PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to grow crops?

bilbobaggins_
01-11-15, 01:10 PM
Is there any reason to keep growing crops all the time? I visited a bunch of other kingdoms and noticed that a lot of them don't have plots out, just lots of buildings and animals. If I don't have a current quest to use crops for something should I even bother growing anything? I just feel like it uses up a lot of my energy harvesting everything and since I'm level 12 I really need to save it for other things. Also I keep maxing out my stores of crops and I can't even fit anymore in. I'm just more used to Farm Story where it's really important to always grow crops so I'm just wondering if it matters here. Any help anyone can give me would be great!
Also please feel free to add me on the game, I don't have many friends yet.

plby
01-11-15, 01:13 PM
you get a lot more coin from harvesting crops than from collecting from buildings. so yes (: Just avoid corn, it's not worth the energy unless you need to make simple feasts for adventures.

labsandboxers
01-11-15, 02:08 PM
I try to keep everything full. So I say yes to the crops. Also they give an occasionally energy that helps

meme1098
01-11-15, 02:16 PM
To make feasts for adventures, I keep harvesting crops.

ryusei745
01-11-15, 03:01 PM
definitely keep harvesting crops. easily the #1 money maker. also, when you get to the level where you can plant fellora blossoms, try to have a bit of them planted and harvested as much as possible. helps trememdously with 'sister,sister' goal.

ShibuyaCloth
01-11-15, 03:07 PM
If you are not interested in adventure and quests, don't bother. But you will go nowhere in this game. Also the kitchen is a real black hole in them of crops processing. You need waste amounts of crops to go somewhere. Well at low level you have not much use. All will be clear as soon as you have a kitchen and a keep.

Anaboe
01-11-15, 03:16 PM
Yup, kitchen is a black hole. Me to tries to have all crops in storage at maximum, as for simple stuff like flour, and now I'm at the point I try to max out on bread and such.

Also, I have always planted some of everything:
4 Fellodora, 6 Cocoa, 5 Glimmerbulb etc.
So whenever I need something, I just harvest it, instead of planting, waiting and harvesting.

So yes, when you're in need of coins, or have the space for it, always leave your plots sown. You don't have to harvest, but you can when you want to.

SpiritWind00
01-11-15, 05:00 PM
Given you're only at L12 you should just concentrate on your goals. Just plant what you need for now and worry about starting to stockpile later on.

Wheat is a must as you'll soon need to make a simple feast or 2 and you need bread. Just remember at each new level you can buy another crop plot. Do what you can. Energy is a big challenge at the beginning of the game.

You may not have access to the crops from above posts yet, and you certainly won't have the additional energy as mentioned above as that comes from unlocking the black monument which you won't have done yet either.

Good luck! You'll be a seasoned farmer before you know it! :)

ShibuyaCloth
01-11-15, 06:34 PM
Hmm, once you have the kitchen you can start cooking. Currently still have some to go:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-UnofficialGoals-RG-09.png

bilbobaggins_
01-11-15, 10:21 PM
Given you're only at L12 you should just concentrate on your goals. Just plant what you need for now and worry about starting to stockpile later on.

Wheat is a must as you'll soon need to make a simple feast or 2 and you need bread. Just remember at each new level you can buy another crop plot. Do what you can. Energy is a big challenge at the beginning of the game.

You may not have access to the crops from above posts yet, and you certainly won't have the additional energy as mentioned above as that comes from unlocking the black monument which you won't have done yet either.

Good luck! You'll be a seasoned farmer before you know it! :)

thank you everyone!!!! You're all super helpful! A lot of it I don't understand yet because you're talking about crops and stuff I don't have yet haha. So is it worth it to just harvest crops even if I know my storage is full on that crop just for the money from harvesting it? Is that good to do? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to spend my energy I have so little haha.

PernReloaded
01-11-15, 11:23 PM
I thought so when I started out, since I always seemed (and still seem) to need extra coins for something or other. If the crop goes "to waste", so what? It's simply pixels, it's not hurting anybody.

reliquary
01-12-15, 08:30 AM
Let your overflow be your guide:)
Keep growing a diverse amount of crops with emphasis on wheat and sugar, then when you have close to 99 use it in your kitchens.
A really good practice is always keeping at least 40 sugar and flour in your inventory at all times.

ShibuyaCloth
01-12-15, 02:37 PM
thank you everyone!!!! You're all super helpful! A lot of it I don't understand yet because you're talking about crops and stuff I don't have yet haha. So is it worth it to just harvest crops even if I know my storage is full on that crop just for the money from harvesting it? Is that good to do? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to spend my energy I have so little haha.

Don't waste energy on crops that you maxed out, better spend it on a farm for the coins. You can also start maxing out other resources so you can start producing in your workshop.

Chaotarch
01-13-15, 12:24 AM
hey bilbo,

if you are still at lv12 or maybe lv14, and dont know what you should do with your energy, look at THE HUB for your upcoming goals.
so you can see what you need in the future, and there is a lot:rolleyes: