PDA

View Full Version : Would you sell a Diamond egg?

saghaven
01-06-15, 01:32 PM
I bred my THIRD diamond dragon. It'll be ready for hatching in a few hours off the nest but I already have two. Should I just sell the egg? Hatch it then trade it? What can you trade a diamond dragon for? It's not like it's a hybrid where I can put it somewhere else but I don't want another diamond habitat for a dragon I don't really need.

Thoughts?

Annica5
01-06-15, 01:56 PM
Once I would have been shocked at the question but I have 2 Diamonds and have traded Gold #3. Heartbreaking but I would sell it. Trading gives just netherdust, not worth the evolution time. This game keeps turning round corners and changing my perspective :)

cocauina
01-06-15, 02:24 PM
I already have 2 Diamond's until 3/4 days ago that I've breeded 2 more Diamond's in a row.. I've bought another 2 diamond habitats only to hatch him, I cannot sell them, I can't do that xD

saghaven
01-06-15, 02:35 PM
It's really a painful thought, isn't it? LOL! You try so hard to get them and then to get to the point that you'd just sell it is almost crazy. Especially when there are some who haven't bred even one. Ugh. I do think I'm gonna sell it though. If it's just nether dust then I don't want to have to feed then evolve it just to get that.

cocauina
01-06-15, 02:47 PM
I would LOVE to give 2 of my diamond's to two different players that still are missing him, at least I wouldn't sell or trade them, someone would give him food and take care of him :p

saghaven
01-06-15, 03:26 PM
Exactly! I really wish we had the option to give dragons to other players or at least to trade. I'd love to give the little guy away. Who knows who I'm selling this egg to! :confused::p

kooky panda
01-06-15, 03:47 PM
The only time I have sold a diamond is when I ran out of habitat space.

LonePudding
01-06-15, 04:31 PM
Depending on how many coins you have. If you still need help saving up, keep it. If you need help with bombs and your evo temple is pretty empty I'd feed mine up to level 10 so that gets me 33bombs. If you need nether dust for anything I'd trade it. If you don't need help on anything, sell it! Well done on your 3rd diamond though!

luna2cute
01-06-15, 04:46 PM
Send it to me, I need one! ��

orleansparish
01-06-15, 07:54 PM
Nope! I wouldn't sell a regular Diamond. But did sell four Infinities when I needed space and you couldn't breed with them anymore. Now I wish I had kept them. My diamonds are tired and worn out. Today I have a different problem. I don't have space in my purple and black habitats. I've three nests. With two anubis and one dark angel. Id never sell my DA and have wanted a 2nd anubis since forever. So I don't know what to do! Should I sell an angel, because I've got about six of those. Or do I leave breeding for a while until I can buy a 4th nest?

Decisions...decisions....! Never sell a diamond!

Natasha_07
01-06-15, 08:00 PM
I would LOVE to give 2 of my diamond's to two different players that still are missing him, at least I wouldn't sell or trade them, someone would give him food and take care of him :p

Maybe they should allow a diamond trade.

ghostiemom
01-06-15, 08:31 PM
I'll take one. Level 104 and CAN'T breed a diamond!!!!

belbar22
01-07-15, 01:57 AM
I am level 150 have played almost since the beginning and I have never bred a diamond !!! Had to buy one in the end.

Anaboe
01-07-15, 05:15 AM
Agree with Annica5.

But, Diamond Dragons are very handy to get bombs from evolving, especially when you want 2 dragons from mining, without spending gold. So I'd prolly won't sell it off the nest, but evolve it at the right time.

sand
01-07-15, 06:02 AM
Ultimately, I'd sell anything rendered useless or superfluous if it was getting in the way of acquiring some new precious thing.

Only one of my islands has ultra-rare dragons, including 2 Diamonds and most of the hybrids. I have more coins on that island (Arena Sand) than I could possibly ever spend, and have no further use of the Nether Dust that diamond types trade for. So if I had the "misfortune" to breed another pure Diamond, I would definitely sell the egg rather than hatch it. However, I might hatch and temporarily house it if I were looking to tie up my Temple with a 44-hour evolution while waiting for a new mine-n-craft dragon to come along (gives you a bonus of 11 bombs as soon as the mine shaft reopens). Then as soon as I got it out of the Temple, I would trade it.

My toughest sacrifice was an IceCrown egg. It was my third one, and sat on the nest for weeks, putting a halt to my Arctic breedings. Finally, I sold the egg, then suffered through months of fails before I finally bred the only Arctic dragon I was missing - the ****erWhale. But now that ****erWhale egg lives on the Frozen Nest because it can't be hatched without selling one of my two IceCrowns. And they are even more precious to me than the two Diamonds on the warm isles. (Ultimately, all the Arctic dragons are downright useless anyway. LOL)

The choice really depends upon what situation your island is in. An ultra-rare creature ceases to be priceless when you have too many. It makes even less sense to hold onto one if it becomes a hindrance.

Now if only I could transfer ultras from one island to another... Wouldn't THAT be awesome!

saghaven
01-07-15, 08:43 AM
I ended up selling it. I've got plenty of dragons that need evolving so I didn't need it for that. Have several small blue & purple gems to get nether dust so I don't need to trade it. I've got habitat room but just truly don't want to add a habitat that only holds one dragon when I already have two. I'm not one of those players that need to have EVERY dragon so I'd like to keep my space available for dragons I actually want or need.

sachse03
01-07-15, 12:41 PM
i wish we can trade with other player never had one, caused i had so many