PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

danzplace
01-18-15, 09:14 AM
I didn't participate last year. Any suggestions on how to prep? I was well prepared for Christmas thanks to tips from others.

katbtodd
01-18-15, 09:22 AM
I have gone through two Valentine updates with castle story so far and both were so different, I am so hoping , with all of you that do not have the love shack ,they bring it back for all ,I get so thrilled when I see a scared wing or horn drop. And everybody needs to feel that excitement .so to answer your question I have no idea, how to prepare for the Valentine up date . May be some body esle has better idea,, to me just make sure inventory is high on every thing you can thing of

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-18-15, 11:38 AM
Just in case, right now I'm stocking up on...
* chocolate & cocoa
* strawberries
* sugar
* red & white petals and red dye

I'm wondering if it'll be another world event like H'ween, where we search for a candy like Red Hots or something ... OMG, I'd faint if it was the Love Shack (want that sooooooooooo bad!!!)
Would also like to see a return of the pink alicorns (wish I'd bought more last year lol)

Any other ideas, folks??

Ps. Another idea ... Maybe wood for those parchment pages to write luuuuuv letters? Lol

katbtodd
01-18-15, 12:09 PM
Wow great ideas thanks

danzplace
01-18-15, 12:43 PM
Agreed, great ideas. Love letters would be fun. A love shack would be awesome... Who wouldn't love another cut building. I do hope it's not as intense as the Halloween challenge. Still recovering from that one.

Liloze
01-18-15, 12:44 PM
Maybe they will introduce pink Ink by mixing Red with yellow dye lol
Or some new flowers?
Searching for hearts among trees?! Chop chop chop
Or A red Ruby? from rocks? Cropping cropping,
and make a necklace with Silver ore or Golden nuggets :)
But As NWK said, I would love to have a chance and get that much coveted LoveShack :)
So All that stuff to make sweets in the Kitchen / Bakery should be stocked up
Flowers of all colors, Mushroom as well, who knows what TL might do with them, they are red too lol
Tomatoes? Peppers? for a special spicey Valentine sauce? maybe with Ivy Hotsauce in it? lol
Strawberries / Milk shake?! :D Topped with Chocolate and Maybe Cherries ?
Hope they will give us a new Fruit Tree like Cherry Tree :)
So whatever is red like glimmer fragments might be needed as well ...
Hemm I wonder if they are going to introduce a new animal this year?! Cat?! Horse? They asked about them in the poll ...

jabbottscott
01-18-15, 01:35 PM
So glad someone posted this question because I have been wondering the same thing! Decided to stock up on cocoa,chocolate, strawberries and red petals too. Any other suggestions for those more experienced players? SO excited I know whatever it is will be great!

meme1098
01-18-15, 04:30 PM
I have 10 big rubies, 10 large sapphires 10 emeralds & 9 large topaz. We could craft some awesome jewelry with that. :)

Liloze
01-18-15, 04:36 PM
I have 10 big rubies, 10 large sapphires 10 emeralds & 9 large topaz. We could craft some awesome jewelry with that. :)

Yep, The Troll volt drops these now and then, Why not use them ? great idea :D

Queenzod
01-18-15, 11:11 PM
Maybe they will introduce pink Ink by mixing Red with yellow dye lol
Or some new flowers?
Searching for hearts among trees?! Chop chop chop
But As NWK said, I would love to have a chance and get that much coveted LoveShack :)

Pink dye can be made in the love shack. I just maxed out on it. It would be very nice if they brought it out again for people. I would love to look for candy hearts in the nooks and crannies of our kingdom! My dad used to hide candy hearts all over the house when I was growing up for Valentine's Day. We'd find them for weeks after. I can see a collection thing like last years St. Patrick's day event, but with candy hearts. That would be fun. B Mine!

jopik
01-19-15, 12:19 AM
I WANT A PINK DRAGON! That will drop energy or gem!;) What do you think?)

