PDA

View Full Version : Best items to cook?

KadeeDid
01-10-15, 11:20 AM
Which foods do you think are the best to cook? What are your favorites?

I know this game is new but there are people who like to calculate all this and make tables etc.

Also what do we do with the spices? Do you use them on a recipe? Obviously you want to use them on something with a lot of servings.

Just getting into this. Accidentally opened garden. Meant to wait and do street market.
Thanks!

WinnyWoos
01-10-15, 12:19 PM
Yes, you need 2 garlic and 2 basil to make the 1hr spice which adds $1 per serving so like you said, you'd want to use it on a food item that has the most servings. At level 20 I think, you get another spice opinion that takes 3 garlic, 3 basil and 1 ginger, takes 3 hrs to make and adds $2 per serving. So far I don't have any recipes that require them. Just use them for the spice station.

kuppikahvia
01-10-15, 02:43 PM
Personally I use my spice on fajitas, because they have 700 servings which means value for your efforts :)
I love fajitas and chicken noodle soup

jtm101
01-10-15, 04:08 PM
I confess to being one of those who created a spreadsheet to work out what is best to cook.
I try to maximise the profits from ingredients as best as i can, for the longer regen timed ones. Here's a short list...

Steak - French dip sandwich
Sugar - Carrot Cake
Potato - Potato Soup
Cream - Tomato Soup
Chicken - Chicken Broccoli Casserole or Chicken Noodle Soup

P.S. I'm only lvl 15, so there are probably better recipes to come

deucedeuce22
01-10-15, 04:09 PM
Unless it's for a task, I stay away from any recipe over 2 hours. Steak & eggs, fajitas, chicken Alfredo, chicken broccoli casserole, and blts are my go to recipes.

mommydiner2
01-18-15, 02:06 PM
I confess to being one of those who created a spreadsheet to work out what is best to cook.
I try to maximise the profits from ingredients as best as i can, for the longer regen timed ones. Here's a short list...

Steak - French dip sandwich
Sugar - Carrot Cake
Potato - Potato Soup
Cream - Tomato Soup
Chicken - Chicken Broccoli Casserole or Chicken Noodle Soup

P.S. I'm only lvl 15, so there are probably better recipes to come

I like cooking the items that give at least 4 coins per serving...
Sushi bar has some that give 6!

mamareader02
01-18-15, 02:55 PM
The casserole,and that wierd one at top of the steak oven,the casserole w mushrooms,I mean(stay..awake...just one more hour...lo)

infinitelove19
01-20-15, 12:44 PM
I love maximizing the efficiency of my kitchen, utilizing ingredients, appliances and counter-space to the max.
Unfortunately, what works best at one level and appliance distribution changes quickly. I find the longer refreshing items, like onion, peppers, rice and salmon are the things to focus on. Whatever you have least access to should go into the recipe/appliance that will use it best and then the easier access items can be used to 'fill the gaps.'

At the moment (& level 37) my favourites (divided by which appliance they are cooked on) include:
split pea soup (only unlocked recipe for chateau oven),
tuna sandwich,
veggie sushi
osso bucco, steak and eggs
baked salmon, Tuna casserole, stuffed peppers (Marguerita pizza when counter space)
carrot cake, baked potato, pepperoni pizza, chicken broccoli,
chicken alfredo, tomato soup and breakfast sandwich

And that fills up my sixteen counters. ;-)

WinnyWoos
01-20-15, 01:44 PM
I love reading this thread! I have calculated numerous things trying to find out what's best for me but with the street market and never knowing if I'll, for example, find that extra onion I need, it's hard for me to keep a steady menu.

I did just realize that I could gain more coin if I utilized my onions differently from how I was previously which was by using the 3 I get every 8 hrs for the Osso Baco (sp?) with the house spice which was earning me an extra 2k for that dish. But I did the math and if I used them for 2 fajitas with house spice I'll actually make more money. I realize it will take an additional house spice and will have collect twice in order to do it this way starting out but I think perhaps my onions will bring more money this way. We'll see....

Since I'm a creature of habit, I have not been using my onions for the newer recipes that require my precious onions lol but would love to hear how others use them cause those seem to be the most profitable thus far. But Ive not unlocked my peas or mushrooms yet either (not sure how to work them into my space atm) so those might be more profitable?? I sure hope their collection times aren't longer than 8 hrs!! Scared to know!

infinitelove19
01-20-15, 05:38 PM
I love reading this thread! I have calculated numerous things trying to find out what's best for me but with the street market and never knowing if I'll, for example, find that extra onion I need, it's hard for me to keep a steady menu.

