PDA

View Full Version : You Matter as A Boutique Owner

IsisGarden
01-12-15, 03:35 PM
I became a Moderator to help out with the game. I know TL still cares about FS. I have been informing them about our thoughts, concerns, critiques, praises, and ideas. They have been making changes, slowly and steadily.

I believe that they will respond to our thoughts, concerns, critiques, praises, and ideas, but it will be slow and the changes will be slow as well. (The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly. :) I have no doubt that change is coming.

Please keep your thoughts, concerns, critiques, praises, and ideas coming to forum. I will be sure to relay them to TL. I have a big mouth and I don't mind speaking out on our behalf.

Each of you are important and your voice needs to be heard, so please stay active on the forums.
Try to be patient (and trust me, patient is not one of my virtues). Change is going to come.

Here's to an amazing 2015 in Fashion Story!

mergirl96
01-12-15, 03:40 PM
Aww Isis your so wonderful! I really appreciate all that you do as a moderator and I love your determination to help bring change into the game. Thank you for all you do! And I will definitely keep bringing all my critiques and suggestions to the forum. Thanks for the support!

JustKay
01-12-15, 06:22 PM
Thanks, Isis. I think you and Kooky provide an amazingly positive contribution to the forum, however I would like to see more developer or designer participation in this FS forum. In many of the more active game forums it is not uncommon to see official TL staff posting, even for some of the most basic of questions or even just to tease on new content coming. I think many boutique owners would see that as positive engagement back from TL around supporting this game. It used to happen more often, but certainly has dropped off more recently. That said I have seen some positive changes happening in the tail end of 2014 and I am optimistic about the possibilities for 2015 :)

auroramom
01-15-15, 05:10 PM
Isis I really hope you can get goals started in fashion again! I know a lot of my fellow players would love that too. Even if we just had 4 seasonal type goals that would be better than none. There have been no new goals in fashion since 7/13. Thanks so much!

orleansparish
01-15-15, 05:55 PM
We want goals! Like we have on the other games. Even the newer game, fantasy Forest have community events. Get one CM from castle, one from bakery and task them with creating something similar on fashion. We get the last goal price, something huge and awesome by collecting ribbons or something. By ordering random clothes and collecting them.

Make it happen! It would be fun and fashion has a huge number of players that would make it work. We could unlock a rack and counter, then an avatar item, one 3x3 display, a mannequin and then a large 4x4 or so display.

I still see people using the Hollywood and the display I can't recall but will say it's the Salvation Army one? With the outfits we have before? Anyways, the xmas one was stunning so I always see them out Every year. Some players even keep it out 365 days. It's just that lovely! So please consider the return of goals.

Also, we need more expansions for all the amazing displays. Perhaps a return of more old items like you have done on RS and all that good stuff!

JustKay
01-15-15, 08:29 PM
More goals would be a great idea! RS and BS get new timed seasonal goals on a regular basis. I don't really get why FS can't. Even DS get goals although they're usually nothing more than breed this egg. Recently they got a new goal tied to an event that was the only way to get a new type of egg. It's like every other TL game is getting goal love but this one.

CuteTali
01-15-15, 09:40 PM
I don't know about goals in Fashion Story... I know a lot of people want them, but I remember back when we used to have goals, it was soo stressful, even more so if you own several boutiques.

It's already hard enough to try and master catalogues, not like the other games where you can master recipes faster. In this game, mastering items is very very slow, you order items individually (instead of like, say groups of 10's) and with only 22 slots and 4 new items added weekly, it's practically impossible to stay on top of things (something that's easier to do in bakery and restaurant). It usually takes me a whole week just to get all 4 items to level 2. Then I try to work on what catalogue I'm currently on to master to full.

Goals - you usually have to order items that you aren't currently trying to master and it interfers with my own schedule for ordering clothes to where they're ready when I can access the game. On the other hand, not doing goals or skipping them completely is not an option, because then I'd miss out on great items that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

We already have timed goals in other games, I personally don't want to make things stressful in this game too.

JustKay
01-16-15, 12:43 AM
Wow, you have finish goals on several stores?! I have three stores and only mastered the goals for one of them. The other two are level 96-ish and they are still on the first few early goals. I just let them sit as is and didn't even start completing the early gem reward goals since I was worried completing them will trigger the start of more goals, some of which might be timed. I figure any catalog that is used in a goal won't be discontinued so if anything I should try to master those catalogs last anyway.

