PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update 1/14/15

PepperWoo
01-13-15, 04:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/p1twhkS.png

Ohh I can't wait. This goal would go so well with the Winter Wedding stuff from last year! :o I like the 3-tier cake recipes.

BAKERY-GOALS-2014-Jan-14-Winter-Frost (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77390-BAKERY-GOALS-2014-Jan-14-Winter-Frost)

LavaRain8
01-13-15, 04:47 PM
Was just going to post it, but you're always on the ball Pepper! ;)

I....don't like the tables and chairs, but you're right about the Winter Wedding stuff going with it, so could just use those tables and chairs. Not even sure what the tables have on them, bits of snow? Guess I need to see them up close in the game. Jean Pierre looks quite weird, but I guess I can pretend it's his evil twin Claude Pierre lol. The wallpaper is nice. The gray-ish floors....a bit strange also. I like the floor pieces just fine and the lanterns as well. But the rest is...okay. I can maybe still make use of this one I see it set down in the game and feel differently, but as of now, I'm a bit underwhelmed by this one.

barbaraann72
01-13-15, 04:55 PM
The cakes are SO pretty!

sbratprincess
01-13-15, 04:55 PM
I'm not a big fan.

jmterao
01-13-15, 05:06 PM
I like most of it. Pierre looks like he's been hitting the cooking sherry.

The floor will make a nice patio tile come summer.

I wish TL would make it so you can move food from one counter to another. As is, I never buy counters as the whole place starts to looks mismashed with all the different types. Hard to do a theme bakery or restraunt that way.

rosewaterlily
01-13-15, 05:10 PM
Cakes! Those poor winter wedding people without a floor display cake can finally have some (well I've been using the penguin cake for them but this will be much more suitable).

Natasha_07
01-13-15, 05:11 PM
Look at all those cakes on counters! They must be trying to break a record or having a competition.

orleansparish
01-13-15, 05:19 PM
Cake! I'm so excited. Just pleae don't let the quantity be less than 500. I want those on the counters for a LONG time. They're so pretty! And just in time. I'm almost done with RS goals, so no competing.

GramGram2
01-13-15, 05:23 PM
Any new ovens?

mergirl96
01-13-15, 05:32 PM
Those cakes look fantastic! The rest is kinda bland, and Jean Pierre looks really creepy. Maybe it's just me but the counters seem kinda low.

barbaraann72
01-13-15, 05:47 PM
Any new ovens?

Winter Frost Oven

StevenKevin
01-13-15, 06:08 PM
If its not a goal yesssss:)))
If its a goal noooo:((((((
whatever, just wonder why ce tr?s cher Jean-Pierre looks so stunned, not sure his bewildered stare spices up anything

ojapple96
01-13-15, 06:10 PM
Yeah it doesn't really look like a goal but we shall see at least there are cakes for a bakery yeah!

Is the frosty oven old or that's why thinking it is a goal?

alexnfriends
01-13-15, 06:13 PM
The Cakes are BEAUTIFUL! Sooo looking forward to baking tomorrow! :):):) xxx

AnnasCoffee
01-13-15, 06:14 PM
It's cakes! They gave us cakes! Wow! I LOVE it :). I can't wait until tomorrow !

Oh and the cakes are PRETTY ! They're absolutely beautiful. Thank-you:)

LavaRain8
01-13-15, 06:39 PM
Yeah it doesn't really look like a goal but we shall see at least there are cakes for a bakery yeah!

Is the frosty oven old or that's why thinking it is a goal?

