PDA

View Full Version : Limited Animals!!

Patt1
01-10-15, 04:39 PM
Honestly? Everything new is limited!? Harder and harder to breed something new, but wait it's limited,
Ppfffffffff! Soon i will be done with this, same with DS. Long time player, but my patience has its limit.
Having funTL ? We are not...

ArcadiaTofu
01-10-15, 06:35 PM
I agree; limited animals are all well and good only if it's LIMITED to once a month or so, not every other week :( I wouldn't mind limited animals so much if the odds were better for them, but the odds of getting Supers in the breeding pool are much higher than getting a limited rare or super >.<

Messing with the odds and giving users only a week or so to breed it out are a bit much on top of all the other 'limited' animals that have come out and are still elusive for many players. I wouldn't mind a break from 'limited' animals/theme animals in this game. A gem sale/habitat deal so users can 'recharge' and recover from the breeding frenzy that was X-mas would also not be amiss.

But seeing as how TL is keeping quiet about implementing regular gem sales/habitat sales, I lost hope that FFS would give us a break or give us great deals like they did with Black Friday -___- (Why does CS and DS have gem sales weekly but FFS does not? Someone please explain this to me because it makes no real sense economically).

And, yeah, FFS seems to be adopting too many bad habits that DS has. We don't even have a second nest like DS does for gems in this game. Why is that? A second nest or evolution flower would be a godsend at this point, to be honest, and TL doesn't seem to want to address why DS has a second nest but FFS has yet to be allowed one for users...

ANY answer at this point would be welcome, but the usual response from TL/Mods are usually the normal 'we'll look into this' or 'we'll tell the team about this' reply. The team was 'told' about the need for a second nest/evolution flower months ago... should we even bother at this point?

keller63
01-10-15, 06:51 PM
And, yeah, FFS seems to be adopting too many bad habits that DS has. We don't even have a second nest like DS does for gems in this game. Why is that? A second nest or evolution flower would be a godsend at this point, to be honest, and TL doesn't seem to want to address why DS has a second nest but FFS has yet to be allowed one for users...

maybe learning from thier 'mistakes' from other games that they have and maybe making each one a little different so it doesnt feel like you are doing the same old poo just different game/creatures/colours what not. From installing the other games they advertised and leveling a little to get the gems for the tournaments, ive noticed that some are similar to each other but different at the same time, so it doesnt feel like im doing ffs again except on a farm, or in a wonderland etc etc. but perhaps they are just trying to 'improve' the next game that comes along

not that im defending them because i too am frustrated over limited animals, the amount they have released in one go, doesnt help i started just after halloween and just before thanks giving, but tournaments ive missed out on, limited animals like pumpkin panda too. and its not like im having much of a positive experience going through the forums and seeing all the troubles people are having and the stress they are going through and considering leaving despite playing from day 1 etc etc. I can see that ampeater coming out on a sale next...... many people missed out on that one. People will be buying them too, just like the santa, and the golden retriever, encouraging TL to carry on with the money grabbing (im not exactly innocent in this case, i bought ones that i like the look of) but ofc i would prefer to be given a fair chance to try for the creatures, not be thrown them all the same time, im still trying to breed retriever, but ofc now i have to juggle between that and chimpala and if i really feel like it, the menoram. not exactly easy trying to get these ones when its thrown at you at one time. its unfortunate im also in the EU which ive heard gets a terrible timer when it comes to the tournaments, that we dont get the full 2 days we are meant to get etc. surely there is an easy way to code it so it starts the same time on the day of release for everyone, so at 6am for everyone, not 6am some 11pm others blah blah

goodluck everyone anyway with trying to get these before they run out. it is frustrating beyond belief

EviBrooklyn
01-10-15, 07:13 PM
I agree; limited animals are all well and good only if it's LIMITED to once a month or so, not every other week :( I wouldn't mind limited animals so much if the odds were better for them, but the odds of getting Supers in the breeding pool are much higher than getting a limited rare or super >.<

Messing with the odds and giving users only a week or so to breed it out are a bit much on top of all the other 'limited' animals that have come out and are still elusive for many players. I wouldn't mind a break from 'limited' animals/theme animals in this game. A gem sale/habitat deal so users can 'recharge' and recover from the breeding frenzy that was X-mas would also not be amiss.

