PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Story Update 1/21/15

LavaRain8
01-20-15, 04:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ClPRKa0.png?1

LavaRain8
01-20-15, 04:47 PM
Um, WOW?! I LOVE asian themes for the Restaurant! That center piece gives me life....

I like everything in here, the door, the kimono Phoebe (?), the counters, everything! Sadly, looks like it may not have new walls or floors, can't tell if that floor is the old coffee one or not...but still good with me. Can't wait! ...if it's not super gem heavy, of course.

PepperWoo
01-20-15, 04:55 PM
That Korean palace costs gems for sure.. but it would be nice if it didn't like the big snowglobe that we thought for gems! And cute Phoebe is wearing a hanbok! The scroll on the wall says 'delicious' haha and is that a grilling table?! I hope the door is for coins. XD

sbratprincess
01-20-15, 04:56 PM
very pretty update!! The garden is beautiful!!! I'm guessing it will be very gem heavy :(

LavaRain8
01-20-15, 05:01 PM
That Korean palace costs gems for sure.. but it would be nice if it didn't like the big snowglobe that we thought for gems! And cute Phoebe is wearing a hanbok! The scroll on the wall says 'delicious' haha and is that a grilling table?!

Ha! My mother is Korean, yet I don't speak a lick of it myself. Never even dawned on me to figure out what I was going to be hanging on my Restaurant wall eventually. Could have said anything really, sad. :D

And yeah...hopefully they don't price gouge us with that palace and give it to us for coins like the Snowglobe fountain, or at the very least ~35 gems or so.

Sgt_FluffBall
01-20-15, 05:03 PM
Note - we also added two more rotations to the Cash Register from this past week's update. You can see it now by closing out the application and re-entering.

Best,
Sgt Fluffball

AliSweet876
01-20-15, 05:06 PM
is tht 3 new recipes I see? :confused:

...and a new divider!!! :o

PepperWoo
01-20-15, 05:14 PM
Sgt Fluffball: Thank you for the cash register fix!

Ha! My mother is Korean, yet I don't speak a lick of it myself. Never even dawned on me to figure out what I was going to be hanging on my Restaurant wall eventually. Could have said anything really, sad. :D

And yeah...hopefully they don't price gouge us with that palace and give it to us for coins like the Snowglobe fountain, or at the very least ~35 gems or so.

Haha it could've said potato and we'd still hang it on our walls. XD Yeah I hope the palace doesn't come with an insane price tag!

is tht 3 new recipes I see? :confused:

I'm taking a guess here, but looks like Bulgogi (Grilled Marinated Beef), Kimchi Stew, and Grilled Pork Belly!

StevenKevin
01-20-15, 05:18 PM
The coffee update had made my week last time, im sure korean stuff will rejoice many players. Not my cup of tea as a whole though, but those exotic recipes totally unknown to me might be interesting to discover

chewytwix
01-20-15, 05:42 PM
If we're going to have a korean theme, why can't we have actual korean people? Why does she have to be blonde...can't you just dye her hair black and put it up or something?

also, it looks like galbi to me...

alexnfriends
01-20-15, 05:56 PM
Why not an Asian greeter?

pixiegamer
01-20-15, 06:13 PM
If we're going to have a korean theme, why can't we have actual korean people? Why does she have to be blonde...can't you just dye her hair black and put it up or something?

also, it looks like galbi to me...

Why not an Asian greeter?

Agree with both of these. As much as I love Phoebe, I'd much prefer a Korean greeter for my restaurant if we're getting a Korean theme. It could even be a direct copy of the female, presumably Asian bot from Android (maybe without the glasses if they want some distinction, though I think the glasses would be a bonus) and I wouldn't mind. I'm not sure any of the bots have assigned nationalities, but at least it would give TL a design to reference :)

^^ LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL TEMPLATE TL. JUST LOOK AT IT. How awesome would someone like her look with this update??

rene2222
01-20-15, 07:23 PM
this is beautiful. it's a Korean theme.....great.

