PDA

View Full Version : Why do you tip?

wintercookies1
01-10-15, 12:32 AM
Hi,
I'm just wondering why people tip? I used to tip, but I found tipping tables over and over again to be boring and a waste of time, so I stopped (unless required to complete a goal, of course). So why do you still do it? What enjoyment do you get out of it or help are you giving other players? It's 120 coins, so you're barely making a dent in the players' bank.
If anyone can enlighten me on why you tip, please do. :)

sls0991
01-10-15, 01:29 AM
Tipping and keeping a high star level gives your neighbors an idea of how often you are playing. I wish there was more of a "last logged on" type of feature instead, because it's very difficult to tip enough every day to keep a high star level, especially when life gets busy. There are only so many "tipped you" notifications and unless you write on walls for each neighbor, daily, there is no way to tell who is active and who's not. TL really needs to address this problem. I feel bad getting rid of 0 star players, but I just assume they aren't playing and won't gift me or accept requests, which makes it difficult for goals and building ovens. I have maybe 35 neighbors right now, if that, and it's still impossible to remember who gifted me and who didn't unless I were to write it down or screenshot it every day, each time I logged into the game. Very tedious, I just don't have the time for that unfortunately.

carabellexo
01-10-15, 03:54 AM
I tip as it lets your neighbours know you are active and there to help.

BuddyB111
01-10-15, 09:55 AM
I tip as it lets your neighbours know you are active and there to help.

I agree with this answer. At the start it's about building a neighbourhood to help with raising money through tips and gifts. Later it's about maintaining good relationships to make playing the game easier and more enjoyable, especially between goals.

But one of the best reasons is to see other bakery designs and new goal items in situ! I love a good nosey around for ideas! ☺

wintercookies1
01-10-15, 01:19 PM
The only downside I saw when I maintained a 3 star rating (4 was hard to reach, too much tipping) was lots of neighbour requests; and when I accepted them, they sent things I didn't ask for and would never use, even though my gift preferences is posted on my wall. Surely people would read your wall when your ID is posted right next to the gift preferences? I've even had one ex-neighbour send me croissant, which is right next to cappuccino, like one box over. Why would people do that?

BuddyB111
01-10-15, 05:36 PM
In the same way you find tipping takes too long, lots of people don't have the time or inclination to read walls every time they visit. After all, walls are optional as the game leaves a record on the other Message page of a player's visit.

Personally I don't find a 4 star rating hard to maintain, but dropping down to 3 stars doesn't bother me either. The gift thing isn't a problem for me as most of my neighbours know my preferences by now (I've been playing since September and have about 65 neighbours). In the main I gift like for like (unless we've arranged something else) and when I get sent something I don't want, I tip and gift in the usual way and then just decline the gift.

I always leave a comment on a neighbour's wall (copy and paste job) and have a note saying to leave a note on mine if they want tipping back. This means anyone who sends me a gift or leaves a note on my wall gets tipped. It all goes quite smoothly and quickly, but my methods might not suit everybody. I enjoy the wall banter with my neighbours too.

Even in my short time playing I've seen lots of different approaches to the game. :)

barbaraann72
01-10-15, 06:18 PM
I like to see other bakeries - so, I tip when I visit. Tipping is more important to some than others. In all 3 (RS, FS, & BS), I'm a tipper - backer. I tip if someone writes on my wall.

I've seen too many good neighbors quit because they got caught up in the "gotta tip ALL my neighbors EVERY day" grind. That is waaaay too dull and frankly a drag.

aiyoosha
01-10-15, 07:50 PM
the only reason why i tip is to keep my 4 star rating. i couldnt care less about anything else, i just have to see a 4 n a star there.

