PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update: 1-20-2015

IsisGarden
01-20-15, 11:43 AM
Update today. What are you hoping for today?

irlanda_c
01-20-15, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping for a nice pajama with a silk robe, something more related with vday than winter. And please not a random theme

IsisGarden
01-20-15, 11:55 AM
And please not a random theme

Random is a specialty of FS. LOL!

Natasha_07
01-20-15, 11:58 AM
Update day here ?! I didn't even know today was Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Would like some red, gold and black. Valentines stuff please be early this year!

DragonWished
01-20-15, 12:02 PM
I'd like to see themes around Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras, or the Super Bowl.

Colors and coins!

andromedablack
01-20-15, 12:04 PM
Valentine's please! PINK and red stuff !

orleansparish
01-20-15, 12:05 PM
Super bowl? That would be different. Id prefer they save that for RS, there they like boring sports themes. But Mardi gras, yes! Give me another float or something.

orleansparish
01-20-15, 12:06 PM
Id actually like to see more gold. One of the dresses the girls from last weeks displau wore. Other than that 2 hour catalog from yesteryear we don't have enough. Last weeks attire was more see through, than gold.

t_to_the_max
01-20-15, 12:23 PM
Super bowl and such.
Mind you, not only Americans play this game!

orleansparish
01-20-15, 12:26 PM
Super bowl and such.
Mind you, not only Americans play this game!

No, but not everyone celebrates and enjoy every one thing. So naturally they will offer variety and being an American company they do things Americans may perhaps like, first. I see the Mardi gras display in many shops. Who knows we may get one with girls wearing jerseys and cute cut offs. Just throwing ideas and guesses out there.

andromedablack
01-20-15, 12:43 PM
Am I the only one who can't find anything new..?

xxxe
01-20-15, 12:44 PM
A new box. Be careful when opening the game. I got a pop up right away advertising the new box and I came so close to hitting the buy button. The 1st place prize looks pretty interesting and the new mannequin prize seems really nice too but it was such a small picture.

ievuxia
01-20-15, 12:46 PM
I think it will be a new edition for androids. I'm using android and don't see anything new yet. Could iOS users share something please?

xxxe
01-20-15, 12:47 PM
Oh a new outfit too. An arena outfit? The jackets oka. Another 13 hours though.

IsisGarden
01-20-15, 12:47 PM
It's a box: Supply Cube. I have no idea what is in it or what it could be.
There is a catalog: Arena Fierce. It's all black. I don't know what it is and don't understand it.
This one is random, in my opinion. I don't care for it because it is once again a dark catalog. Not impressed or enamored with this update.

DragonWished
01-20-15, 12:50 PM
I think it will be a new edition for androids. I'm using android and don't see anything new yet. Could iOS users share something please?

The amazon app has the update. Google Play did not. They must be doing an update.

Arena theme definitely not thrilling.

xxxe
01-20-15, 12:50 PM
It showed four tiny pictures advertising the box when I first logged for the day. The first place was a display with ladies dresses but it was hard to see because it was small. The other three pictures were of a mannequin, another display where it looked like people were fighting in an arena? Maybe that's where the arena outfit came from. The whole box seems like it's based off hunger games.

CoCo15072013
01-20-15, 12:51 PM
Nothing here on Android

andromedablack
01-20-15, 12:51 PM
Sorry but now how can't I complain? A box again, a colorless catalogue again, 13 hours again, no Valentine's stuff! I'm very very dissapointed!

orleansparish
01-20-15, 01:01 PM
This box is dreadful! Worse than the camping one from bakery and that's saying a lot. One 2nd place prize is a colorful eyelash counter. 2x2. Something RuPaul wouldn't even touch. I got a stack of boxes called.....the supplies. How original. Then there is an arrow. Torches. And some other foolishness my having too many gems allowed me to try.

When will I learn self control?! I should have opened the plaid box if I wanted something to do with them.

aishaibrahims
01-20-15, 01:06 PM
This box is dreadful! Worse than the camping one from bakery and that's saying a lot. One 2nd place prize is a colorful eyelash counter. 2x2. Something RuPaul wouldn't even touch. I got a stack of boxes called.....the supplies. How original. Then there is an arrow. Torches. And some other foolishness my having too many gems allowed me to try.

When will I learn self control?! I should have opened the pastel box if I wanted something to do with them.
Lol! Sounds grim, but im still jealous. Anyone able to get pics?

irlanda_c
01-20-15, 01:09 PM
Sorry but now how can't I complain? A box again, a colorless catalogue again, 13 hours again, no Valentine's stuff! I'm very very dissapointed!

You are right!!

funkydiva6
01-20-15, 01:11 PM
It's a box: Supply Cube. I have no idea what is in it or what it could be.
There is a catalog: Arena Fierce. It's all black. I don't know what it is and don't understand it.
This one is random, in my opinion. I don't care for it because it is once again a dark catalog. Not impressed or enamored with this update.

