PDA

View Full Version : Gem warnings... PLEASE.

YURTIE
01-09-15, 08:27 AM
When I'm buying ingredients sometimes (happened 4 times already) I bought ingredients that needed "gems" to be able to be brought faster and I accidentally buy them! This is EXTREMELY annoying considering I lost 8 gems because there wasn't a warning asking to buy it like every other thing.

FrozenTurtle
01-09-15, 11:23 AM
Sorry about that! Please email support@teamlava.com for any concerns related to your in-game gem exchanges.

ghabra
01-09-15, 11:40 AM
This is a very very common problem in all team lava games. and it is too easy to fix. JUST make a confirmation message to protect our gems. OR allow a system of lock or secure to the gems so that no gems could be spent by accident unless the gems bank is unlocked.

WinnyWoos
01-09-15, 06:41 PM
Those are what you call "gem traps" and they will more than likely never be fixed. Players have been begging TL for a long time in nearly all their games (at least the ones I've played) and still no fix to this problem.

nancydrew88
01-10-15, 02:39 AM
I agree with everyone. The only solution is to be conscious of what you tap on. I've numerously tapped on gem-valued stuff in TL games when I didn't mean to. It happens when I tap too quickly. Now I learn to tap more consciously. Sounds funny but true lol.

Mike4188
01-18-15, 12:49 PM
haha... agreed, wish there was a confirm button. My dog hit my arm and now I have no gems but I do have a stupid little coin operated airplane in the first rs...yay, I couldn't even find what had been bought until I see this little plane in my storage for 20 something gems...I was like, ARE YOU SERIOUS! I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT. Same as above though, several times I have accidentally tapped gems for ingredients , boooooo.

tiggerhobbes
01-19-15, 08:06 AM
Are there any users who find they have no issues with gem traps in this game?

I'm asking because I started out playing on two devices, on my ipad gems just flew off and I didn't even notice. I would raise gem to 60's and suddenly back down to 20. I'll collect ingredients and it's ready to collect again immediately -- I had to double check to deduce i must have lost gems collecting ingredients, there wasn't any notification of gem flying off graphics, I never even caught myself clicking in the act. I quit my RS2 on that device.

On my phone I have never had that problem, since I started the game on both devices at the same time I really noticed the difference. In my iphone game app, when I finish collecting all the available ingredients, the collection area becomes greyed out and there is a short pause before the 'speed with gem' purple bar appear. That way even though I kept tapping through momentum the greyout/ pause prevented me from spending gem. I really had to deliberately pause and wait and then tap again to be able to spend gem.

Social experiment @ TL?

I wonder if they are doing some experiment to compare user response to gem trap and see how fast they lose players depending on how aggressively they gem-trap you ......

WinnyWoos
01-19-15, 11:14 AM
Ugh I got caught up by one last night and Im so upset!!! I was literally one away from having enough gems to buy 3 expansion papers cause Cid NEVER drops those for me but of course before I knew it, 9 gems gone from accidentally hitting the speed up button on cucumbers (REALLY?!?! CUCUMBERS!!!?) which I had plenty already:( Things like that make me never wanna buy gems again and Ill be mad over that for a while so if they hoped that little trap would get me to buy gems.....think again. I just closed the game and didn't open it again for the rest of the night.

Mike4188
01-20-15, 09:34 AM
same problem for me on I pad...especially in original rs...for instance, I had 14 wallpapers in storage, ones that are not available I might add and as I was applying the wallpapers all the sudden it says I am out of gems and I need more for this blah blah blah. So I literally unknowingly just spent them all on old old wallpaper that i shouldn't even have been able to purchase. In rs2 I log out with say 60 gems come back to them being gone, the only reason I havnt complained is because they seem to show back up if I log out for a couple minutes and then back in. I really want to keep the game but seems there are a lot of bugs to work out.
Are there any users who find they have no issues with gem traps in this game?

I'm asking because I started out playing on two devices, on my ipad gems just flew off and I didn't even notice. I would raise gem to 60's and suddenly back down to 20. I'll collect ingredients and it's ready to collect again immediately -- I had to double check to deduce i must have lost gems collecting ingredients, there wasn't any notification of gem flying off graphics, I never even caught myself clicking in the act. I quit my RS2 on that device.

On my phone I have never had that problem, since I started the game on both devices at the same time I really noticed the difference. In my iphone game app, when I finish collecting all the available ingredients, the collection area becomes greyed out and there is a short pause before the 'speed with gem' purple bar appear. That way even though I kept tapping through momentum the greyout/ pause prevented me from spending gem. I really had to deliberately pause and wait and then tap again to be able to spend gem.

Social experiment @ TL?

I wonder if they are doing some experiment to compare user response to gem trap and see how fast they lose players depending on how aggressively they gem-trap you ......

