit in my toolbox taking up space for close to a week with no further seed-drops. Seriously tempted to gem through that last seed required.

Lily, Cid, and Frank return within a minute or so if full. When I got the full toolbox with lily I let her return 5 or 6 times and still got the full toolbox message. Then I deleted something from my toolbox and she dropped a garlic into my far from full pantry. She drops seeds so infrequently I can't believe she would have tried that many times in a roll.

Once my pantry was full and she dropped a spice and I was one over the max.

kooky panda
02-17-15, 12:37 PM
Merging two threads. I also will check on the status of this .

The spices do go into the pantry. But when your toolbox is full Lily won't drop anything and tell you your pantry is full, which is incorrect. Then the full toolbox pop up at the top displays. Because of the low drop rate of seeds, it highly unlikely she was going to drop seeds. You then have to delete something from your toolbox and lily will drop a spice in your pantry.

nmishii
02-17-15, 12:41 PM
Nearly everyone "solves" the problem by never letting their toolbox get full. A full toolbox will always be bad for Cid, your most frequent special customer. So it is something that will always demand your immediate attention no matter how much it interrupts your other special customers.

Yes, that should happen but I got lazy once I realized he comes back quick rather than losing out a turn and having to wait 30 min. Even so, it the game should still work correctly.

queentina3
02-17-15, 01:59 PM
Lily, Cid, and Frank return within a minute or so if full. When I got the full toolbox with lily I let her return 5 or 6 times and still got the full toolbox message. Then I deleted something from my toolbox and she dropped a garlic into my far from full pantry. She drops seeds so infrequently I can't believe she would have tried that many times in a roll.

Once my pantry was full and she dropped a spice and I was one over the max.

I have my 40 valentines needed to unlock the last two recipes once I reach that level, so when Frank stopped by earlier I ignored him. He ate, had his little pop-up, then left. A few minutes later he came back and I ignored him again, and again he ate, had his little pop-up and left. Then he came back again and I figured I'd never get rid of him if I didn't just accept the darn card, so I did, and he dropped two, then forcing me to go into my storage and delete them both as I don't want them affecting my tool storage and they already do by having 40 cards sitting there until I can get to the proper levels to use them.

I really, really WISH TL would fix it so that the Valentine Day Cards didn't reflect on our tool storage as that is really going to cause a problem as we continue to level our buildings or restaurant up as we need those 40 spaces for the ACTUAL TOOLS! :(

nmishii
02-17-15, 02:22 PM
I thought you just couldn't accept cards if your toolbox was full. Cards don't count as a tool.

I have 74 tools and 43 v cards, (117) and my toolbox capacity is 115. And yesterday I expanded and had more tools so I was way over capacity if combined.

It seems like maybe the same bad code for Lily was used for Frank, so neither can accept if the toolbox is full even though they aren't necessarily adding to the toolbox.

queentina3
02-17-15, 03:03 PM
I thought you just couldn't accept cards if your toolbox was full. Cards don't count as a tool.

I have 74 tools and 43 v cards, (117) and my toolbox capacity is 115. And yesterday I expanded and had more tools so I was way over capacity if combined.

It seems like maybe the same bad code for Lily was used for Frank, so neither can accept if the toolbox is full even though they aren't necessarily adding to the toolbox.

Right, Frank won't drop a card if your tool box is full and yes, the valentine cards do count towards the tool box according to TL. My tool box isn't full YET, but it will become an issue for me as I need to hold onto tools longer due to higher upgrades requiring more supplies, and with the Valentine Cards (40) sitting there until I can reach those desired levels....Well, they're going to get in the way.

So now, every time Frank drops a card or two, I have to go in and delete it right away, otherwise I may forget and my tool box will get full and then Cid won't drop me what I do actually need.

nmishii
02-17-15, 03:31 PM
Right, Frank won't drop a card if your tool box is full and yes, the valentine cards do count towards the tool box according to TL. My tool box isn't full YET, but it will become an issue for me as I need to hold onto tools longer due to higher upgrades requiring more supplies, and with the Valentine Cards (40) sitting there until I can reach those desired levels....Well, they're going to get in the way.

So now, every time Frank drops a card or two, I have to go in and delete it right away, otherwise I may forget and my tool box will get full and then Cid won't drop me what I do actually need.

Do you believe everything TL says? Yesterday my toolbox was near full and I had close to 40 cards and Frank and Cid still dropped. Count the individual items in your toolbox and you will see it matches your actual toolbox count and the cards aren't counted. I think Frank and Lily have the same problem where they won't drop if your toolbox is at capacity, a result of incorrect programming.

queentina3
02-17-15, 04:59 PM
Do you believe everything TL says? Yesterday my toolbox was near full and I had close to 40 cards and Frank and Cid still dropped. Count the individual items in your toolbox and you will see it matches your actual toolbox count and the cards aren't counted. I think Frank and Lily have the same problem where they won't drop if your toolbox is at capacity, a result of incorrect programming.

*slaps forehead*

You're right, why the heck am I believing them??? :o

I did as you said and you're right, it doesn't match up. So that is some good news for me then as I don't have to worry about these 40 cards using up the space I need for tools to expand shops/restaurant/street market....

Thanks nmishii, for smacking the sense back into me. :D

ElaineCarrel
02-17-15, 07:35 PM
So if I'm understanding distribution correctly the valentine cards R counted in the toolbox so if this is correct my toolbox total should b what I've got in my toolbox plus the number of cards I have. My toolbox has 15 items and I've got 3 cards but my toolbox total only reads 15. Is that right? In other words EVERYTIME I look at my toolbox total I've got to mentally add the number of cards I have? Gheez this game gets more and more confusing every time I think about it.

nmishii
02-17-15, 08:07 PM
Thanks nmishii, for smacking the sense back into me. :D

You're welcome. Anytime. ;)

nmishii
02-17-15, 08:11 PM
So if I'm understanding distribution correctly the valentine cards R counted in the toolbox so if this is correct my toolbox total should b what I've got in my toolbox plus the number of cards I have. My toolbox has 15 items and I've got 3 cards but my toolbox total only reads 15. Is that right? In other words EVERYTIME I look at my toolbox total I've got to mentally add the number of cards I have? Gheez this game gets more and more confusing every time I think about it.

the valentines cards are not counted in the toolbox. See posts above.

Their intention was probably straight forward but coding errors and possible inaccurate information from TL is what is confusing people.