I believe this is based on The Hunger Games trilogy. The catalog is based on what the main character wears during the actual Hunger Games, and the Supply Cube is what's available to the players during the games.

orleansparish
01-20-15, 01:20 PM
Maybe someone can make it bigger? Believe me there is nothing to be jealous about. A parachute.....

As if!

IsisGarden
01-20-15, 01:24 PM
I believe this is based on The Hunger Games trilogy. The catalog is based on what the main character wears during the actual Hunger Games, and the Supply Cube is what's available to the players during the games.

Thanks for clearing this up because I was so confused. I haven't seen the Hunger Games, no particularly interested in it either.

DragonWished

Thank you for clearing this up. I had no idea. Still, this is hugely disappointing especially after last week's dazzler.

cozyreader13

Yep... Hunger Games inspired.. Lol strange update

Natasha_07
01-20-15, 01:36 PM

When will I learn self control?! I should have opened the plaid box if I wanted something to do with them.
Well if this is really inspired on 'hunger games' I have no interest, pass!

Even if it were an orange or purple good looking update, I wouldn't mind not getting some red with gold valentine's stuff.

jewelfang
01-20-15, 01:44 PM
Android here, I have nothing, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing much. A Hunger Games/Dystopian YA fiction catalogue and box? lol. Seriously. An all black catalogue, what is that, like 11 weeks we have had white, black, grey or beige catalogues? Or is it even more now? No color in 3 months!!! I'm dying here....
Yes, last weeks gold was lovely, but let's be realistic, it was still just an off white dress (pretty as it was) with white shoes. The gold purse is still not much color.....

p.s. I think the eyelash counter is actually kind of pretty, but how does that even match the obvious Hunger Games theme? Not that I like this theme at all.

t_to_the_max
01-20-15, 01:54 PM
I also expect a new edition for Android users.
Havent seen anything new yet!

ievuxia
01-20-15, 02:01 PM
I see.. seems like a pretty lame update. Even though I like Hunger Games, I think it has nothing to do with a fashion boutique. Oh well, let's hope for pretty Valentine's updates soon..

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 02:07 PM
Okay busy at work but doesn't look like I'm missing much haven't even opened the game. But doesn't matter sense I'm Android bummer. They could've done a lot with color the colorful costumes or (movie wardrobe) of the lady would've been great. I really enjoyed the movies I have the first 2 on DVD but kinda disappointed in this update of it they could've waited till after V-day or something. I dunno anyway guess I'm just happy they're still creating updates for us.I was hoping for another discounted box today.

On the bright side with nothing exciting for me in the update I can wait for GEM reward possibly to DL the new version.

ONeal28
01-20-15, 02:10 PM
I think they need to hire some new people for fashion. I like the grey and the gold and white dress. But I agree with everyone else we need some pink or red since valentine's day is near. We need flowers and hearts. Let us know when someone finds out the name of the new version.

aishaibrahims
01-20-15, 02:11 PM
I like the mannequins

orleansparish
01-20-15, 02:16 PM
I like the mannequins

Why couldn't everything else be like those! This is a mash up of all types of foolishness.

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 02:23 PM
I like the mannequins

Inspiration

aishaibrahims
01-20-15, 02:23 PM
I aint trying this box just for that mannequin! Pile of junk. The eyelash thing ok, but 2nd???????? Please! The boxes have gone downhill since after the red and purple ones.

aishaibrahims
01-20-15, 02:25 PM
Nice pic jojopeanut id love a crazy headpiece for my avatar!

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 02:27 PM
Guessing haven't seen it but the catalog must be something like this

mergirl96
01-20-15, 02:59 PM
A Hunger Games theme? Part of me is amazed that TL has finally done something that different and wonderful, but another part of me is disappointed with the execution. I'm on android so i can't see the catalog but this could have been a wonderful update if done correctly. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Hunger Games or never read the books, fashion is one of the key reasons why people who live in the Capitol are considered outlandish to those who live in the districts. Their outfits are super colorful and awe inspiring.

TL could have given us Katniss's first dress during her interview with Cesar in the first book. It was red and covered in spectacular jewels, that resemled an iridescent fire when she spun around. The movie really didn't do it justice, and I would have loved to see it in the game. Effie also had several cute outfits in the movies that they could have used instead of the one on the mannequin. If TL had just done a "Capital Couture" theme it would have been great.

Although this update was a bit of a let down, I'm glad to see TL finally opening up to more fun themes and styles.

Sgt_FluffBall
01-20-15, 03:01 PM
Since players have been asking, we put together some information on the new crate - The Supply Cube. We have also increased the odds of obtaining the first and second level prizes for this crate.

What the items look like in game:

The Catalog Items:

Items in Crate include:

If you have questions or concerns, please contact the support team. You can also feel free to inbox me about ideas and catalogs. We hope that you will continue to look forward to future content.

