PDA

View Full Version : Closing Restaurant

Army8184
01-09-15, 04:23 PM
How do you close the restaurant to cook items to restock? I put a table in front of the door and when I go back in I have made some money!

ghjvcucjb
01-09-15, 04:30 PM
You make money no matter what (excluding glitches) as long as you have food made. I don't get the blocked door thing at all. If you're going to bed for 8 hours and you have enough food for 1 hour after 1 hour the food is gone whether the door is blocked or not. You don't make more money or less money. You make the same amount of money for the same amount of food. And who cares if some customers come in when your not around or the food is gone. It's not like you get penalized for it.

Army8184
01-09-15, 04:43 PM
I used to play another restaurant game where you could block the door. If the customers weren't getting food your rating went down. Thanks for the info. I've only been playing for about a week!

ghjvcucjb
01-09-15, 05:42 PM
I used to play another restaurant game where you could block the door. If the customers weren't getting food your rating went down. Thanks for the info. I've only been playing for about a week!

Really? That's kind of uncool. How are players suppose to maintain food forever on their tables? What would happen if your rating when down?

Army8184
01-09-15, 06:46 PM
I can't really remember, but the game was []

nancydrew88
01-09-15, 10:54 PM
This game isn't like that. Customers can't leave a bad rating just because there's no more food or seats.

Army8184
01-10-15, 08:21 AM
Thank you!

Morichinatsu
01-11-15, 06:16 PM
I have a sign I put in front of the door and I move the tables away from the chairs so that nobody can come in - I won't be upset if I miss a worker while I'm cooking - and when I close the game, people won't eat up all of my food. Then I can just make a whole bunch of food and sit here on the weekends watching for workers.

dalexxx
01-11-15, 10:35 PM

The first restaurant story allows the blocking of the door thing. Thats how i was able to stack up 100,000 stews or so. And lotsa other items too. I dont play it anyway just stacking foods up ::3

dalexxx
01-11-15, 10:38 PM
Btw i just tried to go edit mode and blocked the door with a counter, i dont see customers visiting my shop anymore. But i earned coins, let mee see if i will lose the food later on. ::3

biofarm03
01-12-15, 10:03 AM
if you put the reception stuff- boy somewhere the guests cannot reach him, you don't sell food if you are away, but if you are playing, everything is normal and the guests go directly to the chairs.

Army8184
01-12-15, 02:50 PM
I tried turning him around but the customers just lined up behind him. What do you mean?

ghjvcucjb
01-12-15, 02:54 PM
I have a sign I put in front of the door and I move the tables away from the chairs so that nobody can come in - I won't be upset if I miss a worker while I'm cooking - and when I close the game, people won't eat up all of my food. Then I can just make a whole bunch of food and sit here on the weekends watching for workers.

CID the construction guy will appear within a few minutes of you opening the game if you've been gone for more than a half an hour. If you don't have any food he'll leave but will return right away and will keep doing so until you collect from him. Then the clock resets and it'll be another half an hour or so until he returns again.

It still makes no sense to me why anyone is blocking doors and trying to stop their food from selling.

biofarm03
01-13-15, 02:58 AM
I tried turning him around but the customers just lined up behind him. What do you mean?

put him somewhere the customers cannot reach him, also not from behind.
I put him near a wall with tables and oven around

CajunHouse
01-13-15, 01:29 PM
Been playing RS, BS, for close to 6 yrs. I have always been able to block the doors so food could build up.
Now I block the doors and food just continues to disappear! You're rating falls due to angry customers
Bcause of no food, NOT due to nbrs giving you a low rating. When you have a low rating, some nbrs will
delete You or new nbrs won't accept you, unless you are at least a 3/4 star rating. I'm definitely not happy
abt this. I spend a stupid amt of money on these games, I'll just have to stop doing that. We all have real
lives and some times we just need to be able to control when we stop customers from coming in while
we build up our food.

orleansparish
01-13-15, 01:48 PM
Been playing RS, BS, for close to 6 yrs. I have always been able to block the doors so food could build up.
Now I block the doors and food just continues to disappear! You're rating falls due to angry customers
Bcause of no food, NOT due to nbrs giving you a low rating. When you have a low rating, some nbrs will
delete You or new nbrs won't accept you, unless you are at least a 3/4 star rating. I'm definitely not happy
abt this. I spend a stupid amt of money on these games, I'll just have to stop doing that. We all have real
lives and some times we just need to be able to control when we stop customers from coming in while
we build up our food.

You have to ignore those neighbors and realize people unhappy in real life will spread their non cheer into the game. On fashion I have a 4 star rating but a new neighbor deleted me for visiting and not posting to her wall. Huh? Hahaha. Stupid! I keep it moving.

Now on these games off things happen. Maybe you can put some tables around the door to let the bots come in but they won't be able to sit? With the old version I just went into the game, served the food and started more cooking. I never noticed the rating going down when I'm not signed in. But I also didn't care about the rating and when the new goals popped up, along with the new format I stopped playing.

Hopefully one of the pieces of advice helps you.

kooky panda
01-13-15, 03:59 PM
I think with all the glitches that happened on the original game when people blocked the door which was not part of the design of the game, this time, you should not have to
do this since your customers do not lose any happiness when there is no food .