But seeing as how TL is keeping quiet about implementing regular gem sales/habitat sales, I lost hope that FFS would give us a break or give us great deals like they did with Black Friday -___- (Why does CS and DS have gem sales weekly but FFS does not? Someone please explain this to me because it makes no real sense economically).

ANY answer at this point would be welcome, but the usual response from TL/Mods are usually the normal 'we'll look into this' or 'we'll tell the team about this' reply. The team was 'told' about the need for a second nest/evolution flower months ago... should we even bother at this point?

Mods don't need to tell TL about these issues bc TL does read the forums
Btw, a paying player and a forum friend decided to leave the game due to the issues were talking here. We saw one time only sale, difficult to breed supers and ultras, expansions, long evolution times etc
He was trying to breed a citrine and didn't manage to though he spent enough gems on speed breeding
I keep visiting his island but he is truly gone and not coming back I guess as the same egg is on his nest and same animals breeding
Though I have a full album, I don't see where we're going with this game. I have two habitats sitting in storage and who knows when I'll be able to showcase them, I have a golden retriever evolving 3 times back to back , 36 hours each and it's truly annoying the heck out of me... Even if we had the possibility of a 2nd nest or evolving flower, soon everyone will run out of space again and well get annoyed again
Like I mentioned above, where are we going with this game? Though we all love the cute designs, it's not enough to keep us entertained, most of us seem to be annoyed for the same reasons.

flowless
01-10-15, 09:13 PM
I think this is a better game than DS
Animation and designs of habuits and islands
I like they skipped over some annoying features ( crafting , clock and quests )

And it feels like they are avoiding some things that are not beneficial to them
Like second nest

But what ****ing the game for me
Is the amount of limited animlas released
I honstly thought they would cool it off
Removing fellaboy , menoram and cafetti one by one
While adding new permanet animlas
I was happy to be over fall , christmas and new year animlas

Thats too much stress for such an enjoyable game
I was addicted to dragon too
And i spent alot of money
But when i strated missing out animals thats when i quit
I dont want that to happen here too

I also noticed some of my nighbors ( 2 actually with upgraded habits also quiting game

ahomeforme
01-13-15, 07:59 AM
I have to agree breeding the limited time animals is becoming a chore and ****ing the joy of this game for me.
If they have a second nest, I would definitely buy one. I have 14 (!) animals in my storage waiting for an empty nest, but... it is always occupied because I keep trying for limited animals.
*sadface*

Jennerwein1
01-13-15, 08:19 AM
Agree, too many limiteds, very stressful. I have 8 (eight!) animals in storage, because I as soon as a get ( or not) a limited, another one comes out. Back to square one, cannot get anybody out of storage. So I am not even aggressively pursuing Thorilla, it would just be another stored animal.

willgb09
01-13-15, 09:13 AM
I am worn out from the limiteds as well. It feels like those are the only animals ai have time to try for. I am still missing so many of the regulars, ye the only way I have a chance to get them is if I luck out and the limited has the same combo. Please cut back on the limited releases.

