PDA

View Full Version : Game Version Question

ShakierPuddle07
01-17-15, 11:12 PM
What pulled my attention to the forums a couple days ago was something I have never experienced before. My original version of the regular Dragon Story app is displaying the screen and features of Dragon Story: New Dawn, which is not even available in my Google Play store.
A couple days ago, I tried to power up my tablet and noticed that it was out of battery energy. So I plugged it in to charge and waited until it had a significant amount of power before I powered it up again. Once it turned on, I notified that all of my games were in there present space on my home screen, except for Dragon Story. I looked in my storage and notified that the game was still on my device, so I put the shortcut back on my home screen. I then opened it up, only to notice right away that something was different. At the top of the loading screen, phrases were popping up that I hadn't ever noticed before and that were never there. Things like: "Baking firapple pie" and "Watering flower dragon". Once my game loaded, I noticed that all of th buttons and bars were larger and "older"-looking. I noticed immediately by looking around that my island had changed, that there was a building hanging off of the topmost level and that a glowing yellow tree was on the bottom, left level of the island. I new right away that it was the New Dawn set up, which I have always wanted to try. But why did this happen? Did it only happen to me? I quickly downloaded Dragon Story: Winter while it was still available, and noticed that everything was as usual on that version; nothing to suggest the weird New Dawn display. I even asked my closest game buddy if they were experiencing the same issue, and they had no idea what I was talking about. Has anyone heard of this happening? Does anyone know why it is happening? My game just updated, but it is still the same display. I am kind of liking the difference, what with new quests and adventures and all, but I am still perplexed and curious. Any information I can receive will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
(Also, if anyone could help me answer a question about my account retrieval, please look at my first thread. Thank you so much!)

PepperWoo
01-18-15, 05:40 AM
It's not connected to New Dawn. They updated the regular version of DS on Android to finally incorporate iOS features. You can read more about it here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77432-Dragon-Story-1-9-8-2-has-been-released-for-Android!). :)

ShakierPuddle07
01-18-15, 10:36 AM
So the regular IOS version has the New Dawn tree?

kooky panda
01-18-15, 10:53 AM
Instead of releasing a new version to download, they updated the regular dragon game with all these new features!!
This version includes the following features:

Facebook Connect
Treasure Dragon (type). You can now earn Gold from these Dragons!
Storage
Crafting
Trading Portal
Quest Outpost
Battle Arena + Tournaments
Healing Spring
World Events
Promotions like Spin To Win and Bundle Packs
Mining
Dragon Stable

If you have issues with any of the new features, please post on the current thread:
Dragon Story 1.9.8.2 has been released for Android! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77432-Dragon-Story-1-9-8-2-has-been-released-for-Android!)