Bakery goals are typically the 2nd Wednesday of the "full week" of the month, which would be tomorrow. So we are due for goals, but they probably just cropped out the new appliances from the teaser for...whatever reason, but left the new recipes on the counters. Restaurant's teaser didn't include ovens or new food in it, but it was indeed a goal last week, as scheduled. Usually if the goal is going to be delayed, they will let us know in the forums, as I remember it happening once before a few months ago.

ilaria2464
01-13-15, 06:42 PM
Yay! I really like this goal update and how they listened to our requests for new (beautiful) cakes.

rocketsmama
01-13-15, 06:56 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cakes!!!! I'm super excited for those!

lauraleighashby
01-13-15, 07:02 PM
Wow...I really like this....love the chairs. Think I like the rest...wallpaper, tables, counters...as well but will have to see it "rezzed out" to be sure. I am not much of a frilly, fancy type of person but the cakes look pretty awesome. As for that Pierre, if that is a goal must have or prize, he can just hang out in inventory.

chocolat_89
01-13-15, 07:07 PM
The cakes, ovens and cake decor look pretty :)

aiyoosha
01-13-15, 07:08 PM
hmmmm jean pierre looks so odd, i wonder what hes been smokin O_O

01-13-15, 08:44 PM
I've been sending snowflake knobs, and occasionally iceflake knobs, for much of the past month. Hopefully I guessed right. Last month we used the gears of each.

filochick1982
01-13-15, 09:28 PM
I can see the new ovens - on the left in front of the candy princes and waffle baker.

Can't wait for those cakes! My winter wedding stuff is out and those big cakes will go perfectly with them! Same colour scheme and everywhere.

CuteTali
01-13-15, 10:30 PM
Looks nice, I like the cakes. Finally they're adding a big tiered cake to go with the winter themes and winter wedding themes we've had before.

LalaSmooth
01-13-15, 11:11 PM
This is so a goal update as RS had them last week.

mytsa
01-13-15, 11:30 PM
Gorgeous cakes to celebrate the 1st anniversary~;)

cherry_berryzz
01-14-15, 12:40 AM
We need more cakes or pies food , in bakery story ,
I am almost out of items to bake !
For the regular oven's
please send us new ones.
I have a complaint
on my hard earned gems
getting taken when my food has expired,
I am terrified to clean dispose of the food
if I don't take my finger off so fast there goes 5 gems
Needs to have a button are you sure you want to do this ,
like when you're selling a item. ...
Please please fix this .
I lost so many diamonds gems .
cherry_berryzz
feel free to add me.

cherry_berryzz
01-14-15, 12:41 AM
We need more cakes or pies food , in bakery story ,
I am almost out of items to bake !
For the regular oven's
please send us new ones.
I have a complaint
on my hard earned gems
getting taken when my food has expired,
I am terrified to clean dispose of the food
if I don't take my finger off so fast there goes 5 gems
Needs to have a button are you sure you want to do this ,
like when you're selling a item. ...
Please please fix this .
I lost so many diamonds gems .
cherry_berryzz
feel free to add me.

:(

Acey09
01-14-15, 02:55 AM
It looks a little mismatched. However I do LOVE the three layer cakes!
The wallpaper scared the cupcakes out of me! We'll see. I will definitely buy it all, but wont spend gems on this one.

minidemon88
01-14-15, 03:35 AM
Poor Jean Pierre, he's under the frozen spell. Lol! Other than that, I love almost everything in the teaser! Especially the cake display with the silver base, kinda reminded me of the donut tower which I failed to get it after numerous times. I don't even dare to open that darn box again. :(

I sure hope the final goal prize looks stunning too and we're not just getting two cake display that's all. =/

PepperWoo
01-14-15, 04:23 AM
I sure hope the final goal prize looks stunning too and we're not just getting two cake display that's all. =/

Crossing my fingers so hard that the final goal prize is not included in this teaser photo! XD If only those two cake displays then that's a bummer... but I'm feeling kinda hopeful since the one with Jean Pierre is a 3x3 and we usually get a 4x4 final prize.

mejuliexxxx
01-14-15, 07:22 AM
I purchased a 'lodge couch' for 60,000 ... I wanted to turn it around so I rotated it and it turned into a giant 'winter puppy' hahahaha!
a regular 'winter puppy' costs 15,000 but I think my giant one is worth lots more haha!