sand
01-13-15, 11:02 AM
Truly, in this game, the animals are given limited release just for the sake of it. (Well, we know that ultimately, TL is seeking to drive gem sales but...)
It made sense to have 2-3 limited breedable animals for each holiday or special season. And I think the more seasoned players among us from various games were braced for the brutal breeding gauntlet that runs from October through early January -- Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Winter. But in Fantasy Forest we are seeing a steady procession of limited releases that have no apparent connection to anything seasonal. Take this week's Chimpala, for example. Why on earth (no pun intended) is that animal only available to breed for a few days? Is it the annual Chimpala breeding season? Is it leaving to make room for more elusive rare creatures that have the breeding odds of super-rares? I don't get it.
TeamLava has made many decisions about the pace and economy of this game that have left us scratching our heads. Yes, we expect them to set things up to drive the use and sales of premium currency units. But I for one did not expect them to reach such levels of absurdity. Nor will I dance to this insane drumbeat. As I noted in the Chimpala thread, I refuse to chase after these persistently limited creatures with their depressed breeding odds at the expense of trying for other creatures. Every week for the past three months, most of us have been repeatedly putting the same two elements into the Garden for days at a time, forgoing all other breedings because we don't want to miss out on some animal who's just passing through. And the saddest part is that so many of us DO still miss out, even the ones who dump loads of gems into speeding their efforts for more chances. Enough, already.

Vodelle
01-13-15, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I 100% don't understand why the Chimpala (for instance) is limited. It looks like it'd be perfectly at home with all the other non-limited animals. It's not related to any holiday or season, so... ??? I mean, the obvious reason is to just drive more gem sales (or package sales later). That's not really a good move to make imo, since blatant greediness does eventually backfire.

AuntyRose32
01-13-15, 01:00 PM
If they have a second nest, I would definitely buy one. I have 14 (!) animals in my storage waiting for an empty nest, but... it is always occupied because I keep trying for limited animals.

Same here, I went ahead and bought the Crystal Unicorn when it was on sale there awhile back (didn't want a repeat of DS, still no Diamond there, playing since the begining) Anyway that Crystal Unicorn sat in my storage until yesterday! I never had a free nest to put it on, constantly trying for some limited/super rare animal just doesn't allow for me to pull any animal out of storage to hatch it. All my Christmas world event animals are in storage still. Don't know when they'll see the light of day, same goes for my Halloween world event animals....they probably think I've forgotten about them, I haven't but I'm sure they won't believe me ;)

I pulled the Crystal unicorn out because I got really tired of trying for the confetti yeti, so sick of conductors! Then the champala been limited already sent me over the edge...lol. Haven't even had time to try for it (I want that confetti yeti) so while my Crystal Unicorn is on the nest I threw Pyro Pony and Rhino into the breeding den, no luck.

If TL could just slow down the super rares to once a month and not once a week and not make animals limited so quickly that would be a lot more enjoyable for everyone.

cquinn32
01-13-15, 01:20 PM
I agree with everyone here!! But I am done suggesting things about this game. TL has made it abundantly clear that they couldn't care less what we think!!

steindauw
01-13-15, 02:02 PM
It helps to remember that TL is a business, and businesses are kinda amoral by design. That goes double for the mobile games industry, which is rife with ripoffs of other games and free-to-play-pay-to-win titles. Their motivation is to make money, not to let us collect cutesy fantasy creatures for free. And with no ads, revenue has to come from somewhere. These games are unfair/difficult by design, in order to make people spend money on them. I get that the model has to be like that, but I'd be much more inclined to drop some money on gems and stuff if TL wasn't so obviously trying to pull every fast one in order to grab that money from me: the endless stream of limited animals, the lack of a confirmation before spending huge amounts of gold/gems to speed up things.. you better believe these things are 100% intentional, and as long as people make it profitable, there really is no motivation for TL to change their practices. Me, I'm done giving money to TL until their games resemble actual games more than obvious streams of revenue.

Vodelle
01-13-15, 02:37 PM
I get that the model has to be like that, but I'd be much more inclined to drop some money on gems and stuff if TL wasn't so obviously trying to pull every fast one in order to grab that money from me: the endless stream of limited animals, the lack of a confirmation before spending huge amounts of gold/gems to speed up things.. you better believe these things are 100% intentional, and as long as people make it profitable, there really is no motivation for TL to change their practices. Me, I'm done giving money to TL until their games resemble actual games more than obvious streams of revenue.

Right, this! I'm no stranger to paying a lot of money in various mobile games, but the games that seem to do best actually treat you a bit better than just a big fat dumb wallet. I'd be more likely to buy gems, for example, if FFS actually had sales - but nope, not even that, so I'll keep not spending.

readysetgo888
01-13-15, 07:46 PM
Take this week's Chimpala, for example. Why on earth (no pun intended) is that animal only available to breed for a few days? Is it the annual Chimpala breeding season?