Best,
Sgt Fluffball

StevenKevin
01-20-15, 03:01 PM
For once im glad to be a happy Droid who didnt get the update lol

StevenKevin
01-20-15, 03:06 PM
Correction: just seen the outsider fashion and its wow but given my luck im pretty sure to end up with useless arrows or parachute, so just have to hope it will be offered with next sales

aishaibrahims
01-20-15, 03:19 PM
Wow thanks for the pics fluffball. I actually think this box might be worth afew hits now! Hope us android users get new version soon. Ye steven kevin that outsider display is wow! And i love the gloves on the avatar. Can anyone post outfit prices please.

funkydiva6
01-20-15, 03:22 PM
Correction: just seen the outsider fashion and its wow but given my luck im pretty sure to end up with useless arrows or parachute, so just have to hope it will be offered with next sales

Agreed, love the Outside Fashion! But don't want to risk gems on boxes to get that.

I ditto mergirl96, an update based on the Capitol would have been awesome! Unfortunate that TL decided to stick with the outfit/scenes/items associated with the arena and games instead of the opulence and color of the Capitol.

aishaibrahims
01-20-15, 03:22 PM
Oh even bigger wow i just read the increased chance of 1st and 2nd prize part!! You guys!!! Iv gone from gutted to ultra excited!!

funkydiva6
01-20-15, 03:32 PM
Oh even bigger wow i just read the increased chance of 1st and 2nd prize part!! You guys!!! Iv gone from gutted to ultra excited!!

Good luck! Let us know what you win and how you redecorate!

aishaibrahims
01-20-15, 03:41 PM
Good luck! Let us know what you win and how you redecorate!
Thanks, gotta wait for new version tho! And my fourth place fear is starting to kick in!!

pumpkita
01-20-15, 04:19 PM
Well, i haye the hunger games, so i hate this update. Not buying a thing from this, this is so boring and nothing to do with fashion!

KarenK71
01-20-15, 04:21 PM
I'm an Android user and still do not have the new Supply Cube chest. When can Android users expect to get the new update? Will we be given a link to DL the update or will it be like last time where no notice was given for us to go to the PlayStore to DL the new update. Don't mean to sound so cynical but it's hard not to be when the dynamics seem to favor to one side over another. Yes, I'm aware that this song has been playing in your ears for some time, but honestly why don't Android users get these updates simultaneously with Apple users?

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 04:27 PM
I almost fell a sense of guilt for this update I did ask for this catalog or suggested it for HALLOWEEN. In the suggestion thread so if it was because of that we got it now and people don't like it I'm sorry it was totally meant for Halloween not saying that TL took my suggestion, but I only ask for the catalog or suggested it and other one for the holiday, like I said only for Halloween not a whole theme or box intended. And this whole post looks redundant.. LOL but I'll post the whole thing anyway because I feel bad and not really the suggestion I was making.

dalula
01-20-15, 04:35 PM
Interesting update. I like the eyelashes, actually.

angelmama24
01-20-15, 04:47 PM
I almost fell a sense of guilt for this update I did ask for this catalog or suggested it for HALLOWEEN. In the suggestion thread so if it was because of that we got it now and people don't like it I'm sorry it was totally meant for Halloween not saying that TL took my suggestion, but I only ask for the catalog or suggested it and other one for the holiday, like I said only for Halloween not a whole theme or box intended. And this whole post looks redundant.. LOL but I'll post the whole thing anyway because I feel bad and not really the suggestion I was making.

I don't think you were the only one to suggest this theme (won't mention any names). So on the one hand, TL is finally listening to some of our suggestions. On the other hand, I don't like it at all. Well, I do like the boots and gloves. I won't be playing "wheel of fortune" with this box.

JustKay
01-20-15, 05:14 PM
I'm an Android user and still do not have the new Supply Cube chest. When can Android users expect to get the new update? Will we be given a link to DL the update or will it be like last time where no notice was given for us to go to the PlayStore to DL the new update. Don't mean to sound so cynical but it's hard not to be when the dynamics seem to favor to one side over another. Yes, I'm aware that this song has been playing in your ears for some time, but honestly why don't Android users get these updates simultaneously with Apple users?

The last time (ballet) they put up a basic message box to let users know the new version was available. Then a week later they did the usual gem giveaway for downloading the app. The delayed timing might not actually be TL's fault. New apps have to go through an approval process before they are released. It might be that TL have finished the submission but it is still waiting on approval. I've heard that Google is less rigorous than Apple, but it would still take time. Hopefully it will be out in a day or two :) In recent times Android has never completely missed an iOS update. I wonder if this is an official HG tie-in or whether they'll call it something like Fashion Story Arena, or Fashion Story B*t*h Slap :p

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 05:15 PM
I like the 1st place prize, but saving my GEMS for Valentine's.

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 05:19 PM
The last time (ballet) they put up a basic message box to let users know the new version was available. Then a week later they did the usual gem giveaway for downloading the app. The delayed timing might not actually be TL's fault. New apps have to go through an approval process before they are released. It might be that TL have finished the submission but it is still waiting on approval. I've heard that Google is less rigorous than Apple, but it would still take time. Hopefully it will be out in a day or two :) In recent times Android has never completely missed an iOS update. I wonder if this is an official HG tie-in or whether they'll call it something like Fashion Story Arena, or Fashion Story B*t*h Slap :p

Hahaha.. I'll go with Beach Slap.