I did just realize that I could gain more coin if I utilized my onions differently from how I was previously which was by using the 3 I get every 8 hrs for the Osso Baco (sp?) with the house spice which was earning me an extra 2k for that dish. But I did the math and if I used them for 2 fajitas with house spice I'll actually make more money. I realize it will take an additional house spice and will have collect twice in order to do it this way starting out but I think perhaps my onions will bring more money this way. We'll see....

Since I'm a creature of habit, I have not been using my onions for the newer recipes that require my precious onions lol but would love to hear how others use them cause those seem to be the most profitable thus far. But Ive not unlocked my peas or mushrooms yet either (not sure how to work them into my space atm) so those might be more profitable?? I sure hope their collection times aren't longer than 8 hrs!! Scared to know!

Before I had 2 commercial ovens, I found fajitas were the best use of my onions/peppers.
Now that I have 2 commercial ovens, I need the peppers to make stuffed peppers and so I use my onions for Osso Bucco.
I always make/use the one hour spice, unless I will be away from my game for at least two hours, in which case I make the longer one.

I have unlocked peas (4 hour) and mushrooms (16 hour), and currently use mushrooms for tuna casserole (1400 servings) and use all the peas I can get for split pea soup (chateau oven). I'll need to use some mushrooms for risotto (chateau oven) but for now will likely only make enough for that particular goal, as I need all the rice I can get for sushi.

I don't know about you, but most recipes I just make once, usually to complete a goal and that's it.

mcmug17
01-21-15, 08:53 AM
I love maximizing the efficiency of my kitchen, utilizing ingredients, appliances and counter-space to the max.
Unfortunately, what works best at one level and appliance distribution changes quickly.

^ That.

Currently lvl 24.

The obvious one is cucumber. The deli is churning out cuke sandwiches only.
Bacon goes to baked potatoes and the occasional eggs benedict.
I reserve onions for Osso Buco; peppers for quiche.
Chicken and Broc...

To fill the gap I make Chicken soup, carrot cake, cheesecake, meatball spag...

I'm sure this list will get thrown out of the window as soon as I hit 25.

ellyse99
02-26-15, 04:04 AM
This's what I currently have for each appliance, and I'm level 49 but only have some of the high-level recipes unlocked. I don't even have the diner stove or Valentine Oven out anymore, none of the dishes there are worth my time and counter space.

Commercial Range: Steak and Eggs, Fajitas (occasionally Chicken Noodle Soup if I have too much of chicken and have spare counter space)
Chateau Stove: Lobster Bisque (occasionally Mushroom Risotto, Apple Ginger Chicken or Split Pea Soup if I have enough counter space and too much of mushrooms)
Diner Oven: Baked Potato, Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Carrot Cake
Commercial Oven: Tuna Casserole, Lobster Thermidor, Baked Salmon (occasionally Margherita Pizza if I have spare counter space)
Chateau Oven: Cr?me Brulee, Ginger Snaps (I don't have the other recipes unlocked)
Deli Station: Bruschetta, Tuna Sandwich, Antipasto Platter
Salad Bar: Veggie Sushi, Chicken Salad
Drink Station: Ginger Tea

I'm looking at weeding out Steak and Eggs, and replacing it with Chicken Noodle Soup. I like Steak and Eggs as it's "brainless" to cook, has an ideal cooking time, and I always have too much beef lying around, but I realised the earnings are ****. Habits are hard to break!
Also in the process of weeding out Carrot Cake and making more of Chicken Broccoli Casserole, since I always have too much chicken, and sometimes too much broccoli.
I would love to add Veggie Pizza but I always end up using the veggies for something else (Fajitas and Tuna Casserole). I'm looking at cooking more of Margherita Pizza since it costs literally nothing to make (basil is always free) and earns well.
I used to make Cucumber Sandwiches but dumped them now in favour of the other 3 things I can cook on the Deli Station.

If I need to be offline for more than 2 hours, I make Osso Buco if I don't have enough peppers for Fajitas (or want to use them for Antipasto Platter instead), and Bitterballen if I don't have enough potatoes/carrots/broccoli for Baked Potato. I'd make Lobster Sandwich if I don't have enough ingredients for either Antipasto Platter or Tuna Sandwich, but so far this has never happened.