ElaineCarrel
01-11-15, 05:23 PM
Gosh I never stopped 2 really think about it. I started tipping whe I started playing the game and back then not only was it BS and RS but also FS,Pet Story, Zoo Story 2 and City Story. I eventually cut back 2 just BS and RS. I never quit and I don't plan on quitting the tipping either. It gives me a chance to look at the different places and checkout what's going on. I luv 2 c the various designs that my nbrs have going on. Its not just about the tipping but it enables me 2 play the social aspect of the game. I've made quite a few friends on the game and I enjoy our ongoing conversations.

filochick1982
01-11-15, 05:53 PM
Hate tipping. Very rarely do it, and mostly only do it for goal completion. Anyone on the forums who is a neighbour of mine knows this. I have repeatedly asked my neighbours not to tip me if they expect a tip back because I won't tip back. It's boring, it's tedious, and thank goodness not necessary. I honestly don't care if someone deletes me due to my 0 star rating. I wouldn't even know if someone deleted me. I have almost 400 neighbours.

twospoons
01-11-15, 06:37 PM
I too do it as a "since I'm there" kind of thing when I'm either conversing with my neighbors or checking out their places, which is why I try to become neighbors with people who like to decorate. I also tip back a couple times a week, just to be polite and to clear my wall a little.

wintercookies1
01-12-15, 03:53 AM
Hate tipping. Very rarely do it, and mostly only do it for goal completion. Anyone on the forums who is a neighbour of mine knows this. I have repeatedly asked my neighbours not to tip me if they expect a tip back because I won't tip back. It's boring, it's tedious, and thank goodness not necessary. I honestly don't care if someone deletes me due to my 0 star rating. I wouldn't even know if someone deleted me. I have almost 400 neighbours.

Wow, 400 neighbours! I wish I could get that many neighbours. I have under 10. T.T
Can I add you as a neighbour?

AnnasCoffee
01-12-15, 09:07 AM
I DON'T tip. I did all my expansions with coins, so I focused my game on how to earn coins in the fastest and easiest way possible. I'm a "math geek" so I did some math and found out tipping was making up about 1.5 % of my daily coin earnings. NOT worth the effort.

Some people say they tip to "help" their neighbors... I like to think I'm helping my neighbors more by NOT tipping them because then they don't feel obligated to tip me back and waste their time and mine.

Some people say they tip so their neighbors know they are playing. Did you know a player can have a 4 star rating and actually be INACTIVE... it's true.

Some people say they tip to see their neighbors designs. I prefer to visit non-neighbors and see NEW designs. You can visit without tipping.

myndisue
01-12-15, 10:54 AM
I don't tip anymore unless it's for a goal or to answer a neighbor's question. Tipping is too time consuming and boring. I used to tip and write on walls daily but I was getting burnt out. So I just stopped. I enjoy the game more now.

Natasha_07
01-12-15, 11:43 AM
I used to be 4 stars when I started playing and have been 3 stars for 1.5 years now. I find tipping to be overrated really, it's time consuming and I agree with @annascoffee that 4 stars can be inactive. I had neighbors like that for 1 year, food spoil, counters with food still but it was obvious they were inactive so I deleted them.

I don't consider 0 stars neighbors as 'bad' neither they're not all 'inactive' since they sometimes answer requests faster and gift goal parts.

I just tip to keep my rating and NOT everyday either, I don't know how people manage that.

AuntyRose32
01-12-15, 12:02 PM
I used to tip and post daily in the beginning but it got to be too much, even though I keep a very low neighbour count in all games, so I stopped tipping and I started enjoying the game much more.

So now I tip for goals and if the mood strikes me I'll silently go around and tip my neighbours. I've been neighbours with some people a very long time so I'll pop by every now and again to say hi or thank you. A lot of my neighbours play the way I do so we're all good with it.

I can tell if they're active as I receive gifts from them, they accept my material requests, help me with other goal requests and as I said I do stop by now and then so I can see how up to date they are with decorations, goals and just if they're cooking. (I like to look at community bakeries, not just my neighbours to see all the great ways people design & create)

I don't think a 3/4 star reflects that they are active or good players, if you have 4 stars and log out of your game for twelve months you will keep that 4 star rating even though you are not playing the game. Also I've had plenty of 3/4 star players gift me brownies during goal times, even though I like to receive parts and have this posted on my wall. All the while I'm gifting them goal parts and accepting their requests for parts. So it really isn't an indicator of anything to me. I'm pretty easy going about it all. I gift what my neighbours want (parts mostly/ odd foodie now and again) accept all requests, play extra during goal times etc. I don't get upset about the brownies, I just decline them.

Play whatever way makes you happy, there are a lot of players out there who will be of the same mind as you no matter what your playing style is. Happy baking everyone :)

PrairieGrass
01-12-15, 12:56 PM
1) I tip to see the creative ways people design & decorate their bakeries or restaurants. It gives me ideas for my own and I also get to see old decor, goal items or box items. Sometimes seeing a decoration, wallpaper or whatever helps me make a decision on whether I really want to buy it, since those little pictures in the design tabs are often not very useful.
2) I try to tip my 3/4 star neighbors everyday and 1/2 star once a week, and 0 star less often. I write on walls when time permits. I only have about 80 neighbors on RS and 40 on BS. I like the social aspect of tipping and learning where my neighbors are from in the world or USA. Sometimes neighbors just need a "have a good day" type message or they share jokes, or we exchange our miseries about the weather.
3)Visiting neighbors/tipping allows me to see if they are doing goals or building an appliance so I can help them by sending those parts. If I see 8 of the 2nd goal appliance out and the last recipe being made , then I stop sending goal parts.
Tipping is very time consuming, so ideally I would like a mix of neighbors who don't need tips and a few who do. I'd be happy with just 20 quality neighbors since we can only receive 20 gifts a day anyway.
My 3/4 star status isn't important to me. It fluctuates it seems based on how much I visit/tip neighbors and even visit non neighbors.

sally_brown
01-12-15, 04:43 PM
I too do it as a "since I'm there" kind of thing when I'm either conversing with my neighbors or checking out their places, which is why I try to become neighbors with people who like to decorate. I also tip back a couple times a week, just to be polite and to clear my wall a little.This is exactly how I am, with one difference. When people send me parts requests, I'll go to their bakery and tip them and send a gift. It's easier for me that way to keep track of who wants what. But even then I'm only tipping because I'm there. Other than that I might do it when I'm bored.

I don't really think tipping is worth the time when compared to the actual amount of money the person gets, so I'm not going to go out of my way to do it. I couldn't care less if my neighbors tip me.

twospoons
01-12-15, 04:48 PM
Some people say they tip to see their neighbors designs. I prefer to visit non-neighbors and see NEW designs. You can visit without tipping.

Yeah, but once you're there and looking, it takes all of 10 seconds to tip. And although I said neighbors in my post supporting this particular reason, I meant non-neighbors as well--but I find that's so hit-and-miss with actually seeing something worthwhile that I do tend to stick more to shops I know will be interesting or pretty. If it's a non-neighbor whose bakery I think is okay but not so good that I want to leave a compliment for them, dropping a couple of tips is faster than leaving a msg for me--doing nothing is for the bakeries that I don't like.

Not that there's anything wrong with not tipping, that was just my reason for doing it, which was the question.

D2Fly
01-12-15, 07:20 PM
I found it sad when I worked my tush off each week being such I tipped all an gifted all my neighbors, if I could, but many of them I never heard or saw back from.. now I tip an gift who I see the go out to peoples places I don't know an tip them to keep my rate up.. only time it gets low is when I'm sick.. lol blah..

MsBrookeNicole
01-12-15, 08:27 PM
I tip because I like having a high star rating, seeing what other people are doing with the decor, and because I feel like if they took the time to tip I should return the favor.

I tip in the mornings while having my coffee, and do it this way: Tip back from wall and newsfeed. Then if I have time, do my 3-4 star neighbors since I figure they actually care about tipping. Later that evening, I may go back and do the rest but only if I feel like it.

aiyoosha
01-12-15, 09:12 PM
I tip because I like having a high star rating, seeing what other people are doing with the decor, and because I feel like if they took the time to tip I should return the favor.

I tip in the mornings while having my coffee, and do it this way: Tip back from wall and newsfeed. Then if I have time, do my 3-4 star neighbors since I figure they actually care about tipping. Later that evening, I may go back and do the rest but only if I feel like it.
lol nice. you sound like me ;)

zava_t
01-13-15, 03:38 AM
I started tipping in the beginning because it seemed like the best way for new players to get active neighbors. I kept a 4 star rating for a long time, nearly a year, by tipping 3/4 star rated players. Every now and then, about once a month, I'd go through my list and tip everyone. This allowed me to see who had spoiled food or a low heart rating, so I could decide whether to delete them as neighbors (avoid sending out material requests, since we get so few, to people who no longer play).

