PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation check when spending gems

threepwood14
01-24-15, 10:53 AM
Just wasted 20 gems through one accidental touch of the screen by a pop up I was not even ready for.

This game like many other games make it far too easy to spend gems by accident. The buttons to spend gems can appear out of nowhere, can be quite big and are "one touch" without any "are you sure?" checks.
I find it very unprofessional and suspicious that Team Lava would stoop to this level.

I will not spend any cash on any game with this kind of tactic as I feel such investment simply is not stable.

Here are some suggestions:

1, Make some kind of bank to deposit your gems so they're safe, you can only spend them if they're withdrawn first.
2, Make all buttons that link to spending gems have some kind of check like "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" then you'd have to click "Yes" or "No"

TeamLava have a very annoying, unreasonable and inflexible policy on accidental purchases, they simply say "We cannot be bothered to deal with your 'accidental' purchase", as if it's our fault they cannot implement a simple check or bank safeguard?

All your games will be given 1 star out of 5 until these suggestions or one equally effective are implemented.

Not happy.

WinnyWoos
01-24-15, 12:47 PM
Agree with you 110% and I hate to be blunt but it will never happen and they could care less. Very sad.

deucedeuce22
01-24-15, 03:23 PM
If it really was a pop up that caused you to lose gems, they will return them once. Anything else related to user error, you're out of luck. I've had several instances in TL games where I lost 500+ gems/gold, but it was my own fault. If you aren't buying them, what does it matter anyways? If you're so worried about gem traps, don't keep gems around long enough for it to happen.

Play more carefully. It's not hard to save gems in these games.

WinnyWoos
01-24-15, 05:56 PM
If you aren't buying them, what does it matter anyways?

Ethically, I think it does matter. Bought or earned, either way they are your gems and it shouldn't be up to anyone else on how you choose to use them whether one saves them or spends them right away. IMO, that is why it does indeed matter.

threepwood14
01-24-15, 06:44 PM
It was a pop up that caused me to lose my gems, I have the quest still active. It is called "****er Quiche!" and it pops up out of nowhere and it was the "Serve Quiche" that I accidentally sped up losing 20 gems.
Since it was not my fault and it was a pop up, lets find out if they refund me or not.

I have earned them by playing this silly bingo game every day for the past week, it matters greatly because I earned them with much effort fair and square. Since there's a time limit of earning these gems you can't really earn them later when you want to spend them quickly enough.
Basically suggesting that I spend them all anyway, so the gem traps don't have as much effect I think is ignoring the fundamental problem that really should be fixed. Consider basic principles of ethics, Team Lava is not being fair.

Playing "more carefully" is like defusing a bomb, you never know when something might catch you off guard and *boom* all your savings are gone. There is no options on Team Lava games to tame their pop ups, nor store your gems somewhere safe so really the ball is in their court to implement some safety feature of some kind. We cannot be walking on eggs shells while playing a game and expect it to be relaxing or fun, it really does spoil the experience.

threepwood14
01-24-15, 06:48 PM
"If it really was a pop up that caused you to lose gems, they will return them once."

Where exactly do I go to get this return?

kooky panda
01-25-15, 10:36 AM
For loss of gems please send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

Thanks!