Lol lol thanks for making me laugh...

TAs I noted in the Chimpala thread, I refuse to chase after these persistently limited creatures with their depressed breeding odds at the expense of trying for other creatures.

This is where I'm at, too. I understand if you really love a limited animal, it makes sense to try a lot for it, but I can't get into the mindset of trying for an animal exclusively just BECAUSE it's limited. I already don't have every animal that's been released and never would even if I tried exclusively for every limited animal, since the game seems to be designed to just prevent you from getting them sometimes, and they have depressingly low odds. So, I'm not doing it. I'll try for a limited animal only if I love it... otherwise who cares? It's only around for a week. So what if I miss it. However, that ever elusive, will never come to my forest Sea Drake, that I've wanted for months? I'm going to make time to breed for it. I don't care if I miss limited animals in the meantime. I just can't deal with the boredom (and the feeling of pressure) of breeding for something exclusively for a whole week or longer, especially if chances are pretty good I may never get it anyway.

So yeah... TL is clearly not going to change their limited animal release schedule and if anything it may get worse. For those of you that are super bothered by the stress of limited animals... just pass on them! Keep breeding for the other animals that you're missing that don't have a time limit! I refuse to stress about limited animals and limited tournaments any longer. It's a game for crying out loud. Either it's fun, where I can spend money when I want without feeling pressured into it, or I'm not playing it.

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 03:47 PM
We don't know that it's disappearing after the goal expires. I can't promise that it won't, but they have yet to yank an animal when the goal to breed it expires without previously labeling it limited. It hasn't been labeled limited yet. I think it's highly unlikely that it's disappearing from the shop when the goal expires. If that happens, it will be the first time that they've handled it that way. I believe they have always given at least 3-4 days with a limited label before removing any animal. The Valentine's animals were a special case, and in fact, they WERE given an expiration date.

Vodelle
03-03-15, 04:32 PM
We don't know that it's disappearing after the goal expires. I can't promise that it won't, but they have yet to yank an animal when the goal to breed it expires without previously labeling it limited. It hasn't been labeled limited yet. I think it's highly unlikely that it's disappearing from the shop when the goal expires. If that happens, it will be the first time that they've handled it that way. I believe they have always given at least 3-4 days with a limited label before removing any animal. The Valentine's animals were a special case, and in fact, they WERE given an expiration date.
That's not entirely true. For example, the palmeranian expired with its goal and I remember there being some question of whether it would be gone or not. (I suppose the general rule of thumb is - if you only have a week-long goal to breed it, say bye when that goal expires, even if the game doesn't specifically mark the animal as limited anywhere.)

I think that it's quite possible the mardi claw will stay on for a bit, kind of like the confetti yeti did, but who knows with this game.

zenobia42
03-03-15, 04:37 PM

I could swear they have had animals that were NEVER labeled "limited time" in the store (the store label only ever read "new") that were then yanked. I am about to eat but I'll try to remember or look up what animals that happened with later. The store absolutely can NOT be trusted to clue you in that an animal is about to disappear. And this animal is a holiday animal, so I don't expect it to last longer than the goal timer.

It would be REALLY great if every animal that has a timer showed that timer in the store. Or album. Or anywhere other than one of a zillion pop-ups we are conditioned to just close knowing it would take 10 minutes to start playing the game if we read them all every morning... especially since the pop-ups tend to be old news, that are NOT timed to boot (yes, we KNOW we can expand to the Treent of Life and Hareon already!).

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 04:46 PM
That's not entirely true. For example, the palmeranian expired with its goal and I remember there being some question of whether it would be gone or not. (I suppose the general rule of thumb is - if you only have a week-long goal to breed it, say bye when that goal expires, even if the game doesn't specifically mark the animal as limited anywhere.)