Then as my level climbed, it just became habit. However, I have posted on my wall that I am working and going to school full time. I no longer have the time to tip, so if neighbors want to delete me, they can feel free to do so. My neighbors understand. Most of them are high levels anyway, and only care about gifting and material requests. Since I play every day, that isn't a problem.

filochick1982
01-13-15, 05:23 AM
I get neighbour requests almost everyday and I pretty much accept all requests as long as you're ok with how I play the game. Yes you can add me :)

Wow, 400 neighbours! I wish I could get that many neighbours. I have under 10. T.T
Can I add you as a neighbour?

wintercookies1
01-13-15, 05:32 AM
I get neighbour requests almost everyday and I pretty much accept all requests as long as you're ok with how I play the game. Yes you can add me :)

I added you on both of my accounts. :)

filochick1982
01-13-15, 05:35 AM
Accepted, neighbour!

I added you on both of my accounts. :)

AnnasCoffee
01-13-15, 08:47 AM
Yeah, but once you're there and looking, it takes all of 10 seconds to tip.

Yes, this is true. But, for me, it's not only about the amount time or effort it takes to tip. I quit because I felt like I was 'brain-washed' to tip everyday.

All you 'tippers' should try quitting, it's great. Still play your game, cook, decorate, visit your neighbors, talk to them.... just don't tip. If you try it I bet you'll like it:). You'll never go back to tipping!

AngelaM_93
01-13-15, 12:05 PM
I don't really tip that often. I try to make it once a week at least, just to see if someone quit(spoiled food) and to see other designs. I usually maintain a star 3lvl, but since I'm preparing my finals this month, I don't have time to tip so I just go in to send gifts.
I just wanted to share my expirience with the whole "star lvl" nbrs. I always send part requests to specific group of friends because I know they are the ones who will answer quickly. I just went through my friend list and I noticed that the majority of them were 0 star players. So guys not all of them are inactive, in fact most of them are great nbrs. Don't judge them because they don't tip.:D

orleansparish
01-13-15, 02:01 PM
Yes, this is true. But, for me, it's not only about the amount time or effort it takes to tip. I quit because I felt like I was 'brain-washed' to tip everyday.

All you 'tippers' should try quitting, it's great. Still play your game, cook, decorate, visit your neighbors, talk to them.... just don't tip. If you try it I bet you'll like it:). You'll never go back to tipping!

I like that line...brain washed to tip. Seems you were dragged into the cult of, tip and let me know when you tip or else! One neighbor gave me a fierce reading of the rip act when I dared to visit his shop without notifying him. As if it was a jail worthy offense to tip and gift without leaving a stamp on the wall. This was back when your visits was left on someone's newsfeed whether you tipped or not.

I deleted him and was able to play happily. I even got messages asking why I didn't send a gift. Seriously? I tip to see the pretty shops, say hello to some cool peeps, wall hop to other shops I like looking at because Theyre well designed and make me smile and because I want others to look at my shop, if I deem it worthy of those same smiles. I've too much going on to let invisible faces from a game bother me.

Especially if you're above level 50. Dude, you can cook your own food and make your OWN money. I'm at max level, with numerous box items, I also have a decorated shop, but even if found myself selling old tabled and useless box items to make coins. Three weeks ago I was just under 30,000 coins. I didn't ask anyone to send me food or tip me. I just stopped cooking, kept visiting to see the holiday shops and let my coins build.

That is what makes the game fun. Tipping is a bonus. Shouldn't be a requirement. Unless it's for a goal. And even then I visit those 15 shops while huffing and puffing like a 5 year old!

LightAndLove83
01-13-15, 03:04 PM
I respect others right to play the game in any fashion they see fit, since this is not a one rule fits all game. I feel though, until Team Lava gets smart and implements a way for us to know who has and hasn't visited our bakery, tipping and posting are the only real two ways to know for sure, unless you have a conversation with a certain neighbor on any given day. I totally agree that tipping is tedious and boring, but I take into consideration the fact that if I'm unable to gift a neighbor because they are full, tipping is my last option. Some ppl just don't seem to understand that while yes, the game is suppose to be fun, and making friends is a bonus to the game, we have neighbors for a reason, otherwise, why have them. To me, every penny counts! So I prefer to tip, though strangely, I don't make too much of a fuss if people miss tipping me. lol! I once had 150 neighbors, before I knew better. That's 18,000 in coins, if everyone tipped. Thats a lot more then you think with a morning bonus and whatever you earn from food...that can bring you to 150,000 or more, a day. So tipping DOES COUNT.

LightAndLove83
01-13-15, 03:07 PM
I might add that if you are cooking RVC a lot...it could bring you close to 300,000 a day...had that happen a time or two. o_O

LavaRain8
01-13-15, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I mostly just tip to stay 4 star rating, since it at least shows that I am absolutely still active if I don't have empty appliances and/or spoiled food, which rarely happens. I just see it as you will probably have a much higher likelihood of being deleted if you drop to 0, since some people actually go by just that when choosing who to remove, unless they already knew going in that you wouldn't be a tipper and will probably stay at 0. If you have a core set of neighbors that you've had for a while that doesn't care, then I suppose it's a good idea to not worry about doing so anymore. I don't get THAT many requests anymore like I used to, even around goal time (luckily! used to be a nightmare keeping tables clear from community tippers). Just the random tipx3 message or something.

I don't post on everyone's wall if I manage to get a gift through in the mass gifting I do each morning after requests, as I will eventually go back and tip later, though I have stopped tipping people who's rating is 1 or 0 though, to save time. If I can't get a gift though, I will stop by and try to tip and let them know that I did and that they were maxed, so that they know that I did attempt that day. So if I can tip while I'm going to be leaving you a message anyway, then why not. 120 coins is not that far off from those pitiful plates of brownies that some people like to send, so better than nothing I suppose. :cool:

AnnasCoffee
01-13-15, 05:52 PM
I respect others right to play the game in any fashion they see fit

Absolutly ! Me too :). So this post is for conversation reasons, I hope I don't come across as rude :)

until Team Lava gets smart and implements a way for us to know who has and hasn't visited our bakery, tipping and posting are the only real two ways to know for sure,

I'm okay with not knowing whether my neighbors visit me or not:). Do you want to know so you can tell if they are active or inactive?

I totally agree that tipping is tedious and boring, Yep ;) me too.

but I take into consideration the fact that if I'm unable to gift a neighbor because they are full, tipping is my last option.

Last option, or what? I usually have between 80 - 100 neighbors. I don't expect daily gifts from anyone, then if someone doesn't play if doesn't matter.

Some ppl just don't seem to understand that while yes, the game is suppose to be fun, and making friends is a bonus to the game, we have neighbors for a reason, otherwise, why have them.

Parts. You need neighbors (or gems) for parts. I'm not using gems for parts. My neighbors send me parts, I send them parts.

I once had 150 neighbors, before I knew better. That's 18,000 in coins, if everyone tipped. Thats a lot more then you think with a morning bonus and whatever you earn from food...that can bring you to 150,000 or more, a day. So tipping DOES COUNT.

I totally disagree with you here. I think these numbers are completely un-realistic and misleading. Below is some math (WARNING ... stop reading if you don't like math or don't care !)

To get 18,000 coins from tipping you would need 225 tables AND you would need to clear them 4 times a day. Plus you would need 150 tipping neighbors, who would likely expect tips in return. That would take an hour or two. Oh and... the 150 people would have to be coordinated to tip at different times (not all at once).

I doubt anyone has 150 neighbors who tip daily. I would guess, at MOST, people get tips from 40 or 50 neighbors. If you have 40 neighbors return tips everyday you would get 4,800 coins. And I bet most players get much less than that.

Other ways to make coins are faster and easier....
You can cook Earl Grey Tea and make about 180,000 coins everyday. It takes about 5 minutes of your time to cook it. The daily bonus is an average of 55,000 coins... NO effort!

And you don't need to rely on 150 other people. Remember above where you said tipping was tedious and boring. When you tip, it's not just you... you expect 150 other people to give an hour or two of their free time too. For a small number of coins. So, who are the "good" neighbors ?...I say it's the non-tippers.