CuteTali
01-16-15, 12:52 AM
Wow, you have finish goals on several stores?! I have three stores and only mastered the goals for one of them. The other two are level 96-ish and they are still on the first few early goals. I just let them sit as is and didn't even start completing the early gem reward goals since I was worried completing them will trigger the start of more goals, some of which might be timed. I figure any catalog that is used in a goal won't be discontinued so if anything I should try to master those catalogs last anyway.

Yeah, but some stores I've had for years now, before they had the login feature and I played on different devices, so it had to be seperate shops. Now, after years of playing, I feel bad abandoning those shops after all the work I've put into them, it's like that for several games that I play. Some of them got just as much or even more progress than my main account, so I keep playing them. At least now there's a login feature, so even when changing to different devices I can keep my shops.

sally_brown
01-16-15, 06:12 PM
On the other hand, not doing goals or skipping them completely is not an option, because then I'd miss out on great items that I wouldn't be able to get any other way. Thank you for explaining this! I never understand it when people act like you have to do goals. This totally makes sense, but it would never occur to me, because I never use the decor items you unlock and in BS and RS only sometimes continue to use the appliances.

CuteTali
01-18-15, 12:25 AM
Thank you for explaining this! I never understand it when people act like you have to do goals. This totally makes sense, but it would never occur to me, because I never use the decor items you unlock and in BS and RS only sometimes continue to use the appliances.

You're welcome :) The decor items you get from completing goals in bakery+restaurant are amazing! The only ones I had ever skipped on were old Halloween ones, because the whole theme for this holiday is so icky, dark and depressing. But most of the other decor items you get from goals are absolutely beautiful!

sally_brown
01-18-15, 09:50 AM
Yeah, they're cute sometimes, but they don't fit in with my vision for my restaurant/bakery, so I never use them. They just sit in storage. :)

irlanda_c
01-23-15, 01:01 PM
Goals and nice displays as prizes!

stacie101
01-24-15, 02:20 AM
I became a Moderator to help out with the game. I know TL still cares about FS. I have been informing them about our thoughts, concerns, critiques, praises, and ideas. They have been making changes, slowly and steadily.

I believe that they will respond to our thoughts, concerns, critiques, praises, and ideas, but it will be slow and the changes will be slow as well. (The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly. :) I have no doubt that change is coming.

Please keep your thoughts, concerns, critiques, praises, and ideas coming to forum. I will be sure to relay them to TL. I have a big mouth and I don't mind speaking out on our behalf.

Each of you are important and your voice needs to be heard, so please stay active on the forums.
Try to be patient (and trust me, patient is not one of my virtues). Change is going to come.

Here's to an amazing 2015 in Fashion Story!

I have been playing fashion many moons now lol about four plus years on and off because of my health
But one thing that bugs me is why after many years of it being out why have we never gotten any new makeup for our display to sell that we payed a ton for back in the day to get with the promise we would? and what about android and other windows base phones being able to order and sell all the old items and iOS can't we should all be able to have the same things with the money we spend...

Thank you
My store name is
LA STAR

pieandcream
01-24-15, 02:35 PM
Goals!
no need to say more :P

Bellamiux
01-24-15, 09:22 PM
As a person with little self control I would like TL to let us sell our Box items for a more reasonable price even if they are 4th price they still cost 24 Gems!!!!!! and goals. thanks :)

bclydett
05-02-15, 04:51 PM
I would like the game 2 b evened out more (selling/making times). I spend days with door blocked making items 2 sell. With stocked racks n counters, i unblock door n continue making items. Unfortunately in a few days, my inventory gets depleted even though i am continuously making items while selling. My door is blocked more then it's open. Am i missing something here? Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't like it 2 take longer selling items but sure would b nice if making items could keep up with selling items. Needs 2 b more in sync with each other. If making times were reduced would certainly make an easy fix

pieandcream
05-03-15, 09:42 AM
I would like the game 2 b evened out more (selling/making times). I spend days with door blocked making items 2 sell. With stocked racks n counters, i unblock door n continue making items. Unfortunately in a few days, my inventory gets depleted even though i am continuously making items while selling. My door is blocked more then it's open. Am i missing something here? Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't like it 2 take longer selling items but sure would b nice if making items could keep up with selling items. Needs 2 b more in sync with each other. If making times were reduced would certainly make an easy fix

if you are new and low level its unavoidable, as you gain levels its manageable. have a look at quantities produces per batch, pick the ones that only earn 2 coins. often u ll find an 8h - 900 pieces. stock up with those and similar ones :) then get back to 5coins-lower quantities for profit.

