PDA

View Full Version : Money tips

goodsnyummies
01-22-15, 11:35 AM
I'm finding it a challenge buying $15000 equipment every couple levels. I'm currently level 24, and still can't afford the pizza oven. I still have to get the jewellery shop and juicer on top of that.

polispol
01-22-15, 01:49 PM
I'm finding it a challenge buying $15000 equipment every couple levels. I'm currently level 24, and still can't afford the pizza oven. I still have to get the jewellery shop and juicer on top of that.

Buy cheap, sell expensive...

I cook stews, truffle pizzas... By the way the pizza oven is quite useless without the hogs and the truffle farm from my point of view... A nice decor only

I'm earning about 180.000 coins / week without effort...

Aernak
01-22-15, 02:18 PM
Hi! We are in the same boat! I am struggling also. I am level 19 at the moment. I just spent over 2 days saving up for my Studio. (And now it has to build almost an entire day before I can even use it... UGH.)

I have all of my crafting buildings going every waking hour of the day.
I fulfill every delivery possible. I reject the ones that are too hard. I buy or craft the missing items I need to complete the ones that are doable.
Sometimes I sell my precious expansion items and building items just to give myself a coin boost.
I try to buy things I see cheap and resell them higher.

But even doing all of those things, saving money is sooooo hard.

I want to buy some orange trees and a second chicken coop and a second dairy and more apple/cocoa trees but I can barely even save a few thousand $. Sometimes I will get a few thousand $ saved and I'll see some magical items in the Newspaper like 5 expansion permits or something, or building parts, and then I blow it all and I'm back to almost $0 again.

I keep wondering if I should maybe focus on a few particular items to craft in bulk and sell. Some items sell really, really well. ie the items that take longer to craft. Sometimes I end up discarding things like wheat and eggs from my shop just to make room for more desirable items.

The stupid airplane always seems to know exactly what items I *don't* have on hand, and those are the items it asks me for.

This game REALLY wants to frustrate us into spending real money.

Sigh.

goodsnyummies
01-22-15, 03:30 PM
Buy cheap, sell expensive...

I cook stews, truffle pizzas... By the way the pizza oven is quite useless without the hogs and the truffle farm from my point of view... A nice decor only

I'm earning about 180.000 coins / week without effort...

Thanks for the advice! I've tried it a couple times, but then my market gets filled up waiting for things to sell. But I'll keep at it, thanks again!

goodsnyummies
01-22-15, 03:31 PM
Hi! We are in the same boat! I am struggling also. I am level 19 at the moment. I just spent over 2 days saving up for my Studio. (And now it has to build almost an entire day before I can even use it... UGH.)

I fulfill every delivery possible. I reject the ones that are too hard. I buy or craft the missing items I need to complete the ones that are doable.
Sometimes I sell my precious expansion items and building items just to give myself a coin boost.

I want to buy some orange trees and a second chicken coop and a second dairy and more apple/cocoa trees but I can barely even save a few thousand $. Sometimes I will get a few thousand $ saved and I'll see some magical items in the Newspaper like 5 expansion permits or something, or building parts, and then I blow it all and I'm back to almost $0 again.

I keep wondering if I should maybe focus on a few particular items to craft in bulk and sell. Some items sell really, really well. ie the items that take longer to craft. Sometimes I end up discarding things like wheat and eggs from my shop just to make room for more desirable items.

The stupid airplane always seems to know exactly what items I *don't* have on hand, and those are the items it asks me for.

Sigh.

So happy to hear I'm not the only one lol

CuteTali
01-22-15, 03:46 PM

Sigh.

This is exactly why I gave up on this game. The constant struggle to earn money makes this game no fun at all. If we wanted to stress over money, we wouldn't be playing video games that are supposed to be fun and relaxing.

Aernak
01-22-15, 05:40 PM
This is exactly why I gave up on this game. The constant struggle to earn money makes this game no fun at all. If we wanted to stress over money, we wouldn't be playing video games that are supposed to be fun and relaxing.

No kidding. :P

I really hate the shop system. I have had 6 of 7 of the same items sitting for sale in my shop for hours and hours now. I think i need to just stop planting tomatoes because nobody ever buys them. Nobody really buys flax either. I have found flour to be a very good seller and its quick to make.

It should not take 3 days of round the clock playing (not to mention selling many of my expansion permits *sob*) to save enough money for 1 crafting building (ie the studio).

CuteTali
01-22-15, 07:39 PM
No kidding. :P

I really hate the shop system. I have had 6 of 7 of the same items sitting for sale in my shop for hours and hours now. I think i need to just stop planting tomatoes because nobody ever buys them. Nobody really buys flax either. I have found flour to be a very good seller and its quick to make.

It should not take 3 days of round the clock playing (not to mention selling many of my expansion permits *sob*) to save enough money for 1 crafting building (ie the studio).

If no actual real people buy your stuff, then Stormie will buy it after a week, so I put up stuff for sale, log back in after a week and viola! all my stuff have sold! This game just doesn't make enough money to play it every day and it's too stressful always being out of coins, so I found this to be the best for me.

reewinder
01-23-15, 08:23 AM
Best advice I can give is expand your shop to full capacity.....make that your number 1 priority. The more items you have in your shop will put you at the top of your neighbors list when they go to check out the side shops......the neighbors with the lowest amount of items will be at the bottom of the list, or not on that list at all. Only 99 neighbors show up in the side shop list so if you only have 3 slots to sell from and all the other neighbors have 12 slots they will be first in line.
Next step is go visit farms and help them out by swiping the hearts. This will boost your social rating and that will bring more visitors to your farm and potential sales. While you visit these farms invite them to be your neighbor.....use the quick invite if they have it or post a comment on their wall and invite them. The more neighbors you have increases your odds of selling more items.
That's the best advice I can give. Other than that.....don't send out deliveries and level up if you don't have the money to buy the new stuff. There's plenty of time to get to the higher levels. If the game wasn't challenging it wouldn't be fun. Take your time and try these steps and you will be rolling in cash.
Expand your shop, make as many neighbors as you can and keep your social rating at 4 full hearts and I guarantee you will start having success.

polispol
01-23-15, 06:01 PM
If no actual real people buy your stuff, then Stormie will buy it after a week, so I put up stuff for sale, log back in after a week and viola! all my stuff have sold! This game just doesn't make enough money to play it every day and it's too stressful always being out of coins, so I found this to be the best for me.

