PDA

View Full Version : Unicorn Value Pack 1/16/15

Aernak
01-16-15, 01:59 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/73cbbc.jpg

readysetgo888
01-16-15, 02:01 PM
I'm surprised they're offering this again so soon after the last time (not even 2 months).

Can't we have a Gem sale instead???

Aernak
01-16-15, 02:02 PM
They probably want people to get excited about the kthulu and buy this in order to try for it.

Aernak
01-16-15, 02:03 PM
I am actually tempted this time. I passed last time, and I still have had NO luck in breeding one. :/

I feel like spending $20 on it just kinda devalues it though. It would no longer be something I "accomplished." Just something I spent 20 bucks on. Meh. I don't know.

Vodelle
01-16-15, 02:04 PM
They probably want people to get excited about the kthulu and buy this in order to try for it.

That's the most obvious strategy for them, yeah.

I did spend $20 to buy it during black friday (when I was new and didn't have one) and I don't regret it.

Foxy_Kit
01-16-15, 02:43 PM
... So i bought the unicorn this time.

Sorts feels that i could not tempt one to my forest which wasnt pretty enough, and went to horse-nap one instead :p

sweetypies97
01-16-15, 04:07 PM
It is $25 for us, not $20.

My son had an iTunes gift card from christmas so he bought it. Then he lost all of the runes he had in storage.

dumbpluff
01-16-15, 09:58 PM
the unicorn is the animal i've been trying to breed-- i have nothing else to breed but gem animals now, so!-- and this popping up when it did was like a kick in the pants and a few other body parts besides. i'm gonna be tossing up whether or not to get the pack this time around too, but wayyy moreso.

tuffyjkitten
01-17-15, 12:52 AM
Interesting....I was never offered a unicorn value pack before this one. I check all of them and they all contained animals I already had until the Cold Turkey one, which I did buy since I had no luck breeding it. I'm considering this one. I caved and bought a Diamond value pack on DS and felt guilty about it until I managed to breed another without really trying for it.

dragonloona
01-17-15, 10:24 PM
For all those who are doubting in getting this pack and thinking it will make you guilty, stop right there!! Believe me breeing one is a GREAT feeling, even better when getting more than one like me!! But if your having issues breeding one, and have the money, I truly believe you all should go for it!!! For me in DS I couldn't breed a diamond dragon no matter what I did, and me giving up on breeding it and spending $70 of sale gold to just to get it!! Yah I felt guilty too but in the end Im now a proud owner of all but 2 diamond hybrids right now and couldn't be happier!!!! With all the new gem creatures coming out and more element creatures, breeding a Crystal unicorn will only get harder!!! And to tell the truth $20 is a piece of cake to get it, it's soo much better then paying $70 if gems go on sale to buy it!!! If I couldn't breed a Crystal unicorn, I gladly get it and in the end it's one less headache in getting one and going on to breeding gem hybrids!!! I truly wish all those who have yet to breed a Crystal unicorn will get lucky and breed one very soon!!!!!

Aernak
01-18-15, 07:53 AM
My friend bought me an itunes card last night, because he wanted me to get my unicorn. He was probably tired of listening to me cry about it LOL. So I now have a cute lil unicorn sitting in my storage. :)

Hawksmoor
01-18-15, 09:07 AM
My friend bought me an itunes card last night, because he wanted me to get my unicorn. He was probably tired of listening to me cry about it LOL. So I now have a cute lil unicorn sitting in my storage. :)

Aww, that's a nice friend!

Aernak
01-19-15, 02:35 PM
Aww, that's a nice friend!

Extremely! :) :) :)

I really wish I could have bred one on my own, but I feel fortunate that my kids both managed to.

55lee55
01-19-15, 02:39 PM
I have two Unicorns and don't plan to buy another, but I do have a question about the value pack. What about those who are maxed on their expansions. Do the Runes get added to those people have in storage if they are maxed on Runes, or do they lose them? Just curious in case another similar pack goes on sale that has an animal I want to buy packaged with Runes that I am maxed out on. If a person loses the Runes they buy with the package because they are maxed on them in storage, then the actual value of the package for those who can't save them is somewhat less than advertised. That said, it is still a value if there is a gem animal that you have not been able to breed after months of trying. In my opinion this sale is a value, Runes or not, for those who don't have the Unicorn. Once you get your first gem animal you can start breeding the combos. If I had this sale available when I was trying and trying to breed my first Unicorn, I definitely would have spent the money to insure that I had one rather than counting on a very rare breeding outcome, but of course I have the ability to pay for such a value pack. Good luck no matter how you decide!

Buttercup0001
01-19-15, 03:33 PM
Hmm im still undecided. I have tried and tried and tried to breed a unicorn since it was released and for the last few days I've been really contemplating should I or shouldn't I. The plus is that I can concentrate on breeding other animals plus get to breed the other gem animals. On the negative its $25.00 on an animated animal. Oh the agony of making that decision lol.

Jennerwein1
01-20-15, 03:25 AM
I bought it the last time the value pack was up. Helped with the last battle tremendously. That battleground would have been very painful/ frustrating/near impossible without the Uni. So I consider it a $25.00 bandaid. It made playing more enjoyable, so it was worth it to me.

tuffyjkitten
01-20-15, 11:46 AM
I decided to buy it over the weekend. He's such a cutie!! I'm glad I did and look forward to when the evolution is done so I can start trying for hybrids. It was definitely worth the $20.

amerirish
01-20-15, 12:03 PM
I broke down & spent the 20 bucks too. I never got an offer for a Crystal Unicorn before and knew I'd kick myself if I didn't jump on it. I also never got an offer in DS for a Diamond otherwise I'd have bought that too. Fortunately, after over a year of playing I just bred my first Diamond last night :D

zenobia42
01-20-15, 12:15 PM

What a sweet friend! Congrats on finally getting that unicorn!!!

Aernak
01-28-15, 01:10 PM
What a sweet friend! Congrats on finally getting that unicorn!!!

Thank you! Just got her to Level 10. :D