KatFish68
07-23-15, 06:22 PM
I'm relatively new to FS & was curious as to why I haven't received any other catalogue slots (I'm holding steady at 22) after completing many levels. I don't have enough slots to accommodate the size of my boutique even though I play around the clock. Since outfit sets consist of 4 items, the number of slots should be divisible by 4 & as we level up, we should earn slots. Charging 49 gems for 1 slot is insanely expensive since we hardly ever have challenges compared to other Storm8 games like Restaurant Story. I love FS & hope the powers that be understand these concerns. Ty for your time!
KatFish68

KatFish68
07-23-15, 06:32 PM
I'm relatively new to FS & hope I'm doing this correctly. I am curious as to why I haven't received any other catalogue slots (I'm holding steady at 22) after completing many, many levels. I don't have enough slots to accommodate the size of my boutique & customer flow even though I play around the clock. Since outfit sets generally consist of 4 items on average, the number of slots should be divisible by 4 as well. Then, as we level up, we should earn slots according to our level so we can purchase more to accommodate our larger boutique size/customer flow. Charging 49 gems for just 1 slot is insanely expensive since we hardly ever have challenges or other ways to earn gems, especially compared to other Storm8 games like Restaurant Story. I love FS & hope the powers that be understand these concerns. Ty for your time!
KatFish68

sally_brown
07-23-15, 08:11 PM
That's the maximum amount of free slots. I agree that it should be a multiple of 4, though.

jao1961
07-27-15, 05:08 PM
Yes ty Isis!hope our voices get heard.I was thinking last night without us little people nothing in this world works.we are what make the cogs turn.the people who drive truck cabs busses waitresses waiters cooks cashiers mothers dads the fisherman mechanics and so on and so on.I think the upper crust or ones that have so much control forget we make the difference and we count.I was told by a very strict boss who yelled all the time BTW the customers pay your pay check and don't you forget it!well I never forgot that and he was correct.we understand the company's points and point of view but do they really play their own games?to see what its like to play and invest years of time and money to enjoy these wonderful games.when you really enjoy one you become attached to it.you protect it.you nourish it while it grows.and when its disrupted for whatever reason you or I become annoyed or upset.so yes I think our opinions views thoughts ideas should indeed count.

gotalotaluv
07-28-15, 10:46 AM
I have a few comments, ideas:
*:DGive us incentives:
1. A FREE DISPLAY or mannequin forXMAS every year. We play, spending time, coins, some buy gems. Give us something bk.
2. A REWARD FOR BENCHMARK LVLS. A FREE display/item for lvls 25, 50, 75 & 100. The lvl indicates dedication to playing, make it worth the goal of reaching it!
3. Give newbies immediate access to all catalogs. As SR players (like myself) get bored or play less, it's newbies that keep the game going. Keep them interested.

*:DGive us some GOOD BASIC ITEMS:
1. We REALLY NEED a dressy up-do hairstyle. Finally gave us one but it's a redhead w a crown?:confused: A simple updo-bun w a side part available in all hair colors plz!!
2. Basic T's for the closet: Navy, Red, Blue, Pink, Black, Orange, Plum, etc. They don't have to be a part of a catalog, but would be a simple addition!
3. More 2x2 displays. Although the 3x3 are great, they do take up a lot of space. We need space for clothes to collect likes, AND space to decorate.
4. More scenic backgrounds, be it a room, or landscape. They add volume to the look of any boutique.

*:DMake previous seasonal items available during THAT season
1. During Halloween, Thxgiving, Xmas, and Valentines, bring bk old catalogs for at least that month only. It's in your database. What's the harm?

As times change and the attitudes of the gaming audiences change, so must the game creators. These are just a few ideas I've had over the years. If I've posted them in the wrong place, plz have room mod transfer post to the proper thread.:rolleyes:

cakebaby75
07-28-15, 04:38 PM
I haven't posted for a while, I've kind of become a bit disheartened with the game, but I'm still playing every day.

I became annoyed when we keep getting old displays recycled every week and no new LTOs for so long now. I've been playing a couple of years and so already have all these LTOs.

For me the game could be back to what it once was when I was spending gems every week by

* bring back LTOs

* expansions! Give us more room for those of us already fully expanded.