Not meant to be rude, just some thoughts :)

sally_brown
01-13-15, 08:19 PM
I totally agree, AnnasCoffee. You'd either have to be clearing tables multiple times a day...or have 900 tables. Additionally, I don't know how much other people have in the bank, but I have over 8,000,000 coins and the number keeps growing. Even if I did get 18,000 a day in tips, it's not really a significant amount when compared with how much money I already have. So while I don't have a problem with other people tipping me or anything like that, it isn't really helping me any. Which is why if I do feel inclined to tip on those days I'm bored, then I try to tip lower level people who can probably use the money.

I don't begrudge people who use tips/wall posts to keep track who is an active player, but it's not my style of play to insist my neighbors do anything. Heck, I don't even insist they respond to my gift requests. I can ask the neighbors I know will respond.

minidemon88
01-14-15, 04:07 AM
I used to be a daily tipper when I first started playing back then and I like to maintain my 3 stars rating. But after playing the games for years. I find it a chore to tips daily and there's not much benefit from tipping since all you get is a small amount of coins only. Also the stars rating doesn't indicate if you're active or not. One can quit the game for months/years but still maintain their 3/4 stars rating without logging in to the game. Their rating will drop to a 0 till they login back to the game. And 0-1 star rating player can be a active or non active player too. Not all 0-1 star players are bad. So I stopped tipping few years back and don't bother about the star rating anymore. I only tips when the goals requested it. And guessed what? The feeling of not tipping daily is.... simply awesome! :D So heck with the tipping or star rating. You'll enjoy the game much more this way. Play stress-free!

LavaRain8
01-14-15, 07:49 AM
I used to be a daily tipper when I first started playing back then and I like to maintain my 3 stars rating. But after playing the games for years. I find it a chore to tips daily and there's not much benefit from tipping since all you get is a small amount of coins only. Also the stars rating doesn't indicate if you're active or not. One can quit the game for months/years but still maintain their 3/4 stars rating without logging in to the game. Their rating will drop to a 0 till they login back to the game. And 0-1 star rating player can be a active or non active player too. Not all 0-1 star players are bad. So I stopped tipping few years back and don't bother about the star rating anymore. I only tips when the goals requested it. And guessed what? The feeling of not tipping daily is.... simply awesome! :D So heck with the tipping or star rating. You'll enjoy the game much more this way. Play stress-free!

Yeah, I know that it stays the same, but some people don't even bother looking to see if there are things cooking and just remove 0 players. I don't do that, but I've seen it being commented on quite a bit on walls and here. Also, if you stop cooking for a bit to sell out of crowded counters, the 0 stars could look bad then too.

It's fine either way, as you can find new neighbors, but seeing as how not all players know about the star rating thing, tipping/visiting is just a way to show that I am active and attempting to gift them and tipping while I'm there. I don't mind if they do as I keep track of activity by looking at appliances, decor, gifts, etc. So tipping not important for my neighbors to me, but I tip them just for my own peace of mind.

lauraleighashby
01-14-15, 10:48 AM
I can't say that I am a huge fan of the star rating...seems to be a poor indicator of "neighbour quality". I am a four star but have a good number of one and zero star neighbours... I also have removed some four star active neighbours because they never even bothered responding to requests... Or I would post to them that I needed gears or knobs,etc., and every day get brownies. And like others have said, I have zero star players that respond immediately to requests. Really the only reason I remove neighbours is because they are obviously inactive or...they never respond at all to anything.
I guess the reason I do tip is it gives me some sort of feeling of accomplishment when I get to the end...although with almost 200 neighbours in both RS and BS...am trying to come up with some efficient method...ideas are welcome...lol

lbakecakesl
01-14-15, 01:05 PM
I've gotten brownies and croissants from 4 star neighbors. Some people see having neighbors as a popularity contest, while others prefer neighbors that respond to requests in a timely fashion. Personally, I keep 4 stars because I have enough neighbors who respond to requests. At the same time, plenty of my neighbors are below 3 stars but they also happen to be neighbors who respond to my requests. The star system is helpful to find quality neighbors, but that isn't the only factor.