ElaineCarrel
01-20-15, 07:31 PM
Note - we also added two more rotations to the Cash Register from this past week's update. You can see it now by closing out the application and re-entering.

Best,
Sgt Fluffball

Since it was done w the register y not w the various ppl and the different appropriate floor decor? Make it a late Xmas-new years present.

Natasha_07
01-20-15, 07:44 PM
That korean garden is amazing! I hope it cost 100,000 COINS or 24 gems. Anyone agree with me on the prices ? :)

CuteTali
01-20-15, 07:58 PM
Ehh..not my taste... the tables look like sink drains. Not digging this whole asian theme coming to restaurant story for the 6th or 7th time now, it's too done already.

Natasha_07
01-20-15, 08:43 PM
That Korean palace costs gems for sure.. but it would be nice if it didn't like the big snowglobe that we thought for gems! And cute Phoebe is wearing a hanbok! The scroll on the wall says 'delicious' haha and is that a grilling table?! I hope the door is for coins. XD

Wow pepper I'm impressed, you know korean! All I know is fluent English and Spanish, I forgot how to speak French cause I didn't have anyone around to conversate with. LOL!

debnfurkids
01-20-15, 08:59 PM
I noticed the rotation on the cash register a few minutes ago. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now.... If all the floor pieces would do that... WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD IT WOULD BE! :p Seriously it would help our designs. Love this coming update!!

bubaxx
01-20-15, 09:57 PM
Hope it's for coins. 100,000 coins would be perfect, even 200,000 lol

LalaSmooth
01-20-15, 10:23 PM
We might be getting an Asian appliance yay

rocketsmama
01-20-15, 10:51 PM
All in all I really like this update. The only thing is the tables....to me they look like a manhole or a drain, that leads to a pipe..or the sewer system. Or is it supposed to be a grill???? I give up. If anyone knows please clue me in. Love the rest of it anyways. :p

ilaria2464
01-21-15, 12:12 AM
Lol definitely not my cup of tea...but common a blonde greeter for a Korean theme?? Even I know that's a little strange. Why not a Korean girl?

yeahitsami
01-21-15, 04:48 AM
I can't help but get excited for this update since I like Asian themes. I really like the palace and the dividers with the counters go really well with it. At fist glance I actually thought it they were part of it. Lol

If I didn't watch Korean dramas I wouldn't have known what was some of the things were. I agree the grill on the tables do look like drains. :p Hopefully, this items aren't too many gems. I'm still trying to recover from winter sales. :rolleyes:

therainbowscafe
01-21-15, 04:59 AM
Hope it's for coins. 100,000 coins would be perfect, even 200,000 lol

Agree with you, really really hope its for coins...

LalaSmooth
01-21-15, 11:33 AM
Anyone got the update yet?

PepperWoo
01-21-15, 11:39 AM
Anyone got the update yet?

Yeah I see them on both iOS and Android. The palace costs 35 gems and 3 new recipes on the stove! Also more expiring items.

unmokable
01-21-15, 11:54 AM
How are you guys not frustrated from the amount of popups you get daily. I'm on level 99 and it's been a struggle to keep playing because of the annoying popups that take 15min to get through when you start playing. Goals that i've met a year ago are still popping up.

PepperWoo
01-21-15, 12:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jJKCTP2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/e3HVPAh.png

And all gem expansions are 25% off.

twospoons
01-21-15, 12:47 PM
love it! i'm glad the tables aren't that attractive, since they're also overpriced, but i'm definitely getting the garden and all the coin stuff. very nice. my only quibble, to echo the other posters on this, is it would have been nice to get a korean character instead of phoebe.

i'm so redoing for a pan-east-asian theme. (cause i want to put out all my other stuff too.)

KandeeGameOne
01-21-15, 02:31 PM
Hey guys,

the "Yummy Sign" isn't correct. Right now it says '맛있는' which is the verb form and can't be used on its own. It would need a noun with it, eg Delicious food is "맛있는 음식". If you can fix the sign, change it to say '맛있다', which is the verb form and can actually be used on it's own.