* bring back optional goals for the players that like to earn displays this way

* have a suggestion thread that is actually listened to, have us players submit ideas and designs

New fresh ideas are what the game needs, new LTOs displays and themes, not just churning out the same old items we already have. It's so disappointing. It would be so good to go back to the good old days of 2012/2013 when this game was brilliant to play.

cakebaby75

beavercakes
08-03-15, 12:50 AM
Cakebaby, Well said! I agree 100%!!!!! New LTO items are what make long time players, like myself excited!! Tempt us with new LTOs and goals and we WILL can buy more gems. Getting tired of seeing recycled LTOs week after week. That defeats the purpose of being "limited time offers"....just sayin'

spydre1
08-16-15, 05:53 AM
Isis, I would really love it if you could convince the devs of FS to not make tapping on the extra inventory slot that you can buy for gems automatic. Any other time you spend gems, it's a two step process, except for that. That leads to accidentally buying an extra slot for gems.

And I TOTALLY agree with adding goals. We have monthly goals in the BS and RS, and even RS 2 has periodic goals (the cruise ships), so why not in FS?

spydre1
08-16-15, 06:11 AM
I don't know about goals in Fashion Story... I know a lot of people want them, but I remember back when we used to have goals, it was soo stressful, even more so if you own several boutiques.

It's already hard enough to try and master catalogues, not like the other games where you can master recipes faster. In this game, mastering items is very very slow, you order items individually (instead of like, say groups of 10's) and with only 22 slots and 4 new items added weekly, it's practically impossible to stay on top of things (something that's easier to do in bakery and restaurant). It usually takes me a whole week just to get all 4 items to level 2. Then I try to work on what catalogue I'm currently on to master to full.

Goals - you usually have to order items that you aren't currently trying to master and it interfers with my own schedule for ordering clothes to where they're ready when I can access the game. On the other hand, not doing goals or skipping them completely is not an option, because then I'd miss out on great items that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

We already have timed goals in other games, I personally don't want to make things stressful in this game too.

That doesn't really bother me - unless it's like 22 hour items. When you have goals in the other games, you have to sacrifice appliance slots to meet those goals. But I think I do things different than you. Have set items that I order on a schedule (you know, when this completes, order this), and keep it that way until I master that catalog.

spydre1
08-16-15, 06:16 AM
Thank you for explaining this! I never understand it when people act like you have to do goals. This totally makes sense, but it would never occur to me, because I never use the decor items you unlock and in BS and RS only sometimes continue to use the appliances.

I almost never use the decorations unlocked, but I sometimes continue to use the appliances (especially when I've mastered others, other than the grill, the oven and stove) for stock, and to master those, on my former accounts.

EDIT: I should say I almost never use the large decoration pieces you get as a reward. The small things, and sometimes the tables and chairs, or the wallpaper and tiles, I use.

spydre1
08-16-15, 06:23 AM
I'm relatively new to FS & hope I'm doing this correctly. I am curious as to why I haven't received any other catalogue slots (I'm holding steady at 22) after completing many, many levels. I don't have enough slots to accommodate the size of my boutique & customer flow even though I play around the clock. Since outfit sets generally consist of 4 items on average, the number of slots should be divisible by 4 as well. Then, as we level up, we should earn slots according to our level so we can purchase more to accommodate our larger boutique size/customer flow. Charging 49 gems for just 1 slot is insanely expensive since we hardly ever have challenges or other ways to earn gems, especially compared to other Storm8 games like Restaurant Story. I love FS & hope the powers that be understand these concerns. Ty for your time!
KatFish68

Twenty two slots is the max, unless you buy more slots with gems. I did for the express reason that if you buy two more slots, you can have six complete outfits processing at a time.

DragonWished
08-17-15, 01:41 PM
I agree with these suggestions. Very nicely worded, cakebaby!

I haven't posted for a while, I've kind of become a bit disheartened with the game, but I'm still playing every day.

I became annoyed when we keep getting old displays recycled every week and no new LTOs for so long now. I've been playing a couple of years and so already have all these LTOs.

For me the game could be back to what it once was when I was spending gems every week by

* bring back LTOs

* expansions! Give us more room for those of us already fully expanded.

* bring back optional goals for the players that like to earn displays this way

* have a suggestion thread that is actually listened to, have us players submit ideas and designs

New fresh ideas are what the game needs, new LTOs displays and themes, not just churning out the same old items we already have. It's so disappointing. It would be so good to go back to the good old days of 2012/2013 when this game was brilliant to play.

cakebaby75