Chaotarch
01-19-15, 12:47 AM
I WANT A PINK DRAGON! That will drop energy or gem!;) What do you think?)

lol, a PINK dragon, ok why not, but than i whould BLACK unicorns for greselda....:cool:

Liloze
01-19-15, 09:56 AM
Pink dye can be made in the love shack. I just maxed out on it. It would be very nice if they brought it out again for people. I would love to look for candy hearts in the nooks and crannies of our kingdom! My dad used to hide candy hearts all over the house when I was growing up for Valentine's Day. We'd find them for weeks after. I can see a collection thing like last years St. Patrick's day event, but with candy hearts. That would be fun. B Mine!

Oh you are so lucky to have the LoveShack :)
I started playing directly after that Valentine event, and wanted it so bad for months lol
That is wondeful of you to share with us :o Yes Valentine is about love not only the "romantic" one :)

Great idea! That would be fun to search for these sweets :) And have those heart shaped pots filled with red yummy goodies, that we can chop for better goodies lol

roguebee
01-19-15, 10:36 AM
I like the suggestion of being able to send hearts to the queens of the land (and not just break them when you visit).

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-19-15, 01:10 PM
...I would love to look for candy hearts in the nooks and crannies of our kingdom! ....I can see a collection thing like last years St. Patrick's day event, but with candy hearts....

...And have those heart shaped pots filled with red yummy goodies, that we can chop for better goodies lol

...send hearts to the queens [insert: and kings] of the land (and not just break them when you visit).
I *heart* these ideas!!!

...and more red items in the market (& less pink than last year) lol

Bellagalla
01-21-15, 12:31 PM
I am excited and hope team lava doesnt skip valentine's. I have been all over the net trying to download the past valentine's, but zero luck. Not even itunes. I love the sparkle trees. Does anyone knows where i can get the past valentines downloads?::)

meme1098
01-21-15, 02:23 PM
What do you mean...Valentines downloads?

The quests from Valentine's 2014 & 2013 were both limited which means if you weren't playing at the time, the goals are gone & can't be accessed.

Bellagalla
01-21-15, 03:55 PM
Its the pits but their not releasing a new valentine edition. The will do the same thing they did for Christmas you may purchase a few things a goal or two but like the Christmas update it will cost jems, jems, jems. Not to happy. Still trying to find the old ones.

shambalaya
01-21-15, 04:11 PM
It will do you no good if you find them, the goals are not there any more, and you wouldn't be able to open the game anyway. I played the Valentines 2013 version of the game until one day I got a "no longer supported" message and the game wouldn't load, and I had to download the regular version.

Its the pits but their not releasing a new valentine edition. The will do the same thing they did for Christmas you may purchase a few things a goal or two but like the Christmas update it will cost jems, jems, jems. Not to happy. Still trying to find the old ones.

reliquary
01-21-15, 08:50 PM
Weird but...I have a neighbor that befriended me about 3 months ago with a lv.5 Valentine's edition. Now she's in lv. 20 something.....pink and red everywhere.
There is a chance that she left it at lv. 1 last February.....but I asked and she said no, she had a friend allow her to use her old iTunes downloads receipts to put it on her device.

I think she already got to a point where she had to update, but she does have the love shack.......sooooo envious!

Jir67
01-22-15, 01:47 AM
I never played Valentine edition (only dowloaded it for gem reward) to much pink for me
but I have the love shack... :)

Seriously700
01-22-15, 07:26 AM
I have gone through two Valentine updates with castle story so far and both were so different, I am so hoping , with all of you that do not have the love shack ,they bring it back for all ,I get so thrilled when I see a scared wing or horn drop. And everybody needs to feel that excitement .

What a nice way of putting it!

I too would love to have a love shack. I love flowers and am jealous of the pretty varieties people can make in it. And to have a chance at crafting an alicorn would be awesome! I came close to buying one during the holiday sale, but read that they are huge gem traps so I'm not willing to spend gems on one until they add a gem confirmation button.

