PDA

View Full Version : Gifting

441sogo
01-11-15, 12:40 PM
I'm curious to know how other players approach the limited gifting in this game. I have been rotating through my neighborhood to be fair & inclusive, but this is apparently limiting my ability to receive gifts back (I rarely if ever receive 3 gifts back)! :( I'm so used to the unlimited gifting of BS, and this is quickly becoming a real bummer about this game for me!

My experience with the story games has always revolved around community participation, and that has been a draw for me. RS2 seems to counter that trend by limiting gifts to only 3. Disappointing for me!

ciarjen
01-11-15, 01:08 PM
I'm curious to know how other players approach the limited gifting in this game. I have been rotating through my neighborhood to be fair & inclusive, but this is apparently limiting my ability to receive gifts back (I rarely if ever receive 3 gifts back)! :( I'm so used to the unlimited gifting of BS, and this is quickly becoming a real bummer about this game for me!

My experience with the story games has always revolved around community participation, and that has been a draw for me. RS2 seems to counter that trend by limiting gifts to only 3. Disappointing for me!

Three gifts is what happens in other TL games. Usually what you do is find neighbours you can consistently exchange gifts with and then stick with them, the same 3 every day. I would guess that this is what is happening when neighbours gift you - in that they are looking to see if you will be a regular gifter back.

In FS2 I used to write on walls of neighbours who gifted me saying thanks but I am at max gifts so can't give back but then I got so many gift I couldn't keep up with doing that. I think people understand in the game that you can't give back more than 3 a day and I have over 800 neighbours.

441sogo
01-11-15, 01:24 PM
Three gifts is what happens in other TL games. Usually what you do is find neighbours you can consistently exchange gifts with and then stick with them, the same 3 every day. I would guess that this is what is happening when neighbours gift you - in that they are looking to see if you will be a regular gifter back.

In FS2 I used to write on walls of neighbours who gifted me saying thanks but I am at max gifts so can't give back but then I got so many gift I couldn't keep up with doing that. I think people understand in the game that you can't give back more than 3 a day and I have over 800 neighbours.

Limiting the gifts to 3 is not what I experience in BS, and wasn't my experience when I played RS. Gifting 3 and ONLY 3 neighbors doesn't feel very neighborly to me....well, unless you have only 3 neighbors!

I really like all of the strategy of this game, as it's keeping me on my toes! But there are some serious downfalls for me ~ like the limited gifting, the crazy imbalanced drop rate for parts, and how long it takes you to purchase additional tables.

800 neighbors is one way to reach max gifts, but would be very unsustainable for me.;)

ghjvcucjb
01-11-15, 04:21 PM
For many of us, three gifts per day is the norm in most of the games we play. Keep in mind, it's not only you that can gift three a day, it's everyone else so everyone understands. Here are a couple of suggestions.

Some people find three gifting neighbors who are willing to gift every day. Then they post on their walls that they are not able to gift back so someone doesn't accidentally gift them expecting a return gift.

When I start any TL game I start out by gifting my first three neighbors. The next day if I get any returned gift, I return those. If I have extra I gift a new neighbor(s). The. Next day I return any returned gifts starting with the oldest and if I still have available gifts, I go to the next neighbor on my nbr list. And so on and so on. It works great for me. Eventually everyone who gifts me gets it returned, usually within a few days due to always returning gifts on a first come first serve method.