I can rotate it back into a couch but I am loving the giant puppy - this is one glitch I don't want TL or Storm8 to fix :)

AnnasCoffee
01-14-15, 07:40 AM
Jean Pierre is 'in-awe' of the spectacular cake. His eyes are open wide like a 'deer in head lights' because he is shocked by its beauty.

It's the same look I had on my face when I saw the teaser this week. I was expecting a heart fountain, I was SO happy to see a cake. My jaw was on the floor.

caramelpies
01-14-15, 09:04 AM
I live in the central time zone of the USA and use an android tablet. Can anyone tell me when I will see the new goals and updates show up in Bakery Story?

exhalelaughter
01-14-15, 09:09 AM
Love the cake recipes!

aiyoosha
01-14-15, 09:11 AM
I live in the central time zone of the USA and use an android tablet. Can anyone tell me when I will see the new goals and updates show up in Bakery Story?

check around afternoon time like around 1-1:30pm

chillez
01-14-15, 09:26 AM

I live in central time zone and usually get the update about 2.

angelmama24
01-14-15, 10:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/p1twhkS.png

Ohh I can't wait. This goal would go so well with the Winter Wedding stuff from last year! :o I like the 3-tier cake recipes.

If these are for the new goals, I'll pass.

LightAndLove83
01-14-15, 10:38 AM
If these are for the new goals, I'll pass.

I'm with you! It's like TL was sitting at their pimped out desk and one guy hollered to another, "Hey Mike! Whatcha thinking for goal?" And Mike yelled back, "I dunno Stew, whatcha thinkin?" And Stewart yells back, "LOL! Let's make it extra Cheesey and ugly!" Both laugh maniacly as they rub their hands together and conspire in hushed tones!

sbratprincess
01-14-15, 11:02 AM
I'm with you! It's like TL was sitting at their pimped out desk and one guy hollered to another, "Hey Mike! Whatcha thinking for goal?" And Mike yelled back, "I dunno Stew, whatcha thinkin?" And Stewart yells back, "LOL! Let's make it extra Cheesey and ugly!" Both laugh maniacly as they rub their hands together and conspire in hushed tones!

Hahaha!!! So funny and probably so true!!!

Alhambra34
01-14-15, 11:21 AM
Hi there,
I live in Germany it's nearly 7:30 pm and there's no update or goal at all? :(
No new items like tables or wallpaper, no new receips, no new cakes ... :confused:
I play on an IOS iPad

VanaCatu
01-14-15, 11:25 AM
sweety, u have 2 wait just abt half an hour or hour and half - and u'll get there! lol )))

Alhambra34
01-14-15, 11:37 AM
Thanks VanaCatu, can't wait ... :o

lauraleighashby
01-14-15, 11:42 AM
Do they ever update Stormie's bakery with the most recent releases/goal prizes? I don't even see the lodge stuff from last week in there and sems like that would be a perfect place to display the items so everyone could actually see them. On a side note, TL should let Stormie know that all the food he was cooking is spoiled.

angeleyes17
01-14-15, 11:43 AM
Ahhh I'm so jealous lol. Why does this never happen on my game?

I purchased a 'lodge couch' for 60,000 ... I wanted to turn it around so I rotated it and it turned into a giant 'winter puppy' hahahaha!
a regular 'winter puppy' costs 15,000 but I think my giant one is worth lots more haha!

