PDA

View Full Version : Need Parts? Look for Cid the Construction Worker!

SparklyOctopus
01-12-15, 06:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MMOoTMx.png

Meet Cid! Cid is a special customer, who enjoys your food so much that he leaves some pretty amazing tips for you! Special customers appear less frequently, but give our active players a chance to earn some valuable rewards. Remember, safety first! He'll always be wearing an orange vest with a yellow construction hat!

http://i.imgur.com/b1eAWXM.png

When you see Cid, tap on the bubble above his head and he'll drop a few different items to help you. He has a chance to drop Blue Prints, Wood Planks, Hammers, Nails, or Shovels. Note: This may change in future updates.

http://i.imgur.com/xJKTggC.png

You can locate the items he drops in your Toolbox. To view these items, access your Pantry and tap on the lower tab for the Toolbox. You can go there to see how many Tools you have. If you run out of space and need to make room, don't worry! Check out this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76678-Pantry-Toolbox-at-Capacity-How-to-Delete-Items) to see how you can discard unwanted items.

Blazin_Betty
04-26-15, 05:10 PM
I noticed that, ever since the update (cruise event), Cid has ceased dropping gems. Not thrilled.

kat332zz
05-01-15, 01:36 PM
Never mind not dropping gems (he never did for me anyway) but he seems to have left with the Cruise Ship.

Lilly still drops in but no Cid. He used to follow her in after a few other customers - secret romance gone wrong maybe? has he run off with Luna?

Has anyone else had this problem?

tywin111
05-02-15, 08:25 AM
Yes, I also notice some romance gone wrong. Maybe the hula dancer is the cause of all these.

gabstarx
05-06-15, 08:56 AM
All CID drops for me after the tropical cruise ship task ended is nails like seriously all I get is nails NAILS AND MORE NAILS can't he rotate the different parts every drop so you don't end up with 59nails 1 blue print 2 wood and 0 hammers and 0 shovels

fairladyzee
05-07-15, 08:58 PM
Same here. Nails nails nails. Probably because he tried to NAIL the hula dancer and she kicked him to the curb and ran off with some young Venezuelan stud....

cquinn32
05-08-15, 06:32 AM
Have one major complaint about Cid.
Happens almost every morning when I check my game for the first time. Cid will be seated at a table but I have no food on the counter so he just sits there. I will then move all my cooked food over to the counters visit a couple neighbors return back to my resturant and in the ten min I have to play in the morning he will not return. So I lose out on this opportunity almost every morning!!
Very frustrating!!

gabstarx
05-08-15, 10:04 AM
Same here. Nails nails nails. Probably because he tried to NAIL the hula dancer and she kicked him to the curb and ran off with some young Venezuelan stud....

Hahahaha that's a good one at least you can see the funny side to both of us getting way to many nails :)
I contacted TL they reckon they'll have a look into it lol
Today I had a change I actually got wood it only happens once but was huge surprise lol then back to nails just becoming a joke not come on TL hit the nail on the head and fix this problem lol

Xialio
05-31-15, 05:31 AM
Happens almost every morning when I check my game for the first time. Cid will be seated at a table but I have no food on the counter so he just sits there. I will then move all my cooked food over to the counters visit a couple neighbors return back to my resturant and in the ten min I have to play in the morning he will not return. So I lose out on this opportunity almost every morning!!
Very frustrating!!

I get this too sometimes it's cid sometimes it's Lilly, I relog the game before I do anything and then once reloaded cid comes plodding along in the first few customers. hope he starts turning up for u :)

FrozenTurtle
06-01-15, 10:35 AM
Very frustrating!!

As Xialio suggested, try closing your game out before you start a new session. This can happen if he was visiting or about to visit your restaurant. Hope this helps!

kidsnana
06-23-15, 08:07 PM
That's too funny!! But I get a lot of nails and no shovels or hammers!!!

ibben02
06-28-15, 09:15 AM
I have had a similar issue all i get are nails and boards, and I need to upgrade but I can't because I need hammers so I have to delete some boards. Ugh so frustrating. I do get a blueprint every once in a while. Cid stop being so stingy.

ghjvcucjb
06-28-15, 11:18 AM
CID drops goes in waves. I use to get a ton of nails and had to delete them to make room while waiting on planks. Then he stopped dropping nails for months and I wished I could go dumpster diving to get back all my trashed nails. Wish the drops were more balanced

ibben02
06-29-15, 08:49 AM
That makes me feel a bit better. He does need to be more balanced! I'm ready to expand my cafe!!

cquinn32
06-29-15, 09:51 AM
Yeah if Cid needs nails to fix some of the construction sites around the town, I HAVE PLENTY!! I will sell them to him a decent price haha.

neurotika
07-11-15, 09:02 PM
is cid the only source for parts?

catpaladin
07-13-15, 01:41 AM
I haven't been receiving any hammers. I've been deleting other drops 5 at a time to make room. Anyone still receiving hammers?

jandtandn
07-13-15, 10:00 AM
is cid the only source for parts?