JustKay
01-20-15, 05:34 PM
Inspiration

Loosely. I would have preferred they had stayed truer to the original. The mannequin looks like she's being attacked by butterflies... and ladies, this is why you don't wash mannequin wigs with floral shampoo...

The two big displays have some very nice detail, but the rest of the items are a bit average. Thank you TL for posting an image of all the items in the box. It's nice to see staff posting here again and it helps with the decision making. Not sure how much of this I can use in my stores. The arrows might have been more useful in my okiya if there was a target or a bow holding mannequin. Everything is a bit too futuristic for any of my stores. The catalog has some nice detail on it. Glad the gloves are for coins. I can actually use these for my gym's biker chick avatar. Would have been interesting to see a bow and arrow as avatar items, but I guess putting weapons in a game like this might not go down very well.

I'm confused about the timing. The "new" movie has come and long gone (Japan had it in 27 Dec), unless they're coinciding with a release date in some backwater theatre. Halloween was even before the movie release dates. They could have held this one until the last movie comes out.

Movie tie-ins are a great idea, but only if you get the timing right or go for some timeless classic or cult hit. HG is a weird pick. Fashion is only really a side theme in the movie. I'd like to see more movie tie ins, but not sure if putting everything in a box works. I'd have a few items outside so that people could start a display and then if they really wanted to build it out they'd tap into the box.

megan3ID
01-20-15, 05:39 PM
Oh no...This IS a random update...

gotalotaluv
01-20-15, 05:57 PM
Colors would have been GREAT for fall. I think this one is for the kiddies w Xmas money left to spend and the vday will be for the adult thrifty gem spenders. I've read the books, seen the movies, and they did an AWESOME job w the box...it's just the timing sux.

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 06:07 PM
Long as they don't mess with Valentine's it's my second favorite Holiday for Fashion, they usually do a great job so don't disappoint us TL please don't let us down :)

goingcountry
01-20-15, 06:26 PM
Is there even an update?? I haven't noticed anything different. It has been extremely long since we have had any challenges and I know I love being able to complete challenges in order to win a nice addition to add to My boutique! I am sure there are more fashion story players who would love to have that as well....

goingcountry
01-20-15, 06:36 PM
KarenK71.... I am feeling your pain! I'm also an Android user and I feel like the Not Popular At All group. Do I stink or something????? LOL!!

CuteTali
01-20-15, 08:04 PM
Valentine's please! PINK and red stuff !

I was hoping for this too!! Disappointed that it's not, but I am happy that we got the dreaded box update BEFORE all the vday stuff. Because I want to buy everything I can buy from the vday updates and I don't want a box to interefere with that.

Also glad to see another 13H catalogue, 10-14H catalogues are great for over night, without having to rush to pick up my orders soon as I wake up.

P.S. The catalogue is hideous, but that's good, I don't want to buy anything now that's not vday related, I'm gonna need a lot of gems for all the pink and red stuff that I really hope we'll get soon.

Bellamiux
01-20-15, 08:44 PM
I'm a fan of hunger games and it's nice and different however is not something I want on my boutique lol 24g for a chance of that mannequin is not worth it xD

orleansparish
01-20-15, 09:33 PM
I wish I'd gotten the other 2nd place prize or two of the eyelashes. I cannot find anywhere to put it at the moment. I also wish my chances had been increased before I opened the box five times. Overall, I don't worry about what the clothes look like. I'm Happy it's a longer catalog and I needed more black to get gems from. It just seemed out of the blue considering the awesomeness from last week. Maybe I'll try the box once more, I just need three more gems and then Im done. Will save gems again for the next round of items I adore.

jojopeanut
01-20-15, 10:35 PM
I was hoping for this too!! Disappointed that it's not, but I am happy that we got the dreaded box update BEFORE all the vday stuff. Because I want to buy everything I can buy from the vday updates and I don't want a box to interefere with that.

Also glad to see another 13H catalogue, 10-14H catalogues are great for over night, without having to rush to pick up my orders soon as I wake up.

P.S. The catalogue is hideous, but that's good, I don't want to buy anything now that's not vday related, I'm gonna need a lot of gems for all the pink and red stuff that I really hope we'll get soon.

Agree everything you said. And they better not mess up Valentine's :) one of the best Holidays for FS

jewelfang
01-20-15, 10:48 PM
I am by no means young anymore, but I still like The Hunger Games. The books are great (the movies so far are ok).

I actually really like the mannequin and the big displays out of the box! Very nicely designed. But there is no way I'm risking getting the parachute or supply crates, so this box is a no go for me (once I get the update, lol).

I'm curious about the catalogue, sounds like some interesting avatar items. Kind of sad they went with the combat suit though. So many interesting fashions from those books, and they gave us the arena combat suit, lol.