I can rotate it back into a couch but I am loving the giant puppy - this is one glitch I don't want TL or Storm8 to fix :)

Alhambra34
01-14-15, 11:49 AM
Who is Stormie? :confused:

LalaSmooth
01-14-15, 11:51 AM
Hi there,
I live in Germany it's nearly 7:30 pm and there's no update or goal at all? :(
No new items like tables or wallpaper, no new receips, no new cakes ... :confused:
I play on an IOS iPad
In the UK we get it about 8pm

VanaCatu
01-14-15, 11:59 AM
who is stormie is the best question ever!!! ))))

but ok, we'r on the edge now (:
it starts between 9 and 10 pm for me, so u Alhambra sd get it between 8 and 9pm.

means between 7 and 8 GMT / UCT.

and about stormie's design, LauraLeigh, - i guess we can see it once per quarter or so. i don't think it's useful to spend stuff's time to redecorate each week since only abt 20-30pct of us tip and can see it )))

davidyagi
01-14-15, 12:16 PM
Looks like the Big Cake (with Jean Pierre included) is the final goal prize...

And TL put some other Fall items to be discontinued...

LavaRain8
01-14-15, 12:16 PM
Goals are live! And yes, new parts again...

LalaSmooth
01-14-15, 12:19 PM
Would these look good with the tea and cake box?

AngelaM_93
01-14-15, 12:20 PM
Goals are here! :D
wow the wallpaper and tiles are pretty cheap and we have completly new oven parts(not so happy about that).
All in all, an interesting goal theme, cake competition.
It's bakery related! :D

Natasha_07
01-14-15, 12:21 PM
I can't believe the tiles are 1,000 coins, don't know when last I saw that...

BTW the fall items from last years are getting retired, there's a 6 days countdown timer for those who haven't check as yet.

Natasha_07
01-14-15, 12:23 PM
Look at all those cakes on counters! They must be trying to break a record or having a competition.

I was right! It is a competition theme. :D

VanaCatu
01-14-15, 12:24 PM
hi guys! missed me? lol ))))

will post for goals separately here ->> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77390-BAKERY-GOALS-2014-Jan-14-Winter-Frost

PennyLane1900
01-14-15, 12:37 PM
Omg soo dissapointed with the final goal price!! That can't be true!! What the heck?!!?

chocolat_89
01-14-15, 12:39 PM
There is a countdown timer on expansion by gems and they are all priced at 60 gems to expand.

PepperWoo
01-14-15, 12:39 PM
Looks like the Big Cake (with Jean Pierre included) is the final goal prize...

Omg soo dissapointed with the final goal price!! That can't be true!! What the heck?!!?

Yeah... it is kind of a let down but at least it's better than a carriage as a final goal prize lol. I would've been disappointed if this didn't go so well with last year's January goals (or if I missed it for example) so I can't complain much. xD

Natasha_07
01-14-15, 12:42 PM
Why are you guys disappointed, it's cake !!! :) Ask and you shall received, in this case served.

One of those recipe cakes would have been more beautiful final prize, of course a big one without Jean.

lbakecakesl
01-14-15, 12:50 PM
Who is Stormie? :confused:

Stormie is our loving neighbor who never tips, rarely changes decorations, and can't be deleted. He's nice though, as he always responds to requests. He doesn't seem to play everyday, but he does just to help you when you need cheap food and machine parts.

PepperWoo
01-14-15, 12:50 PM
Why are you guys disappointed, it's cake !!! :) Ask and you shall received, in this case served.

One of those recipe cakes would have been more beautiful final prize, of course a big one without Jean.

Haha I don't mind the cake overload because we've been asking for more bakery stuff since forever... the thing is, there are two very similar looking cakes in there as floor decorations. I think it would've been loads better if they had swapped the Tiered Winter Cake (not the one with Jean Pierre because that goes so well with the Winter Wedding couple) with one of the recipes with a different color scheme.

steelersbabyyy
01-14-15, 01:10 PM
theres also only 6 days left for the tea treasure box, and some of the halloween/fall decorations have 6 days left

AnnasCoffee
01-14-15, 01:22 PM
... the thing is, there are two very similar looking cakes .... I think it would've been loads better if they had swapped the Tiered Winter Cake ... with one of the recipes with a different color scheme.

A different colored cake would have been great! It does kinda seem like we got two of the same item, just with small changes.

