PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do??

twinmommy03
01-19-15, 08:29 AM
I have enough coins and supplies to upgrade something, but I'm not sure which will be most beneficial. Here are my options:

1) Upgrade pantry from 45 to 50
2) Upgrade General Store from 2 to 3
3) Upgrade Butcher from 2 to 3
4) Upgrade Veggie Stand from 2 to 3
5) Do nothing because I'm about to level up to level 22 and I will need these items for something there

FYI, I already have 5 open slots in the Street Market, but like everyone else, I'm on hold waiting for Lilly to drop seeds.

WWYD?? Thanks!

tiggerhobbes
01-19-15, 09:04 AM
I just hit level 40, looking back, pantry upgrade had been one of the most important things i did that I wish I had started earlier.

Main reason being you expan storage capacity for both building parts and for ingredients. The bigger the storage, the better you will be able to collect from street market by chance and hold onto key ingredients until you have everything. Increasing storage capacity increased the fun and reduced the stress for me every time.

Another major reason is parts -- you're probably close to the point where you have to start deleting parts because you start running out of storage and you're just missing that one item. Parts are previous, parts are painful to delete. Having greater storage capacity allowed me to hang onto the parts longer and give it time to even out. I've found that on some days I keep getting one item and on another day I keep getting something else. With a large enough storage capacity hopefully I don't have to keep deleting one thing after another and allow them to even out.

With that said, a lot of recipes call for 3x ingredients, so not having store capacity @3 is kind of painful.

I think most peole find vegetables to be the item that's holding them hostage. I.e. they will have all other ingredients collected but need to wait a very long time for vegetables to restock. So upgrading that first would also make sense.

I think how you upgrade will probably influence your play style and the recipe combinations that you end up choosing. For example, I focus on upgrading street market and pantry, so there's a lot of chance elements, but low predictability. WHich means I might end up cooking many different recipes as random items become available to me, and I often run out of counter space. That forces me to favor recipes that have low servings but high coinage. If you have more predictable collection schedule then you can probably use higher yield recipes and won't have to worry as much about counter space.

I wish more people will write about what they have unlocked and how that affect their game play, LOL. I certainly think a lot about all the what-if's.

mcmug17
01-19-15, 02:47 PM
I'm a lvl 23. Both Pantry and Toolbox at 65. GS and B x3, VM x4, SM x3.

Early on I knew veggies would hold me back significantly. I made sure I put my effort into upgrading that first. Tiggerhobbes is right. I have a total of 6 counters and I focus on high yield recipes. (I always stack House blend spice to Osso Buco). I haven't visited the SM for a long time. I don't even put out the Diner's stove anymore. I reap in $25k to $30k a day without babying it too much.

Looking back, I shouldn't have expanded SM to 3 slots at all.

deucedeuce22
01-19-15, 07:59 PM

Early on I knew veggies would hold me back significantly. I made sure I put my effort into upgrading that first. Tiggerhobbes is right. I have a total of 6 counters and I focus on high yield recipes. (I always stack House blend spice to Osso Buco). I haven't visited the SM for a long time. I don't even put out the Diner's stove anymore. I reap in $25k to $30k a day without babying it too much.

So you spent a weeks worth of income to upgrade your vegetable market one slot? You're going to have a slow time later on, when recipes take a lot of coins and time. You'll hit a serious logjam of too many ingredients with no where to use them. Good luck though, I hope you post back with your later results.

mcmug17
01-19-15, 09:35 PM
So you spent a weeks worth of income to upgrade your vegetable market one slot? You're going to have a slow time later on, when recipes take a lot of coins and time. You'll hit a serious logjam of too many ingredients with no where to use them. Good luck though, I hope you post back with your later results.

Thanks for the heads up. I certainly hope my strategy will work all the way.

Let me explain what has worked for me so far. I'm at a point where I'm not at all concerned about coins. I didn't spend one week's worth of coins to upgrade. I know for a fact that I upgraded to vegx4 just the day before and now I'm almost in the position to upgrade Butcher x4 if I want to (but I won't since I want to save the coins for the big things and recipes at lvl 25). I've watched my coins grow since I last posted here and in half a day I pulled in $30k. I think the fact that being able to put out at least 2 house spiced Osso Buco a day helped. As long as I have food out on the table, I'm pulling in about $5k an hour.

I also can't check in the game every hour during the week so I prefer slow recipes. I'm also not concerned about having "too many ingredients" since they all restock at different hours. I always have the option of not picking something up! And when I want 4 onions I know when to expect them, if not already ready waiting for me.

I'll definitely update my progress in the future though.

twinmommy03
01-20-15, 09:22 AM

So Deuce, are you saying that at some point past level 23 the game starts requiring more coins than parts?

enaid03
01-20-15, 10:12 AM
I'm level 28 now. I asked a similar question last week.

I already had the veggie market at 3. I ended up going with the pantry. I was at a point then I was deleting nails, now I am waiting for them appear. I need another nail then I'm upgrading the pantry again. You will parts for the seafood market, and had I realized it, I would have waited on other upgrades.

It seems recipes are more expensive, as are the ingredients. I started waiting until I actually needed the ingredients since some are available earlier than you need them.

I have the parts and coins for the next expansion, but it would leave me with a smaller amount of coins. I'm almost to the next level, so before I expand, I'm going to wait until I level up to expand.

rosewaterlily
01-20-15, 05:35 PM

I have all the same expansions as you except I'm level 29 and my pantry/toolbox is at 70. I'm also expanded to expansion 6. I just opened the fourth slot on my veggie market since I have a goal asking for four stew and four potato soup and waiting for all those potatoes was taking forever. I haven't bothered to learn the salmon sushi recipe since it takes so long to refresh salmon and I prefer to use it on the high yield baked salmon recipe. Haven't learned meatloaf either, since right now it's the only recipe that requires peas and I don't think it's worth unlocking it just yet when it's the only pea recipe that I can make on my current level and it requires onions. Next up is probably expansion 7 since I have all blueprints and would like use them up to no longer take space in my toolbox, plus the higher level recipes seem to be locked by expansions. Then I'll probably aim for the fourth slot on the general store to get more rice for making the six-coin veggie sushi more regularly.