Still, I applaud them for an interesting theme. If these had not been in a box, I would have gone nuts buying those mannequins, and the Outsider Fashion display as well.
I also appreciate them posting here in the thread and paying attention to our feedback. The higher chance of better prizes for this box is a nice touch.

aishaibrahims
01-21-15, 02:31 AM
NEW VERSION available now! Its called 'fashion story arena fierce' and im so so excited to say i got 1st prize on my 1st try!! I couldnt believe it. The chances definitely have been increased, on a neighbours wall i saw a post from somebody else saying they got it 1st try too! And around the community i have seen afew with 1st and 2nd displays. Now i have gems left for vtines box. Thanks tl for increasing the chances xx

VanaCatu
01-21-15, 03:55 AM
I don't understand this eternal pain for new versions.
I appreciate that I have a possibility to get free gems / gold every week! iOS users have not.
New items, they what? Will disappear? No. Everything timed / for sale - they always put in game regardless of versions.
So I can easily wait couple of days to get my gems for download, and all items I like.

andromedablack
01-21-15, 04:03 AM
I'm not a fan of the hunger games or a box opener or want to fill my boutique in black clothes so nothing for me this week, I'll wait for the goal to download the new version and keep my gems for Valentine's.
That's a box I wouldn't touch even if the odds to get 1st place were 50%, but if they increased the possibility of 1st and 2nd prizes from the old Valentine's boxes I'd definitely try for the pucker up display and the gazebo!

KarenK71
01-21-15, 10:05 AM
So what will the series update be called for Android users who have to download off PlayStore? Last series was called Fashion Story Ballet. Some have suggested the name is Fashion Story Arena or Outsider, has a series name been applied to your knowledge if so can you tell us what it is?

VanaCatu
01-21-15, 10:14 AM
It's been told almost 8 hrs ago...

jojopeanut
01-21-15, 10:32 AM
So what will the series update be called for Android users who have to download off PlayStore? Last series was called Fashion Story Ballet. Some have suggested the name is Fashion Story Arena or Outsider, has a series name been applied to your knowledge if so can you tell us what it is?

Fashion Story Arena Fierce In goggle play :)

AuntyRose32
01-21-15, 11:43 AM
I love the outsider fashion display, manaquinn, arrow jewelry and trendy shoes but I don't think I'll be opening this box, I'd be really disappointed if I got the other items that are in there. I like the 13 hour for the catalogue but don't like the outfit itself, a bit too drab for me.

aiyoosha
01-21-15, 06:29 PM
Well looks like I didn't miss anything. This update ain't for me.

KarenK71
01-21-15, 09:55 PM
What doesn't make any sense to me is that we're in a game called Fashion Story and the latest update's inspiration came from the Hunger Games; so instead of providing us with some closet and catalog items of the ostentatious clothing and wigs worn by people in the capital we get the plain outfit worn by the tributes in the arena. The creative department had the opportunity to go wildly colorful with some very crazy clothing designs and do some completely outrageous unforgivable wigs, but it looks like the person that submitted that idea was out voted. I am thankful there is a display decor piece that mimics some of the clothing worn by the people in the capital, but I think many of us would have loved to see the crazy-colorful fashion of the capital in place of the arena clothing we were given. Maybe we might see these items in the future, I can't predict this but it doesn't stop me from dreaming.

minidemon88
01-22-15, 04:06 AM
Meh updates! Although I do like the colorful eyelashes, outsider fashion and the trendy shoes. But with my luck, I'll most likely end up with the arrows, mini parachute or the much worst ever the supplies! Which doesn't even belong to a boutique. :rolleyes:

Ps: I see they're removing seasonal items batch by batch out from the other games but not in fashion. I assumed we're safe then. Lol :p But even if we're getting the axe soon, I hope they will label the item(s) clearly and correctly please.

angelmama24
01-22-15, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know if there is still an increased chance of getting 1st and 2nd place prizes today? Or was that only for yesterday? Thanks.

ioiooooo1
01-22-15, 09:05 AM
I havent the new update -.- whyyyy???
My phone is a android.

angelmama24
01-22-15, 09:43 AM
I havent the new update -.- whyyyy???
My phone is a android.

The new version is available in the playstore.

orleansparish
01-22-15, 11:48 AM
Meh updates! Although I do like the colorful eyelashes, outsider fashion and the trendy shoes. But with my luck, I'll most likely end up with the arrows, mini parachute or the much worst ever the supplies! Which doesn't even belong to a boutique. :rolleyes:

Ps: I see they're removing seasonal items batch by batch out from the other games but not in fashion. I assumed we're safe then. Lol :p But even if we're getting the axe soon, I hope they will label the item(s) clearly and correctly please.

Shhhhh. Don't give them ideas. I'm hoping they forgot while busy pulling stuff in the other games. I haven't even gotten the first gems from the last green dress and items last year. I have all my slots busy but I really need to get started tomorrow. Id hate to not grab those gems while I can. And the dress is a pretty green.