Hopefully we will get more cake floor displays (in different colors) in the future. I would love a contemporary black and white design!

rocketsmama
01-14-15, 01:42 PM
I wish we could get the items from Restaurant...its a Barista Theme!!! It would have gone nicely with my Barista section (Barista Counter, Coffee Bean Display, ect...) UGH!! I am excited for the cakes, but the update as a whole doesn't thrill me personally. There is no WOW Factor (Except for Jean-Pierre's face looking at the cake)

natalienat518
01-14-15, 01:42 PM
As usual, I really hate the parts. CAN'T TL JUST NEED US TO BUILD WITH REGULAR PARTS SO THAT WE CAN GET THE GOAL OUT OF THE WAY!!!! Wastes coins and time from mastering regular recipes... Oh yes, I still appreciate the cake though.

orleansparish
01-14-15, 02:02 PM
I wish we could get the items from Restaurant...its a Barista Theme!!! It would have gone nicely with my Barista section (Barista Counter, Coffee Bean Display, ect...) UGH!! I am excited for the cakes, but the update as a whole doesn't thrill me personally. There is no WOW Factor (Except for Jean-Pierre's face looking at the cake)

We already have a box with similar items and had goals with ones released today on RS. They fit perfectly with the items you mentioned. For one RS items are a copy of bakeries.

redappleandy2
01-14-15, 02:30 PM
Add me please. Redappleandy2.

udittara
01-14-15, 02:43 PM
Amazing goals I really love the new recipes I am now craving those drinks in real life now

Boogirl1031
01-14-15, 02:49 PM
The tiles will look good for the future and the cakes are really pretty. Fun update. I really wish TL would update FS, it's been a long time.

BuddyB111
01-14-15, 04:17 PM
We already have a box with similar items and had goals with ones released today on RS. They fit perfectly with the items you mentioned. For one RS items are a copy of bakeries.

But you don't know what you will get with a box and not everyone buys gems to buy several until you get what you want. I don't mind today's goal items, but I'm not sure if I want the final prize. With new players starting all the time, bakery basics should be repeated. Different designs would offer existing players the chance to update what they already have. There are so many items that I think fit with my idea of a bakery that will probably never be available to me, so I would appreciate the opportunity to get something similar rather than something far fetched or fanciful.

irlanda_c
01-14-15, 04:47 PM
The only thing about getting new parts for goals, is I dont see the point to be gifting everyday screws, metalsheets (basic parts) if we are not using them anymore, it should be 1 basic and 1 new to complete the fountains and ovens.

lorettasapron
01-14-15, 05:49 PM
A quick heads up: the expansions for gems are on sale!

The ones which are usually 80 gems are at 25% off - 60 gems - for six days only. I assume the cheaper ones are also on sale but have already done them so can't check.

I assume that like the two boxes on sale, these expansions are not being removed! :P

LalaSmooth
01-14-15, 06:29 PM
Why have you put the prices of gems up!! Pfft

ilaria2464
01-14-15, 06:29 PM
I like this goal, the only thing is idk when I would ever use that creepy Pierre cake. I missed out on the coffee goals back in September! That goal was so much more relevant to a bakery compared to this. I would really like to see an update that's coffee themed. I know that there's a coffee crate, I have opened it several times but never get the coffee station. I mean common RS got a coffee themed(gem heavy) update this week!

LalaSmooth
01-14-15, 06:32 PM
A quick heads up: the expansions for gems are on sale!

The ones which are usually 80 gems are at 25% off - 60 gems - for six days only. I assume the cheaper ones are also on sale but have already done them so can't check.