I think that it's quite possible the mardi claw will stay on for a bit, kind of like the confetti yeti did, but who knows with this game.

The Palmeranian was limited from the start, though. It didn't say that it was limited to one week, but so far, every single animal that has come with a "limited" label from the moment it was introduced has been a one week animal. And every single animal that has NOT come with a limited label has only been removed after getting that label, usually with 3-6 days left to breed it - regardless of when the goal to breed it expired. The only exception to that was the holiday element animal sets, which were given a special date to be removed that we knew at the start.

So, it is entirely true lol. If TL removes the Marti Claw tonight, it will be the first time they've taken an animal from the game with no "limited" label, or previously established date that it would be removed. I can't promise they will never do it, but I think it's unlikely.

I actually think the goals are there to get tons of money out of people for the same animal twice. Since so many people are under the impression that the animal expires when the goal expires, it's likely that a lot of people will speed breed for it before the goal expires. And if they don't get it then, there's a chance for another speeding frenzy when it is ACTUALLY labeled limited. Just a theory... I'm not really sure what other purpose the goals do serve for TL. It would make the most sense if the goals actually did expire when the animal expires and not before, but so far, that just has not been the case.

zenobia42
03-03-15, 05:27 PM
From the present pheasant thread:

OMG it's gone?? I have still been trying for it. -____-

Well :( I guess I missed this one. You'd think with the endless trying for xmas critters and toucan I would have lucked out with this little guy, but I guess not.

Well, I am glad my kiddos got them. My son actually got two... But he can't get a reindeer or a santa. :(

I am going to view this as a blessing in disguise. The more critters I miss, the less I will be disappointed when I miss future ones. :P It's a lot easier to face the failures in this game when you don't have your heart set on a "complete album."

Totally agree with you. They removed this with absolutely no notice as far as I know. I don't remember it ever having a specific timer but I could be wrong.

The first one I ever missed was the Nightmare (so... the first one...). Much easier not to care if I miss future ones. The game is designed so that if you don't spend $$$$ you can't get all the animals.

Limited animals HAVE been removed with no countdown, no indication whatsoever that they were about to expire. The present pheasant was marked limited from the start unlike this animal, but TL changes how they sequence these things all the time, and there is precedent for an animal being removed that never got a timer. The first limited animal, scarecrow, was marked limited from the start with a timer. The next, Frankenswine, they marked as though it was permanent, then changed it to limited. Some are limited from the start, some not. Some get one week, some 3, some even more. There is NO rhyme or reason to what TL does in terms of limited animals, and they LOVE to pull the rug out from under us and make any change that is likely to make us think we need to speed-breed more. That's why I don't trust them not to just yank this off the market when the goal is over with no warning. Because they LOVE to screw with our heads in ways that make us itch to use gems. I just don't trust them.

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 05:37 PM
Limited animals HAVE been removed with no countdown, no indication whatsoever that they were about to expire. The present pheasant was marked limited from the start unlike this animal, but TL changes how they sequence these things all the time, and there is precedent for an animal being removed that never got a timer. The first limited animal, scarecrow, was marked limited from the start with a timer. The next, Frankenswine, they marked as though it was permanent, then changed it to limited. Some are limited from the start, some not. Some get one week, some 3, some even more. There is NO rhyme or reason to what TL does in terms of limited animals, and they LOVE to pull the rug out from under us and make any change that is likely to make us think we need to speed-breed more. That's why I don't trust them not to just yank this off the market when the goal is over with no warning. Because they LOVE to screw with our heads in ways that make us itch to use gems.

This doesn't contradict what I said. The Present Pheasant was labeled limited from the start and was removed after one week. So far, all of the animals that have had the limited label from the start (Scarecrow, Cold Turkey, Present Pheasant, Chimpala, Palmeranian) have been removed after one week. I don't remember if the Scarecrow had a countdown, but I'm pretty sure none of those others did. I think Chimpala and Palmeranian had "limited" pop ups, don't remember about Cold Turkey and Present Pheasant.