JustKay
01-22-15, 06:17 PM
Shhhhh. Don't give them ideas. I'm hoping they forgot while busy pulling stuff in the other games. I haven't even gotten the first gems from the last green dress and items last year. I have all my slots busy but I really need to get started tomorrow. Id hate to not grab those gems while I can. And the dress is a pretty green.

Wow, you are really behind. I have the 4 and 13 hour mastered, 6 hour is virtually done, and I have the 20 hour catalog up to level 2 already... on all three of my accounts. I'm thinking about the Arena outfit now since they used to pull these but since Country, Pool, Ballet and 80's they haven't been withdrawn.

I mentioned this before, but maybe this year they won't be pulling holiday\seasonal content. The updates this year have been very small so it might make sense to leave them until at least next year so people can start decorating earlier if future updates will also still be small. Also if the FS player base is shrinking and they're investing in smaller updates then it makes sense not to withdraw content at all (smaller returns over a longer period). They already have a large backlog of limited content they can cycle through.

Jade_Kisses
01-23-15, 08:30 PM
I tried my luck on the Supply Box after I read that they increased the chances for getting 1st and 2nd prize. I got Outsider Fashion (1st prize) on the first try and the colorful ashes (2nd prize) and trendy shoes (2nd prize) on my second and third try. I like them but I actually wanted the Arena Fashion, which would complement the Wild Trip and Wild Collections display I have.

3chimom
01-24-15, 08:51 AM
The amazon app has the update. Google Play did not. They must be doing an update.

Arena theme definitely not thrilling.

The Android update is on Google Play! For some reason it doesn't go to the top when you do a search. Go to Games, type in Fashion Story. The original and ballet show up. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it. :)

3chimom
01-24-15, 09:10 AM
The Android update is truly a disappointment! This game is called Fashion Story. Why the heck would I want a bundle of arrows, a parachute with box is attached to it, or a stack of old crates in my store? Doesn't make sense! A true true disappointment and a waste of gems. They should have invested time and energy into a nice February / Valentine update. They need to start listening to their customers and what they are asking for. If you read through these threads people are practically begging for fun colorful updates such as Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day. But instead we are getting mediocre and drab updates. TeamLava needs to wake up and smell the coffee! Don't waste your gems!:confused:

sally_brown
01-24-15, 02:20 PM
If the boxes were for coins, I'd consider creating a stockroom and putting them in there.

JustKay
01-25-15, 07:16 PM
I tried my luck on the Supply Box after I read that they increased the chances for getting 1st and 2nd prize. I got Outsider Fashion (1st prize) on the first try and the colorful ashes (2nd prize) and trendy shoes (2nd prize) on my second and third try. I like them but I actually wanted the Arena Fashion, which would complement the Wild Trip and Wild Collections display I have.

They must have done a real number on those 1st & 2nd prize odds. I said previously I wished they made a (solo) mannequin with a bow and arrow (a ninja in my japanese garden maybe), and could only really use the smaller one tile fourth place items in my gym. Bam, one try for a 4th place item and I get the first place Arena Fashion, which rightly so does have a mannequin with a bow and arrow *doh* ... now there is a giant crater in the middle of my gym with commando's crawling out of it, and one of them is perving on my swimming pool beauties with his binoculars >o<

Meh, could be worse I could have gotten the eyelashes or the weird arrow decorated tree.

Bellamiux
01-25-15, 08:18 PM
I tried this box like 5 times and as always no 1st price i got 2 4th place and two 2nd place that are small and not of my likings and the mannequin i think is 3rd or 4th is the only one i like -_- TL have some mercy of me and give me some 1st PLACES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

DragonWished
01-26-15, 12:47 PM
The Android update is on Google Play! For some reason it doesn't go to the top when you do a search. Go to Games, type in Fashion Story. The original and ballet show up. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it. :)

Thank you. I'm waiting for the official invitation to download the new Google Play version for gems.

The theme, box and catalog don't appeal to me at all. But free gems appeal to me greatly. :-)

jojopeanut
01-26-15, 08:27 PM
I'm waiting for the goal prompt to. I hope tomorrow it comes through especially if the update is good will be hard to wait.

orleansparish
01-26-15, 09:21 PM
There seems to be three different 2nd place prizes in this box. The eyelashes, the outsider and one with four girls in hikiling gear. It's pretty cool looking. It would go well with the safari or hiking display I now wish I had. And the one during the 80s updates. With three girls and the black fence in the background. Don't know what it's called and Im too lazy to look.

IF it was something I felt like doing or had more displays to go with it, Id have attempted to open the box some more. Especially since they gave us supposed better chances. But Id rather use any future gems I get on the plaid box or the upcoming Valentine one, IF we get some nice things in one.

JustKay
01-26-15, 09:55 PM
There seems to be three different 2nd place prizes in this box. The eyelashes, the outsider and one with four girls in hikiling gear. It's pretty cool looking.

I think it's actually a first prize. I got the Arena Fashion (four "hiking" mannequins in a crater) and I remember being surprised that it was a first prize when I thought the Outsider one was the first prize (as someone else mentioned). Dunno about the Outsider Fashion display, but the Arena Fashion is a big 4x4 and it's pretty detailed.