WinnyWoos
01-20-15, 01:37 PM
same problem for me on I pad...especially in original rs...for instance, I had 14 wallpapers in storage, ones that are not available I might add and as I was applying the wallpapers all the sudden it says I am out of gems and I need more for this blah blah blah. So I literally unknowingly just spent them all on old old wallpaper that i shouldn't even have been able to purchase. In rs2 I log out with say 60 gems come back to them being gone, the only reason I havnt complained is because they seem to show back up if I log out for a couple minutes and then back in. I really want to keep the game but seems there are a lot of bugs to work out.

Omg, your gems just disappear?! That's so strange! At least they show back up I guess but still that's not cool. Agreeed on wanting to continue to play since I've already grown fond of it but it seems like the higher up I get, the more bugs I gain. I hope it's just a coincidence and that they get them fixed so I can continue to play. Otherwise, I'll have to stop since the point of these games are for enjoyment, not frustration.

Also, just to be clear, are you guys saying that it's not as bad playing for your phone vs iPad? Cause I only play this game on my iPad and if that's the case, I need to switch...ekk

schnute612
01-23-15, 08:42 AM
It does work in Hay Day and this is a very common game too. I don't understand why teamlava could not install such a confirmation.

threepwood14
01-24-15, 07:22 PM
Gem traps are basically buttons that cost gems (that consist of "Speed up" buttons on timers, "Skip" buttons on quests or "Buy / Buy all" buttons on purchases) which give no confirmation check when pressed.
This means that it fails to ask "Are you sure?" when pressed on, in addition these buttons can appear when not expected and in some cases can be quite big like on "Skip" in some quests. They can also appear where other normal buttons exist like in the stores, so normal purchasing buttons where you spend coins are swapped with gem trap buttons in exactly the same place.

Now the problem is when you accidentally press these buttons and lose valuable gems when you didn't mean to. Normally this wouldn't be a problem however Team Lava apparently see it fit to enforce a "No Refunds" policy on most cases of accidental purchases, if not all cases.

It is not just Restaurant Story 2 where this "Gem Trap" button method has existed, some people say it's almost every Team Lava game. Whether it's intentional or not, something must be done to correct the issue.

All that we're asking is a function that says "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" with a button saying "Yes" and a button saying "No" if a button is pressed that means spending Gems.
That is not hard to implement, so why isn't it being done?

I think to be fair, Team Lava may not be aware of these Gem Traps, lets make this petition big enough to get their attention and see if they care about their customers.

pocopicasso
01-24-15, 08:05 PM
I agree and feel it should be fair. The way it is set up now, Team Lava is making an exorbitant amount of money and not treating/refunding/helping players to recap items/gems, etc. that are "lost" or simply not even given to them during quests, etc.
Your games are fun TL, but you need to play fair.

threepwood14
01-27-15, 07:32 PM
I'm hearing a lot of complaints circulating around my group of friends who have all lost gems due to accidental purchase of spending.

It appears after exploring this forum that the problem is not only an old one, but also the problem persists in even the newest games. Most notable Restaurant Story 2!
Now it seems my petition has been deleted on this forum, I am curious what suspicious game is Team Lava trying pull on us loyal customers?

Are Team Lava even aware of this problem or are they trying to con us with a very obvious tricks to steal gems or indirectly our money if we've bought the gems?
All that is needed is a simple "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" That's all that is needed.

Could Team Lava please confirm if this problem is known about and is there any planned update "on their list of things to do" to implement such a security feature?

Please do not delete this post, I have a lot of influence over some of your customers and they're not liking what they're hearing so far.

tiggerhobbes
01-28-15, 09:41 PM
I think they have different versions of the game released to test player response, others have noted their in game graphics are different, for example. I bet they also have different pricing and special offers to different players to gather data and see what are people willing to spend and what would be frustrating enough for players to quit. I doubt it's device-specific.

haimesy1980
01-29-15, 01:44 PM
Im on level 30 and its only happeded a couple of times on my iPhone usually when i accidentally tap on a dwelling twice it uses gems to finish collection quicker, but on farm story in the mine I bought tools that cost 8 each and 5 gone in 5 seconds really frustrating!!

Rockinkitten
02-02-15, 02:28 AM
There will never be a confirm button, we just have to live with it. I get around the problem (sort of) by spending my gems on parts as soon as I have enough gems for one part. That way I never lose more than a few.

cquinn32
02-02-15, 09:30 AM
These "traps" are widespread throught all of their games and nothing will ever be done about it.