There has definitely been a pattern to the removal of animals. Not totally precise, but it hasn't been random. All animals labeled "limited" from the start have been one week limited. All other animals that have been removed, with the exception of the holiday element animals, have been given "limited" labels 3-6 days before they were removed... and it happened 3-6 weeks after they were released, regardless of whether they had goals to breed them or when those goals expired. I can't remember which ones had goals, I know the Yeti for sure did, that's the only one I'm sure about but I think Unicornucopia might have... either way, they weren't removed without getting limited labels first.

That being said, I agree that TL MIGHT pull this animal, or some other animal, with no label, just to mess with us. There's a first time for everything and if they think it will confuse/aggravate/panic people into spending more money, they might just do it. However, they haven't done it yet, and until they do, I will continue to predict an animal's removal based on the established patterns.

ETA: I do think it's pretty unlikely that they will pull an animal without a limited label. I explained this in some other thread, but I don't remember which one... the limited label is what creates a breeding frenzy. Removing an animal with no label denies everyone the chance to speed breed a ton for it before it goes away.... so I don't think they would do that. It's losing a lot of money on that particular animal. If they ever do, it would likely be done for the exclusive purpose of contradicting the established pattern and causing people even more panic and uncertainty about animals. And I doubt it would become the norm. Only time will tell, but I really don't see it happening.

Vodelle
03-03-15, 05:50 PM
Hm... you are correct. I looked at the palmeranian thread and someone had mentioned it had been labeled limited. The confusion had been about whether it was one-week or if it would stay around longer.

Which is the common theme, really - confusion about when limited animals are actually going to expire. (And the confusion with whether animals are limited or not too, haha.)

zenobia42
03-03-15, 05:50 PM
This doesn't contradict what I said, though. The Present Pheasant was labeled limited from the start and was removed after one week. So far, all of the animals that have had the limited label from the start (Scarecrow, Cold Turkey, Present Pheasant, Chimpala, Palmeranian) have been removed after one week. I don't remember if the Scarecrow had a countdown, but I'm pretty sure none of those others did. I think Chimpala and Palmeranian had "limited" pop ups, don't remember about Cold Turkey and Present Pheasant.

There has definitely been a pattern to the removal of animals. Not totally precise, but it hasn't been random. All animals labeled "limited" from the start have been one week limited. All other animals that have been removed, with the exception of the holiday element animals, have been given "limited" labels 3-6 days before they were removed... and it happened 4-6 weeks after they were released, regardless of whether they had goals to breed them or when those goals expired. I can't remember which ones had goals, I know the Yeti for sure did, that's the only one I'm sure about but I think Unicornucopia might have... either way, they weren't removed without getting limited labels first.

That being said, I agree that TL MIGHT pull this animal, or some other animal, with no label, just to mess with us. There's a first time for everything and if they think it will confuse/aggravate/panic people into spending more money, they might just do it. However, they haven't done it yet, and until they do, I will continue to predict an animal's removal based on the established patterns.

I didn't say it contradicted you. Sorry if I sounded like I was trying to prove you wrong or something because I wasn't. I was trying to say that there are a lot of different ways they handle limited animals (even when you try to categorize it as black and white, you admit there are exceptions to the "rules") and that they change over time. There was a time that if an animal was going to be limited, it said so at the start. Then that changed with the Frankenswine - they pretended that was permanent then changed it to limited. Then the Xmas animals were limited from the start but we started getting pop-ups telling us when they were going away. Then with the Valentine's animals, there were pop-up actually preceding the animals. To me, it very much seems that it is not constant. That it is always changing / evolving / new "types" of limited animals appearing. Not just changing but every change is in such a way as to leave us disoriented and feeling like we need to spend gems on speed breeding if we want ANY animal that sounds like it could possibly become limited at some point. I can understand the need to categorize the plethora of ways they go about limited animals, but it is my opinion that to call it a set pattern mean you have to keep adding new categories to the extent that I would call it ever-changing, not a set pattern. JMO. I don't think you are in any way "wrong." I just see/interpret it differently. I think both our viewpoints are valid.