I am making a lot of money just going in my game every few hours making food. If it sells out when I am gone, there is no penalty.

I actually like this change where you do not have to worry about the happiness of your customers.

Even If I am out of food, when I come in, I usually have some customers hanging around.

Note: Your rating (stars) is how much you visit and tip others, not if your restaurant is out of food.

Mike4188
01-18-15, 11:40 AM
yes, you can block the door and build up your food if you wish...you have to take your cashier and block the door, cashier needs to be facing the door though and all the way up against it. It does work!
we build up our food.

mcmug17
01-18-15, 11:58 AM
I don't understand why one feels the need to close the restaurant temporarily? Am I missing something?

ghjvcucjb
01-18-15, 05:33 PM
I don't understand why one feels the need to close the restaurant temporarily? Am I missing something?

I've asked this a zillion time with no logical response. What I can see by the responses is that these people are use to playing other games where they needed to block customers or their ratings would go down. And although it's been said a zillion time that this game doesn't work that way, some people still think they need to be playing by the same rules as those other games. Old habits I guess.

Someone else mention because they're afraid they'll miss a part from CID the construction guy if all their food is gone when he comes in but it's been pointed out by several people (me included) that 1. If you haven't collected from CID, he'll be back in a minute if not seconds until you do collect from him (then it's a 30 min wait) 2. That if you have food cooking, which doesn't expire or go bad in this game, then the second you open your game you instantly can refill all empty counters.

Our restaurants are located in good neighborhoods and no one is rioting and looting so blocking all entry into your restaurant is unnecessary.

WinnyWoos
01-18-15, 08:02 PM
I've asked this a zillion time with no logical response. What I can see by the responses is that these people are use to playing other games where they needed to block customers or their ratings would go down. And although it's been said a zillion time that this game doesn't work that way, some people still think they need to be playing by the same rules as those other games. Old habits I guess.

Someone else mention because they're afraid they'll miss a part from CID the construction guy if all their food is gone when he comes in but it's been pointed out by several people (me included) that 1. If you haven't collected from CID, he'll be back in a minute if not seconds until you do collect from him (then it's a 30 min wait) 2. That if you have food cooking, which doesn't expire or go bad in this game, then the second you open your game you instantly can refill all empty counters.

Our restaurants are located in good neighborhoods and no one is rioting and looting so blocking all entry into your restaurant is unnecessary.

I've been soooo confused about the whole blocking off the door thing in THIS game. I get the reasoning on the OTHER game but as you've said you don't have a rating based on customers in RS2 so I'm just as clueless as you as to why people are still asking how to do so. I'm puzzled every time I see one with their doors blocked or whatever while doing visits, I just don't get it.

I cook while I'm playing the game so I'm constantly popping food out while playing. And when I log off for the night I put on dished that take longer to cook so I'll have plenty to keep them fed when I return to the game in the morning. So I'm curious why people do this; honestly I'd love to hear their reasoning just out of curiosity!

mcmug17
01-18-15, 09:48 PM
I cook while I'm playing the game so I'm constantly popping food out while playing. And when I log off for the night I put on dished that take longer to cook so I'll have plenty to keep them fed when I return to the game in the morning.

Same here...

CID and Lily literally are waiting in line to come in within the first min after I open the game after being away for a long time. If for some reason they don't get fed (ran out of seats or not serving food fast enough) they come back in line almost immediately.

Mike4188
01-20-15, 09:57 AM
well, speaking for myself, I realize the food does not go bad, I don't have to worry about ratings and am well aware if I miss cid he will continue returning till I collect from him. I caregive for my 82 year grandfather among many other things and only really have time in the mornings to play, so I am trying to stack food so I feel I don't have to babysit the game...I just don't have time for that. It truly is just a preference that's what makes this game interesting, each player can choose how they build up the restaurant. Some upgrade the garden some open the market some upgrade the pantry vs buying market slots. ....:)
I've been soooo confused about the whole blocking off the door thing in THIS game. I get the reasoning on the OTHER game but as you've said you don't have a rating based on customers in RS2 so I'm just as clueless as you as to why people are still asking how to do so. I'm puzzled every time I see one with their doors blocked or whatever while doing visits, I just don't get it.

I cook while I'm playing the game so I'm constantly popping food out while playing. And when I log off for the night I put on dished that take longer to cook so I'll have plenty to keep them fed when I return to the game in the morning. So I'm curious why people do this; honestly I'd love to hear their reasoning just out of curiosity!

WinnyWoos
01-20-15, 01:51 PM
well, speaking for myself, I realize the food does not go bad, I don't have to worry about ratings and am well aware if I miss cid he will continue returning till I collect from him. I caregive for my 82 year grandfather among many other things and only really have time in the mornings to play, so I am trying to stack food so I feel I don't have to babysit the game...I just don't have time for that. It truly is just a preference that's what makes this game interesting, each player can choose how they build up the restaurant. Some upgrade the garden some open the market some upgrade the pantry vs buying market slots. ....:)

Yes of course; like I said I was just curious to hear reasons for it (in case I'm missing something, LOL) :D

And as much as I enjoy reading how others play the game and what they upgrade first/cook, I realize that it would be hard for any two people to have the strategies considering it all depends on how often one is able to play and/or check in the game etc. But it's still fun reading about it:)