Iconoclast1919
08-24-15, 11:43 PM
I'm so sick to death of losing gems because I accidentally click on a refresh for an ingredient in a shop, or accidentally touch the button to finish cooking food, or to serve food. Or sometimes, I've been carrying my phone and it happens. This is such a ripoff! I would NEVER spend 30 gems to refresh lobster. I just touched my seafood shop and when it opened, it refreshed the lobster and 30 gems GONE. It takes me forever to get those 30 gems. I bought gems before and then accidentally clicked on a button during a cruise and it was like 250 gems GONE!

This must be a scam to make you lose gems so you have to buy more, because there is absolutely no reason to not have a confirmation that you are actually wanting to spend the gems!

How hard is it to have a box pop up when you are trying to spend gems where you have to click Yes you are meaning to spend them???

I know how often it happens to me so I know it's happening to many others and would love to hear from you all. If S8 doesn't hear from us, they won't change it.

S8, please respond to this and explain to me why there isn't a confirmation before spending those precious hard to come by gems?

konxita
08-30-15, 07:44 AM
I second that! I've bought wall paper by mistake, and refreshed things and finished dishes, all by mistake. I'm not buying gems again until there is a confirmation message. Half of my gems were spent by mistake. So, if this is to make us buy more gems, is not working. I've spent money once, I'm not doing it again.

CarterB22
09-17-15, 10:17 AM
Yes, yes, yes! RS2 needs to have a confirmation button before spending gems!! Very discouraging, which means I'm more likely to quit, which won't gain Storm 8 anything....

Malabie
09-29-15, 06:43 AM
I'm doing the catering event now and just happened to lose 60 gems by accident.

You know when the game "hiccups" a bit? Like when you're playing and all of a sudden it freezes for a few seconds, and then the game reverts to how it was a couple of minutes before?
Yeah. I delivered my final order for yesterday and tapped on the green button to collect the reward. Nothing happened. I thought maybe my finger was sweaty or something and my tap didn't register, so I waited a bit. And when I went to try again, suddenly the screen changed and the day went back to being incomplete and I SPENT 60 GEMS TO FINISH IT. :( I had all the necessary orders ready and there was absolutely NO NEED to spend a single gem.

I don't think complaining here will do much to help since the gem traps are never ever going to go away, but I just wanted to share my frustration with you guys since I almost punched my phone yesterday. I had just enough to buy that second chateau stove I've been wanting for weeks. Things like these really make me not feel like paying for gems if there's a good possibility they'll just go to waste in some stupid way.

KayleesCupcakes
09-30-15, 10:15 AM
Yes please fix this problem!! I'm missing over 45 gems since the last cruise event and its extremely frustrating!

ostraoz
09-17-16, 12:26 AM
I almost collected 250 gems. Then they took me 100 for stupid thing ...(to started wedding cruise earlier. And it happens all the time. I lost so many gems. Is there possible to collect 250 gems for new applians withiout these gem traps? Of course if you not buy then with real money all 250or more and to spend at once?

MysticOrchid
09-17-16, 09:28 PM
The devs would of already of done something like this by now if they wanted to. I asked this years ago for Bakery Story 1 and it never happened so.... Overall RS2 is due for an update. Gem button, new food stand/stoves and at least a community store to sell your own stuff and more counters. Maybe they aren't making much revenue to invest into features like this.

ostraoz
09-17-16, 11:33 PM
I like to spend gems on decoration in FS.(stil playing) And also I liked to buy decoration in BS or RS. ( I quit that games) . But other games like RS2 I use gems only to improve the game. I wanted to buy at least 1 appliance ( 250 gems) but it is not possible. I tried really. I didn't react when they took me 10 or 20 , but 100 ... I'm angry. I wrote them. [] When I buy decoration it is easier . In FS when I collect 50 or 60 I don't wait, open inventory and buy something nice. But in Rs2 is very hard. I also played farm story 2 . Also not possible to save gems. Only thing I know you have to spend as soon as possible or it will be some trap. Or to buy a lot with real money and also spend quick or it will be trap. That's the part of the game.

ostraoz
10-18-16, 03:03 AM
About 2 hours ago TL took me about 100 gems. I checked 3 times all stores, there were no speeding anyting , I didn't buy anything , I didn't even open that place with decoration . I checked cruise it is untouched and my goals stay at the same place also it was no speeding anything . I had about 180 gems , now I have 83. I wrote TL email. It is only one explanation for this -they took it accidentally Or on purpose. I will wait several days , to give them time. But if they don't return me my gems I quit all TL game. I want to thank all people for good cooperation and because they probably won't return I want to thank all forums and playing I had nice practise of English language. This was not my fault, not even with finger corner this time and I can't see point in further playing

ostraoz
10-18-16, 02:30 PM
So nobody can help or even responded. No wonder I got this forgotton thread .

kooky panda
10-18-16, 02:44 PM
I am sorry but the forum cannot help. For loss of gems, please send an email to support@storm8.com .