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 06:08 PM
I didn't say it contradicted you. Sorry if I sounded like I was trying to prove you wrong or something because I wasn't. I was trying to say that there are a lot of different ways they handle limited animals (even when you try to categorize it as black and white, you admit there are exceptions to the "rules") and that they change over time. There was a time that if an animal was going to be limited, it said so at the start. Then that changed with the Frankenswine - they pretended that was permanent then changed it to limited. Then the Xmas animals were limited from the start but we started getting pop-ups telling us when they were going away. Then with the Valentine's animals, there were pop-up actually preceding the animals. To me, it very much seems that it is not constant. It is always changing / evolving / new "types" of limited animals appearing. Not just changing but every change is in such a way as to leave us disoriented and feeling like we need to spend gems on speed breeding if we want ANY animal that sounds like it could possibly become limited at some point. I can understand the need to categorize the plethora of ways they go about limited animals, but it is my opinion that to call it a set pattern mean you have to keep adding new categories to the extent that I would call it ever-changing, not a set pattern. JMO.

I agree their handling of everything hasn't been consistent or smooth - but I never said anything about patterns in pop ups, countdowns, goals, etc - just the limited label and the animal's removal. So far, there have been 2 different categories - limited from the start for one week, and removed with a limited label 3-6 days in advance of the animal's removal.

The only thing we can really say for sure based on all this is that no animal has ever been removed without previously being labeled limited in the shop. The holiday element animals are a specific exception, and even lumping every single solitary animal that has been removed from the game together, it STILL can't be claimed that TL has ever removed an animal without some kind of notice. They've all had notice. That's why I feel pretty confident saying that the Marti Claw won't be removed without a label giving people 3-6 additional days to breed it. Based on past animals, I would say that we probably have another couple weeks before that happens. I could be wrong about that, it could get a limited label tomorrow, but as for it disappearing tonight when the goal expires, that would be completely new territory for TL.

I think we need to remind people that the goal expiring does not necessarily mean that the animal is expiring (especially when the opposite is actually true - the goal expiring has had nothing to do with the animal being removed). No reason to contribute to the panic and confusion that TL already causes. Until they do otherwise, I will continue to tell everyone that we can likely safely assume that an animal won't be removed until it has a limited label.

Annnnnnd also I think we might spend a little too much time analyzing this game lol. :p

zenobia42
03-03-15, 07:58 PM
Annnnnnd also I think we might spend a little too much time analyzing this game lol. :p

lol - and THAT is the most astute observation of this discussion. ;)

Tokitae
03-04-15, 05:43 PM
I quit this game at Christmas. It just isn't fun anymore. Sad to see things haven't changed... TL hasn't learned a thing...

Vodelle
03-04-15, 06:26 PM
I quit this game at Christmas. It just isn't fun anymore. Sad to see things haven't changed... TL hasn't learned a thing...
If anything, it's gotten worse. With the valentines animals they release multiple limiteds at once. (Palmeranian, mardi claw, etc.) Most people have not had the chance to attempt to breed these animals, since they are too busy failing on just one limited of their choice.

(And now there's also the snowpossum/pigmy giraffe being limited. Fun times.)

Tokitae
03-04-15, 06:41 PM
If anything, it's gotten worse. With the valentines animals they release multiple limiteds at once. (Palmeranian, mardi claw, etc.) Most people have not had the chance to attempt to breed these animals, since they are too busy failing on just one limited of their choice.

(And now there's also the snowpossum/pigmy giraffe being limited. Fun times.)

That's sad. :/ They should have to play their own game without being able to just poof limiteds into existence.

zenobia42
03-04-15, 07:11 PM

Yeah, it's ten times worse now with as many as 5-6 limiteds all at once, constantly going off the market only to have a new one pop it. This game is like whack-a-mole now. If whack-a-mole had someone standing over your shoulder grabbing your mallet, preventing it from hitting the target 95% of the time.

Congrats on escaping the addiction. :)