PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating!!!

locomputers
01-13-15, 05:01 PM
They finally address the issue of parts & tools not dropping regularly enough with deliveries only to mess with how often slots get rotated into the msrketplace for the side shop, i.e.: significant slowdowns periodically but at LEAST once a day, primarily during the daytime. CINTINUOUSLY FRUSTRATING in one way or another is about the best thing I can say about tjis game right now.....ARGHHH!!!! Can we have some sort of consistentcy with hsvibg our items show up in the market rotation please? My items sit and sit and sit for HOURS during the day! Then they sell quickly (b/c they are well priced popular items) only to sut for about the same period of time during the day each day for like a week now! ARGHHH!!!! :(

orleansparish
01-13-15, 05:23 PM
I don't see how items sitting for hours is so bad. If it was there for days then yes. I sell my items for the highest cost. Do just the one item per day to highlight it and my stuff still sells. I also have over 600 neighbors. So I've no idea who's buying it. If people need it, it will sell. TL can't make that happen faster or slower I think. But What do I Know?!

Rynetory2
01-13-15, 08:54 PM
I didn't notice any change for this. The promoted item goes to news and the rest of the items in the shop depend on your neighbours or visitors. Your selling rate depends on the type of item, price and the playtime of your neighbours.

locomputers
01-13-15, 09:05 PM
I didn't notice any change for this. The promoted item goes to news and the rest of the items in the shop depend on your neighbours or visitors. Your selling rate depends on the type of item, price and the playtime of your neighbours.

Oh! I was under the impression that all the slots rotated through the newspaper! Are you sure that only the promoted items get into the newspaper and the others do not? Thanks.

locomputers
01-13-15, 09:14 PM
Yes! Actually I read that all the items rotate through the newspaper whenever a new item is put up for sale in one's side shop, here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67721-Tips-to-sell-fast-and-make-coins
Specifically this item from that thread:
"...- Every time you place an item for sale, it puts your other items back into the rotation of the newspaper. So don't fill all your slots at the same time. Leave a few minutes between each one. ..."

???

Rynetory2
01-14-15, 04:42 AM
Yes! Actually I read that all the items rotate through the newspaper whenever a new item is put up for sale in one's side shop, here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67721-Tips-to-sell-fast-and-make-coins
"...- Every time you place an item for sale, it puts your other items back into the rotation of the newspaper. So don't fill all your slots at the same time. Leave a few minutes between each one. ..."

???

This is only if you didn't promote an item. If you had promoted an item, that item goes to news first. If you didn't promote then a random item would be picked up from your shop at random time. The best time to sell is usually when you get online. Load full shop so you would appear at the top of your neighbours' sideshop, assuming you have all slots opened. Usually people shop at the first few shops.

When I load items when I first get online for the day, I don't wait few mins to load each item like it was suggested in the other thread. I load full shop fast and majority of the items are sold out within few minutes. So I don't waste time if my shop appears in news. Suggest you try out different ways to see which works best.

How well your sales go is dependent on your items, neighbours and timing etc. Selling low may move your items fast but you may not make enough cash if you had sold at moderate price but with a little wait. It depends on your game style, if you can play all day to make tons of items non stop to sell cheaply or if you have only a few hours of play thus making limited amount of items and you sell them at moderate prices. Adjust your sales to your game play.

You can also choose to sell items in small quantities or in bulk for trains. This depends on the type of neighbours you have.

Tips: look what your neighbours are selling. If you are selling the same things as them, they probably wouldn't buy since they have surplus, even if yours is cheaper. Get high level neighbours as they may have more cash flow or may more likely to do trains.

locomputers
01-14-15, 09:10 AM
Thank you RYNETORY2! I was originally loading a bit at a time waiting minutes in between as suggested by thread I linked to. Lately I had been loading as you suggested (all at once as soon as I get online in the a.m.) & that was working well (just like yours) for several days. Then suddenly stopped (I mean screeching halt). That's why I thought s/thing has changed in the rotation of slots from my side shop into the newspaper. BUT you have given me several additional factors to consider. Thank you for your suggestions & for taking the time, much appreciated! :) -Lisa