Yes, or you can buy them with gems.

kasumi2012
07-14-15, 05:12 AM
All CID drops for me after the tropical cruise ship task ended is nails like seriously all I get is nails NAILS AND MORE NAILS can't he rotate the different parts every drop so you don't end up with 59nails 1 blue print 2 wood and 0 hammers and 0 shovels

So hard to get wood, always nails and nails. Not to mention is a rare visit from him. Can we trade it with another parts? Or just kick his ass and throw the bowl to him if he give wrong parts we need. It makes me frustating.

goldsilvercoin
07-15-15, 01:10 PM
Will the game makers ever fix the ratio of tools Cid drops? I'm constantly deleting nails, planks and even blueprints because of the lack of hammers.

fatbearsecondary
07-15-15, 05:21 PM
Will the game makers ever fix the ratio of tools Cid drops? I'm constantly deleting nails, planks and even blueprints because of the lack of hammers.

Probably not? The slow rate of acquiring hammers is meant to slow you down. Since the game makers don't have new contents to release, and haven't in a while... (see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81422-Need-new-levels!!) complaining about the last of levels past 49, there are tons of others) they need some other method to keep us from mastering everything they have available. So they keep the hammer/shovel rates low to keep us all from finishing everything too quickly.

When folks finish, they complain, get bored, find something else to play. S8 doesn't what that, so here we are!

kasumi2012
07-16-15, 10:56 AM
Another days with full drop of nails. Just open up the games than close again. No Interest at all. No fun.

FrozenTurtle
07-16-15, 11:46 AM
Thanks for sharing your feedback about Hammers! I'll pass along the information to the game team for discussion. :)

cherrycolafreak
07-20-15, 02:06 PM
I'm on an android so I am new to the game & I haven't received a hammer yet at all.
I'm level 18 or 19 & have only received nails, blueprints & planks.

If the only way to get hammers is to use gems, then I will delete this game because that is not a fair way to play a game.

Rainstorms45
07-20-15, 08:55 PM
I have yet to see a hammer.... just nails and planks and blue prints... im level 17 on one and 15 on another both android and both no hammers... one is stuck only getting nails... got over 15 and only 1 plank cant get gardern been waiting forever got the other plank

cherrycolafreak
07-21-15, 09:10 AM
Forgot to mention that I haven't received any shovels.

Need shovels for plots.

Need hammers to expand restaurant.

Need hammers to expand pantry.

Haven't received any hammers or shovels at all. Not one.

Is this done on purpose?

jandtandn
07-21-15, 09:58 AM
Forgot to mention that I haven't received any shovels.

Need shovels for plots.

Need hammers to expand restaurant.

Need hammers to expand pantry.

Haven't received any hammers or shovels at all. Not one.

Is this done on purpose?

Yes, seeds, hammers and shovels are designed to be rare drops.

goldsilvercoin
07-21-15, 03:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your feedback about Hammers! I'll pass along the information to the game team for discussion. :)

Thank you! :)

tito786
07-22-15, 10:46 AM
How frequent Cid appears?
I usually catch him at the start only but not after that.

chemgirl77
08-30-15, 07:25 PM
When i have a stuck customer even after food us put out, I just go to edit, Move the stuck chair, put it back and leave edit mode. He then comes back in happy as can be.

Ilalefranc
09-28-15, 04:09 PM
How do u buy them with gems?

WindermereBakery
09-28-15, 06:15 PM
I hope someone can help me. I just started playing this game a few days ago. (Yes, I started playing because it was a goal to download in another TL game LOL)

I understand we get parts (nails, boards, etc) from CID the construction guy. I'm used to playing Bakery and Restaurant story where you put the food on your counters and you can close the game and sell food while you sleep. It looks like here we have to actually have the game open and click on him to get tools. I just sat and watched my game for an hour and saw him once and got a nail. Does that mean I have to spend hours every day doing nothing but watching this game if I want some tools?!

FranDresner
09-29-15, 01:55 AM
Cid appears every hour, so you can log in, click him and log out. Tools are a pain to get though. Nails are plentiful, but shovels and hammers are rare drops. You may not see one for quite a few days.

