PDA

View Full Version : Answering Requests

sweetpea6645
01-08-15, 05:10 AM
I'm getting ready to remove all 100 of my new neighbors all because they can't answer requests .....i have 3 accts SWEETPEA6645 PARIS66 MS6645 and I had to ask myself for my requests just to get my oven done. I REFUSE to answer any requests and if you're my neighbor and see yourself gone you'll know why.

AnnasCoffee
01-08-15, 07:58 AM
Wow, out of 100 neighbors not even ONE accepted your request!? It almost sounds like a technical problem but since you were able to send yourself parts that can't be it. But it still just sounds odd to me. If you want you can add me and send me a request. I'll write on your wall after I accept the request.... if you want to "triple-check".

sally_brown
01-08-15, 08:12 AM
Just so you know, you can only send out 20 requests per day. If you're sending requests to all 100 people, 80 of them won't get them that same day.

fatbearsecondary
01-08-15, 10:11 AM
Just so you know, you can only send out 20 requests per day. If you're sending requests to all 100 people, 80 of them won't get them that same day.

This is 100% true and maybe only part of the OP's problem.

OP: It's a well known issue that part requests get backed up if you make more than 20 a day, meaning that if you request from 100 people on one day, it will take 5 days to clear out your backlog. I don't think anyone's ever investigated what order these appear in, so you can't be sure who is getting your requests when...

I also don't think anyone actually knows what happens if you send out 100 requests *every* day. After your first day, you'd have 80 backlog requests. After the second, 160 (20 from the previous day answered plus 100 news ones). After the 3rd day, 240 backed up requests? Who knows how the system handles such a thing.

tl;dr - my best advice to you is to wait 4-5 days for the system to clear out. Then, start over with ~20 neighbors who you know actively play. Your own accounts can and should be included in that 20. Limit yourself to 20 requests, to those folks, a day. You should see better results this way.

sweetpea6645
01-08-15, 10:45 AM
Thank but I've been playing these games for 6 years now.....I'm well aware of how many i can send out.....if I can send tgem to myself other ppl should sendbthem back, it took 4 days waiting on other ppl to send back requests in fact it was a gear for the xmas ovens..
I'm very active on all 3 accts so not only do I answer 3 times but I'll send tbecsame gift to you gotvthat item 6 times from me and i can get ppl to answer my requests and its beyond annoying

AngelaM_93
01-08-15, 11:35 AM
If you want to delete your nbrs, I recomend that you make a list of those who send you gifts every day. I can't believe that you don't have at least 10 active nbrs, and those who send gifts are usually those who answer requests. That is all of course if you have time and energy to do that. You could keep up with writing down your nbrs for a week or two and that will give you the idea of those who are active. Delete everyone else. And then if those who are active don't answer your request, I don't know, delete them too and start fresh.

Natasha_07
01-08-15, 01:53 PM
If you want to delete your nbrs, I recomend that you make a list of those who send you gifts every day. I can't believe that you don't have at least 10 active nbrs, and those who send gifts are usually those who answer requests. That is all of course if you have time and energy to do that. You could keep up with writing down your nbrs for a week or two and that will give you the idea of those who are active. Delete everyone else. And then if those who are active don't answer your request, I don't know, delete them too and start fresh.

You are only allowed to receive 20 gifts per day, so sometimes you think certain people don't gift but it could also be that you're max by the time they gift.

BuddyB111
01-08-15, 03:43 PM

Well, I just learned something new - thank you! :) I've always divided up requests for goal parts to my neighbours by letters of the alphabet e.g. A-H, I-S and T-Z, but I've never noticed any group replying more slowly than others (I have 60-70 neighbours). I'll watch for this next time.

It does sound strange that the OP has had such a lack of response.

LavaRain8
01-08-15, 06:40 PM
It just could be bad timing, I suppose. So long as people are just simply daily players (checking the game at least 2-3 times a day reliably), I don't really mind if they aren't all super quick with request responses. I also don't mind because on goal days, I don't accept gifts and ask most of them to not gift me that day, so I'll have both up to 20 gift parts and the 20 requests for goal parts. And since I refuse to buy a ton of goal appliances anymore at these prices, I'm usually good on what I end up getting.

I work during the day, so I can only help but understand that plenty of other players on my list could have full time jobs/school, as well. With mine, I typically have some time to check it throughout the day to see if I need to clear tables, answer requests, etc. But others may not have that type of opportunity, so it is what it is. Since you have multiple bakeries OP, I'm assuming you just simply have more free time than most and can get to the game a lot throughout the day, which is perfectly fine. But it's just a reality that others may not, or they possibly could be on different time zones as you that would make them not around as much around goal release (I have plenty of neighbors who are overseas who are quite a few hours ahead of me, for instance). Not to mention any other random real world occurrences that pop up from time to time that could take your attention for a while. Just could be bad luck that a number of your neighbors had that happen to them that day.

You definitely should find more neighbors who are more compatible with your playstyle, so I don't fault you for wanting that at all. But just giving some perspective as to what possibly could be going on with them, other than them just potentially ignoring requests just to do it. We all have our playing preferences, so I say just perform the "purge" that you need and try to be upfront about what you would like in future neighbors and hopefully only qualified candidates will apply. I know that I for one will instantly (but quietly) remove anyone that sends me brownies (or any other food item) without a message indicating that it wasn't an accident. So...zero judgments, do what you have to do! ;)

mytsa
01-08-15, 06:55 PM
6 years?! I've heard that BS is released in 2011....
I myself had once received a request which states itself "4 days ago" and that's it

sally_brown
01-08-15, 07:35 PM
I've received requests that were 5 days old.