BuddyB111
01-14-15, 01:44 PM
If I get a neighbour apologising for not tipping the previous day or something like that, I tell them I don't expect my neighbours to tip daily, I just want them to play regularly. I do expect gifts on a daily basis because I want the stock, but don't bust a gut about this because I have around 65 neighbours and easily get my 20 a day. It does bug me when an experienced player sends me a rubbish gift like brownies.

I do visit all my neighbours now and then to see if they are still active and that's when I think about deleting them. I have neighbours with star ratings from 0-4 and I'm fine with the zero star neighbours if they respond to parts request. I so agree the star rating is not an indicator of quality.

I don't like playing with neighbours who accept tips and gifts, but don't give anything back in return because it doesn't feel fair to me. Unless I am doing one of my 'neighbourhood checks' and visiting every neighbour, I only tip and gift neighbours who send me a gift or leave a message on my wall. This seems to work well for me and my neighbours and I'm happy enough with that level of effort. It might sound daft, but I hate seeing spoiled food on my visits, so that place will stick in my mind for the next visit.

Quite a lot of my tables are there just for tips and not accessible by customers, but I don't want to go down the line of having huge blocks of tables for tipping. Playing with the design is one of the best bits of these games and that approach defeats the object for me.

twospoons
01-20-15, 03:45 AM
And you don't need to rely on 150 other people. Remember above where you said tipping was tedious and boring. When you tip, it's not just you... you expect 150 other people to give an hour or two of their free time too. For a small number of coins. So, who are the "good" neighbors ?...I say it's the non-tippers.

Not meant to be rude, just some thoughts :)

For some of us (obviously, not all) tipping others and expecting others to tip you are not the same thing at all. I have no problems with people who don't tip back! And hopefully my 2 neighbors who tip me daily don't mind terribly that I only tip them a couple times a week.

And you're not at all rude! I like talking to people I disagree with. It's fun. :)

Three weeks ago I was just under 30,000 coins.

yikes. that would drive me nuts.

patzycorona
02-17-15, 03:16 AM
Tipping and keeping a high star level gives your neighbors an idea of how often you are playing. I wish there was more of a "last logged on" type of feature instead, because it's very difficult to tip enough every day to keep a high star level, especially when life gets busy. There are only so many "tipped you" notifications and unless you write on walls for each neighbor, daily, there is no way to tell who is active and who's not. TL really needs to address this problem. I feel bad getting rid of 0 star players, but I just assume they aren't playing and won't gift me or accept requests, which makes it difficult for goals and building ovens. I have maybe 35 neighbors right now, if that, and it's still impossible to remember who gifted me and who didn't unless I were to write it down or screenshot it every day, each time I logged into the game. Very tedious, I just don't have the time for that unfortunately.

omg your totally righ team lava should fix disz problem bcusz is really frustrating to have nrighboords dat are not active w 0 stars but ur not sure if der active or dey just not playing no more nd i alwaysz delet neighboord w 0 stars 2 bcusz for me da means der not playing no more nd der not active but den i feel bad md i think datsz da reason that i have 325 neighboords :O datss alot righ haha im just so nice in disz game dat i cant say no to no body hahaha but i alwaysz try to delete so many meighboord nd i still have alot so bye bye to 0 stars ppl

patzycorona
02-17-15, 03:29 AM
i think tipping can help u to see whos actice or not bcusz if u dont go to ur neighboords bakerys to tip u will never know if der still playing. imean why? do u wanna occupye room in ur neighboord list w neighboord dat dont play no more..so letsz tip 2 see whsz not playing or whos just der wasting room in our list of neighboords (: ..my opinios.. everybody play nd think different nd i respect dat (:

ladybolt
02-18-15, 04:56 PM
I don't tip either. It is a total time suck. I send parts and fill requests regularly. If I need to complete a goal or just want to look around, I'll tip. I don't get bent out of shape if I don't get tips.