Malabie
09-29-15, 04:07 AM
And "quite a few days" could mean several weeks, WindermereBakery. I play the game everyday, on multiple occasions, and haven't seen a shovel in over a month. It really does dampen your motivation to play. :(

Bakerling
10-17-15, 10:34 AM
That's too funny!! But I get a lot of nails and no shovels or hammers!!!

Cid the construction worker always walk in and find a seat to sit down. Waiting for us to spot him and he will only give nails all the time. Hope he can give us other parts other than nails

Bakerling
10-17-15, 10:37 AM
Cid appears every hour, so you can log in, click him and log out. Tools are a pain to get though. Nails are plentiful, but shovels and hammers are rare drops. You may not see one for quite a few days.

I don't get any shovels nor hammers from him for 1 week. :(

Bakerling
10-17-15, 10:40 AM
I think Cid come in at certain time only. Must set timing what time he comes in. The second time he comes in. Mine is not every hour.

chuckyt888
10-23-15, 04:53 PM
Cid is no longer showing up every hour for me. The Alaskan and English cruise characters are not showing up at the correct intervals either. In the past rebooting the device has worked to get them showing up. That is not working now either. I've switched to the Halloween version of the game for the cruise and am running into the same issue.

If anyone else is having issues try rebooting your device first. Sadly thats not working for me anymore though.

pauliplayspoker11051992
11-25-15, 08:40 AM
Does anyone know the algorithm for Cid and his chances to drop certain things? I've noticed that time plays a certain part. if you tap on him right when he enters the restaurant you will get a nail. if you wait a little longer while he eats and then tap you'll often get wood or a shovel.
I'm trying to find out the algorithm because I'm in desperate need of blueprints. I need them to expand my restaurant in order to open up the sea fruit market. I've been waiting over 1 week for Cid to drop a blueprint. I think he somehow hates fish and doesn't want me to open up the store :(

adorablerican
11-29-15, 10:29 AM
Do you have to reach a certain level to get the hammer from Cid ?

Chaotarch
11-29-15, 10:33 AM
Do you have to reach a certain level to get the hammer from Cid ?

no, hammer and shovel are rare drops.
blueprints also.

phatzs
12-13-15, 11:40 AM
Wish CID would come around more often. Everything I need/want to do takes a lot of parts

nutchanunu
12-14-15, 12:07 AM
ha ha, He drop only nail all day. If I not have limit of toolbox, it may be full of nails.
I need plank and blue print hard to drop.

He come every hour, keep look out.

phatzs
12-15-15, 07:39 PM
Geez CID enough with the nails lol. Now watch I won't get nails when I need them lol.

DesignergirlX
01-04-16, 03:35 AM
When I first open the game Cid drops by, if I leave the game open he never comes back. He definitely does not come by every hour.

Chaotarch
01-04-16, 05:27 AM
When I first open the game Cid drops by, if I leave the game open he never comes back. He definitely does not come by every hour.

try to deinstall the game and download again.

jasondv
01-19-16, 09:53 PM
I haven't seen hammers or shovels yet at all. Been playing over a month now. Level 22. :(

Chaotarch
01-28-16, 12:58 AM
ok, here is a 100-droprate of Cid:

49 nails, 21 planks, 13 blueprints, 4 shovels, 13 hammers ( 100 )
91 nails, 54 planks, 25 blueprints, 10 shovels, 20 hammers ( 200 )

just for info:rolleyes::cool:

Edit: 200-droprate:rolleyes:

chrissydid
03-16-16, 04:14 PM
ok, here is a 100-droprate of Cid:

49 nails, 21 planks, 13 blueprints, 4 shovels, 13 hammers ( 100 )
91 nails, 54 planks, 25 blueprints, 10 shovels, 20 hammers ( 200 )

just for info:rolleyes::cool:

Edit: 200-droprate:rolleyes:

By this do you mean for every 100 drops 'x' will be...?

I've got a 100 level pantry, I'm completely full (all 100 slots taken) and I've been deleting planks and nails for the last 2 days because I only have 1 hammer and can't build anything! It's making me crazy Come on Cid!! Bring me a hammer!

jelichami
03-21-16, 06:03 AM
I haven't seen a new hammer in months!

Chaotarch
06-18-16, 09:25 AM
By this do you mean for every 100 drops 'x' will be...?

I've got a 100 level pantry, I'm completely full (all 100 slots taken) and I've been deleting planks and nails for the last 2 days because I only have 1 hammer and can't build anything! It's making me crazy Come on Cid!! Bring me a hammer!

sry for late answer.
my pantry is 250.
so it means every "100" drops.

gracelinda
06-20-16, 09:55 AM
I can no longer expand my restaurant but Cid who seldom come by keeps dropping blue prints. They are almost as useless as the nails.