Google translate isn't always that accurate ^^

Source: korean.

kooky panda
01-21-15, 03:16 PM
Hey guys,

the "Yummy Sign" isn't correct. Right now it says '맛있는' which is the verb form and can't be used on its own. It would need a noun with it, eg Delicious food is "맛있는 음식". If you can fix the sign, change it to say '맛있다', which is the verb form and can actually be used on it's own.

I will flag this over :)

LavaRain8
01-21-15, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jJKCTP2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/e3HVPAh.png

And all gem expansions are 25% off.

Either it's a big coincidence or they used my gem price range of ~35 gems for the Korean Garden. Guess I should have said 1 gem instead. Darn the luck! lol

I'm sure they wouldn't have gone that low, but glad that they made it fairly reasonable either way, so thanks TL! I kind of like my winter setup for now, so I may just stash these for later. I'm not too big on the Valentine's & St. Patrick's Day decorating, so unless the goal items are super great...may need to break out my Seoul transformation! ;)

And thanks for the screenshots as always Pepper!

PepperWoo
01-21-15, 04:46 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering about the use of 맛있는 yesterday too, since by itself is just an adjective. I guess they needed to keep it as short as possible while still readable, but they should've used 맛있다 or maybe even 맛있어.

Either it's a big coincidence or they used my gem price range of ~35 gems for the Korean Garden. Guess I should have said 1 gem instead. Darn the luck! lol

Lol I was so surprised when I saw that it was actually 35 gems and thought whoa did they just... haha!

Sgt_FluffBall
01-21-15, 07:55 PM
Hey Chefs!

We've updated the Yummy Sign. You may need to reinstall to view.

Best,
Sgt FluffBall

twospoons
01-21-15, 08:01 PM
okay, now i'm just curious. in korean, do you really never use an adjective without a noun? because, obviously, in english you can. (or rather, the noun you're modifying can be implied.) like, if you're eating bulgogi, you'd never just say "delicious," you'd actually say "delicious bulgogi"?

i love languages. they're all so weird. i wish i knew more of them!

KandeeGameOne
01-21-15, 11:32 PM
Hey Chefs!

We've updated the Yummy Sign. You may need to reinstall to view.

Best,
Sgt FluffBall

Wow, so fast ! You guys are great :)

christihan
01-21-15, 11:34 PM
I am korean and I was very surprised to see this update. At first, thank you Teamlava for finally giving us some Korean update... I've emailed you several
times to ask for Korean food and items on RS but was not sure if you would ever reflect user's opinions... anyways the seoul tower and palace were great. =) so exquisite. But in despite of the time I have waited for... this isn't enough! the 맛있는 was nonsense... lol but I saw you fixed it to 맛있다 and it's better. and the blonde phobe... seriously? why can't we just have a black hair? Also at least I thought we would see the 3 dishes on a new korean oven... an asian oven! but another disappointment... I guess this is the first and last time seeing Korean stuff on RS and it's just too so so... the dishes... where is bibimbap? I wish I could be your korean designer... I have lots of... much idea than you do guys.

tristebelle
01-21-15, 11:58 PM
The new Korean garden is just awesome, I jumped and bought it straight away...I LOVE IT! Oh and also the discounted expansions too!!

minidemon88
01-22-15, 04:19 AM
It's like the first time they did a Korean theme. Nice job! I'm going to get my hands on the garden one day. So pretty and realistic! The door is nice too, though a little pricey.

Mmmm, the pork belly and tofu stew sound yummy! Too bad, there's no kimchi recipe. :(

thewandererchef
01-22-15, 08:51 AM
super in love with the Korean designs!!! :o

thewandererchef
01-22-15, 08:55 AM
Also, why did Action chef and Asian fusion boxes go on sale for the Asian theme but not the Take Out Box? I like the Take Out Box better!!! :confused:

Francys08
01-22-15, 02:34 PM
The Korean Garden is just beautiful. I will try to get it soon to have it in my restaurant when I decorate for the summer.

twospoons
01-30-15, 06:12 PM
late posting for this topic, but i wanted to say that it was great to get a piece of wall decor that took up more than one horizontal space. you should do that more often!