Again TL seem to be experimenting again. I'd say that if they put two first prizes in a box at 1% chance, then if anybody wants to collect them all they'll have to spend twice as much trying for both first place prizes. Based of the 54/35/10/1 luck ratios, the box must do a two stage calculation to determine your prize. First it determines which tier, then which item from that tier. Hence if you're trying for just one of the first place prizes, even if you're lucky enough to hit the 1% you would then have a 50% chance of getting the wrong 'other' 1st place display >_<

Improving your chances when the box is first released is a nice gesture though, and these 1st place prizes are definitely worth it.

orleansparish
01-26-15, 10:07 PM
I think it's actually a first prize. I got the Arena Fashion (four "hiking" mannequins in a crater) and I remember being surprised that it was a first prize when I thought the Outsider one was the first prize (as someone else mentioned). Dunno about the Outsider Fashion display, but the Arena Fashion is a big 4x4 and it's pretty detailed.

Again TL seem to be experimenting again. I'd say that if they put two first prizes in a box at 1% chance, then if anybody wants to collect them all they'll have to spend twice as much trying for both first place prizes. Also, if you're trying for just one of the first place prizes, even if you're lucky enough to hit the 1% you would then have a 50% chance of getting the wrong 'other' 1st place display >_< Improving your chances when the box is first released is a nice gesture though, and these 1st place prizes are definitely worth it.

That's what it's called! Just saw it in a shop last night. This is the first box with more than one first prize. I love it because both are huge and the boys are definitely cute in the one we see on here. The girls look great too. I think this box threw us for a loop and its the reason why they changed it up and Increased our chances. Although, I still saw the eyelashes should have been a 3rd place. Someone marked something wrong.

I don't see this happening with other boxes. I also don't think we will spend more or less. Folks have been having pretty decent luck. I just don't want to try it again until I get more displays to match what's available. Id be miffed if I gor even the first place ones, because the outsider is the only one workable in how Id decoraye my place.

password666
01-27-15, 01:57 AM
Hi, I need some help, I seem to be missing a lot of updates...I ve seen 4 outfits that should be in the catalog...any suggestions?

CuteTali
01-27-15, 07:08 AM
Hi, I need some help, I seem to be missing a lot of updates...I ve seen 4 outfits that should be in the catalog...any suggestions?

Which ones? They could be catalogues that are no longer available or if you're on android, they could be from previous versions that you only get if you installed those versions in the past.

filochick1982
01-27-15, 05:20 PM
Well they definitely increased the odds. I got the first place Outsider Fashion on my 11th try, so clearly Im not as lucky as others who got it on their first try, but this is the 2nd time only I've ever received first place prizes from opening boxes. I actually wanted that eyelashes counter but I'm happy I also got one of the Fiery Mannequin but I did get some useless arrows, parachutes, and supplies as well. Maybe I will do a outdoor theme one day so I can also use the safari LTO I bought ages ago just so I don't feel these items are a complete waste of gems.

JustKay
01-27-15, 07:18 PM
My impression was that they boosted the chance of getting a 1st place item for a limited time, like maybe for the first week (as an incentive to get the Android version before they give the gems goal to download it). I didn't think they were permanently changing the luck ratios for the mystery box tiers. I expected it to go back to normal after the special period. I could be wrong though. In fact I'd love to be wrong if it improved chances on future boxes :D

The super old surprise box actually had two 1st place prizes, but one of them was an avatar dress so I guess that might not count.

filochick1982
01-27-15, 07:31 PM
The change to the odds is only to celebrate the release of the new Android version for this update/box release. They have no plans to change the odds for other boxes, unfortunately. I saw a post from a community manager in Bakery Story about it.

This was a special one-time change to celebrate our Fashion Story: Arena Fierce (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.fashionstory41) edition on Google Play. Sorry for the confusion! Bakery Story (and future Fashion Story boxes) will continue with the regular drop rates.

My impression was that they boosted the chance of getting a 1st place item for a limited time, like maybe for the first week (as an incentive to get the Android version before they give the gems goal to download it). I didn't think they were permanently changing the luck ratios for the mystery box tiers. I expected it to go back to normal after the special period. I could be wrong though. In fact I'd love to be wrong if it improved chances on future boxes :D

The super old surprise box actually had two 1st place prizes, but one of them was an avatar dress so I guess that might not count.

orleansparish
01-27-15, 08:08 PM
Well they definitely increased the odds. I got the first place Outsider Fashion on my 11th try, so clearly Im not as lucky as others who got it on their first try, but this is the 2nd time only I've ever received first place prizes from opening boxes. I actually wanted that eyelashes counter but I'm happy I also got one of the Fiery Mannequin but I did get some useless arrows, parachutes, and supplies as well. Maybe I will do a outdoor theme one day so I can also use the safari LTO I bought ages ago just so I don't feel these items are a complete waste of gems.