Rynetory2
01-14-15, 09:31 AM
Thank you RYNETORY2! I was originally loading a bit at a time waiting minutes in between as suggested by thread I linked to. Lately I had been loading as you suggested (all at once as soon as I get online in the a.m.) & that was working well (just like yours) for several days. Then suddenly stopped (I mean screeching halt). That's why I thought s/thing has changed in the rotation of slots from my side shop into the newspaper. BUT you have given me several additional factors to consider. Thank you for your suggestions & for taking the time, much appreciated! :) -Lisa

You are most welcome Lisa. :) my shop is still selling fast at initial load. After full load, I'll wait a while for the items to clear. After which I will use the promote for the most costly unsold item. Yes try out the various ways to find one that suits your play style. What works for some may not work for others since we have different play hours and neighbours.

Hope you find your sale style soon. Happy farming. :)

Rynetory2
01-14-15, 09:42 AM
Btw I forgot to add that the level of your neighbours will also affect your sales. My higher level items (eg level 57 to 60) move slower, so I sell a mixture of items so the lower levels neighbours can buy.

Tips: ingredients sell faster than the final common food products. Throw in rarer items now and then, if you can spare them, to make your shop interesting.

ciarjen
01-14-15, 10:39 AM

???

Yes this is true. Every item you place in your shop goes into the newspaper straight away and if it doesn't sell in that rotation it will go back into the newspaper at a later time and that could be hours later.

When you place an item in your shop it also puts all of your items back into that newspaper rotation even if they were not due to go back into the newspaper for a while and this has been confirmed by TL. This is why I recommend in that thread you linked to that if your items are not selling and you need to move them to get other stock out of the barn, then selling something you know will sell and keeping doing that will get all the other items selling too.

People are only going to buy items if they need them for train/plane deliveries and when people have no money after an event, they are going to be trying to sell to make money back. What with the low drop rate on plane deliveries and the frequent event schedule, it has really messed with the supply chain of the game with big peaks and troughs as far as demand is concerned in the newspaper.

I find it frustrating too when items sit in my shop and don't sell. When I am playing I am active on the game and every minute an item is sitting there I am losing money on what else I could be selling. Having said that, I have still found it possible to sell quickly in those times when people are not buying much by adapting to the market needs.

If people are not making deliveries, then the only thing they will be buying are ingredients. If they are wanting to make money they will also be looking for things to buy which they can make a profit on.

Don't think that high selling prices means that you are making more profit. In most cases you are actually losing money and I have explained this in more detail elsewhere on the forum. There are only a few items that I actually make and many of my resource buildings sit idle because to use them I would be losing money. Even with these buildings not used and selling some items below market rate I can make up to 50,000 coins a day and this is with doing a train delivery which I buy stock in for.

ciarjen
01-14-15, 10:43 AM
p.s. I have just bought everything in your shop. Hope that helps you get things moving again. :)

locomputers
01-14-15, 04:44 PM
Well thank you so much CIARJEN for all the helpful tips & insight in this and other threads and thank you so very much for your generosity in getting me moving again, I really really appreciate it! :) :) :)

RuthAnnJones
01-14-15, 10:14 PM
Well I for one would love it if they had corrected the drop rate for clearing tools. Despite a mole collection turned in I have only gotten a saw recently.

Edited to add that I got another saw from a mole collection last night.

reewinder
01-15-15, 02:18 AM
The best tip I can give anyone who wants to sell items and make cash is to expand your shop to all 12 available spaces as soon as you can. I currently have 616 neighbors.....and when people go and visit their neighbors shops they can only see 99 of them to choose from. So out of my 616 neighbors that I have, I can only scroll through 99 of them without having to go to my neighbor list and manually search for them by name. The 99 in that list start from biggest shop down to the smallest shop.....and also by their level if they have the same amount of items for sale. So anyone with 12 items in their shop is going to be listed first and those with the lowest amount will be listed last. It takes a long time to go through 99 neighbors trying to find what you need. I usually find what I'm looking for within the first 10 people on the list. So those at the top of the list are probably going to sell more than anyone at the bottom.
When I'm playing I keep my shop as full as I possible can to keep me at the very top of the list and I do quite well at making money. So try expanding your shop to full a top priority if you really want to make coins in the game.