I assume that like the two boxes on sale, these expansions are not being removed! :P

My next expansion is at 12 million

Sieressa
01-14-15, 06:34 PM
I am happy for new goals and like some of the items individually, collectively it doesn't go well together. For example, the tile does match or even go with the wall paper. The two decorations of cakes are the same almost. I will do the goal but I don't think I will use everything like I use to in my bakery for decoration. I will give it to TL for the wallpaper, chairs, tables, counters, lamps, and counters matching and will look nice. They could have done better with the cakes( only give us one since they are same thing) as a mid-goal reward then a display of people making the cake as the goal main reward. The floor should have been something more earthy, that reflects the wallpaper. So I probably will use the snow tile we had earlier and look to see if there is a better display.

ilaria2464
01-14-15, 06:45 PM
Did anyone else notice the white hot chocolate is 180xp? That's pretty good for a recipe that only takes 1hr

LavaRain8
01-14-15, 07:01 PM
My next expansion is at 12 million

They seem to only have discounted the gem part of expansions, and not the coin option, since they don't have the countdown timers on them.

tatermaters
01-15-15, 04:28 AM
Do we have to download new goal.

VanaCatu
01-15-15, 04:56 AM
No, we don't. The goal doesn't depend on new versions this time.
It only depends on player's level as usual.

LalaSmooth
01-15-15, 04:58 AM
They seem to only have discounted the gem part of expansions, and not the coin option, since they don't have the countdown timers on them.

No way am I paying 60 gems for the expansion.

tatermaters
01-15-15, 06:05 AM
Strange. I have no new goals. I'm level 99 and its Thursday USA

tatermaters
01-15-15, 06:07 AM
Strange. I have no goals I'm level 99 and its thurs ;(

VanaCatu
01-15-15, 06:26 AM
i guess u sd report then to support@teamlava.com

since there sd be no reason u didn't get the goals... o_O

as far as i know, the only new version we'll get this week is restaurant story.
bakery works as usual / no new versions this week.

caramelpies
01-15-15, 07:15 AM
I have a question about gift requests for building the new machines. I am level 99 with 4 star but it seems like when I ask other players to gift parts I only get a few. Is there a limit to how many gifts you can receive in a day?

lilkeeks
01-15-15, 07:23 AM
I have a question about gift requests for building the new machines. I am level 99 with 4 star but it seems like when I ask other players to gift parts I only get a few. Is there a limit to how many gifts you can receive in a day?
You are allowed 20 gifts and 20 part requests per day; I've also heard that you can overload on sending gift requests which then may cause a delay

ojapple96
01-15-15, 07:24 AM
You are allowed 20 gifts and 20 part requests per day; I've also heard that you can overload on sending gift requests which then may cause a delay

Right if you send more than 20 requests/day requests 21-40 are delivered day 2 etc frustrating!

Any word on parts for next appliance?

VanaCatu
01-15-15, 08:07 AM
Any word on parts for next appliance?
yes, of course :)

pls check this thread: BAKERY-GOALS-2014-Jan-14-Winter-Frost (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77390-BAKERY-GOALS-2014-Jan-14-Winter-Frost)

ojapple96
01-15-15, 11:00 AM
yes, of course :)

pls check this thread: BAKERY-GOALS-2014-Jan-14-Winter-Frost (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77390-BAKERY-GOALS-2014-Jan-14-Winter-Frost)

I found your thread right after my post thank you it's so helpful!

VanaCatu
01-15-15, 11:20 AM
yr welcome :)

twospoons
01-15-15, 05:55 PM
i love this theme (cake decorating competition). the final cakes are only okay for me, i've never been a fan of those ridiculously huge cakes, but i still love that it's a bakery-appropriate challenge. and the food that you serve looks really cute!

mytsa
01-15-15, 06:09 PM
Strange. I have no new goals. I'm level 99 and its Thursday USA

Have you checked the "goal" tab on the top left?
The goal didn't pop-out this time, I checked and found it there, silently.

mytsa
01-15-15, 06:12 PM
Love this goal

mytsa
01-15-15, 06:13 PM
Love this goal.

jandtandn
01-15-15, 06:15 PM
The cake prep station isn't the final prize.

mytsa
01-15-15, 06:22 PM
The cake prep station isn't the final prize.

Sure;), you're fast enough to see my mistake