PDA

View Full Version : Traverse the desert sands was unlocked and now locked.

planetw
01-24-15, 08:09 AM
I have unlocked Traverse the Desert Sands but when I tap it under kingdom goals it takes me to the store to buy the Barracks, not the castle. When it first unlocked it was unlocked at the castle. Now it is locked. I cannot buy the barracks as it is 360 gems. But why would it have been unlocked and then locked again?

PurpleScorpion76
01-24-15, 08:57 AM
I know you can only go on that adventure after you've unlocked Sabina and you have to go after I think it was called the heart of the sands.

PikaSquirrel
01-26-15, 11:31 AM
Sorry for the confusion. If you have the Barracks, this Adventure will unlock at level 30. If you do not have the Barracks, once you're finished with the Adventure in your Queen's Court, you'll be able to do this Adventure in there and complete the Goal. The Goal is taking you to the Market because you currently have an Adventure going on.

sal911
03-01-15, 12:11 PM
I am at level 30, do not have a active adventure & the desert adventure is locked. Will there be another chance to get the barracks through a quest rather than spending all those gems?

PurpleScorpion76
03-01-15, 12:50 PM
I am at level 30, do not have a active adventure & the desert adventure is locked. Will there be another chance to get the barracks through a quest rather than spending all those gems?

I believe the only time to get it through the quest is at that point you still buy it with gems but you get a few back if I remember correctly. I never bought it and it doesn't ruin my play. If you want it get it with gems now and save a few.

ShibuyaCloth
03-01-15, 12:55 PM

Gems only building. It is not necessary to play the game, but helpful.

SpiritWind00
03-01-15, 01:34 PM

There are no other quests to get the barracks.

You can purchase it with gems at any time though.

sal911
03-01-15, 08:58 PM
Will this adventure reopen without me having to buy the barracks? I would like to save gems for other tasks or buildings.
If I don't complete this goal how will effect future game play?

SpiritWind00
03-01-15, 10:46 PM
Will this adventure reopen without me having to buy the barracks? I would like to save gems for other tasks or buildings.
If I don't complete this goal how will effect future game play?

The barracks is only available for a short amount of time with the gem discount attached. No it will not reopen once the goal has expired.

It will not affect game play really. The barracks are a good way to get good drops back and energy. It isn't used in special events, so it depends on whether or not you can keep up crafting feasts etc to go on adventures.

sal911
03-02-15, 03:43 AM
I am still confused!?! How do I access this adventure without the barracks?
You said in an earlier post that it should be available without barracks!

sal911
03-02-15, 03:45 AM
Is Sabina the princess with long hair?

meme1098
03-02-15, 12:00 PM

Check "The Hub" for anything & everything about Castle Story.

Here's a link to all adventures available in your Keep:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1026416&viewfull=1#post1026416

"The Hub" is the very last sticky in the Castle Story Discussions thread.

The Barracks is not required, just optional. It has the same adventures as your keep but when certain goals require special adventures, they will not be available in the Barracks.

Is Sabina the princess with long hair?

Sabina is the blonde girl in the lower part of your kingdom. There is a rather long, drawn out set of goals when you expand to her.

SpiritWind00
03-02-15, 01:02 PM

Sal, you don't do the adventure in the Barracks, you do it in the Castle.

To do the Sandy Metal boots goal, you must be at level 25 as that's when Traverse Desert Sands becomes available. If you're not level 25, you just have to wait. You go on this adventure through your Castle.

Hope that helps!

AnniePMH
03-02-15, 01:49 PM
Sal, you don't do the adventure in the Barracks, you do it in the Castle.

To do the Sandy Metal boots goal, you must be at level 25 as that's when Traverse Desert Sands becomes available. If you're not level 25, you just have to wait. You go on this adventure through your Castle.

Hope that helps!

I think sal911 is lev 30, unless I'm also confused...:confused:

Mylania
03-02-15, 02:08 PM

I had the same confusion when I was where you are in game. If memory serves, you gain access to the desert sands adventure by following the Sabina chain of goals. It will unlock in the castle when you get to the right point in the chain of goals for her. I never bought the barracks and am level 50, done with all goals till a new one comes out, so I know for certain that if you don't want to spend the gems on the barracks you will still be able to do everything you need.

SpiritWind00
03-02-15, 06:49 PM
Maybe Sal you haven't unlocked Sabina yet and that's why you asked who is she?? I went back through this thread and yes I see you are level 30. Maybe you could confirm with us if you have unlocked Sabina and where you are up to in that storyline. It seems we just don't have enough information from you to provide the right answer... but we'll keep trying. Let us know. thanks!

sal911
03-02-15, 08:22 PM
Thanks everyone for your help, I just needed to be patient ;)
Just another question for anyone - at what level can you unlock more crafting buildings? At the moment I can only have two of each, does it ever let you have more?

AnniePMH
03-02-15, 08:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your help, I just needed to be patient ;)
Just another question for anyone - at what level can you unlock more crafting buildings? At the moment I can only have two of each, does it ever let you have more?

I try every day to buy thirds of the crafting buildings from the Market, but as of yet have not succeded...
(No, you can only have two of each kind.)