That is not true, items are sold after 24h only, not a week. And you can promote items twice q day...

Cooking 10 stews takes 450min, 7h and a half. They can be sold for 2415 coins (7200 coins a day) so earning 42.000 coins a week is quite possible...

neurotika
01-24-15, 08:27 AM
1. STOP making plane deliveries. You lose money by doing so. You can resume once you've saved enough.
2. Sell lower. I have seen stuff stay for days in neighbours'side shops because they sell at the maximum price. Where as i have trouble completing my twelve slots because people buy my stuff sold at either market price or lower price. I earn 40 to 50k a day. Put yourself in the shoes of buyers. When you see two products at the same time which this game loves to do, you'd buy the cheaper one right?
3. Bestsellers are bread, cheese, flour, cream, feeds, dark choco, fish, flax and sugar cane

P.S. stew is so commonly sold that it is an item that stays for hours in my shop. I hate selling it.

yppahc
01-24-15, 09:03 AM
Hmm, I disagree with a lot of this, but my experience is like neurotika's. I actually think you can earn more coins by selling things under max price. If you try to sell at max price then it can sit in your shop unsold. If you sell cheaper then they can sell quickly.

I also find flax sells well, I actually buy quite a lot myself. I also buy anything made in the windmill, chocolate, sugar and butter.

It does help massively if you open up more slots in you shop.

I find the pizza oven OK but wouldn't bother with the jewellers. Sometimes the made item is only a little bit more expensive than buying the ingredients.

Anyway there are a few threads where posters have gone put in a lot of advice which are very useful.

Also this is a slow game in my opinion, so can be very frustrating! There comes a point when earning coins isn't the problem - gaining xp is!

goodsnyummies
01-28-15, 07:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies/help!!

reewinder
01-29-15, 04:14 AM
I sell all my items for maximum price and I can't hardly keep items in my shop to keep it full because I keep running out of stuff to sell. It's all about having people to sell items to.
If you have zero neighbors/friends in the game then no one will even see your stuff for sale unless it's in the newspaper. The more neighbors you have the better your chances of selling items. The more slots you have in your shop increases the odds even more by putting you at the top of your neighbor's lists. If your at the bottom of their list your items may never be seen by them.
Best 2 things to do is make neighbors and fully expand your shop as quickly as you can. I'm at level 52 currently and have 686 neighbors and $1,068,496. I wish I woulda followed this advice when starting out.....I'd have way more money than I do right now. You also have to expand barn and silo space to have the room to stock up on items to sell as well.

Aernak
01-29-15, 07:35 AM
1. STOP making plane deliveries. You lose money by doing so. You can resume once you've saved enough.

I don't think I agree with this. I am saving up for my first pet (the dark corgi) and I have made good money from the plane.

For starters, I have gotten all of my expansion permits from the plane. Nobody ever sells these. If I relied only on the shop, I would have zero and would have never expanded. Same with shovels - nobody ever sells these. I rely heavily on the plane to get shovels. Without expansions and shovels, how can I expand and build more crafting buildings and earn more money?

Also, all of the extra maps, deeds, bricks, and boards I get from plane deliveries also sell for more coins. I have found the plane to be quite profitable. Last night I was checking out my inventory and I had 5 permits and 20 each of the maps and deeds. I sold some of the surplus maps and deeds and made some great money. I know some people will say it's not wise to sell the maps and deeds, but when you have 1/4 of the permits compared to maps and deeds, the maps and deeds do you no good anyways.

Also, a lot of the deliveries are from stuff I already have lying around, so it doesn't cost me anything at all to send them. It's all profit. And if I only need 1 item, and I can buy it cheap in the newspaper, I can still make a profit, too.

Plus relying on the shop alone is way too slow. Sometimes all of my items are just sitting in the shop, and the plane is something to make money while I am waiting for my items to sell.

2. Sell lower. I have seen stuff stay for days in neighbours'side shops because they sell at the maximum price. Where as i have trouble completing my twelve slots because people buy my stuff sold at either market price or lower price. I earn 40 to 50k a day. Put yourself in the shoes of buyers. When you see two products at the same time which this game loves to do, you'd buy the cheaper one right?

I absolutely agree with this. I always bump my prices down from the market price, unless it's a fast/hot seller like flour, fish, sugar, sugarcane, etc.

3. Bestsellers are bread, cheese, flour, cream, feeds, dark choco, fish, flax and sugar cane

I agree with all of these, and also buttons, scarves, baked potatoes, and apple pies

P.S. stew is so commonly sold that it is an item that stays for hours in my shop. I hate selling it.

I just unlocked stew, so I don't have a lot of experience trying to sell it yet, but I HATE trying to sell those stuffed cheesy peppers. Even if I bump them down to like 95 coins which is WAY below market value, they just sit there. UGH. Also, tomatoes, milk and eggs always sit there forever and I end up just getting impatient and discarding them. LOL.