Are you on android? The outsider is supposed to be a 2nd place item. Im all into color combo themes now. This makes me want to try the box again. I just wish I knew if the increased chances will remain or be removed anytime soon. As curious as I am to give the box a try, there are still other items I want to win first. And congrats on it! Its really pretty and would work at any time of the year.

filochick1982
01-27-15, 11:45 PM
Are you on android? The outsider is supposed to be a 2nd place item. Im all into color combo themes now. This makes me want to try the box again. I just wish I knew if the increased chances will remain or be removed anytime soon. As curious as I am to give the box a try, there are still other items I want to win first. And congrats on it! Its really pretty and would work at any time of the year.

I play on iOS. The Outsider Fashion is the 1st place prize. The Arena Fashion and Colourful Lashes are 2nd place. I'm happy to get it because I think it would work great as a Mardi Gras type of display and would go well with the Purple Mardi Gras display I already have.

orleansparish
01-28-15, 03:30 AM
I play on iOS. The Outsider Fashion is the 1st place prize. The Arena Fashion and Colourful Lashes are 2nd place. I'm happy to get it because I think it would work great as a Mardi Gras type of display and would go well with the Purple Mardi Gras display I already have.

Speaking of Mardi Gras, it's coming up soon and Id love to do a little section for it, but I need more items. I'll be good and not eat too much King cake, so my shop can be the next best thing.

ievuxia
01-31-15, 12:50 PM
Hey guys who haven't installed Arena Fierce, have u got the goal yet? Seems really strange as it's been quite a long time and I haven't gotten a goal to install the new edition.. I want my 6gems. Lol

CuteTali
01-31-15, 01:47 PM
Hey guys who haven't installed Arena Fierce, have u got the goal yet? Seems really strange as it's been quite a long time and I haven't gotten a goal to install the new edition.. I want my 6gems. Lol

No goal here either.

sally_brown
01-31-15, 02:12 PM
I'm glad there's nothing I want in the new version so I don't mind waiting to see if there is a goal.

JustKay
02-01-15, 12:00 AM
Gah!! I thought after getting the first place Arena Fashion already I must have used up all my luck. I just want some of the fourth place items, so it's been more than a week has passed so the boosted luck should be over right? I have had no patience with mystery boxes recently and in all my other attempts, I've always gotten more 4th place prizes than I know what to do with. So I try again, arrow jewelry... sucks as the least desirable item IMO but ok. Even though it's 3rd prize I guess this is the "bad luck" I was hoping for. Then I get the butterfly mannequin, ok, I can make this work in my gym. Girl steps out of shower after washing hair; gets attacked by butterflies... next I get the table of shoes which is 2nd prize. Useless in a gym. This is luck I don't want, but at least I must have used it up by now. Then BAM another Arena Fashion! which is like first prize for my game and is huge so I'm already having trouble fitting the one in my store! Gah!! Why did I have to be so impatient? I'm swearing off the Supply Box now.

filochick1982
02-13-15, 02:15 AM
The Arena Fashion is 2nd place. The Outsider Fashion is the 1st place prize. Are you playing on Android because with some boxes, it tellsyou the 2nd place prize is 1st place and vice versa.

Gah!! I thought after getting the first place Arena Fashion already I must have used up all my luck. I just want some of the fourth place items, so it's been more than a week has passed so the boosted luck should be over right? I have had no patience with mystery boxes recently and in all my other attempts, I've always gotten more 4th place prizes than I know what to do with. So I try again, arrow jewelry... sucks as the least desirable item IMO but ok. Even though it's 3rd prize I guess this is the "bad luck" I was hoping for. Then I get the butterfly mannequin, ok, I can make this work in my gym. Girl steps out of shower after washing hair; gets attacked by butterflies... next I get the table of shoes which is 2nd prize. Useless in a gym. This is luck I don't want, but at least I must have used it up by now. Then BAM another Arena Fashion! which is like first prize for my game and is huge so I'm already having trouble fitting the one in my store! Gah!! Why did I have to be so impatient? I'm swearing off the Supply Box now.

JustKay
02-13-15, 10:45 PM
The Arena Fashion is 2nd place. The Outsider Fashion is the 1st place prize. Are you playing on Android because with some boxes, it tellsyou the 2nd place prize is 1st place and vice versa.

Well that would explain my "luck". I play on iOS though. This was all before the Android download goal so I would not have downloaded any Android version that were capable of buying this box.

It definitely said first prize since the "1st" price label was silvery, like this so:
http://i52.tinypic.com/rbedu1.jpg

Whereas the second place is bright pink:
http://i47.tinypic.com/15377m9.png

My impression was always that TL had two first places for this box. Second place was the table of shoes (I got one). Did you get the Arena Fashion displaying as a 2nd prize? I should have taken a picture the second time around, but to be honest, it doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong :)

filochick1982
02-14-15, 05:03 AM
Sorry I didn't realise there were 2 x 1st place prizes! I thought the Arena Fashion and Colourful Lashes were the 2nd place prizes. I play on iOS and got the Outsider Fashion which is definitely one of the 1st place prizes.