Snackycakes25
06-20-16, 02:35 PM
Is 250 the max for the Pantry? I just upgraded to 250 and I clicked on "Upgrade" to see what I needed to upgrade again and I got the message: "Pantry is at max capacity". I am at Level 60. Will the max increase again when I level up or is 250 the absolute max?

Alohatami
07-28-16, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry, I just need to whine for a moment. I can appreciate that hammer drops are low to keep the game slow, but it's irritatingly slow to me. I have a quest that wants me to cook certain recipes that I can't access because they are "locked by expansion". I have been waiting for one more hammer for at least a month now. I also can't access any of the fruit quests, because I am THREE expansions behind before I can even repair the fruit stand. Then I'm afraid to find out how many hammers that repair will take. I feel like at this rate I won't get the fruit stand open until next year. The fruit stand quest should not have triggered until I was only one expansion behind, not three. Having the fruit stand quest (and other fruit related quests) sitting there, taunting me, makes me feel irritated, not challenged. Ok. I'll stop whining now.

cquinn32
07-28-16, 03:57 PM
Will we ever get to expand again? I've been maxed on expansions for months and months. Why are we held back on this? Not sure who I'm even asking these questions to anyhow lol.

littledarc3
07-28-16, 07:55 PM
Hammers aren't nearly as bad as shovels. I'd love to trade in 10 nails for a board, 10 boards for a blueprint, 10 blueprints for a hammer. I'll give you seeds for a shovel! Please. Make some sort of system to get rid of excess to trade for one that we need!

cquinn32
07-28-16, 09:13 PM
Hammers aren't nearly as bad as shovels. I'd love to trade in 10 nails for a board, 10 boards for a blueprint, 10 blueprints for a hammer. I'll give you seeds for a shovel! Please. Make some sort of system to get rid of excess to trade for one that we need!

I have 50 of each I'd gladly give considering I have no use for them. I've been itching to use tools for quite some time. I doubt they will ever add any sort of a trading system though, based on the fact that they never add anything to this game lol.

Alohatami
07-29-16, 12:07 PM
Cid must have been listening to me. He finally dropped a hammer for me this morning! 😄

Chaotarch
11-04-16, 04:23 AM
dont know it was posted before, but if you maxed out on Cids Part, you can still collecting seeds...:rolleyes:

Peggyg723
03-16-17, 05:39 AM
Cid seems to have stopped visiting me.. its been about 16 hours since I've seen him... tried restarting app several times... any ideas?

disregard - Cid just showed up.. apparently he was waiting for me to complain!! lol.. :p

pansylover
04-14-17, 01:53 AM
I haven't seen CID in days ... wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Rynetory2
04-14-17, 08:07 AM
I'm still seeing him. Try visiting a neighbour or restarting your game. Hope you see him soon. :)

pekkleanson
04-04-18, 09:37 AM
I am 1 blueprint away from building the Seafood Market for so long. Yet Cid gives me everything but blueprint

pekkleanson
04-05-18, 11:13 PM
Finally i got the blueprint :d

philipmyku
04-10-18, 05:37 AM
I am waiting to build 3 buildings because cid refuses to drop planks. I've gotten nothing but nails from his last 25 encounters. 1 plank 3 blueprints and 25 nails! Idk what to do. Is there something special to do get planks or other things because I can't progress anymore without planks. What do I do?

Rynetory2
06-25-18, 12:35 AM
I am waiting to build 3 buildings because cid refuses to drop planks. I've gotten nothing but nails from his last 25 encounters. 1 plank 3 blueprints and 25 nails! Idk what to do. Is there something special to do get planks or other things because I can't progress anymore without planks. What do I do?

Nothing much you can do because they are random drops. Keep collecting. Hopefully you get some soon! :)

Rynetory2
06-25-18, 12:37 AM
I am curious how often do you guys get spade? Do you get them frequently? I probably get 1 in every few months and I am stuck at expanding my restaurant.

killmypatience
06-26-18, 05:46 AM
It's true that we don't get much spade and it's also the same for hammer. I need them for expanding my open-air market.

ZumFredi
06-26-18, 09:21 AM
I have a lack of shovels and hammers all the time...
But I got shovels more than once a month. I guess, I got one shovel per week

Rynetory2
06-26-18, 09:33 AM
I agree, both hammers and shovels are rare. I see a hammer once or twice a month but a shovel takes me months. Thanks for sharing and letting me know. It has been literally been years since I last expanded and I play every day. Guess I have to wait a few more years lol.