t4aft
02-19-15, 03:46 AM
I Think tipping needs updating and would suggest to TL to change it from 6 tips to just 1 but up the value to be the same it currently is a very tedious task and repetitive with all that double tapping and revisiting if full it causes problems with I will only visit you if you visit me syndrome! Add in leaving a message to say you have called more tapping and again repeated when you have called by 6 times and eventually managed to leave tips its a wonder that people are starting to getting repetitive strained fingers lol
A message that can remain on the top has been on my priority list for 4 years so you can inform neighbours if you are away, sick, non tipper, food or parts person or as I do play only Monday - Friday tip once a day only if Full I will call by the next Day! And I prefer food as a gift I can sell and them! I only gift parts when goals are on and if I need more I can request them thank you, I only build a max of 5 machines which is adequate to complete the goal in a week I am not desperate to complete it in a few days! I keep only 25 neighbours any more is pointless as I can only receive 20 gifts per day and I do not like it that I cannot always gift my neighbours as the are full 5 mins after TL day change and worse that this occurs when I'm asleep im my country!!!

patzycorona
02-20-15, 11:32 PM
I agree with this answer. At the start it's about building a neighbourhood to help with raising money through tips and gifts. Later it's about maintaining good relationships to make playing the game easier and more enjoyable, especially between goals.

But one of the best reasons is to see other bakery designs and new goal items in situ! I love a good nosey around for ideas! ☺

omg me 2 i enjoy looking around desigh nd dey give me idea sometimes in some bakerys (:

patzycorona
02-21-15, 01:25 AM

t4aft
02-21-15, 05:52 PM
I'm currently only adding 0 star active non tippers who gift food and accept requests particularly during goals and are intrested in designing attractive bakeries that have only enough tables for the little people to eat at! You will be most welcome :)

sally_brown
02-21-15, 10:19 PM
I'm currently only adding 0 star active non tippers who gift food and accept requests particularly during goals and are intrested in designing attractive bakeries that have only enough tables for the little people to eat at! You will be most welcome :)Ha! I, too, prefer to keep just enough tables for the little people!

filochick1982
02-22-15, 12:43 AM
Oh yes! Those bakeries with a million tables for tips make my eyes sore.

I'm currently only adding 0 star active non tippers who gift food and accept requests particularly during goals and are intrested in designing attractive bakeries that have only enough tables for the little people to eat at! You will be most welcome :)

Natasha_07
02-22-15, 09:59 AM
Gosh I really hate seeing bakeries with hundreds of tables, my norm used to be 24 or less but when decide to do feeding pen design it looked like a few customers were missing food, so I keep 30 tables to 30 chairs max.

The rest of space is purely for decorating purposes. :)

Natasha_07
02-22-15, 10:01 AM
BTW TL should implement a last played feature and drop the whole star rating as sole way to know if people are active although it's not always the case, as some can have a 3-4 rating and be inactive.

sally_brown
02-22-15, 10:16 AM
And you can have a 0 star rating and be a daily player.

I don't know how people can tip so much. As an experiment, I tried to see if I could make it up to 4 stars, by tipping until slightly after I got tired of tipping every day. I made it up to about 3.5 stars, but then after one or two days being too busy to play at all really, I was back down to 2.5 stars. I usually hover around 2-3 stars because of how I gift (I tip when I gift parts that people request, unless I know people hate tips), but attaining and keeping 4 stars? No thank you.

rocketsmama
02-22-15, 09:16 PM
And you can have a 0 star rating and be a daily player.

I don't know how people can tip so much. As an experiment, I tried to see if I could make it up to 4 stars, by tipping until slightly after I got tired of tipping every day. I made it up to about 3.5 stars, but then after one or two days being too busy to play at all really, I was back down to 2.5 stars. I usually hover around 2-3 stars because of how I gift (I tip when I gift parts that people request, unless I know people hate tips), but attaining and keeping 4 stars? No thank you.
I don't find it that hard to tip. But, I'm also not going to stress out about it if I don't get to everyone. I keep my neighbors kinda low and only tip my 3-4 star neighbors, unless someone tips me then I will tip back. No biggie. Have fun and enjoy the game. Either you tip or you don't ;)

PrairieGrass
02-23-15, 04:42 PM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but tipping does result in drop down items for collectibles which can result in 10,000 or 15,000 coin prizes. Yes that's minimal when one considers how much can be earned just with cooking and serving food, but it's still an extra beyond the individual tipping coins and xp points.

BuddyB111
02-23-15, 05:09 PM
I'd forgotten about that and just wanted to add you get gems from the collectibles. The 1-4 scale works in the same way as recipes.