Newer players are really getting to be at a disadvantage. Most, maybe even all, of the special 2014 items are not available in the market. Pink alicorn, cauldron, summer gazebo, holiday feast table, pyre event dragons, spooky tree, haunted mansion, winter bakery were all limited. What a huge difference to have access to them!

katbtodd
01-22-15, 08:00 AM
What a nice way of putting it!

I too would love to have a love shack. I love flowers and am jealous of the pretty varieties people can make in it. And to have a chance at crafting an alicorn would be awesome! I came close to buying one during the holiday sale, but read that they are huge gem traps so I'm not willing to spend gems on one until they add a gem confirmation button.

Newer players are really getting to be at a disadvantage. Most, maybe even all, of the special 2014 items are not available in the market. Pink alicorn, cauldron, summer gazebo, holiday feast table, pyre event dragons, spooky tree, haunted mansion, winter bakery were all limited. What a huge difference to have access to them!

I remember last year every body was asking for the love shack to come back and they said not this year, but may be next year ,I hope they remember what they Said

Liloze
01-22-15, 09:17 AM
I remember last year every body was asking for the love shack to come back and they said not this year, but may be next year ,I hope they remember what they Said

Ditto, I have everything, absolutely everything, except the Love Shack, because I started playing in March 2013 :(
Hopefully they will bring it back this year :)
Remember Pleaaaase TL ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-30-15, 08:29 AM
Chocolate-covered strawberries, anyone? Lol

PS. I want a cherry tree! :)

Liloze
01-30-15, 08:56 AM
Chocolate-covered strawberries, anyone? Lol

PS. I want a cherry tree! :)

Oh yes in a heart shaped dish :)
Cherry tree and/or grapevines and have grapes,
make wine and we all dine at the LOVE SHACK and celebrate Valentine ;)
Hear us TL? :p lol

ziggybruiser
01-30-15, 12:50 PM
In other games I play, once a year they have a bring em back week or two which allows new members to catch up. Wish they had it with this game as I only started playing in October

maayyaat
01-30-15, 11:27 PM
In other games I play, once a year they have a bring em back week or two which allows new members to catch up. Wish they had it with this game as I only started playing in October

I so much want the loveshack, and those sparkling and heart trees,and the pink flowers,and the alicorns..I started playing after valentine and I couldnt buy any of those, please bring them back this year!

lanster123
01-31-15, 08:57 AM
I think it's only fair that they bring back the love shack. It's been two years since it was last available. I am lucky that I started playing when I did so I have one but it's not fair that people that have been playing for 1year and 11 months don't. It is awesome when you get a horn or wing drop to craft an alicorn and everyone should be able to do so! Please bring it back team lava!

SpiritWind00
01-31-15, 02:54 PM
Just out for interest I found a post I'd written back in July 2014 in the Alicorn thread about what the LS was/is used for.

Here's the link to that post. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?45933-Alicorn-Thread&p=932102&viewfull=1#post932102)

enaid03
01-31-15, 04:14 PM
Just out for interest I found a post I'd written back in July 2014 in the Alicorn thread about what the LS was/is used for.

Here's the link to that post. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?45933-Alicorn-Thread&p=932102&viewfull=1#post932102)

Not trying to stir the pot, but I'd disagree with you on not players not missing out. I use mine daily to this day.

I continue to sent my knight's on the Valentine's adventure, some times as a filler back when I wanted them to adventure, but not use a certain feast in case I needed it. I collect daily from my pink animals.

For the longest time until they recently came out with multi colored hedge or faerie flowerbed, I had made a gazillion valentine botany plants. Never had an issue with red petals like other players. I've only put the plants away in the past couple months.

And of course, at a time like this where TL is probably going to release valentine's item's on 2/12 (hopefully not but I'm not happy about this week's "update") I have the ability to craft some decor.